PDA

View Full Version : Should the Heat trade Lebron for someone like Dwight or Chris Paul?

Dr.J>YOU
08-15-2011, 02:12 PM
I think so, I think the Heat combo of Paul, Wade and Bosh or Wade, Bosh and Dwight would be much better.

juno10
08-15-2011, 02:19 PM
dwight yes, i wouldn't do it but seems fair, but definitely not for paul, with all his injuries and him just not being as dominant i would never do that.

DoMeFavors
08-15-2011, 02:19 PM
I think Hornets would do Chris Bosh for Chris Paul most likely they wont get another all star in return and Chris Paul would be on a title contendor.

Paul
Wade
LeBron
Haslem
Anthony

would be a great lineup

Raps18-19 Champ
08-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Neither.

They can get away with trading Bosh.

Both Howard and Paul are leaving anyways. Orlando or New Orleans are whack if they don't take a caliber player like Bosh.

Cal827
08-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Howard easily.. A lot of complaints last year were about Bosh's rebounding/interior presence. From watching him here in Toronto, it's clear that he is a finesse big man, using his stellar mid-range game to gain an advantage. Howard doesn't really shoot the ball unless he's like 2 feet from the net, so that would give the Heat the inside-outside presence.. Also Howard would be able to cover up for some of Bosh defencies on defense (I know his defense has improved quite a bit in a new system in Miami, but I still think he's the weakest defender of the big three) .... Howard is also quite effecient down low (like 60% in the post and many come off of offensive rebounds) so their other guys will get more opportunities to shoot... They'll be ok when it comes to passing because Wade has shown that he can get assists when he gets his touches (I believe he averages like 8 assists per game a few years back).

justinnum1
08-15-2011, 02:30 PM
lebron>>>>CP3

now a bosh/howard front court and it wouldnt be fair.

sep11ie
08-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Congrats,

You are the 1,000,000th poster to post this EXACT thread!

mRc08
08-15-2011, 02:31 PM
The heat should not trade lebron james. period.

Sportfan
08-15-2011, 02:35 PM
I think Hornets would do Chris Bosh for Chris Paul most likely they wont get another all star in return and Chris Paul would be on a title contendor.

Paul
Wade
LeBron
Haslem
Anthony

would be a great lineup
no way.

unless you do that and trade lebron for dwight

Paul-Wade-Miller-Haslem-Dwight is beast

Cal827
08-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Paul
Wade
LeBron
Haslem
Anthony

would be a great lineup

Lol I think that team would get eaten alive inside.

Dade County
08-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Nooooo!!!! to trading lbj... sad *** people.

Tony_Starks
08-15-2011, 02:53 PM
welcome to panictown, usa. Just a hop skip and a jump away from overreactionville.

jrm2054
08-15-2011, 02:56 PM
ya then they can trade wade to Bosh is the true heart of that team lol

SteBO
08-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Where's the "neither" or "not happening so why bother" option on the poll?

llemon
08-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Neither.

They can get away with trading Bosh.

Both Howard and Paul are leaving anyways. Orlando or New Orleans are whack if they don't take a caliber player like Bosh.

Bosh is a good player, but makes too much money for either Magic or Hornets to take on.

llemon
08-15-2011, 03:11 PM
welcome to panictown, usa. Just a hop skip and a jump away from overreactionville.

Lebron for Dwight would make both teams better.

PacersForLife
08-15-2011, 03:30 PM
The heat should not trade lebron james. period.
:clap: This.
With LeBron you get the best of both worlds, he can score when he wants (4th quarter jokes aside) he is also a very good passer, so the Heat should never and will never trade LeBron. If anything they should try and send Bosh along with a few other young guys and some picks or whatever it takes to get Paul or maybe even Dwight if Orlando gets desperate. LeBron is the only guy in the league besides Kobe that their team will never consider trading them... Ever.

pedrofan45
08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
People forget that Lebron was the whole reason why Miami made it to the Finals.... no way does a team ever trade the best player in the nba.. He's a once in a lifetime player.. If I'm the Celtics I'd give up 3 first rounders for him and more.. He's got so many blind haters it's ridiculous.. you don't have to like him as a person, but respect the dude's game.. he's a freak

knicks4life33
08-15-2011, 03:49 PM
you swap lebron for dwight and the heat are the champs no questions asked and if you disagree you dont know basketball

ManRam
08-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Wade or LeBron for Dwight would be a great trade for them...

But that's never gonna happen in a million years. Nor is a trade for Paul.

They aren't breaking up the Big Three after one season....one season where they made it all the way to The Finals.

Hellcrooner
08-15-2011, 03:52 PM
should they? ( for dwight) OF COURSE.
But they wont.

nickdymez
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
lebron>>>>CP3

now a bosh/howard front court and it wouldnt be fair.

I hate statements like this because it just isnt true

Dade County
08-15-2011, 04:13 PM
People just have to face it... If Howard leaves the Magic, their done.
People are looking for fair compensation for the Magic (thats not going to happen)...

If Orlando trades him, the other team involved in that trade is the winner; some of you goes on PSD are ridicules.

Fnom11
08-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Trading Lebron for Dwight would make for a better team on paper but it would probably make Wade and 90% of Heat fans incredibly mad. Wade and Lebron are really close( at least they say they are, they seem to be form a fan view) and not sure how it would hurt the team.

Tony_Starks
08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Lebron for Dwight would make both teams better.

Not so sure it makes the Magic better. Only difference would be its Lebron creating wide open shots for the guys instead of Dwight. They still have to knock them down.

My thing with Lebron is, and Im not even really a fan, the guy helped get you to the finals and even playing poorly damn near got it done. In his first year on a brand new team. Give the guy some time.

llemon
08-15-2011, 04:23 PM
People just have to face it... If Howard leaves the Magic, their done.
People are looking for fair compensation for the Magic (thats not going to happen)...

If Orlando trades him, the other team involved in that trade is the winner; some of you goes on PSD are ridicules.

Lebron for Dwight would be a good trade for both teams

RZZZA
08-15-2011, 04:25 PM
if the Heat did trade Lebron for Dwight, I think it really would be the end of competition in the NBA that everybody predicted when Wade/Lebron/Bosh came together, but never materialized.

Dade County
08-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Lebron for Dwight would be a good trade for both teams

Orlando is not in the position to get a fair trade... PAT knows this, so Orlando would not even bother calling up Pat.

All they would get is bosh and fillers.

llemon
08-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Orlando is not in the position to get a fair trade... PAT knows this, so Orlando would not even bother calling up Pat.

All they would get is bosh and fillers.

Bosh has too big a salary for Magic to take on. Bosh for Dwight turns Magic into the Bosh Raptors.

pedrofan45
08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
you swap lebron for dwight and the heat are the champs no questions asked and if you disagree you dont know basketball

i don't think anyone disagrees with this because that would make a better TEAM.. Lebron and Wade just aren't meant to play with each other imo.. All Lebron needed a was an elite big man and that team would be unstoppable.. now he's got a wimpy big man and a player who also needs the ball in their hands to be effective

naps
08-16-2011, 06:41 PM
None! If it's for Bosh then sounds reasonable from Heat standpoint. Neither of Orlando or Hornets is going to get fair value in return. When superstar players leave you just never get fair value. Orlando or Hornets won't get anything better than Bosh IMO.

And as for LeBron James, he is untouchable. You don't trade the best on the planet who's only 26 and in his prime and has potential to be a top 5 player ever. One could also argue we haven't seen the best of LeBron yet. It's scary to think.

OlivaThor
08-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Keep LBJ and trade Bosh+trash for Monroe, Knight, Gordon and picks

llemon
08-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Keep LBJ and trade Bosh+trash for Monroe, Knight, Gordon and picks

Monroe going nowhere. Heat would have to throw in extras in that trade, and Heat have no extras.

llemon
08-16-2011, 07:19 PM
None! If it's for Bosh then sounds reasonable from Heat standpoint. Neither of Orlando or Hornets is going to get fair value in return. When superstar players leave you just never get fair value. Orlando or Hornets won't get anything better than Bosh IMO.

Fair return is one thing. But Bosh just adds incredible salary to either Magic or Hornets, and Bosh cannot make either team better than the Raptors he left.

Do you understand that? Both Magic and Hornets would be better off letting Dwight/Paul walk then trade for Bosh.

But certainly, many NBA executives are morons, so anything is possible.

OlivaThor
08-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Monroe going nowhere. Heat would have to throw in extras in that trade, and Heat have no extras.

Maybe you´re right, but Pistons need a true superstar, so they can make some dumb moves like in history (Charlie V. and B. Gordon). And I know that people hate on Bosh, but in my eyes is top 15 in the league, but not for Heat, they need C and PG

WadeKobe
08-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Bosh is a good player, but makes too much money for either Magic or Hornets to take on.

False. Bosh is a max-deal player under the current CBA, and it was widely agreed that this was the case. Bosh right now is a discount. End of story.

WadeKobe
08-16-2011, 07:24 PM
if the Heat did trade Lebron for Dwight, I think it really would be the end of competition in the NBA that everybody predicted when Wade/Lebron/Bosh came together, but never materialized.

Never materialized? WIth no preseason to work out kinks, this team ended up with the best record in the last 60 games of the season, ran through the Celtics 4-1, Bulls 4-1, and got to the NBA Finals...

Never materialized? They got beat when they shouldn't have, unfortunately. But the domination happened, and will only get more obnoxious if no hard cap comes. Without a hard cap, nothing will stop this Heat team from winning 3 or 4 out of the next 5.

llemon
08-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Maybe you´re right, but Pistons need a true superstar, so they can make some dumb moves like in history (Charlie V. and B. Gordon). And I know that people hate on Bosh, but in my eyes is top 15 in the league, but not for Heat, they need C and PG

Monroe was a very effective Center in his rookie year. Also showed some toughness. And he has an INCREDIBLY reasonable salary.

Effective Centers are a rare commodity in this league.

Effective PFs........not as rare.

KnicksR4Real
08-16-2011, 07:30 PM
dwight

naps
08-16-2011, 07:30 PM
False. Bosh is a max-deal player under the current CBA, and it was widely agreed that this was the case. Bosh right now is a discount. End of story.

Haha, exactly! Like I said Bosh is severely underrated here by many. He would get paid more by any other team. In no way he's overpaid.

llemon
08-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Haha, exactly! Like I said Bosh is severely underrated here by many. He would get paid more by any other team. In no way he's overpaid.

But does he make any team a contender?

OlivaThor
08-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Monroe was a very effective Center in his rookie year. Also showed some toughness. And he has an INCREDIBLY reasonable salary.

Effective Centers are a rare commodity in this league.

Effective PFs........not as rare.

I know very well that Monroe has big potencial in the league, i like this dude, but it was just idea for trade scerario if i was in heat skin.. But I would wonder, if Pistons decline Bosh for everyone in their roster.. But think that LBJ, Flash and HalfMan are untouchable for heat

omagicdon
08-16-2011, 07:36 PM
you really think we (ORLANDO) want to trade a standup,decent person for a scumbag Judas like Lequeen james??? Sorry bro, not in Otown....We had one of those already!!!!!!!!!!!!

OlivaThor
08-16-2011, 07:51 PM
If i see something like LeSomething I immediately stop reading, cause i know, that is something wrong in real live with author of post

llemon
08-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I know very well that Monroe has big potencial in the league, i like this dude, but it was just idea for trade scerario if i was in heat skin.. But I would wonder, if Pistons decline Bosh for everyone in their roster.. But think that LBJ, Flash and HalfMan are untouchable for heat

HalfMan?

OlivaThor
08-16-2011, 08:06 PM
HalfMan?

Only because I love Two and half man in the mean of Heat, not because CB sucks, i´m not hater, but because he doesn´t fit in the Heat

Lake_Show2416
08-16-2011, 08:10 PM
how bout for Bynum ha

king4day
08-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Trading Lebron for anyone outside of Howard is just laughable. Paul is good but they don't need a PG with the team they have.

John Walls Era
08-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Lebron for Dwight would make sense on paper. But theres no way they do it, you don't trade away one of your superstars after making the finals.

naps
08-16-2011, 11:37 PM
But does he make any team a contender?

You expect Orlando and Hornets to be contenders when Dwight and CP3 leaves? Give me one player who can make them contender. Not even LeBron James.

NYman15
08-16-2011, 11:56 PM
I'd rather deal Wade for Howard. He is older and more injury prone. the thought of Lebron and Dwight running the PnR is scary. I would trade Lebron for Dwight as well.

avrpatsfan
08-17-2011, 12:20 AM
If the Heat got CP3 it would be game over. I don't see why everybody is voting for Dwight. He's immature. CP3 is a leader and the best PG in the league.

avrpatsfan
08-17-2011, 12:23 AM
You expect Orlando and Hornets to be contenders when Dwight and CP3 leaves? Give me one player who can make them contender. Not even LeBron James.
The Cavs won 60+ games with James. I think he could win games with Orlando and New Orleans.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2011, 12:35 AM

If you are going to get a top 20 player in their prime, I think you take it if your star is leaving. It's not like the Lakers, Nets, or Knicks have any pieces to deal better than Bosh.

naps
08-17-2011, 12:38 AM
The Cavs won 60+ games with James. I think he could win games with Orlando and New Orleans.

I don't see him making either of those teams a serious contender with the supporting casts they have now.

Anyway, my point was not this. That guy I quoted was asking if Bosh would make either of them contenders. There is no way they will get fair value for Dwight and CP3, let alone make themselves contender by trading their franchise cornerstones.

naps
08-17-2011, 12:42 AM
If you are going to get a top 20 player in their prime, I think you take it if your star is leaving. It's not like the Lakers, Nets, or Knicks have any pieces to deal better than Bosh.

Exactly, my point!

Now, I don't think Orlando will ever entertain Dwight to Miami for Bosh specially sending him their own division and basically end the titles hopes for any team for the next decade (Wade-LeBron-Dwight :drool:)

And I don't think Miami will consider CP3 for Bosh either (I know it might sound crazy, but a Bosh is more important fit than CP3 would be in Miami).

3mikee_
08-17-2011, 12:49 AM
If I was Miami I would trade him for Howard in a heartbeat..like they honestly couldn't have expected the LeBron/Wade combo to work...they both demand the ball in their hands WAY too much. Both need the ball to even be slightly effective..

Too many times last season where I just saw LeBron or Wade camp out at the corner 3 point line like they were doing a Sasha Vujacic impression while the other guy went one on one...

Just saying having Howard in their would give the ball back to Wade and make a play maker...heck even trade Wade for Howard or something, I just don't like this duo at all.

llemon
08-17-2011, 01:14 AM

You think Toronto would trade to get Bosh back?

Bosh does not make any team a contender.

juno10
08-17-2011, 01:22 AM

orlando has better players than james had in cleveland just saying.

llemon
08-17-2011, 01:40 AM
orlando has better players than james had in cleveland just saying.

Those Orlando players being who?

85BearsDefense
08-17-2011, 01:57 AM
Personally i think if they traded LeBron to the Celtics for Rondo and Pierce that would gurantee them a championship.

PG Rondo
SG Wade
SF Pierce
PF Bosh
C Anthony

Evolution23
08-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Where's the "neither" or "not happening so why bother" option on the poll?

This

Evolution23
08-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Hey lets blow up our whole team even though we were 2 games away from winning a championship. Terrific.

PinnacleFlash
08-17-2011, 02:25 AM
They should, but it is probably not going to happen. Lebron should have never went to Miami.

sventhedog
08-17-2011, 02:33 AM
too early to tell.

it would take 1 or 2 more years of choking and they'll probably trade lebron for matt bonner.

RLundi
08-17-2011, 09:27 AM
If the Heat got CP3 it would be game over. I don't see why everybody is voting for Dwight. He's immature. CP3 is a leader and the best PG in the league.

It certainly would be game over, for the Heat anyway.

How does having three players dominate the ball make them better? With LeBron James and Wade, they shouldn't have a ball-dominant point guard because Wade and LeBron operate best with the ball in they're hands. If they were spot-up shooters it would be much different. The biggest problem last year was one of them had the ball and the other was just standing around. How would this be any different?

Howard would make the Heat the absolute best team in the league, bar none.

WadeKobe
08-18-2011, 04:19 PM

No it would not be game over. :facepalm: The Heat's weakness right now is interior game... they already have 2 dominant ball-handlers who are basically point guards.

Paul would be a waste of space on this team, and would not improve us currently.

JordansBulls
08-18-2011, 04:37 PM
I would say trade Lebron for CP3 as the Heat already have a dominant big man.

juno10
08-18-2011, 04:51 PM
I would say trade Lebron for CP3 as the Heat already have a dominant big man.

bosh a dominant big man lol

sp1derm00
08-19-2011, 12:42 PM
lebron + mike miller for CP3, Emeka Okafor, and Trevor Ariza.

cp3
wade
ariza
bosh
okafor