PDA

View Full Version : Jordan's Bobcats Jersey

JasonJohnHorn
08-14-2011, 07:45 PM
The Bobcats are hurting for revenue, no doubt. Good news. They have the most marketable player in NBA history on their team. He's just not playing for them. He owns them. Michael Jordan has (last time I checked) sold more Jerseys than any other NBA player in the history of the game. When I was in highschool it wasn't uncommon to see as many as 20 kids wearing Jordan Jerseys or t-shirts on a given day. Today, with a team in dire need of a cash influx, would it be a good idea to start selling the Jordan 23 in a Bobcats style? Fans outside of Charlotte may not be interested, but fans in Charlotte may like the idea, and some hardcore fans may want whatever new Jordan merchandise is available. It could turn into a trend where every fan sports their fav team with Jordan's name and number.

Could something like this help generate revenue for the foundering team, or would everybody pass on a Jordan/Bobcats jersey?

IndiansFan337
08-14-2011, 10:28 PM
I agree that they should look into selling his name on a Bobcats jersey, especially when you consider their lack of popular players on the current roster.

Chucky Woods
08-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Why don't you put Jordan's name on the back of every NBA teams jersey while your at it
Some profits go to the Bobcats by licensing his name
It would be what the MLB did with Jackie Robinson.

Hellcrooner
08-14-2011, 10:58 PM
how bout no.

i mean, i cant believe the hype machine is still working for mj 13 years after his retirement ( no that dude on the wizards was not jordan but the jordan from bizarro world ) .

23dragonzord
08-14-2011, 11:04 PM
how bout no.

i mean, i cant believe the hype machine is still working for mj 13 years after his retirement ( no that dude on the wizards was not jordan but the jordan from bizarro world ) .

you make 0 sense

gwrighter
08-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Charlotte has trouble filling the bottom half of the arena, do you think people will buy a charlotte Jordan jersey?

Dr.J>YOU
08-14-2011, 11:15 PM
dumb idea, before Blake Griffin or Derrick Rose who was the Clippers or Bulls star?

LakersMaster24
08-15-2011, 03:09 AM
dumb idea, before Blake Griffin or Derrick Rose who was the Clippers or Bulls star?

For the Clippers it was Baron Davis...

Bulls? Luol Deng or Hinrich? :o

On the topic thogh, I really dont think people would buy that jersey...its like having a Lakers Jerry Buss jersey. I understand Buss is not the GOAT of basketball but still...you want a jersey of a player that actually PLAYED or PLAYS for your team.

naps
08-15-2011, 04:13 AM
how bout no.

Dude, when are you gonna stop hating the GOAT. I have seen you make ridiculous posts hating MJ.

TO to the CHI
08-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Dude, when are you gonna stop hating the GOAT. I have seen you make ridiculous posts hating MJ.

MJ isn't from Spain or a Gasol. What did you expect from Crooner? :rolleyes:

bradyoverrated
08-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Why don't you put Jordan's name on the back of every NBA teams jersey while your at it
Some profits go to the Bobcats by licensing his name
It would be what the MLB did with Jackie Robinson.

...except Robinson broke the race barrier, while jordan just taught modern players to never pass the ball. one did something brave that transcends team allegiances, and the other ruined the nba.

i guess many unclothed children in africa would be thrilled to wear a "jordan" celtics, heat, magic, knicks, 76ers, jazz, lakers, suns, spurs, etc... jersey

bradyoverrated
08-15-2011, 08:16 AM

probably when people stop being lazy, and consider Russel, Majic, Bird, etc, too as the best ever

naps
08-15-2011, 09:15 AM
probably when people stop being lazy, and consider Russel, Majic, Bird, etc, too as the best ever

No because the gap between the GOAT and the #2 is fairly big. Michael Jordan is the undisputed GOAT. There's no one close to him, no debate.

Hellcrooner
08-15-2011, 02:47 PM
No because the gap between the GOAT and the #2 is fairly big. Michael Jordan is the undisputed GOAT. There's no one close to him, no debate.

hail jordan!!!!!

NetsPaint
08-16-2011, 12:17 AM
No. Jordan didn't do anything for that team as a player. In fact he didn't do anything for that team as a GM and owner. If he wants to suit up for the roster, then by all means, push that jersey hard.

LakersMaster24
08-16-2011, 05:23 AM
50 year old Jordan in the NBA lol wow.

Hellcrooner
08-16-2011, 09:44 AM
50 year old Jordan in the NBA lol wow.

he said half jokingly that he would play again at 50......you never know.
im sure he can still hog the ball to an uneffective, team record hurting 20 ppg
to make his monks :drool:

king4day
08-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm shocked at all the hate in this thread.
It's a good idea. Maybe put a patch on the jersey symbolizing he's the owner.

mttwlsn16
08-16-2011, 10:09 AM

elton brand

Chrisstyles
08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Like my man said how bout NO

I'm from NY but i been living in Charlotte for the past 6 years. If you no the state of NC you will no the Bobcats dont make sales because the people like football (college and Pros) and college basketball but mainly college sports. In NC we have University of North Carolina, Winston Salem, Duke, North Carolina State, Wake Forest and the list goes on. So thats why the Bobcats cant sell because there is so many college teams that people would rather see or where there product.

LakersMaster24
08-17-2011, 03:34 AM
he said half jokingly that he would play again at 50......you never know.
im sure he can still hog the ball to an uneffective, team record hurting 20 ppg
to make his monks :drool:

If he comes back I would bet anything in life, that the NBA would give him the MVP. :facepalm:

YourTeamSucks
08-17-2011, 05:14 AM
how bout no.

Stop being a racist Euro! Divac was not better than Jordan get over it

sventhedog
08-17-2011, 05:25 AM
great idea.

gilly
08-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Maybe 'Owner' #23 jerseys, just to signify he's the owner.

Mr Grim
08-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Why would I want an MJ jersey on team he never played for? He's a crap owner and even worse GM that hasnt done anything for that team.

If he's coming back to hog the ball and stunt growth (think Wizards) then by all means, roll that jersey out and start the selling.

Honestly though, who would actually waste money on an MJ jersey for a team that he NEVER played for.

JonnyBrav000
08-17-2011, 08:54 AM
how bout no.

First of all you make little sense, 2nd of all Jordan played very well with the Wizards, he just didn't play up to the level everyone was accustomed to seeing him perform at (which was Beast mode, The G.O.A.T. whatever you want to call it). However if you take into consideration his age and how long he was away from the game, no one (and I mean no one) could have ever done as well as he did and he did actually help the Wizards contend if you didn't notice.

Anyway, this is a bad idea as far as the Jerseys go. Horrible actually. All that would end up happening is a loss of money. However a Jordan Bobcats jersey can probably sell. But every team??? No. What would make money is if they change the logo and add the Jordan jump mad logo to NBA jerseys, but first we would need an end to the lockout, no point of doing this when there will be no season.