PDA

View Full Version : Better in Game Dunker Griffin or James

DE9394
08-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Between Blake Griffin and Lebron James, who is the better in game dunker?

KnicksorBust
08-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Blake. LeBron has the cuff dunk but Griffin laid down arguably 2 of the top 5 dunks last year as a rookie and he's only gonna get nastier.

Chacarron
08-23-2011, 09:35 PM
The Blakeshow.

JJ_JKidd
08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
It aint LeFake, yall gots to that its Buhlaakee!

Stack_NJNets
08-23-2011, 10:02 PM
High Griffinition.

Ponch
08-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Shawn Kemp trumps both

tredigs
08-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Shawn Kemp trumps both

Truthfully, can't agree there. Blake might already be the best in-game dunker of all time (no way you can find a single season of any player with more insane dunks).

diu9leilomo
08-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Truthfully, can't agree there. Blake might already be the best in-game dunker of all time (no way you can find a single season of any player with more insane dunks).

vince carter will eat blake alive at his prime

Sadds The Gr8
08-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Griffin is an 800x better in game dunker than Lebron

airforceones25
08-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Blake AINEC

Ezio
08-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Blake. Lebron usually gets his dunks on like fastbreaks or open lanes. While Blake gets his after a post move therefore more impressive and flashier.

tredigs
08-23-2011, 10:38 PM

Vince is the ONLY one who I have on his level from a dynamic+force+WTF athleticism standpoint when it comes to in game dunks (and Vince is without a doubt the better dunk-contest dunker. Best ever).

Eat him alive, though? Not a chance. Blake - in ONE GAME - had 2 dunks that would rank in Vince's top ten ever in game.

i.got.the.nutz
08-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Hard to compare Vince and Blake. Two different type of dunkers, but if I had to choose one person to watch dunk, it would have to be V.C.

Kobes a Killer
08-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Blake is amazing, his rookie season montage of dunks>most players careers montages of dunks. Unreal

Kobes a Killer
08-23-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvTRf-ro0jA nuff said. At the end his dissapointing dunk over the car, you can see on one angle he totally coulda cleared the whole thing

THE GIPPER
08-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Blake for sure. 2nd all time after Vince.

diu9leilomo
08-23-2011, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieXETZVLJa4

Bishnoff
08-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Griffin for sure.

MrfadeawayJB
08-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Griffin easily

Clippersfan86
08-24-2011, 12:41 AM

"I'm going to always root for me, regardless -- even if he's better than me. It's not fair to compare the two right now because he hasn't done a dunk in a dunk contest. Now his in-game dunks, I pick him 100 percent. But right now, I'm winning the dunk contest because he hasn't dunked yet. It could be different after this."

Vince Carter 2011 All Star weekend when asked to compare himself in his prime to Blake Griffin

http://arizona.sbnation.com/phoenix-suns/2011/2/1/1968652/vince-carter-excited-for-blake-griffin-dunk-contest-might-even-watch

Those are words from his mouth in a Phoenix newspaper. Vince Carter no doubt was more creative and more of a dunking artist but Blake Griffin is a more ferocious in game dunker. Blake already has a top 10 dunk list that can rival almost anyone in league history and is probably top 5 for sure and he just finished his first year. It obviously took Vince many years to compile that nasty dunk list and reputation.

MJ-BULLS
08-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Blake Griffin without a doubt.

bmykal24
08-24-2011, 12:59 AM
blake griffin and its really not close

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Blake, easily.

1 thing I wish... I wish LeBron would dunk on more people. YouTube, MJ and see pages and pages of how many people he's dunking on. Same with Kobe, Rose, BG. LeBron has alot of memorable dunks, don't get me wrong. But, I just wanna see him dunkin on the Bynums, Howards of the L

naps
08-24-2011, 01:12 AM
BG is flashier because he does his on post moves. LeBron's open court dunks are more vicious.

And anyone already comparing BG with VC is totally insane. Must have not seen VC dunk in his prime. Hands down the greatest dunker of all time. BG has long ways to catch VC.

MackSnackWrap
08-24-2011, 01:14 AM

this!

MackSnackWrap
08-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Theres no way someone can truly believe blakes a better ingame and just better dunker in general... Insanity.. Vincanity was much better in prime. ANd Blakes dunk contest dunks were pretty bad lol. Juss saying. Derozan had the most impressive dunk of the contest lol.....

Yanks All Day
08-24-2011, 01:19 AM
Blake has the flashier dunks, but LeBron has the more powerful dunks. I'm not sure what I'm more impressed with during a game. Blake's seem ridiculously athletic, but LeBron dunks over 2 or 3 people at a time, which is equally as impressive to me. Different styles.

On another note, don't compare VC and Blake yet, because its not close at the moment.

LakersMaster24
08-24-2011, 01:44 AM
As of right now Blake is the best in game dunker.

But all time its VINCE CARTER. Not even close. Carter's dunks where much more creative and amazing than Griffin's.

LakersMaster24
08-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Vince is the ONLY one who I have on his level from a dynamic+force+WTF athleticism standpoint when it comes to in game dunks (and Vince is without a doubt the better dunk-contest dunker. Best ever).

Eat him alive, though? Not a chance. Blake - in ONE GAME - had 2 dunks that would rank in Vince's top ten ever in game.

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg386/basketbawful/cuban2.gif

Law25
08-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Blake, easily.

1 thing I wish... I wish LeBron would dunk on more people. YouTube, MJ and see pages and pages of how many people he's dunking on. Same with Kobe, Rose, BG. LeBron has alot of memorable dunks, don't get me wrong. But, I just wanna see him dunkin on the Bynums, Howards of the L

This, thats why im not an fan of this eras young dunkers. Other than Wade, Rose, and now Blake i dont see the fearless dunkers like the past four decades. Back then they were speed, power, hoops, and creativity all in games. Fast breaks would quite the stadium and the house, and when players got dunked on it would shake the house. I remember when no one was safe little men big men everyone was an target thats why players were better blockers becuase they feared the poster, lol. I'm done with my old man rant,

Law25
08-24-2011, 01:56 AM
http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg386/basketbawful/cuban2.gif

lol

The Final Boss
08-24-2011, 02:36 AM
Kobe Bryant.

sventhedog
08-24-2011, 07:37 AM
lebron can't even join a dunk contest. end of story!

asandhu23
08-24-2011, 08:19 AM
J Rich was an insane dunker as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj7-lzaZ9QA

Good video but no sound...

OlivaThor
08-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Griffin > Carter > James in dunking.. Blake have finished the first season and has top 10 on VC level + 214 dunks? How many has Vince the most..

mttwlsn16
08-24-2011, 08:41 AM
blake
/thread

dnewguy
08-24-2011, 09:02 AM
LBJ.......probably the best in-game dunker of all time, all time.

MTar786
08-24-2011, 09:10 AM
no one in history can compare to vince carter in game or in a dunk constest.

all time goes

vince

everyone else

MTar786
08-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Kobe Bryant.

kobe was a SICK in game dunker.. but he didnt do it enough to be on a top 5-10 all time list.. but dunks kobe did that were beyond belief were

his dunk on dwight
his dunk on half the kings players driving baseline taking christie off the dribble
his dunk the same as above taking bruce bowen off the dribble
his dunk on yao
his dunk in 07 or 08 against the suns.. WOW (he actually had a few sick dunks on phoenix)
the dunk against denver going behind the back 180
the dunk on the knicks. dont remember which season
his dunk on emeka

those are just off the top of my head
kobe would take it to you to make a statment

mjm07
08-24-2011, 09:33 AM
El BJ. End of thread.

DwayneMVPwade
08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Griffin

nycsports2
08-24-2011, 10:03 AM
blake

AKAYaReal
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
The Blake for sure.

But lets come back to our senses now and not really put Blake on VC's level just yet.

Blake is 6'10, best dunk is him dunking ON a 7'1 center
VC is 6'6, best dunk is him dunking OVER a 7ft center by jumping OVER his head!!!

When it boils down to it, it will be hard to beat VC in the long run because Blake at his height is supposed to be posterizing players, VC at his height was truly half man, half amazing when it came to dunking and in game dunking.

Just go back and look at a lot of the great shot blockers and defenders VC shamed in his prime.

Not saying Blake cant get there but its hard seeing how we are comparing a PF to a SG.

Ill21
08-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Griffin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPzIHdZQAj4

iliketurtles24
08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
blake

Cool007
08-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Griffin is an 800x better in game dunker than Lebron

This. Blake Griffin is so much better dunker than LeBron as it's not even close.

Better question is who is better dunker between LeBron and D-Wade????

Pretty close.

KaganRS
08-24-2011, 11:41 AM
I dont know why all of you are Carter's nutsack .... there's plenty of dunkers in the world that Vince can't even hold a candle to ... they just aren't in the NBA.

It is impressive though that they can do it in the top league in the world though; in game.

I'm just saying , for everybody who thinks these guys are the best dunkers , for every one Blake Griffin in the NBA there are probably 20 guys that can dunk like him that didn't make the league

ghettosean
08-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Vince is without a doubt the best dunker of all time... When you dunk over a 7ft human being (litterly) then you get that kind of respect!

In this arguement it's obviously Blake Griffin I mean come on now this isn't even debateable.

SteBO
08-24-2011, 12:16 PM
It's gotta be Blake here imo. I do somewhat disagree with the notion that it isn't close though.

asandhu23
08-24-2011, 02:32 PM
oh yeah... Monta's dunked on a 6-10 player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0HClEJ9II0

he is 6-3. impressive? i think so.

Tony_Starks
08-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Was this even a real question or just another invitation to Lebron bash? Its not even close between him and Griffin, Griffin is a video game!

LakersMaster24
08-24-2011, 03:36 PM
LBJ.......probably the best in-game dunker of all time, all time.

Yea...he is also the greatest three point shooter....he is a master of post moves...he is clutch...and a proven champion...

Right...

LA_Raiders
08-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Blake. LeBron has the cuff dunk but Griffin laid down arguably 2 of the top 5 dunks last year as a rookie and he's only gonna get nastier.

this

Mckphins
08-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Give me some Blake, where's the poll?

naps
08-25-2011, 03:33 AM
Dwyane Wade is a very underrated in game dunker. He has some unbelievable dunks over the years. He's certainly one of the best in the business.

Cert
08-25-2011, 04:10 AM
LBJ.

No jk

kdspurman
08-25-2011, 11:32 AM
I think Blake is a better in game dunker than LBJ. But i gotta agree with the people saying Vince over Blake. As of now, imo it's not close. Vince was a beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf4H3OR-7IE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1O1ZXAFrc8&feature=related

kdspurman
08-25-2011, 11:36 AM
I dont know why all of you are Carter's nutsack .... there's plenty of dunkers in the world that Vince can't even hold a candle to ... they just aren't in the NBA.

It is impressive though that they can do it in the top league in the world though; in game.

I'm just saying , for everybody who thinks these guys are the best dunkers , for every one Blake Griffin in the NBA there are probably 20 guys that can dunk like him that didn't make the league

Maybe so but if they aren't good enough to do it in the league with the worlds greatest players then it's not as impressive.

3ballbomber
08-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Griff-dog no doubt!

nickdymez
08-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Blake AINEC

This...

Hustla23
08-25-2011, 02:51 PM
LOL at the people saying Blake is in even near Carter in his prime. :laugh2:

nickdymez
08-25-2011, 02:59 PM
LOL at the people saying Blake is in even near Carter in his prime. :laugh2:

Its arguable, not laughable... Blake has a highlight dunk every single night. Vince had a lot, but not every single night..

Slug3
08-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Its arguable, not laughable... Blake has a highlight dunk every single night. Vince had a lot, but not every single night..

Thats because 95% of Blakes shots are dunks. That is what he usually goes for and nothing else.

chitown4eva88
08-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Blake hands down

Clippersfan86
08-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Thats because 95% of Blakes shots are dunks. That is what he usually goes for and nothing else.

Vince Carter already called Blake the better in game dunker so you guys need to STFU and stop complaining. I posted the article/interview in this thread. I'm going to listen to Vince Carter before I listen to a bunch of scrubs on forums. If you go by Vince's Fred Weis dunk alone.... you're blind. Blake had a NASTY top 10 dunk list in his rookie year. Vince's resume of insane dunks was built over about 10 seasons.

Vince Carter is no doubt the flashier and more creative dunker but he didn't dunk on people as often as Blake does. Blake is a lock to be on the top 10 plays every single night and usually is number 1. That's something we have never seen and I've followed Vince since he was a rookie when I was a huge fan of his.

netsgiantsyanks
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Vince Carter already called Blake the better in game dunker so you guys need to STFU and stop complaining. I posted the article/interview in this thread. I'm going to listen to Vince Carter before I listen to a bunch of scrubs on forums. If you go by Vince's Fred Weis dunk alone.... you're blind. Blake had a NASTY top 10 dunk list in his rookie year. Vince's resume of insane dunks was built over about 10 seasons.

Vince Carter is no doubt the flashier and more creative dunker but he didn't dunk on people as often as Blake does. Blake is a lock to be on the top 10 plays every single night and usually is number 1. That's something we have never seen and I've followed Vince since he was a rookie when I was a huge fan of his.

and what are you?

Clippersfan86
08-25-2011, 05:17 PM
and what are you?

I'm in the same boat obviously. I'm saying if you guys are saying Vince Carter is hands down the best in game dunker... why is Vince saying Blake is no question the better in game dunker? I think the opinion of the player being discussed and someone who's played in the league like 13 seasons and has played against these players has more insight than someone on a forum.

Don't get it twisted. I feel Vince is the best dunker in NBA history. His international dunks combined with his dunk contest and in game dunks. I'm just saying don't worship him blindly to the point to where you can't admit the obvious. Blake is the nastier in game dunker. I mean the guy already has a 10 minute video of NBA dunks as a freaking rookie. Not to mention a few classics, especially lobs. Blake is making the alley oop his signature and nobody can touch him in that department. Reverse alley oops, oops off backboard, full extension oops in traffic, 50+ foot alley oops. Not to mention more than a few of these were on or around defenders.

LakersMaster24
08-25-2011, 06:16 PM

Ey, how about you STFU? And go ride Griffins dick some more ? HUH? Do you really expect Vince to say, "Blake Griffin is not even close to me, I was a MUCH better dunker"? Vince Carter's dunks were MUCH MORE creative, and better than Blake's power dunks.

Clippersfan86
08-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Ey, how about you STFU? And go ride Griffins dick some more ? HUH? Do you really expect Vince to say, "Blake Griffin is not even close to me, I was a MUCH better dunker"? Vince Carter's dunks were MUCH MORE creative, and better than Blake's power dunks.

Um are you ********? No I expect Vince to randomly say Blake is a better in game dunker when he clearly isn't :rolleyes:. Why would Vince say it if he didn't believe it? Would prime Shaq say that Mutombo was a better center than him just out of convenience? Your logic makes absolutely zero sense. Blake is a better in game dunker and has a better resume than Vince did in his rookie year PERIOD. Hate all you want but Vince said it himself.

kdspurman
08-25-2011, 08:20 PM

Its quite possible Vince was just being humble you know... Some guys aren't really like "oh i'm better than him". I bet if they asked Blake, it's quite possible he'd same the same about Vince.

Everyone on here has their own opinion man. It's definitely arguable between the 2. But Vince had many years and many more dunks. Blake will likely pass him, but right now? I can not consider Blake after 1 year a better in game dunker than Vince. Blake throws it down harder, but there's more to dunking than that

kdspurman
08-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Um are you ********? No I expect Vince to randomly say Blake is a better in game dunker when he clearly isn't :rolleyes:. Why would Vince say it if he didn't believe it? Would prime Shaq say that Mutombo was a better center than him just out of convenience? Your logic makes absolutely zero sense. Blake is a better in game dunker and has a better resume than Vince did in his rookie year PERIOD. Hate all you want but Vince said it himself.

Shaq is on another level. He's not the most humble guy lol Tim Duncan gets asked if he is the best PF of all time and he says no, he's just honored people think of him as that. Some guys are just not "me first" guys. You see the same kind of attitude with guys like Durant, and Rose. Vince has always been pretty classy. I think you're reading into that a little too much.

Clippersfan86
08-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Its quite possible Vince was just being humble you know... Some guys aren't really like "oh i'm better than him". I bet if they asked Blake, it's quite possible he'd same the same about Vince.

Everyone on here has their own opinion man. It's definitely arguable between the 2. But Vince had many years and many more dunks. Blake will likely pass him, but right now? I can not consider Blake after 1 year a better in game dunker than Vince. Blake throws it down harder, but there's more to dunking than that

Good post and I agree with pretty much all of it on the own opinion and all that. I just honestly doubt just to be humble Vince would call someone a better dunker with that much certainty in his quote. Beyond that I'm not saying Blake is the undisputed better dunker... I just took exception to people randomly throwing Vince Carter into this and saying how Blake isn't even on that elite dunking tier and how Vince blows him away.

kdspurman
08-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Good post and I agree with pretty much all of it on the own opinion and all that. I just honestly doubt just to be humble Vince would call someone a better dunker with that much certainty in his quote. Beyond that I'm not saying Blake is the undisputed better dunker... I just took exception to people randomly throwing Vince Carter into this and saying how Blake isn't even on that elite dunking tier and how Vince blows him away.

Well in fairness i think it says Vince was asked how he felt he compared to Blake. It's not fair to say he blows him away (Vince) cause he has many years on Blake. Blake's been in the league 1 year, so with what he has done, it's impressive already. It's just hard to compare best in game dunker when 1 guy is a seasoned vet and another has only played one year. I think it's a safe assumption Blake will only get better and continue to amaze us.

TheRunKiller
08-25-2011, 10:23 PM
probably Blake cuz he really can't do anything else right now, Lebron has a much better jumpshot

movepac15
08-25-2011, 10:32 PM
James.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2011, 12:38 AM
probably Blake cuz he really can't do anything else right now, Lebron has a much better jumpshot

Yea because he didn't average 12 rebounds a game and 4 assists just about. Blake is definitely raw.... but for a ROOKIE bigman he's actually got a pretty well rounded post game and a few good moves.

kdspurman
08-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Yea because he didn't average 12 rebounds a game and 4 assists just about. Blake is definitely raw.... but for a ROOKIE bigman he's actually got a pretty well rounded post game and a few good moves.

His #'s for a rookie were very impressive. No other PF (Maybe Timmy) really had those kind of numbers in their first year. He's a lot like Dwight. Once he really gets the fundamentals down, becomes a better post/paint defender and really understands the game watch out. The sky is the limit for this guy.

LeGacy is Music
08-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Shawn Kemp trumps both

+1 Kemp used to dunk on people BACKWARDS!!!!!

beasted86
08-26-2011, 12:40 PM

Did you just start watching basketball in 2010? :facepalm:

Raph12
08-27-2011, 04:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

Game over...

naps
08-27-2011, 04:57 AM

Damn, you really are a bitter bulls fan, aren't you? The guy had one of the best rookies seasons of all time and you are saying all he does is dunks? He averaged 12 rebounds and 4 assists along with 23 ppg. Show me when was the last time someone had a similar season. The closest and most recent was may be Tim Duncan.

Clippersfan86
08-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Damn, you really are a bitter bulls fan, aren't you? The guy had one of the best rookies seasons of all time and you are saying all he does is dunks? He averaged 12 rebounds and 4 assists along with 23 ppg. Show me when was the last time someone had a similar season. The closest and most recent was may be Tim Duncan.

People are taking him for granted the way they do with all great players. He attracts a lot of ignorant and blind hate because he's so damn good. Like you said you don't average 12 and 4 to go with almost 23 ppg as a pure dunker. He has an EXCELLENT all around game for any player let alone a rookie big. He's the first rookie in 41 years to put his numbers up since Kareem. He's one of 3 rookies to EVER average his combination of stats. He's working his *** off this offseason on his shot, defense and fundamentals.

People are in for a rude awakening when he comes out dominating this next season and is in the MVP race (assuming Clippers win 45-50 games at least). Blake has unlimited potential. I honestly think if Blake stays healthy and keeps working so damn hard.. he can finish top 10-15 all time and MAYBE be the best PF ever if he can lead the Clippers to a championship.

naps
08-27-2011, 05:58 PM
People are taking him for granted the way they do with all great players. He attracts a lot of ignorant and blind hate because he's so damn good. Like you said you don't average 12 and 4 to go with almost 23 ppg as a pure dunker. He has an EXCELLENT all around game for any player let alone a rookie big. He's the first rookie in 41 years to put his numbers up since Kareem. He's one of 3 rookies to EVER average his combination of stats. He's working his *** off this offseason on his shot, defense and fundamentals.

People are in for a rude awakening when he comes out dominating this next season and is in the MVP race (assuming Clippers win 45-50 games at least). Blake has unlimited potential. I honestly think if Blake stays healthy and keeps working so damn hard.. he can finish top 10-15 all time and MAYBE be the best PF ever if he can lead the Clippers to a championship.

I agree. But with that last two statements you are taking it a little too far I think. I mean topping Tim Duncan is not an easy job. One title is not gonna take him even near Timmy. Just look at Timmy's resume. But I agree that he has all the potentials in the world. I am looking forward to see improvements in his shooting, defense, and overall fundamentals. He might just turn out to be a monster if he can keep working on his game, and most importantly, IF he can stay healthy.

effen5
08-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Lebron isn't even in the conversation but if its between Vince and Blake

Its 100% Vince....

I think people forget how incredible he was 10 years ago....then again half this forum is probably 15 so they were too young to remember.

Vince was just beyond ridiculous

effen5
08-27-2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf4H3OR-7IE

The number 5 windmill dunk is better then anything Blakes done.

Gup
08-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Last year, Blake was BY FAR the best in game dunker - in the NBA. Although - the best in game dunker of all time is Vince Carter (without any question). Better than MJ, Dominique and Blake. Vince in his prime was out of this world. Would turn the ACC upside down, with his dunks.
In the worlds, when he dunked "over" that 7 foot 2 centre (forget his name/country) - it may have been the best dunk of all time.

Clippersfan86
08-27-2011, 11:11 PM
I agree. But with that last two statements you are taking it a little too far I think. I mean topping Tim Duncan is not an easy job. One title is not gonna take him even near Timmy. Just look at Timmy's resume. But I agree that he has all the potentials in the world. I am looking forward to see improvements in his shooting, defense, and overall fundamentals. He might just turn out to be a monster if he can keep working on his game, and most importantly, IF he can stay healthy.

I understand it seems like a stretch man but even Keyon Dooling, Craig Smith and another player I forgot have literally said Blake Griffin can definitely become the greatest PF of all time. It's really not that far fetched. I understand Duncan has his 4 rings but remember how much talent he had around him and how great of a coach and organization he had behind him.

Imagine Blake Griffin winning even 1 or 2 rings with the CLIPPERS. In my opinion that's equal to 4 rings with an elite franchise. I think at this point we should all believe at WORST IF healthy Blake is going to go down as the 3rd best PF ever after Duncan and Malone. He's not the next Kemp or Amare. He's gonna go a lot further than that.

MiamiWadeCounty
08-28-2011, 12:08 AM
I understand it seems like a stretch man but even Keyon Dooling, Craig Smith and another player I forgot have literally said Blake Griffin can definitely become the greatest PF of all time. It's really not that far fetched. I understand Duncan has his 4 rings but remember how much talent he had around him and how great of a coach and organization he had behind him.

Imagine Blake Griffin winning even 1 or 2 rings with the CLIPPERS. In my opinion that's equal to 4 rings with an elite franchise. I think at this point we should all believe at WORST IF healthy Blake is going to go down as the 3rd best PF ever after Duncan and Malone. He's not the next Kemp or Amare. He's gonna go a lot further than that.
Blake is a phenomenal player thus far but that statement deserves a :facepalm:. He may not even be the best PF of the next 5-10 years.

Clippersfan86
08-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Blake is a phenomenal player thus far but that statement deserves a :facepalm:. He may not even be the best PF of the next 5-10 years.

Find me another rookie PF to average Blake's numbers. Hasn't happened. Took Malone 3 seasons and Duncan 2. Why is it far fetched assuming he is healthy he won't end up with these 2 guys? You're greatly underestimating Blake. Your comment that Blake won't become the best PF of this decade is what's facepalm worthy. Would you really bet on that?

Swashcuff
08-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Find me another rookie PF to average Blake's numbers. Hasn't happened. Took Malone 3 seasons and Duncan 2. Why is it far fetched assuming he is healthy he won't end up with these 2 guys? You're greatly underestimating Blake. Your comment that Blake won't become the best PF of this decade is what's facepalm worthy. Would you really bet on that?

No Rookie PF has ever averaged 22, 12 and 3 but there have been more impressive seasons by rookie PFs throughout league history. Tim Duncan most recently. Bob Pettit and Terry Cummings are also arguable. Pettit more so than Cummings. There is no debate in terms of Duncan however he was certainly better than Blake.

TheRunKiller
08-28-2011, 01:35 AM

the thread says better dunker? nothing else right?

TheRunKiller
08-28-2011, 01:38 AM

i said that because he really can't do much else on the offensive end besides dunk, i know he can rebound :facepalm::facepalm: i wasn't hating on him.

naps
08-28-2011, 02:09 AM
the thread says better dunker? nothing else right?

Yes, but you said that's the only thing BG does, nothing else. How the hell on earth can you say that when he had a 23/12/4 season?

TheRunKiller
08-28-2011, 03:09 AM
and why would i be bitter? its not like last season was the last time the bulls had a chance win a title, bulls are going to contend for the next 6 7 years.

tredigs
08-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Did you just start watching basketball in 2010? :facepalm:

Says the younger, dumber fan.

I do love how the Lebron V. Blake debate has evolved into Blake V. Carter (as it should). Was Vince more impressive? Absolutely. Did Vince have ONE year of more impressive dunks than what Blake just displayed? I don't think so.

Context is King.

marj987
08-28-2011, 03:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYPhq9SQqP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FVHqOKs3cM

TheRunKiller
08-28-2011, 04:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYPhq9SQqP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FVHqOKs3cM

ok and?

beasted86
08-28-2011, 07:47 AM
Says the younger, dumber fan.

I do love how the Lebron V. Blake debate has evolved into Blake V. Carter (as it should). Was Vince more impressive? Absolutely. Did Vince have ONE year of more impressive dunks than what Blake just displayed? I don't think so.

Context is King.

Dumber? You just said Blake is the best all-time in game dunker. :facepalm:
And how do you know how old I am in comparison to yourself?

Blake Griffin has like zero 360 dunks, he might have had 1 pump dunk (though I completely doubt he had any), and he might have done maybe 2, just maybe... reverse dunks from all of the mixes I've seen. You'd be a flat out fool if you've watched any length of basketball to say Blake Griffin is the best in game dunker as there are plenty of players (aside from Vince Carter) who have included all 3 of what I just mentioned above, along with a vast array of other types of dunks (The "JR Rider", the "Minor", Rock the Craddle, etc...) all in-game.

If you think a standard windmill or tomahawk in 99% of a player's best dunks warrants G.O.A.T. status you are the young dumb fool.

Master Mind
08-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Vince's dunk over the 7 footer trumps all

MiamiWadeCounty
08-28-2011, 09:45 AM

I am not even sure if Griffin is better than Kevin Love. At this point comparing Griffin to Love is much closer than comparing Griffin to Timmy as far as legacy after one year.

effen5
08-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Jesus christ.....overrate BG more

In his second/rookie year and hes already the third best? Yeahhhhh I don't think so. :facepalm:

Lets get to the playoffs first BG.

gwrighter
08-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Lebron is a better in game dunker. I'm sure all of you have seen his eastbay in the Mcdicks All-American game.

Sadds The Gr8
08-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Lebron is a better in game dunker. I'm sure all of you have seen his eastbay in the Mcdicks All-American game.

not even close.

Sadds The Gr8
08-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Dumber? You just said Blake is the best all-time in game dunker. :facepalm:
And how do you know how old I am in comparison to yourself?

Blake Griffin has like zero 360 dunks, he might have had 1 pump dunk (though I completely doubt he had any), and he might have done maybe 2, just maybe... reverse dunks from all of the mixes I've seen. You'd be a flat out fool if you've watched any length of basketball to say Blake Griffin is the best in game dunker as there are plenty of players (aside from Vince Carter) who have included all 3 of what I just mentioned above, along with a vast array of other types of dunks (The "JR Rider", the "Minor", Rock the Craddle, etc...) all in-game.

If you think a standard windmill or tomahawk in 99% of a player's best dunks warrants G.O.A.T. status you are the young dumb fool.

uh...who cares about 360's/reverses in an NBA game? 99% of the time they're done when it's a fast break anyways. that doesn't really define "in-game dunk". To me, in-game dunks are dunking in traffic and crowning the crap outta ppl like Blake has done, dunks where OTHER PEOPLE are in the picture, thus making it an "in-game dunk". And nobody has done that like Blake. He has no regard and just throws his body in there to try and smash your head off.

beasted86
08-28-2011, 10:49 AM
uh...who cares about 360's/reverses in an NBA game? 99% of the time they're done when it's a fast break anyways. that doesn't really define "in-game dunk". To me, in-game dunks are dunking in traffic and crowning the crap outta ppl like Blake has done, dunks where OTHER PEOPLE are in the picture, thus making it an "in-game dunk". And nobody has done that like Blake. He has no regard and just throws his body in there to try and smash your head off.

Buck-o, guys like Dominique, Kemp, VC, and others have done a number of reverses and spin dunks in traffic on top of people. More importantly a lot of their dunks were created themselves and postered opponents anyway. My point is Blake's dunks are all the same either a standard tomahawk 80% of the time, then a windmill the other 19%, and the vast majority of his dunks on top of people have come off of lobs anyway... not just spinning off of somebody or crossing them up and destroying them.

You could make a case Blake Griffin is the best in game dunker of all time would be a very poor one... to adamantly declare he's the best after 1 season would be downright stupid.

effen5
08-28-2011, 11:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbbYtaolm2A

Vince doing a side windmill off of someone....Vince >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blake and its not even CLOSE

Hell Jordan dunking on Patrick Ewing is more impressive then anything Blakes done

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Buck-o, guys like Dominique, Kemp, VC, and others have done a number of reverses and spin dunks in traffic on top of people. More importantly a lot of their dunks were created themselves and postered opponents anyway. My point is Blake's dunks are all the same either a standard tomahawk 80% of the time, then a windmill the other 19%, and the vast majority of his dunks on top of people have come off of lobs anyway... not just spinning off of somebody or crossing them up and destroying them.

You could make a case Blake Griffin is the best in game dunker of all time would be a very poor one... to adamantly declare he's the best after 1 season would be downright stupid.

I agree 100 percent.. Shawn Kemp used to crown people all the time like Blake Griffin.. Most people are prisoners of the moment

effen5
08-28-2011, 12:21 PM
I agree 100 percent.. Shawn Kemp used to crown people all the time like Blake Griffin.. Most people are prisoners of the moment

Kemp was ****in nasty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPvh7jdeeo

KINGBAIZE
08-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Blake Griffin by far.....Lebron is a BORRRRIng dunker period. He does the same dunk. Close thread.

Brooklyn Mets
08-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Blake

gwrighter
08-28-2011, 12:45 PM
not even close.

no, its very close. Iv'e never seen blake pull an eastbay in a game, have you?

millerandco
08-28-2011, 12:47 PM
hands down blake

marj987
08-28-2011, 01:39 PM
LeBron basically does the same dunk over, and over, (Cocks his hand back and stuffs) and their mainly are do cause the lanes are wide open, All Blake has to do is jump and let the chips fall were they may....

Clippersfan86
08-28-2011, 01:48 PM
No Rookie PF has ever averaged 22, 12 and 3 but there have been more impressive seasons by rookie PFs throughout league history. Tim Duncan most recently. Bob Pettit and Terry Cummings are also arguable. Pettit more so than Cummings. There is no debate in terms of Duncan however he was certainly better than Blake.

Great list of names Swash. By no means am I saying he's the best rookie of all time or even the undisputed best PF rookie. I'm just saying he's right there at the top WITH these other elite rookies. I think of 3 NBA players have already said Blake has a good shot to become the GOAT PF.... it's not farfetched for me to believe the same. I honestly think IF BIG IF... he remains healthy and leads the CLIPPERS specifically to a ring or two... he's right at the top.

Even if like Malone he doesn't win a championship I say he finishes right behind Duncan and Malone assuming his stats and impact are elite. I agree Duncan was a better bigman rookie because he was such a good defender. I do think it's closer than most think though.

effen5
08-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Great list of names Swash. By no means am I saying he's the best rookie of all time or even the undisputed best PF rookie. I'm just saying he's right there at the top WITH these other elite rookies. I think of 3 NBA players have already said Blake has a good shot to become the GOAT PF.... it's not farfetched for me to believe the same. I honestly think IF BIG IF... he remains healthy and leads the CLIPPERS specifically to a ring or two... he's right at the top.

Even if like Malone he doesn't win a championship I say he finishes right behind Duncan and Malone assuming his stats and impact are elite. I agree Duncan was a better bigman rookie because he was such a good defender. I do think it's closer than most think though.

Well lets see how he improves the next couple of years....if he develops a very good inside game like duncan or can develop a lethal fadeaway like malone then we can start the talks.

Clippersfan86
08-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Well lets see how he improves the next couple of years....if he develops a very good inside game like duncan or can develop a lethal fadeaway like malone then we can start the talks.

Ignorant statement. That's like saying Shaq at his peak wasn't more dominant than Hakeem because he had less go to moves or a less versatile offensive game :facepalm:. Blake doesn't need a fadeaway to be on this tier. He was barely behind Dwight for the most points in the paint. Regardless of how many moves he has... he's getting the job done. Besides you guys act like Blake has no post moves. His spin move and up and under are downright dominant at times and he was a ROOKIE.

According to players around the league as well as reporters... Blake's game is looking much improved. His shot, defense and leadership are all looking good. Remember last offseason all he did was rehab his knee. This offseason it's been all skill work and working on his weaknesses (according to him in an ESPN interview last week). I'll say it again. Everyone doubting this beast is in for a rude awakening this coming season.

naps
08-28-2011, 03:22 PM
LeBron and BG are similar dunkers with the exception of BG dunking more often and LeBron dunking with more power. LeBron is probably the most ferocious power dunker of all time.

And anyone saying BG is already on the Vince level hasn't watched basketball in VC's raptors days for sure. Vinsanity was insane with his dunks; He is the hands down greatest dunker of all time. I cannot believe some people here are crowning BG over/on the same level of VC.

naps
08-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Double post...

Clippersfan86
08-28-2011, 03:39 PM
LeBron and BG are similar dunkers with the exception of BG dunking more often and LeBron dunking with more power. LeBron is probably the most ferocious power dunker of all time.

And anyone saying BG is already on the Vince level hasn't watched basketball in VC's raptors days for sure. Vinsanity was insane with his dunks; He is the hands down greatest dunker of all time. I cannot believe some people here are crowning BG over/on the same level of VC.

Nobody here called Blake a better dunker than Vince. Instead it was people randomly bringing Vince Carter into this to degrade Blake's dunking. Vince Carter himself said Blake is a better in game dunker than he was in his prime NO QUESTION. Read my article I posted in page 2 or 3 of this thread. Blake has ferocious dunks on a much more regular basis where as Vince's resume was built over 10+ seasons. Air Canada was never on SportsCenter THIS often.

kdspurman
08-29-2011, 10:35 AM

It's going to take a lot of luck for that to go down. He's got to have a long successful career where he will be judged on how he performs in the clutch and playoffs. Malone to this day takes heat for his numbers decreasing in the playoffs. KG is also being left out of this as well and think he should be included. I'd say let's see Blake develop a solid post game, become a better passer, and control the paint. The guy's been in the league 1 year he's got his whole career ahead of him. It's just a little too soon to assume he'll be a top 3 PF of all time if all goes well.

faze38
08-29-2011, 11:34 AM

You are out of your mind VC will destroy Blake in his prime also don't forget about the "Human Highlight" . As far as Blake and LBJ. I have to go with Blake. LBJ kind of does the same dunk over and over again Blake hits u with a bunch of diffrent ones. In all honesty I even think Rose Trumps LBJ in game dunks.