PDA

View Full Version : Keep The HEAT Out Your Mouth, Your Airness!

Dade County
08-19-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/michael-jordan-airs-andrew-bogut-issue/story-e6frf9if-1226117678752

He/They, can name any other team out their, but Miami is always the scapegoat... smh

Dallas (look at their F'in pay roll) $$$$$
L.A
NY (now & again)
etc...

How is the league really going to do this:confused:

sep11ie
08-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Keep this in the heat forum.

Evolution23
08-19-2011, 01:43 PM
What does Andrew Bogut have to do with the Heat?

sep11ie
08-19-2011, 01:46 PM
^just a typical new "heat fan" being what they are...

smith&wesson
08-19-2011, 01:58 PM
well he is right.

Slug3
08-19-2011, 03:21 PM
I still think the owners dont get it. Installing a hard cap is not going to fully do away with big market teams getting better FA. I mean if LA has 3 million to spend and Minny has 3 million to spend. Why wouldnt the FA go to LA?

Cal827
08-19-2011, 03:27 PM
This is going to become a bait thread... but he has a valid point... Teams like Miami aren't the reason for this lockout (except for some hurt owners like Gilbert).

haggis
08-19-2011, 03:28 PM
I think you should take your own advice and keep the Heat out of your mouth.

juno10
08-19-2011, 03:31 PM
isn't miami a small market team themselves.

RZZZA
08-19-2011, 03:33 PM
I think a hard cap would greatly benefit the entire NBA. It would have to be a gradually implemented hard cap though, give teams a few seasons to get under it.

rapjuicer06
08-19-2011, 03:34 PM
I think a hard cap would greatly benefit the entire NBA. It would have to be a gradually implemented hard cap though, give teams a few seasons to get under it.

Kinda like the NFL

blahblahyoutoo
08-19-2011, 04:57 PM
I still think the owners dont get it. Installing a hard cap is not going to fully do away with big market teams getting better FA. I mean if LA has 3 million to spend and Minny has 3 million to spend. Why wouldnt the FA go to LA?

better than the reality of the current situation which is that LA has $50M to spend while small market teams have $10M (numbers made up to prove a point).

LosDoyers1
08-19-2011, 06:20 PM
The team should get rid of about 4 teams. The talent level is watered down and the smaller market teams obviously cannot compete since either players don't want to play there or they don't have enough money to sign big-time players.

Dade County
08-19-2011, 11:35 PM
The team should get rid of about 4 teams. The talent level is watered down and the smaller market teams obviously cannot compete since either players don't want to play there or they don't have enough money to sign big-time players.

You mean the league... and I agree!

Kashmir13579
08-19-2011, 11:46 PM
It would be a legitimate thread if he didn't try to make this about the Heat. Without purpose and derailed from the start.

akagiredsuns
08-20-2011, 12:01 AM
This is gonna turn into a bait thread mods. And it's not even worth putting in the NBA forum. Keep it in the Heat forum. Jordan is entitled to say what he says. OP has a lot of nerve telling Jordan to shut his mouth. Who are you to tell Mike what to say and not to say? Just trying to make a name for yourself and make some noise. Mods don't even bother keeping this joke of a thread open. 15 minutes of fame and done. Jordan keep the Heat out of your mouth. :laugh2: LOL FAIL of the day. :facepalm: IBC

apocalypse15
08-20-2011, 12:10 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/michael-jordan-airs-andrew-bogut-issue/story-e6frf9if-1226117678752

He/They, can name any other team out their, but Miami is always the scapegoat... smh

Dallas (look at their F'in pay roll) $$$$$
L.A
NY (now & again)
etc...

How is the league really going to do this:confused:

In Jordan's quotes HE never said anything about Miami Heat, the writer of the article did. Also he is correct, you are incorrect. You have to realize that lets say the Bobcats signed the players the Heat did, they would be in the limelight just as much as the Heat are now and would be bashed in these forums and media the same way. The Heat fans who complain about hate IMO seem to be crying out for sympathy. Jordan is right just like all of the logical thinkers out there.

The Flash
08-20-2011, 01:04 AM
In Jordan's quotes HE never said anything about Miami Heat, the writer of the article did. Also he is correct, you are incorrect. You have to realize that lets say the Bobcats signed the players the Heat did, they would be in the limelight just as much as the Heat are now and would be bashed in these forums and media the same way. The Heat fans who complain about hate IMO seem to be crying out for sympathy. Jordan is right just like all of the logical thinkers out there.

Is Jordan still rebuilding his team?

Dade County
08-20-2011, 02:07 AM
This is gonna turn into a bait thread mods. And it's not even worth putting in the NBA forum. Keep it in the Heat forum. Jordan is entitled to say what he says. OP has a lot of nerve telling Jordan to shut his mouth. Who are you to tell Mike what to say and not to say? Just trying to make a name for yourself and make some noise. Mods don't even bother keeping this joke of a thread open. 15 minutes of fame and done. Jordan keep the Heat out of your mouth. :laugh2: LOL FAIL of the day. :facepalm: IBC

15min of fame on PSD.. You've must of lost your damn mind.

And Jordan can say whatever he wants, I just thought I'll put a catchy title out their.

I'm laughing too :laugh: ... sad *** people on PSD.

I did right HE "meaning Jordan" and They "meaning the writer"... If you get it.

You and they have to realize that their are other teams out their getting free agents; and have bigger payrolls then the HEAT.

But I do understand what you are saying, I just wonder why people/media didn't care when the Lakers had the 2 best players in the league at the same time. The best damn center of are generation and the black mamba.

Trueblue2
08-20-2011, 02:48 AM
^ cause the lakers waited till after they won a title to throw a party ??

koLohe2133
08-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Jordan sure knows how to evaluate big-man talent (kwame!)

Really though OP? Kobe or anyone else on the lakers didn't guarantee multiple championships before even playing a game. The lakers didn't throw a parade before the season...Kobe and gasol weren't cracking jokes at someone's sickness...

Matter of fact, I don't think kobe has been dunked on by a Taiwanese no name....

Why don't you keep psd out your mouth?

Wilson
08-20-2011, 08:02 AM

I think it depends just as much on how the organisation is run. With no disrespect to San Antonio and Detroit, they're clearly not big markets. But we've seen players sign in those cities when the team is being run well and has a clear sense of direction.

Likewise, before Amare and Carmelo, what players did New York - the biggest market in the world - attract?

I think the most important things are a hard cap and revenue sharing. Then it's up to the owners and GMs to run their teams with clear long term goals, instead of signing random players every summer that don't fit into any real strategy.

Law25
08-20-2011, 09:32 AM
I think it depends just as much on how the organisation is run. With no disrespect to San Antonio and Detroit, they're clearly not big markets. But we've seen players sign in those cities when the team is being run well and has a clear sense of direction.

Likewise, before Amare and Carmelo, what players did New York - the biggest market in the world - attract?

I think the most important things are a hard cap and revenue sharing. Then it's up to the owners and GMs to run their teams with clear long term goals, instead of signing random players every summer that don't fit into any real strategy.

I agree 100% with this.

utahjazzno12fan
08-20-2011, 09:34 AM

Actually I can't think of a superstar who has signed with San Antonio or Detroit. It seems good role players but not stars. Maybe I am missing someone, but they built themselves through drafts and trades.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2011, 09:43 AM
teh hard cap wont help the bad markets.

On the contrary it may sink them further.

Till now , the big stars, who were greedy many times decided to stay in the bad market due to them being able to offer one more year of contract and 10% more money each year.

If you stabilksh a hard cap, players iwll get MORE conscius that since there is not tha tmuch money flying around LEGACY is more important.
As in, If my team can onl offer me 5 million , welll then id rateh rtake the 3 from a team that can win a ring.

Add to this that if theres a hard cap , for a player it may much more sense going to NY or LA and earning a 2 million contract and then 20 million from sponsorships than stay in say Minessotta and get a 10 million contract and 2 million in sponsrhips.

meloman1592
08-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Put this in the heat forum...no1 else cares

Wilson
08-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Actually I can't think of a superstar who has signed with San Antonio or Detroit. It seems good role players but not stars. Maybe I am missing someone, but they built themselves through drafts and trades.

Maybe not superstars but they did combine to win five championships with smart and patient signings, plus good drafts and trades like you said.

naps
08-20-2011, 10:53 AM
What a ****ed up title! This could be a good thread but the OP destroyed the thread and made it a Heat bait-fest with the stupid title.

beasted86
08-20-2011, 01:25 PM
A hard cap doesn't help small market teams any... let me explain why...

Most of the small market teams are already operating at a low cap number. Let's say tomorrow the NBA and Union agree to the very same $58M soft salary cap from last season as the hard cap. Well newsflash... teams like the Cavaliers, Thunder, Kings, and so forth STILL lost money operating under that $58M number. So I really don't see how this changes anything unless the hard cap is mind boggling low, like the $40M range which we all know nobody will agree to.

So anyone care to explain how small market teams will suddenly make a profit just because the high priced teams are now operating under less?

Fans seem to think owners care about parity more than profit.

Dade County
08-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Jordan sure knows how to evaluate big-man talent (kwame!)

Really though OP? Kobe or anyone else on the lakers didn't guarantee multiple championships before even playing a game. The lakers didn't throw a parade before the season...Kobe and gasol weren't cracking jokes at someone's sickness...

Matter of fact, I don't think kobe has been dunked on by a Taiwanese no name....

WTf does this have to do with anything:confused: Why are you bringing this up? This has nothing to do with the article.... GO TO SLEEP:facepalm:

Why don't you keep psd out your mouth?

Good one :D

What a ****ed up title! This could be a good thread but the OP destroyed the thread and made it a Heat bait-fest with the stupid title.

The title was just to catch people attention (just being different)

I am not mad a MJ or about people hating on the HEAT. Just thought people would like to read the article

JWO35
08-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Put a hard cap & add a Franchise Tag...problem solved

theheatles
08-20-2011, 04:32 PM
revenue sharing is 100% the #1 issue and that has nothing to do with the players....jordan is a dick for mentioning only the heat as a team that's always signing big free agents

Cubby
08-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Quit fully capitalizing Heat. It's getting annoying and it's obvious that you feel that you're superior by doing so.

Kyle N.
08-21-2011, 04:52 AM

The Miami area has about as much people as Toronto.

topdog
08-21-2011, 07:15 AM
15min of fame on PSD.. You must of lost your damn mind.

And Jordan can say whatever he wants, I just thought I'd (or "I'll put a...") put a catchy title out their.

I'm laughing too :laugh: ... sad *** people on PSD.

I did write "HE" meaning Jordan and "They" meaning the writer... If you get it.

You and they have to realize that their are other teams out their getting free agents; and have bigger payrolls then the HEAT.

But I do understand what you are saying, I just wonder why people/media didn't care when the Lakers had the 2 best players in the league at the same time. The best damn center of our generation and the black mamba.

Spell/Grammar check.

JasonJohnHorn
08-21-2011, 04:00 PM
The most important thing Jordan mentioned in that article was revenue sharing. The league has to go with the NFL platform and start having the owners pool their revenue together and split it up equally between the teams, that way the teams all have the same resources for building a team and can all profit. Hard cap is a bad idea because it limits teams. The soft cap, the way it is right now, is a great system, the only problem is the OWNERS haven't used it wisely. They've been foolish and have done everything to get around the cap and increase their pay-rolls without increasing their revenue.

I'm starting to think that since the league average is 5 mil, every player should just go with 5 mil a season. Let the big names earn their extra money through endorsements and settle up with a standard pay for all players, the same way we do it on the factory floor. People might jump down my throat about that one, but I think its a good idea.

WadeKobe
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM

The league is already ruined. I've said this in a few threads. Contraction is the only thing that will make it better. There is just not very much talent. Currently there is no way to field 32 decent teams, and there isn't even enough talent to field 15 good ones. It's pathetic.

A hard cap will only water down the product (competition), by having teams like the 76ers now competing with other teams like the 76ers now. No one will be able to build a team as good as the Detroit bad boys, the 90s Bulls, the Showtime Lakers, Shaq's Lakers, the Big 3 in Boston, the Big 3 in Miami.

Fans want to see that type of talent playing together. A hard cap will make that impossible and will water down the product the fans receive at the same price. Eventually, the fans will lose interest.

Contraction is the only answer.

WadeKobe
08-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Quit fully capitalizing Heat. It's getting annoying and it's obvious that you feel that you're superior by doing so.

We are, in fact, superior... soooo....

gaughan333
08-21-2011, 04:42 PM
teh hard cap wont help the bad markets.

On the contrary it may sink them further.

Till now , the big stars, who were greedy many times decided to stay in the bad market due to them being able to offer one more year of contract and 10% more money each year.

If you stabilksh a hard cap, players iwll get MORE conscius that since there is not tha tmuch money flying around LEGACY is more important.
As in, If my team can onl offer me 5 million , welll then id rateh rtake the 3 from a team that can win a ring.

Add to this that if theres a hard cap , for a player it may much more sense going to NY or LA and earning a 2 million contract and then 20 million from sponsorships than stay in say Minessotta and get a 10 million contract and 2 million in sponsrhips.

Were you still drunk?

gaughan333
08-21-2011, 04:49 PM

This makes you seem like a *******

Cal827
08-21-2011, 04:53 PM

So I guess the MAVERICKS should be bolded an underlined (at least for this year) lol :D

I do agree that revenue sharing is the main problem here... If teams like LA would share some of the money they generate from things like TV deals, then some of the other small market franchises would be ok.. Look at the NFL, the reason that teams like Buffalo haven't gone underground (10+ years of terrible teams, missed playoffs in a parity league) is because the big franchises have to share around the wealth (New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh etc).

The owners are fighting on two sides, one against the players and when that's dealt with, there will be fighting within themselves. We are probably going to lose a year, because they won't budge within themselves.

It's quite sad... these idiots were offering max or close to max deals to guys like Eddie Curry and many others... they knew the potential risks (even if Curry did play to his potential, you had to take into consideration the risks of injury, like Curry's heart problems).

gaughan333
08-21-2011, 05:03 PM
You throw 20 million at rashard lewis and wonder why you're losing money

3mikee_
08-21-2011, 05:05 PM

how on earth is miami a small market team?!

Tuck&Rolle
08-21-2011, 05:06 PM
If you make a hard cap now wouldn't that hurt other teams from trying to do what the heat have talent wise?

JWO35
08-21-2011, 06:12 PM
If you make a hard cap now wouldn't that hurt other teams from trying to do what the heat have talent wise?

Allow them to amnesty 1 contract off their payroll would solve that problem

AsiandudePH
08-21-2011, 06:32 PM
So I guess the MAVERICKS should be bolded an underlined (at least for this year) lol :D

I do agree that revenue sharing is the main problem here... If teams like LA would share some of the money they generate from things like TV deals, then some of the other small market franchises would be ok.. Look at the NFL, the reason that teams like Buffalo haven't gone underground (10+ years of terrible teams, missed playoffs in a parity league) is because the big franchises have to share around the wealth (New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh etc).

The owners are fighting on two sides, one against the players and when that's dealt with, there will be fighting within themselves. We are probably going to lose a year, because they won't budge within themselves.

It's quite sad... these idiots were offering max or close to max deals to guys like Eddie Curry and many others... they knew the potential risks (even if Curry did play to his potential, you had to take into consideration the risks of injury, like Curry's heart problems).

I second the motion.

beasted86
08-21-2011, 07:09 PM

It actually is the Miami HEAT, but most media sources and fans (including me often) don't type it like that. The majority of publications by the team word it as "HEAT", and has since the team started up.

MGB
08-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Why do Heat fans always forget to turn off caps lock before they type the name of their favorite tem?

Kyle N.
08-21-2011, 10:47 PM
The league is already ruined. I've said this in a few threads. Contraction is the only thing that will make it better. There is just not very much talent. Currently there is no way to field 32 decent teams, and there isn't even enough talent to field 15 good ones. It's pathetic.

A hard cap will only water down the product (competition), by having teams like the 76ers now competing with other teams like the 76ers now. No one will be able to build a team as good as the Detroit bad boys, the 90s Bulls, the Showtime Lakers, Shaq's Lakers, the Big 3 in Boston, the Big 3 in Miami.

Fans want to see that type of talent playing together. A hard cap will make that impossible and will water down the product the fans receive at the same price. Eventually, the fans will lose interest.

Contraction is the only answer.

The NBA only has 30 teams (just a book keeping note). What really needs to happen is the cap being lowered and a cut in the player's salaries. Then a hard cap actually makes sense. And for the people who complain and say the Heat wouldn't be able to keep the big 3 because they would be over the hard cap, I say that you take the proportion of every player's current salary to the current cap and adjust that for the new cap so each player has a hypothetical salary that is actually lower while still getting their guaranteed money for the rest of their contract. And when it comes time to resign and all that, the players will assume the new lower salaries as to not go over the cap. I think that's a step in the right direction.

Tony_Starks
08-22-2011, 06:51 PM

It seems like this would be such a simple concept to get but for some reason people still can't comprehend it. It's like they think a hard cap will make players just say "well, lets forget about LA, MIA, NY and start looking at Utah and Indianna!"

Kyle N.
08-22-2011, 08:01 PM
It seems like this would be such a simple concept to get but for some reason people still can't comprehend it. It's like they think a hard cap will make players just say "well, lets forget about LA, MIA, NY and start looking at Utah and Indianna!"

That's not what they're saying. They're saying the big market teams won't be able to overspend by going over the cap and paying a luxury tax which the smaller market teams can't afford to do. Minnesota is still going to have more cap room than LA, but maybe they can't pay the luxury tax like LA can. With a hard cap, all the teams can only spend the same amount, but with a soft cap the big market teams can spend a little more.

Tony_Starks
08-22-2011, 08:38 PM
That's not what they're saying. They're saying the big market teams won't be able to overspend by going over the cap and paying a luxury tax which the smaller market teams can't afford to do. Minnesota is still going to have more cap room than LA, but maybe they can't pay the luxury tax like LA can. With a hard cap, all the teams can only spend the same amount, but with a soft cap the big market teams can spend a little more.

Well what they proposed is a supposed "soft cap" which would be a certain cap, say 55million, then a certain threshold allowed over that and then an a actual hard cap ceiling.

But at the end of the day no matter what they do you can't stop a Miami situation. If the players want to come there's plenty of ways to strucure deals where they will still get theirs. Plus people forget the big 3 took less money to play together so there's absolutely no stopping that. Big cities will always have the advantage and small markets will have to be smart and have less margin for error.

Kyle N.
08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Well what they proposed is a supposed "soft cap" which would be a certain cap, say 55million, then a certain threshold allowed over that and then an a actual hard cap ceiling.

But at the end of the day no matter what they do you can't stop a Miami situation. If the players want to come there's plenty of ways to strucure deals where they will still get theirs. Plus people forget the big 3 took less money to play together so there's absolutely no stopping that. Big cities will always have the advantage and small markets will have to be smart and have less margin for error.

I don't think they're trying to stop a Miami situation. And what Miami did was perfectly fine. Unrestricted free agents should be allowed to go where they want to go and if they want to take less money, all the power to them. Making a system that stops players from trying to play together on big market teams would honestly be unfair. All the league is trying to do is to make the amount each team can spend the same. This stops the big market teams from spending more and having that much more of an advantage. Big market teams already have an advantage of being in a big market, they just shouldn't be allowed to spend more.

WadeKobe
08-22-2011, 10:13 PM
This makes you seem like a *******

It's called having some fun and joking around.

WadeKobe
08-22-2011, 10:14 PM
how on earth is miami a small market team?!

Because they're a smaller market than Cleveland! :eyebrow:

http://www.proadvance.com/topmediamarkets.html

WadeKobe
08-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Why do Heat fans always forget to turn off caps lock before they type the name of their favorite tem?

Because we are gods, and our Logo is all-caps! :D

Tony_Starks
08-22-2011, 10:44 PM
I don't think they're trying to stop a Miami situation. And what Miami did was perfectly fine. Unrestricted free agents should be allowed to go where they want to go and if they want to take less money, all the power to them. Making a system that stops players from trying to play together on big market teams would honestly be unfair. All the league is trying to do is to make the amount each team can spend the same. This stops the big market teams from spending more and having that much more of an advantage. Big market teams already have an advantage of being in a big market, they just shouldn't be allowed to spend more.

Big spenders like the Lakers and Dallas are good for the league because they provide a huge portion of the revenue for the nba. The league could care less about the small teams if they did they would share gate and TV revenues like the NFL so the Grizzlies of the world would benefit from say a NY who just doubled their ticket prices or LA who just signed a huge TV deal. But they don't want to do that, they want the best of both worlds.

Don't let the smooth taste fool you, at the end of the day the owners know they've been irresponsible and they want the players to pick up the tab.

Kyle N.
08-24-2011, 01:15 AM
because we are gods, and our logo is all-caps! :d

Most of the team's logos are in all caps!