PDA

View Full Version : What will Rose's stats look like in 2012

Pages : [1] 2

six
08-13-2011, 10:14 PM
What will Rose's Stats look like during the 2012 regular season (If there is a 2012 season)

2011 Regular Season Stats

Points 25
Assists 8
Rebounds 4
Steals 1

2012 Regular season stats prediction

Points 30
Assists 10
Rebounds 5
Steals 1

MTar786
08-13-2011, 10:31 PM
What will Rose's Stats look like during the 2012 regular season (If there is a 2012 season)

Points 25
Assists 8
Rebounds 4
Steals 1

Points 30
Assists 10
Rebounds 5Steals 1

:facepalm:

D_Rose1118
08-13-2011, 10:32 PM
hahahaa way too high man

Chacarron
08-13-2011, 10:35 PM
30 points and 10 assists? More like 28 and 7.

Khalifa21
08-13-2011, 10:43 PM
30 and 10? :rolleyes:

And Bulls fans wonder why Rose is often called overrated...

I see him leveling out at what he accomplished last season.. Which is still fantastic. If anything there might be a slight dip in his assists and increase in his points. Maybe something along the line of 27/6..

If I was a Bulls fan, I would be more worried about him getting his FG% up to around 47/48% than scoring more points or dishing more assists.

six
08-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Rose has increased his PPG by 5 and Assists by 2 since his second season.I believe he can do it again in my opinion.

2010 season

Points 20
Assists 6

2011 season

Points 25
Assists 8

2012 season

Points 30
Assists 10

Even though not very likely, I could still see it happening.

Khalifa21
08-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Rose has increased his PPG by 5 and Assists by 2 since his second season.I believe he can do it again in my opinion.

2010 season

Points 20
Assists 6

2011 season

Points 25
Assists 8

2012 season

Points 30
Assists 10

And he'll average 35 and 12 the season after that right?

:rolleyes:

Dr Cyanide 28
08-13-2011, 10:54 PM
even if his averages go down next year, that might not be a terrible thing for the bulls. Maybe others will produce better meaning we wont need him to produce at the same level constantly. what we really need his efficiency to skyrocket, it was not good enough last year

Gators123
08-13-2011, 10:56 PM
55 points
15 assist
9 rebounds
5 steals

Obviously he is the GOAT.

RZZZA
08-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Rose will be a 20/10 guy soon. His PPG will go down, and his assists will go up, as soon as the Bulls get a good SG.

Kashmir13579
08-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Rose has increased his PPG by 5 and Assists by 2 since his second season.

The way you worded it, its almost like you wanted us to think he's increased his PPG by 5 more than once.

Cal827
08-13-2011, 11:07 PM
55 points
15 assist
9 rebounds
5 steals

You forgot 0 turnovers, 100% from the free throw line, 90% from beyond the arc.. 3 blocks and 2 truffle shuffles per game... lol

Points 25
Assists 8
Rebounds 4
Steals 1

Points 30
Assists 10
Rebounds 5
Steals 1

I think he's peaked... I can only see one stat go up if another goes down... For example, if his ppg reduces to 20-22 per game, he could probably get 10-11 assists per game... Teams know what to expect from him right now...some of his tactics last year absolutely won't work.. Miami exposed some of his weaknesses, and scouts on other teams probably have taken notes. But I guess we'll see. lol

kingbrentg
08-13-2011, 11:08 PM
:sigh:

Khalifa21
08-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Rose will be a 20/10 guy soon. His PPG will go down, and his assists will go up, as soon as the Bulls get a good SG.

I don't think Rose has the passing ability or mentality to ever average 10 assists a game. Maybe that's just me...

RZZZA
08-13-2011, 11:09 PM
why not? he averaged 8 assists per game in our mediocre offense, passing the ball to keith bogans and joakim noah.

If we get J.R. Smith and Noah works on his offense, its very realistic to see 10 PPG out of Rose.

Knicks21
08-13-2011, 11:12 PM
why not? he averaged 8 assists per game in our mediocre offense, passing the ball to keith bogans and joakim noah.

If we get J.R. Smith and Noah works on his offense, its very realistic to see 10 PPG out of Rose.

Yes, yes it is.

RZZZA
08-13-2011, 11:13 PM
ah, damn. :faint:

you know what I meant

six
08-13-2011, 11:15 PM
The way you worded it, its almost like you wanted us to think he's increased his PPG by 5 more than once.

Close.

First season

16 ppg :(

Second season

20 ppg

Third season

25 ppg

If he improves his efficiency I think he can get 30 ppg.

Kashmir13579
08-13-2011, 11:16 PM
ah, damn. :faint:

you know what I meant

Marbury and Steve Francis never averaged 10 APG. Weren't they basically the same player as Rose?

Sir Buckets
08-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Regular season:

26.5/8.8/5.4 with higher FG + 3pt %s and more trips to the line (48.8% FG, 35.9 3pt %, 8.9 FTA)

Playoffs

28.7/8.5/5.8 on 46.7% FG and 36.4% 3pt% (and 9.7 FTA)

All in all I see him bringing his efficiency up and improving his game management. Like, he can already take over games now, but I expect him to improve his PG skills and "control" the game more, also while taking it over when he needs to. If we add OJ Mayo I can see him averaging right around 10 assists per game.

(And keep laughing at the 30 & 10 predictions, I hope he sees that.)

RZZZA
08-13-2011, 11:17 PM
The goal for Rose is to shoot less, not shoot more. Unless he keeps his FGA's the same and drastically increases his efficiency, he's not going to see more than 25 PPG.

Marbury and Steve Francis never averaged 10 APG. Weren't they basically the same player as Rose?

no...

different people, different teams, different circumstances

Kashmir13579
08-13-2011, 11:22 PM
no...

different people, different teams, different circumstances

Marbury and Francis were both insanely athletic, shoot first - ask questions later PGs; who played on several different teams with different circumstances, and never averaged 10 assists per game.

RZZZA
08-13-2011, 11:23 PM
okay, great. that's their problem.

Rose will average 10. that's my prediction.

marj987
08-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Lol, this is a funny thread.
It has "fail" written all over it.

Chill_Will_24
08-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Marbury and Francis were both insanely athletic, shoot first - ask questions later PGs; who played on several different teams with different circumstances, and never averaged 10 assists per game.

Rose has been exposed so i doubt he will improve THAT much. He will probably always be a scoring PG or a SG in a small package. I dont think he will sniff 10 assists until late in his career. His ppg might go up a bit thou.

26.8ppg
8.4 asst
4.3 rebs
1.3 steals

I agree with the Steve Francis/Stephon Marbury comparison.

Kashmir13579
08-13-2011, 11:37 PM
I agree with the Steve Francis/Stephon Marbury comparison.

I honestly don't see why more people aren't making the same comparison. Bulls fans don't like it because of the way their careers have turned out; but on paper, they are all cut from the same cloth.

xxxplicit69
08-13-2011, 11:40 PM

The thought that Dwight Howard will be traded to Lakers for Bynum. :facepalm:

marvILLous
08-13-2011, 11:40 PM
guessing 24/7

tr3ymill3r
08-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Points - 0
Assists - 0
Rebounds - 0
Steals - 0

NO SEASON.

TheRunKiller
08-13-2011, 11:41 PM
24 10 5, he'll shoot 49% from the field like he did his first 2 seasons, hopefully they'll sign a couple people who can take the pressure off him offensively so he doesn't to shoot all these low percentage shots like he did last season because no one could get there own besides him

Chill will is jealous of drose thats why he hates on him so much, he wishes deron william was half as good as him.

RZZZA
08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
if we get a good SG, I can definitely see Rose raising his TS% to around 58%, and his assists to around 10 per game. His PPG will drop to 20.

I also see him raising his 3P% to around 35% or 36%. He seems really determined to get that shot working.

xxxplicit69
08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
I will predict 27 maybe 28ppg and 9+ apg, and about 5rpg 1.5-2spg a 1bpg. I bet his 3pt% will improve again. And I do believe he can sniff 10apg. Even AI had a season where he put up 30ppg 8apg. Rose is a similar player, not quite the scorer AI was but is more of a passer so I do believe he could get 2 more apg than AI, especially if the right pieces are around him, like a SG that can actually knock down open shots. For those who criticize Rose, do you guys even know who Keith Bogans is? :facepalm: If you did, and was also aware of how bad Boozer played, you would be amazed that Rose actually put up 8apg. Real Bulls fans know what I'm talking about, and we are not homer fans like some fans of certain teams.

Also, it is possible for Rose to approach 30 and 10 because he's allowed to be a ball dominate player on the team. No one else is really a good ballhandler to create players for other players, but that depends on what SG we pick up. For now though like Lebron, the offense runs through DRose.

RZZZA
08-13-2011, 11:51 PM
its def homer to expect 28 PPG AND 10 APG from Rose.

Thats just very, very unlikely. If he's passing more, he won't be shooting as much. His PPG will not be higher than 25 next season, I guarantee it. Not unless he increases his efficiency to like Lebron/Dirk levels.

Chill_Will_24
08-13-2011, 11:51 PM
I honestly don't see why more people aren't making the same comparison. Bulls fans don't like it because of the way their careers have turned out; but on paper, they are all cut from the same cloth.

I agree completely. Its not even a bad thing. Francis, Marbury, Iverson... all great players... It should be a compliment.

I guess its cuz some people have high hopes for him that he can one day be a top 5 pg and lead CHI to a title :shrug: Very unrealistic hopes imo for such a young kid with such high expectations laid on him especially with a superior MIA team there.

As long as Thibodeaou is the coach thou CHI fans can relax cuz the Bulls will always be an elite team cuz defense wins.

knightstemplar
08-13-2011, 11:55 PM
24/4/7 on 43%

his % might be lower, he didnt even shoot 40% in the playoffs so i dont know

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 12:01 AM
24 10 5, he'll shoot 49% from the field like he did his first 2 seasons, hopefully they'll sign a couple people who can take the pressure off him offensively so he doesn't to shoot all these low percentage shots like he did last season because no one could get there own besides him

Chill will is jealous of drose thats why he hates on him so much, he wishes deron william was half as good as him.

Its hate to say he will average

26, 8, and 4???

Please enlighten me? Which part is "hating"? Bulls fans :pity: I hereby sincerely apologize to Knicks fans for thinking they were the biggest homers and most ignorant fans...

Its fans like you that ruin threads with all your crying and moaning about "Rose hate"..

EARTH TO BULLS FANS!!! THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU OR YOUR PLAYERS OR YOUR TEAM AND MOST INTELLIGENT FANS COULD CARE LESS AND ACTUALLY HAVE A LIFE AND BETTER THINGS TO DO BESIDES WORRY ABOUT ROSE, OR THE BULLS OR "HATING" ON YOUR TEAM!

Oh and dont even get people started on Deron. You dont need to be a Utah fan or Nets fan to know that Rose is simply a better scorer and Deron is the superior PG

MJ-BULLS
08-14-2011, 12:03 AM
What a great thread.

anyways, your prediction stats are way too high, he could be a 10 assist guy, but 30 points per game? that's too high.

I see him at least averaging 27 points per game and 10 assists a game in the near future. just that his points per game might go down depending on what kind of scoring guard we acquire when the lockout is over.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Chill, you're always the one crying in these threads. Your crying about Bulls fans is annoying. You have very little patience with people.

MJ-BULLS
08-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Cool it down guys. No need for the childish stuff.

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Chill, you're always the one crying in these threads. Your crying about Bulls fans is annoying. You have very little patience with people.

Didnt you say you were gonna put me on your ignore list? Please do. Im done debating with you. Get out of your Derrick Rose pajamas and go get a gf. Regardless of what you may think i do like A LOT of Bulls fans and my best bud is one. Its only on forums that CHI fans get like you :cry: every second about "Rose hate".

Derrick Rose is an Allen Iverson, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis type player and thats no slight on him. Its a compliment. Those are great players!

I dont hate the kid at all. I dont even dislike him. I dislike homers like you.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 12:12 AM
I didn't say anything about Rose hate, I just want you to shut up and go away, you're one of the worst posters here. Every thread you're crying about Rose fans/Bulls fans. wah wah wah.

that other guy, Melky, already got perma banned. You're next.

giventofly
08-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Rose was absolutely gassed in the playoffs. His stats took a huge hit, and you could literally see him just playing slow and tired.

Next season, I see a 24/10/4 line from him if we get a good shooting guard. If not, it'll probably be something more like 27/8/4.

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 12:19 AM
I didn't say anything about Rose hate, I just want you to shut up and go away, you're one of the worst posters here. Every thread you're crying about Rose fans/Bulls fans. wah wah wah.

that other guy, Melky, already got perma banned. You're next.

:laugh2: Your a funny guy...

I have only ever had like 3 infractions here since i joined. I never disrespect anyone or start trouble with ANYONE? Just ask Knicks fans who were my most hated online fanbase. I usually just give my opinion and leave it at that unless im quoted on something. Bulls fans are just too touchy when ppl dont declare Rose the best PG in the league or say that he deserved the MVP he was gifted, or say that he is a great playmaker. I call it how i see it. I have few problems with posters on PSD. Your a rare exception and that RunKiller guy is starting to become another

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 12:27 AM
There are no good shooting guards that are available in FA this off season. JR Smith is a headcase and would probably only hurt the Bulls. the Bulls are a great team and have great chemistry and have a great bunch of guys that for the most part dont cause problems. Smith is a risk for a team like the Bulls especially with their star player being so young. Also not to throw gas on the fire he is a known Blood member and thats not the type of guy i would want around an impressionable kid like Rose. Lets not forget the photos of Rose throwing up gang signs that circulated.

For the Bulls i would prefer they try and swing a trade for a guy like Ray Allen who is NOT untouchable.. or even Rip Hamilton who could possibly be had for pennies on the dollar cuz the Pistons want to get rid of him. Both are off the ball types that are great off screens and both are veterans with championship exp that could be glue guys for the Bulls.

If not then a guy like OJ Mayo. He is another distraction but not like Smith would be.

knightstemplar
08-14-2011, 12:42 AM
lol @ ppl saying 10 assists

MJ-BULLS
08-14-2011, 01:02 AM
There are no good shooting guards that are available in FA this off season. JR Smith is a headcase and would probably only hurt the Bulls. the Bulls are a great team and have great

sometimes its good to take risks in order to build championship ballclubs, for example, Rodman back in the 90's. sometimes you need that certain knuckle head in your team, another example, Rasheed with the pistons. Now, im not saying that JR is the missing piece, but he would be a tremendous acquisition for the bulls. and would make us even stronger.

chemistry and have a great bunch of guys that for the most part dont cause problems. Smith is a risk for a team like the Bulls especially with their star player being so young. Also not to throw gas on the fire he is a known Blood member and thats not the type of guy i would want around an impressionable kid like Rose. Lets not forget the photos of Rose throwing up gang signs that circulated.

with the way our team is constructed there will be no problem bringing in JR. Rose is the leader and MVP, Coach thibs has some hardware sitting in his home and there is no way he becomes a distraction/problem. Coach thibs will have his *** in check.

For the Bulls i would prefer they try and swing a trade for a guy like Ray Allen who is NOT untouchable

yes, but doubt the celtics would trade him.

.. or even Rip Hamilton who could possibly be had for pennies on the dollar cuz the Pistons want to get rid of him. Both are off the ball types that are great off screens and both are veterans with championship exp that could be glue guys for the Bulls.

I would take him for cheap only, he's washed up. but he was misused in Detroit. but i still have my doubts with him. all in all, ill pass.

If not then a guy like OJ Mayo. He is another distraction but not like Smith would be.

Yes to OJ, i would take him, and i know alot of fans as well. He would be tremendous if we were able to pick him up.

chisox..YES!
08-14-2011, 01:03 AM
I love the names that are being tossed around in comparison to Rose. Francis and Marbury are frankly not on his level.

Fact:

In both of Rose's first two seasons, he had a higher FG% than Francis, Marbury, (or even Kobe) have had in ANY season of each of their careers. God forbid he has an average shooting year in his first season taking a high volume of shots, on an offensively challenged team, as a 22 year old... Give the man a break

MJ-BULLS
08-14-2011, 01:05 AM
I love the names that are being tossed around in comparison to Rose. Francis and Marbury are frankly not on his level.

Fact:

In both of Rose's first two seasons, he had a higher FG% than Francis, Marbury, (or even Kobe) have had in ANY season of each of their careers. God forbid he has an average shooting year in his first season taking a high volume of shots, on an offensively challenged team, as a 22 year old... Give the man a break

Rose cant get a break. people love him here in the nba forum. :shrug:

Sactown
08-14-2011, 01:25 AM
My prediction is 100 points 25 assists

Chronz
08-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Just worry about his Off. Rtg, for him, literally nothing else matters. If he gets that up to the elite level, both he and his team will benefit.

PS If you HAVE to be in a perfect situation to average whatever amount of assist, it already says something about you.

Chronz
08-14-2011, 01:36 AM

Fact:

Care to take a gander at their league adjusted efficiency rates, Marbury would have torn the no hand check era to shreds.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2011, 01:54 AM
eh, as long as Rose can be among the top 10 players in offensive efficiency rating, he will benefit his team like any star should. He wasn't this past year, but that would mark his improvement.

naps
08-14-2011, 01:59 AM

Points 25
Assists 8
Rebounds 4
Steals 1

Points 30
Assists 10
Rebounds 5
Steals 1

:facepalm::facepalm:

Crackadalic
08-14-2011, 02:04 AM

Fact:

Nobody is comparing if D-rose is better or worse then guys like Marbury and Francis. Its the fact that the both have the same skillset as that Attack scoring pg then can also dish it out when need be.

If marbury was playing in the no hand check rule era in his prime he be just as good as D-rose right now

naps
08-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Close.

First season

16 ppg :(

Second season

20 ppg

Third season

25 ppg

If he improves his efficiency I think he can get 30 ppg.

Yeah, by the year after that 35 PPG, then 40 PPG,....then 100 PPG :facepalm:

23dragonzord
08-14-2011, 02:36 AM
i can see him getting 25.4ppg 9.1apg 4.5rpg with a little bit higher fg% and a little less turnovers

DR_1
08-14-2011, 08:34 AM
27/10/5

DR_1
08-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Yeah, by the year after that 35 PPG, then 40 PPG,....then 100 PPG :facepalm:

:facepalm: Your post makes no sense. He was showing a trend.

JJ_JKidd
08-14-2011, 08:55 AM
55 points
15 assist
9 rebounds
5 steals

As much as I love Rose, please dont put the cart before the horse.. :facepalm:

alencp3
08-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Rose will never average more than 10 assists a season

Never.

bulls leakage
08-14-2011, 10:27 AM
30 and 10? :rolleyes:

And Bulls fans wonder why Rose is often called overrated...

I see him leveling out at what he accomplished last season.. Which is still fantastic. If anything there might be a slight dip in his assists and increase in his points. Maybe something along the line of 27/6..

If I was a Bulls fan, I would be more worried about him getting his FG% up to around 47/48% than scoring more points or dishing more assists.

This is why the NBA forum is such trash. Morons like this guy seem to think one fan (bulls fan or not) speaks for a whole fan base. Give it up already and worry about your crappy team.

Federal Reserve
08-14-2011, 10:47 AM
22 ppg
4 apg
3 rpg
3 tpg
.31 fg %
Second round loss in the playoffs.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-14-2011, 10:48 AM
I hope for a 22-10 season (with a decent 2-guard, not Bogans). But that 22 needs to come off better efficiency regardless.

Khalifa21
08-14-2011, 10:55 AM
This is why the NBA forum is such trash. Morons like this guy seem to think one fan (bulls fan or not) speaks for a whole fan base. Give it up already and worry about your crappy team.

But it's not just ONE fan... I can find you a load of examples where people are saying he's the best PG in the league, top 3 players in the league, he's gonna win multiple MVP's and championships.

So it's posters like me that ruin this forum? Not the homer's who mindlessly bash other players for absolutely no reason and create threads when LeBron sneezes and doesn't cover his mouth?

Riiiiight :rolleyes:

strahan92osi72
08-14-2011, 11:56 AM
23 ppg
11 apg
4 rpg
3 spg

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Never.

aaaannnd, why not? he averaged 8 in our 17th ranked offense, passing it to a guy named Keith Bogans who can only hit 3's when he's wide open. Passing it to Noah who has trouble finishing at the rim. Passing it to a guy named boozer with whom he has no chemistry with yet.

Add a guy like J.R., or O.J. or Nick Young to our team and Rose can average 10 assists per game easily in 1 or 2 years.

TO Rapz
08-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Points - 0
Assists - 0
Rebounds - 0
Steals - 0

NO SEASON.

/thread.

THE GIPPER
08-14-2011, 12:24 PM
23 ppg
11 apg
4 rpg
3 spg

those numbers are a lot better than you think they are

GodsSon
08-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I didn't realize I was in the Bulls forum...

YoungOne
08-14-2011, 12:27 PM
20 and 10 or 25 and 8..

Shareeb_omac2
He technically never averaged 8 assists per game...

YoungOne
23 ppg
11 apg
4 rpg
3 spg

11 assists and 3 steals.. haha :D

Shareeb_omac2
08-14-2011, 12:29 PM
On the other hand John Wall averaged over 8 assists per game his rookie season... We should really be guessing what he will turn into.

Ovratd1up
08-14-2011, 01:05 PM

Never.

I don't think so either actually.

But if the Bulls get a scoring type of SG I could see him averaging 9 and score ~24ish with a TS% of .54-.57

ManRam
08-14-2011, 01:16 PM
A lot of it depends on whether they bring in a big time scoring 2 guard...

Generically, I think his assists will go up, he'll probably take a bit fewer shots but be slightly more efficient.

I'll say 24 points a game on 18 shots, 8.5 assists, 4 rebounds and a steal a game. I don't think he's a 33% three point shooter yet, so I think that will regress a tad.

Hard to really project though.

sixer04fan
08-14-2011, 01:16 PM
48 ppg, 17 apg, 9 rpg, 6 spg

BrahCake954
08-14-2011, 01:17 PM
81 pts
25.8 ast
8.9 rebs
7.2 st
2 bl

Tony_Starks
08-14-2011, 02:22 PM
About the same with fg % and 3pt % going up slightly. If they can get him a legit sg he could go up to 10 assist.

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 02:34 PM
On the other hand John Wall averaged over 8 assists per game his rookie season... We should really be guessing what he will turn into.

John Wall is a better playmaker and passer than Rose. He will be the best pg in the league in 3-5 years

Duddy
08-14-2011, 02:36 PM

Points 25
Assists 8
Rebounds 4
Steals 1

Points 30
Assists 10
Rebounds 5
Steals 1

2013 Regular season stats prediction

Points 45
Assists 15
Rebounds 10

We got the next GOAT in Rose

smith&wesson
08-14-2011, 02:39 PM
we dont know if theres gonna be a season yet, but we know what derik rose is going to average ?

TheRunKiller
08-14-2011, 02:42 PM
John Wall is a better playmaker and passer than Rose. He will be the best pg in the league in 3-5 years

But Bulls will always be better than the Wizards. all you care about is asts, deron williams could average 12 apg but the nets record could be 20-62 and you'd be ok with that.

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 02:48 PM
He wont get to 10 assists.. He is simply not that type of pg. People keep talking about getting him better players so he can get more assists. If you need a certain type of player to get assists then it already says a lot about you as a player.

Taking my own team as an example, who the hell was Deron passing to besides Brook Lopez when he averaged 12 assists with the Nets? Who was any good? Travis Outlaw? Stephen Graham? Johan Petro? Kris Humphries? The only player he had that was decent before he got there was Brook and even HE improved a lot when Deron came in. Deron MADE them better cuz thats the job of a pg.

He had no chemistry with Boozer? :laugh2: Noah cant finish around the rim?.. and yet youre in the other thread talking about him being top 5 C? :sigh: and sure lets scapegoat Bogans :pity:

TheRunKiller
08-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Deron Williams will never get past the 2nd round :sigh: sorry chill will, but its ok you'd rather see him get asts.

juno10
08-14-2011, 02:59 PM
asking derrick rose to pass is like asking andrea bargnani to rebound :D jk

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 03:02 PM
John Wall is so over rated. His scoring stats are so far below average, as to be laughable.

Chill will, you're inconsistent. A week ago you said Rose was inefficient, even though he's above average in efficiency. Now you say John Wall will be the best PG in the NBA even though his efficiency and FG% stats are far below average.

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 03:02 PM
But Bulls will always be better than the Wizards. all you care about is asts, deron williams could average 12 apg but the nets record could be 20-62 and you'd be ok with that.

You cant predict that. That team has some crazy good pieces with great potential. If they land a top pick in 2012 and get a guy like Gilchrist or McAdoo the Wizards will be The Thunder East.

As far as Deron, there is no way a guy like him will lead a team to 20 wins and only and idiot would predict that. He only played 12 games for the Nets and he had Brook looking like a star and he turned Humphries into his new "Boozer". He was leading that team on an injured wrist that needed surgery.

Its not about the individual stats but the team stats. I dont see how anyone can look at what Deron did for the Nets in his short stint there and not see a top 2 pg. THAT is what i call no chemistry! Knew nothing about the Nets or their players and was so talented it didnt even matter. He dished out 15 assists in his first game.

Chronz
08-14-2011, 03:03 PM
About the same with fg % and 3pt % going up slightly. If they can get him a legit sg he could go up to 10 assist.

If they get him a legit sg wouldn't he have the ball less?

Deron Williams will never get past the 2nd round :sigh: sorry chill will, but its ok you'd rather see him get asts.

Lol, way to totally ignore the point.

Chronz
08-14-2011, 03:05 PM
asking derrick rose to pass is like asking andrea bargnani to rebound :D jk

Hey if you just surround Bargs with nothing but PGs he will average 10 rebounds, easily.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Wait till Ricky Rubio has his rookie year, people are gonna be like "John Wall who?".

If a PG who can do nothing but pass is what everybody seems to love, Rubio will be their new hero.

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 03:08 PM

He already did :shrug: FAIL

juno10
08-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Hey if you just surround Bargs with nothing but PGs he will average 10 rebounds, easily.

no he wont:D

Chronz
08-14-2011, 03:09 PM
John Wall is so over rated. His scoring stats are so far below average, as to be laughable.

Chill will, you're inconsistent. A week ago you said Rose was inefficient, even though he's above average in efficiency. Now you say John Wall will be the best PG in the NBA even though his efficiency and FG% stats are far below average.

John Wall overrated? Why? Who's talking about him? His scoring is subpar and plays on a bad team, I'm pretty sure that keeps his fans in check.

Chronz
08-14-2011, 03:12 PM
no he wont:D
Maybe not if all those PGs are Jason Kidd like but surround him with Earl Boykins, Duhon , Calderon, and bring back the immortal Mike James and it can be done.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Chill Will just said John Wall is going to be the best PG in the NBA in a few years.

His rookie scoring stats are pathetic, Derrick Rose came out of his mothers womb with a better TS% and eFG%

maybe Wall can be the next Russell Westbrook or something, but right now he's not very good at anything but passing

23dragonzord
08-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Chill Will just said John Wall is going to be the best PG in the NBA in a few years.

His rookie scoring stats are pathetic, Derrick Rose came out of his mothers womb with a better TS% and eFG%

maybe Wall can be the next Russell Westbrook or something, but right now he's not very good at anything but passing

And turning the ball over lol.

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Wait till Ricky Rubio has his rookie year, people are gonna be like "John Wall who?".

If a PG who can do nothing but pass is what everybody seems to love, Rubio will be their new hero.

Wall is overrated??? BY WHO!? Wizards fans usually keep to their own in their forum and Wall is rarely mentioned around here! Someone is salty. :laugh2: Wall is the better playmaker. Its just that simple. He plays on a bad and young team and hes not a scorer. I like how people can readily admit Wall is not a scorer like Rose but Bulls fans get butt hurt when they hear Rose aint as good a passer as him.

As far as Rubio the jury is still out. He can definitely make some fancy passes and make the crowd go "ooooh" but he is still a huge ??? as of now. I honestly think he will need a running offensive system like the Knicks.

The Knicks should try and get him and then focus on getting Dwight so that Rubio has to do nothing but pass pass pass and more pass

Crackadalic
08-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Nash Cp3 and D-will didnt have the talent this year that D-rose had yet they all average at least 10 assist per game(with cp3 just missing it) D-rose is just not the playmaker like other pgs to average that many assist. That doesnt change the fact that he is the lebron james of pg's and that he is a beast but its hard for me to see him average anywhere near 10 assist a game anytime soon

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 03:20 PM
By who? you just over rated him by thinking he can be the best Pg in the NBA.

So what, he can pass, he can't do anything else. People like you are infatuated with the "traditional" point guard who can't do anything but pass. The game has changed, John Wall gets pwnd by every point guard who has any offensive game.

Jrue Holiday will probably be a better PG than John Wall

smiddy012
08-14-2011, 03:21 PM
PS If you HAVE to be in a perfect situation to average whatever amount of assist, it already says something about you.

Who is speaking for Rose here exactly? Is it a crazy statement to make that, with better shooters around him, his assists would go up? Are you a ****head?

Those are rhetorical questions btw.

People keep talking about getting him better players so he can get more assists. If you need a certain type of player to get assists then it already says a lot about you as a player.

Someone posing as a ****head.

He had no chemistry with Boozer? :laugh2: Noah cant finish around the rim?.. and yet youre in the other thread talking about him being top 5 C? :sigh: and sure lets scapegoat Bogans :pity:

Yeah, our starting SG averaged 4ppg - he was surely a dependable shooter... you are so (the opposite of smart).

Chronz
08-14-2011, 03:22 PM

One person who seems to genuinely dislike Rose doesn't make Wall overrated.

I don't get your comparison to Westbrook considering hes just as comparable to Rose as anyone. Wall is more like a young Terrell Brandon or Rod Strickland or something.

YoungOne
08-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I dont understand why a scoring SG will get him more assists...
and scoring SG will get him less touches..

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Derrick Rose's teammates during his rookie year>>>>>Wall's teammates his rookie year

Chronz
08-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Who is speaking for Rose here exactly? Is it a crazy statement to make that, with better shooters around him, his assists would go up? Are you a ****head?

Those are rhetorical questions .
Obviously they are rhetorical, its just a shame you don't know the answers anyways.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 03:25 PM

I don't get your comparison to Westbrook considering hes just as comparable to Rose as anyone. Wall is more like a young Terrell Brandon or Rod Strickland or something.

compare John Walls rookie season stats to Russell Westbrook's. They have very similar TS%'s and eFG%'s.

now compare both of those guys' rookie season scoring stats to Derrick Rose's rookie season scoring stats. DRose came into the league as a superior scorer to either of those guys, and he remains superior to both right now.

Russell's efficiency is average right now, DRose is above average.

Crackadalic
08-14-2011, 03:28 PM

Its funny you say that because Wall Rose and Tyreke pretty much were train under him

Chronz
08-14-2011, 03:29 PM
I dont understand why a scoring SG will get him more assists...
and scoring SG will get him less touches..

They want him surrounded with guys who do nothing but catch and shoot and hit 60% of their wide open 3s, Korver isn't good enough. Along with a finisher who can slam down every lane Rose creates, oh and Boozer has to regain his efficiency from Utah without getting the same quality looks Deron gave him.

kozelkid
08-14-2011, 03:30 PM

Those are rhetorical questions btw.

Relax.

And chronz does have a point. Look at what Chris Paul is still able to do with the **** he's surrounded with. Look at the amount of assists Nash is able to dish with the **** he's supported with. Look at the way Deron was able to execute the pick and roll with Boozer only the prior season.

Fact of the matter is as dominant of an athletic specimen as Rose is, he simply doesn't have the BBIQ and passing ability of some of those players nor is able to execute the pick and roll quite like some of these pg's. Saying he doesn't have enough good players is a weak excuse considering what other pg's show capable of doing.

And fact is people make out Rose's playmaking ability way too much. It doesn't need to be elite for him to still be an elite player. His style is far more of a Dwyane Wade/Stephon Marbury (prime) and there is NOTHING wrong with that as long as he can keep up his o-rating. Meaning getting to the line more and increasing that fg%.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the idea of him being a 25/8 player with an o-rating of around 112-118 vs being a 20/10 player.

Problem is that too many people are stuck with the idiotic, traditional idea that a pg has to be pass first. Much like the stupid idea that scoring pf's have to play in the post which was why Dirk was so underrated for so long til now.

Silent
08-14-2011, 03:30 PM
0 points
0 assist
0 rebounds
0 steals

That goes for all players

juno10
08-14-2011, 03:31 PM
24 ppg
8ast
5 rbs

47 fg%

YoungOne
08-14-2011, 03:33 PM
They want him surrounded with guys who do nothing but catch and shoot and hit 60% of their wide open 3s, Korver isn't good enough. Along with a finisher who can slam down every lane Rose creates, oh and Boozer has to regain his efficiency from Utah without getting the same quality looks Deron gave him.

that would be ray allen, blake griffin and the last one is impossible :D

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 03:33 PM

I dont dislike Rose. I dislike homers who overrate their players and mob posters online who disagree with them.

Exhibit A: I argued that Dwight should have been the MVP and that Rose's selection was more politics than merit.

Exhibit B: I stated that Rose is not a true PG and is cut from the Marbury, Iverson, and Francis cloth.

Exhibit C: I stated that Rose doesnt seem very intelligent when i watch him during interviews (opinion).

I dont dislike him at all. He is an exciting player and i wish he played anywhere but the Bulls so that the media would analyse him more fairly and online forums would treat him more kindly.

MJ-BULLS
08-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Relax.

And chronz does have a point. Look at what Chris Paul is still able to do with the **** he's surrounded with. Look at the amount of assists Nash is able to dish with the **** he's supported with. Look at the way Deron was able to execute the pick and roll with Boozer only the prior season.

Fact of the matter is as dominant of an athletic specimen as Rose is, he simply doesn't have the BBIQ and passing ability of some of those players nor is able to execute the pick and roll quite like some of these pg's. Saying he doesn't have enough good players is a weak excuse considering what other pg's show capable of doing.

And fact is people make out Rose's playmaking ability way too much. It doesn't need to be elite for him to still be an elite player. His style is far more of a Dwyane Wade/Stephon Marbury (prime) and there is NOTHING wrong with that as long as he can keep up his o-rating. Meaning getting to the line more and increasing that fg%.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the idea of him being a 25/8 player with an o-rating of around 112-118 vs being a 20/10 player.

Problem is that too many people are stuck with the idiotic, traditional idea that a pg has to be pass first. Much like the stupid idea that scoring pf's have to play in the post which was why Dirk was so underrated for so long til now.

Thats how it has to be today Now in days, you have to be a first pass point guard to be consider among the elite!

Chill_Will_24
08-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Relax.

This poster=Intelligent Bulls fan

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Chris Paul is amazing, its not fair to even compare him to any other PG. With his talent and shooting ability, its a shame he doesn't have more of a killer mentality because he could take over game any times he wants with his level of skill.

kozelkid
08-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Chris Paul is amazing, its not fair to even compare him to any other PG. With his talent and shooting ability, its a shame he doesn't have more of a killer mentality because he could take over game any times he wants with his level of skill.

I think it's even more of a shame that he has constant knee injuries at such a young age. I truly think that when healthy he is the best player in his league.

Dmagic87
08-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Relax.

This is a great post.

Chronz
08-14-2011, 03:47 PM
compare John Walls rookie season stats to Russell Westbrook's. They have very similar TS%'s and eFG%'s.

now compare both of those guys' rookie season scoring stats to Derrick Rose's rookie season scoring stats. DRose came into the league as a superior scorer to either of those guys, and he remains superior to both right now.

Russell's efficiency is average right now, DRose is above average.

I thought you were doing a similarity score type of analysis but your not taking about their games as a whole. If Wall makes a similar leap in his efficiency as WB did then he really will become the best PG when you consider his superior playmaking and defensive instincts.

As for them being average I think your underrating Rose, an Off.Rtg of 113 with his usage is near elite.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 03:51 PM
If Wall works on his offense and makes a leap in efficiency and shooting ability, yeah, then he'll be a lot better of a player.

Other players will make leaps in their games too though. I don't think its very likely that Wall will ever be the best PG in the NBA.

Chronz
08-14-2011, 03:53 PM
that would be ray allen, blake griffin and the last one is impossible :D

Blake handles the ball too much, unless your saying playing with Rose will mean they totally ignore his playmaking ability. And if I weren't on my phone I would check the stats, I actually think Korver and him have similar shooting #s.

tredigs
08-14-2011, 04:03 PM

2010 season

Points 20
Assists 6

2011 season

Points 25
Assists 8

2012 season

Points 30
Assists 10

It's not some incremental increase that keeps going; he won't be averaging 35 and 12 in 2 seasons bud...

Think of it more like weight-lifting. Once you get to a certain point, the gains begin to diminish.

If he continues to be THE worst 3pt chucker in the league like he was in the 2nd half+ postseason, then his ppg won't increase a bit. But, if he can tune that down and increase his shot selection a bit while still getting to the line (like he did MUCH better in the 2nd half), we can see 28 and 7 out of him. 5+ rebounds just is not happening. He's a 3-4 rebound guy, I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise from him.

YoungOne
08-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Blake handles the ball too much, unless your saying playing with Rose will mean they totally ignore his playmaking ability. And if I weren't on my phone I would check the stats, I actually think Korver and him have similar shooting #s.

why so serious? :D

BUCSFORLIFE123
08-14-2011, 04:09 PM
30 and 10 nowadays is almost impossible ahaha rose isnt all that..

there is no way he will ever avg 10 ast a game, his mentality isnt close to that hes a shoot first pg . he can however reach 8-9 ast a game

ill give him 26 & 8.0-8.5

kozelkid
08-14-2011, 04:12 PM
It's not some incremental increase that keeps going; he won't be averaging 35 and 12 in 2 seasons bud...

Think of it more like weight-lifting. Once you get to a certain point, the gains begin to diminish.

If he continues to be THE worst 3pt chucker in the league like he was in the 2nd half+ postseason, then his ppg won't increase a bit. But, if he can tune that down and increase his shot selection a bit while still getting to the line (like he did MUCH better in the 2nd half), we can see 28 and 7 out of him. 5+ rebounds just is not happening. He's a 3-4 rebound guy, I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise from him.

He averaged 4.1 rpg... and this is only based on his athleticism. I see no reason why he can't get near 5 as he continues to understand the art of rebounding better and how to take better angles.

23dragonzord
08-14-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't understand how people can say he's not the type of player who can average 10 assists per game but it's realistic to say he'll get 8-9. It baffles me that you guys think rose forbids himself to pass it to an open teammate and get that 10 assist per game. :facepalm:

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 04:20 PM
I think he can get 10 apg dragon. I'm not one of these "His mentality isn't right" people. Rose does whatever the team needs, its not like he's AGAINST deferring to his teammates and being pass-first.

tredigs
08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
He averaged 4.1 rpg... and this is only based on his athleticism. I see no reason why he can't get near 5 as he continues to understand the art of rebounding better and how to take better angles.

Averaged 3.3 in the 2nd half. Like much of his game (outside of penetration/drawing contact), Rose peaked in the first half and began to regress as the season progressed. It's not as if he doesn't have the gifts to get there, he just hasn't shown any indication that he will (and in fact the indicators point the opposite). So being that that's the case, I don't see it happening. I think Westbrook's a much better rebounder than him along with being just as if not more athletic, and even he hasn't quite eclipsed 5rpg yet.

But on second thought, if he increases his MPG to 40+, it's possible that we see some decent season average increases, including rebounding.

justinnum1
08-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Who cares if he scores 30 ppg, his fg% needs improvement.

But prob 26pts 8ast and 5reb

Shareeb_omac2
08-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I just want to put this out there... I really like Derrick Rose. What I don't like, is Derrick Rose fans. Derrick Rose has had offensive support since day 1 so stop being complete homers.

John Wall IS the Washington Wizards. They had a couple good young scorers but they all missed significant time. He, in his rookie season, had to be their offense. So, if you really want to complain about how he shot about 42% from the field then go ahead lol. John Wall is already better than Rose when it comes to rebounding, passing, and helping his teammates get in position to score. There is significant evidence to support he may be just as good defensively. KEEP IN MIND IT'S HIS ROOKIE YEAR. The things he did his rookie year go completely under the radar because of the year Blake Griffin had.

If we have a season this year, please just take the time to actually tune into televised Wizards games(if there is any). I know for a fact you guys haven't seen him play on a consistent basis... Take the time to observe.

D Roses Bulls
08-14-2011, 04:49 PM
okay, I really haven't been in the NBA forum much at all this off season, but some of these posts reminded me why I've stayed away. first of all, I'm, not going to pretend I know what he is going to average because I don't know who the bulls will sign or trade for and that will affect his averages, but most of you laughing at 10 assists a game shouldn't be, you thought he had no chance this time last year at winning mvp or hell, even averaging what he did. so it shows how much a lot of you really know.

Second, these marbury and franchise comparisons are ludicris. rose is much more discipline and open to working on his game then those two ever were. rose is a lot more coach able then those two were and much more of a leader then those two were. marbury averaged 9 assists twice in his career, but when he was avaeraging 9, his point averages were 17 and 19 a game those two seasons. marbury never averaged more then 23 points in his career and the year he did it, he averaged 7 assists a game. francis never averaged more then 21 a game while his highest averaged assists were 7 and he did that 1 season, but basically averaged 6 for his career and none of them were 21-22 years old putting up those numbers either. rose past season avgs were better then any season those two had in their whole careers.

by the way, did marbury or francis ever take their team to a conference finals? again, how are they similar? because they were all scoring pg's? rose is 22, wait a couple more years and see if rose regresses before you make dumb comparisons like this.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 04:50 PM
If John Wall needs to be any teams offense, that team is in big trouble.

Crackadalic
08-14-2011, 04:53 PM
okay, I really haven't been in the NBA forum much at all this off season, but some of these posts reminded me why I've stayed away. first of all, I'm, not going to pretend I know what he is going to average because I don't know who the bulls will sign or trade for and that will affect his averages, but most of you laughing at 10 assists a game shouldn't be, you thought he had no chance this time last year at winning mvp or hell, even averaging what he did. so it shows how much a lot of you really know.

Second, these marbury and franchise comparisons are ludicris. rose is much more discipline and open to working on his game then those two ever were. rose is a lot more coach able then those two were and much more of a leader then those two were. marbury averaged 9 assists twice in his career, but when he was avaeraging 9, his point averages were 17 and 19 a game those two seasons. marbury never averaged more then 23 points in his career and the year he did it, he averaged 7 assists a game. francis never averaged more then 21 a game while his highest averaged assists were 7 and he did that 1 season, but basically averaged 6 for his career and none of them were 21-22 years old putting up those numbers either. rose past season avgs were better then any season those two had in their whole careers.

by the way, did marbury or francis ever take their team to a conference finals? again, how are they similar? because they were all scoring pg's? rose is 22, wait a couple more years and see if rose regresses before you make dumb comparisons like this.

Nobody is denying D-rose is more discipline or will be the better player then those two because I know he is but you can't deny the fact that they all have that same skillset and playing style

D Roses Bulls
08-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Care to take a gander at their league adjusted efficiency rates, Marbury would have torn the no hand check era to shreds.

ummmm marbury did play in the era before the hand checking rule changed drastically.

tredigs
08-14-2011, 04:56 PM
If John Wall needs to be any teams offense, that team is in big trouble.

More dynamic playmaker than D. Rose was at this point in his career dude. And more capable on the defensive end as well. I don't think it's a bad thing to have John Wall as your #1 going forward.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 04:59 PM
More dynamic playmaker than D. Rose was at this point in his career dude. And more capable on the defensive end as well. I don't think it's a bad thing to have John Wall as your #1 going forward.

#1 what, scorer? yeah it is, with his awful scoring stats.

And what is this obsession with saying every Pg in the game is a better defender than Rose? whats your proof that Wall is a better defender. How hard would it be to even prove such a thing? I have no idea how to do it.

I seriously doubt a rookie on the wizards of all teams is a better defender than Derrick

Shareeb_omac2
08-14-2011, 05:10 PM
RZZZA has Deng as his avatar... It's obvious what his response is going to be everytime.

I'm a Mavericks fan debating two players that I care nothing about... I'm just giving my honest opinion and Wall has the potential to be something that only comes once in a lifetime.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
what? my answers were totally reasonable in this thread. I'm not one of these people who said Rose will average 30 PPG and 12 APG.

RZZZA has Deng as his avatar... It's obvious what his response is going to be everytime.

I'm a Mavericks fan debating two players that I care nothing about... I'm just giving my honest opinion and Wall has the potential to be something that only comes once in a lifetime.

:laugh:

whatever, he's just gonna be another Russell Westbrook with better playmaking ability, and thats the best case scenario. If he ever is even averagely efficient, I'll be impressed.

Kashmir13579
08-14-2011, 05:26 PM

:clap:

btw, what is the easiest way to adjust ORtg?

Chronz
08-14-2011, 05:27 PM
ummmm marbury did play in the era before the hand checking rule changed drastically.

I know, that's the point. His prime came in the era before handchecking.

tredigs
08-14-2011, 05:32 PM
#1 what, scorer? yeah it is, with his awful scoring stats.

And what is this obsession with saying every Pg in the game is a better defender than Rose? whats your proof that Wall is a better defender. How hard would it be to even prove such a thing? I have no idea how to do it.

I seriously doubt a rookie on the wizards of all teams is a better defender than Derrick

I don't think Wall's a better defender yet, and I don't think Rose is a bad defender any more. I think Wall's reach/athleticism advantage have him capable of being the better defender. And he's already shown some awesome instincts in the passing lane and with his quick hands picking up steals (already way more than Rose ever has).

Rose had a 51% TS% his rookie year and Wall had 49% (with less offensive help around him, it definitely led to defenses gearing up on him more than Rose saw at that point). Not a big difference.

What Wall needs to work on most is controlling himself. He goes crazy with the athleticism and tricky passes and gets himself in ****** situations far too often. But, that normally improves with experience. The kid is going to be a superstar though, I've watched enough of him and enough of superstar rookies to be able to tell. He obviously still needs a lot of help around him in the form of offensive options, but there's no doubt a team could win with him as the top scorer (in time).

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 05:40 PM
bleh. Thats what I think of that. Check out CP3's rookie stats. Now that's a once-in-a-generation type PG.

Wall, is not. He's a dime a dozen in todays NBA.

and Walls 49% TS% and 42% eFG% is a lot worse than Derricks 51% TS% and 48% eFG% for the rookie season

Wall can't shoot at all, he doesn't hit above 30% from anywhere on the floor. When Rose came in, he could shoot better than Wall right away

Shareeb_omac2
08-14-2011, 09:55 PM
John Wall is the only player that teams focused on when they played the Wizards... What don't you understand?

You are blatantly a homer.

RZZZA
08-14-2011, 10:45 PM
do you even know what the word homer means?

Me ragging on Wall has nothing to do with the term "homer".

And teams didn't focus on Nick Young when they played the wizards? Unlike Wall, Young is actually an offensive threat.

chitownbulls
08-14-2011, 10:50 PM
I get why people are comparing rose to Francis and Marbury because of their skillsets. But there is one very big difference between these players. THEIR ATTITUDE AND PERSONALITY.

Marbury and Francis HAD to be in charge of the ball, thats why they were shot first pgs, they always thought of scoring and being the "man" on the court.

Rose is nothing like them in that category, he actually said he wanted to pass more and shoot less. He has the ability to adapt to the team around him and is willing too. If the Bulls can go and get another scoring option I'm sure Rose can adapt and average 10 apg easily.

IndiansFan337
08-14-2011, 11:16 PM

Points 25
Assists 8
Rebounds 4
Steals 1

Points 30
Assists 10
Rebounds 5
Steals 1

I think they'll be similar to last season's stats. I think he'll average around 24 ppg, 8-9 apg, 4 rpg and 1 spg.

Slimsim
08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
**** it I'll say it Bull forum

Pierzynski4Prez
08-15-2011, 12:08 AM
John Wall is the only player that teams focused on when they played the Wizards... What don't you understand?

You are blatantly a homer.

Have you ever seen a bulls game?

beasted86
08-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Young players don't always improve.

When LeBron averaged 30 PPG in his 3rd year or whatever, trolls were claiming he'd go for 35. When Durant won the scoring title in '10, people thought he could average 30 again, but add 5 assists. Both scenarios their stats dipped slightly the next year across the board.

I expect the same with Rose. Elite stats, but slight dip: 23 PPG, 7 AST, 46% FG, 31% 3PT

beasted86
08-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Why are people throwing Marbury under the bus with Francis & Rose. (I'm not dissing anyone here, and not Rose) My point is he's been a better passer than than them his entire career. What Rose just averaged in assists as a CAREER HIGH, Starbury did MORE as a rookie. Francis' career high was exactly 7.0.

Marbury basically never averaged less than 8 assists per game during his prime.

Anyway, Rose could average 10 APG, but a lot of factors would have to be in his favor. He'd have to play at a faster pace, he'd need better shooters, and he'd need a slight mindset change.

sep11ie
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
47 ppg
26 assts
23 rebs
17 steals

Oldmantrash
08-15-2011, 10:55 AM
If I was a Bulls fan I would want his points to go down,and his assists to go up.

Right now he is a great scorer,not a great leader.Which is what you want your pg to be.

I don't see him doing it though,he doesn't have the court vision to be a great one.

Just another scorer.

Chronz
08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
I get why people are comparing rose to Francis and Marbury because of their skillsets. But there is one very big difference between these players. THEIR ATTITUDE AND PERSONALITY.

Marbury and Francis HAD to be in charge of the ball, thats why they were shot first pgs, they always thought of scoring and being the "man" on the court.
I don't like the Francis comparison, but Marbury was a great playmaker. That said he could never have been the kind of guy who averages high assists even by compromising his own scoring, its why every time he was replaced by a true PG (Kidd/Nash) those guys took basically the same weapons, led them further and garnered more assists in the process.

Who knows maybe Rose is the 2nd coming of Nash, we'll see.

pd1dish
08-15-2011, 12:18 PM
30 points and 10 assists? More like 28 and 7.

lol even as a Bulls homer i would never say he is going to go 30 and 10 on the year. i think that he improves his jump shooting and he also said he was going to work on his post game. realistically i want to say that his PPG are going to go up a little bit as a result of the hard work he does in the offseason.

i also believe that his assists can only go up. Deng has vastly improved his shooting and is only going to get better. Noah is starting to develop a little bit of an offensive game and hopefully improves more this season. Boozer can only go up after the weak year he had. and hopefully once we get a legit SG, that will also make Rose's assists go up.

my prediction:

25.7 PPG
8.5 APG

he will have another solid year and i only see him getting better and better as the years go on.

pd1dish
08-15-2011, 12:23 PM
You forgot 0 turnovers, 100% from the free throw line, 90% from beyond the arc.. 3 blocks and 2 truffle shuffles per game... lol

I think he's peaked... I can only see one stat go up if another goes down... For example, if his ppg reduces to 20-22 per game, he could probably get 10-11 assists per game... Teams know what to expect from him right now...some of his tactics last year absolutely won't work.. Miami exposed some of his weaknesses, and scouts on other teams probably have taken notes. But I guess we'll see. lol

the only reason Rose's weaknesses were exposed are because the only way you can completely shut him down is if you get a guy that is just as fast laterally and bigger than him....aka Lebron James

Miami's great defense as a whole is another reason

avon_barksdale
08-15-2011, 12:27 PM
if the bulls want the ship then shots n point need go down, assist need to go up

29$JerZ
08-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Rose won't average 10 assist with his current team, plus he doesn't have the makeup of a pass first PG like Nash/Paul who get players open looks regularly. He is being depended on as their main scorer, once they put another player around him to work with he'll be close to that type of PG imo.

Shareeb_omac2
08-15-2011, 12:44 PM
John Wall's shooting his rookie year was better than Lebron's rookie year...

$GangGr33n$
08-15-2011, 12:49 PM
i say 26ppg 6 assist 4 rebounds

tr3ymill3r
08-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I thought we closed this thread when we determined that there would be no season thus his stats would look something like this.

Points - 0
Assists - 0
Steals - 0
Rebounds - 0

Chronz
08-15-2011, 01:04 PM
John Wall's shooting his rookie year was better than Lebron's rookie year...

Im not sure about that but even if true people are talking about his Offensive Efficiency. Wall doesnt touch Bron there.

DaBUU
08-15-2011, 01:12 PM
I dont think Derricks number will go up much more here on out. I just think he'll get more solid in everything he does, especially defense and shot selection.

RZZZA
08-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Why do so many people have Derricks assists going down? :confused:

that makes no sense

xM1GSx
08-15-2011, 01:31 PM
who cares?:shrug:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-15-2011, 02:07 PM
And he'll average 35 and 12 the season after that right?

:rolleyes:

ahahaha :laugh:

and by 2016 he'll average 55 and 18

mRc08
08-15-2011, 02:26 PM
I think when we are debating point guards, there are the kinds that score (or need to for their team to win) and those who pass more and try and make everyone on their team better.

I would say right now, rose is the best scoring point guard in the NBA. While much of his game is driving to the rim, he hasn't shown he can be the passer paul, nash, or even dwill are. He's still a good passer, but he just hasn't mastered that part of his game yet. At 22, there is no reason he won't be able to. Im not sure why people are saying he will never average 10, thats just stupid. He spent all last offseason working on his 3 point shot because that was the biggest hole in his game, and was able to improve on that last year. I don't see why he won't be able to do the same with his passing and defense. I'm obviously a rose fan, but im not delusional.

Paul and nash are unreal passers. Same with dwill. Many believe the pg needs to pass first. These guys have all given other players career years and I hope that rose can find the same type of skill during his career, because if he could pass as well as these fellas, he would truely be unreal.

In terms of the john wall stuff, the guy is young, and isn't progressing as fast as drose did, but hey, drose is a freak. In 4 years the best pgs in the league could easily be rose, westbrook, wall. His work ethic will determine his future, he has all the physical gifts.

People need to stop letting trolls and homers effect their honost opinion on these players, because all it does is dilute our form even more with idiots. Drose is a beast scoring pointguard who is an awesome team leader. He got shut down by lebron, the best players in the game in his last series. He will come back hungry and better, so please, enough 45-12-6 stat lines from non funny people, and enough "he will never average 10, never" people, the man has the potential to do it, he's athletic, can score, determined, and young. stop hatin

Sofnr
08-15-2011, 02:43 PM
^this

kozelkid
08-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Averaged 3.3 in the 2nd half. Like much of his game (outside of penetration/drawing contact), Rose peaked in the first half and began to regress as the season progressed. It's not as if he doesn't have the gifts to get there, he just hasn't shown any indication that he will (and in fact the indicators point the opposite). So being that that's the case, I don't see it happening. I think Westbrook's a much better rebounder than him along with being just as if not more athletic, and even he hasn't quite eclipsed 5rpg yet.

But on second thought, if he increases his MPG to 40+, it's possible that we see some decent season average increases, including rebounding.

I'm not sure why you seem to think his 2nd half is more indicative of his ability than pre-allstar break especially considering the second half is a sample size that is nearly twice as small. Not to mention fatigue obviously kicked in.

Another season and better prepared for such a long season will serve Rose better and probably make him better prepared to play at a high level for longer.

heattiltheend94
08-15-2011, 07:12 PM
23 6 4

Ben23noN
08-15-2011, 07:26 PM
I bet it will be something around 26/8/5/1/1 - actually it would be awesome.

killbumdeluxe13
08-15-2011, 07:26 PM
if they get as scoring threat at the 2guard rose could avg. 10 assists a game. not so sure about the 30 pts a game though. he needs to increase his field goal percentage

Ben23noN
08-15-2011, 07:41 PM
That is true - as far as I remember, he cooperate quite good with three point specialist SG, like Ben Gordon. He seemed to trust him and it was the thing I have not seen since then - DR1 trusting his SG - I am talking just about an offense...

Fnom11
08-16-2011, 12:21 AM
For the people saying getting a SG like JR Smith will help is assist must have never seen him play before. Not sayings he's bad by any means but he's the farthest thing from a catch and shoot player.

six
08-16-2011, 12:43 AM
For the people saying getting a SG like JR Smith will help is assist must have never seen him play before. Not sayings he's bad by any means but he's the farthest thing from a catch and shoot player.

ANY player that replaces Bogans is an upgrade to the SG spot.

I have to give credit for Bogan's O.K defense, but offensively, the only thing he is good at is his 3 point shot while wide open.

naps
08-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Stats are not important. He needs to improve his efficiency. His efficiency certainly was not on elite level last year.
I predict a similar year next year. No significant improvement. His PPG might go down a bit.

Chronz
08-16-2011, 05:23 AM
ANY player that replaces Bogans is an upgrade to the SG spot.

I have to give credit for Bogan's O.K defense, but offensively, the only thing he is good at is his 3 point shot while wide open.

Hes talking with regards to helping Rose's assist marks.

KingPosey
08-16-2011, 05:32 AM
he may avg 40 and 10 in the playoffs, but if he shoots 30% again, he wont go anywhere.

BUCSFORLIFE123
08-16-2011, 05:38 AM
like i said, he will never avg 10 ast a game. his shoot first mentality will prohibit that, unless he realizes that being a pass first pg will benefit his team.
hes another allen iverson in terms of scoring ppg.

MVP20
08-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Very close to this year not to much difference IMO

six
08-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Hes talking with regards to helping Rose's assist marks.

Uh yea... I know.

And I'm talking about how any player replacing Bogans is an upgrade to the SG spot, hence Rose's assists would increase.

YoungOne
08-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Uh yea... I know.

And I'm talking about how any player replacing Bogans is an upgrade to the SG spot, hence Rose's assists would increase.

an upgrade at sg will get him less touches

UKblazers
08-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Keith Bogans averaged less than an assist a game...theres literally not a single starting shooting guard who could average less. A better SG means more assists coming from someone else. I think what he averaged this season plus better efficiency is the most likely output.

mttwlsn16
08-16-2011, 09:55 AM
30 and 10 :laugh:

LakersIn5
08-16-2011, 10:04 AM
rose already had his best statistical season last season. i doubt he will post better stats than those in the future.

six
08-16-2011, 11:44 AM
an upgrade at sg will get him less touches

Since Rose is a point guard he pretty much always has the ball in his hands. An upgraded SG wouldn't effect this. Rose would get more assists since the upgraded SG would make more shots assisted by Rose. May I remind you that the Bulls starting SG averaged 4 points last season!

Chronz
08-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Uh yea... I know.

Hence? You didnt show us anything

six
08-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Hence? You didnt show us anything

Bogans averaged 4 points last season, is that enough "show" for you?

Just use logic, would Rose get more assists with an SG that averages 4 PPG or an SG that averages 20+ PPG?

Gators123
08-16-2011, 12:28 PM
I think he will have very similar stats as last season, but with a little better efficiency.

Chronz
08-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Bogans averaged 4 points last season, is that enough "show" for you?
I didnt realize Bogans played all 48 Minutes, and thats hardly my idea of a statistical analysis.

Look lets play this game, Wade played alongside an upgraded SF, he in turn averaged less assist. Look at any PG who got to play with a combo guard and you'll see a similar effect.

Just use logic, would Rose get more assists with an SG that averages 4 PPG or an SG that averages 20+ PPG?

Accounting for Minutes, probably the guy who averages 4. Depends on his skill set. Thus your logic is flawed, upgraded SG could just as easily spell less Ast. His passing efficiency might improve but it really just depends on how the 2 mesh.

six
08-16-2011, 12:37 PM
I didnt realize Bogans played all 48 Minutes, and thats hardly my idea of a statistical analysis.

Look lets play this game, Wade played alongside an upgraded SF, he in turn averaged less assist. Look at any PG who got to play with a combo guard and you'll see a similar effect.

Accounting for Minutes, probably the guy who averages 4. Depends on his skill set. Thus your logic is flawed, upgraded SG could just as easily spell less Ast. His passing efficiency might improve but it really just depends on how the 2 mesh.

Gators123
08-16-2011, 12:39 PM

/Thread

You killed him with that argument!

six
Keith Bogans averaged less than an assist a game...theres literally not a single starting shooting guard who could average less. A better SG means more assists coming from someone else. I think what he averaged this season plus better efficiency is the most likely output.

Agreed.

Sadds The Gr8

Points 25
Assists 8
Rebounds 4
Steals 1

Points 30
Assists 10
Rebounds 5
Steals 1
stop smoking crack

Southsideheat
08-16-2011, 01:43 PM
In response to those who say that Rose will never average 10 assists a game.

This is the same Derrick Rose that people begged in high school and Calipari at Memphis to shoot more because he was too much of a facilitator. The ONLY reason he shot more this past season was because he was told to because the rest of the team was inept offensively. Rose hasn't suddenly become a chucker for no apparent reason. He's still has the same mentality, he just couldn't use it because of the team surrounding him.

There seems to be a feeling with many people that Rose has never been a facilitator. It simply isn't true.

Southsideheat
08-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Playing with better offensive players around you increases your efficiency period. A better SG next to Rose will not only give him more assists, but it will allow Rose to shoot less contested shots, and shoot more open shots.

Chronz
08-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Agreed.

LOL how can you agree when he just disagreed with you?

Chronz
08-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Playing with better offensive players around you increases your efficiency period. A better SG next to Rose will not only give him more assists, but it will allow Rose to shoot less contested shots, and shoot more open shots.

False, theres more to it than that.

Southsideheat
08-16-2011, 02:24 PM
False, theres more to it than that.

that doesn't mean its false.

ChicagoJ
08-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Rose will get better every year. I think he's one of those players that will make great improvements each season. Which areas he improves is yet to be seen. I think it has more to do with what the team needs than his own individual stats.

But, if he does improve his ppg I hope it comes from shooting a higher pct from the field and maybe going to the line more. Taking more shots to get 30 ppg isn't exactly an improvement. It just means he is taking on the offensive load more which isn't necessarily a good thing.

OlivaThor
08-16-2011, 06:40 PM
I donīt know, I expect some degradation

Chronz
08-16-2011, 06:58 PM
that doesn't mean its false.

Doesnt mean its true either, just look at LeBron.

Catoblepas
08-16-2011, 07:20 PM
24 points, 9 assists, 3 steals, and 5 Rebounds .

OlivaThor
08-16-2011, 07:22 PM
24 points, 9 assists, 3 steals, and 5 Rebounds .

3 steals are so much, but 25+9 are fine for me

Red222
08-16-2011, 07:41 PM
23/9/5 47+FG% and 55+TS%

Chill_Will_24
08-16-2011, 07:55 PM
23/9/5 47+FG% and 55+TS%

CM Punk>>>>>>>>>Derrick Rose

Red222
08-16-2011, 08:19 PM

WE run everything you didnt know chill:D rose will get his title soon enough

RZZZA
08-21-2011, 11:49 PM
I think he will have very similar stats as last season, but with a little better efficiency.

more assists are likely

rapjuicer06
08-22-2011, 12:54 AM
I say 23/8/4 with a second round exit in the playoffs

TheRunKiller
08-22-2011, 01:07 AM

The Miz>>>>>>>>>>>Deron Williams

ChiSox219
08-22-2011, 01:53 AM
27.8 PPG
8.8 APG
4.0 RPG
.570 TS%

Griffin wins MVP

naps
08-22-2011, 04:18 AM
27.8 PPG
8.8 APG
4.0 RPG
.570 TS%

Griffin wins MVP

:confused:

Well if Rose puts up those numbers, the Bulls are definitely gonna have a much better record than the Clippers. How does that make Griffin the MVP? What numbers are you expecting from Griffin? And also their team records next season?

Sly Guy
08-22-2011, 10:18 AM

Chronz
08-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Well if Rose puts up those numbers, the Bulls are definitely gonna have a much better record than the Clippers. How does that make Griffin the MVP? What numbers are you expecting from Griffin? And also their team records next season?

Even if Rose is more deserving, the story of the Clippers revival will deem him the MVP, meanwhile the narrative that helped Rose win his will have gotten stale.

D Roses Bulls
08-22-2011, 12:57 PM
I haven't read through this thread, but please don't tell me people are talkin about blake griffin for MVP anytime soon, lmfao....... the clippers for one will not have the best record or anywhere near the best record in the NBA ANYTIME SOON and you can quote me on that.

Chronz
08-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Read the thread Feeny, the prediction came from one of your Chi town brothers. Also not a single Clippers fan would care to quote the likes of you.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-22-2011, 03:04 PM
0.4 ppg 1.0 apg 0.2 rpg 5.1 FG% 52.1 FT%

Ohh I thought you said in the 4th quarter.

25.2 ppg 8.6 apg 4.8 rpg

Chill_Will_24
08-22-2011, 03:04 PM
"likes of you" and I'm ignorant. He's implying his superiority by saying that. What makes him better than anyone.

He is not better than anyone and he knows it. He is just more intelligent and logical than 90% of posters here. idk why why i care cuz i dont even know him but i like him as a poster and what your calling "belittling"... whew... you might as well stop logging into PSD now cuz it can get way worse in here than that. I wouldnt want you to be a victim of "cyber bullying" :laugh2:

GhostfaceDrilla
08-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I haven't read through this thread, but please don't tell me people are talkin about blake griffin for MVP anytime soon, lmfao....... the clippers for one will not have the best record or anywhere near the best record in the NBA ANYTIME SOON and you can quote me on that.

How did the playoffs go?

RZZZA
08-22-2011, 03:06 PM
hey guys! What's going on in this thread? Is it intelligent and polite discussion?

oh no, its more trolling and baiting. Darn, rats...

ChiSox219
08-22-2011, 03:07 PM

something like 30/13/5 with good efficiency and the Clippers making the playoffs.

Chill_Will_24
08-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Nobody was trolling or even baiting!!! :shrug: That was just perplexing...

GhostfaceDrilla
08-22-2011, 03:10 PM
hey guys! What's going on in this thread? Is it intelligent and polite discussion?

oh no, its more trolling and baiting. Darn, rats...

Well when Bulls fans act like their team is clearly the best in the league and that Rose is clearly the best in the league, then you will get ****. Funny thing is you guys aren't even a hundredth as bad as Heat fans are.

RZZZA
08-22-2011, 03:11 PM
yeah except you're just making things up, no bulls fan acts like we're the best team in the league or that Rose is the best player in the league.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2011, 03:13 PM
yeah except you're just making things up, no bulls fan acts like we're the best team in the league or that Rose is the best player in the league.

dude, you have to be kidding me. There are PLENTY (not you) that spent the last month of the season and a month after the MVP award was given saying Rose MUST be the best player since he won the MVP.

RZZZA
08-22-2011, 03:15 PM
I can see the argument for saying Rose was the best player of the season, who had the best year. But statistically there's no argument for it.

It's like saying "Rose is the best PG in the NBA" vs "Rose is the most dominant PG in the NBA". Similar, but different.

Chill_Will_24
08-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Well when Bulls fans act like their team is clearly the best in the league and that Rose is clearly the best in the league, then you will get ****. Funny thing is you guys aren't even a hundredth as bad as Heat fans are.

Disagree. Bulls fans are pretty bad. They were waiting so long for this success after Jordan that now they overrate their players and get sensitive to any criticism. I spend my summers in MIA and most people there dont even care about the Heat. Its only online that Heat fans can get really bad but still not as bad as CHI and NY fans...

Hawkeye15
08-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I can see the argument for saying Rose was the best player of the season, who had the best year. But statistically there's no argument for it.

It's like saying "Rose is the best PG in the NBA" vs "Rose is the most dominant PG in the NBA". Similar, but different.

nearly every Bulls fan that made claims that Rose was the NBA's best player were the complete homers obviously, but they were out there.

But its all trivial at this point anyways. I hate this lockout

RZZZA
08-22-2011, 03:21 PM
There's a lot of ignorant people out there, Bulls fan base is not immune.

personally I don't think I over rate Derrick. I defend him from unjust criticism and from inaccurate statements. I rate him anywhere from 5th to 8th best in the NBA, I think that's a fair place to put him. Personally I have him 7th or 8th best.

Chill_Will_24
08-22-2011, 03:23 PM

personally I don't think I over rate Derrick. I defend him from unjust criticism and from inaccurate statements. I rate him anywhere from 5th to 8th best in the NBA, I think that's a fair place to put him. Personally I have him 7th or 8th best.

Yea thats around where i have him too

Hawkeye15
08-22-2011, 03:35 PM

nah, you are usually pretty fair regarding him. Its like me and Kevin Love. I may defend his so hard that an outsider thinks I am overrating him, but at the end of the day, I think he is a top 20-25 player, and I can't see ranking him any higher right now.

Cool007
08-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I personally think Rose's stats next year will be:

25 ppg (again)
9.1 apg (up with better feel of his teammates)
4.5 rpg (he could get more but Bulls have best rebounding bigs)
1.3spg
0.7bpg (best shot blocking PG in the NBA).

What I want to see is him raising his TS% from 55% to 56% or better, his PER to 24+, 3pt% 37%+, and more importantly how does he play vs LeBron and Heat this coming year.

I want to see him win it all next year.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I personally think Rose's stats next year will be:

25 ppg (again)
9.1 apg (up with better feel of his teammates)
4.5 rpg (he could get more but Bulls have best rebounding bigs)
1.3spg
0.7bpg (best shot blocking PG in the NBA).

What I want to see is him raising his TS% from 55% to 56% or better, his PER to 24+, 3pt% 37%+, and more importantly how does he play vs LeBron and Heat this coming year.

I want to see him win it all next year.

I actually think with a healthier Boozer, his pure ppg will drop by 0.5-1, but that will cause his efficiency to go up slightly I imagine

Cool007
08-22-2011, 05:36 PM
I actually think with a healthier Boozer, his pure ppg will drop by 0.5-1, but that will cause his efficiency to go up slightly I imagine

I actually don't think you can count Boozer to be healthy all year.

However, Bulls sign a SG that can shoot (JR Smith?) then it will give Rose easily 1-2 more assists per game and hopefully Noah/Boozer can stay healthy.

If Rose improves his efficiency, he can still put 25ppg even by reducing 1-2 shot a game. So I do believe it in 25ppg 4+rpg 9+apg next season.

Chronz
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
I actually don't think you can count Boozer to be healthy all year.

However, Bulls sign a SG that can shoot (JR Smith?) then it will give Rose easily 1-2 more assists per game and hopefully Noah/Boozer can stay healthy.

If Rose improves his efficiency, he can still put 25ppg even by reducing 1-2 shot a game. So I do believe it in 25ppg 4+rpg 9+apg next season.

I doubt that, playing alongside JR Smith will drop Roses APG average IMO. JR is a guy that likes to create and its a waste of his talent to just stand there, sure he likes to bomb away but will he be content to just stand there and wait for Rose? If you can convince him to only take spot up shots then he will be remarkably effective (46% last year from Spot Up 3's), but people have been trying to get him to stay within himself for years with mixed results.

PHXfanCRO
08-23-2011, 07:02 AM
26-27ppg and 6-7 apg

ewmania
08-23-2011, 07:26 AM
people are haters... leave this kid alone lol

im not a bulls fan but rose is something special... bulls are a 2 guard away from beating all you guys favorite team including mines

3ballbomber
08-23-2011, 07:31 AM
IMO Rose still needs some improvements & i'm sure he is working on that. I still like chris paul as a pg over him any day. Though Rose's game doesn't focus on setting his team mates up improvements there adding 2-3 assists on average per game would give him an edge over cp.

mttwlsn16
08-23-2011, 07:40 AM

Points 25
Assists 8
Rebounds 4
Steals 1

Points 30
Assists 10
Rebounds 5
Steals 1

dont ever post again :facepalm:

mttwlsn16
08-23-2011, 07:44 AM
people are haters... leave this kid alone lol

im not a bulls fan but rose is something special... bulls are a 2 guard away from beating all you guys favorite team including mines

dude no theyre not. PSD has made me hate the bulls more than the heat. bulls fans think d rose is the 2nd coming of MJ :laugh: john wall will be a better PG than him next season

Reversed86Curse
08-23-2011, 08:20 AM
55 points
15 assist
9 rebounds
5 steals

I think you underrate him too much

synister281
08-23-2011, 08:45 AM
He will score 80987234989824 points this season when it happens, even in a shortened season.

Chill_Will_24
08-23-2011, 12:58 PM
dude no theyre not. PSD has made me hate the bulls more than the heat. bulls fans think d rose is the 2nd coming of MJ :laugh: john wall will be a better PG than him next season

idk about next season but Wall will be better in a few years. He has the right mentality for a pg

JordansBulls
08-23-2011, 01:27 PM

This is ridiculous. The Wizards had a better record the year before Wall came than in Wall's rookie year.

avon_barksdale
08-23-2011, 01:45 PM
This is ridiculous. The Wizards had a better record the year before Wall came than in Wall's rookie year.

east was much tougher last yr than the yr before. 2 yrs ago only good squads was boston cleveland orlando... hawks was aight too but nothin special.

Chronz
08-23-2011, 04:10 PM
So?

RZZZA
08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
John Wall will never be a better PG than Rose.

give me a break with this crap, a bunch of people on this forum think Mike bibby is a better PG than Rose. Never surprises me the level of idiotic comments I see on this site...and its usually from the same people.

Get this straight: Rose is an elite PG in the NBA. Wall is the most inefficient PG in the NBA and he shoots about as good as my grandmother does. To go from where he is now to being better than Rose would take a humongous leap.

Sadds The Gr8
08-23-2011, 05:15 PM

give me a break with this crap, a bunch of people on this forum think Mike bibby is a better PG than Rose. Never surprises me the level of idiotic comments I see on this site...and its usually from the same people.

Get this straight: Rose is an elite PG in the NBA. Wall is the most inefficient PG in the NBA and he shoots about as good as my grandmother does. To go from where he is now to being better than Rose would take a humongous leap.

really? that's good to know Miss Cleo. Mind telling us who will win the next 10 NBA championships, seeing as you're a psychic and all...

Gators123
08-23-2011, 05:17 PM

Hmm...

RZZZA
08-23-2011, 05:21 PM
it has nothing to do with being psychic, its about evaluating a players talent level. Wall came into the league as a poor shooter, that's his base talent level. he can work on it and he might become an average shooter eventually if he works real hard.

Someone like a Rose or a Deron, they came into the league already as competent shooters. as they mature and work on it they have the talent to become exceptional shooters eventually. Deron already is there, Rose can stand to raise his %'s from certain places on the floor.

It's just the base talent level for shooting is so different for these players. Rose and Deron and CP3, these people were already average-to-competent shooters in their rookie years.

Now, Wall has great court vision and he averages a lot of assists, he's good at that. I see him as like a more athletic Rondo. Neither Rondo or Wall are ever going to be very good shooters but they're not those types of PGs.

Chronz
08-23-2011, 05:43 PM

Rose made one of the biggest leaps from 1 year to another, what makes you so sure that Wall cant do the same?

RZZZA
08-23-2011, 06:58 PM
because Rose came into the league already a competent shooter. He went from a decent Fg% on few attempts to a decent FG% on more attempts.

Wall will need a massive 10% FG% increase from everywhere on the floor to just be where Rose is now. Players don't make that kind of leap in one year. Especially when they've shown no propensity for shooting beforehand.