PDA

View Full Version : San Diego police want to talk to Kobe Bryant about alleged altercation

Boston-Born
08-16-2011, 12:16 PM
San Diego police are investigating an allegation that Lakers star Kobe Bryant was involved in altercation with a man at local church, according to a news report by KCBS-TV Channel 2.

The incident occurred Sunday at St. Therese of Carmel Church in Carmel Valley, when Bryant allegedly grabbed a cellphone from the man who sustained an injury to his wrist, according to the report.

Bryant reportedly thought the man was taking photos of him and his wife but saw no photos after inspecting the phone.

A San Diego Police Department spokesman was not available late Monday to confirm the station's report.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/08/kobe-bryant-police.html

nickdymez
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
lol@ injuries to his wrist...

Gators123
08-16-2011, 12:20 PM
At least he didn't try to rape that guy.

beasted86
08-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Stupid move by Kobe if true.

After 15 years in the league, and however many years he's been married, you'd think he has sense not to lose his temper from photos being taken. What's more confusing is there isn't even mention of his kids, so it's not like he would have been doing the right thing by protecting his kids' privacy... if it was just him and his wife he shouldn't be doing this.

At best it's just a little bad press that gets swept away, at worst he has to pay the guy a couple grand to not take this further.

shep33
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I find this kind of strange. Kobe is usually very fan friendly, I mean he takes a lot of pictures with people. Even at a lot of restaurants he tends to get pictures with people. I'm betting the guy was a real jerk during the Church service, that's just my opinion. The guy seems to be trying to exploit Kobe, which tells us what kind of dude he really is. I'm not saying he doesn't have a case or anything, and maybe he did actually get hurt... but how on earth can that even happen unless he grabs his wrist twists it like Ted Dibiase, so that he drops his phone.

But who knows, Kobe still shouldn't have reacted.

Hustlenomics
08-16-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't see why Kobe pictures at church would be a bad thing, he'll pay the guy off just like he did the white girl in Colorado anyway

ChicagoJ
08-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I think there is more to the story. There's probably something Kobe didn't want to be public for some reason. But, it does look bad on his part. He should have made amends with the guy since he had no right to take his phone or injure him. Especially not the kind of behavior you would expect done in a church.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-16-2011, 02:53 PM

:laugh2:

But seriously, maybe there is a reason he didn't want pictures taken of him. But until then, looks bad for Kobe.

If you're at church, you shouldn't be on your cell phone though.

Hugbees
08-16-2011, 03:10 PM
An injury to the wrist from that? this guy should be arrested for being a big *****. scumbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

kidinkkk
08-16-2011, 03:22 PM
hahahahahahaha kobe cheated on his wife and now got in a fight. lebron never even got a speeding ticket or has never been in trouble. yet the fans love kobe after he cheats on wife and hate lebron for never being in trouble. i guess that reflects our ****** up society now days.

pd1dish
08-16-2011, 03:25 PM
whether or not Kobe grabbed the phone from the guy, you dont sustain a wrist injury from that. its some guy that has an excuse to try and get some money out of Kobe.

Trace
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
whether or not Kobe grabbed the phone from the guy, you dont sustain a wrist injury from that. its some guy that has an excuse to try and get some money out of Kobe.

Maybe there was a struggle when Kobe grabbed the phone. We also don't know if the alleged victim had any preexisting medical conditions associated with his wrist or past medical conditions of which were aggravated by Kobe Bryant.

MagicBucsSox
08-16-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't see why Kobe pictures at church would be a bad thing, he'll pay the guy off just like he did the white girl in Colorado anyway

She actually dropped the charges because she was losing the case numb nuts

MagicBucsSox
08-16-2011, 03:47 PM
hahahahahahaha kobe cheated on his wife and now got in a fight. lebron never even got a speeding ticket or has never been in trouble. yet the fans love kobe after he cheats on wife and hate lebron for never being in trouble. i guess that reflects our ****** up society now days.

Lol he cheated on his wife, so what? He can do what he want she's never gonna work a day in her life cause him , he deserves some side booty

MJ-BULLS
Whether it's true or not, it's not really a good move by Kobe Bryant.

More-Than-Most

You can sustain an injury in any altercation. This was all Kobe and did not need to Happen... Who the **** is Kobe to snatch a phone from someone and investigate to see if someone took pictures. I would have knocked him the **** out in the church to be brutally honest.

Gibby23
08-16-2011, 03:57 PM
You can sustain an injury in any altercation. This was all Kobe and did not need to Happen... Who the **** is Kobe to snatch a phone from someone and investigate to see if someone took pictures. I would have knocked him the **** out in the church to be brutally honest.

No you wouldn't.

Switch
08-16-2011, 04:03 PM

Ok tough guy

wayneo92
08-16-2011, 04:14 PM

Lol Kobe would murder you

smith&wesson
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Stupid move by Kobe if true.

After 15 years in the league, and however many years he's been married, you'd think he has sense not to lose his temper from photos being taken. What's more confusing is there isn't even mention of his kids, so it's not like he would have been doing the right thing by protecting his kids' privacy... if it was just him and his wife he shouldn't be doing this.

At best it's just a little bad press that gets swept away, at worst he has to pay the guy a couple grand to not take this further.

I disagree.

I think if the man were to ask first then kobe could take pictures with him. but i would not want a strange man taking pictures of me and my wife with out permission.

god forbid a famous person wants to go to church and be left alone.

rickyk13
08-16-2011, 04:19 PM
yeah ppl are actin like theres no way kobe could have hurt his wrist. Like you do realize hes 6'6 220 ish. Not exactly a small man in the real world. Either way who cares, i think if you are ballsy enough to take pictures of celebs in public you shoudl be willing to throw down. If not leave the camera in the pocket and just tell the story like we did in the 90's

smith&wesson
08-16-2011, 04:19 PM

lol you would not knock him out. you would ask for an autograph and probably stare at his wife.

who you kidding ? you ever try to fight someone with that much money ??
kobe's body gaurds >>>> you!!!!

smith&wesson
08-16-2011, 04:22 PM
its amazing to me how ppl try to make money now a days. its even more amazing to me that psd cant see that this is a cash crop scam.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Lol he cheated on his wife, so what? He can do what he want she's never gonna work a day in her life cause him , he deserves some side booty

Seriously?

The Ooh Child
08-16-2011, 04:28 PM
The guy who got his wrist grabbed is kind of a *****

More-Than-Most
08-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Lol so If someone was causing a ruckus and trying to snatch you phone away from you... you guys would just stand there and say ok? I dont give a **** if it was the president of the united states... If you are in fault and are forcing something of mine away from me there will be problems. Even if It adds up getting my *** kicked I am getting the first punch in and clearly there was several openings when he tried to grab the phone.

Also because Kobe is a celebrity means he can kick everyone's *** correct? HA

smith&wesson
08-16-2011, 04:31 PM
The guy who got his wrist grabbed is kind of a *****

he trying to make some money. its a douche bag move. but in north america its the norm

More-Than-Most
08-16-2011, 04:33 PM
its amazing to me how ppl try to make money now a days. its even more amazing to me that psd cant see that this is a cash crop scam.

Ok lets look at it from a legal stand point... Who was at fault? also I am not sure but is it Illegal to use your phone in church? What exactly did the guy do to justify Bryants actions? Technically the guy can go as far as trying to get a theft charge against him if he really wanted to because he took something that belonged to someone else. Even if this is a money making scheme in the end its Bryants fault for the situation happening.

The guy could try a theft charge
The guy could sue for assault
The guy could get him for looking in his phone at his personal information
The guy can sue for damages

All this because Kobe jumped to conclusions and all this is in the guys rights.

smith&wesson
08-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Lol so If someone was causing a ruckus and trying to snatch you phone away from you you guys would just stand there and say ok? I dont give a **** if it was the president of the united states... If you are in fault and are forcing something of mine away from me there will be problems. Even if I add up getting my *** kicked I am getting the first punch in and clearly there was several openings when he tried to grab the phone.

Also because Kobe is a celebrity means he can kick everyone's *** correct? HA

NO because he is a celebrity he has body gaurds who can kick your ***. he doesnt need too. he just has to play basket ball.

but i get what your saying. if a famous person just came and tried to snatch my phone away id be pretty upset. but i think in that scenerio i would just be like look man i didnt take any pics of you. and i would just show him my phone. and then id probably ask if it was ok to take a pic of him.

cool heads prevail.

smith&wesson
08-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Ok lets look at it from a legal stand point... Who was at fault? also I am not sure but is it Illegal to use your phone in church? What exactly did the guy do to justify Bryants actions? Technically the guy can go as far as trying to get a theft charge against him if he really wanted to because he took something that belonged to someone else. Even if this is a money making scheme in the end its Bryants fault for the situation happening.

theft means when you take something and dont give it back.
assault means that you physically committed an action to harm or hurt someone else.
there is not charge of invasion of privacy. other wise famous ppl could charge the media all the time.

in any case. its pretty aparant the guy is trying to make a case that kobe bryant the millionare injured him. thus we can asume that he is trying to make money.

bone head move on kobes part, but if he really didnt want the guy to have pics of him and his wife he didnt have much choice at the time then to grab the guys phone. what else was he going to do call the police ? there isnt much else he could do in that situation.

ChaseHamels
08-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Not nearly enough information to come to any type of conclusion.

Sidenote: nobody is getting knocked out.

More-Than-Most
08-16-2011, 04:50 PM
assault means that you physically committed an action to harm or hurt someone else.
there is not charge of invasion of privacy. other wise famous ppl could charge the media all the time.

in any case. its pretty aparant the guy is trying to make a case that kobe bryant the millionare injured him. thus we can asume that he is trying to make money.

bone head move on kobes part, but if he really didnt want the guy to have pics of him and his wife he didnt have much choice at the time then to grab the guys phone. what else was he going to do call the police ? there isnt much else he could do in that situation.

When does the media take personal property? And if so they would get in trouble for it.

Also this is assault

In law, assault is a crime causing a victim to fear violence. The term is often confused with battery, which is the actual "touching". The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force.[1][2] Assault in some US jurisdictions[which?] is defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consen

Kobe was intentionally trying to grab the guys phone and end up hurting the guy. Its an intentional physical act

Also when you take something of someones without their permission that is theft... Giving it back is irrelevant... If you steal someones car but bring it back in the morning its still stealing someones car

ChicagoJ
08-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Right now one can only guess what went down. But, it seems to be legit that he grabbed someones phone, checked to see if there were pictures of him, there weren't, then he returned the phone. It's not his property and he's got no business doing it. Your phone is a personal item similar to your wallet. This seems to be an invasion of privacy as well. I don't care how big he is, if it was me I'd be fighting to get my phone back regardless if I get my butt kicked or not.

And what kind of PR would that be to see a youtube video of Kobe beating the tar out of some guy in church right after he stole his phone.

smith&wesson
08-16-2011, 05:00 PM
When does the media take personal property? And if so they would get in trouble for it.

Also this is assault

In law, assault is a crime causing a victim to fear violence. The term is often confused with battery, which is the actual "touching". The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force.[1][2] Assault in some US jurisdictions[which?] is defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consen

Kobe was intentionally trying to grab the guys phone and end up hurting the guy. Its an intentional physical act

Also when you take something of someones without their permission that is theft... Giving it back is irrelevant... If you steal someones car but bring it back in the morning its still stealing someones car

you should be a lawer. i dont feel sorry for someone who claims to be soo fragile that they get injured from someone taking a phone out of there hand. please.

ya your right grabbing a phone out of someones hand is = to assult :rolleyes:
the guy is clearly trying to scam money. i dont care how convinced you are that his bones are made of jello.

as for the media comment. follow your own posts bro, you said kobe could get charged for invading privacy. the media and poperazi invade privacy all the time. i wasnt suggesting that they are theifs lol

More-Than-Most
08-16-2011, 05:05 PM
you should be a lawer. i dont feel sorry for someone who claims to be soo fragile that they get injured from someone taking a phone out of there hand. please.

ya your right grabbing a phone out of someones hand is = to assult :rolleyes:
the guy is clearly trying to scam money. i dont care how convinced you are that his bones are made of jello.

When did I say he wasn't trying to scam money? I agree he is trying to scam money but I do not feel sorry for Bryant who did this to himself... He choose to act like a moron and make a scene in public and allow the guy a chance at scamming money from him. Not only did he decide to get into an altercation but did so with his family present which is beyond moronic. All that being said if I was this guy not only would I do the same thing but I would threaten criminal actions for all the things I listed in the other posts just for a greater chance at settling for a larger sum of money.

LakersMaster24
08-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Woo hoo lets blow this out of proportion and turn Kobe into a wrist-wrecking monster!!!

Youmad?
08-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Lol it's funny how everytime there is a Kobe thread Lebron gets involved lol bunch of haters

smith&wesson
08-16-2011, 05:18 PM
When did I say he wasn't trying to scam money? I agree he is trying to scam money but I do not feel sorry for Bryant who did this to himself... He choose to act like a moron and make a scene in public and allow the guy a chance at scamming money from him. Not only did he decide to get into an altercation but did so with his family present which is beyond moronic. All that being said if I was this guy not only would I do the same thing but I would threaten criminal actions for all the things I listed in the other posts just for a greater chance at settling for a larger sum of money.

i did say it was a bone head move by kobe.

Kashmir13579
08-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Kobe is a scumbag. I think we all know that. Even so, its obvious this dude didn't really "hurt his wrist" and is just trying to get publicity and money. Kobe didn't rape that girl either.

Kashmir13579
08-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Woo hoo lets blow this out of proportion and turn Kobe into a wrist-wrecking monster!!!

simmer down.

Jays Claw
08-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Reminds me of a similar incident involving Turkoglu.

Turkish delete? Raptor in cellphone spat

Hedo Turkoglu may be good at shooting baskets, but when it comes to the camera-toting public, he's got a thing or two to learn.

In an age when just about everyone is toting a camera-equipped cellphone, celebrities and sports stars even ordinary people are still working out the etiquette of what to do when they're captured in a bystander's random shot.

Turkoglu, signed by the Raptors to a five-year, $52 million (U.S.) contract last summer, figured he was being photographed when Jazmine Singh, out with some friends at Yorkville's Lobby nightclub early Thursday, decided to snap a shot of friend Meghan Kesivic sitting across the table.

That's when Turkoglu or his security guard, depending on who's telling the tale grabbed Singh's phone from her hand and "deleted" the photo.

Singh said she was stunned when at around 1 a.m. a "giant 7-foot man" reached over, grabbed the phone from her hand and did his erasing trick.

Later Thursday, Star photo maestros got their hands on the memory card in Singh's phone, did their magic, and now the photo's back.

Turns out it's a typical club shot, blurry and murky, showing part of Singh's friend, another friend's arm and, if you really, really knew who Turkoglu is, you just might recognize him as the partially obscured face in the background.

But apparently the chance of being recognized was enough to send Turkoglu into photo-destroying mode. That's when Singh and her friends asked Lobby's security for help that they were told the big guy was a basketball player with the Raptors and in not so many words that he could get away with it.

"He just ripped the phone out of my hand I thought he was trying to steal it," said Singh, still incredulous a day later. "I had no idea who he was. I didn't care who he was. No one has the right to do that."

Turkoglu was on the defensive.

The Turkish import told the Star Thursday he was at the bar "trying to chill" with friends, when he saw a flash go off. He said that's when he asked a security guard to grab the phone and delete the pictures.

"I don't like people taking my picture, especially in the club, before asking. She did. I said, `Did you ask me?' She said no. I said, `I want you to delete it'," Turkoglu told the Star's Dave Feschuk following Thursday's practice at the Air Canada Centre.

"There was a guy with me, a security guy, he deleted it," said Turkoglu.

Singh says he never even tried to speak with her. The 24-year-old says she would have willingly deleted any photos he was mistakenly in, if Turkoglu had simply asked instead of reaching out his long arm and simply grabbing the phone right out of my hands.

"I think he just saw a flash and freaked out," she said.

Kesivic, 23, said Turkoglu's story doesn't add up, since she's not a basketball fan and didn't even know who he was. "He could have knocked on my door and tried to sell me something, I would have had no idea who he was."

It was only when they went home, and searched online, that they confirmed it was Turkoglu.

Last summer the Raptors lured Turkoglu away from the Orlando Magic to Toronto. In July, his agent Lon Babby said the 30-year-old and his family were thrilled to move to a city with a strong Turkish community. Despite the initial excitement when he joined, he has struggled to perform on court.

Canadian privacy laws allow anyone to take photos of anyone in a public place, regardless of what they're doing, and publish them.

Taking photos in a private venue, such as a club, requires advance permission from those in charge, but it's not illegal to just go ahead and shoot.

But the case of private photos being deleted from a camera phone is vague; Toronto police say it is unlikely charges would be laid for such an incident, since no one was hurt and nothing tangible was stolen.

Singh and Kesivic say they don't plan to take any further action against Turkoglu, other than taking their experience with him public.

"It was very demeaning to us," said Kesivic, as she recalled how Turkoglu's friends laughed at them after he eventually returned the phone.

"I know how these things work: he is a regular, he comes in there and can drop so much more money than we can," she said. "They think they can do whatever, and get away with it."

Singh and Kesivic said Turkoglu was with three male friends; no women were at the table.

Management at Lobby said they had no comment on the incident, which Turkoglu says happened early Wednesday morning instead.

The episode comes at a time when professional athletes are dealing with the ups and downs of real-time stardom: Blogs like drunkathlete.com that post scandalous photos; fans crashing locker rooms to snatch pictures; and bitter ex-girlfriends willing to sell personal and often compromising photographs to the highest bidder.

The perils of the cellphone paparazzi have made many athletes overly cautious of even the most innocuous of photo requests.

But if the women were hoping for at least an apology, they may have to give up waiting. He likely won't be saying sorry any time soon.

"I don't hide this kind of stuff," Turkoglu said. "If somebody else (takes a picture without asking) I'm going to do the same thing again."

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/751089--turkish-delete-raptor-in-cellphone-spat

Marques24kobe
08-16-2011, 05:42 PM

Who's jumping to conclusions. It sounds like you are. Were you there? Do you know what alleged means? Quit drinking the hateraid and let's see what the real story is.

JRisdabest
08-16-2011, 06:04 PM
7-10 days in prison sounds about right for kobe

Law25
08-16-2011, 06:15 PM

Seriously? I know times are hard but damn!!!! But to the story I have no respect for guys like the alleged victim. Men who do crap like this is no different than whore's that try to trap celebs or even common men with kids to gain financial benefit. I have an idea how about people try a little harder to gain ther own success. Than you wouldnt have to lower yourself to ***** *** tactics. I dig Kobe not wanting to have his family's picture takin in church. Some places should be off limits, but reacting like that is an bonehead move, he should know better than to give people the opportunity to get over on him like this, but hey maybe this would put that illuminati crap to rest, lol J/K :D

Gibby23
08-16-2011, 06:20 PM

And Kobe would just lawyer up with his millions he has to waste instead of paying you, you wouldn't be able to afford draging it out in the courts and would settle for a new cell phone.

Hustlenomics
08-16-2011, 06:34 PM
She actually dropped the charges because she was losing the case numb nuts

learn how to read you groupie

USMCLaker
08-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Poor guy now has to use his other wrist to j off.

Sactown
08-16-2011, 07:45 PM

I have no respect for you as a person let alone a poster...

As far as Kobe.. I bet he was going to church to one up God and have people worship him

Lakers + Giants
08-16-2011, 08:27 PM

Actually Lebron has gotten a speeding ticket for going 101 in a 65. . . .just sayin.:)

championships
08-16-2011, 08:41 PM
And out comes all the little bored Haters... :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
08-16-2011, 09:22 PM
And here comes all the lakers fans calling everyone haters. I am not a hater... I like Bryant and respect his game and you can go back and read some of my basketball posts and I am sure they will back it up. What he did is moronic and not needed... Who is he to grab someones phone? What if this guy pulled out a gun or other people got involved? You dont do this when your family is there period

More-Than-Most
08-16-2011, 09:25 PM
And Kobe would just lawyer up with his millions he has to waste instead of paying you, you wouldn't be able to afford draging it out in the courts and would settle for a new cell phone.

Who says I wouldnt be able to afford it? Also I am sure there are thousands of lawyers out there that would wave the fee just to put it to a celebrity like Bryant to be brutally honest.

MTar786
08-16-2011, 10:34 PM
all i know is that kobe is extremely fan friendly. Complete stand up guy when i met him in 03..

Corey
08-17-2011, 01:06 AM

No.

CavsYanksDuke
08-17-2011, 02:48 AM

Assault is the threat of a physical assault, whether by physical actions or words. So he threatens to take the phone away by physical force, that's assault. By grabbing the man's wrist and injuring him, that's battery. Apparently, Kobe inspected the phone which means he didn't give it back at the insistence of the man. Assault, battery, and theft all apply.

If Kobe can't get his picture taken after making eight figures a year, something is wrong with the guy. I get the fact that church is private, but man you just said fa**** on national television and then got SWEPT. You don't need to look like a self-conscious douche right now.

Everyone who is bashing the guy who got his cell stolen, you're an idiot. Every single one of you would take advantage of this situation. Why? Because whatever Kobe pays you, he's still going to be rich. So, as a law-abiding citizen, I would feel an obligation to report the crime and claim my prize. The fact is, if you want to be a big shot millionaire, this stuff happens once a year. Doesn't matter if you're an athlete or an executive. People are going to do what they need to to survive, especially during a terrible financial crisis.

CavsYanksDuke
08-17-2011, 02:53 AM

No.

Agreed. So it was okay for Rush Limbaugh to cheat on his hospitalized wife as long as he makes a lot of money? Honestly, I'm just glad that you are so forgiving so that when your lady cheats on you, you can say, "Baby, it's ok. I get it. I mean, you make all the dollars while I'm sitting around here at home on PSD. Go off and have your fun with Kobe..."

Saad
08-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Not sure what the full story is so we shouldnt jump to any conclusions. What I THINK happened was the guy wanted to take a picture with/of Kobe. Kobe probably declined, it being church and all, and the guy started to take the picture anyways. Thats when Kobe overreacted to the photo and probably snatched the phone and tried to delete it. This guy has cameras, voice recorders, video cameras put in his face on a daily basis, i really doubt he would overreact to some guy taking his picture, unless he had a reason to. But thats what I think happened. As for "breaking his wrist" dude is smart, but still a doushe. Haha

AIRMAR72
08-17-2011, 03:34 AM
poor kobe the man is stress there is just too MUCH on his mind he got swept by dirk and kidd played like an old tired man in playoffs he started internal war with his teammates mangement wanting bynum and gasol to be the focal point of the offense offcourt issues thats putting a strain on his marriage his body nolonger could compete at a high level fans will see this after the allstar break this coming season that kobe is just about finish the poor guy was victim of somone who is stressing

CavsYanksDuke
08-17-2011, 04:24 AM
Awwwww, I feel so bad for Kobe, his millions of dollars, beautiful wife, his completely God-given athletic attributes and his 5 rings.

Honestly, there's a chemical reaction that occurs in your brain during church. Much like anti-depressent drugs, a chemical is released that causes most people to become docile and attentive. It's the basics of mob philosophy.

Basically, If Kobe freaked out on a guy in the middle of church, it was probably hilarious. Most people are completely quiet and just thinking about their own lives and religious applications. Then Kobe just grabs some guy's phone AND DESTROYS HIS WRIST MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm going to that church next week, fo sho.

YourTeamSucks
08-17-2011, 05:06 AM

lmfao :clap:

Knowledge
08-17-2011, 05:10 AM

Who says I wouldnt be able to afford it? Also I am sure there are thousands of lawyers out there that would wave the fee just to put it to a celebrity like Bryant to be brutally honest.

This.

There are plenty of attorneys who would love to have any publicity they can get. This guy is probably already receiving different phone calls and offers from attorneys. And honestly I would do the same thing he is doing. If this story is true, than Kobe isnt very smart.

USMCLaker
08-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Not sure what the full story is so we shouldnt jump to any conclusions. What I THINK happened was the guy wanted to take a picture with/of Kobe. Kobe probably declined, it being church and all, and the guy started to take the picture anyways. Thats when Kobe overreacted to the photo and probably snatched the phone and tried to delete it. This guy has cameras, voice recorders, video cameras put in his face on a daily basis, i really doubt he would overreact to some guy taking his picture, unless he had a reason to. But thats what I think happened. As for "breaking his wrist" dude is smart, but still a doushe. Haha

I lost all blood flow to my brain after I saw your sig!

Gibby23
08-17-2011, 11:19 AM

I say you can't afford it and no lawyer will waive the fee on a case that they will have to spend months and free hours on just to lose. You go tell a lawyer that you want to press charges against a star because they snatched your cell phone and you have a minor wrist sprain from it, they would most likely laugh at you and have you escorted out.

Gibby23
08-17-2011, 11:23 AM
This.

There are plenty of attorneys who would love to have any publicity they can get. This guy is probably already receiving different phone calls and offers from attorneys. And honestly I would do the same thing he is doing. If this story is true, than Kobe isnt very smart.

Wrong. Name the attorney in the Kobe rape case? They didn't get any pub, the last team of lawyers that got pub were the ones from the OJ case and those were the guys OJ hired.

If this Kobe case does go to court, the DA will be defending the guy with a spraind wrist.

USMCLaker
08-17-2011, 08:21 PM
What about the police report:

Officer: How can I help you today sir?

Douch: Well officer today at church Kobe Bryant took my phone away for a second and gave it back.

Officer: Sir, what is the crime you are reporting?

Douch: Officer it really hurt my wrist and that's not nice.

Officer: Sir, do you realize that I have rape, murder and kidnapping reports to take and this is just a waste of taxpayer's time.

Douch: But officer it really, really hurt.

Officer: Sir, why did Kobe take your phone from you?

Douch: Well I was taking his picture in church.

Officer: In church?

Douch: Yes, officer in church.
*Slap*!!!!

Marques24kobe
08-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Imagine this. Tmz is now reporting that multiple people at the church say that no such confrontation happened. And that no one who attends the church even knows who this guy is.

This is really going to hurt some of the Kobe haters. Like I said on page 3 let's wait and see the facts first. And now more info is coming out it looks like this guy may of been just looking for a payday.

Marques24kobe
08-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I wonder if More-Then-Most is still going to file criminal charges or just drop them.

Jenceman
08-18-2011, 06:31 PM

He's also 6 foot 6 inches tall, about 220 pounds, and is in incredible shape. You're most likely a 5 foot 8 out of shape dude weighing anywhere from 150-180. Unless you are a Krav Maga master, you wouldn't stand a chance against Kobe himself, let alone one of his bodyguards.

Da Knicks
08-18-2011, 06:51 PM

You must not have sisters, and i have lost all respect for you.:facepalm::facepalm: