PDA

View Full Version : There's a New Beast in the AL East...

lmallia
08-15-2011, 04:37 PM
[/URL][url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1189165/index.htm (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1189165/index.htm)

Cool read..

joshhorvath
08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
nice to get some lovin by the americans!!

Nick O
08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
yup posted it yesterday in here :P but ya i read it in SI ... if you can find the Jose Bautista article you should post that too... also a good read

ghost dog
08-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Next it team. Thanks A.A. for making us relevant again, Keep up the great work.:worthy:

lmallia
08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
yup posted it yesterday in here :P but ya i read it in SI ... if you can find the Jose Bautista article you should post that too... also a good read

I remember you mentioning something, but it was dated today so I didn't know how it could be the same one..

Nick O
08-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I remember you mentioning something, but it was dated today so I didn't know how it could be the same one..

i found it yesterday :P it was in august 9th?? edition of SI i think..... but i only posted the link in the gameday thread/// i was thinking about making a thread for but didnt ... its a good read though everyone here should see it :)

**EDIT** august 8th edition of SI

scottythegreat1
08-15-2011, 09:36 PM
I like the story, but we have been the next franchise for years...its just been a matter of when a lot of IFs start to go our way.

Look at 2006...we were close, but not close enough. We could potentially buy up players like we did in 2006 to make a run for it, we are in that position again. Odds are we will keep building our young core.

ghost dog
08-16-2011, 02:19 AM
I like the story, but we have been the next franchise for years...its just been a matter of when a lot of IFs start to go our way.

Look at 2006...we were close, but not close enough. We could potentially buy up players like we did in 2006 to make a run for it, we are in that position again. Odds are we will keep building our young core.

The core is in place and improving year to year . But building from with in can only get you so far,Like the pen I was told pitchers in the pen are failed starters, how long do you go with a SP before he goes to the pen or do you sign one. We need RP &2B sign them and take a shot it also shows the rest of the team that we can win

sheps88
08-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Don't forget that man in the white shirt sitting in CF like a sniper relaying signs like Brian Butterfield. They are gonna need him. LMFAO.

It makes me laugh how SI can write an article a week or 2 ago about this "MYSTERY MAN" and now we are the potential powerhouse.

I like this article because sooner or later the Jays will turn all these young kids into stars either the kids themselves or trading them and upgrading for MLB talent.