PDA

View Full Version : What if Dr.J hadn't been forced to leave?

Chill_Will_24
08-24-2011, 08:14 PM
What effect if any would if had on the Knicks and 76ers? Would the Knicks still be the top dog in NY? Would the Nets still have left to NJ? What about the Sixers? Would the Nets have become a power if the Knicks hadnt screwed them?

llemon
08-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Well, I'm not sure Julius was forced to leave the Nets, but if he had entered the NBA with the Nets, the Nets NBA history would certainly be different.

NYKnicksAllDay
08-24-2011, 10:25 PM
What exactly happened?

llemon
08-24-2011, 10:35 PM
What exactly happened?

Julius wanted to renegotiate his deal with the Nets. He wanted lots more money, and he wasn't reporting until he got it.

Nets had to pay Knicks about $5 mil over 10 years for 'territorial privileges'.

Roy Boe decided to sell Julius to the Sixers for $3 mil.

And the NBA (except for Net fans) lived happily ever after, up until this lockout.

Chronz
08-24-2011, 11:06 PM
You can go back even further when Doc had tried to sign with the Hawks, lots of people fantasized about the possibility of Doc and Pistol Pete together.

Hellcrooner
08-24-2011, 11:08 PM
You can go back even further when Doc had tried to sign with the Hawks, lots of people fantasized about the possibility of Doc and Pistol Pete together.

only that the team that really drafted him( cwich he ditched( was the bucks

bigo o , dr j and kareem :speechless:

NYKnicksAllDay
08-25-2011, 03:54 AM
Julius wanted to renegotiate his deal with the Nets. He wanted lots more money, and he wasn't reporting until he got it.

Nets had to pay Knicks about $5 mil over 10 years for 'territorial privileges'.

Roy Boe decided to sell Julius to the Sixers for $3 mil.

And the NBA (except for Net fans) lived happily ever after, up until this lockout.

"Territorial privileges?" that's ****ing stupid.

DodgerBulls
08-25-2011, 05:08 AM

Maybe because they will split profits? It's like paying the mob to keep your business afloat.

JordansBulls
08-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Portland also had the chance to draft Dr J. In fact they missed out on him, Bird, MJ and now Durant.

llemon
08-25-2011, 12:42 PM

What is stupid about it?

JordansBulls
08-26-2011, 07:59 AM
What is stupid about it?

Probably that someone gets the pick automatically.

llemon
08-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Probably that someone gets the pick automatically.

What pick? Nets had to pay Knicks $4.8 mil over 10 years for the 'privilege' of calling the New York City Greater Metropolitan area their NBA home.

JordansBulls
08-26-2011, 03:59 PM
What pick? Nets had to pay Knicks $4.8 mil over 10 years for the 'privilege' of calling the New York City Greater Metropolitan area their NBA home.

No I mean that everyone doesn't have equal chance like in a draft lottery.

NYKnicksAllDay
08-26-2011, 04:32 PM
What is stupid about it?

I just thought it was stupid for one team to have to pay another team money in order to call a town there home. I guess its just me. :shrug:

llemon
08-26-2011, 04:35 PM
No I mean that everyone doesn't have equal chance like in a draft lottery.

The four ABA teams that entered the NBA in 1976 did not get to pick in the '76 draft, and the were last in line in the ABA dispersal draft.

With all that, Nuggets won 50 games that season and led the MidWest division

There was also a deal reached with the Spirits of Saint Louis for their not being included in the merger, and the owners of the Spirits got a percentage of the monies that the ABA teams would be recieving from national TV contracts.

Spirits owners are still collecting money 35 years later, and at this point, it is quite a substantial amount per year.

DR_1
08-26-2011, 10:52 PM
I thought we were going to do a sigbet chillwill

Chill_Will_24
08-26-2011, 10:55 PM
I thought we were going to do a sigbet chillwill

Wait for the season to start... what was it? If Noah is an all star before Brook i delete my account and if Brook gets in before Noah you delete yours?

TO Rapz
08-26-2011, 11:00 PM
What if this, what if that. What ifs dont work in sports, there are too many variables. Whatever happened has happened, and if you want, you can really pick out minor details that could change the whole complexion of the league.

Chill_Will_24
08-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Thats why he is an idiot for taking this bet. Its a calculated gamble on my part. If there is a season Deron Williams will turn Brook into a star and anyone that knows how good Deron is knows its more likely to happen than Noah turning into one.

JasonJohnHorn
08-27-2011, 12:27 AM
I just thought it was stupid for one team to have to pay another team money in order to call a town there home. I guess its just me. :shrug:

Nope. Not just you. I agree. Its not even the same city man, it's not even the same fawking state! Did the Clippers have to pay the Lakers when they moved to LA? Or the Warriors? Or Kings? They all play in the same state as the Lakers. Did Houston, Dallas and the Spurs have to pay each other? It's like telling Toronto to pay Detroit because they might lose fans from windsor. I had always thought they had sold Dr. J's contract to buy into the league. That is fawking stupid.

Spacolie716
08-27-2011, 12:43 AM
what if Dr. J actually signed with his drafted team? the Bucks, that probably would of kept Kareem

llemon
08-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Nope. Not just you. I agree. Its not even the same city man, it's not even the same fawking state! Did the Clippers have to pay the Lakers when they moved to LA? Or the Warriors? Or Kings? They all play in the same state as the Lakers. Did Houston, Dallas and the Spurs have to pay each other? It's like telling Toronto to pay Detroit because they might lose fans from windsor. I had always thought they had sold Dr. J's contract to buy into the league. That is fawking stupid.

It was the NBA doing business. Nets fan base was also a big part of the Knicks fan base. Knicks were trying to make things as difficult for the Nets as possible.

John Y. Brown folded the Kentucky Colonels and received $3 mil, rather than bring them into the NBA and pay $3 mil, then bought the Buffalo Braves at a cheaper price. The Colonels were a very popular ABA team, and had some talent.

JordansBulls
10-01-2011, 07:00 PM
what if Dr. J actually signed with his drafted team? the Bucks, that probably would of kept Kareem

Kareem wanted out because of religion.