PDA

View Full Version : Luke Walton hired as an assistant coach for the University of Memphis.

LakersMaster24
08-22-2011, 07:45 PM
http://****************/2011/08/luke-walton-hired-as-assistant-coach/

I was hoping he is gone for good...but no.

However, it appears that Walton’s bench time has gained him a spot on another bench, as it has been reported that Walton will work as an assistant under John Pastner at the University of Memphis, according to the Washington Post:
Pastner announced the hiring Monday in a move that must be approved by university and Tennessee State Board of Regents. But the coach says the Tigers can learn a lot from Walton who has been coached by Phil Jackson and played with Kobe Bryant.
Walton’s deal with Memphis is structured in a way that if the NBA lockout ends at any point during Memphis’ season, he is allowed to walk and return to the Lakers. Walton, 31, currently has two years and almost $12 millon remaining on a six-year deal that he signed in 2007.

Chacarron
08-22-2011, 08:00 PM
He is going to teach those kids the fine ways of outperforming and getting paid.

LakersMaster24
08-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Teach them some "High IQ" basketball...

Dodgers_KiD
08-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Sitting on the bench 101

Tymathee
08-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Great oppurtunity for Luke. He's learned from some of the best, (phil and bill) I hope he stays, more chance for him there than trying to play for the lakers

LakersMaster24
08-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Great oppurtunity for Luke. He's learned from some of the best, (phil and bill) I hope he stays, more chance for him there than trying to play for the lakers

I pray he stays so that his horrible contract gets somehow terminated.

Lil Boy Blue
08-22-2011, 10:11 PM
they'll probably b the one coaching him!!!!!!!!! lol

midwestlaker75
08-22-2011, 11:38 PM
I always felt that Luke would be an excellent coach, No doubt he knows the game. It's just that the mental doesn't translate into the physical. We can only hope that he loves it so much that he retires and decides to do it full time.

KillaInstinct24
08-23-2011, 01:44 AM
hey...no cracks about my school lol. i like our head coach though. walton was always better suited in a..er..suit on the sidelines anyway

LosDoyers1
08-23-2011, 04:46 AM
Teach them some "High IQ" basketball...

:laugh: If he has a new gig, he should give back the money on his salary. We don't need him or want him collecting dough on the bench.

Tymathee
08-23-2011, 10:05 AM
hey, if luke was truly healthy all this time he'd have been a huge asset cuz unlike ron artest he used to hit that corner shot with regularity and he could rebound and pass and plays pretty good defense on SF's and even some PF's

DisBeAliG
08-23-2011, 01:33 PM
hey, if luke was truly healthy all this time he'd have been a huge asset cuz unlike ron artest he used to hit that corner shot with regularity and he could rebound and pass and plays pretty good defense on SF's and even some PF's

baahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. this is one of the funniest things I've ever read. honestly bro, I was having a crappy day but reading this hilarity cheered me up. and Ty, I'm not trying to crack on you or start anything (especially as a fellow Iggle fan) but that was some funny stuff man!

Hellcrooner
08-23-2011, 01:50 PM
baahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. this is one of the funniest things I've ever read. honestly bro, I was having a crappy day but reading this hilarity cheered me up. and Ty, I'm not trying to crack on you or start anything (especially as a fellow Iggle fan) but that was some funny stuff man!

he is true, when he was healthy he had value to the team.

DisBeAliG
08-23-2011, 02:09 PM
he is true, when he was healthy he had value to the team.

the only year Luke contributed anything positive to this team was his contract year.

KillaInstinct24
08-23-2011, 03:55 PM

:rolleyes:

Green Storm
08-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I can already see where this is going. When Luke's contract is done we will sign him to another but to be a coach. We just can't get rid of the douche.

LakersMaster24
08-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I can already see where this is going. When Luke's contract is done we will sign him to another but to be a coach. We just can't get rid of the douche.

Watch us sign him to like a 8year 500million dollar contract.

Iceman_9
08-23-2011, 11:08 PM
tell luke to stay in memphis for good.

Jewelz0376
08-24-2011, 12:12 AM
hopefully he decides he likes coaching so much he decides to coach full time and retires

lakersrock
08-24-2011, 09:47 AM
You guys are ridiculous.

Yes, he's overpaid, but before his body broke down, he was an excellent player off the bench.

He could hit the corner 3, defend three positions well, he was an excellent passer, he could drive some and he used smarts to beat the other players.

I don't get the hate for the guy. I think he'll be an excellent coach and will no doubt be a HC in college and maybe the NBA someday.

handle
08-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Well... let's just hope he likes it so much that he retires.

handle
08-24-2011, 12:06 PM
You guys are ridiculous.

Yes, he's overpaid, but before his body broke down, he was an excellent player off the bench.

He could hit the corner 3, defend three positions well, he was an excellent passer, he could drive some and he used smarts to beat the other players.

I don't get the hate for the guy. I think he'll be an excellent coach and will no doubt be a HC in college and maybe the NBA someday.

Mitch?

Avenged
08-24-2011, 12:08 PM
You guys are ridiculous.

Yeah, he use to be okay, at least tolerable.

But now all the hostility towards him comes from the amount of money he's making.

LakersMaster24
08-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Mitch?

:laugh:

Angelus™
08-24-2011, 06:46 PM
One can only hope he stays there