PDA

View Full Version : First NBA 2k12 trailer with RUN TMC in it

asandhu23
08-22-2011, 07:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHnCZsD9txU&feature=player_embedded

:clap:

asandhu23
08-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Dell Curry is in it as well . Vintage T Mac. Pete Maravich. 2002 Kings...

likemystylez
08-23-2011, 12:31 AM
it looks like 2k12 is gonna find a way to top 2k11. I didn't think it was possible, but it looks amazing. Jerry West in his prime with Elgin Baylor. The early 80s lakers with Kurt Rambis and Jamaul Wilkes. (Btw- wilkes face looks almost identical to anthony randolph in real life)

The one down side is going to be that rookies wont be signed so I dont know if they can legaly add them to the game.

If only EA didnt secure the licensing rights to NFL games. Could you imagine a game that is so much better than madden that it forces madden to stop trying?

asandhu23
08-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Madden is the same **** every single year. Only thing they do is update the rosters and improve the gameplay slightly. maybe even work with graphics. There are no drastic changes.

I have been waiting to see new stuff added to the custom stadium stuff but for like the last 3 years its the same exact thing.

likemystylez
08-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah- I reserved 2k12. its gonna be as much of a hit as 2k11 no doubt.

When you play the teams from the 60s, the game is in a sketchy black and white broadcast as if you were watching it live on tv. The sideline tables are old school, with no monitors and the commentary has all kinds of static in it. They go a step farther than short shorts and old school dr. J's and converse all stars.

If they are putting this much detail into the NBA games, 2k should start making college hoops again with this amount of effort.

EA on the other hand has managed to give it's fans that authentic feeling of a lock out.... with another no show on the basketball video game scene.

likemystylez
08-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Madden is the same **** every single year. Only thing they do is update the rosters and improve the gameplay slightly. maybe even work with graphics. There are no drastic changes.

I have been waiting to see new stuff added to the custom stadium stuff but for like the last 3 years its the same exact thing.

It's unfortunate, a lot of people will continue to buy madden simply because its the only football game on the market. EA has no danger of losing marketshare in football, and I think the lack of competition has resulted in no motivation to be innovative.

Personally, I think 2k could probably make a college football game that would be so good that it could hurt maddens sales as a pro football game.

asandhu23
08-26-2011, 08:10 PM
I like NCAA football's Pump Up The Crowd feature. Sadly the college career is too small...

I miss the old college basketball game where you could create a school from scratch with custom jerseys and custom court and use it in head coach mode.

COOLbeans
08-26-2011, 08:28 PM
I like NCAA football's Pump Up The Crowd feature. Sadly the college career is too small...

I miss the old college basketball game where you could create a school from scratch with custom jerseys and custom court and use it in head coach mode.

haha is dnewguy is that one guy in the nba forum..that gif is hilarious.

MackShock
08-26-2011, 08:31 PM
the madden series, as with all games..release a different gameplay technique every year, thats how they get you to keep buying it..i almost promise you, the isomotion that came out a few years back, has been done developing for years before that

MackShock
08-26-2011, 08:33 PM
i wonder how many people actually even like playing with historic teams

asandhu23
08-26-2011, 08:35 PM

in nba 2k11 I didn't. I wanted to create my own All Time Roster with the classic teams but they removed it. NBA 2k10 definitely.

bigmac8675
08-26-2011, 10:22 PM
WIcked awesome... didn't think they could top 2k11, but looks like they may have!

likemystylez
08-27-2011, 12:10 AM

Yknow- I thought the Jordan challenge was cool, and I fooled around with it maybe 10 or 15 times.... but mainly because 2k11 was overwelmingly cool in all modes with the exception of my player... which I thought was too drawn out..... but some cool concepts introduced (controlling a single player in a 5 on 5 game is pretty cool). I follow the NBA every single day, so I really needed to get the living roster going and play the rosters that I read about every day or see on sports center.

I think the historic teams is just a feature that 2k has to expand their customers beyond hardcore nba fans (pretty much all the people on this board). I mean- think about how many non basketball lovers bought 2k11 JUST to be able to play Jordan VS the bad boy pistons or to see the Jordan shrug vs the blazers. To put it another way- adding to the authenticity of the historic teams, historic nba, and the actual players is only going to make playing these games from the past more interesting. While most sports games over the years have been viewed mainly as roster updates with a few tweaks (new way to call plays, turbo buttons, iso motion improvements, 3 team trading etc.)... 2k has added features that are a lot different than roster upgrades... as they have to with the living roster and other DLC.

Given the situation the nba is currently in.... facing the possability of losing an entire season.... I think there couldnt be a better time for the legendary teams to attract attention. I mean its not like there are any blockbuster deals going on this summer that send lebron james to the heat. Theres nothing happening in the real nba... so why not get excited to play with Dr J mo cheeks and moses malone against the celtics in 1986?

while ultimately the association mode is where I will spend most of my time, a lot of the historic features have me excited in general to the games attention to detail that will show up in all modes of the game.

MackShock
08-27-2011, 01:33 AM
well, i dont see why it would be logical to release a game if their isnt going to be an NBA season. As the very least, people will play with the current rosters and such, but the living rosters wont be updating (even though it wont need to). I still understand the release, however it is a little redundant to be releasing 2k12, with no 11-12 season.

asandhu23
08-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Don Nelson as a player is available in nba 2k12. They confirmed his as a member of 64-65 Lakers... Don't know about him as a Celtic though.

likemystylez
08-29-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/games/793/nba-2k12/

I thought I would post this site for my fellow PSD members who are waiting with bated breath for october 4th 2011.... It actually has some cool updates, but they all kinda start to sound the same. LOL luckily im lking what im hearing so I continue to read :confused:

likemystylez
08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
This is a bit off subject... well not really... its still video games.

Did anybody happen to pick up Madden 12 today? If so how was it.... is it worth running out to get before the NFL season starts? All the reviews that Ive read are saying that its the same game as last year (and really the last 3 or 4 yrs). I usually wait till november or so to pick up madden.

There use to be a girl at my work whos husband worked for EA as a software engineer, so she would just pass madden around the office to the 5 or 6 people who were into it, but her and her husband moved to Orlando last spring. I told her the last 3 years that nba 2k was way better than Live..... and last year.... LOL her husband finally agreed with me.

likemystylez
09-01-2011, 12:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88NkqIvdc4

The newest video of 2k11. It shows off the animation on the greatest modes and the regular season. It also shows the presantation difference from the 60s, 80s, 90s, and presant with the coloring of the picture.

Its quite impressive, my personal favorite is at 1:41 where you see the magic dish to james worthy on the break. It's beautiful!! They still dont have the warriors blue quite right, but what are ya gonna do.

asandhu23
09-01-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88NkqIvdc4

The newest video of 2k11. It shows off the animation on the greatest modes and the regular season. It also shows the presantation difference from the 60s, 80s, 90s, and presant with the coloring of the picture.

Its quite impressive, my personal favorite is at 1:41 where you see the magic dish to james worthy on the break. It's beautiful!! They still dont have the warriors blue quite right, but what are ya gonna do.

2k12