PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Kobe Bryant for anyone in the league for 1 year only?

Dr.J>YOU
08-13-2011, 10:58 PM
If so who?

Chacarron
08-13-2011, 11:15 PM
I'd take Paul, Lebron or Wade.

LakersMaster24
08-14-2011, 12:37 AM
I would only take Wade. Because if you trade for anyone else, you will mess up the whole rotation.

LosDoyers1
08-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Nope, I wouldn't do it even if I was guaranteed a championship. Kobe is a Laker for life!

Avenged
08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Are we talking 1 year rentals? If so, no, for nobody. I'd rather have Kobe in his state than a player like Lebron for 1 year only and then lose out on both.

GREATNESS ONE
08-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Never.

LakersMaster24
08-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Are we talking 1 year rentals? If so, no, for nobody. I'd rather have Kobe in his state than a player like Lebron for 1 year only and then lose out on both.

Wait wait wait, I think since its one year, then after that one year you will get Kobe back. Isn't it like that?

myqntab
08-14-2011, 05:08 PM
nno one is the easy answer.....but if i HAD to choose someone, just for arguments sake....it would be durant

bigboyblu
08-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Wait wait wait, I think since its one year, then after that one year you will get Kobe back. Isn't it like that?

That's how I understood it, that being said I'd take Dirk just cause he's been my favorite player for years and it would be cool to see him as a laker if only for 1 year.

lakersiznumber1
08-14-2011, 07:18 PM
nobody kobes purple and yellow for life the best player since mj anybody who picked anybody else should never wear our colours again:facepalm: ******* you:clap:

lakers4sho
08-15-2011, 02:47 AM
I would trade him for a younger Kobe Bryant.

GREATNESS ONE
08-15-2011, 02:52 AM
hahahaha ^^ Cheater Lakers4Sho !!!! I wouldn't trade Kobe for a day, the hell with every other player !

Dr.J>YOU
08-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Kobe is finished to me. I'd trade him for Carmelo Anthony right now.

Chacarron
08-15-2011, 12:58 PM

Noooooooooo thanks.

Lake_Show2416
08-15-2011, 02:20 PM

:facepalm:

Bruno
08-15-2011, 08:09 PM
He's done too much for the organization. Laker for life.

If you're gona trade him you need to consider the rotation.

Not to say Wade wouldn't fit in nicely in his role.

Dr.J>YOU
08-15-2011, 10:50 PM
:facepalm:

Yes he is. We saw it last season.

GREATNESS ONE
08-18-2011, 12:33 PM

:punish

Lakers14
08-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Nope, I wouldn't do it even if I was guaranteed a championship. Kobe is a Laker for life!

this have to be 1 of the dumbest comments in Laker fan history LMAO. If u are guaranteed a championship you have to make the trade. Well if you're a true Laker fan or the owner of the Lakers.

But I would trade Kobe for CP3 straight up. Lakers have enough pieces to win with CP3.

Chacarron
08-19-2011, 12:08 AM
this have to be 1 of the dumbest comments in Laker fan history LMAO. If u are guaranteed a championship you have to make the trade. Well if you're a true Laker fan or the owner of the Lakers.

But I would trade Kobe for CP3 straight up. Lakers have enough pieces to win with CP3.

This guy gets it.

Hurricane H
08-21-2011, 01:00 AM
What stupid poll is this? Trade for one year only?

GREATNESS ONE
08-21-2011, 07:22 PM
This guy gets it.

This isn't the Clippers. The Lakers will always win Championships.You don't trade Kobe, even if you're guaranteed 1 Ring. Kobe being traded would be a tremendous backlash to the organization. He's been here since day one. He's Won rings, multiple. He STILL has the opportunity to win more. Trade Him? Pfft.

I do agree it's Lakers first and every player, person or thing second. But you don't trade Kobe, Just like you don't trade Magic. Kobe is here for life.

Chacarron
08-21-2011, 09:20 PM
This isn't the Clippers. The Lakers will always win Championships.You don't trade Kobe, even if you're guaranteed 1 Ring. Kobe being traded would be a tremendous backlash to the organization. He's been here since day one. He's Won rings, multiple. He STILL has the opportunity to win more. Trade Him? Pfft.

I do agree it's Lakers first and every player, person or thing second. But you don't trade Kobe, Just like you don't trade Magic. Kobe is here for life.

I would trade Kobe, maybe not for a 1-year rental, but I certainly wouldn't pass up the opportunity to get a Lebron James or a Dwight Howard or a Chris Paul because of 1) Kobe's contract and 2) Kobe's age.

Avenged
08-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Just because the Lakers have multiple championships before, doesn't mean it guarantees more for the future. If you have the chance at a young top 5 player for Kobe, you take it. Would you have done this a few years ago? Of course not. I would much rather keep Kobe though, he is, hopefully, a Laker for life.

GREATNESS ONE
08-21-2011, 11:42 PM
LMAO ^ You guys are 2 of the more respectful minds on PSD, especially what I've seen in the last 6 years of being here. But trading Kobe now makes no sense, especially for Business. There is no way in the world you can trade a face that has led us to multiple championships for over a decade. There's just absolutely no way, Kobe forever will sell for the Lakers, Buss has easily probably collected 5-10x more than he ever signed Kobe in merchandise. The way I see it, we're talking about pretty much any other player in the last 20 years in Laker land other then Magic Johnson. Kobe is it, He's the Man with all the accolades, he's the man who's statue they're preparing , he's the guy with multiple rings, he's the man the will help lead us to another. He will be a Laker for life and we all should feel blessed to have such a tenacious, hungry, driven, perfectionist wear Purple and Gold.

Anyway, Kinda boring around here !!!!! Back 2 RAIDER FOOTBALL:guns:

Avenged
08-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I personally, would be reluctant to do it only because I have grown up watching Kobe, and have witnessed his highs and lows pertaining to basketball. This is me talking as a Laker a fan.

As an objective fan, that is, someone out looking in, I would trade Kobe for a younger, better player. Consider yourself for one second not being a Laker fan (I know, it's difficult ;)), and you see a team has offered a 25 or lower age player who is currently top 5 in the league for Kobe, would you do it? I'm leaning towards yes.

But as Laker fans, it's hard to imagine Kobe ever being traded or not donning a Laker jersey.

Chacarron
08-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I personally, would be reluctant to do it only because I have grown up watching Kobe, and have witnessed his highs and lows pertaining to basketball. This is me talking as a Laker a fan.

As an objective fan, that is, someone out looking in, I would trade Kobe for a younger, better player. Consider yourself for one second not being a Laker fan (I know, it's difficult ;)), and you see a team has offered a 25 or lower age player who is currently top 5 in the league for Kobe, would you do it? I'm leaning towards yes.

But as Laker fans, it's hard to imagine Kobe ever being traded or not donning a Laker jersey.

Very true. It is hard picturing Kobe in another team, but if a trade were to come up in which we secure the long term well-being of the franchise, I would certainly take a look at that offer. This is all hypothetical though because nobody in their right mind is going to trade a 25-year old superstar for Mr. Kobe Bryant, plus Kobe's got a trade veto in his contract.

GREATNESS ONE
08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
hahahaha You guys are not going to get me to say I would ever trade Kobe !!! LOL anyway I understand what you guys are saying and believe me I agree when putting the organization first and the players second. Like you guys said, I think I would vomit if I ever saw Kobe in another uniform !

Chacarron
08-22-2011, 08:02 PM
OK, well make sure you are around the NBA forum to support Mr. Kobe then. (look at sig) :D

o.reams2425
08-22-2011, 10:56 PM
right! trade kobe like the bulls should have traded jordan right? dumb! and who would wanna come to a team that would trade away someone who gave all to the team.

JordansBulls
08-24-2011, 02:58 PM
You only trade Kobe if he asks for it.