Bench:

C:Perkins ...... C:Marc G
Pf: Horford ...... PF: Duncan
Sf: G Wallace ...... Sf: Grant HIll
Sg: jr smith ...... sG: Mike Miller
PG: Tyreke ...... Pg:Kidd

Chacarron
08-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Shouldn't Wade be in the all atheltic team?

Anyways, I went with the all fundamentals team though I may start Duncan or Marc over Pau just to have a true center next to Dirk. I'd also start Grant Hill who I think is the better defender over Battier.

D_Rose1118
08-13-2011, 10:23 PM
where is rose or westbrook on all athletic team

asandhu23
08-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Why is Monta not there? Shouldn't he be all Athletic?

Khalifa21
08-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Rondo as the all-athletic PG?

Teams should look like this:

Athletic team:

PG: Derrick Rose/Russell Westbrook
SG: Dwyane Wade/Monta Ellis
SF: LeBron James/Gerald Wallace
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire/Blake Griffin
C: Dwight Howard/Tyson Chandler

Fundamental team:

PG: Chris Paul/Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant/Manu Ginobili
SF: Paul Pierce/Grant Hill
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Pau Gasol
C: Tim Duncan/Marc Gasol

I'd go with the athletic team... They have a ridiculous mix of offense and defense. Wade and LeBron on the wings with Dwight in the middle? I don't see a team beating that. The athletic front-court would eat the fundamental front-court alive as well... Dwight/Amar'e/Griffin against Dirk/Duncan/Gasol's? With only one solid defensive big man (who also happens to be 35) going up against the athleticism and strength of Dwight, Amar'e and Griffin.. Too much.

Korman12
08-13-2011, 11:19 PM

Athletic team:

Fundamental team:

I'd go with the athletic team... They have a ridiculous mix of offense and defense. Wade and LeBron on the wings with Dwight in the middle? I don't see a team beating that. The athletic front-court would eat the fundamental front-court alive as well... Dwight/Amar'e/Griffin against Dirk/Duncan/Gasol's? With only one solid defensive big man (who also happens to be 35) going up against the athleticism and strength of Dwight, Amar'e and Griffin.. Too much.

This is much more accurate, I feel

VCaintdead17
08-13-2011, 11:56 PM

Athletic team:

Fundamental team:

MUCH better.

Although Josh Smith should be on the athletic team somehwere, and I'd replace Marc with Horford.

Hellcrooner
08-14-2011, 12:13 AM
MUCH better.

Although Josh Smith should be on the athletic team somehwere, and I'd replace Marc with Horford.

o yeah, because he is soooo fundamentlaly sound.:rolleyes:

VCaintdead17
08-14-2011, 12:17 AM
o yeah, because he is soooo fundamentlaly sound.:rolleyes:

ummmmm, yes? Certainly more so than Marc Gasol.

JIDsanity
08-14-2011, 12:39 AM
This is a difficult decision... I'm not sure. If this is speaking strictly right now I'd go with the athletic team, but if you're talking prime the fundamental team is where its at.

LakersMaster24
08-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Idk man...Idk...if we got by RIGHT now, I would have to go with the Athletic dudes...but if its prime for each player then fundamentals...

LosDoyers1
08-14-2011, 03:38 AM

Athletic team:

Fundamental team:

In a seven-game series, I'm going with fundamentals. The fundamental team just has to play a zone and they'll be fine. Dare the athletic team to shoot from the outside until they can prove they can make it consistently.

Storch
08-14-2011, 05:29 AM
I'll go with fundamentals because im sure the fundamentally sound point guard can run the show much better than the athletic pg. :shrug:

PurpleJesus
08-14-2011, 06:21 AM
much closer than i would have originally thought than when i saw the name of the thread

ragee
08-14-2011, 07:27 AM
This is just not fair... It should be based on the skills of the players during their prime... Most of the players in the athletic team are in their primes while the ones in the fundamentals side are all way past their primes other than maybe Kobe and Dirk...

If it is during their primes, the athletic group will not match the fundamental group... Kidd, Kobe and Duncan? They don't even need Dirk anymore! Lol...

DR_1
08-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Any team with Dirk+Kobe on it wins hands-down.

Khalifa21
08-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Any team with Dirk+Kobe on it wins hands-down.

Even if it's going up against a team with the three best players in the league in LeBron, Wade and Dwight? :eyebrow:

Federal Reserve
08-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Kobe would brick shots and lose the game; Lebron would dominate Battie in isolation plays.

VivaLaShark
08-14-2011, 10:09 AM
How about the all spelling team? P-H-Y-S-I-C-A-L

kozelkid
08-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Did Kevin Durant just disappear off the face of this earth?

I'd put him also on the fundamental team.

Swashcuff
08-14-2011, 01:24 PM

Athletic team:

Fundamental team:

Really not much else to be said after this post IMO. MUCH better line-up and I agree on all counts. Both absolutely STACKED teams but I too would give the nod to the athletic team.

Something to note however. The Athletic team has one Finals MVP while the fundamental has four and MUCH more combined championships than the athletic. They are proven winnings.

Giants-49ers-Ws
08-14-2011, 01:30 PM
in their primes fundamentals... not sure right now

MR.TRIPDUB
08-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Fundamentals in a 7 game series. I think they would adjust alot better after each game and figure the other team out. This is what basically happened in the finals this year.

In a one game series most definitely the athletic team.

Raph12
08-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Dwight + Lebron = Auto-win

MR.TRIPDUB
08-14-2011, 03:06 PM
This is basically an east vs west battle. In a long season, ill go west.

kozelkid
08-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Dwight + Lebron = Auto-win

Certainly has worked well in the all-star games...

MrfadeawayJB
08-14-2011, 06:57 PM
when i saw the title of the thread my first thought was "what is this black vs. white" lol... I would go all athletic team. However half the "fundamental players" are very athletic too.

LA_Raiders
08-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Brains wins all the time...

kdspurman
08-15-2011, 12:23 PM
How do you have the guy nick-named the big fundamental on the bench? lol

kdspurman
08-15-2011, 12:29 PM
I'd go with the fundamentals. Talking prime of course. During those 4th quarters when the game slows down, they have the inside game with duncan, the outside game with dirk, 2 proven clutch players in pierce/kobe, and a league MVP in nash who is a proven floor general.
The athletic team will solely rely on it's physical ability and at some point it will take more than that. Sounds a lot like the discussions of heat vs mavericks to be honest lol. I just think the fundamentals have what it takes to get it done.

Hellcrooner
08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
How do you have the guy nick-named the big fundamental on the bench? lol

because he is way past his prime?

Ebbs
08-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Fundamentals now and prime

Tony_Starks
08-15-2011, 04:48 PM

Athletic team:

Fundamental team:

Your list is pretty good with the exception I'd probably swap Wade and Ginobli. Wade is athletic but he's also pretty fundamentaly sound offensively. Good jump stop, pull up, post game, etc... Manu isn't extremely athletic but his game is very unorthodox which makes him a better pick on their squad IMO....

Anyway I'd roll with the fundamentals in a 7 game series. That kind of team is built for a series.

Raph12
08-17-2011, 05:47 AM
Certainly has worked well in the all-star games...

Right because the AS game is when players tend to elevate their play to another level lol :rolleyes:

kdspurman
08-17-2011, 09:54 AM
because he is way past his prime?

Oh... so what's the excuse for J-Rich and no wade?

Law25
08-17-2011, 11:03 AM

Athletic team:

Fundamental team:

I like this line up better and i'll go with the fundamental kats. This series would be alot like "The Rumble in the Jungle" Foreman Vs Ali and I'm taking Ali

sventhedog
08-17-2011, 11:42 AM
the athletic players are pretty young while the fundamental players are old. but if you look at the athletic team, their outside shooters are only richardson and jr. smith. so a defense like what the mavs used in the recent finals might work. i wouldn't worry about rondo, lebron dwight and griffin from the outside while battier can stick with the shooter.

Hellcrooner
08-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh... so what's the excuse for J-Rich and no wade?

because wade has too much fundamentals to serve the purpose of the thread