PDA

View Full Version : Build a Team Right Now: Dwight or Lebron or Durant or Rose or Griffin

JordansBulls
08-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Which of these 5 would you build a team around right now?

Age listed in the poll

juno10
08-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I'd take durant.

six
08-22-2011, 10:16 PM
It's between Rose, Lebron , And Dwight. Out of those I picked Rose. He is the youngest of the three, and also lead the Bulls to the ECF on only his third season. Plus the youngest MVP in NBA history.

Gators123
08-22-2011, 10:17 PM
1. LeBron
2. Howard
3. Durant
4. Griffin/Rose

Ebbs
08-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Still taking LeBron, than Dwight, than KD, than rose, than griff

Khalifa21
08-22-2011, 10:23 PM
The best player in the world in his prime, LeBron James.

TrueFan420
08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Dwight hands down. And i would have said the same even before lebron struggled in the finals.

Avenged
08-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Dwight will start completely dominating the league soon enough imo.

I would go with either Bron' or Dwight.

Lebron because he's done so much with very little.

Dwight because his dominance defensively and his good offensive game intrigue me - defense in the post is more intriguing to me though.

I like Rose, and has improved in every season, but I'd like to see more dominance from him first. He has a good start though for his age that's for sure.

Chacarron
08-22-2011, 11:42 PM
I'll take the only center in the league.

Clippersfan86
08-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Blake only because I feel like after Lebron he's going to rank highest of all these guys on the all time list when it's all said and done. I think Blake can finish top 10-15 all time if he stays healthy. Reason I don't take Lebron is because he's a douche, doesn't have the mentality or fire of the greats (Blake does). Lebron is also 3.5 years older.

Tony_Starks
08-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Im rollin with Dwight on that one. Great wings are a dime a dozen but a legit dominant center comes around maybe what once every 10 years or so?

THE GIPPER
08-23-2011, 12:05 AM
has to be dwight or lebron but i went with bron

Gators123
08-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Im rollin with Dwight on that one. Great wings are a dime a dozen but a legit dominant center comes around maybe what once every 10 years or so?

Guys like LeBron aren't a dime a dozen.

Tony_Starks
08-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Guys like LeBron aren't a dime a dozen.

What Im saying is great sg/sf's come around much more often than great centers. In the last 15 or so years we've seen Kobe, Pierce, Ray, TMac, Vince, AI, Wade, Melo, Bron, Durant, Rose....etc.

Compare that to dominant legit centers in that time. We've got Shaq......... Dwight. Maybe you can call Yao dominant but I wouldn't.

meloman1592
08-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Dwight...lebron a close 2nd

kingbrentg
08-23-2011, 12:26 AM
I'll take Dwight

tredigs
08-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Lebron has proven to get you the most wins with the least talent, and the most media attention (for better or worse, but you can count on a 2nd round+ playoff run and nationally televised attention on a daily basis. AKA, more money/success for the franchise). His ceiling is a top 5 player in NBA history. He's in his prime.

I'll make it easy in this fantasy draft and take the sure thing; Lebron, you're taking your talents to the Bay!

Sadds The Gr8
08-23-2011, 12:44 AM
before I'd never pick Dwight but after this season i'd definitely take him. Orlando just hasn't given him the right help.

tredigs
08-23-2011, 12:46 AM
For what it's worth - from a personal standpoint I'd want my Owner/GM to take their chances on KD or Blake Griffin. But if I'M the owner? That's where you take Lebron.

Then Dwight. And you're not exactly kicking yourself if you take Dwight (outside of Lebron, it's the easiest argument to make from a pure basketball standpoint). Rose probably comes in last here - but again, not kicking yourself.

MJ-BULLS
08-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Ill take howard.

pd1dish
08-23-2011, 12:52 AM
most dominant center and defender in the league with Dwight and thats whod i take.

LakersIn5
08-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Lebron jejejames!

Chronz
08-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Im taking Dwight, call me old school but I rather have a guy who even on his off night dominates on one end like no other player can. For his position Bron has strong defensive value as well, but he aint Dwight on that end.

Between the other 3 I need one more season to evaluate. The homer in me wants Blake, the stat guy in me wants Durant, the psychic in me thinks its a PG's league nowadays and Rose seems like he has the best combination of durability, potential and staying power

Crackadalic
08-23-2011, 03:06 AM
Dwight. Nobody can single coverage him and get not get abuse. Nobody can really stop Lebron either but there are good enough wings in this league that can slow him down. Plus a center as good as Dwight doesnt come very often.

Baller1
08-23-2011, 03:37 AM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Durant

OlivaThor
08-23-2011, 04:02 AM
1. Howard
2. KD
3. James
4. BG
5. Rose

Knicks21
08-23-2011, 04:06 AM
Rose only because of age.

naps
08-23-2011, 04:39 AM
The best on the planet who's only 26, in his prime, and is already one of the best all-round players ever.

kidinkkk
08-23-2011, 05:28 AM
lebron

MR.TRIPDUB
08-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Gotta be lebron, with proper mangement his domination will coincide with success.

SteBO
08-23-2011, 07:58 AM
I'll take LeBron, but Dwight is just as good pick here as he is depending on what you value the most. Players like LeBron don't come around often, but the same case is made for Dwight. Tough choice there.

ragee
08-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Lebron may be the best player in the league but Dwight has more impact on games... Plus, who knows, maybe after a year or two, Dwight would be better than Bron...

rapjuicer06
08-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Lebron's the best player in the league, Dwight is the most dominant/impactful player in the league. Dwight is also the easier one to build a team aroud too. You can give him the worst defenders in the league and they'll still be a top 10 defensive team. If you give Lebron the worst offensive players, they will not be a top 10 offensive team and so on and so forth.

JordansBulls
08-23-2011, 11:11 AM
You take the small over the big if he is more proven in winning.

rapjuicer06
08-23-2011, 11:37 AM
You take the small over the big if he is more proven in winning.

Lebron/Rose are no more proven than Dwight. They have won MVP's, kudo's, but they haven't won anything over Dwight. Dwight has been to the finals, Rose has not. Dwight has won 3 defensive player of the year awards in a row. Rose nor Lebron have won anything three times. Dwight could/should have been MVP this past year if his entire team didn't suck. Lebron James dominates on offense, Howard dominates on defense, and plays damn good on offense. You can't go wrong choosing James or Dwight. But Dwight is easier to build around

ManRam
08-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Griffin shouldn't even be on this poll.

1. LeBron or Dwight...it depends
2. Durant
3. Rose

25. Griffin

Da Knicks
08-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Melo for me

rapjuicer06
08-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Jokes

Chronz
08-23-2011, 12:07 PM

2. Durant
3. Rose

25. Griffin

Did somebody hack your account? Since when is a budding star big at 22 with all around skills not a cornerstone?

JordansBulls
08-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Lebron/Rose are no more proven than Dwight. They have won MVP's, kudo's, but they haven't won anything over Dwight. Dwight has been to the finals, Rose has not. Dwight has won 3 defensive player of the year awards in a row. Rose nor Lebron have won anything three times. Dwight could/should have been MVP this past year if his entire team didn't suck. Lebron James dominates on offense, Howard dominates on defense, and plays damn good on offense. You can't go wrong choosing James or Dwight. But Dwight is easier to build around

No this is my point which is why you take Dwight here unless the guys who are the smalls are more proven on the higher stage.

haggis
08-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Give me Dwight Howard.

I'll figure out who shoots FTs in the final minutes later.

sep11ie
08-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Hey JB, ever heard of a comma?

Gators123
08-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Melo for me

^ is probably serious.

GrantHustle
08-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Dwight Howard

JordansBulls
08-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Hey JB, ever heard of a comma?

coma is how we say it in Spanish.

rapjuicer06
08-23-2011, 12:46 PM
No this is my point which is why you take Dwight here unless the guys who are the smalls are more proven on the higher stage.

Ahh ok, I must have misread it. Sorry man

mttwlsn16
08-23-2011, 12:51 PM
blake easy

njnets
08-23-2011, 01:03 PM
dwight by a little just because a center of his caliber is so rare nowadays. not saying players in the league match up to these other guys easily, but finding a good guard or forward is alot easier than finding a center as dominant as howard.

avon_barksdale
08-23-2011, 01:07 PM
1 howard
2 james
3 griffin
4 rose
5 durant

rapjuicer06
08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
A better question would be, what secondary star would compliment the top 10 stars the best

Howard/James/Wade/Dirk/Paul/Williams/Rose/Melo/Kobe/Durant

JordansBulls
08-23-2011, 01:28 PM
A better question would be, what secondary star would compliment the top 10 stars the best

You can start that topic.

rapjuicer06
08-23-2011, 02:01 PM
You can start that topic.

You're much better at that than I am. I ramble when I start a thread. If you wanted to start that, that'd be very interesting topic for people to talk about

Raph12
08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
1. Dwight
2. Lebron
3. Blake
4. Durant
5. Rose

Fresno
08-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Very hard to believe anyone would take Dwight considering his overall inability to round out his low post game. Hes dominant to an extent, but still hasnt shown he can carry a team on his back when it matters. If he was a better passer and had a higher basketball IQ I'd definetly want him on my team, but if I'm building a team I'd badly need an Elite PG to get him the ball.

On the other hand. This was easy, LeBron James. Say whatever you want about his 4th Quarter NBA Finals performance last season but he is by far the best player in the league and has proven he can lead a team with marginal talent around him. Then he proved he can be dominant with good talent around him. Even though Wade's game doesnt compliment his, you can pretty much put anyone around LeBron and they'll win 50+ games.

Fresno
08-23-2011, 04:16 PM

& What exactly has Dwight proven on a "big stage"?

We can go back and forth and your only argument against LeBron will revolve around Game 6 of the 2011 NBA Finals. Neither guy has a Championship ring, and both have been to the Finals once carrying a team on their back.

Dwight is the best Center in the NBA. However, he has not proven to be a dominant performer when the games matter. When the Magic went to the Finals there were stretches where he couldnt do anything on offense because the Lakers mastered putting a zone around once he had his back to the basket.

Hes no Shaq, hes no Kareem, & hes no Hakeem.

Dwight is more in the vein of Alonzo Mourning. "Great" Centers are hard to find no doubt, but some Center's are only so great.

Tony_Starks
08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
& What exactly has Dwight proven on a "big stage"?

We can go back and forth and your only argument against LeBron will revolve around Game 6 of the 2011 NBA Finals. Neither guy has a Championship ring, and both have been to the Finals once carrying a team on their back.

Dwight is the best Center in the NBA. However, he has not proven to be a dominant performer when the games matter. When the Magic went to the Finals there were stretches where he couldnt do anything on offense because the Lakers mastered putting a zone around once he had his back to the basket.

Hes no Shaq, hes no Kareem, & hes no Hakeem.

Dwight is more in the vein of Alonzo Mourning. "Great" Centers are hard to find no doubt, but some Center's are only so great.

Wait a sec what about the other NBA finals when Bron got swept? What about the year before when he gave up against Boston in the semis? Lebron is a great player but he has a few choke jobs on his resume. I've never saw a Dwight Howard game where I could question his will or intensity. His intelligence yes, but not his will.

MarkieMark48
08-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Very hard to believe anyone would take Dwight considering his overall inability to round out his low post game. Hes dominant to an extent, but still hasnt shown he can carry a team on his back when it matters. If he was a better passer and had a higher basketball IQ I'd definetly want him on my team, but if I'm building a team I'd badly need an Elite PG to get him the ball.

On the other hand. This was easy, LeBron James. Say whatever you want about his 4th Quarter NBA Finals performance last season but he is by far the best player in the league and has proven he can lead a team with marginal talent around him. Then he proved he can be dominant with good talent around him. Even though Wade's game doesnt compliment his, you can pretty much put anyone around LeBron and they'll win 50+ games.

this:clap:

THE GIPPER
08-23-2011, 04:29 PM
2. Durant
3. Rose

25. Griffin

Are you joking? There was already a thread about blake vs rose over who you would rather start a franchise with and most people chose blake.

Fresno
08-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Dwight Howard: Russell Westbrook (Dwight doesnt need a pass first PG, just a slasher/scorer in crunch time)

LeBron James: Chris Bosh (Work great together already and Bosh is great with spacing)

Dwyane Wade: Amare Stoudemire (Amare is everything they hoped Beasley would've been in terms of a reliable scoring Forward)

Kobe Bryant: Pau Gasol (2x NBA Champions)

Chris Paul: Blake Griffin (CP3 can make a guy like Griffin better, and by "better" I mean look MVP caliber)

Dirk Nowitzki: Joe Johnson (Johnson knows to get out of the way in the 4th but still finish with 20/5/5)

Deron Williams: Carlos Boozer (Their chemistry makes both better players, both play a slow game)

Carmelo Anthony: Andre Iguodala (Melo just scores so he needs a secondary ballhandler who can play good defense)

Derrick Rose: Kevin Martin (Rose playing his game while freeing up space for Martin to shoot would be devasting to any defensive scheme)

Kevin Durant: Rajon Rondo (Rondo is a pass first/floor general who has the understanding to let Durant score)

Kings Analyst
08-23-2011, 04:42 PM
1. Dwight Howard
2. LeBron James
3. Derrick Rose
4. Blake Griffin
5. Kevin Durant

ddhulett
08-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Dwight!!!!!!!!!

I can find a poor mans Rose or Durant but I can't find anything close to what Dwight will give me.

THE GIPPER
08-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Dwight Howard: Russell Westbrook (Dwight doesnt need a pass first PG, just a slasher/scorer in crunch time)

LeBron James: Chris Bosh (Work great together already and Bosh is great with spacing)

Dwyane Wade: Amare Stoudemire (Amare is everything they hoped Beasley would've been in terms of a reliable scoring Forward)

Kobe Bryant: Pau Gasol (2x NBA Champions)

Chris Paul: Blake Griffin (CP3 can make a guy like Griffin better, and by "better" I mean look MVP caliber)

Dirk Nowitzki: Joe Johnson (Johnson knows to get out of the way in the 4th but still finish with 20/5/5)

Deron Williams: Carlos Boozer (Their chemistry makes both better players, both play a slow game)

Carmelo Anthony: Andre Iguodala (Melo just scores so he needs a secondary ballhandler who can play good defense)

Derrick Rose: Kevin Martin (Rose playing his game while freeing up space for Martin to shoot would be devasting to any defensive scheme)

Kevin Durant: Rajon Rondo (Rondo is a pass first/floor general who has the understanding to let Durant score)

They play the same position

Youmad?
08-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Give me griffin he's a great player and is only gonna get better in 1-2 years he can be the best in the league!
Then give me durant young and is a great scorer and can and will get better
Dwight after(nuff said)
Then Lebron
Then rose

Fresno
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Wait a sec what about the other NBA finals when Bron got swept?

Wait, we're talking about a 23 year old. Am I right? Facing against one of the best franchises of the past decade.

Im not big on excuses, but its like knocking Jordan for his struggles to get through the Eastern Conference in his first few seasons. It was bound to happen, just didnt have the quality team/coach around him. That happens sometimes.

What about the year before when he gave up against Boston in the semis? Lebron is a great player but he has a few choke jobs on his resume.
Yeah that same game he finished with 27/19/9. Who else stepped up in those games? I have a hard time calling someone a "choker" when they're carrying 4 other guys on the court constantly. What happened to those guys btw?

That & I repeat That whole situation is why he pussied out and joined up with Dwyane Wade.

LeBron's "choke jobs" are predicated in the 2011 NBA Finals where he lost whatever swagger/confidence he would have each night walking into the arena. Then somehow regained that swagger/confidence in his post game press conferences. :laugh:

I've never saw a Dwight Howard game where I could question his will or intensity. His intelligence yes, but not his will.

2009 NBA Finals Game 1, 3, & 5.

What happened to him in the 4th quarter of each game is the reason why he began working out with Hakeem & also fixing his "fun" demeanor on the court. Now you can see him establish himself as an overall team leader and up his intensity by demanding the ball & getting into the face of teammates. You're forgetting there was a point too where he wasnt asserting himself on offense as the dominant force he showed glimpses of every few games.

Now, as of last season we're seeing signs of an assertive Dwight, but not entirely dominant. Which is a big reason why hes now considered no lower than the 3rd best player in the league and 38 people claim they would build their franchise around him.

Im still not sold yet on him being the #1 Franchise cornerstone in the league espescially if he cant elevate that talent level around him. They may not be that "good" but that supporting cast and their offense is built through the inside-out and each player compliments him.

ManningToTyree
08-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Dwight because he is one of a kind right now. There are other stars at sf, pg and pf, but only one great center

unleashthebeast
08-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Dwight or lebron, i didd eeny meeny miny mo between the 2 of them and got dwight so i voted for him haha

Fresno
08-23-2011, 05:01 PM
They play the same position
Obviously, Iggy would be at SG. Hes played the position previously, although he works best at SF in Philly because their only "shooters" who can spread the floor are Meeks and Williams who each play SG for stretches of games.

The reason for Iggy being at SG is solely because of Melo being on the court. Iggy's role would be to make up for Melo's lack of distribution, lack of slashing, & lack of a consistent defensive effort on the perimeter.

There isnt any 1 player who compliments Melo more than a guy like that. Melo's game revolves around himself as a scorer. He doesnt make anyone better having played with him, but hes the guy who keeps your team in the game much like Dirk has been doing. So for Melo to be successful, he just needs quality role players around him doing the work he cant do.

Ideal team to build around Melo:
Center- A good defensive post anchor or space eater. NY will add a guy like that eventually.

Power Forward- Anyone. It could be a hustle guy with limited offense or a scoring Forward like Amare/Dirk. Melo's role as a scoring SF doesnt effect this position at all.

Shooting Guard- A defensive-minded, SG to serve as a secondary ballhandler. Every team needs a secondary playmaker on the court, this team espescially because Melo cant do it. Did I mention defense? Thats where Iggy comes in.

Point Guard- Floor general who brings the ball up the court & can spot up for 3's.

Chronz
08-23-2011, 05:04 PM
What proof does anyone have that Bron quit? Its about as baseless as people saying Kobe quit vs Phx.

Bron didnt quit, he had a troublesome elbow that effected him whenever he didnt get a chance to rest it.

Chronz
08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Obviously, Iggy would be at SG. Hes played the position previously, although he works best at SF in Philly because their only "shooters" who can spread the floor are Meeks and Williams who each play SG for stretches of games.

The reason for Iggy being at SG is solely because of Melo being on the court. Iggy's role would be to make up for Melo's lack of distribution, lack of slashing, & lack of a consistent defensive effort on the perimeter.

There isnt any 1 player who compliments Melo more than a guy like that. Melo's game revolves around himself as a scorer. He doesnt make anyone better having played with him, but hes the guy who keeps your team in the game much like Dirk has been doing. So for Melo to be successful, he just needs quality role players around him doing the work he cant do.

Ideal team to build around Melo:
Center- A good defensive post anchor or space eater. NY will add a guy like that eventually.

Power Forward- Anyone. It could be a hustle guy with limited offense or a scoring Forward like Amare/Dirk. Melo's role as a scoring SF doesnt effect this position at all.

Shooting Guard- A defensive-minded, SG to serve as a secondary ballhandler. Every team needs a secondary playmaker on the court, this team espescially because Melo cant do it. Did I mention defense? Thats where Iggy comes in.

Point Guard- Floor general who brings the ball up the court & can spot up for 3's.

Well said, I think you add Iggy to the Knicks and give them a Tyson Chandler type (DeAndre Jordan perhaps) and they can win it all

Fresno
08-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Dwight!!!!!!!!!

I can find a poor mans Rose or Durant but I can't find anything close to what Dwight will give me.

A poor mans Dwight Howard is DeAndre Jordan.

Essentially the same player, except for the minor, inconvenient fact everything Dwight does is 2x better than what DeAndre does.

Actually everything about Dwight is 2x more than Jordan. 2x athletic, 2x stronger, 2x smarter, 2x funnier, & gets 2x more attention from Adidas.

Dwight probably has 2x more hoes, has 2x bigger :speechless:, has 2x more women in his bed, and busts 2x more than DeAndre because he has 2x more threesomes.

Bravo95
08-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Howard.

BranWingss
08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwight Howard
4. Derrick Rose
5. Blake Griffin

LeBron's the best player, and I just had to go with him. I still think he can keep this up, and be the best player for years. Kevin Durant over Howard due to age. I think Howard will be a bit better in the next few years, but I don't think KD will be too far behind. Age for me here. Rose just won MVP, and is more proven than BG. I think BG does more than Rose, but the seasons they're both coming off, age the same, had to go with DR.

Fresno
08-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Well said, I think you add Iggy to the Knicks and give them a Tyson Chandler type (DeAndre Jordan perhaps) and they can win it all

As crazy as it sounds, I believe they've found that "Iggy-like" role player in Shumpert. I thought it was a steal they landed him. Offers each of those dimensions needed to that Knicks team, just needs to get stronger & gain more experience.

But you're 100% right, they are still a Center away. It still amazes me they passed on buying Jeremy Tyler's rights in Round 2.

naps
08-23-2011, 06:06 PM
LeBron James

Dwight Howard

Blake Griffin
Durant
Rose

Tony_Starks
08-23-2011, 06:12 PM
What proof does anyone have that Bron quit? Its about as baseless as people saying Kobe quit vs Phx.

Bron didnt quit, he had a troublesome elbow that effected him whenever he didnt get a chance to rest it.

Did you really just ask what proof? You mean besides the footage? Besides walking around looking disinterested instead of his usual enrgetic self? Besides not even attempting to drive to the hole and basically just hanging out on the perimeter and being a spectator?

Besides that Im not sure what proof there is. As far as the injuries give me a break he played so as soon as you step on the court there's no excuses.

But on a more important note why do people feel the need to defend his chokes? He froze up on team USA as well when they got the bronze. But at the end of the day its part of his maturation as a player and when he finally does get it done it will make it that much sweeter......

Chronz
08-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Did you really just ask what proof? You mean besides the footage?
If theres footage of it please show me, I didnt see that at all.

Besides walking around looking disinterested instead of his usual enrgetic self? Besides not even attempting to drive to the hole and basically just hanging out on the perimeter and being a spectator?

So basically the same BS people were saying about Kobe against PHX? Forgive me if I dont buy into your Dr. Phil impersonation, anyone who thinks they can tell what gos on inside a players head from a TV screen is reaching, he was doing the best he could with what he had.

Besides that Im not sure what proof there is.
Apparently none.

As far as the injuries give me a break he played so as soon as you step on the court there's no excuses.
LOL when you start dealing with absolutes I stop caring about your opinion. How you hold up physically matters and from what Ive heard, Bron was icing that elbow for months even after the Decision. That it was so bad that had it been the regular season he would have sat out, that he could barely support a basketball or extend it fully at times, its easy to see how not having the full range of your shooting mechanics can effect your play/handle, particularly when freelancing and all the objective evidence supports this, when the elbow was given time to rest he played spectacularly, when the games were closely spread apart his shooting suffered to the point where he was 10-43 outside 2FT in those games, and his ability to handle the ball was hindered (Turnovers were insane in those closely played games and microscopic with rest).

But on a more important note why do people feel the need to defend his chokes? He froze up on team USA as well when they got the bronze. But at the end of the day its part of his maturation as a player and when he finally does get it done it will make it that much sweeter......

LOL when he finally does gets it done, not a damn thing would have changed about him mentally.

Bishnoff
08-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Dwight. Good C's (and ones who remain healthy) are so hard to come by nowadays and with the right players around him the team would be almost unbeatable.

Tony_Starks
08-24-2011, 12:53 AM
If theres footage of it please show me, I didnt see that at all.

So basically the same BS people were saying about Kobe against PHX? Forgive me if I dont buy into your Dr. Phil impersonation, anyone who thinks they can tell what gos on inside a players head from a TV screen is reaching, he was doing the best he could with what he had.

Apparently none.

LOL when you start dealing with absolutes I stop caring about your opinion. How you hold up physically matters and from what Ive heard, Bron was icing that elbow for months even after the Decision. That it was so bad that had it been the regular season he would have sat out, that he could barely support a basketball or extend it fully at times, its easy to see how not having the full range of your shooting mechanics can effect your play/handle, particularly when freelancing and all the objective evidence supports this, when the elbow was given time to rest he played spectacularly, when the games were closely spread apart his shooting suffered to the point where he was 10-43 outside 2FT in those games, and his ability to handle the ball was hindered (Turnovers were insane in those closely played games and microscopic with rest).

LOL when he finally does gets it done, not a damn thing would have changed about him mentally.

I keep forgetting you're a stat guy so maybe I should just keep it simple. Game 5, 2010 Lebron makes 3 shots the entire game. Doesn't make his first shot until about mid-way through the third quarter (his first points came on a two hand throw down dunk btw so apparently there was still SOME mobility in the elbow or he was doped up pretty good). Takes off sleeve on elbow in the 4th. Has absolutely no impact on the most pivotal game of the series (similar to his performance in game 4 this year btw). They get pulverized and eventually lose a series in which they were up 2-1. The end.

I'll give it to you though man you're a staunch advocate for the fellow though. Let you tell it he probably didn't choke in the finals this year either right? He was healthy on that one.

Its cool though bruh, I'll leave you to your opinion.

It may be noteworthy though that Kobe Bryant played game 7 against Boston with a sprained finger and a freshly drained knee that would require off season surgey. He had a horrendous shooting night but still managed to grab boards, get to the line in the 4th, and hit Ron Ron for the go ahead 3 for the win. So apparently you can be hurt and shoot bad and still impact the game.....

JordansBulls
08-24-2011, 05:12 PM
blake easy

What???

JordansBulls
08-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Give me griffin he's a great player and is only gonna get better in 1-2 years he can be the best in the league!
Then give me durant young and is a great scorer and can and will get better
Dwight after(nuff said)
Then Lebron
Then rose

Griffin is the same age as Rose and Durant and hasn't done anything.

rapjuicer06
08-25-2011, 09:01 AM

In all fairness, Durant and Rose do have a lot more around them

MTar786
08-25-2011, 09:23 AM
1.lebron
2.dwight
3.durant
4.griffin
5.rose

DwayneMVPwade
08-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Lebron or Dwight

mjm07
08-25-2011, 10:23 AM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight

If none existed.

3. Durant

mavwar53
08-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Still taking LeBron, than Dwight, than KD, than rose, than griff

haha sad to know that people that spell like this actually went to school

THE GIPPER
08-25-2011, 10:49 AM

:facepalm:

JordansBulls
08-25-2011, 11:29 AM
:facepalm:

What has he done? He hasn't even made the playoffs yet.

Gators123
08-25-2011, 12:10 PM

I agree, he didn't take his WC team to the playoffs in his rookie season, what a scrub!

Denverbronco007
08-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Dwight Howard
Lebron
Griffen
Rose
Durant

Lebron can't be number one after the finals performance. Give Dwight Bosh and Wade and they might break the Bulls single season win total.

THE GIPPER
08-25-2011, 01:28 PM

What has he done?? He had one of the best rookie seasons in the history of the nba. His rookie accomlishments absolutely demolish rose's and anyone else being talked about in this thread for that matter. And please, please dont say "Drose lead his team to the playoffs as a rookie. Did griffin do that?". because if the bulls were in the west, they wouldnt have been even close to the playoffs that year.

23dragonzord
08-25-2011, 01:40 PM
What has he done?? He had one of the best rookie seasons in the history of the nba. His rookie accomlishments absolutely demolish rose's and anyone else being talked about in this thread for that matter. And please, please dont say "Drose lead his team to the playoffs as a rookie. Did griffin do that?". because if the bulls were in the west, they wouldnt have been even close to the playoffs that year.

Still won 41 games with the same coach as Blake

JordansBulls
08-25-2011, 02:36 PM

He had a 21.9 PER and less than 10 WS. where does that constitute one of the greatest rookie seasons all time?

AIRMAR72
08-25-2011, 02:54 PM
my pick is BRON the best SF with the total pkg since scottie pippen players(teammates) stats and the win column would be looking when u have A player like bron on ANY team

THE GIPPER
08-25-2011, 08:08 PM
He had a 21.9 PER and less than 10 WS. where does that constitute one of the greatest rookie seasons all time?

:confused:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=duncati01&y1=1998&p2=griffbl01&y2=2011&p3=nowitdi01&y3=1999&p4=malonka01&y4=1986&p5=barklch01&y5=1985&p6=garneke01&y6=1996

That link compares blake's rookie year to the rookie years of the best pf's ever (duncan, KG, barkley, malone and dirk). The only guy that even comes close is duncan and he played with a HOFer and was able to learn from him right from the start.

EDIT: Also, duncan was MUCH more experienced playing 4 years of college while blake only played 1 year and still had nearly an identical season statistically to duncans rookie year.

alencp3
08-25-2011, 08:18 PM
griffin only 7 votes lol

JordansBulls
08-26-2011, 08:03 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=duncati01&y1=1998&p2=griffbl01&y2=2011&p3=nowitdi01&y3=1999&p4=malonka01&y4=1986&p5=barklch01&y5=1985&p6=garneke01&y6=1996

That link compares blake's rookie year to the rookie years of the best pf's ever (duncan, KG, barkley, malone and dirk). The only guy that even comes close is duncan and he played with a HOFer and was able to learn from him right from the start.

EDIT: Also, duncan was MUCH more experienced playing 4 years of college while blake only played 1 year and still had nearly an identical season statistically to duncans rookie year.

Must have misread your comment. You were comparing him to just PF's, I thought you meant all players as rookies.

tredigs
08-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Must have misread your comment. You were comparing him to just PF's, I thought you meant all players as rookies.

Ohhhh... in which case, clearly your original point that "he has done nothing yet" still rings true.

JB, this is a future projection thread. And you need a better eye for talent. Your consistent hate of Blake Griffin is a funny one that you are going to feel pretty damn foolish about 2 years from now.

KnicksorBust
08-26-2011, 10:36 AM

None of them entered the league with the same combination of scoring, rebounding, and passing as Blake. It really makes you wonder what his ceiling is. I just wish defensively he was more of a shotblocker. Then he'd be the total package. With his size and athleticism you'd think it would be a natural thing.

rapjuicer06
08-26-2011, 10:55 AM
None of them entered the league with the same combination of scoring, rebounding, and passing as Blake. It really makes you wonder what his ceiling is. I just wish defensively he was more of a shotblocker. Then he'd be the total package. With his size and athleticism you'd think it would be a natural thing.

Shot blocking has more to do with timing than with athleticism (although that doesn't hurt). Either you have the ability to time when to jump or you don't. Mutombo was not athletic by any means of the word, but was a good shot blocker.

THE GIPPER
08-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Shot blocking has more to do with timing than with athleticism (although that doesn't hurt). Either you have the ability to time when to jump or you don't. Mutombo was not athletic by any means of the word, but was a good shot blocker.

Also blake isnt nearly as long (arms and height) as timmy and KG so his timing has to be even better.

rapjuicer06
08-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Also blake isnt nearly as long (arms and height) as timmy and KG so his timing has to be even better.

Very true

KnicksorBust
08-26-2011, 11:02 AM

I agree. Alonzo Mourning said it's all timing and that jumping isn't even important. It's just the one aspect of Griffin's game that is missing. He's already a better 1 on 1 defender than people realize but if he could make an impact on help defense he'd be the complete package.

rapjuicer06
08-26-2011, 11:05 AM
I agree. Alonzo Mourning said it's all timing and that jumping isn't even important. It's just the one aspect of Griffin's game that is missing. He's already a better 1 on 1 defender than people realize but if he could make an impact on help defense he'd be the complete package.

If he develops that, then it'd be so unfair for the league. He'd easily be the best player in the league

tredigs
08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
In fairness to Blake's detractors, it isn't all about timing. He just doesn't try to block shots. It was frustrating as hell to watch Clippers games KNOWING he could shift weakside and send the slashing PG 20 rows deep - but instead he just hangs back and doesn't risk the potential foul or extra effort. His shorter arms relative to those guys you mention don't help, but we're talking about a guy who can hit his elbow on the rim with ease, he has the capability to do far more on that end than he does.

We'll see if he embraces it. By far the biggest hole in his game last year.

rapjuicer06
08-26-2011, 12:54 PM
In fairness to Blake's detractors, it isn't all about timing. He just doesn't try to block shots. It was frustrating as hell to watch Clippers games KNOWING he could shift weakside and send the slashing PG 20 rows deep - but instead he just hangs back and doesn't risk the potential foul or extra effort. His shorter arms relative to those guys you mention don't help, but we're talking about a guy who can hit his elbow on the rim with ease, he has the capability to do far more on that end than he does.

We'll see if he embraces it. By far the biggest hole in his game last year.

It may not all be about timing, but I'd say a vast majority of it is