PDA

View Full Version : 2011-12 Dream Team?

basketballfan33
08-17-2011, 12:51 PM
I think THIS (http://swsh.us/nT7jsR) is interesting and should bring up a good debate. What six guys (one guy at every position and sixth man) would you choose to be on your dream team? As the author noted, it may not necessarily be the best player at each position, but think about strategy and style of play when putting your team together.

A very interesting team he would put out there and I was initially shocked that LeBron was not on the roster. My stab at this:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Dwight Howard
6: LeBron James

Hawkeye15
08-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Did you want this in the NBA forum?

3mikee_
08-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Yea this thread is anything but general..not to mention we've discussed the Olympic roster countless times.

Personally I don't get why Blake is starting.. they don't need another scorer who's soft on D in that lineup. Not to mention KD should not be starting in front of LeBron. He would be a great asset to the 2nd unit coming off the bench and providing that scoring bunch.

MackSnackWrap
08-17-2011, 01:15 PM
PG- Chris Paul
SG- Wade
SF- Lbj
PF-Bosh
C-Dwght Howard
6th Man- Deron Williams

3mikee_
08-17-2011, 01:25 PM
PG- Chris Paul
SG- Wade
SF- Lbj
PF-Bosh
C-Dwght Howard
6th Man- Deron Williams

This...
although I might switch out Deron and put in KD..

D1JM
08-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Bosh? Not over Love, especially in fiba games

NYKnicks4511
08-17-2011, 01:32 PM
PG- Chris Paul
SG- Wade
SF- Lbj
PF-Bosh
C-Dwght Howard
6th Man- Deron Williams

PG - Paul
SG - Wade
SF - LeBron
PF - Amar'e
C - Dwight
--------------
Durant
D. Will

Soft *** Bosh will be sitting at home watching.

3mikee_
08-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Bosh dominated the last Olympics inside..even more so than Howard.

Never thought those words would come out of my mouth..

OlivaThor
08-17-2011, 01:33 PM
PG: D. Williams
SG: D. Wade
SF: K. Durant
PF: K. Love
C: D. Howard
6th: A. Iguodala

MackSnackWrap
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Bosh dominated the last Olympics inside..even more so than Howard.

Never thought those words would come out of my mouth..

yeah. I think this team works because the big 3 chemistry is already good from the year theyve played together. Add in an elite pg in paul. Along with the best big man in the game who will cover boshs defensive defeciencies and absoloutely destroy the paint and D Will/Durant and i dont see how that team doesnt work.

phlp_bj
08-17-2011, 01:54 PM
PG: Chris Paul/Derrick Rose/Deron Williams
SG: Kobe Bryant/Dywane Wade
SF: LeBron James/Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony/Chris Bosh/Blake Griffin
C: Dwight Howard/Kevin Love

OlivaThor
08-17-2011, 02:00 PM
PG: Chris Paul/Derrick Rose/Deron Williams
SG: Kobe Bryant/Dywane Wade
SF: LeBron James/Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony/Chris Bosh/Blake Griffin
C: Dwight Howard/Kevin Love

One player for every position + 6th man

NYKnicks4511
08-17-2011, 02:03 PM
yeah. I think this team works because the big 3 chemistry is already good from the year theyve played together. Add in an elite pg in paul. Along with the best big man in the game who will cover boshs defensive defeciencies and absoloutely destroy the paint and D Will/Durant and i dont see how that team doesnt work.

I think the big 2 chemistry is more established, Bosh even in the Finals got his own by himself, not necessarily as a product of the rapport he has with Wade and James.

Otherwise CP3/Deron or even Jason Kidd will suffice at the point, D. Howard at Center obviously. PF I'd give it to Amar'e only because given the amount of time Wade and LeBron and Paul will have the ball in their hands, Amar'e will have more energy to expend on the defensive side (as Bosh showed this year playing with the big 2).

Stoudemire is a terrible man to man defender, but his help defense is actually above average and he was an intimidator in the paint this past season. I just feel like he and Dwight would be more fit to run a faster paced offense, and his midrange game complements Howards interior game as well.

/knick bias

avon_barksdale
08-17-2011, 02:10 PM
92 olympics be the only dream team and will forever be the only dream team.

phlp_bj
08-17-2011, 02:13 PM
One player for every position + 6th man

Oops. Change that up.

SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kevin Garnett

Sixth Man: Dwyane Wade

Law25
08-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Oops. Change that up.

SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kevin Garnett

Sixth Man: Dwyane Wade

Replace Garnett with Bosh and im with it. I was thinking you could switch Kobe and Wade but Kobe is more of an stabilizer than fire power off the bench and was and i think still is the best on ball defender so you keep him in the starting line up while bringing Wades fire power of the bench. Than i thought what about replacing Wade and Durant, but went against that because Wade's slashing is as good as Durants shooting but Wade plays an higher level of defence than Durant. Said that to say good list. :D

heattiltheend94
08-17-2011, 03:08 PM
pg: Paul
sg: WAde
sf: Durant
pf: LeBron
C: Howard

phlp_bj
08-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Replace Garnett with Bosh and im with it. I was thinking you could switch Kobe and Wade but Kobe is more of an stabilizer than fire power off the bench and was and i think still is the best on ball defender so you keep him in the starting line up while bringing Wades fire power of the bench. Than i thought what about replacing Wade and Durant, but went against that because Wade's slashing is as good as Durants shooting but Wade plays an higher level of defence than Durant. Said that to say good list. :D

Haha thanks man. I thought about swapping Wade for Kobe, but Kobe brings experience and who else is better than him in late game situations. Wade is an awesome 6th man, which he showed with Team USA.

At PF, I considered Duncan, Bosh, Amare, Melo, and Blake, but eventually went with KG. Since this is just for a month or so, KG would be awesome. His defense is still above average. Pairing him up with defense force Dwight will do wonders in the paint and cause havoc for opposing teams.

alencp3
08-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Paul
Wade
Lebron
Blake
Howard

Durant

CavsYanksDuke
08-17-2011, 03:30 PM
pg: Paul
sg: WAde
sf: Durant
pf: LeBron
C: Howard

I was waiting since the first post for this lineup. At 6'8" and 255 lbs, LeBron can guard anyone in the league except C's. Even if he gets posted up, Durant with his 6'10" self would come over and swat it. Who would be coming off the bench? Kobe?