PDA

View Full Version : Pacers in the Playoffs?

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 12:39 PM
What do you think?

RZZZA
08-10-2011, 12:53 PM
think about what? They made the playoffs last season and they've only gotten stronger since then. I figure they might make the 7th seed next season.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 12:54 PM
ya probably

i really like the george hill pick up.

RZZZA
08-10-2011, 12:56 PM
what worries me is the progress of Paul George. He's like a more athletic, younger version of Keith Bogans, only without being good from 3.

A defensive SG might not be the greatest thing, I wonder how much he can work on his offense and maybe develop a jump shot.

sep11ie
08-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Pacer's forum?

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 01:00 PM
I want to c what other people think

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 01:02 PM
what worries me is the progress of Paul George. He's like a more athletic, younger version of Keith Bogans, only without being good from 3.

A defensive SG might not be the greatest thing, I wonder how much he can work on his offense and maybe develop a jump shot.

they also have dahntay jones, another defensive wing player. they have alot of wings.

GeekInThePink
08-10-2011, 01:03 PM
7th-8th seed, first round elimination.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Pacers have a nice future a head of them .. the team just needs some time to grow together.

collison, george hill, paul george, granger, hibbert, phyco t, dahntay jones

wjmoffatt
08-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Hate the George Hill trade, Leonard is going to be a beast! With that said I love with how this team has been operating. Roy Hibbert is easily a top 3 or 4 Center, Hansborough and McRoberts are hard workers, along with Jeff Foster. Paul George is showing a lot of promise. Darron Colleson is a great young guard that doesn't bow down to anyone, look at the Bulls playoff series. Now if they could only trade Danny Granger for a good 2 or 4 they would be set, I think they would take over the Atlanta Hawks as the TEAM that's the best in the East. (Emphasizes on TEAM, not Superstars!)

Crackadalic
08-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Don't they have the most capspace this offseason then any other team? If they can sign a David west or a Nene to play along side Hibbert they can be really good

RZZZA
08-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Hate the George Hill trade, Leonard is going to be a beast! With that said I love with how this team has been operating. Roy Hibbert is easily a top 3 or 4 Center, Hansborough and McRoberts are hard workers, along with Jeff Foster. Paul George is showing a lot of promise. Darron Colleson is a great young guard that doesn't bow down to anyone, look at the Bulls playoff series. Now if they could only trade Danny Granger for a good 2 or 4 they would be set, I think they would take over the Atlanta Hawks as the TEAM that's the best in the East. (Emphasizes on TEAM, not Superstars!)

:speechless:

lol, no.

The Pacers have one legit scoring threat: Danny Granger. Everyone else on that team is just a role player. Maybe they need someone else on that team like Granger, someone dynamic, someone with a diverse skillset.

DR_1
08-10-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm a Bulls fan and despise the Pacers, but they will make it, maybe as high as 6, cause they have a great young core that is only improving.

theheatles
08-10-2011, 01:30 PM
yeah, i can see them being a 5-6 seed...they are only going to be better with the addition of george hill and their young guys getting playoff experience

Gators123
08-10-2011, 01:37 PM
No.

Obviously the Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Magic, Hawks, and Knicks will make it, and the last two spots will go to the 76ers and Nets.

A healthy Deron Williams and Lopez>>> The Pacers.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 01:53 PM
No.

Obviously the Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Magic, Hawks, and Knicks will make it, and the last two spots will go to the 76ers and Nets.

Umm no.. at least back up your statements. new jersey has a lot of work to do before d will even signs there. thats a team to be determind. the pacers have a nice core already in place and made the play offs last year.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 01:55 PM

no way bro.

AIRMAR72
08-10-2011, 01:58 PM

i agree ,furthermore the media just arent aware of it YET but hibbert WILL be a force IN this league dude is a dedicated to the game and hes hardworking and committed he will be the new face for the PACERS franches

juno10
08-10-2011, 02:01 PM
they'll win around 35 games like they've done for the past 5 or so seasons maybe that'll be enough to make the playoffs on the east it was this year.

MVP20
08-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Anything less than a playoff appearance would be an unsuccessful season for them, but I dont see them making it past the 1st round like last season.

Rego247
08-10-2011, 02:05 PM
7th-8th seed, first round elimination.

This.

Chill_Will_24
08-10-2011, 02:07 PM
No.

Amen brother. Not saying the Nets will go anywhere once they get there but Deron Williams consistently took a bunch of scrubs in Utah to the playoffs and the finals once. Brook Lopez will be an all star next year thanks to Deron and the Nets will make the playoffs.

IF theres a season...

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Juno10

Why the **** do you have Kyrie Irving in your sig. He is on the god damn Cavs

Chill_Will_24
08-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Umm no.. at least back up your statements. new jersey has a lot of work to do before d will even signs there. thats a team to be determind. the pacers have a nice core already in place and made the play offs last year.

DWill is a FA in 2012 so if there is a season the Nets will make the playoffs. Unless your suggesting that Deron will quit on them and not ply his best in anticipation of FA or you think that the Nets will trade him which is unlikely after everything they went thru to get him.

Will he stay? idk but do you know who the **** Deron Williams is??? ppl are seriously underestimating how good that guy is and what he can do for a team. He turns marginal players into all stars.

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 02:17 PM
i dont get y dwill wanted to leave utah if he was planning to leave in free agency anyway

Chill_Will_24
08-10-2011, 02:27 PM
i dont get y dwill wanted to leave utah if he was planning to leave in free agency anyway

He didnt want to be traded. The Utah Jazz just did what they are notoriously known for... being smart. I respect that franchise so much. They wanted to avoid a Melo like drama.. they saw they crazy package NJ was offering DEN so they took advantage of the situation and traded a player they would probably not be able to resign. They walked out with Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Devin Harris, and a potential lottery pick in a stacked and deep draft in 2012.

RZZZA
08-10-2011, 02:27 PM
i agree ,furthermore the media just arent aware of it YET but hibbert WILL be a force IN this league dude is a dedicated to the game and hes hardworking and committed he will be the new face for the PACERS franches

I don't know if you realize this but Roy Hibbert is inefficient. He's inefficient for a GUARD, and he's ridiculously, grossly inefficient for a Center. 50% Ts% for a center is baaaad. It's bad for any NBA player but for a center its really bad.

PacersForLife
08-10-2011, 02:42 PM
No.

Ha :clap:.... you would be one of the few people to say no. Its obvious the Pacers are on the up-rise, do you really not see how much young talent is on this team? They will only get better, sure they barely made it in this year, but next year the whole starting lineup will probably improve in production, especially with the addition of a PF in free agency. George Hill will probably be in the running for 6th man of the year, he will play a more dominant role than he did with the Spurs. You know that list that was posted on here not too long ago about ranking the teams on their future or whatever? There is a reason your Pistons were dead last and the Pacers were 10th. Plus the coaching staff may be one of the top ones in the league. So keep on hating, you'll see whenever the NBA is back..

juno10
08-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Ha :clap:.... you would be one of the few people to say no. Its obvious the Pacers are on the up-rise, do you really not see how much young talent is on this team? They will only get better, sure they barely made it in this year, but next year the whole starting lineup will probably improve in production, especially with the addition of a PF in free agency. George Hill will probably be in the running for 6th man of the year, he will play a more dominant role than he did with the Spurs. You know that list that was posted on here not too long ago about ranking the teams on their future or whatever? There is a reason your Pistons were dead last and the Pacers were 10th. Plus the coaching staff may be one of the top ones in the league. So keep on hating, you'll see whenever the NBA is back..

i much rather have austin daye,brandon knight,stuckey,and greg monroe than what ever the pacers have.

PacersForLife
08-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Deron Williams is a good player, we all know that, but he can't carry the Nets by himself even if he has Brooke Lopez to help him. The Nets will be better next year, but not better than the Pacers. The Pacers are a complete team, especially with the addition of a solid PF this offseason and maybe a trade or two and we could be as high as the 5th seed next season, I think most Pacers fans would agree. That might just be us being homers, but we all think this team is going to be special....

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 02:53 PM
:clap:

PacersForLife
08-10-2011, 02:54 PM
i much rather have austin daye,brandon knight,stuckey,and greg monroe than what ever the pacers have.

Really?.... You don't even deserve to have an opinion if thats what your going to say... You're a fan of the Raptors with a picture of Kyle Irving as your sig, and you go and say something like that? Some people on here just like to say stupid things for the sake of it I guess, because if you're serious the Raptors fans' view of talent will have them being bottom feeders for years to come. :laugh:

Gators123
08-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Aren't you the same guy that said Paul George will be better than prime T-Mac?

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Raptors fans and Pacers fans love to fight. Cant they just let us be excited for our team on the rise. They are stuborn cuz they are in rebuilding which we just finished. They have nothing to back them up with. Rap fans prepare for a helluva a ride cuz its not fun

PacersForLife
08-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Aren't you the same guy that said Paul George will be better than prime T-Mac?

I'm not starting that again... I never said those words.. you think I did for some reason, but I didn't. I said he could be as good, but whatever.. anyways. Aren't you the same guy who thinks the Pistons have a better roster than the Pacers? :facepalm:

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 03:01 PM
gator could u be a little more creative with ur sig :)

Gators123
^ :laugh2: I said I think the Nets will make the playoffs over the Pacers, why are you so mad? I didn't "hate" on the Pacers. Calm down, kid.

juno10
Really?.... You don't even deserve to have an opinion if thats what your going to say... You're a fan of the Raptors with a picture of Kyle Irving as your sig, and you go and say something like that? Some people on here just like to say stupid things for the sake of it I guess, because if you're serious the Raptors fans' view of talent will have them being bottom feeders for years to come. :laugh:

i rather be a bottom feeder that has a chance to draft a superstar in the draft than be a perennial 35 win team that will either get a low draft pick or a quick first round exit.

anyways if you look at it the pistons have the better young core knight has more potential than collision and could already be better at this point, monroe has all star potential can't say that for anyone on the pacers not including granger. paul george is going to be just a really good role player i don't know why you guys act like hes going to be some superstar did you see his ball handling skills pathetic . roy hibbert is an inefficient big man kind of sad since most of his shots are really close to the rim.

Gators123
08-10-2011, 03:03 PM
gator could u be a little more creative with ur sig :)

Why did you start this thread if your going to be mad if somebody answers no?

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 03:05 PM
^im just going to say this. if i was an NBA player in the player in the draft theres no way hell i would want to play in toronto. thats why no big FAs would want to go there or stay. aka Carter, Bosh, Tmac.

Indy isnt a better city it just has a better basketball history

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Why did you start this thread if your going to be mad if somebody answers no?

i dont care if u say no. i was just kiding about ur sig. mine isnt much better :)

Gators123
08-10-2011, 03:07 PM
i dont care if u say no. i was just kiding about ur sig. mine isnt much better :)

Oh, I can't see sigs anyways because I turned them off.

juno10
08-10-2011, 03:08 PM
^im just going to say this. if i was an NBA player in the player in the draft theres no way hell i would want to play in toronto. thats why no big FAs would want to go there or stay. aka Carter, Bosh, Tmac.

lol indy is a dump whens the last time you guys singed a major free agent you think nba players care about basketball history more than a cool city they can have fun in? we signed hedo who was the biggest FA in 2009 and jarret jack who left that indy for toronto. and atleast toronto is a big market that can afford the big free agents. you think indy is gonna go over the tax for your team? you guys will have a continuous rebuild cycle.

PacersForLife
08-10-2011, 03:12 PM
i rather be a bottom feeder that has a chance to draft a superstar in the draft than be a perennial 35 win team that will either get a low draft pick or a quick first round exit.

anyways if you look at it the pistons have the better young core knight has more potential than collision and could already be better at this point, monroe has all star potential can't say that for anyone on the pacers not including granger. paul george is going to be just a really good role player i don't know why you guys act like hes going to be some superstar did you see his ball handling skills pathetic . roy hibbert is an inefficient big man kind of sad since most of his shots are really close to the rim.

If you look at it the Pistons do not have a better core actually, thats if you look at it, which you obviously haven't. Your excuse for saying Paul George won't be good is pathetic, his ball handling skills aren't that bad and he is only 21 years old and had a decent rookie year with a lot of highlight material to go along with it. Go ahead and look his highlights if you don't believe me. He will only get better, because he loves the game and is a student of the game and a hard worker. The Pacers are actually not a perennial 35 win team if you look at their history they have been a perennial playoff team. Are you really gonna go and make assumptions about Brandon Knight being some kind of savior when he hasn't played a single game. You might wanna read what your typing it before you go and post it lol...

PacersForLife
08-10-2011, 03:17 PM
lol indy is a dump whens the last time you guys singed a major free agent you think nba players care about basketball history more than a cool city they can have fun in? we signed hedo who was the biggest FA in 2009 and jarret jack who left that indy for toronto. and atleast toronto is a big market that can afford the big free agents. you think indy is gonna go over the tax for your team? you guys will have a continuous rebuild cycle.

Have you ever been to Indy...? Most players have never been here then they play here and want to stay here after they retire.. there is a reason Reggie Miller stayed here his whole career and loved the city.

juno10
08-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Have you ever been to Indy...? Most players have never been here then they play here and want to stay here after they retire.. there is a reason Reggie Miller stayed here his whole career and loved the city.

reggie was always tempted to leave for a bigger market he said it multiple times he was just very loyal.

Vincent33
08-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Sure. They were last year and they could be when the 12-13 season begins. They have a nice group of talent over there.

LakersMaster24
08-10-2011, 03:22 PM
If they can get a quality power forward in the off-season (Carl Landry for example) I can see them making some noise in the playoffs.

Hibbert
Landry
Granger
George
Collison

6th man Hill? not that bad you know?

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno10
reggie was always tempted to leave for a bigger market he said it multiple times he was just very loyal.

Why the hell do you think he was loyal

PacersForLife
08-10-2011, 03:26 PM
If they can get a quality power forward in the off-season (Carl Landry for example) I can see them making some noise in the playoffs.

Hibbert
Landry
Granger
George
Collison

6th man Hill? not that bad you know?

Exactly, try telling some of these Pistons and Raptors fans that. Don't forget the coaching staff either we've got your guy Brian Shaw as the top assistant next to Vogel.

sep11ie
08-10-2011, 03:27 PM
No.

A healthy Willams and Lopez is better than Collison, Granger, George, and Hibbert? Doubt it.

TO Rapz
08-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Exactly, try telling some of these Pistons and Raptors fans that. Don't forget the coaching staff either we've got your guy Brian Shaw as the top assistant next to Vogel.

Im a Raptor fan..and I think you ll be a playoff team next year..
Granger, Collison, George, Hibbert is a nice young group of players, and Hill should make you better. Logically, you guys should make it since you did this year, we ll see what happens though, crazier things have happened in the NBA.

Knick Killer
08-10-2011, 03:41 PM
they'll win around 35 games like they've done for the past 5 or so seasons maybe that'll be enough to make the playoffs on the east it was this year.
Here is the reason why you are wrong:

2007-08 J. O'Brien (36-46)
2008-09 J. O'Brien (36-46)
2009-10 J. O'Brien (32-50)
2010-11 J. O'Brien (17-27), F. Vogel (20-18)

Thanks God, J. O'Brien gone!
With Frank Vogel, of course the answer is: YES!

Rego247
08-10-2011, 03:52 PM

I don't see how you can be so dismissive of the Pistons core of players. If you don't think Greg Monroe is a good player who has stud potential than you really are stupid.

Raptors fans know our team is ****, but you guys seem to live a bubble where you think you'll contenders for years to come. LOL.

You snuck into the playoffs last year in a weak Eastern Conferece, Congrats.
You made the Bulls sweat a bit in a series, Congrats.
All of a sudden you guys are talking ****. Try advancing past the 1st round then talk.

TO Rapz
08-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I don't see how you can be so dismissive of the Pistons core of players. If you don't think Greg Monroe is a good player who has stud potential than you really are stupid.

Raptors fans know our team is ****, but you guys seem to live a bubble where you think you'll contenders for years to come. LOL.

All of a sudden you guys are talking ****. Try advancing past the 1st round then talk.

This too...as a Raptor fan, I can admit that we re garbage right now, but I cant stand when a team squeaks in...and doesnt pull the upset. I dont care if you made Chicago a bit nervous, they took the series, bottom line. If you guys took out Chicago, I d respect your team more..but you cant just on and talk **** about other teams.

kdspurman
08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Amen brother. Not saying the Nets will go anywhere once they get there but Deron Williams consistently took a bunch of scrubs in Utah to the playoffs and the finals once. Brook Lopez will be an all star next year thanks to Deron and the Nets will make the playoffs.

IF theres a season...

Agreed I think the nets can make the 8th spot.. But he never brought Utah to the finals... only the wcf in 07 i believe

DR_1
08-10-2011, 04:08 PM

IF theres a season...

:laugh:

PacersForLife
08-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Touche sir, I'm glad you know everything. Greg Monroe is a good player, who knows how good Knight will be I know he is a good player obviously to be picked in the lotto you need to have some talent, but then you look at the rest of the Pistons roster.... Not much to look at if you ask me.
The whole thing about the Raptors was mainly directed towards that guy with the Kyrie Irving picture, no disrespect to Toronto or its fans I don't have anything against them.
Lastly, we don't think the Pacers are going to be good because of what they did last year its because of the way they did it. Before Jim O'brien got fired most of us didn't have much faith in us even making the playoffs last year, we probably wouldn't have to be honest. We were just excited to see the team back where it belongs, in the playoffs. Nobody expected the Pacers go give the Bulls any kind of problems (cough, the number one seed in the East) sorry bout that... then they went right into Chicago and showed that they had nothing to lose and weren't backing down to the Bulls and could have easily won that game. They eventually got a win that nobody thought they would get. They did all these things with a coach who had to come in past halfway through the season and didn't have time to really establish the team the way he wanted to, Vogel was always talking about smash mouth basketball and we all believed it and it worked. The players and fans bought into it. Now Vogel will finally get the interim tag removed and a few solid assistant coaches including Brian Shaw who has gotten high praise all over Laker Nation. We traded for George Hill, Greg Popovich's favorite player and the Spurs have a lot of guys he could have chosen over him (Tim Duncan) for example. Hill will play more and be allowed free reign because he will be the best guy on the court with our second unit and be our Jason Terry type guy. This is, plus the fact that our whole starting five has a lot of potential, they are all young except for Granger and he is the best one of the group. We have so much salary cap space whenever free agency starts, and we will use it wisely. Yeah I just typed all that... This is why we believe the Pacers won't just be some 8th seed over and over again, or grinding it out toward the end of the season just to make it, its because Jim O'Brien is gone and we are out of the salary cap hell we were in for the past 4-5 years....

Cal827
08-10-2011, 04:22 PM
They'll probably be beaten in the first round again, but the future looks bright for them.

Sadds The Gr8
08-10-2011, 04:30 PM

this. I've seen these 2 guys make ridiculous claims time and time over. They get the 8th spot in the East despite being 8 games under .500. That's like a kid in a preschool class saying that his piss smells better than the other kids' piss. it's still piss regardless.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 05:13 PM

ok im a raptor fan. i posted in your thread with out hating on your team and look at you go now. so whats the point of even trying to take your thread serious ?

here are the largest cities in north america.

1. Mexico city
2. New York
3. L.A
4. Toronto 5.4 million in the gta.

if toronto was in the states it would be the the third biggest and most populated metropolitan city in your country and one of the biggest markets as well.

I'm not nocking indianapolis but with a population of 933,004 the city is no where near comparable to Toronto. its like trying to compare Buffalo to NewYork it doesnt make any sence.

Indiana could be a better basket ball "state" but that is not not a big acomplishment. every team in the league basically has more basket ball history then the raps.

players like vince carter and tmac never actually acomplished anything in theyre careers. as raptor fans we should care less if they left. they both ate cap space on theyre respective teams while being injury prone players and basically amounted to nothing other then entertaining for a few years. they are not winners.

Chill_Will_24
08-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Agreed I think the nets can make the 8th spot.. But he never brought Utah to the finals... only the wcf in 07 i believe

Thats what i meant.. sorry

Chill_Will_24
08-10-2011, 05:54 PM
:laugh:

You didnt watch the Nets play much obviously.. i dont blame you.. but Lopez is a lot better than ppl here think. Deron Williams made that bum Boozer into a beast in Utah. He will do the same with Lopez.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Thats what i meant.. sorry

that team was not full of scrubs at all.

d.will
boozer
ak47
okur
paul millsap
brewer
matt harpring
derek fisher
cj miles

at the time. this was a solid team.

Chill_Will_24
08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
that team was not full of scrubs at all.

d.will
boozer
ak47
okur
paul millsap
brewer
matt harpring
derek fisher
cj miles

at the time. this was a solid team.

Look how horrible Boozer is without Deron Williams and dont confuse what a great pg can do for a team. Yes that team was decent but its not much better than what CP3 has on his squad this year..

RZZZA
08-10-2011, 06:31 PM
pssst...Boozer is not horrible, he's actually a top 10 Pf in the league.

Chill_Will_24
08-10-2011, 06:32 PM
pssst...Boozer is not horrible, he's actually a top 10 Pf in the league.

:rolleyes:

RZZZA
08-10-2011, 06:34 PM
well, it's true. His shooting is above average, his efficiency is above average, his PER is above average, his rebounding has always been very good.

The only thing about him thats horrible is his defense

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Look how horrible Boozer is without Deron Williams and dont confuse what a great pg can do for a team. Yes that team was decent but its not much better than what CP3 has on his squad this year..

no no no.. what you said was dwill lead a bunch of scrubs to the finals. im gonna let it slide that you said finals and not wcf's but you also said his team was full of scrubs. not true. boozer now is very different then boozer in 07!! in 07 boozer was thought to be a top 5-10 powerforward. and he probably still is considered a top 10 pf but he has been fighting injuries all last season. in 07 ak47 and okur were considered good players. matt harpring was even considered a good player in 07. so was derik fisher. he was huge for that team at the time. paul millsap, cj miles, etc.. you cant look at players now and say that team sucked. it was 4 years ago.

and now your changing your comparison to what cp3 has on his team ? his team is even better then what the nets have. the nets are rebuilding and may have a nice team soon. but can you wait untill the roster is actually constructed because right now the nets are not what they are going to be in a year from now.

and earth to chillie willie brook lopez is one of the worst rebounding big starting big men in the league.

and last time i checked a roster doesnt consist of 2 players. dwill and lopez alone are not better then granger, hibbert, paul george, goerge hill, etc..

no disrespect chill will your a good dude. i just have a difference in opinion

im not hating on new jersey or d.will. yest d.will is a phenomenal talent, but to credit him for taking a team full of scrubs to the playoffs is more then just a stretch. his team at the time was nice. and you have to accept that.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Nets are going after Vets this offseason to please Deron, I dont know if Nets will have a better record than Indiana or what but they will make the playoffs. No way will Nets risk losing Deron they will make trades do whatever to get there. No way Nets dont win 35 games.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 06:52 PM
well, it's true. His shooting is above average, his efficiency is above average, his PER is above average, his rebounding has always been very good.

The only thing about him thats horrible is his defense

yup.

and brook lopez isnt much better. his rebounding numbers are just :facepalm:
i know because im a raptor fan and the only worst starting C in the league in terms of rebounding is bargnani.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2011, 06:52 PM
no no no.. what you said was dwill lead a bunch of scrubs to the finals. im gonna let it slide that you said finals and not wcf's but you also said his team was full of scrubs. not true. boozer now is very different then boozer in 07!! in 07 boozer was thought to be a top 5-10 powerforward. and he probably still is considered a top 10 pf but he has been fighting injuries all last season. in 07 ak47 and okur were considered good players. matt harpring was even considered a good player in 07. so was derik fisher. he was huge for that team at the time. paul millsap, cj miles, etc.. you cant look at players now and say that team sucked. it was 4 years ago.

and now your changing your comparison to what cp3 has on his team ? his team is even better then what the nets have. the nets are rebuilding and may have a nice team soon. but can you wait untill the roster is actually constructed because right now the nets are not what they are going to be in a year from now.

and earth to chillie willie brook lopez is one of the worst rebounding big starting big men in the league. and last time i checked a roster doesnt consist of 2 players. dwill and lopez alone are not better then granger, hibbert, paul george, goerge hill, etc..

im not hating on new jersey or d.will. yest d.will is a phenomenal talent, but to credit him for taking a team full of scrubs to the playoffs is more then just a stretch. his team at the time was nice. and you have to accept that.

Here we go again with that, he avg nearly 9 a game two years in a row and he dealed with injuries and a great rebounder next to him in Humphries.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Nets are going after Vets this offseason to please Deron, I dont know if Nets will have a better record than Indiana or what but they will make the playoffs. No way will Nets risk losing Deron they will make trades do whatever to get there. No way Nets dont win 35 games.

thats why im saying for nets fans to chill untill they see what the finished product will be. the nets can end up being deadly. we all know the owner wants to bring in talent. and we all know d.will wont stay unless some serious talent is brought in. we just have to wait and see what unfolds there. could be one of the bigger storylines of next season.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Here we go again with that, he avg nearly 9 a game two years in a row and he dealed with injuries and a great rebounder next to him in Humphries.

just saying the facts.

brook lopez
20.4 ppg, 6 rpg 2010-11 season. he played in all 82 games.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2011, 07:01 PM
just saying the facts.

brook lopez
20.4 ppg, 6 rpg 2010-11 season.

not denying it but rebounding isnt the only thing that makes a center.

MJ-BULLS
08-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I think it really all depends In the development of George. he played great against the Bulls in the playoffs. Showed great toughness on the defensive side. If he can improve offensively I think the Pacers can make the playoffs.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 07:35 PM
not denying it but rebounding isnt the only thing that makes a center.

It is vital that your starting C be a good rebounder. not saying that lopez cant improve though. he has the body and strength to be a good rebounder. just needs to work on it some more. the good news is he is still very young and has lots of time. i think he does have the potential to be a really good C.

Chill_Will_24
08-10-2011, 08:30 PM

and earth to chillie willie brook lopez is one of the worst rebounding big starting big men in the league.

and last time i checked a roster doesnt consist of 2 players. dwill and lopez alone are not better then granger, hibbert, paul george, goerge hill, etc..

Thats your opinion. the Utah Jazz that Deron took to the WCF was weak. Boozer was always overrated and a horrible defender. AK47 was overpaid and misutilized. The rest of them were mediocre.

I agree that Lopez needs to show more toughness down low and fight for more rebounds but he showed he can do it his first two years. Im not surprised his numbers fell so hard this year with everything he and NJ went thru. A coaching change, trade rumors, distractions and unmotivated players around him...

We will see next year wht he is really made of with Deron Williams leading the team

DoMeFavors
08-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Without Deron, Carlos Boozer and Okur never sniff the all star game.

RLundi
08-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Definitely. They're a good team. Bulls-Pacers series was fun to watch.

If Hansborough and George continue to improve and Collison takes control away from Granger and plays like he did in New Orleans, they could be the as high as the sixth seed.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Without Deron, Carlos Boozer and Okur never sniff the all star game.

so as an over all player how would you rate boozer on a scale from 1-10 because you making him sound like a 4 and d.will sound like a 20. boozer is really not that bad at all. he has been injured. i dont even like carlos boozer and im telling you this.

as for lopez. you say he was distracted ? so whats gonna happen this year when all that surounds the nets is d.will rumours ?? and further distractions in regards to the team being moved, trades going down, stadiums being built ? all that surounds the nets right now is distractions he better get use to it.

RZZZA
08-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Boozer went from a PER of around 20 with Deron to a PER of around 19 with Rose in his first year with Chicago.

people in here are making him sound like a dry hunk of crap, but pieces of crap don't usually have above average PERs.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Thats your opinion. the Utah Jazz that Deron took to the WCF was weak.
I agree that Lopez needs to show more toughness down low and fight for more rebounds but he showed he can do it his first two years. Im not surprised his numbers fell so hard this year with everything he and NJ went thru. A coaching change, trade rumors, distractions and unmotivated players around him...

We will see next year wht he is really made of with Deron Williams leading the team

so if dwill can lead tht weak team to the wcf's in 07 he should be able to do the same with the nets in the eastern conference too right ?

the nets need to get more help for d.will plain and simple. one guy cant make the TEAM

DoMeFavors
08-10-2011, 08:53 PM
so as an over all player how would you rate boozer on a scale from 1-10 because you making him sound like a 4 and d.will sound like a 20. boozer is really not that bad at all. he has been injured. i dont even like carlos boozer and im telling you this.

as for lopez. you say he was distracted ? so whats gonna happen this year when all that surounds the nets is d.will rumours ?? and further distractions in regards to the team being moved, trades going down, stadiums being built ? all that surounds the nets right now is distractions he better get use to it.

That wasnt me who said that

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Boozer went from a PER of around 20 with Deron to a PER of around 19 with Rose in his first year with Chicago.

people in here are making him sound like a dry hunk of crap, but pieces of crap don't usually have above average PERs.

He has no back up statements. you cant really take that serious. its like me saying lopez sucks. lopez is nothing with out d.will .. and having nothing to back that up.

no piont in debating. because when you do he will say oh he was distracted lol ... imagine we used that excuse for lebron ?? lol lebron was distracted :hide: hahahaha what kind of excuse is that.

nets fans need to chill. im really not bashing your team at all.

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 08:58 PM
That wasnt me who said that

i know it was chill will....

hey guys just so you know i hope the nets do get another star to play with d.will and he resigns with you guys. really i have nothing against your team.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2011, 09:08 PM
i know it was chill will....

hey guys just so you know i hope the nets do get another star to play with d.will and he resigns with you guys. really i have nothing against your team.

Dont get the impression that we feel that way about you, I thought you stated facts and didnt go out of your way to sound ignorant like others. And thank you I hope Toronto does well because I am part Canadian.

RLundi
08-10-2011, 09:08 PM

He went from a PER of 21.3 to 18.8. That's a pretty significant drop-off. He performed worse in nearly every single statistical category from his previous season, while having a higher usage rate- the highest of his career in fact.

He's not a piece of crap. He just had a very underwhelming season.

juno10
08-10-2011, 09:09 PM
brook has been averaging 8 or more boards a game two yrs in a row than out of no where he turned into bargnani on the glass i think it was because he lost a lot of weight over the summer because he was sick or something.

RZZZA
08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
He went from a PER of 21.3 to 18.8. That's a pretty significant drop-off. He performed worse in nearly every single statistical category from his previous season, while having a higher usage rate- the highest of his career in fact.

He's not a piece of crap. He just had a very underwhelming season.

ok but my point remains, a PER of 18.8 (we can round up, really) is still well above average.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2011, 09:20 PM
ok but my point remains, a PER of 18.8 (we can round up, really) is still well above average.

Boozer is good but with Deron he is better, those pick and rolls were basically a free basket for Boozer.

VCaintdead17
08-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Probably. It'll be a four team race for the 7 and 8 seed next year (or whenever the season starts up) between the Pacers, Sixers, Nets and Bucks. There are a lot of variables involved but assuming all of our players are healthy they should be able to at least nab the 8 seed. The stability on the Pacers coaching staff will work wonders for the young guys on our team.

Colts2180
08-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Wow we got Raps fans on here talkin crap, we got nets fans on here talkin crap. Thought this was about the Pacers lol? Nets got one good player. Lopez is a pansy. Nets wont make it anywhere near the playoffs. 76ers are over rated. Som1 said George will never be more than a role player, but yet talked about Irving who got drafted around the same spot in a much weaker draft. Theres a reason he dropped so far. George will be a star in this league and will also shutdown your best wing player. Hibbert will be closer to double double averages this year once he puts his weight back on that he lost to fit into a system of an idiot coach. Dc was completely misused by JOB and Tyler was hidden on the bench alot of the time because of him as well. Our players as of the last game they played was 23,20,27,25, and 24. You dont think they have serious room to grow? Then theres the guy that said the Pistons has a better core than us lolololol. Knight a unproven rookie who dropped in a weak draft and Monre who I do like. The rest of the roster is garbage and cap strapped with terrible players and terrible contracts. dont talk out your *** without having some sort of credible comment.

DoMeFavors
08-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow we got Raps fans on here talkin crap, we got nets fans on here talkin crap. Thought this was about the Pacers lol? Nets got one good player. Lopez is a pansy. Nets wont make it anywhere near the playoffs. 76ers are over rated. Som1 said George will never be more than a role player, but yet talked about Irving who got drafted around the same spot in a much weaker draft. Theres a reason he dropped so far. George will be a star in this league and will also shutdown your best wing player. Hibbert will be closer to double double averages this year once he puts his weight back on that he lost to fit into a system of an idiot coach. Dc was completely misused by JOB and Tyler was hidden on the bench alot of the time because of him as well. Our players as of the last game they played was 23,20,27,25, and 24. You dont think they have serious room to grow? Then theres the guy that said the Pistons has a better core than us lolololol. Knight a unproven rookie who dropped in a weak draft and Monre who I do like. The rest of the roster is garbage and cap strapped with terrible players and terrible contracts. dont talk out your *** without having some sort of credible comment.

You made some terrible points in your post, you are making every pacer out to be a top 10 player. Take it easy. And Yes Nets wont even get close to 35 wins.

Edit I would take the Pistons core over Pacers anyday because Pacers with this team never win a title, Pistons have nice pieces for the future.

Gators123
08-10-2011, 10:26 PM

LOL really? read your own post

How are the 76ers overrated?

BTW, The Pistons won 30 games with those "terrible" players. The Pacers won 36. Stop overrating the Pacers.

DR_1
08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
You didnt watch the Nets play much obviously.. i dont blame you.. but Lopez is a lot better than ppl here think. Deron Williams made that bum Boozer into a beast in Utah. He will do the same with Lopez.

A 20/10 player a bum???

Rego247
08-10-2011, 11:30 PM
ok im a raptor fan. i posted in your thread with out hating on your team and look at you go now. so whats the point of even trying to take your thread serious ?

1. Mexico city
2. New York
3. L.A

if toronto was in the states it would be the the third biggest and most populated metropolitan city in your country and one of the biggest markets as well.

I'm not nocking indianapolis but with a population of 933,004 the city is no where near comparable to Toronto. its like trying to compare Buffalo to NewYork it doesnt make any sence.

Indiana could be a better basket ball "state" but that is not not a big acomplishment. every team in the league basically has more basket ball history then the raps.

players like vince carter and tmac never actually acomplished anything in theyre careers. as raptor fans we should care less if they left. they both ate cap space on theyre respective teams while being injury prone players and basically amounted to nothing other then entertaining for a few years. they are not winners.

Don't even bother man.

LOL really? read your own post

How are the 76ers overrated?

BTW, The Pistons won 30 games with those "terrible" players. The Pacers won 36. Stop overrating the Pacers.

x10000

ty_smitty21
08-10-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm not trying to overhype my team... but the only way the Pacers DON'T make the playoffs is if they face huge injuries. Jim O'Brien was not good for this group of guys.. they got rid of him... they got playoff experience... and have added George Hill. They have a ton of cap space and will be able to bring in some more players once the lockout is over. Collison has a full year as a starting PG under his belt... Psycho T has a full year in the NBA under his belt.. Hibbert isn't the best center in the world, but he improves every single year... they have a better overall coaching staff... Paul George will improve...

I predict the Pacers make another solid move or two once the lock-out is over, and they will be the 5 seed next season... and they'll be one year away from being serious threats... especially when they lure Eric Gordon back home the following year. :)

PacersForLife
08-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Don't even bother man.

x10000

Ok as a Pacer fan I get that we weren't anything special last year throughout the whole regular season. We were just an average team, not much better than the Pistons that you guys talk so highly of because they have two decent players and one of them dropped in a weak draft class and hasn't even played an NBA game yet, but somehow the Pistons have such a "bright future" because of those two players alone, at least we have 5 guys who have made somewhat of a name for themselves in our starting five, but anyways... We weren't expected to make the playoffs last year and there were so many things wrong with the way our roster and coaching did not fit each other at all. O'Brien wanted a run and gun offense while what we had were really more of halfcourt type players, like Roy Hibbert, Hansbrough, and Collison for example. O'Brien didn't even let Hansbrough and George get much playing time at all. Then Vogel came in and insterted the two into the starting lineup and they thrived compared to when O'Brien was here. In fact Hansbrough had a 29 pt. game and a 30 pt. game back to back against the Knicks both times. George became known for his defense, and for those of you who don't know, he was actually known for his shooting in college so he does have an offensive game he just has to improve it. We challenged the Bulls when nobody thought we had a chance to even get within 15 points of them in any of those games. I mean lets think about it, who would have thought the Pacers would have beaten the 1 seeded Bulls before the playoffs started? The point is, us Pacer fans saw what this team was capable of when they were coached right, plus we added one solid piece already and should continue adding solid pieces when this stupid lockout is over. Keep thinking the Nets and Pistons will somehow be better than the Pacers because the nets have 1 maybe two players who are proven players and the Pistons don't actually have any "proven" players at all except for the vets that are all dried up now, Monroe is good, but hasn't really done anything extraordinary lets be honest. I don't wanna dog on other people's teams, but if you do it first and talk crap about my team I'm gonna stand up for them, anybody would do the same for their team...:phew:

DoMeFavors
08-11-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm not trying to overhype my team... but the only way the Pacers DON'T make the playoffs is if they face huge injuries. Jim O'Brien was not good for this group of guys.. they got rid of him... they got playoff experience... and have added George Hill. They have a ton of cap space and will be able to bring in some more players once the lockout is over. Collison has a full year as a starting PG under his belt... Psycho T has a full year in the NBA under his belt.. Hibbert isn't the best center in the world, but he improves every single year... they have a better overall coaching staff... Paul George will improve...

I predict the Pacers make another solid move or two once the lock-out is over, and they will be the 5 seed next season... and they'll be one year away from being serious threats... especially when they lure Eric Gordon back home the following year. :)

So what if the Pacers added George Hill he is a backup pg he isnt going to change anything.

PacersForLife
08-11-2011, 12:26 AM
So what if the Pacers added George Hill he is a backup pg he isnt going to change anything.

Yeah he won't do anything... besides provide a veteran leadership, bring more fans into the stadium, provide a huge scoring punch, be a sixth man of the year candidate, and more... but he won't change anything, nope. :facepalm:

P.S. He was only Greg Popovich's favorite player, one of the best coaches in the league who has coached David Robinson and Tim Duncan, but nah that doesn't mean anything to an up and coming team.

Rego247
08-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Ok as a Pacer fan I get that we weren't anything special last year throughout the whole regular season. We were just an average team, not much better than the Pistons that you guys talk so highly of because they have two decent players and one of them dropped in a weak draft class and hasn't even played an NBA game yet, but somehow the Pistons have such a "bright future" because of those two players alone, at least we have 5 guys who have made somewhat of a name for themselves in our starting five, but anyways... We weren't expected to make the playoffs last year and there were so many things wrong with the way our roster and coaching did not fit each other at all. O'Brien wanted a run and gun offense while what we had were really more of halfcourt type players, like Roy Hibbert, Hansbrough, and Collison for example. O'Brien didn't even let Hansbrough and George get much playing time at all. Then Vogel came in and insterted the two into the starting lineup and they thrived compared to when O'Brien was here. In fact Hansbrough had a 29 pt. game and a 30 pt. game back to back against the Knicks both times. George became known for his defense, and for those of you who don't know, he was actually known for his shooting in college so he does have an offensive game he just has to improve it. We challenged the Bulls when nobody thought we had a chance to even get within 15 points of them in any of those games. I mean lets think about it, who would have thought the Pacers would have beaten the 1 seeded Bulls before the playoffs started? The point is, us Pacer fans saw what this team was capable of when they were coached right, plus we added one solid piece already and should continue adding solid pieces when this stupid lockout is over. Keep thinking the Nets and Pistons will somehow be better than the Pacers because the nets have 1 maybe two players who are proven players and the Pistons don't actually have any "proven" players at all except for the vets that are all dried up now, Monroe is good, but hasn't really done anything extraordinary lets be honest. I don't wanna dog on other people's teams, but if you do it first and talk crap about my team I'm gonna stand up for them, anybody would do the same for their team...:phew:

How many of your pacers are so called "proven" players?

What has Darren Collison proved? What has Roy hibbert proved? What has Paul George proved? None of them have done anything "extraordinary", so we can play this game all night.

The difference between your bright future Pacers and those ****** Pistons last season was just 7 wins. Yes 7. Yet you call people stupid for thinking the Pistons have a good core. Fact is your Pacers haven't proven squat, just that you can make the playoffs in a weak eastern conference, that's it.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Yeah he won't do anything... besides provide a veteran leadership, bring more fans into the stadium, provide a huge scoring punch, be a sixth man of the year candidate, and more... but he won't change anything, nope. :facepalm:

P.S. He was only Greg Popovich's favorite player, one of the best coaches in the league who has coached David Robinson and Tim Duncan, but nah that doesn't mean anything to an up and coming team.

Are you talking about Jamal Crawford?
George Hill has been in the league 3 years, he was a backup pg with a bunch of vets around him dont really see him doing anything special. 10 pts a game and 2 assists is what I predict. So what if he was Gregs favorite player? He wasnt the best on the floor by any means. Stop overating your team. Pacers window right now is what it will be in 5 years. No stars = no titles.

Gators123
08-11-2011, 12:39 AM
I don't wanna dog on other people's teams, but if you do it first and talk crap about my team I'm gonna stand up for them, anybody would do the same for their team...:phew:

You took it a step further and started talking trash about the city of Toronto. You don't think that's going to piss people off?

PacersForLife
08-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Are you talking about Jamal Crawford?
George Hill has been in the league 3 years, he was a backup pg with a bunch of vets around him dont really see him doing anything special. 10 pts a game and 2 assists is what I predict. So what if he was Gregs favorite player? He wasnt the best on the floor by any means. Stop overating your team. Pacers window right now is what it will be in 5 years. No stars = no titles.

I don't mean to overrate my team, but its not like he won't change anything like you said. He will be very good though, he was stuck behind Manu and Tony Parker in San Antonio. He will get way more playing time and be allowed free reign as far as scoring goes and the way Vogel's system works.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2011, 12:49 AM
I don't mean to overrate my team, but its not like he won't change anything like you said. He will be very good though, he was stuck behind Manu and Tony Parker in San Antonio. He will get way more playing time and be allowed free reign as far as scoring goes and the way Vogel's system works.

Not saying he will be bad but hes not a game changer dont see him as a guy that can win games for people like Danny Granger can. I understand he is from Indiana which makes you like him even more but the guy is a young unproven player who has been in the league 3 years. Putting him on Pacers doesnt change the team at all it wont put them up games like I said. A player like Monte Ellis can change a team not a George Hill at this point in time.

PacersForLife
08-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Not saying he will be bad but hes not a game changer dont see him as a guy that can win games for people like Danny Granger can. I understand he is from Indiana which makes you like him even more but the guy is a young unproven player who has been in the league 3 years. Putting him on Pacers doesnt change the team at all it wont put them up games like I said. A player like Monte Ellis can change a team not a George Hill at this point in time.

George Hill is in some ways a poor man's Monte Ellis. Not nearly as offensively dominant, but a better professional. We needed someone who could backup PG and play the SG and we got it with him without having to spend 10 Mil on Crawford or trading Granger for a guy like Ellis. Its definitely gonna help the team and improve us overall.

VCaintdead17
08-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Monta Ellis is a terrible example. He's an inefficient piece of garbage. Why do you think the Warriors are never in reach of the playoffs?

VCaintdead17
08-11-2011, 01:13 AM
And technically speaking, George is actually worth slightly more win shares than Ellis, a stat that basically estimates the amount of wins a player contributed to a team. So in other words, George Hill is as much as a game changer as Monta Ellis is. And he blows him away in terms of WS/48

M.Bibby2.0
08-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Sure, the pacers can get a 7-8 seed in the playoffs next few years.. Not like its an impressive feat or anything though, particularly since theyre in the east where those seeds are weak first round eliminations. They have a few nice pieces but they need to make major moves to become legit playoff team. grangers health is an issue, and typically someone as tall as hibbert has injury issues down the road, not predicting anything great from the team in the near future.

kdspurman
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM
George Hill is in some ways a poor man's Monte Ellis. Not nearly as offensively dominant, but a better professional. We needed someone who could backup PG and play the SG and we got it with him without having to spend 10 Mil on Crawford or trading Granger for a guy like Ellis. Its definitely gonna help the team and improve us overall.

George Hill was also our best perimeter defender. Hes' long and can guard the 1-3 position. He is a very solid player, one that carried a big load when parker was out with injuries. Even had a 30 point game towards the end of the season vs Memphis. He will be a great addition. He's not a super star or even an all star for that matter. But he's a guy with a good head on his shoulders, the right attitude, and he's worked on his game so much. He worked on his 3 point shooting (you'll see him hitting that corner 3 time and time again mark my words) , and now he just needs to get out there and lead a young team. I have no doubts that he'll succeed. (i know i rambled on but i had to give the man props. i was sad to see him go for sure)

RLundi
08-11-2011, 12:39 PM

1. Mexico city
2. New York
3. L.A

I love Toronto, a gorgeous city but if it was in the U.S. it would be the 7th largest city by metropolitan area and the 8th largest in North America. On your list, you forgot Chicago, Dallas, Philly and Houston, all ahead of Toronto.

THE GIPPER
08-11-2011, 12:56 PM
toronto is bigger than dallas, philly and houston.

edit: my bad i thought you were reffering to the city itself and not the greater area.

beasted86
08-11-2011, 01:16 PM

George Hill is unproven?

Last I checked he proved he can be a very solid role player on a deep playoff team/contender.

beasted86
08-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Pacers aren't going to make the jump into perennial playoff team until Hibbert really breaks out of his foul proneness and becomes a game changer on a nightly basis. If he plays the way he played to start the year... through the FULL year, the Pacers will 100% certainly be in the playoffs.

Colts2180
08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
I never said the pacers players are all top 10. You putting words in my mouth to prove your point which is weak to say the least. Dc hasnt proved anything huh? Well hes only a 2 year player that has averaged over 12ppg and 5assist his first 2 seasons while going through 4 freaking coaches and 2 teams. How would you do with that kind of crap? George is unproven on the offensive side of the ball but he shut down the MVP of the league and made him work hard for his points and made him very inefficient when he was on him. Hibbert has shown flashes of being very very good. Hes just foul prone and and inconsistent. Mainly from losing 20-30lbs for JOB system that he will put back on. Hibberts 7'1, hows that going to cause him health issues? Hes not 7'6. How are the 76ers not overrated? They didnt have a single player average over 14ppg I think it was. Thats sad. They was terrible and then got hot. Thats the only reason they made the playoffs and it wont happen again next year. The pistons won 30 games in that "weak" eastern conference which is even more pathetic. The difference between us and them is, our whole team is pretty young and will only get better. Monroe will be good and get better. While Prince will prolly leave. And Rip is terrible now and no1 will give them a broken mop for him. Knight may be good but hes no more talented than George for starters and he was in a much weaker draft. We will get better and better. We actually have a star in Granger, Pistons have none. We have young players around him, Pistons have 2 that may be good. We have 4 or 5. Hell your players stage walkouts at shoot-around. Not even your own players want to play for that pathetic team so stop running your mouths.

Colts2180
08-11-2011, 02:01 PM
You made some terrible points in your post, you are making every pacer out to be a top 10 player. Take it easy. And Yes Nets wont even get close to 35 wins.

Edit I would take the Pistons core over Pacers anyday because Pacers with this team never win a title, Pistons have nice pieces for the future.

How the hell do you know we cant win a title with our core? Especially since we have 30mil in cap space. How much cap do the pistons have? They have 2 players for the future while we have 5. Hmm yeah I wouldnt want that either. A allstar already, and 3 guys that can very possibly make the all star team themselves. I made terrible points in my post huh. Explain how exactly? Or are you just throwing out insults to make yourself feel better because you dont have a real argument.

llemon
08-11-2011, 02:50 PM
A 20/10 player a bum???

It happens.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2011, 02:50 PM

How the hell do you know we cant win a title with our core? Especially since we have 30mil in cap space. How much cap do the pistons have? They have 2 players for the future while we have 5. Hmm yeah I wouldnt want that either. A allstar already, and 3 guys that can very possibly make the all star team themselves. I made terrible points in my post huh. Explain how exactly? Or are you just throwing out insults to make yourself feel better because you dont have a real argument.

30 million in cap space but who is going to go there? No stars will go there so decent players you will have to overpay. Carl Landry is who I can see Pacers getting and to be honest that isnt a great lineup. With teams like Heat, Knicks, Orlando, Hawks, Bulls in the east good luck winning a title. I know because its your favorite team you support them but in reality without multiple stars with the league we have right now the Pacers arent winning anything. Pacers only won 36 games you are acting as if they won 50.

llemon
08-11-2011, 02:54 PM
They didnt have a single player average over 14ppg I think it was. Thats sad.

Your statement is what is sad.

PacersForLife
08-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Your statement is what is sad.

If we are going to talk about 76ers, they will honestly be lucky to have as good a year as they did last year. Don't get me wrong they are a good team, they will make the playoffs next year. They just don't have that go to guy... Iguodala looked to be that guy, I'll admit he is a better all around player than Danny Granger, but Danny is a better scorer and the 76ers really don't have that kind of player. Evan Turner obviously didn't have as much of an impact as was expected with he 2nd overall pick. Elton Brand will only get older, Jrue Holiday is promising, they don't really have a true center. If they keep the same roster they will probably have a similar season as last year.

llemon
08-11-2011, 04:00 PM
If we are going to talk about 76ers, they will honestly be lucky to have as good a year as they did last year. Don't get me wrong they are a good team, they will make the playoffs next year. They just don't have that go to guy... Iguodala looked to be that guy, I'll admit he is a better all around player than Danny Granger, but Danny is a better scorer and the 76ers really don't have that kind of player. Evan Turner obviously didn't have as much of an impact as was expected with he 2nd overall pick. Elton Brand will only get older, Jrue Holiday is promising, they don't really have a true center. If they keep the same roster they will probably have a similar season as last year.

Nice words.

But words are just words.

We'll see what the Sixers play like when they are back in action, as we will with the Pacers.

DoMeFavors
08-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Your talking so highly of the Pacers if they were in the western conference with their current team they would never get to the playoffs.

llemon
08-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Your talking so highly of the Pacers if they were in the western conference with their current team they would never get to the playoffs.

Didn't Sixers finish 4 games better than the Pacers?

Gators123
08-11-2011, 04:08 PM

:confused:

PacersForLife
08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Didn't Sixers finish 4 games better than the Pacers?

Yup. If you read some of my comments on this thread it will explain why my comment about the sixers makes sense..

PacersForLife
08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
:confused:

First thoughts?

smith&wesson
08-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Don't even bother man.

10-4 your the baus.

How many of your pacers are so called "proven" players?

What has Darren Collison proved? What has Roy hibbert proved? What has Paul George proved? None of them have done anything "extraordinary", so we can play this game all night.

The difference between your bright future Pacers and those ****** Pistons last season was just 7 wins. Yes 7. Yet you call people stupid for thinking the Pistons have a good core. Fact is your Pacers haven't proven squat, just that you can make the playoffs in a weak eastern conference, that's it.

and thats it /thread.

llemon
08-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Yup. If you read some of my comments on this thread it will explain why my comment about the sixers makes sense..

But you can only comment on the past.

You have no idea what will happen in the next NBA season.

But this PAST season, Sixers were 4 games better than the Pacers.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring?

stealth33
08-11-2011, 04:30 PM
The homerism and bashing between fanbases gets pretty old.

Yes the Pacers barely got into the playoffs last year, but there are 2 reasons it is very likely they are much much better this year:

1) They made the playoffs with a very young and unproven team. If any one of Paul George, Roy Hibbert, or Collison makes a large improvement in his game then the Pacers should be in the playoffs fairly comfortably. Out of those 3 I think George and Collison both have very good chances of showing drastic improvements this coming year...I cannot believe that someone compared Paul George to Keith Bogans. A very young and raw Gerald Wallace is probably a better comparison. He has a long way to go offensively....but he was a rookie and a young one at that. Hibbert is solid but I don't think he is going to make too much of a leap...maybe he will develop a bit more consistency though.

2) This current Pacers team is not a finished product. They have a lot of cap room to play with...and even if there isn't a Lebron James on the FA market...even signing Nene or West would make this team much stronger by providing a very solid starting PF and allowing Hansbrough to slide to the bench where he is an above average bench player as opposed to an average starter.

llemon
08-11-2011, 04:37 PM
The homerism and bashing between fanbases gets pretty old.

Yes the Pacers barely got into the playoffs last year, but there are 2 reasons it is very likely they are much much better this year:

1) They made the playoffs with a very young and unproven team. If any one of Paul George, Roy Hibbert, or Collison makes a large improvement in his game then the Pacers should be in the playoffs fairly comfortably. Out of those 3 I think George and Collison both have very good chances of showing drastic improvements this coming year...I cannot believe that someone compared Paul George to Keith Bogans. A very young and raw Gerald Wallace is probably a better comparison. He has a long way to go offensively....but he was a rookie and a young one at that. Hibbert is solid but I don't think he is going to make too much of a leap...maybe he will develop a bit more consistency though.

2) This current Pacers team is not a finished product. They have a lot of cap room to play with...and even if there isn't a Lebron James on the FA market...even signing Nene or West would make this team much stronger by providing a very solid starting PF and allowing Hansbrough to slide to the bench where he is an above average bench player as opposed to an average starter.

1) All conjecture

2) I don't believe that there are many NBA teams that are finished products at this particular moment in time.