PDA

View Full Version : NBA stars playing abroad a plan going nowhere

Shmontaine
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
"The trouble is that, right now, it's not a pretty economic situation over here," said Vlade Divac, president of Serbia's Olympic Committee. "If an NBA player just wants to stay in shape until the lockout ends, signing (temporarily) makes sense. That's what I did before I signed with the Kings (January 1999). The biggest difference for Americans will be the accommodations."

Some European clubs require players to share rooms. Most squads travel commercial, not charter. The schedules also tend to be compressed because the elite franchises compete in both the Euroleague and their respective leagues, with practices often lengthier and more demanding than in the NBA.

But it's the risk of injury, and what happens thereafter, that should be of greatest concern. If you hurt your knee, you want to see your own doctor.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/17/3842812/nba-stars-playing-abroad-a-plan.html

this is what I've been thinking all along... owners know the players don't have many options and the options they may have don't even compare to the lifestyle of the NBA which players have grown accustomed to...

gwrighter
08-17-2011, 04:38 PM
yea the CBA will be finalized n we should be looking at some kind of a season next year.

Shmontaine
08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
hope so, the two sides just need to compromise and get on with it... with the teams that have been bought over the last few years at ridiculous prices, you have to figure the owners knew something at the time about this CBA, and the outcome of it, or they wouldn't have purchased... the owners will win this CBA, no question about it IMO..