PDA

View Full Version : Eddy Curry Drops Another 28lbs in Comeback Attempt

dnewguy
08-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Center Eddy Curry is increasing his chances of generating serious interest from the Heat. Respected Chicago-based trainer Tim Grover said last week that since Curry's workout with Miami in late June, he has lost another 28 pounds and is now at 300.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/the-biggest-loser-is-eddy-curry-apparently-544788.html

According the NBA Champion Tyson Chandler, Curry is a top 3 center. The Miami Heat are monitoring Mr Curry's progress.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 04:09 PM
uh huh...good luck with that

tredigs
08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
The fact that Eddy Curry is still being looked at by NBA teams is a testament to just how terrible the bigs of this generation are. It's incredible how far they have fallen. I can't explain it.

The Flash
08-14-2011, 04:12 PM
yay

Hellcrooner
08-14-2011, 04:13 PM
lets say he drops another 30 and is in shape.

will he try to rebound of defend?

kozelkid
08-14-2011, 04:13 PM
I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope that Miami signs him. (Note my emphasis on "really").

eibbor
08-14-2011, 04:16 PM

He better, it's not like they would need him to score.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-14-2011, 04:19 PM
lol the guy wasn't even good when he was playing his best basketball.

RowBTrice
08-14-2011, 04:32 PM

this! lol

Crackadalic
08-14-2011, 04:34 PM
His best rebounding season was 7 rebounds per game...... I lost all hope for this guy

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 04:36 PM
You guys are missing the point! The fact that he is working his butt off just to get an NBA gig is impressive. He is finally showing love for the game, this guy never cared for the game and he went thru a lot....with his daughter passing away, legal problems, conditioning, ect..

The guy has some nice post moves and will comand the double which will open up the lanes for a slashing wade/lebron and our three point shooters. With bosh bringing out his defender curry can pound the ball against 26 teams and that only leaves players like Howard, Bynum, Chandler, I'm missing another center that can actually guard him 1on1

John Walls Era
08-14-2011, 04:37 PM
300 is still a lot, wish him luck though. Tyson might be hyping him a bit too much.

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 04:41 PM

That's right 20ppg 7rpg 1.5bpg is not good at all! His points are going to down with heat (13ppg?) but I'm sure he is going to focus on rebounding and the heat specialty DEFENSE!

I predict if he makes it, 10ppg 10 rpg 1bpg

MVP20
08-14-2011, 04:42 PM
He had a few good years. Id like to see what he has left, if he does make a comeback, but not expecting anything special.

gwrighter
08-14-2011, 04:45 PM
the only reason he's trying to comeback is because he's broke & wants to get payed. don't try & convince yourselves that he's actually fallen back "in love" with the game.

eibbor
That's right 20ppg 7rpg 1.5bpg is not good at all! His points are going to down with heat (13ppg?) but I'm sure he is going to focus on rebounding and the heat specialty DEFENSE!

This.

Also, with so many that waste their talent... At least he's giving it a shot. gotta respect that IMO
He might not avg 10, but it's not points that they would need from him.

Crackadalic

He is just not a good rebounder at all. Amare isnt even a good rebounder and he's a career 9rpg type guy. Eddy average over a block a game ONCE and that was he's third season. Im well aware of his personal issues outside of basketball and I wish him the best but he is not gonna be the player you want him to be at all

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 04:46 PM
300 is still a lot, wish him luck though. Tyson might be hyping him a bit too much.

Shaq was at 325 with heat? Besides, Riley will only look at him again if he drops another 12-15 pounds which will list him at 285 pounds at 7 feet tall. That's pretty dam good size!

Kashmir13579
08-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I Knew it was Curry before i even clicked on it. He's broke.

gwrighter
08-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Eddy curry averages 0.3 stls, 0.7 blks & 4.3 fouls per 36 min throughout his career. You're better off trading for Bargnani @ C then signing this guy. Real talk.

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 04:52 PM
He is just not a good rebounder at all. Amare isnt even a good rebounder and he's a career 9rpg type guy. Eddy average over a block a game ONCE and that was he's third season. Im well aware of his personal issues outside of basketball and I wish him the best but he is not gonna be the player you want him to be at all

I think 10ppg 10rpg 1 bpg is not asking for much for a guy that is capable reaching those numbers and he is going to play his but off for two reasons. To show he belongs in the NBA and for a bigger contract. The heat
is a non nonsense Orginazation and he would have to be on a strict diet and can't get any trouble or he will be gone!

Stack_NJNets
08-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I'd give him vet min if I was the Heat

AddiX
08-14-2011, 04:58 PM
LMAO, this dude is done, give it up.

This aint the first time hes lost weight. The fat fck was in his contract year last year and was so fat and pathetic my Knicks brought in Anthony Mason to baby sit him and keep him away from the team.

This fat piece of trash is going where he belongs, the welfare line.

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Eddy curry averages 0.3 stls, 0.7 blks & 4.3 fouls per 36 min throughout his career. You're better off trading for Bargnani @ C then signing this guy. Real talk.

Nice! You put his worst stats to make him look bad WOW! Who cares if your center avg 0.3 steals? Get real dude. His blocks will go up with the heat since we focus on defense and we have the best mentor in ZO ala (Anthony) as far as his foul trouble, that won't be an issue since he will be a in rotation with 4 other bigs! Ny never really had any other bigs to rotate.

sixer04fan
08-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Top 3 center? wtf?

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 05:02 PM
I'd give him vet min if I was the Heat

Not even that! Lol! I think it will be less?

faridk89
08-14-2011, 05:03 PM
the only reason he's trying to comeback is because he's broke & wants to get payed. don't try & convince yourselves that he's actually fallen back "in love" with the game.

amen

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Top 3 center? wtf?

I laughed at that to. He is defiantly not a top 3!

Cal827
08-14-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't know... I think it's been too long off the NBA court for him.. D'Antoni didn't play the guy in his final seasons. I wish him the best though. Not sure if the Heat are a fit though. He averaged about 7 per game on the boards and in his last semi-full year, he averaged about five... getting to 10 per year (as suggested) considering the conditions seems like a big stretch... I'm thinking he could produce 5-4 coming off the bench for like 14 mins per game at the max.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Former Top NBA Center???? LMFAO.

cheaptrikz
08-14-2011, 05:16 PM
i saw him at target here in chicago like 2 weeks ago, he did look slimmer

gwrighter
08-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Nice! You put his worst stats to make him look bad WOW! Who cares if your center avg 0.3 steals? Get real dude. His blocks will go up with the heat since we focus on defense and we have the best mentor in ZO ala (Anthony) as far as his foul trouble, that won't be an issue since he will be a in rotation with 4 other bigs! Ny never really had any other bigs to rotate.

I posted a few of his defensive stats that happen to be his bad stats as well. see a correlation?

his blocks won't go up...he is coming midway through his prime years all of which he spent obese. how much more athletic can he get? none. he is if anything declining physically. Joel is younger than Curry, how is he a mentor of his? Don't gas yourself up man, your going to be disappointed with the results. Curry is not going to take the heat over the hump. A new coach will.

correction: Anthony is older.

NBA_Starter
08-14-2011, 05:18 PM
He should be serviceable at least.

KnicksR4Real
08-14-2011, 05:21 PM
hahaha

Cal827
08-14-2011, 05:21 PM
It's amazing that this guy is only 29 :facepalm:

Swashcuff
08-14-2011, 05:24 PM
From the thread title I just knew it was Eddy Curry. Smh

Silent
08-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Lmao at the title are u****ing high when in the world was he a top 15 center top 3 hahahahahhahahaha

AddiX
08-14-2011, 05:25 PM
He should only have about another 40 lbs to lose than.

PS: you guys are also forgetting he hasnt actually played NBA ball on a high level in probably 5 years or so.

The only reason he is even trying to make a comeback is because the state wont give him enough food stamps to feed himself.

jaysfan46
08-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Seeing kntresistheheat pimp up Curry is pretty funny. The guy was never a good defender and I doubt he'll be able to do much offensively any more.

YoungOne
08-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Heat fans would make a ray allen out of scalabrine :D

TO Rapz
08-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Top 3 centre? :laugh:

llemon
08-14-2011, 05:52 PM
You guys are missing the point! The fact that he is working his butt off just to get an NBA gig is impressive. He is finally showing love for the game, this guy never cared for the game and he went thru a lot....with his daughter passing away, legal problems, conditioning, ect

Love of the game? He's going for another big payday.

He's Jerome James II.

douglas
08-14-2011, 06:27 PM
I think Curry is going to stink if he makes a comeback, but let me ask you guys this. If you were broke and had the talent to get an NBA contract, wouldn't you work to get that paper as well?

MTar786
08-14-2011, 06:47 PM
lol i hear people say he will average 10rpg. hahaa.. tis guy sucks terribly.. if the heat are looking into him at center then their problems at that position are far worse than anyone thought. i hope they sign him and in the contract it says they have to play him atleast 30mins per game lol

The Flash
08-14-2011, 06:47 PM
saw him at a local McDonalds , he looked in shape

MrfadeawayJB
08-14-2011, 06:48 PM
He lost 28 lbs and is now 300? Damn how big was he???

gwrighter
08-14-2011, 06:50 PM
saw him at a local McDonalds , he looked in shape

that's an oxymoron.

Lim
08-14-2011, 06:59 PM

are you bat $h!t crazy? he wont even sniff those numbers on the heat

LA_Raiders
08-14-2011, 07:24 PM

328lbs maybe? lol

I wonder what is the biggest he has ever been...

Cubs Win
08-14-2011, 07:27 PM
A former top NBA center? :laugh2:

He was only that good once dnewguy heard he may be coming to the Heat.

RLundi
08-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Low risk, high reward. I don't see why not. If he can give the Heat 10 points and 6 boards, I'd say it's a success.

Max Power
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Haven't we heard this BS from this clown before? Like 5-6 times?

Reminds of a discussion I had with a friend watching a Bulls game the year after they drafted this POC. He argued that Curry had too many tools to fail. I laughed. He said "he's only 20, give him five years to mature" to which I answered "You know what slow, fat, dumb 20 year olds become after five years?--Slow, fat, dumb 25 year olds"
And I was right.

Even if the getting into shape rumor happens to be true, this time, the sixth time around, he'll disappoint, he's Eddy Curry.

tredigs
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Don't call it a comeback, he was never there.

Spacolie716
08-14-2011, 08:36 PM
they need to worry about scoring off the bench, (DEAD LAST). like they need more jamaal magloires.

eibbor
08-14-2011, 08:51 PM

Seriously dude...

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Magloire and dampier will be gone, Curry won't even be our top priorty at center, our target would be Dalembert at center. It's just nice to hear a guy that is determined wether it's the game, health, or money. Who cares? It's another big that we can use and it's not just a dead body under the basket in the offensive end like Anthony! He doesn't know what to do with the ball when he gets it. Curry will at least score his 10 points and 6 boards.... Give him at least that!

There's no really not that much true centers in the league and we need a guy that can post up.

I tell you haters will continue to hate! Most of you guys said that the heat won't pass the celtics then the bulls and that we won't make the finals! Well, keep hating because you guys are good at it and we love proving you guys wrong! I'm pulling for you curry and LET'S GO HEAT!

Hawkeye15
08-14-2011, 09:13 PM
The fact that Eddy Curry is still being looked at by NBA teams is a testament to just how terrible the bigs of this generation are. It's incredible how far they have fallen. I can't explain it.

um this x 10000000. The center position has never been this weak. Not in all of history. Sad

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 09:15 PM
I tell you haters will continue to hate! Most of you guys said that the heat won't pass the celtics then the bulls and that we won't make the finals! Well, keep hating because you guys are good at it and we love proving you guys wrong! I'm pulling for you curry and LET'S GO HEAT!

:laugh:

It's considered hating on the Heat now to say Eddy Curry sucks? He's not even a Heat player yet!

Boy oh boy, if you guys have your hearts set on Eddy Curry, you're really setting your standards low.

Max Power
08-14-2011, 09:16 PM
He hasn't even signed with the Heat, and the fans are already getting defensive. Kind of funny.

I'd laugh at any team that fell for this clown's annual "I's getin in shape" spiel-so don't flatter yourself Heat fans, just keep pretending that he really is in shape this time.

effen5
08-14-2011, 09:21 PM

Helllll Nooooo.....

When Curry was actually in shape and was trying to earn his big contract....remember what Skiles said?

Reporter: What can eddy do to rebound better?
Skiles: Jump

/thread

Bulls fans know this.....Knicks fans know this.

Edit: Most Knicks fan know this.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 09:24 PM
The Heat don't even need a center to get them 20 PPG and take a ton of FGA's away from Lebron Wade and Bosh.

what they need is a purely defensive big, someone like Asik. Just stand there, defend the basket and rebound and thats pretty much it.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Why are Heat fans getting defensive in here?? You haven't even signed him yet, and do you really care about the annual "Eddie Curry cares" foundation?

Move on, I know basketball is boring right now, but there is no need to defend a bloated fatty who has leached the NBA for years, and is one of the primary examples of why we are now in a lockout...

justinnum1
08-14-2011, 09:32 PM
For the vet min, sure.

Bulls_fan90
08-14-2011, 09:43 PM
For the vet min, sure.

What else would any team offer for that fat has-been?

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 09:51 PM

It's considered hating on the Heat now to say Eddy Curry sucks? He's not even a Heat player yet!

Boy oh boy, if you guys have your hearts set on Eddy Curry, you're really setting your standards low.

Have you read all my post? Or you just choosing what you want to read? No one is setting their hearts on curry, he is just another big body that can provide offense and will contribute on defense because that is what the heat work on really hard. We want Sammy D as our center and like most of you said the center position is slim and we can use another big body!

Sandman
08-14-2011, 09:53 PM
He jokes about his recent weight loss, to which he will not attach a number but has been estimated at about 40 pounds less than he was last season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/story?columnist=isaacson_melissa&id=4752556

...and thats from 2009, which is the last time he played.

Corey
08-14-2011, 09:54 PM
If he was over 300lbs I think he was technically legally obese. That sucks.

kntresistheheat
08-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Why are Heat fans getting defensive in here?? You haven't even signed him yet, and do you really care about the annual "Eddie Curry cares" foundation?

Move on, I know basketball is boring right now, but there is no need to defend a bloated fatty who has leached the NBA for years, and is one of the primary examples of why we are now in a lockout...

There's also no reason to offend the guy, let him step in the court again before we start bashing him. It might be a feel good story and you ain't giving him a chance, and let's not pin point him by using him as the example of the lockout! Your making urself look bad.

SteBO
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM

You sir, are a hater :)

GoPacers33
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM
So that drops his weight to 300 lbs. :)

Stuckey#3
08-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Dude is probably out of cash again. I can see him train up just long enough to get signed... and maybe play his *** off long enough to get a contract extension; then it will be out of the gym and back to the buffet. Complete waste of talent IMO.

I hope they do sign him.

Hey I hear Antoine Walker is looking for work too.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
There's also no reason to offend the guy, let him step in the court again before we start bashing him. It might be a feel good story and you ain't giving him a chance, and let's not pin point him by using him as the example of the lockout! Your making urself look bad.

How am I making myself look bad? If anything, Curry has put forth mountains of evidence for all of us to criticize.

And you don't think Curry is a perfect example of the broken NBA contract situation? A man who plays well, gets a huge guaranteed contract, and then joins his own version of Man vs Food?

I just simply find it interesting that a few Miami fans are defending him like he is on the roster. Let the man cut weight and show he actually gives a **** for a season or two before we clap our hands that an overpaid, unproductive, non-caring athlete is "making a comeback"

Raps18-19 Champ
08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
I remember when he was in the ASG.

How times have passed.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Magloire and dampier will be gone, Curry won't even be our top priorty at center, our target would be Dalembert at center. It's just nice to hear a guy that is determined wether it's the game, health, or money. Who cares? It's another big that we can use and it's not just a dead body under the basket in the offensive end like Anthony! He doesn't know what to do with the ball when he gets it. Curry will at least score his 10 points and 6 boards.... Give him at least that!

There's no really not that much true centers in the league and we need a guy that can post up.

WTF is wrong with you?

We are talking **** about a guy who's not even on the Heat.

Him trying to sign with any other team and he's get the same ****.

IndiansFan337
08-14-2011, 10:21 PM
I doubt he will ever have another season where he averages beyond 20 mpg. With that being said, the Heat would probably be thrilled if they could get 10 ppg out of anyone at the C position.

Stuckey#3
08-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Eddie Curry is in talks to play at Sizzler during the NBA lockout.

97NYer
08-14-2011, 10:36 PM
11 pts 7 rebounds 1 block

It'sMyTime
08-14-2011, 10:59 PM
I saw him at mcdonalds the other day

ahan88
08-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Have you read all my post? Or you just choosing what you want to read? No one is setting their hearts on curry, he is just another big body that can provide offense and will contribute on defense because that is what the heat work on really hard. We want Sammy D as our center and like most of you said the center position is slim and we can use another big body!

Man you're way too emotional. The guy might be able to do some good things on the court for a team but he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point. I hope for his sake that he can figure it out and if he can, it would help a team with a void at centre. But, I'm not optimistic. He was serviceable in his hay and he would be an upgrade over dampier if he's even half of what he once was, but the odds of that are slim (unlike curry himself) to nil.

ManningToTyree
08-14-2011, 11:40 PM

I know you can't appreciate it, but having experienced Eddy Curry on my favorite team, I can honestly say this is the most humorous post I have ever seen.

Algmuskrats
08-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Well good luck to him but hes got alongg ways to go.

Evolution23
08-15-2011, 12:29 AM

Let me be the 1st to tell you Curry will never average 10 rebounds per game. He won't even attempt to do that because he will get injured before the season starts if there is one.

Evolution23
08-15-2011, 12:30 AM

Exactly

NYKnicks4511
08-15-2011, 12:43 AM

If Eddy Curry averages 10 rpg for a full season I'll chop off my wang.

Evolution23
08-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Helllll Nooooo.....

When Curry was actually in shape and was trying to earn his big contract....remember what Skiles said?

Reporter: What can eddy do to rebound better?
Skiles: Jump

/thread

Bulls fans know this.....Knicks fans know this.

Edit: Most Knicks fan know this.

All Knicks fans know this

Ebbs
08-15-2011, 01:08 AM
I hope he proves everyone wrong and coems back a stud. I hate how cynical this world is now. Guy is busting his *** trying to become better and people still only see negative.

jetsfan28
08-15-2011, 01:21 AM
I don't get why the Heat are looking at him, that's literally the 1 team in the league I think he can't help. He can't rebound or play defense, so he needs to play on a team where he can put his hands on the ball.

That being said, when he's healthy and in shape, there are very few players better in the low post. After seeing Z-Bo mature, maybe Curry can as well.

DE9394
08-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Darko and Kwame > Curry

naps
08-15-2011, 02:33 AM
LOL. Why are people acting like he'll be the starting center? He'll probably be a 3rd/4th string most of the nights if he's actually signed. And then only if he shows promises he might actually be a rotation player.

LakersMaster24
08-15-2011, 02:53 AM
If Eddy Curry averages 10 rpg for a full season I'll chop off my wang.

Count me in lol no way he averages 10 or anywhere close to that.

beasted86
08-15-2011, 09:05 AM

That's exactly why I don't understand how a couple Heat fans are so excited.

Even when he was healthy that was a major problem in his game.

beasted86
08-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Man you're way too emotional. The guy might be able to do some good things on the court for a team but he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point. I hope for his sake that he can figure it out and if he can, it would help a team with a void at centre. But, I'm not optimistic. He was serviceable in his hay and he would be an upgrade over dampier if he's even half of what he once was, but the odds of that are slim (unlike curry himself) to nil.

:clap:

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself. He does no longer get the benefit of the doubt. Let him make it through a full training camp, and get down to 10% body fat (as that is a Heat team rule).

beasted86
08-15-2011, 09:09 AM

x10000000

SteBO
08-15-2011, 09:27 AM
That's exactly why I don't understand how a couple Heat fans are so excited.

Even when he was healthy that was a major problem in his game.

:clap:

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself. He does no longer get the benefit of the doubt. Let him make it through a full training camp, and get down to 10% body fat (as that is a Heat team rule).
I knew these responses would come from you, and I agree 100%. I don't see a reason why Eddy Curry should be given a pass. He's working hard and losing the weigt, which is great to hear, but the guy hasn't played in how many years? If the Heat fans in here that have been defending him in here the same way they defend LeBron really think that Eddy Curry is going to have a instant impact, then we're in bigger trouble at the center spot than I thought. We need to see how he does in disciplined Heat camp first before we start claiming he'd average 10 rebounds per game on the Heat.:laugh2: He'll be extremely lucky to be even a rotation player on the Heat. If he does make the roster, I predict he'd be our 3rd or even 4th string center.

Lord Leoshes
08-15-2011, 09:29 AM
If we sing Dally like we want, curry wont really mater. But if we go with a Battier/Hill type player instead, then a 285/10% body fat Curry,(for the min) off the bench could still command a double team & help with the scoring, for a team that was last in the league in scoring off the bench.

8 points & 5 rebounds in 20 min of the bench is the most in can see at the top of his game. But it would still be enough.

& that's not counting all the vet ring chasers that will want to jump on board that could probably wind up being better options anyways.

kntresistheheat
08-15-2011, 09:47 AM
I hope he proves everyone wrong and coems back a stud. I hate how cynical this world is now. Guy is busting his *** trying to become better and people still only see negative.

This.

I'm pulling for the guy and just giving my opinion and predictions and I'm getting torn up! Even from my fellow heat fans.. Lol! Listen, I'm not saying the guy is going to be the savior or even a starter but I think if the guy is working his but off, I think he will push to get big numbers to A) Get a extension B) Get paid!

STAT1
08-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Comeback or on crack?

colinskik
08-15-2011, 09:55 AM

This guy's delusional. Those were his numbers when Isiah forced him to be the star of the team, a wacky experiment which I hope you remember failed miserably.

strahan92osi72
08-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Looks like lard assss is looking for another team to sit on the bench and collect money and use it on every Chinese Buffet in sight. I do hope the Heat sign him, 10 rebounds? What a crock of sheet. Even when he was playing his best ball he averaged 7 rebounds tops. I can see Lebron and Wade already giving Eddy dirty looks and throwing their hands up in the air as they wait for him to get his fat assss up and down the court.

PennyMy#1
08-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Top 3 Center ?

Like ... uhm ... Top 3 Center in the WNBA or what ?

kntresistheheat
08-15-2011, 10:14 AM
This guy's delusional. Those were his numbers when Isiah forced him to be the star of the team, a wacky experiment which I hope you remember failed miserably.

I'm aware that was his only good year! Relax!!! I'm just saying that is what he woul be the numbers he would shoot for but that won't happen in a heat uniform! So, I think IMO he will be closer to a 10 10 but again those numbers all depend on his conditioning and his minutes.

strahan92osi72
08-15-2011, 10:16 AM

What team do you root for? Lets see your team pay him millions over a 7 year period so he can park his fat assss on the bench and steal millions from your team after the 6th time he was supposedly "working hard". Then we'll see how much you like him after that.

kntresistheheat
08-15-2011, 10:26 AM
What team do you root for? Lets see your team pay him millions over a 7 year period so he can park his fat assss on the bench and steal millions from your team after the 6th time he was supposedly "working hard". Then we'll see how much you like him after that.

People change.

strahan92osi72
08-15-2011, 10:29 AM
People change.

A leaopard doesn't change its spots. I can promise you Curry won't change. I watched him for seven years and he never changed despite the fact that he said he would. Even after he worked out.

Mr Grim
08-15-2011, 10:38 AM
You guys are missing the point! The fact that he is working his butt off just to get an NBA gig is impressive. He is finally showing love for the game, this guy never cared for the game and he went thru a lot....with his daughter passing away, legal problems, conditioning, ect..

I think you're missing the point and you're beyond delusional. Curry got paid big cash from the Knicks and couldnt/wouldnt/refused to stay in any type of shape.

How is it impressive he's working his butt off to get a gig? You think every guy who gets an invite to summer camp doesnt do the same? How is he showing love for the game when he's been one of the single biggest busts because of his laziness and horrendous attitude?

If he never cared for the game in the first place and couldnt bother to get his *** in playing shape for millions, this time will be no different. This garbage pre-dates his child dying btw.

Good luck to you bandwagon heat fans that want him. Any fan of the game of basketball wouldnt want an underachieveing waste of space that wont get into shape and then gets a plethora of mysterious injuries.

Mr Grim
08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
BTW, Curry also plays less than zero defense

Jamiecballer
08-15-2011, 10:48 AM

for sure. a Bosh/Bargnani frontcourt would surely succeed. :facepalm:

ttam68
08-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Shocking that he'd lose a ton of weight after his contract runs out. Even more shocking that some of you are dumb enough to believe he could get 10-10-1.5 and draw double teams. In his prime he was an awful rebounder.

Shmontaine
08-15-2011, 11:10 AM
he will only draw doubles because he takes up so much of the court, it would be impossible not to draw a double...

136 would become permanent jump shooters with this fool clogging the lane...

jetsfan28
08-15-2011, 11:15 AM
He's 28 years old and shot 57.6% from the field as a 24 year old while being the primary focus on a ****** team where he was constantly doubled. The guy has talent, there's no reason for people to deny that. Even if he's just playing 10 minutes per game, he can put up 6 points and 3 rebounds a game on over 55% shooting if he's in remotely decent shape, I find it hard to believe there aren't quite a few teams who would want that.

LongWayFromHome
08-15-2011, 11:15 AM

it was 0.5

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-15-2011, 11:17 AM
lol at heat fans thinking curry would average around 10/10 lmfao.

he will probably never play in an nba game anymore:laugh2:

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-15-2011, 11:20 AM
If he was going to any team besides the Heat the same guy singing his praises would be bashing him. Lets say if he went back to Chicago or signed with Boston. I'm sure he'd change his tune

PC
08-15-2011, 11:31 AM

He may not be a great help defender but his post defense was actually pretty solid

3mikee_
08-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Maybe if Riley was the coach .. I'll believe it when I see it.

ttam68
08-15-2011, 01:33 PM
He averaged 13 and 4.5 in 58 games TWO years ago on a Mike D team, why would anyone think he's more than a 12th man at this point.

Teams (esp. Miami lately) love to have big guys on the bench, but its nothing more than that.

colinskik
08-15-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm aware that was his only good year! Relax!!! I'm just saying that is what he woul be the numbers he would shoot for but that won't happen in a heat uniform! So, I think IMO he will be closer to a 10 10 but again those numbers all depend on his conditioning and his minutes.
Whoa. Whoa there. I was entirely relaxed in my post, you're the one who seems to freaking out because everyone is serving you a dose of the truth and your blind homerism for the Heat has been easily sniffed out.

Point is, his best season, when he was receiving a ton of mins, he still only managed 7rpg. And that's as a 7 footer on a team that lacked rebounding.

You truly must be whacked out if you think Curry will come anywhere near 10rpg with so much time away from the game, an awful work ethic and since he still refuses to jump even a half an inch off the ground. It's 100% impossible.

This story has been the same tale for years now. Eddy is losing weight, he's on his way back, oh wait a min he's injured again becuase his legs can't support his tubby lardbutt.

Just except it dude. You don't want him on your team. Trust.

Cal827
08-15-2011, 02:49 PM
for sure. a Bosh/Bargnani frontcourt would surely succeed. :facepalm:

Lim
08-15-2011, 03:20 PM

i cant tell if you're a troll or just incredibly utterly ********

Fnom11
08-15-2011, 04:15 PM

Yes he was?

RZZZA
08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
ITT you have Knicks fans and Bulls fans coming together to agree on something.

If I was a Heat fan, I'd listen, because that doesn't happen often.

Geargo Wallace
08-15-2011, 04:21 PM
So he lost 28 pounds. So now that puts him at about 400lbs?

sep11ie
08-15-2011, 04:22 PM
So last offseason they signed the "big 3". This offseason they are signing the "big 300".

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes he was?

:facepalm:

greg_ory_2005
08-15-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm guessing he's only in his late 20's. Good luck to him.

Tony_Starks
08-15-2011, 04:53 PM
If he can keep dropping lbs I can see the Heat giving him the minimum. Its not like they need him to be all world or anything all they need him to be is a post threat which he is more than capable of doing.

MJ-BULLS
08-15-2011, 05:03 PM
It's just sad to see that this guy hasn't been able to put it all together, he really had talent to become a good solid player, but his deal with food has got in the way of him. good to see him try and make a comeback attempt. Good luck.

mRc08
08-15-2011, 05:16 PM
ITT you have Knicks fans and Bulls fans coming together to agree on something.

If I was a Heat fan, I'd listen, because that doesn't happen often.

x2

Curry sucks. I almost hope the heat sign him so we can say we told you so;)

sammid21
08-15-2011, 05:22 PM
x2

Curry sucks. I almost hope the heat sign him so we can say we told you so;)

Nope, they'll still praise him and say we are all hating.

I hope he gets his head on straight, he used to be one of my favorite players, was exciting to watch when he had a good game, he had a lot of finess for a fat guy

SteBO
08-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Guys, Eddy Curry wouldn't even sniff being a rotation player........The guy has to prove himself first and I'm not convinced yet. I hope he can get back to being a productive player though. I wish him the best in his efforts to make a comeback.

Tony_Starks
08-15-2011, 05:33 PM
In all fairness to Curry he did make a few legit attempts to comeback in NY but D'Antoni gave him the total screw off......

Heater4life
08-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Guys, Eddy Curry wouldn't even sniff being a rotation player........The guy has to prove himself first and I'm not convinced yet. I hope he can get back to being a productive player though. I wish him the best in his efforts to make a comeback.

Agree with this.

Him working out this hard puts him in a good position to come in and prove himself. I dont see anything wrong with signing him for the minimum once he gets in game shape.

Low risk, high reward possibility.

effen5
08-16-2011, 12:30 AM

Cynical?

This guy took up half of the Knicks salary by sitting on the bench....he should have been bustin his *** 6 years ago....not 2011.

Lord Leoshes
08-16-2011, 11:42 AM

Yes Curry is a horrible weak side defender, but a solid on the ball defender in the post.

blahblahyoutoo
08-16-2011, 05:56 PM
If he was over 300lbs I think he was technically legally obese. That sucks.

what are the legal ramifications of being obese?

blahblahyoutoo
08-16-2011, 06:00 PM
In all fairness to Curry he did make a few legit attempts to comeback in NY but D'Antoni gave him the total screw off......

for good reason.

raidermadsen
08-16-2011, 06:31 PM
he wld fit right in with the heat no defense

OlivaThor
08-16-2011, 06:34 PM
I wish him only the best, 10+6 somethimes power dunk and I will be happy

xxplayerxx23
08-16-2011, 07:00 PM
At his best he was a good scorer, good player. I dont know if he would be good for the heat. unless he is willing to rebound and Play defense, I wish him luck though. I hope he can get down to 270 BY the season

carlo
08-16-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't get why the Heat are looking at him, that's literally the 1 team in the league I think he can't help. He can't rebound or play defense, so he needs to play on a team where he can put his hands on the ball.

That being said, when he's healthy and in shape, there are very few players better in the low post. After seeing Z-Bo mature, maybe Curry can as well.

He has the same agent as Lebron. My guess is the Heat have 0 interest in him, but are trying to hype him up around the league as a favor to Lebron's agent. It's really the only thing that makes sense. Anthony is much better than Curry on an overall basis. And besides, Curry NEEDS THE BALL to be remotely effective ..... just makes no sense that Miami really has legit interest.

OlivaThor
08-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Everyone at C with 8-10 points per game is for heat succes, and i believe, that under Wade and James, he will yield up the ghost on court

blastmasta26
08-16-2011, 08:51 PM
what are the legal ramifications of being obese?
You're not allowed to sue McDonalds.

king4day
08-16-2011, 08:57 PM

While true, people forget how good Curry was before D'Antoni came along. Nearly an allstar.
Miami could catch lightning in a bottle with him.