PDA

View Full Version : Which team has a brighter future?

PacersForLife
08-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Which team has a brighter future, the Cavs or Timberwolves?

Swashcuff
08-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Timberwolves quite easily IMO. The already have a potential top 10 player of the future. Based on potential alone you'd be hard pressed to find another team who missed the playoffs last season with more upside. The Clippers may be the only team that has a potentially brighter future than the Wolves.

SteBO
08-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Timberwolves quite easily IMO. The already have a potential top 10 player of the future. Based on potential alone you'd be hard pressed to find another team who missed the playoffs last season with more upside. The Clippers may be the only team that has a potentially brighter future than the Wolves.
:nod: Kevin Love alone is what puts MIN over CLE. We'll have to see what Krie Irving and their other pick is capable of doing. Maybe then this could be revisited, but as of right now, it's the Wolves and it isn't close.

GoPacers33
08-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Wolves but somehow they are going to **** it up

Slimsim
08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Wolves

Better question is who future is brighter Raptors or Cavs

mRc08
08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
I will say the wolves for what some of you guys have said but also because they are in the west. Over the next few years the cavs are going to have to go through teams like the heat, bulls, knicks, and other teams like the pacers who are getting better, while I feel like the west is getting worse year to year, or at least the number of dominant teams. The wolves will have an easier path i believe in the playoffs, so when determining which team will be "brighter"/make playoff noise, i think its the wolves.

Chacarron
08-15-2011, 01:03 PM
The Wolves.

nycericanguy
08-15-2011, 01:20 PM
MIN def has the most talent, but then again I look at that roster and wonder if they have so much talent how are they always the worst team in the NBA?

Reminds me of the Clippers who always had talent on paper but never won games, sometimes you need guys that are winners, you wonder if guys like Beasely & Darko fit that bill. Let's see if Rubio can bring that to that team.

xM1GSx
08-15-2011, 01:25 PM
wolves take this one bc of love

Kyben36
08-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Wolves have all the tallent they could, Love Rubio Beasley Wes mathews and Derrick Williams is alot of tallent.

Yankee Clipper
08-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Timberwolves, primarily because they have Kevin Love.

Kobes a Killer
08-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Obviously the Wolves

DR_1
08-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Wolves; I'm a huge believer in Kevin Love.

Dr.J>YOU
08-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Cavs easily, Dan Gilbert promised that the Cavs would get a title before Lebron does and I agree with that sentiment.

SteBO
08-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Cavs easily, Dan Gilbert promised that the Cavs would get a title before Lebron does and I agree with that sentiment.
He'll be in for a big dissappointment

juno10
08-15-2011, 02:25 PM

:rolleyes:

Tony_Starks
08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Cavs have the # 1 pick, Wolves have David Kahn. Advantage Cavs......

joepfarley
08-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Cavs

LosDoyers1
08-15-2011, 04:06 PM
It's the T'Wolves for sure. If Kahn doesn't screw it up, then the T'Wolves have some nice pieces for the future.

RZZZA
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
I say Timberwolves. I think Rubio/Derrick Williams/Kevin Love will be a solid core to build around for the future.

Rubio will be a good PG in this league

Tony_Starks
08-15-2011, 04:31 PM
A lot depends on who the Wolves get to coach too. The Cavs already have a proven pg's coach who has shown he can work well with young players.

If the Wolves really do get done Nelson it would be a nightmare for the young guys. Random benchings. Random starts. Guys in the doghouse and they don't know why. His favorite player would probably be B-Easy because he won't hesitate to shoot everytime he touches it!

wjmoffatt
08-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Let me explain why i say the Cavs. To start I'm not a fan of either or dislike either team. Both have two of my favorite players; Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving.
There are reasons other than the talent they currently have on their rosters that goes into my deciding factor on why I would choose Cleveland. First is the simple fact that no free agent wants to go to Minnesota, yes i understand that no one would prefer Cleveland too. But if Kyrie Irving does become a Chris Paul players like Some have compared him to then other great athletes would potentially head to Cleveland. Again yes some might say good guards should and would go play with Love, BUT Kevin Love has a high chance of leaving Minnesota. The GM and ownership of Minnesota is maybe the worst or guaranteed bottom of the league. They can't keep a coach long enough for players to want to stay their. Cleveland on the other hand showed a little signs of brilliance last year when they were able to move Mo Williams contract for an expiring Barron Davis contract and the #1 Pick in the draft. Also, the Cavs were able to sell at many games last year (yes, understand it was because people thought that Lebron was coming back, but they still showed up to the games and cheered them on even after the fact that they knew he was gone).

MJ-BULLS
08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
I think both teams have a bright future.
But I'm going to have to go with the Minnesota Timberwolves, they already have a great player in Kevin love, and I love the draft pick of Derrick Williams. I think he has a chance to be a monster in this league. he has incredible athleticism and can shoot for a big men. it will be interesting to see how he will be able to fit alongside Love.

Bravo95
08-15-2011, 05:05 PM
In terms of the players, Minnesota. But front office and coaching, ehh.

Swashcuff
08-15-2011, 05:30 PM

The Philly fan base has had a good record of no blatant haters on PSD and have proven to have some of the most level headed fans. Then you start posting and are giving us all a bad name. Hate doesn't look good bro.

Bishnoff
08-15-2011, 05:51 PM
T-Wolves

Chill_Will_24
08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
He'll be in for a big dissappointment

Agreed. The thought that Lebron will retire without a ring is laughable. Even if he had stayed in CLE i still think he wouldve got at least one.