PDA

View Full Version : Thunder's Kevin Durant working on deal to star in film

PC
08-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Thunder's Kevin Durant working on deal to star in film

The Oklahoma City Thunder star is on the verge of finalizing a deal to star in a major Warner Bros. film, The Oklahoman has learned.

The film, which has a basketball subplot, has not yet been named, but it's scheduled to go into production in mid-September, according to sources.

Filming location for the feature-length picture has been narrowed to Oklahoma City and Baton Rouge, La.

Neither Durant nor his representatives could be reached for comment.

The film, however, will mark the biggest off-the-court venture Durant has undertaken in his four-year pro basketball career. It also will solidify Durant's growing status as a superstar.

The film's impending announcement will only keep Durant in a spotlight he's thoroughly sequestered throughout an NBA offseason that has been clouded by a lockout.

With the league's labor dispute threatening to cancel some or all of the season, Durant, the reigning two-time scoring champion, has taken his talents to the country's best playgrounds and pro-am circuits. Durant has wowed crowds in New York, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. with his scoring prowess and sharpshooting ability, adding Internet sensation to his long list of accomplishments.

A work stoppage actually would assist Durant in shooting the film. Training camps are scheduled to open at the end of September, but there is little reason to believe owners and players will ratify a collective bargaining agreement in time to start the season on time.

The Thunder is scheduled to begin the preseason portion of its schedule Oct. 12 at Utah. Oklahoma City's regular season opener is slated for Nov. 1 on the road against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Durant also has stated his interest in playing overseas in the event the NBA season fails to begin on time. His representatives reportedly are in contract negotiations with the same Turkish club that signed New Jersey point guard Deron Williams. Durant, according to reports, wants to make a decision on where he'll play by Oct. 1.

Depending on both when Durant's scenes are worked into the production and when the season starts, it's possible the bulk of Durant's role to be completed before the season.

Source (http://newsok.com/thunders-kevin-durant-working-on-deal-to-star-in-film/article/3596694?custom_click=rss)

gaughan333
08-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Jesus Shuttlesworth

Chacarron
08-22-2011, 01:40 AM
Space Jam 2?

asandhu23
08-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Ballhog?

j-bay
08-22-2011, 01:46 AM
space jam 2

j-bay
08-22-2011, 01:47 AM
Space Jam 2: Durantula Attacks

MJ-BULLS
08-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Kevin Kazaam.

packers12to88
08-22-2011, 01:55 AM
Ballhog?

:laugh:

LakersMaster24
08-22-2011, 02:27 AM
His arch enemy should be Russell Westbrook. Their final battle would be, them trying to chug up as many shots as possible and see who can throw up more shots!

LTBaByyy
08-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I dont see him being a good actor at all. Unless he is playing basketball all his scenes lol

They shouldve went with Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Melo, Stoudemire, or Chris Paul

gwrighter
08-22-2011, 10:38 AM
why Durant tho?

Avenged
08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
I can't picture Durant in a lead role at all.

Fnom11
08-22-2011, 11:08 AM
He, in no way, would never make a good actor.

Baller1
08-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Ballhog?

Monta Ellis has been shooting that movie for 5-6 years now, but his innefficiency keeps pushing back the release date because he's missing most of the film sessions.

RZZZA
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
he doesn't have the right personality for movies.

asandhu23
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Monta Ellis has been shooting that movie for 5-6 years now, but his innefficiency keeps pushing back the release date because he's missing most of the film sessions.

blah blah blah. Durant only gets respect because he's got Stern and ESPN behind his ***. Stern and his love for creating superstars for ratings.

sixer04fan
08-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Space Jam 2: Revenge of the Monstars (aka the Heat)

j-bay
08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Space Jam 2: Revenge of the Monstars (aka the Heat)

speaking of space jam and the heat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j71HTYEuos8

Tony_Starks
08-22-2011, 08:45 PM
blah blah blah. Durant only gets respect because he's got Stern and ESPN behind his ***. Stern and his love for creating superstars for ratings.

Thats true. I think dropping 40's on people left and right and getting his team to the WCF probably played a minor role in that too......

asandhu23
08-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Thats true. I think dropping 40's on people left and right and getting his team to the WCF probably played a minor role in that too......

I am pretty sure loaded healthy team and ref calls has something to do with it too. You, sir, are brainwashed by Stern's media control.

Tony_Starks
08-22-2011, 09:15 PM
I am pretty sure loaded healthy team and ref calls has something to do with it too. You, sir, are brainwashed by Stern's media control.

You could be right. Does Stern and the media make the ball go in the net for him too or is he leading the league in scoring on his own? Did they have anything to do with Westbrooks marked improvement last year as well? How far does the conspiracy go? Do they know where Jimmy Hoffa is?

naps
08-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Dwyane Wade would be perfect for a movie.

lurkinglionsfan
08-22-2011, 09:51 PM

durant actually can ball thats why he gets credit he lead the NBA in scoring and im pretty sure he took only the 2nd most shots on his team. you sir just love to hate

23dragonzord
08-22-2011, 10:09 PM

roasted :clap:

asandhu23
08-22-2011, 10:32 PM
durant actually can ball thats why he gets credit he lead the NBA in scoring and im pretty sure he took only the 2nd most shots on his team. you sir just love to hate

He leads the league in scoring because

1) He gets ref calls.
2) He is taller than everyone else in his position. With his height and length, he should be playing power forward, not small forward.

the so called "ability to draw fouls" is nothing but superstar preference. Lone wolfs who get a lot of foul calls like Corey Maggette and Kevin Martin are there to distract NBA fans from the truth.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-22-2011, 10:44 PM
I can't see him as a good actor.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-22-2011, 10:46 PM

:laugh2:

And what has Monta been doing?

Evolution23
08-22-2011, 10:54 PM
He's going to play Skelator from He-man

lurkinglionsfan
08-22-2011, 11:51 PM

1) He gets ref calls.
2) He is taller than everyone else in his position. With his height and length, he should be playing power forward, not small forward.

the so called "ability to draw fouls" is nothing but superstar preference. Lone wolfs who get a lot of foul calls like Corey Maggette and Kevin Martin are there to distract NBA fans from the truth.

ok really he is Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104.3 kg.

while there are shooting gaurds that are 6'6 lemme guess they should play smallforward?

while LeBron is Height: 6-8 / 2.03
Weight: 250 lbs. / 113.4 kg.
and he has always played small forward too .

tayshawn prince Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 215 lbs.

peja stojakovic
Height: 6-10 / 2.08
Weight: 229 lbs.

that enough or do i need more to make my point also there are shooting gaurds who are 6'5-6'6 ie brandon roy, deshawn stevenson(rip hamilton is 6'7 and demar derozan is too)

and as for the "star treatment" he gets the same treatment as dwight, LeBron, wade, carmelo,and all the rest of the "stars" in the league
so your just a hater

Tony_Starks
08-23-2011, 12:24 AM
ok really he is Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104.3 kg.

while there are shooting gaurds that are 6'6 lemme guess they should play smallforward?

while LeBron is Height: 6-8 / 2.03
Weight: 250 lbs. / 113.4 kg.
and he has always played small forward too .

tayshawn prince Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 215 lbs.

peja stojakovic
Height: 6-10 / 2.08
Weight: 229 lbs.

that enough or do i need more to make my point also there are shooting gaurds who are 6'5-6'6 ie brandon roy, deshawn stevenson(rip hamilton is 6'7 and demar derozan is too)

and as for the "star treatment" he gets the same treatment as dwight, LeBron, wade, carmelo,and all the rest of the "stars" in the league
so your just a hater

Might as well leave it alone man, he's clearly one of those conspiracy theorist. Probably the type that thinks Stern rigs the finals and knows in advance who will win the championship.

tredigs
08-23-2011, 12:31 AM
You could be right. Does Stern and the media make the ball go in the net for him too or is he leading the league in scoring on his own? Did they have anything to do with Westbrooks marked improvement last year as well? How far does the conspiracy go? Do they know where Jimmy Hoffa is?

Stern must also have complete control of the NCAA, and the FIBA World Championships. Is he the maestro of street-ball, too?!

Somebody hold me!

In closing, Assandhu - it's a shame that you rep the Warriors and Northern California on here. Embarrassing, really.

Baller1
08-23-2011, 12:34 AM

1) He gets ref calls.

What does being tall have to do with him raining threes from anywhere on the court in the NBA, World Championships, College, Rucker Park, and every other venue he's blessed his talents with? I understand you're a child, but sometimes even a 6 year old knows when to keep a mouth shut.