PDA

View Full Version : What team has the best & worst depth at each individual position?

beasted86
08-21-2011, 09:49 PM
What team has the best & worst rotaton at each individual position? PG - SG - SF - PF - C?

My picks....

Best-
PG: PHX: Steve Nash / Aaron Brooks
SG: ATL: Joe Johnson / Jamaal Crawford
SF: DAL: Caron Butler / Shawn Marion / Peja Stojakovic
PF: LAL: Pau Gasol / Lamar Odom
C:: LAC: Chris Kaman / DeAndre Jordan

Worst-
PG: LAL: Derek Fisher / Steve Blake
SG: CHI: Keith Bogans / Ronnie Brewer
SF: NJN: Travis Outlaw / Stephen Graham / Damion James
PF: CHA: Boris Diaw / Tyrus Thomas
C:: MIA: Joel Anthony / Zydruanas Ilgauskas / Dexter Pittman

Chacarron
08-21-2011, 09:58 PM
That was not bad. There has to be a better center rotation than the Clippers though. Jazz maybe?

beasted86
08-21-2011, 10:04 PM
That was not bad. There has to be a better center rotation than the Clippers though. Jazz maybe?

If Okur was a shell of his former self I would have picked them, but his career seems to be over... and rookie Centers have a slow learning curve, so won't put much stock in Kanter yet.

Cal827
08-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Worst at SF-Toronto

Kleiza-Weems-Wright-James Johnson

beasted86
08-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Worst at SF-Toronto

Kleiza-Weems-Wright-James Johnson

You just named 4 players better than Travis Outlaw :laugh2:

People seriously underrate how garbage that guy is... he's still living off of the rep of his days with Portland.

Cal827
08-21-2011, 10:21 PM
You just named 4 players better than Travis Outlaw :laugh2:

People seriously underrate how garbage that guy is... he's still living off of the rep of his days with Portland.

wow, I just looked at his stats... gets basically starter minutes and although I don't really look at advanced stats too much, I'm pretty sure a PER of 8.80 is pretty bad :pity:

3mikee_
08-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Wow can't believe Kaman and Jordan is the best center combo... I cannot think of another.. Al Jefferson/Darko? LOL Ok that's bad um... Who's backing up Dwight? Is it Brandon Bass? If so I'd take that combo for sure.. even though Bass is kind of undersized and not really a center.

Meh..

asandhu23
08-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Warriors....

Center Combo: Andris Biedrins - Lou Amundson

Power Forward: David Lee - Ekpe Udoh - Jeremy Tyler

Small Forward: Dorell Wright - Al Thornton - Reggie Williams

Shooting Guard: Monta Ellis - Klay Thompson - Charlie Bell

Point Guard: Stephen Curry - Acie Law - Jeremy Lin.

Bold ones are W's Strengths... and to add to that, we also have Vladimir Radmanovich and Charles Jenkins.

Radman, we have him just for stretching out the defense. Charles Jenkins will probably be cut..

Jeremy Lin is just for attracting asian crowds...

Sadds The Gr8
08-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Center is definitely the Raptors. Andrea Barfnani, Alexis Ajinca, Solomon Alabi............................................. .................................................. ...................

:facepalm:.......................................

llemon
08-21-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd say Bynum-Gasol is better than Kaman-Jordan

And Kidd-Barea-Terry are better than Nash-Brooks

asandhu23
08-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Warriors' have the worst centers... Lou Amundson, Andris Biedrins and Vladimir Radmanovich... Lou Amundson's hustle is the only shining point there.

DoMeFavors
08-21-2011, 11:55 PM
I hate Travis Outlaw and Stephen Graham the Nets SF lineup is a joke.

23dragonzord
08-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Noah and asik is pretty good defensively. Jefferson kanter and okur is pretty good too.

Chacarron
08-22-2011, 12:05 AM
I like Noah and Asik as best Center combo.

Chill_Will_24
08-22-2011, 12:08 AM
the Knicks have the worst C rotation. Amare is a pf

beasted86
08-22-2011, 12:30 AM
I'd say Bynum-Gasol is better than Kaman-Jordan

And Kidd-Barea-Terry are better than Nash-Brooks

I'm already using Gasol as a PF to say the Lakers have the best PF rotation. Lakers aren't getting the best PF & Center spots by duplicating players in two positions. That wouldn't be fair.

And I considered Dallas, but Terry hasn't really played PG at all for a while, here's the proof: http://www.82games.com/1011/10DAL4.HTM. Just look at the top 20 lineups he played in for the Mavs this season... not even one single lineup has him at PG. If he did play at PG, it was less than 30 minutes the whole season. So....

Nash + Brooks > Kidd + Barea

asandhu23
08-22-2011, 12:32 AM

Atleast Ronny Turiaf can do something.... Biedrins plays like a neutered dog.

llemon
08-22-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm already using Gasol as a PF to say the Lakers have the best PF rotation. Lakers aren't getting the best PF & Center spots by duplicating players in two positions. That wouldn't be fair.

And I considered Dallas, but Terry hasn't really played PG at all for a while, here's the proof: http://www.82games.com/1011/10DAL4.HTM. Just look at the top 20 lineups he played in for the Mavs this season... not even one single lineup has him at PG. If he did play at PG, it was less than 30 minutes the whole season. So....

Nash + Brooks > Kidd + Barea

I'll just disagree on both your points.

Gasol is plays many minutes at Center for Lakers.

Terry may not be playing PG on offense when in the on the court with Kidd, but he certainly is the defensive PG when on the court with Kidd, so Kidd can guard the SGs. And Terry was third on my list of Mav's PGs. Don't see where Brooks was better than Barea this passed season.

llemon
08-22-2011, 12:53 AM
SF, how about Igloo and Thad Young?

THE GIPPER
08-22-2011, 01:30 AM
nuggets:

sf: chandler/gallo/jordan hamilton
sg: afflalo/JR
pg: lawson/andre miller (felton last year)

lol nuggets have depth at basically every position.

MJ-BULLS
08-22-2011, 01:33 AM
I like Noah and Asik as best Center combo.

I agree. Asik is a stud defender.

nickdymez
08-22-2011, 01:59 AM
wow, I just looked at his stats... gets basically starter minutes and although I don't really look at advanced stats too much, I'm pretty sure a PER of 8.80 is pretty bad :pity:

Yea look at his advanced stats... That tells the whole story.. Before 2002 when nobody used them, the NBA was primitive.. Nothing even counts before the advent of advanced stats...

sep11ie
08-22-2011, 02:12 AM
Wow can't believe Kaman and Jordan is the best center combo... I cannot think of another.. Al Jefferson/Darko? LOL Ok that's bad um... Who's backing up Dwight? Is it Brandon Bass? If so I'd take that combo for sure.. even though Bass is kind of undersized and not really a center.

Meh..

Did you watch basketball this year?

Chacarron
08-22-2011, 02:21 AM
Yea look at his advanced stats... That tells the whole story.. Before 2002 when nobody used them, the NBA was primitive.. Nothing even counts before the advent of advanced stats...

Travis Outlaw does suck so the advanced stats kinda got it right, just saying. If anything, advanced stats help people make unbiased, objective opinions.

Chronz
08-22-2011, 02:35 AM
lol what was dymez motivation for making such an odd post? Hmmm.......

Chronz
08-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Id rather have Kobe/Shannon than JC/JJ but I take it your not going by production/talent at a certain position but the strength of the backup relative to his starter. In that case as a clippers fan I can tell you Noah/Asik are superior center combos, you add in old man Kurt and they run away with it.

clehmun
08-22-2011, 02:49 AM
depending on where you think Jeff Green plays - KG/Green or Pierce/Green looks good too.

MacFitz92
08-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Chandler and Haywood..

YoungOne
08-22-2011, 04:31 AM
SF - Pierce + green?

NYKnicksAllDay
08-22-2011, 04:34 AM

Aside from A'mare, we have arguably the worst front court in the entire league. Jeffries, Turiaf, Shelden Williams, & Balkman. It's pretty sad that Shawne Williams was our 2nd best PF/C despite the fact that he is a SF.

Bruno
08-22-2011, 04:38 AM
SF - Pierce + green?

x2. Thats up there with the Mavs rotation. I'd probably prefer it.

Bruno
08-22-2011, 04:40 AM

Or you could look at the advanced stats from before 2002?

SaimuKala
08-22-2011, 05:08 AM
PG: Westbrook and Nate
SG: Kobe and Shannon
SF: Butler and Marion
PF: Gasol and Odom
C: Chandler and Haywood

sventhedog
08-22-2011, 07:41 AM
how about a retired duncan and a retired mcdyess. lol.

Khalifa21
08-22-2011, 08:04 AM
1st team

PG: Steve Nash/Aaron Brooks
SG: Dwyane Wade/Mike Miller
SF: Paul Pierce/Jeff Green
PF: Pau Gasol/Lamar Odom
C: Tyson Chandler/Brendan Haywood

2nd team

PG: Ty Lawson/Andre Miller
SG: Joe Johnson/Jamal Crawford
SF: Gerald Wallace/Nicolas Batum
PF: David West/Carl Landry
C: Chris Kaman/DeAndre Jordan

alencp3
08-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Big Al > Noah
Kanter > Asik

YoungOne
08-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Big Al > Noah
Kanter > Asik

watched them yesterday and I would agree.

beasted86
08-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Terry may not be playing PG on offense when in the on the court with Kidd, but he certainly is the defensive PG when on the court with Kidd, so Kidd can guard the SGs. And Terry was third on my list of Mav's PGs. Don't see where Brooks was better than Barea this passed season.

Yeah, we just disagree... because you say that as though Terry is a good defensive player at PG. How I see it is Brooks = Barea, but Nash > Kidd

beasted86
08-22-2011, 08:56 AM
SF, how about Igloo and Thad Young?

Never thought of them, good pick.

justinnum1
08-22-2011, 09:54 AM
What team has the best & worst rotaton at each individual position? PG - SG - SF - PF - C?

My picks....

Best-

Worst-
Our center situation is better than philly at the least.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Wolves centers have to be the worst

Darko-Non (Pekovic). They were better with skinny *** Anthony Randolph was playing there.

eugene
08-22-2011, 10:15 AM
this: SG: CHI: Keith Bogans / Ronnie Brewer :D :D

LTBaByyy
08-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Kaman and Jordan is not better than Chandler, Haywood, and Mahinmi

And the Mavs DEPTH at SG and SF is amazing as well

Terry, Roddy B, Fernandez, Stevenson, Dominique Jones

Butler, Marion, Fernandez, Stojokavic, Brewer

Hawkeye15
08-22-2011, 10:19 AM
this: SG: CHI: Keith Bogans / Ronnie Brewer :D :D

I will counter your elite defensive unit with this:

Wes Johnson/Wayne Ellington (though I think Wes is better this year)

b_russ
08-22-2011, 10:38 AM
PF: Al Jefferson (depending on if you consider him PF or C), Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors

tredigs
08-22-2011, 11:43 AM
1st team

2nd team

Damn, nailed it.

Kashmir13579
08-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Knicks

PG Chauncey Billups - Toney Douglas
SG - Landry Fields - Bill Walker
SF - Carmelo Anthony -Bill Walker
PF - Amar'e Stoudemire - Shawn Williams
C - Turiaf - Jared Jeffries

Its a sad state of affairs.

Kashmir13579
08-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Atleast Ronny Turiaf can do something.... Biedrins plays like a neutered dog.
All Turiaf can do is play 8 minutes and then ice his knees.

OlivaThor
08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
PG: Nash / Brooks
SG: Johnson / Crawford
SF: Pierce / Green
PF: Gasol / Odom
C: Noah / Asik

Chronz
08-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Or you could look at the advanced stats from before 2002?

Hes mad that the game has evolved, apparently unaware that per possession rates can be traced back to before he was born. That they are becoming more and more mainstream/complex gets to him for some reason. Can you explain that to me, the only conclusion I've been able to come up with is the kind that will get me banned.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Hes mad that the game has evolved, apparently unaware that per possession rates can be traced back to before he was born. That they are becoming more and more mainstream/complex gets to him for some reason. Can you explain that to me, the only conclusion I've been able to come up with is the kind that will get me banned.

the only thing I can come up with is there are certain people who have been using their eyes forever and when they see in depth statistical analysis doesn't paint the picture they saw, they refuse to embrace them as valid. There are plenty like that honestly. Some give a disclaimer that they don't really understand stats or that they don't respect stat A, and some bash them all together and chastise anyone that uses them to legitamize and opinion. All sorts here

MR.TRIPDUB
08-22-2011, 01:58 PM
1st team

2nd team

This one's the best list.

llemon
08-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah, we just disagree... because you say that as though Terry is a good defensive player at PG. How I see it is Brooks = Barea, but Nash > Kidd

I'll just say that 2nd half of last season, Nash looked (and played) older than Kidd.

And, at this point in time, Kidd's ability to guard SGs make him better than Nash, IMO.

And Steve Nash is my 2nd favorite player in the league.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I'll just say that 2nd half of last season, Nash looked (and played) older than Kidd.

And, at this point in time, Kidd's ability to guard SGs make him better than Nash, IMO.

And Steve Nash is my 2nd favorite player in the league.

depends what you need though. If you NEED scoring out of your PG on a nightly basis, Nash is still better. If you have weapons, and need a facilitator who can defend, Kidd is better.

llemon
08-22-2011, 03:13 PM
depends what you need though. If you NEED scoring out of your PG on a nightly basis, Nash is still better. If you have weapons, and need a facilitator who can defend, Kidd is better.

My point is that Nash was showing much more wear-and-tear at the end of the season than Kidd.

Nash scored 11 or fewer points in 17 out of the last 22 games that he played.

What makes Nash a superstar is not only his ability to score, but to score as a go-to guy. Stevie wasn't really able to do either as the season drew to a close.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2011, 03:14 PM
My point is that Nash was showing much more wear-and-tear at the end of the season than Kidd.

Nash scored 11 or fewer points in 17 out of the last 22 games that he played.

What makes Nash a superstar is not only his ability to score, but to score as a go-to guy. Stevie wasn't really able to do either as the season drew to a close.

nah, I agree. I think there is more to it than that. I don't think Nash was all that healthy. But sure, over the last 1/4 of the season, Nash did not look like Nash.

llemon
08-22-2011, 03:23 PM
nah, I agree. I think there is more to it than that. I don't think Nash was all that healthy. But sure, over the last 1/4 of the season, Nash did not look like Nash.

Nash didn't look like he was at full strength at the end of the season. He looked slow and weak.

Whenever the NBA plays real games again, we'll have an idea what Steve has left. A shorter season could be just what Mr. Nash needs.

DoMeFavors
08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
I think Deron/Farmar/Gaines is the best pg lineup

CeeDub15
08-22-2011, 03:46 PM
PG: Nash / Brooks
SG: Johnson / Crawford
SF: Pierce / Green
PF: Gasol / Odom
C: Noah / Asik

I do like this one.

haggis
08-22-2011, 03:50 PM
1st team

2nd team

I'd take Noah/Asik/Kurt Thomas for your 2nd team, but the rest of your list looks great.

llemon
08-22-2011, 04:19 PM
I'd take Noah/Asik/Kurt Thomas for your 2nd team, but the rest of your list looks great.

Sorry, have to stick with Bynum/Pau Gasol

NBA-GMaster
08-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Best
PG: Nash/ Brooks
SG: Johnson/ Crawford
SF: Pierce/Green
PF: Gasol/Odom
C: Jefferson/Okur/Kanter

Worst
C: Turiaf/Jeffries
PF: Johnson/Evans/Davis/Dorsey
SF: Outlaw/Graham/James
SG: Henderson/Carroll/Temple
PG: Fredette/Jeter

Bruno
08-23-2011, 01:08 AM
I will counter your elite defensive unit with this:

Wes Johnson/Wayne Ellington (though I think Wes is better this year)

Johnson killed LAL last year. Did you catch that game?

JordansBulls
08-23-2011, 01:21 PM

My picks....

Best-

Worst-

Yeah the Bulls at SG has to be the worst, but I like our center combo.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Johnson killed LAL last year. Did you catch that game?

yep. I was visiting my friend in LA actually at the time. Wes then sucked the floor up for about 7 games following...

And I think he is a lot better this season, so the Wolves SG situation won't be in contention for worst in the NBA

Chronz
08-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah the Bulls at SG has to be the worst, but I like our center combo.
You underrate your team, the Bulls were most definitely not the worst, its become a cliche to say the Bulls have no SG. Statistically the Nets, Jazz, Bucks, and Cavs got the least amount of production from that position. Then you factor in Brewers defensive abilities and its FAR from the worst.

nickdymez
08-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah the Bulls at SG has to be the worst,but I like our center combo.

Not really if you think about it.. You guys just have two backup caliber shooting guards. But strong backups.. If you get a legit starter in there, you guys have an elite with whoever you choose to keep