PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol Looking More Like Pau Gasol

Mave1002
08-11-2011, 10:32 PM
AUTHOR: Chris Shellcroft
AUGUST 11, 2011

Pau Gasol Looking More Like Pau Gasol

Time heals all wounds…so they say. For those of us that were hoping to see the Lake Show send off PJ with another three-peat our wounds are still very much open. In reality that Tyson job the Mavs did on the Lakers isn’t going to be removed from my memory anytime soon.

No doubt Pau Gasol is still reeling from the way his season unraveled. The Spaniard began the year as an MVP candidate before going all 4th quarter LeBron in the playoffs.

There was all that talk of why Gasol wasn’t performing at his usual level. We all heard those broken heart excuses but who know what was really going on with Gasol.

All I know is the best way to put the pain in the past is to give it a little time then jump right back on that horse and ride!

Pau must have been eager to play for his country in the European Championships cause he got his postseason off to a great start. Gasol dropped 19 in vintage Pau fashion during Spain’s 77-53 W over France in a friendly tune-up for the championships.

Now let’s not get too carried away. The French squad does feature plenty of NBA talent but Rony Turiaf and Boris Diaw could never hold ground with Gasol.

Still, it’s nice to see Pau doing work.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2011/08/11/pau-gasol-looking-more-like-pau-gasol/

VIDEO LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBT7YLsnUag&feature=player_embedded

Serge Ibaka at work @ 2:04. This is one heck of a roster.

Now they can put both Marc and Pau on the floor at the same time. Serge Ibaka coming off the bench with Felipe Reyes.

M.Gasol
P.Gasol
R.Fernandez
JC Navarro
JM Calderon

S.Ibaka
F.Reyes/V.Claver
F.San Emeterio
Sergio Llull
Ricky Rubio/R.Lopez

VIVA ESPANA!

Chacarron
08-11-2011, 10:43 PM
When do the European championships start?

Mave1002
08-11-2011, 11:15 PM
When do the European championships start?

31st of this Month

Mave1002
08-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Here's another scoop:

http://eurobasket2011.com/en/cid_4,w7QjPeH-M,ty138LH2l3.teamID_362.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9 le2.season_2011.roundID_7983.coid_0fRrDVPpIgktm,Rn y3wba3.articleMode_on.html

It was just a friendly, but Spain reminded France they are a very different team when Pau Gasol is in the line-up.

Gasol, the EuroBasket 2009 MVP and the player the French couldn't stop in the teams' Quarter-Final showdown two years ago that Spain won 86-66, had a game-high 19 points to lead his country to a 77-53 romp over Les Bleus in Almeria on Tuesday.

Playing alongside his brother Marc as twin towers in the starting five, the elder Gasol dominated.

He skipped last year's FIBA World Championship to take a well deserved break but has returned to the national side and looked as good as ever as Spain won their first friendly of the summer.

Sergio Scariolo's side delivered a first-half knockout with a 19-4 first-half run.

By half-time, they had a 45-21 stranglehold on the game.

Marc Gasol finished with seven points while both Juan Carlos Navarro and Serge Ibaka contributed nine apiece.

France had Joakim Noah back, following his spell in the United States where he had to receive treatment for ankle injury, and the center had six points.

Point guard Tony Parker led the French with 15 points.

Tuesday was the farewell game for Rafa Martinez and Xavi Rey, who have been let go by Scariolo.

Martinez had two points and Rey didn't score.

Spain will play in Group A at the EuroBasket against Turkey, hosts Lithuania, Great Britain, Poland and a team that comes through the Additional Qualifying Round.

France will compete in Group B against Serbia, Israel, Latvia, Germany and Italy.

Avenged
08-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Spain has a very good, solid roster.

Hellcrooner
08-11-2011, 11:45 PM
^actually both Spain and France could play full Nba rosters.

I mean

Calderon ( raptors)
Navarro ( ex grizz)
Rudy ( Mavs)
Pau
Marc ( grizz)

Bench:

Rubio ( wolves)
Llul ( houston rights)
Claver ( portland Rights)
Ibaka ( Thunder)
Vazquez ( Orlandos rights)

+ Mirotic ( Bulls rights)
+ Garbajosa ( ex raptors).

France has De colo, Beabouis, Parker, Diaw, Noah, Pietrus, Diawara, Turiaff, Seraphim etc etc.

LakersMaster24
08-12-2011, 01:08 AM
I like the way he ran the floor there, showing a lot of energy. Pau is the key to any hope of winning another title.

PS: Am I the only one who noticed that EVERYTIME Pau talks to the media he keeps shrugging his shoulders? XD

Hellcrooner
08-12-2011, 01:23 AM
btw if we cant get howard i wish we could fool the grizz to sign and trade us Gasoll II for drew, no more chemistry trouble between our bigs.

LakersMaster24
08-12-2011, 03:00 AM
btw if we cant get howard i wish we could fool the grizz to sign and trade us Gasoll II for drew, no more chemistry trouble between our bigs.

Do you really want PSD to crash with all the Lakers haters whining about how we just high-jacked another player from the Grizzlies?

Iron24th
08-12-2011, 06:09 AM
If Pau can be Pau again,we have a good shot at another title,but if '11 Pau is back,we're done.

Iron24th
08-12-2011, 06:11 AM
^actually both Spain and France could play full Nba rosters.

I mean

Calderon ( raptors)
Navarro ( ex grizz)
Rudy ( Mavs)
Pau
Marc ( grizz)

Bench:

Rubio ( wolves)
Llul ( houston rights)
Claver ( portland Rights)
Ibaka ( Thunder)
Vazquez ( Orlandos rights)

+ Mirotic ( Bulls rights)
+ Garbajosa ( ex raptors).

France has De colo, Beabouis, Parker, Diaw, Noah, Pietrus, Diawara, Turiaff, Seraphim etc etc.

Yes,and there are Mahinmi,Ajinca,Petro who could make the team one day.

Mave1002
08-12-2011, 06:51 AM

Yep. But do you honestly think that it's possible?

M.Gasol
P.Gasol
RonRon
Kobe
Fish/Blake

LO
Luke
Barnes
Goudelock
Morris

Caracter
Ebanks
Johnson

Man o Man. Just Imagine.

Purple&Gold24
08-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Whenever the lock out ends, Pau will have his best season ever.

GREATNESS ONE
08-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Whenever the lock out ends, Pau will have his best season ever.

:clap: Yes he is, he's going to make a lot of people eat their words.

KillaInstinct24
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
yeah until pau can prove he's still got it against the nba elite, this means nada

LosDoyers1
08-12-2011, 06:43 PM
I'll wait till I see him play in game-time situations. He's always been a soft player regardless, so we'll see how he bounces back.

Avenged
08-12-2011, 06:46 PM
If Pau was as soft as he's made out to be, the Lakers most definitely wouldn't have won back to back titles.

He was extremely soft this past post-season though, and the Lakers failures showed it.

evadatam5150
08-12-2011, 07:00 PM
AUTHOR: Chris Shellcroft
AUGUST 11, 2011

Pau Gasol Looking More Like Pau Gasol

Time heals all woundsÖso they say. For those of us that were hoping to see the Lake Show send off PJ with another three-peat our wounds are still very much open. In reality that Tyson job the Mavs did on the Lakers isnít going to be removed from my memory anytime soon.

No doubt Pau Gasol is still reeling from the way his season unraveled. The Spaniard began the year as an MVP candidate before going all 4th quarter LeBron in the playoffs.

There was all that talk of why Gasol wasnít performing at his usual level. We all heard those broken heart excuses but who know what was really going on with Gasol.

All I know is the best way to put the pain in the past is to give it a little time then jump right back on that horse and ride!

Pau must have been eager to play for his country in the European Championships cause he got his postseason off to a great start. Gasol dropped 19 in vintage Pau fashion during Spainís 77-53 W over France in a friendly tune-up for the championships.

Now letís not get too carried away. The French squad does feature plenty of NBA talent but Rony Turiaf and Boris Diaw could never hold ground with Gasol.

Still, itís nice to see Pau doing work.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2011/08/11/pau-gasol-looking-more-like-pau-gasol/

VIDEO LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBT7YLsnUag&feature=player_embedded

Serge Ibaka at work @ 2:04. This is one heck of a roster.

Now they can put both Marc and Pau on the floor at the same time. Serge Ibaka coming off the bench with Felipe Reyes.

M.Gasol
P.Gasol
R.Fernandez
JC Navarro
JM Calderon

S.Ibaka
F.Reyes/V.Claver
F.San Emeterio
Sergio Llull
Ricky Rubio/R.Lopez

VIVA ESPANA!

Too bad he couldn't play up to NBA level in a Lakers Uniform..

Hellcrooner
08-13-2011, 09:31 PM
17 tonight while trashing lithuania

LakersMaster24
08-13-2011, 09:36 PM
17 tonight while trashing lithuania

Crooner, can you hook us up with the full stat sheet?

Thanks!

Hellcrooner
08-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Crooner, can you hook us up with the full stat sheet?

Thanks!

havent found them yet.

i know pau led with 17 then ibaka had 12

mekedubs
08-13-2011, 11:08 PM
yeah until pau can prove he's still got it against the nba elite, this means nada

x2!! Couldn't agree with you more!!:clap:

Hellcrooner
08-15-2011, 09:10 PM
third game, well more like ajoke game, Spain 98 Bulgaria 59.
Pau took limited minutes since he was not needed and coach wanted to make some line up experiments.,

15 points still ( navarro was the max scorer with 19)

Hellcrooner
08-22-2011, 03:04 AM
19 points form pau to lead spain to a slovenia trashing 79-59

Marco22
08-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Go Pau Go Lakers!

championships
08-29-2011, 09:50 PM
I really hope he is back to form. Lakers will need him to be if they want to be considered contenders next time there is a season.