PDA

View Full Version : Luke Walton hoping NBA season will start on time

limeytech
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM

Luke Walton isn’t looking to play overseas if the NBA labor dispute drags into the fall and delays or cancels the 2011-12 season. In fact, he remains optimistic that the two sides will settle their differences and there will be a season.

And if that’s the case, Walton plans on being in shape.

The Lakers forward has been working with a shooting coach, who according to Walton, has his jump shot looking like Dallas star Dirk’ Nowitzki’s’ he said Thursday at Matt Barnes’ Athletes vs. Cancer charity event in Rancho Palos Verdes. He was dead serious.

“It does,” he insisted.

Walton said he has talked to several of his teammates and all of them are “hungry to get back out there” after being swept by the Mavericks in the second round of the playoffs. There’s also another reason why he wants the season to start on time: medical assistance.

During a lockout, players are banned from the team’s facilities and personnel. That means, if they get hurt, they are on their own as Walton found out.

“I sprained my ankle the other day and I must have spent $150 on every gimmick at Rite-Aid that you can get to help yourself heal it,” Walton said.
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/08/12/luke-walton-hoping-nba-season-will-start-on-time/57317/

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Avenged
08-12-2011, 06:36 PM
lmao!!! what a joke. I needed a nice laugh.

LosDoyers1
08-12-2011, 06:42 PM
His shot looks like Dirk Nowtizki? If Walton suddenly turns into an offensive threat, his shooting coach deserves half of Walton's contract.

limeytech
08-12-2011, 06:57 PM
lmao!!! what a joke. I needed a nice laugh.
No kidding... This reads like an Onion article :laugh::laugh::laugh:
And he's already injured

LakersMaster24
08-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Funny.

Chacarron
08-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Luke Walton must be on crack to say such things.

still1ballin
08-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Who is Luke Walton?

LakersMaster24
08-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Its funny when the mortals (us) sprain an ankle, we dont spend 100$'s of dollars or seek professional help. Its not THAT big of an injury lol, anyone plays basketball will have a sprained ankle...it just happens, then you walk it out, and in like 2-3 days its all good.

limeytech
08-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Its funny when the mortals (us) sprain an ankle, we dont spend 100$'s of dollars or seek professional help. Its not THAT big of an injury lol, anyone plays basketball will have a sprained ankle...it just happens, then you walk it out, and in like 2-3 days its all good.
Hey if you could shoot like Dirk you would never say such a thing..LOL

Vinylman
08-12-2011, 10:48 PM
he must want the season to start soon so he can begin his retirement...

I will guarantee that the owners get the allan Houston exception again in the new cba... at that time we can say bye bye to Puke for good!!! :clap:

limeytech
08-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Who is Luke Walton?
Are you serous???? He is Dirk's mentor and player he most wants to be..
Plus look at how many rings he has earned carrying the likes of a Kobe and Pau....

LakersMaster24
08-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Hey if you could shoot like Dirk you would never say such a thing..LOL

Cant wait for some "high-IQ" basketball...:rolleyes:

Angelus™
08-13-2011, 02:39 AM
This guy is just a pure waste of a roster spot

Teeboy1487
08-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Cant wait for some "high-IQ" basketball...:rolleyes:

:laugh2: I wish I was getting paid 6 million a year to sit on the bench with my "high basketball iq".

Hellcrooner
08-13-2011, 04:11 PM
if he is HEALTHY at last and his shooting has become better he can still be useful in our bench

Tymathee
08-13-2011, 05:43 PM
just cuz his shot looks like dirks doesn't mean it wont get shakey in game or that he'll even be able to get it off. Come back at me luke when u can play inside, ur 6'8 230 get inside

mekedubs
08-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Does anyone in this forum REALLY give a damn about what Luke Walton thinks?
Anyone?:cricket:

midwestlaker75
08-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Heaven forbid that one of the highest paid cheerleaders in the NBA misses a paycheck. Says his shot looks like Dirk's huh! I can make my shot look like Dirk's, The issue is does it go in as consistantly as Dirk's? But I'm a sucker....Prove me wrong!

myqntab
08-14-2011, 05:31 PM
if he is HEALTHY at last and his shooting has become better he can still be useful in our bench

wow...one of the few times i agree with Hellcrooner....

such haters in here....cant you guys even "hope" he has his act together and can help?

he is here till his contract is up so since he IS a laker, can we at least throw a little support?

and yes, i agree these last few years he has been just taking a roster spot, but come on guys...he IS A LAKER....and we somehow won a few rings with him "taking a roster spot"

limeytech
08-14-2011, 06:57 PM
wow...one of the few times i agree with Hellcrooner....

such haters in here....cant you guys even "hope" he has his act together and can help?

he is here till his contract is up so since he IS a laker, can we at least throw a little support?

and yes, i agree these last few years he has been just taking a roster spot, but come on guys...he IS A LAKER....and we somehow won a few rings with him "taking a roster spot"

Yes he is a Laker but he should play like one