PDA

View Full Version : If the Heat win it next season

douglas
08-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Hypothetically, let's say that due to the lockout, the season was shortened to around 50 games, and then the Heat won the championship. Does it make the championship less glorious for the Big 3? Will fans still hate on Lebron or will he finally get respect for winning a ring?

RZZZA
08-19-2011, 12:49 AM
Hypothetically, let's say that due to the lockout, the season was shortened to around 50 games, and then the Heat won the championship. Does it make the championship less glorious for the Big 3? Will fans still hate on Lebron or will he finally get respect for winning a ring?

No it doesn't make the championship less glorious, yes Lebron will finally get respect.

Baller1
08-19-2011, 12:53 AM
A championship is a championship...

kjoke
08-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Theres alot of 'ifs' in yor question, but to answer your question i hope we win it, and i hope it gives the three a new-found respect

gaughan333
08-19-2011, 01:09 AM
I will give lebron respect if he plays well? If they win despite him disappearing then no, I wont give him respect. To answer your question though, I think a shortened season would actually hurt them (youngish/athletic team)

TheRunKiller
08-19-2011, 01:11 AM
No it doesn't make the championship less glorious, yes Lebron will finally get respect.

Only if he actually shows up. if they win it because of Wade, then he'll get no respect from me.

Kashmir13579
08-19-2011, 01:17 AM

Not from me - ever.

gaughan333
08-19-2011, 01:23 AM
Not from me - ever.

I can see how a lot of people will feel like this because he teamed up with the best. However, very few players win on their own anymore. As a self admitted lebron hater I will say that if he wins and plays well (this is the most important for me) I will give him credit.

Chacarron
08-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Does it really matter? If they win on a shortened season, who cares, they still won it.

naps
08-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Not from me - ever.

Yeah, makes sense since he didn't pick NY :rolleyes:

RZZZA
08-19-2011, 01:32 AM
championship winners get respect from people..thats just how it is. Look at how controversy bounces off Wade. He's like the teflon man.

barreleffact
08-19-2011, 01:39 AM
The length of the season is almost irrelevant. No one discredits the spurs, but Lebron has already lost too much over the years of playing small in the playoffs to glorify his reputation. He will need multiple rings to validate himself IMO especially because the only ones that will respect him more probably already are lovers of his game anyway.

knicks_champ
08-19-2011, 01:52 AM
They win, it's fair. Gotta give respect when earned.

PURPLEBLOOD28
08-19-2011, 02:15 AM
still can't believe all this LeBron hate. He went to a team to win instead of taking the money. If it was anybody else that did this they would be getting praised instead of ridiculed. Give the man a break....damn

PURPLEBLOOD28
08-19-2011, 02:21 AM
The length of the season is almost irrelevant. No one discredits the spurs, but Lebron has already lost too much over the years of playing small in the playoffs to glorify his reputation. He will need multiple rings to validate himself IMO especially because the only ones that will respect him more probably already are lovers of his game anyway.

Don't have to be a lover of his game. I'm not a fan of his, but I still realize he's one of the best, if not the best in the game right now. Most people don't like him as a person but if you can't respect his game then you really don't know **** about basketball.

RZZZA
08-19-2011, 02:22 AM
still can't believe all this LeBron hate. He went to a team to win instead of taking the money. If it was anybody else that did this they would be getting praised instead of ridiculed. Give the man a break....damn

this crazy myth has got to DIE. People act like Lebron is playing for minimum wage.

He signed a $110 MILLION 6 year contract. The money he "gave up" is just $15 million. Whats $15 million to a guy making $110 million?

justOmazing
08-19-2011, 02:25 AM
No matter what, people will always criticize a championship that is won during a shortened season (for Lebron), just simply because of who he is... the only way he could ever close the mouths of the critics is to "actually show up" during the BIG moment for a change and win a championship during a full season.

justOmazing
08-19-2011, 02:28 AM
this crazy myth has got to DIE. People act like Lebron is playing for minimum wage.

He signed a $110 MILLION 6 year contract. The money he "gave up" is just $15 million. Whats $15 million to a guy making $110 million?

And anticipating 10's... even 100's of millions in endorsements for his role in the BIG THREE. The money he made in marketing, merchandise and public appearances just by being in that trio alone surpassed anything he could have made somewhere else.

LakersMaster24
08-19-2011, 02:44 AM

You are acting like he took a couple of bucks just to have a chance to win. Insted of getting 20 million a year somewhere else, he got 16million a year...4millio difference? lol Dont forget how much money he earned from his new #6 Heat jersey.

3ballbomber
08-19-2011, 02:55 AM
The only real way Lebron will gain respect is if he wins multiple ships & not just actually show up in those titles but dominate!

1 ring in a shortened season won't cut it, not even close!

LakersMaster24
08-19-2011, 03:30 AM
To be honest, people gotta let of this "What if the Heat win..." "What if the Heat dont win?...", this topic is already very boring. There are 29 other teams in this league. The world does not revolve around the Heat.

If they win it? Good for them

They dont win? Oh well, maybe next season.

smith&wesson
08-19-2011, 03:39 AM
he needs to win more then one ring to fill his own shoes. no hate. i kinda asume that lebron retires with atleast 2 rings.

Cal827
08-19-2011, 03:45 AM
It wouldn't matter to me, I don't have anything against them joining up when they had the opportunity... It's not like they forced their way out of their respective teams by playing half-assed then demanding a trade (E.g. Like Vince Carter's departure here).... Congratulations to Lebron, Wade, Bosh and co, as well as the Heat fans.... If/When they do.. I mean I can understand some of the hate for Lebron (as he left Cleveland pretty badly, and since about 28.9% of this forum are hardcore Bulls/Knicks/Laker/Dan Gilbert homers).. but I mean these guys decided to join together to go for it all. Would Lebron have won an NBA Title in Cleveland any day soon? Probably Not. Would Bosh have won in Toronto? HELL NO! It's funny seeing some people who keep using the "NBA titles" argument when comparing one player with another, yet fail to understand the formation of the Big 3 lol.

I would guess the hate for Lebron would reduce though... since he would prove that although it was asinine to broadcast it like he did, he made the correct decison.

Foye
08-19-2011, 04:14 AM
Other question: If the Timberwolves win the championship next season will David Kahn be considered the goat GM?:facepalm:

OlivaThor
08-19-2011, 04:26 AM
No, because douchebags will tell Lebron 1 : Kobe 5, or LeQueen sucks without Wade and Bosh, or he canīt win in regular long season.. Haters will ever hate

dodie53
08-19-2011, 05:53 AM
winning is winning.
so,
yes.

SteBO
08-19-2011, 08:56 AM

You are acting like he took a couple of bucks just to have a chance to win. Insted of getting 20 million a year somewhere else, he got 16million a year...4millio difference? lol Dont forget how much money he earned from his new #6 Heat jersey.
You're points are valid, but fact still remains that he took less money when talking contracts. It's not a myth, just sayin'.

Daze9900
08-19-2011, 09:14 AM
You might find people that would discredit the Spurs 99 title run. You think David Robinson and some of the older players on that team didn't benefit from a shortened season? You think the Knicks make that run had they played 82? Injuries and fatigue are a part of the game and def a shortened season affects those things. Coaches and players win championships and def in a seven game series the better team wins but you can't just say a shortened season doesn't influence the outcome of a season or playoffs because it can. Anyways I won't be acknowledging quit james until he wins "not one, not three not four not five not six not seven, multiple."

LongIslandIcedZ
08-19-2011, 09:14 AM
The Heat dont really strike me as a team that will get hated on less if they win. 3 superstars came together to make winning easier. It's not like a player signing with a good team in the twilight of his career in order to finally get a ring. 3 players, in their prime, came together to win multiple rings.

It's not like if say the Jets won the Superbowl, a lot of haters will quiet down because Rex Ryan went out and did what he said he was gonna do.

Thats just my take on it, I could be way off base with the general consensus of the Forum.

kdspurman
08-19-2011, 09:16 AM
If you ask Phil Jackson he'd put an asterisks next to it.... lol but a championship is a championship. everyone is playing a shortened season. There's no advantage for anyone

mjm07
08-19-2011, 09:48 AM
The Heat dont really strike me as a team that will get hated on less if they win. 3 superstars came together to make winning easier. It's not like a player signing with a good team in the twilight of his career in order to finally get a ring. 3 players, in their prime, came together to win multiple rings.

It's not like if say the Jets won the Superbowl, a lot of haters will quiet down because Rex Ryan went out and did what he said he was gonna do.
Thats just my take on it, I could be way off base with the general consensus of the Forum.

Whats the difference with Ryan saying every year since he's been the headcoach saying they will win the Superbowl and Lebron saying they should win not 6 not 7 not 8 "ships?

Yes, lebron went (way) overboard but so has Ryan. However, i don't hate that ( and I absolutetly hate the Jets) but I respect their coach even though he's arrogant and outspoken( like lebron) regardles if they win the 'ship or not b/c thats the type of mentality i want in my favorite teams players and coaches.

Also, Why wouldn't haters quite down with the Heat if they win one or two or three championships?

Don't wry i'll answer this. B/c haters will hate and b/c NY/CHI/CLE fans will always hate that he turned them down for the Heat regardless if Heat wins not 6, not 7, not 8 championship. I'm speaking in general. I understand not all aformentioned fans dont see it this way. But the majority do.

The Heat/Lebron will still be hated even if they win it all next year and even if Lebron dominates. Maybe just not as much.

PHXfanCRO
08-19-2011, 09:56 AM
A championship is a championship...

this

LongIslandIcedZ
08-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Whats the difference with Ryan saying every year since he's been the headcoach saying they will win the Superbowl and Lebron saying they should win not 6 not 7 not 8 "ships?

Yes, lebron went (way) overboard but so has Ryan. However, i don't hate that ( and I absolutetly hate the Jets) but I respect their coach even though he's arrogant and outspoken( like lebron) regardles if they win the 'ship or not b/c thats the type of mentality i want in my favorite teams players and coaches.

Also, Why wouldn't haters quite down with the Heat if they win one or two or three championships?

Don't wry i'll answer this. B/c haters will hate and b/c NY/CHI/CLE fans will always hate that he turned them down for the Heat regardless if Heat wins not 6, not 7, not 8 championship. I'm speaking in general. I understand not all aformentioned fans dont see it this way. But the majority do.

The Heat/Lebron will still be hated even if they win it all next year and even if Lebron dominates. Maybe just not as much.

Do I hate Lebron for not coming to Knicks? No its a sport, I strongly dislike the decision he made, but thats just personal bias. Personally I wouldn't have given have a **** if he went to Chicago or Cleveland, but thats neither here nor there. What I really dislike is the process he went about doing it. I dont not want the Heat to win because Lebron didn't pick the Knicks, I want the Heat to lose because I feel LeBron took the easy way out, that is the only reason. 3 of the top players in the NBA coming together to run the league is something that I dont like.

Maybe a lot of fans would get off the Heat's case if they won a ring, but personally I wouldnt. And the only area I compare LeBron to Rex Ryan is their ego's. But perhap's this is just my personal bias coming out.

mjm07
08-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Do I hate Lebron for not coming to Knicks? No its a sport, I strongly dislike the decision he made, but thats just personal bias. Personally I wouldn't have given have a **** if he went to Chicago or Cleveland, but thats neither here nor there. What I really dislike is the process he went about doing it. I dont not want the Heat to win because Lebron didn't pick the Knicks, I want the Heat to lose because I feel LeBron took the easy way out, that is the only reason. 3 of the top players in the NBA coming together to run the league is something that I dont like.

Maybe a lot of fans would get off the Heat's case if they won a ring, but personally I wouldnt. And the only area I compare LeBron to Rex Ryan is their ego's. But perhap's this is just my personal bias coming out.

I strongly agree. If Wade did that to the Heat i'd be as pissed as Cavs fan were. I can't even front on that.

Having said that, and I'm just assuming your a Knicks fan so correct me if i'm wrong, what is the different with the Knicks bringing on Stat and Melo, arguably top 3 players in their respective position in the league and going after C. Paul, D. Williams, D Howard, or any other superstar? Will you like ur team less? i highly doubt it.

I'm just saying, not attacking.

mttwlsn16
08-19-2011, 10:21 AM
lebron is a loser, not a winner.
heat arent winning ****

LongIslandIcedZ
08-19-2011, 10:42 AM
I strongly agree. If Wade did that to the Heat i'd be as pissed as Cavs fan were. I can't even front on that.

Having said that, and I'm just assuming your a Knicks fan so correct me if i'm wrong, what is the different with the Knicks bringing on Stat and Melo, arguably top 3 players in their respective position in the league and going after C. Paul, D. Williams, D Howard, or any other superstar? Will you like ur team less? i highly doubt it.

I'm just saying, not attacking.

I am a Knick fan. It's hard to say now, since the Heat have already done their big 3. If they never teamed up, would the Knicks have still tried to make this super team? Who knows. I now see this as the Knicks just trying to keep up with the curve of what the NBA is becoming. I would absolutely never expect the Knicks to get Carmelo, Amare, and Chris Paul had the Heat not created their big 3. I always try to support my team no matter what they do, but I would completely understand if other fans hated the Knicks due to creating a super team. I guess in the end I just see it as the Knicks trying to compete with the elite teams in the NBA. Could the Knicks big three been their plan since before the Heat? Possibly. But I think it became a much more feasible plan, since the new Heat were made. I do want to make it clear that I dislike Lebron because the best player on the planet took the competitively easy way out.

barreleffact
08-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Don't have to be a lover of his game. I'm not a fan of his, but I still realize he's one of the best, if not the best in the game right now. Most people don't like him as a person but if you can't respect his game then you really don't know **** about basketball.

Lebron is arguably the best in the game very easily, but he has been so coddled and you can see it in his game. His game has not changed since joining the heat, he hasn't had to sacrifice and after years of quitting on a team built to inflate his stats he continued to quit this season. That (and his non elite jumper) are the reasons why i struggle to call him the best in the game definitively. Regardless, he wont get added respect for winning after years of quitting and signing with another person's team. He will need multiples IMO to gain some credit.

beasted86
08-19-2011, 11:10 AM

It's $20M. 6yr $130M was his max.

And even if.... "just" $15M? That's more than he made this past season ($14.5). All 3 of Wade, Bosh, and LeBron have to be given some credit for taking less, even if you don't like them.

They did it so we could sign Miller, Haslem, and Joel Anthony.

Shmontaine
08-19-2011, 11:13 AM

You're points are valid, but fact still remains that he took less money when talking contracts. It's not a myth, just sayin'.

I would just like to clear up this right now... please look at the following quote/link

But James, it appears, had done his homework on the tax implications.

In addition to the basketball reasons for signing with the Heat, James is going to walk away from this deal with less money in his contract but more money in his pocket. This is because Florida offers a number of tax advantages over New York -- a fact that hasn't gone unnoticed in the tax world.

Assuming that James took just under $17 million from the Heat (which is probably pretty close to accurate), he would pay no state income tax, leaving him with the same $17 million. If he had gone to New York, even if he nabbed an additional $1.5 million (as the salary difference has been speculated), he would shell out close to $1.7 million in New York state taxes.
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/07/09/did-saving-25-million-taxes-fuel-lebron-james-miami-heat-pick/

Lebron did take less money on his contract, but he really MADE more money (net) by signing with the heat... there was no 'giving back' any money.. no 'sacrifice' to win a championship... the only way he could've made more money was by signing a full max contract with the heat.. any other team was at a disadvantage based on the taxes of florida... please stop saying he took a pay cut to play with the heat... he's making more money than he could've with any other team...

mjm07
08-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Lebron is arguably the best in the game very easily, but he has been so coddled and you can see it in his game. His game has not changed since joining the heat, he hasn't had to sacrifice and after years of quitting on a team built to inflate his stats he continued to quit this season. That (and his non elite jumper) are the reasons why i struggle to call him the best in the game definitively. Regardless, he wont get added respect for winning after years of quitting and signing with another person's team. He will need multiples IMO to gain some credit.

You begin by saying that Lebron is "very easily" the best in the game. Then you struggle to call him the best b/c of his "non elite jump shot. the very same "non elite jumper" that he used to eliminate both Celtics/Bulls this year. Does that count as quitting too? Then you call him a quitter "for years" (which is absolutely asinine btw )

Look, as a heat fan, Lebron absolutely choked in the finals. Dissapointed many of us. Did he quit? i have no clue but wouldn't go that far as say he did. I simply felt he was overwelmed and he choked. Lots of Credit must be given to the Mavs D. But again lets be honest the kind of physical tools Lebron has, NO ONE can guard him. The heat should've won and they didn't and majority of the fault lands on him. But saying he's been quit for years is simply ridiculous. The man has pride, that is something we all know. Give him a break.

But thats youre opinion. haters will ALWAYS hate regardless if Lebron wins a/or multiple "ships or not.

SteBO
08-19-2011, 11:16 AM
I would just like to clear up this right now... please look at the following quote/link

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/07/09/did-saving-25-million-taxes-fuel-lebron-james-miami-heat-pick/

Lebron did take less money on his contract, but he really MADE more money (net) by signing with the heat... there was no 'giving back' any money.. no 'sacrifice' to win a championship... the only way he could've made more money was by signing a full max contract with the heat.. any other team was at a disadvantage based on the taxes of florida... please stop saying he took a pay cut to play with the heat... he's making more money than he could've with any other team...
Believe me, I'm not even going to doubt this because you're right on all counts. I was just saying that contractually, he took less. It would be very silly of me to deny the fact that he actually essentially did make/save more money off lack of state income tax, jersey's, etc....(all stated in the article and link you posted, didn't feel like restating it) I also never stated anything about sacrifice, though it depends on what side you refer to, business or basketball)

beasted86
08-19-2011, 11:20 AM

That article is only in the perspective of New York. California and New York have the highest state taxes.

mjm07
08-19-2011, 11:24 AM
I am a Knick fan. It's hard to say now, since the Heat have already done their big 3. If they never teamed up, would the Knicks have still tried to make this super team? Who knows. I now see this as the Knicks just trying to keep up with the curve of what the NBA is becoming. I would absolutely never expect the Knicks to get Carmelo, Amare, and Chris Paul had the Heat not created their big 3. I always try to support my team no matter what they do, but I would completely understand if other fans hated the Knicks due to creating a super team. I guess in the end I just see it as the Knicks trying to compete with the elite teams in the NBA. Could the Knicks big three been their plan since before the Heat? Possibly. But I think it became a much more feasible plan, since the new Heat were made. I do want to make it clear that I dislike Lebron because the best player on the planet took the competitively easy way out.

Thats fine dude and I understand that. A valid point( no bs ) Also, you must remember, that a lot of teams were shedding salaries to be able to obtain one, two or even three of LBJ/Wade/BOSH/Stat/Boozer.

If i'm not mistaken and i'm not overly sure, but I think the Knicks began doing this first back in '08-09 to have money readily avail for that FA summer. The heat and other teams (CHI, NJ) followed suite.

Shmontaine
08-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Believe me, I'm not even going to doubt this because you're right on all counts. I was just saying that contractually, he took less. It would be very silly of me to deny the fact that he actually essentially did make/save more money off lack of state income tax, jersey's, etc....(all stated in the article and link you posted, didn't feel like restating it) I also never stated anything about sacrifice, though it depends on what side you refer to, business or basketball)

i know what your saying, but the implication of that statement (he took less) is he could've made more by signing elsewhere, and that simply isn't the case... that's why everyone compares euroleague contracts to nba by saying, "the team pays your taxes, so making half in the contract is really the same thing as playing in the nba"... what matters to everyone is the 'net' value of anything... and lebron netted more by signing with the heat... more than any other team could possibly match... this move was just as much about money as it was championships... too many people try to act like he gave up money he could've earned elsewhere to play with the heat, and that's wrong...

Shmontaine
08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
That article is only in the perspective of New York. California and New York have the highest state taxes.

okay man... where was he going to sign?? ohio?? please, that was never a 'real' option... he was going to a high tax state if he wasn't going to miami...

beasted86
08-19-2011, 11:40 AM
okay man... where was he going to sign?? ohio?? please, that was never a 'real' option... he was going to a high tax state if he wasn't going to miami...

No, New York, New Jersey, and California are higher than every other option. All 3 are 9% or more, that's my point. By contrast Chicago is only 3%, Ohio was 6%.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-19-2011, 11:40 AM
[/B]

Thats fine dude and I understand that. A valid point( no bs ) Also, you must remember, that a lot of teams were shedding salaries to be able to obtain one, two or even three of LBJ/Wade/BOSH/Stat/Boozer.

If i'm not mistaken and i'm not overly sure, but I think the Knicks began doing this first back in '08-09 to have money readily avail for that FA summer. The heat and other teams (CHI, NJ) followed suite.

I believe that all the teams were creating space to bring in two max free agents. The fact that I believe all three of them took pay cuts in order to play together, sheds some negative light on the competitive integrity of the game (in my opinion of course). If the Knicks created a big 3 I would absolutely support them, but I would completely understand where other fans would be coming from a competitive standpoint. I would much rather each team have a star, and teams build around their stars with role players. I enjoy parity and dont like that the league is seemingly becoming an 8 team league.

Da Knicks
08-19-2011, 11:41 AM

I believe Kash was one of the knicks posters that didnt want lebron.

As far as the question a chip is a chip and Lebron would get credit.

beasted86
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
[/B]

Actually the Knicks followed the Heat.

Miami has been planning for 2010 from since 2005. From the date they signed Shaq to expire in 2005, none of the players they'd signed or traded for since then got a contract going past 2010.

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Cant take away a championship. It wouldnt be fair to not recognize if they win next year. No one took away credit from the Spurs 99 title. But everyone liked Robinson and the Spurs. Being a Mavs fan I hope they do not win, but if they do, Ill give them credit. LeBron will never get the full respect bc his mouth and actions get him in trouble. LeBron be quite, develop a post game and an all around game, then maybe you'll get some respect.

RZZZA
08-19-2011, 11:57 AM
It's $20M. 6yr $130M was his max.

And even if.... "just" $15M? That's more than he made this past season ($14.5). All 3 of Wade, Bosh, and LeBron have to be given some credit for taking less, even if you don't like them.

They did it so we could sign Miller, Haslem, and Joel Anthony.

I don't understand why I'm supposed to praise a multi multi multi multi multi millionaire for taking a few million dollar less to be in a good situation. Don't players do that all the time? In NFL it happens, in NBA it happens, it happens in like every sport. Players have a preferred team, some other team offers them a few million more but they say "no, I want to stay here."

Shmontaine
08-19-2011, 12:07 PM
No, New York, New Jersey, and California are higher than every other option. All 3 are 9% or more, that's my point. By contrast Chicago is only 3%, Ohio was 6%.

new jersey is moving to brookly in a year now... so that's mute..

chicago raised to 5% this year, and they have the highest sales tax in the country...

even so, that brings his saving from 25 million to 15... which means it's still not a loss of any income...

cleveland was never an option.. we all know that now... actually, miami was probably the only real option all along..

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't understand why I'm supposed to praise a multi multi multi multi multi millionaire for taking a few million dollar less to be in a good situation. Don't players do that all the time? In NFL it happens, in NBA it happens, it happens in like every sport. Players have a preferred team, some other team offers them a few million more but they say "no, I want to stay here."

Respect for what? They shouldve taken A LOT less so they could have a decent bench. With those salaries, they will never have "good" role players. They thought it would be a cake walk, results were inevitable...3 stars with no bench against 1 star with 14 good role players.

MackSnackWrap
08-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Bron needs 4 to 5 rings to live up to his potential and level of greatness. Which he will get imo.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2011, 01:04 PM
ask the Spurs if it still counts

Hawkeye15
08-19-2011, 01:05 PM
reading thru here, its apparent that LeBron could lead them to a ring or two, and many of you still wouldn't respect him. Who cares? When he does, that part of the equation for fans of ring holders dies in their debate on why he isn't as good as Kobe, or Wade, or anyone else for that matter. And bringing up his help is laughable. Look at the teams Kobe, MJ, Bird, Magic, or Duncan played for. Stacked. Every one of them.

TheRunKiller
08-19-2011, 01:26 PM
heat arent winning ****

says the clippers fan :laugh2:

sep11ie
08-19-2011, 01:26 PM
The thing is, LeBron just rubs people the wrong way. I've never liked him, and wouldn't even want him on the Rockets. He just reminds me of the kid in school that was really really good at sports but nobody really liked and that was the only reason anybody let him around was cause of that.

SteBO
08-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Respect for what? They shouldve taken A LOT less so they could have a decent bench. With those salaries, they will never have "good" role players. They thought it would be a cake walk, results were inevitable...3 stars with no bench against 1 star with 14 good role players.
Excuse me? You do realize Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem, when healthy at least, are as good as it gets when it comes to role players right? Even Chalmers showed he can be a good backup PG on a winning team.

Ill21
08-19-2011, 01:29 PM
I dont understand why Knicks fans talk so much **** about the Heat when our organization is doing the exact same thing. Why are Lebron and Bosh bad guys but Melo is viewed as the exact opposite...a hero that brought New York back. We will also most likely have our own "Big 3" whether its with Howard Paul or Williams. Give them a break.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Other question: If the Timberwolves win the championship next season will David Kahn be considered the goat GM?:facepalm:

On PSD, yes. lol.

SteBO
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
reading thru here, its apparent that LeBron could lead them to a ring or two, and many of you still wouldn't respect him. Who cares? When he does, that part of the equation for fans of ring holders dies in their debate on why he isn't as good as Kobe, or Wade, or anyone else for that matter. And bringing up his help is laughable. Look at the teams Kobe, MJ, Bird, Magic, or Duncan played for. Stacked. Every one of them.
Amen!

Evolution23
08-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I will give lebron respect if he plays well? If they win despite him disappearing then no, I wont give him respect. To answer your question though, I think a shortened season would actually hurt them (youngish/athletic team)

This

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Excuse me? You do realize Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem, when healthy at least, are as good as it gets when it comes to role players right? Even Chalmers showed he can be a good backup PG on a winning team.

Chalmers earned his pay, UD was no match this time around for Dirk, but still ok I guess, but Miller hasnt been healthy since his Griz days. I didnt even know he still played till he signed there. So I'll give you UD and Chalmers...but the rest, I couldnt even name..

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 01:43 PM
So let me ask Miami fans this...are the heat going to use Bosh as a scape goat over LeBron? IMO that would be unfair

SteBO
08-19-2011, 01:46 PM
So let me ask Miami fans this...are the heat going to use Bosh as a scape goat over LeBron? IMO that would be unfair
Not this time around......He actually surprised most of us with his consistent play in the playoffs, including me.

WildcatsPride
08-19-2011, 01:49 PM
A championship is a championship, even if it comes in a strike-shortened season. Tim Duncan and Jerry Rice won one of their many championship rings in a shortened season. I respect LeBron anyway, even if he is a D-Bag sometimes. I just think it's ridiculous if people still won't respect him when he finally does win a ring.

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Not this time around......He actually surprised most of us with his consistent play in the playoffs, including me.

Agreed, the reason I asked is bc after every loss, to me at least, LeBron and Wade acted as if it was just another game...very non chalant about it during post game interviews, and CB was visibly upset. Actually gave lots of props to Mavs. I felt while watching that LeBron and Wade were to proud to accept defeat, while Bosh lost like a champion should.

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 02:41 PM

His game was extremely exposed in the finals. He is very talented with altheticism, but how about actually learning how to play with a post game, a pick and roll game, a consistent three pointer, if he learns all that then will he be the best in the league, right now, not even close.

Ebbs
08-19-2011, 02:49 PM
what baller said a ring on the finger is a ring on the finger.

LAKERMANIA
08-19-2011, 02:59 PM
It kind of depends on how Lebron performs, if he performs well and wins the championship and finals MVP then his status in the GOAT list goes up tremendously..

Chronz
08-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Last I checked the 1999 Spurs are the most underrated team of the decade so yea they wouldnt get the cred they deserved

8kobe24
08-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Haters gon' hate. Hate never ends for great players, and frankly, I don't think lebron cares as long as he wins a championship.

LosDoyers1
08-19-2011, 06:24 PM
His game was extremely exposed in the finals. He is very talented with altheticism, but how about actually learning how to play with a post game, a pick and roll game, a consistent three pointer, if he learns all that then will he be the best in the league, right now, not even close.

+1. He should have developed a post game a long time ago. He also needs to be mentally tougher, but I'm not so sure you can work on that. Either you have it or you don't.

Jewelz0376
08-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Lebron better win it next year because depending on where d12 goes he might dominate the league for awhile (in terms of titles)

WildcatsPride
08-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Even if the Heat win the title next year, most people still won't give him respect. I know he's not the best person but you got to respect his game, LeBron is one of the best players in the NBA today.

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 06:40 PM
And if they do win it, it will be more bc of Wade than LeBron. Wade is still the best player on that team

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 06:41 PM
+1. He should have developed a post game a long time ago. He also needs to be mentally tougher, but I'm not so sure you can work on that. Either you have it or you don't.

Agreed, he also lacks one of the most important traits of a champion...Killer Instinct to close the game

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Even if the Heat win the title next year, most people still won't give him respect. I know he's not the best person but you got to respect his game, LeBron is one of the best players in the NBA today.

LeBron is one of the best dunkers and high flyers in the game today yes, all round player, no sir

mavsman81
08-19-2011, 06:48 PM
But if he works on his flaws and corrects them, he will be the best

JordansBulls
08-19-2011, 06:59 PM
As long as they have to win 4 series it won't matter. Now if the league started doing bye series that is a different story.

barreleffact
08-20-2011, 06:41 PM
You begin by saying that Lebron is "very easily" the best in the game. Then you struggle to call him the best b/c of his "non elite jump shot. the very same "non elite jumper" that he used to eliminate both Celtics/Bulls this year. Does that count as quitting too?

I said "ARGUABLY." He is easily very debatable as the best, but he isn't easily the best by any stretch of the imagination. That jumper that worked well against a team or two shrank when needed. He gets too jumper happy even though his jumper is only average. The Celtics, he had help to beat in D Wade. The bulls he had help to beat in D Rose.

Then you call him a quitter "for years" (which is absolutely asinine btw )

I strongly believe he shrank this year in the finals. No one should have been able to stop him, as you said, but the Mavs somehow did. He flat out quit in 2010 against the Celtics. If he had not quit, they would have won a title. 2009, he balled, and 2008, I don't remember, but 2007 he shrank against the Spurs. 6 turnovers per game is pretty bad regardless of if the final scores were close the last 2 games.

In short, Lebron has a history of coming up short. This year quitting might not be the most accurate word to describe him at first because at first I dont think he quit. At first I think it was just a mental block, but then games like the 8 point game? Yes, I think that was the sign of Im overwhelmed, I cant do this, and I quit. 8 points is inexcusable from someone of his caliber.

Look, as a heat fan, Lebron absolutely choked in the finals. Dissapointed many of us. Did he quit? i have no clue but wouldn't go that far as say he did. I simply felt he was overwelmed and he choked. Lots of Credit must be given to the Mavs D. But again lets be honest the kind of physical tools Lebron has, NO ONE can guard him. The heat should've won and they didn't and majority of the fault lands on him. But saying he's been quit for years is simply ridiculous. The man has pride, that is something we all know. Give him a break.

I will give him a break when he earns it. Hell, Kobe has some pretty ugly performances and is selfish and somehow still wins. Even when he wins, I give him a hard time for the plays that could have caused him to lose which is my biggest problem with Lebron. No matter what happens the media, fans, and himself always fail to put any blame on him. He needs to be accountable.

But thats youre opinion. haters will ALWAYS hate regardless if Lebron wins a/or multiple "ships or not.

It's funny how anyone objective is always labeled a hater. Why do I have to be a hater for acknowledging the same things you did? He shrank, he shouldn't have been stopped, and he is overly prideful to the point that it can be detrimental because it raises fear of his failures and causes him to fail. I don't like Lebron at all, but I am not a hater. When he does good, I acknowledge it.

Cal827
08-20-2011, 09:36 PM
LeBron is one of the best dunkers and high flyers in the game today yes, all round player, no sir

:facepalm: lol

TheChamp
08-20-2011, 10:00 PM

Exactly what I was gonna say! :laugh2:

gattaca
08-21-2011, 01:39 AM
a shortened season would not make a championship any "less" to me. You still have to win the same amount of playoff games, so..

kingsdelez24
11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Douglas actually had a serious post... I`m flabbergasted

koreancabbage
11-09-2012, 09:39 AM

you need to watch more games before you spew BS on that keyboard of yours. either that or you're baiting...and it worked lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
heat arent winning ****

Oh ok.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Chalmers earned his pay, UD was no match this time around for Dirk, but still ok I guess, but Miller hasnt been healthy since his Griz days. I didnt even know he still played till he signed there. So I'll give you UD and Chalmers...but the rest, I couldnt even name..

Safe to say miller earned his pay.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Douglas actually had a serious post... I`m flabbergasted

Sometimes when I type something I press "quick reply"

Gram
11-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Douglas.