PDA

View Full Version : Trade LeBron to Magic for Dwight last year, Heat win it all?

Cool007
08-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Let's say if Heat traded LeBron to the Magic for Dwight Howard sometime in December, with all the other pieces as it is, Do you guys think Heat win it all last year???

Chalmers/Bibby
D-Wade/James Jones
Mike Miller/James Jones
Bosh/Haslem
Dwight/Joel Anthony

What do you guys think?

This team is better than 2006 team with younger D-Wade and older Shaq but this team has older/wiser D-Wade and in his prime Dwight Howard.

I know Mavs are a better team than 2006 Mavs but how would they fare in the Finals? DO Heat win it all???

OlivaThor
08-19-2011, 04:47 PM
I say yes, combination of dominant SG, PF, C!! is better then SG, SF, PF

Hawkeye15
08-19-2011, 04:48 PM
meh, no. Wade would have had way too much scoring responsibility and the Heat would have needed him to control the ball SO much, I don't think he would have held up, especially over the regular season when they were killed by injuries. I do think a Wade/Dwight core would be easier to build around going forward though, since you now scrap the issue of having your two best players having a large skillset overlap

Kyben36
08-19-2011, 04:57 PM
I say yes, combination of dominant SG, PF, C!! is better then SG, SF, PF

it has nothing to do with the combination, it has to do with having a big in the middle or not. I dont knwo if heat fans are willing to admit it, but Bosh is a jump shooter. ie he was a big like Duncan, or Garnett, I bleive they would have won it, but he isnt a great post player in any way. he is good, but not a go to player.

Having a go to player down there would seriously improve them, but trading james, would be hard.

I would say it would change things, because bosh ( jump shooter ) and Dwight ( beast ) would be the perfect big combo, and Wade can get to the hoop.

nickdymez
08-19-2011, 04:59 PM
definitely. Wades proven he can handle being the primary scorer on a championship team. With Dwight in the middle, thats an easy championship..

Carter305
08-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Lmfao!! Wade wll have too much scoring responsiblity!? Last i checked we had lebron james on our team and he till avg 29ppg in the finals...no different to me he i a scorer that's what he does no matter what evn with the "best player" lebron on his team...they would win for sure!!! Dwight in the middle wade sg bosh pf....beast!!!

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2011, 05:04 PM
these same threads over and over are getting old and either way i think the heat will win the next championship reguardless. this would improve the team though i think(even though lebron's the best player in the world dwight is a better fit) and wade can definately win it with a dominant front court of bosh/howard no question.

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2011, 05:09 PM
i just wish/hope lebron would commit himself to playing more down low. if lebron became the all around player he could be(playing a little more at pf and becoming a true post threat as well as an offensive rebounding machine) i think it won't matter and he'd actually fit in better than howard. he just loves the damn perimeter too much and i think he needs to figure out wade is the ball handler(as a guard) and he has the skillset/size to set screens/pick and rolls and post up(as a sf with pf size).

juno10
08-19-2011, 05:10 PM
dwight just fixes alot of the heats holes all by himself, rebounder,shot blocker,intimidater,and a low post scoring threat he's just as dominant as bron i think they would have won it quite easily depending on if wade doesn't run out of gas like he did in the bulls series .

sep11ie
08-19-2011, 05:14 PM
And now this exact thread has been started 487 times. Way to stay imaginitive!

ichitownclowni
08-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I thought you were JB

Bruno
08-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Yes. And saying so isn't a knock on LeBron either, the parts just fit better. Higher likelihood for team synergy.

JordansBulls
08-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Let's say if Heat traded LeBron to the Magic for Dwight Howard sometime in December, with all the other pieces as it is, Do you guys think Heat win it all last year???

Chalmers/Bibby
D-Wade/James Jones
Mike Miller/James Jones
Bosh/Haslem
Dwight/Joel Anthony

What do you guys think?

This team is better than 2006 team with younger D-Wade and older Shaq but this team has older/wiser D-Wade and in his prime Dwight Howard.

I know Mavs are a better team than 2006 Mavs but how would they fare in the Finals? DO Heat win it all???

Yes quite easily. They would destroyed the Bulls as Dwight abuses Noah/Boozer or any damn body the Bulls throw at him. And Chandler would have been ineffective with Dwight down there.

MacFitz92
08-19-2011, 05:42 PM
No.

THE GIPPER
08-19-2011, 05:45 PM
i say yes but the current heat team looked good on paper too

Hawkeye15
08-19-2011, 05:48 PM
I still don't think they would have won it this year, with the injury problems the Heat had, and the fact that late in games, a team like Dallas could just wall around Wade and if he deferred to Dwight you just send him to the line with a plethora of of big bodies.

But, going forward, either LeBron/Dwight, or Wade/Dwight, is the better building block for the reason I stated. You now don't have a complete skill overlap on your two stud players. Easier to fill the roster out around them imo.

Cal827
08-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Yup.. .Howard covers basically all of of Bosh's defencies (rebounding, defense). They would destroy any PF/C combo, EASILY.. and Wade can contribute too lol

OlivaThor
08-19-2011, 05:57 PM
it has nothing to do with the combination, it has to do with having a big in the middle or not. I dont knwo if heat fans are willing to admit it, but Bosh is a jump shooter. ie he was a big like Duncan, or Garnett, I bleive they would have won it, but he isnt a great post player in any way. he is good, but not a go to player.

I would say it would change things, because bosh ( jump shooter ) and Dwight ( beast ) would be the perfect big combo, and Wade can get to the hoop.

Contender teams need a good C for easy inside points and paint defense (Howard), PG or SG with constant PPG and passing abilities (Wade), good third option (Bosh) and solid role players (Haslem, Miller, Chalmers).. Thatīs recipe for tittle

Hawkeye15
08-19-2011, 06:00 PM
I change my opinion. I completely forgot about Bosh.......

Yes, they win it all this year.

THE GIPPER
08-19-2011, 06:06 PM

hes such a third wheel....

Hawkeye15
08-19-2011, 06:10 PM
hes such a third wheel....

oh I know, but he's a great 3rd option when you have a Wade/Dwight core

LosDoyers1
08-19-2011, 06:17 PM
I say most likely. Having D12 in the middle pretty much guarantees no layups. Defense wins you championships and having a Wade/Howard combo would be pretty darn tough.

naps
08-20-2011, 11:00 AM
No doubt they would have won it all. Arguably league's best wing player + best center-PF combo. Dwight and Bosh will form a dream front-court. They complement each other perfectly.

SteBO
08-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes they do, though I'm pretty confident that they can still win with the stars they have now. Wade and Howard though would be a dream come true for me.

WildcatsPride
08-20-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't know, it's not a necessity to have an elite center to win the championship. Look at Dallas, we won it all with Tyson Chandler down low. Good player but not elite. I'm not knocking Lebron, but the Heat might have won it all with a big 3 of Wade, Bosh, and Howard.

Sly Guy
08-20-2011, 11:54 AM
howard would free up bosh to play his more natural game at the 4. He could actually play a finesse game and get away with it. Hell, he might even win over some fans that way.

Federal Reserve
08-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Oh look.. It's this thread again. The same thread that gets made about 3 or 4 times a week.... Every week.... With the same replies and responses.... And the same comparisons.... And the same discussions.... Over and over and over and over.... Another one will be made in 3 days. And the cycle will be repeated.

Sixerlover
08-20-2011, 12:02 PM
This really is PSD's favorite question.. Let it go

theheatles
08-20-2011, 12:50 PM
probably, if the same 2 teams played a 7 game series again the heat would sweep the mavs

jetsfan28
08-20-2011, 12:57 PM
If they get by the Bulls, which they may not do without LeBron essentially taking Rose out of the series, I think they beat Dallas

gwrighter
08-20-2011, 01:25 PM
hell yes. Dwight can Carry a team defensively. Bosh + Dwight is as good if not better than Duncan + Robinson imo. Dwight is so dominant down low that Wade would be able to take games off. we're talking about an elite guard & the best C in the game by far, + a stretch big in bosh, great combination. James jones + Mike Miller + Eddie house would have made it splash from dt on the regular.

Byronicle
08-20-2011, 01:50 PM
definitely

Wade is also a playmaker that can create for others. dwight on any team with another superstar is a championship contender

LakersIn5
08-21-2011, 01:20 AM
but the heat wont do it. thats like disrespecting lebron

ragee
08-21-2011, 02:24 AM

I know this was a serious post but it really made me laugh! Hahaha... Poor Bosh... From a superstar status when he was in Toronto to a guy that people forget when he went to Miami!

Yes they do, though I'm pretty confident that they can still win with the stars they have now. Wade and Howard though would be a dream come true for me.

So right now, would you trade Lebron for Dwight straight up?

LakersIn5
08-21-2011, 06:10 AM
nobody knows! because most fans also said before that a tandem of wade and lebron would win the championship. and maybe dwight will choke too.

jimm120
08-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Why do people keep saying "trade lebron"?

If the heat trade ANYONE, its going to be wade when he's 32 (doubtul cause i'm sure they'd want to retire him as a heat) OR Bosh.

NO WAY Lebron is traded.

Unless his skills deteriorate so fast once his athleticism goes away...

And that just isnt happening till at least he's 30.

I'm a big lebron hater but c'mon. At least be realistic.

and to go along with the topic, as someone mention, if you pair up Dwight with ANY OTHER star player, he'll get you to the finals.

For my knicks, i really hope wemget dwight instead of paul. Or maybe sign Chris Paul and trade Amare for Dwight in a sign and trade. Amare goes to his home state and we get a dream team of best CENTER, est POINT GUARD, and top SMALL FORWARD.

That would be a dream team and definjtly better than lebron/wade/bosh trio, simply because the "game " of these three would complement each other better.

Eagles710
08-21-2011, 06:43 AM
This is Dumb.... Any Real Basketball fan knows that Sadly to say the heat will win the next championship..... But Yes If the Heat Traded Lebron For Dwight they really could win.... Not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7 .... D wade.. C bosh ... Dwight Howard..... That Would be Best team Ever Formed Period

Shlumpledink
08-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Yes they would. Its not a knock on lebron, more as it is a highlighting of how important bigs are to basketball. If you have dwight downlow, and bosh playing 10-18 feet out nailing his jumpers, you have a great team. Add an elite perimeter player to that mix and you have a downright dominant team.

Flashy players tend to be valued really highly for their entertainment value, and how dominant they look. But a dominant post presence is worth his weight in gold(which is skyrocketing now). But entertainment doesn't mean wins, and every dunk is two points no matter how hard you throw it. Lebron is a great player, but its really difficult for perimeters players to win without some kind of interior presence, (and adding more perimeter players doesn't really alleviate this problem it actually emphasizes it) whether it be offensive or defensive the heat had neither. Until they can get some consistency on that side of their game (joel anthony is good defensively but he's an offensive liability) they'll have difficulties. Unless Lebron brings that hakeem olajuwon post game, then we watch a string of miami championships

SteBO
08-21-2011, 07:53 AM
So right now, would you trade Lebron for Dwight straight up?
Probably not, but the idea of a Wade/Howard hook up sounds intriguing. We were two wins away from a championship, so I don't feel it would be necessasy at this moment.

ldawg
08-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Yes i Think they would have won. I just don't see anyone beating them a 25+ ppg player at Center, power foward and shooting guard. Who can stop that? That is a well balance team that has best center in the game. The Coach had a hard time with the Combo of Wade and James being similar often over looking bosh as they had no inside game. Even with all that talent Wade and Lebron taking turns they still needed a allstar level center. If they Had Horard, James jones and Mike Bibby or any average player could have played sf.

ldawg
08-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Probably not, but the idea of a Wade/Howard hook up sounds intriguing. We were two wins away from a championship, so I don't feel it would be necessasy at this moment.So Magic all most won two years ago. Almost does not count, if it did Bull almost beat the heat and would of if they had a sg. I knew Heat were not going to win it all after that series. Anyway we are not talking about next season but last season. Wade, Bosh, Howard would have won. Most of the problems that everyone said the heat would stuggle with came to reality. Those same problems would not have exist with Wade, Bosh and Howard. It would have been a more balanced team without hindering each others game. Life would have been better for the coach as well and that goes a long way. Ego, distractions and chemistry would not have been a problem. Yes they can be better next season with a new power front line and improved chemistry but that is not the question. And to be honest Heat can get an allstar center and pg and still may not win untill Wade or Lebron take a back seat and define rolls.

MR.TRIPDUB
08-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Cant believe how underrated and disrespected the mavs still are in here. They have already won the title and still you want to take it away from them. Most even dismiss their title defense for next year. How bout giving them the credit and respect a champion deserves.

To answer the question, dallas is a very smart team with very good staff. They would have adjusted to whoever oppnent they meet. Its not like sweeping LA is a cakewalk. Also dallas won with perimeter shooting and defense.

oak2455
08-21-2011, 11:26 AM
LBJ SUCKS:rolleyes: seriously enough with the LBJ slandering holy hell please stop anybody.. any team.. would want LBJ as there number one guy/ option.....stop the bullshiiiit :mad::mad::mad::mad::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: its getting silly wow he made a bad PR move get over it.. he's still one of the best players if not the best in the NBA.. as much as I hated Larry Bird he was insane.... move on people:)

3mikee_
08-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Sweeping LA was pretty much a cakewalk for LA because LA was clearly not prepared for the type of game Dallas wanted to play... Kobe said it him self, they didn't know how to approach the games until it was too late and Dallas just shot the lights out.

Honestly don't think you can "plan" for Dwight Howard, your either going to stop him or your not and that's generally up to whether Howard decides to bring his game. Like is Tyson Chandler really going to stay out of foul trouble against combo of CB4/D12 when he couldn't even stay out of foul trouble against Bosh and..Joel Anthony or whoever played C for the Heat?!

Giving Dallas all the credit in the world for beating the Heat, but with Howard... that team is unbeatable..

rickshaw
08-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Oh look.. It's this thread again. The same thread that gets made about 3 or 4 times a week.... Every week.... With the same replies and responses.... And the same comparisons.... And the same discussions.... Over and over and over and over.... Another one will be made in 3 days. And the cycle will be repeated.

Did you cry when LBJ didnt go to the knicks or do you only do that for your jets

SteBO
08-21-2011, 12:21 PM
So Magic all most won two years ago. Almost does not count, if it did Bull almost beat the heat and would of if they had a sg. I knew Heat were not going to win it all after that series. Anyway we are not talking about next season but last season. Wade, Bosh, Howard would have won. Most of the problems that everyone said the heat would stuggle with came to reality. Those same problems would not have exist with Wade, Bosh and Howard. It would have been a more balanced team without hindering each others game. Life would have been better for the coach as well and that goes a long way. Ego, distractions and chemistry would not have been a problem. Yes they can be better next season with a new power front line and improved chemistry but that is not the question. And to be honest Heat can get an allstar center and pg and still may not win untill Wade or Lebron take a back seat and define rolls.
Ok, tell me something I don't know. Fact remains the same, Dwight Howard isn't necessary at this moment, but I do think the Heat probably would've won with Dwight in the middle. You're stating the obvious here.

JNA17
08-21-2011, 01:27 PM
imo, hell yes. As other people have said it's not even a knock on Lebron. It's just the team itself would be a lot more dominate and it would fix so many holes in the team it's not even funny.

With Dwight, your rebounding is a lot better, your defense with just him alone is that much greater, you have a low post scoring threat, and...well you get it the whole team is just in much better shape. The simple formula of a great G and a great C alone make a dominate combo (see kobe and shaq or magic and kareem, or Bill Russell and Bob Cousy, etc.). Then along side that formula, you have an all star power forward in with Bosh despite some of his problems which would also be fixed with Dwight there (fact that he doesn't post up and his defense doesn't help, Dwight can take care of that).

I look at it like this, which big three combo would I rather have, SG+SF+PF, or SG+PF+C, I go with the 2nd option easily with no 2nd thought. The only big three combo that would be better then that is PG+SF+C (oh snap I just made a Chris Paul+Melo+Amare reference).

MR.TRIPDUB
08-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Sweeping LA was pretty much a cakewalk for LA because LA was clearly not prepared for the type of game Dallas wanted to play... Kobe said it him self, they didn't know how to approach the games until it was too late and Dallas just shot the lights out.

Honestly don't think you can "plan" for Dwight Howard, your either going to stop him or your not and that's generally up to whether Howard decides to bring his game. Like is Tyson Chandler really going to stay out of foul trouble against combo of CB4/D12 when he couldn't even stay out of foul trouble against Bosh and..Joel Anthony or whoever played C for the Heat?!

Giving Dallas all the credit in the world for beating the Heat, but with Howard... that team is unbeatable..

Are you saying any team would have beaten LA that easily?

This is the nba and not some streetball leAgue, teams spend millions on a platoon of personnel to "plan" strategies on opposing teams. Ever heard of scouting reports? And compared to lebron, dwight would be easier to scout. Foul trouble? Thats also dwights problem, hes always in foul trouble plus tyson and haywood would have held their own defensively. They did beat the lakers with bynum, gasol and odom.

Unbeatable? Isnt that what they said about THIS big 3. Dont say youre giving them all the credit in the world when actually youre saying that they only won because lbj chose not to play well.

P.s. Im not saying dallas would still win, all im sayin is dont count out.

Chronz
08-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I think they would've but they would be even better if they just traded Wade for Dwight

nickdymez
08-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I think they would've but they would be even better if they just traded Wade for Dwight

Trade the man thats already won a championship and still has about 3-5 good years left.

gwrighter
08-21-2011, 02:53 PM

of course. But IMO Dwight is worth more than just Wade.

Chronz
08-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Trade the man thats already won a championship and still has about 3-5 good years left.
LOL if that player had more years ahead of him and is currently the better player anyways, why wouldn't I? Oh right because you think the fact that hes already won carries over . PASS, too simplistic for my liking.

nickdymez
08-21-2011, 02:58 PM
LOL if that player had more years ahead of him and is currently the better player anyways, why wouldn't I? Oh right because you think the fact that hes already won carries over . PASS, too simplistic for my liking.

lol.... ok then, dismiss me..

juno10
08-21-2011, 05:01 PM
lol tony parker already won guys i want him over derrick rose!

tredigs
08-21-2011, 05:07 PM

Rational basketball points aside - you don't trade your loyal/franchise player when he's in his prime and a top 3 player in the NBA. A huge segment of the already fragile fanbase would turn on the team - and I wouldn't doubt if they just looked to their next nearest organization and became Wade/Magic fans.

Regardless, there's a zero percent chance either of those two are traded (assuming they don't butt heads. And even then, unlikely).

nickdymez
08-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Rational basketball points aside - you don't trade your loyal/franchise player when he's in his prime and a top 3 player in the NBA. A huge segment of the already fragile fanbase would turn on the team - and I wouldn't doubt if they just looked to their next nearest organization and became Wade/Magic fans.

Regardless, there's a zero percent chance either of those two are traded (assuming they don't butt heads. And even then, unlikely).

Thats exactly my point. I just didn't feel like arguing with the "respected posters"

sventhedog
08-21-2011, 09:20 PM
we wouldn't know. is dwight as good a choker as lebron in the finals?

TheLegend
08-21-2011, 11:25 PM
hell yes. Dwight can Carry a team defensively. Bosh + Dwight is as good if not better than Duncan + Robinson imo. Dwight is so dominant down low that Wade would be able to take games off. we're talking about an elite guard & the best C in the game by far, + a stretch big in bosh, great combination. James jones + Mike Miller + Eddie house would have made it splash from dt on the regular.

Bosh/Dwight as good or better than Duncan/Robinson? :facepalm: Are you serious? Put the pipe down and GTFO!!!

Chronz
08-21-2011, 11:53 PM

Since when? Miami didn't show up when Wade was losing, all they care about is winning and with Bron, he provides many better years ahead. They will latch onto him once they win and Riley doesn't strike me as the emotional type, I think he would hold onto his MVP candidate and the superior player if it meant winning.

Plenty of teams have tried to trade their coveted superstar for another, sometimes for unproven talent, they haven't succeeded but they did try. Remember KAJ or Pippen twice.

Lake_Show2416
08-22-2011, 12:45 AM
easily in 5 games at the most, they would have some1 to actually guard the other teams best big, especially if its a superstar like Dirk

the best defensive player in the league for a guy that stands on the baseline cheering for Wade, i dont see how thats not an improvement that would put them way over the top

Raph12
08-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Yes rather easily IMHO; Wade could go back to his primary role as the main ballhandler where he was most effective, Dwight's defensive presence would shut opposing teams down completely with the combo of the athletic wings' perimeter defense and Dwight down-low, stifling opponents and creating easy baskets, on offense Dwight could take over the low-post and use his big body to create lanes for Wade/Bosh and draw defenders towards him and away from the 3pt shooters, etc, etc... It would've been a hand-in-glove fit.

Chalmers/Bibby
D-Wade/James Jones
Mike Miller/James Jones
Bosh/Haslem
Dwight/Joel Anthony

Watching the magic (no pun intended) after Wade & Dwight run the high pnr would be epic with those shooters spreading the court out. With both guys attacking the basket, Bosh/Haslem on the elbow/baseline and shooters in both pockets/wings, they'd have an unstoppable offense; defensively, they've always been a great defensive team, now put Dwight in the middle and they would just destroy teams... Funny thing is that Dwight is great friends with both Wade & Bosh, so if LBJ said no, Dwight might have been down in 2012 lol.

Raph12
08-22-2011, 02:38 AM
meh, no. Wade would have had way too much scoring responsibility and the Heat would have needed him to control the ball SO much, I don't think he would have held up, especially over the regular season when they were killed by injuries. I do think a Wade/Dwight core would be easier to build around going forward though, since you now scrap the issue of having your two best players having a large skillset overlap

Dude are you kidding me? Wade running the pnr with Dwight alone would get them enough points to win games, especially with the defense shutting opposing teams down. Iso Bosh on one block, Dwight on the other and Wade anywhere on the court and offense isn't a problem. Wade was the primary ballhandler his whole career and his numbers took a hit when he let Lebron take over, going back to what he's best at would definitely help him to meet his full potential while no longer hindering the 2nd option (which is what happened in the Finals, with Wade dominating Lebron was left to watch). Dwight is a great off-ball scorer and his iso game has improved vastly, can you honestly tell me you think there is a team out there that could beat a Wade-Dwight-Bosh combo (with shooters and willing defenders around them) in a 7-game series?... No chance man.

Take the Finals for example, Dwight would've taken Chandler out of the equation, Wade and Bosh could dominate offensively with Chandler clinging to Dwight 24-7 and defensively they could play more aggressively on the perimeter knowing that Superman is there to man the paint... GAME OVER!

John Walls Era
08-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Agree with post 61

naps
08-22-2011, 03:38 AM
Since when? Miami didn't show up when Wade was losing, all they care about is winning and with Bron, he provides many better years ahead. They will latch onto him once they win and Riley doesn't strike me as the emotional type, I think he would hold onto his MVP candidate and the superior player if it meant winning.

Plenty of teams have tried to trade their coveted superstar for another, sometimes for unproven talent, they haven't succeeded but they did try. Remember KAJ or Pippen twice.

I kinda get your point but Wade will never be traded unless something very uncharacteristic happens. You definitely don't live in Miami. Heat franchise is still and will always be favored to Wade.
And after reading couple of your posts I get the feel that you underrate Wade.

naps
08-22-2011, 03:48 AM
This won't happen but it's fun to think about a Wade-Bosh-Dwight combo. I would never trade LeBron or Wade for Dwight though after just one year. They definitely deserve more than just one year to prove themselves.

KingPosey
08-22-2011, 04:40 AM

Im curious as to why you think Wade would have SO much more responsibilty to score? DH can easily get you 24+ without volume shooting, and Bosh can obviously score more than he had to this season....

Maybe Orlando ends up winning it HUH?!?!

naps
08-22-2011, 05:00 AM
Im curious as to why you think Wade would have more SO much more responsibilty to score? DH can easily get you 24+ without volume shooting, and Bosh can obviously score more than he had to this season....

Maybe Orlando ends up winning it HUH?!?!

+1.

Wade has always been the underrated one. He barely gets credits for what he does.

Mckphins
08-22-2011, 05:40 AM
i personally think this trade would make both teams better. Lebron with those other pieces in orlando is better than lebron in cleveland.

nickdymez
08-22-2011, 07:43 AM

I find it funny how you try and make it sound like Lebron is that much better than wade. He isnt. And if stats are your only judging point then this is a juvenile argument to me and im done..

avrpatsfan
08-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Yes. Lebron's choke job in the Finals wasn't exactly a masterful performance. I'd love to see Wade get more scoring opportunities and Dwight to control the glass. That team would be better.

Chronz
08-22-2011, 12:27 PM
I kinda get your point but Wade will never be traded unless something very uncharacteristic happens. You definitely don't live in Miami. Heat franchise is still and will always be favored to Wade.
And after reading couple of your posts I get the feel that you underrate Wade.

I disagree, if the Magic were dumb enough to accept the deal I have little doubt Riley would take it. He loves power offenses but alas Im fairly certain Orlando would demand Bron at first. Obviously he would rather trade Bosh and to be honest might even be a more attractive option than Wade due to his age.

Its not underrating to acknowledge a superior player. As close as the 2 are the argument is convincingly in Brons favor.

Chronz
08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I find it funny how you try and make it sound like Lebron is that much better than wade. He isnt.
I find it hilarious that you speak of things you know nothing of. Tell me how did you come to that conclusion? You see to me Wade is a top 3 player with either Dwight or Bron at #1. However big that gap may be is irrelevant because everything I've been saying would remain true, its literally impossible for you to KNOW precisely where I rate him.

And if stats are your only judging point then this is a juvenile argument to me and im done..
Well then its a good thing we have alot more than just stats, still no matter how badly you may want to brush them off, they are still more telling than anything I've ever seen from you. Your anti stat agenda is clear as day, its why you reached in that other thread even though it served no purpose to the thread/post itself .

nickdymez
08-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I find it hilarious that you speak of things you know nothing of. Tell me how did you come to that conclusion? You see to me Wade is a top 3 player with either Dwight or Bron at #1. However big that gap may be is irrelevant because everything I've been saying would remain true, its literally impossible for you to KNOW precisely where I rate him.

Well then its a good thing we have alot more than just stats, still no matter how badly you may want to brush them off, they are still more telling than anything I've ever seen from you. Your anti stat agenda is clear as day, its why you reached in that other thread even though it served no purpose to the thread/post itself .

Its funny reading people like yours post's on this site. You seem like you want to fancy yourself some high level basketball mind, but your just a guy on a website doing the same thing im doing. I know your not some sort of sports statistician, so calm down with your little pretentious attitude. No matter how much you try and talk down to people on this site, your nobody and your little opinion of me or the game of basketball means nothing to no one but you.

Let me answer your little questions. First of all, there are a good percentage of you here that resort to stats when people bring up valid points about a player. Its like your backed against a wall then you throw out numbers because you feel that they cannot be argued because numbers are definite. Your wrong, if you respond to that accusation by saying i dont understand, your wrong. Stats are an excellent gauge of a players worth, at the same time stats are situational. Very simply, if an elite rebounder got traded to a team with another elite rebounder, someone's stats are gonna take a hit. Thats a fact. When someone says "Jordan is a better basketball player than magic" Its childish to say "well Jordan had a better per than magic and his ts was higher".

So if you honestly think that Lebron James is a better basketball player than Dewayne wade, thats on you. But i know that thought is coming purely from a statistical view, and therefore i cant respect your opinion on basketball

Chronz
08-22-2011, 01:24 PM
You spent all that time attacking my integrity only to prove how little you know about stats, quite simply nobody is dumb enough to rate rebounders outside of the team context.

Again your bias is clear, your animosity is noted, I don't care, you don't think I've heard my fair share of criticism or praise? Move on, you can think what you want, your wrong but I won't stop you from making a fool of yourself.

tunnicliffderek
08-22-2011, 01:37 PM
yes they would.easy question.

nickdymez
08-22-2011, 01:38 PM
You spent all that time attacking my integrity only to prove how little you know about stats, quite simply nobody is dumb enough to rate rebounders outside of the team context.

Again your bias is clear, your animosity is noted, I don't care, you don't think I've heard my fair share of criticism or praise? Move on, you can think what you want, your wrong but I won't stop you from making a fool of yourself.

You didn't understand a word i said.. lol @ my "bias" when you are in the minority of your stance in this thread. Have a good day sir.

Chronz
08-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Lol minority? Sorry bro but the consensus is that Bron is the superior player with the brighter future, not just amongst execs, statisticians, media and coaches but even among our very own who just voted him among the very best while Wade has yet to be elected.

And you can pretend the point flew over my head but the sad truth is anyone with any semblance of statistical savvy knows just how fruitless your statistical example was.

nickdymez
08-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Lol minority? Sorry bro but the consensus is that Bron is the superior player with the brighter future, not just amongst execs, statisticians, media and coaches but even among our very own who just voted him among the very best while Wade has yet to be elected.

And you can pretend the point flew over my head but the sad truth is anyone with any semblance of statistical savvy knows just how fruitless your statistical example was.

No, im sorry Chief, but i said your amongst the minority in this thread, meaning the topic of this thread.. Slow down brooooo and pay attention.

uprightciti
08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
the answer is no

if you trade lbj for howard there is bosh
that dont work

wade and bosh plus some guys would have won them a chip ad theres heart strapped to that ****

lets face it
lbj should have stuck with cleavland
and even if they sucked they would have got a good pick and prolly still have packaged mo for some new pieces

he cursed himself

Chronz
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
No, im sorry Chief, but i said your amongst the minority in this thread, meaning the topic of this thread.. Slow down brooooo and pay attention.

Lmfao refer to my original post, in it I describe that the team would be better off with Dwight. "Pay attention" indeed.

nickdymez
08-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Lmfao refer to my original post, in it I describe that the team would be better off with Dwight. "Pay attention" indeed.

Then why are we bickering if i said the same thing you did? Weird huh?

MJ-BULLS
08-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Everybody has their own opinions, but I think if they were to trade Lebron for Howard the heat will be improved by a slight margin in my opinion. This is all fantasy talk, even though I don't see this trade happening ever, I still think that the combination of Wade, James, Bosh, deserve more time to gel and see what they are capable of doing in the years to come.