PDA

View Full Version : Will the Eastern Conference be more dominant in the next 2 years?

PacersForLife
08-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I saw someone comment on how the Western Conference was becoming weaker. Just wondering what people's opinions were.
I believe the East will eventually be more dominant just because the Heat and Knicks have forced other teams in the East to build up their teams just to compete with them.

Gators123
08-15-2011, 03:43 PM
I think the East will continue to be top heavy for the next few years.

DoMeFavors
08-15-2011, 03:52 PM
West has lost a lot of all stars the last 2 years
Melo
Amare
Boozer
Deron

PacersForLife
08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
I think the East will continue to be top heavy for the next few years.

Yeah, but some of the lower seeds will probably keep improving like the Pacers and 76ers and teams like the Celtics and Magic will still be good, but probably drop to the bottom of the playoff picture. I believe it will become the more dominant conference in the near future.

RZZZA
08-15-2011, 03:59 PM
It's hard to say. The bottom half of the Eastern conference is still really bad, and doesn't seem like they will be better any time soon. So while teams like the Pacers and 76ers and Nets might have a brighter future, teams like the Raptors and Bobcats don't.

Who knows about Cleveland too, they got 2 first round picks so maybe they can make themselves a mediocre team soon.

mRc08
08-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah i brought this up in the wolves vs calvs thread, i see the east having the better teams in the future. Who knows if they will be as deep as the west, but I think they will have the powerhouses. Still, a lot depends on what the thunder do over the next couple years, what the mavs and lakers are able to salvage/keep together, and what if anything the clippers might do...

Tony_Starks
08-15-2011, 04:01 PM
No. The West still has 8 potential 50 + win teams. Add to that the only thing thats been holding back Portland is health, and Clippers and Golden State have to potential to make turn arounds and the West is going to be dominant for a while. The "improving" teams in the East wouldn't even be in the playoff picture in the west.....

Outiside of the 4 or 5 legit teams in the East the rest are extremely mediocre. And with them continuing to make marginal moves I can't see the Sixers, Pacers of the world getting drastically better anytime soon...

LosDoyers1
08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
The East might have better teams seeded No. 1-4, but the West has always been very, very deep talent-wise.

You look at the past couple years in terms of playoff seedings and you could probably place the No. 9 and No. 10 seed in the West, move them over to the East and they'd make the playoffs with their records.

RZZZA
08-15-2011, 04:03 PM
yeah I gotta agree with Tony. The middle and lower half of the East would struggle against the bottom rung teams of the west.

RZZZA
08-15-2011, 04:07 PM
I just want to say that, the Kings and Timberwolves will be significantly better next year. The cavs can be a .500 team.

Those are my teams to watch next season, to see if they can make that leap from crappy team to average team.

MTar786
08-15-2011, 04:17 PM
i think its going to be dead even in 4 years from now

the celticsn magic and the hawks wont be where they are. it will be chicago, miami and new york.

the west will be both los angeles teams, okc and someone else

Bravo95
08-15-2011, 05:15 PM
It still kind of depends on where Dwight ends up.

the celticsn magic and the hawks wont be where they are
The Hawks finally have a new owner with deeper pockets, almost everyone except Johnson is in their mid-20s or younger, and the inept head coach is going into the final year of his contract. The future's looking much brighter for this team than it did a few months ago.

MJ-BULLS
08-15-2011, 05:20 PM
the tides have turned a bit, so yeah, I expect the East to be more competitive.