PDA

View Full Version : W's: going to the playoffs?

lol, please
08-10-2011, 12:24 AM
W's: going to the playoffs our next season with Mark Jackson?
What are your thoughts W fans.

MVP20
08-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Not a Warriors fan but if there is a next season i think they can get the 8th seed if they keep Ellis. I really like MJs attitude and confidence he has w the team. Its a tough call but its very possible.

AIsixersFK
08-10-2011, 12:33 AM
not to be a dick, but why dont u make this thread after the lockout lifts and trades/free agency begins. it's really tough to say because not even he knows the full roster hes going to be working with

GhostfaceDrilla
08-10-2011, 12:34 AM
As long as Monta Ellis is the "star" of their team, they are not going anywhere.

OC Knights #11
08-10-2011, 12:39 AM
As long as Monta Ellis is the "star" of their team, they are not going anywhere.

More like, as long as the Warriors are in the Western Confrence they're not going any where.

MVP20
08-10-2011, 12:40 AM

Well they could go to playoffs w em. but will never hav a chance at championship w em leading there team. Id take Ellis on the Bucks right now. trade em for S jax and get jax back to GS where he jacked up plenty 3s lol

GhostfaceDrilla
08-10-2011, 12:40 AM
More like, as long as the Warriors are in the Western Confrence they're not going any where.

No. Players like Stephen Curry, Dorrell Wright, and Ekpe Udoh are very valuable. Ellis and Lee are not that great and are both tweeners.

Byronicle
08-10-2011, 12:46 AM
in the West? think of this, do you think they can honestly beat out Memphis for the last seed in the playoffs? definitely not, they cannot beat any of those top 8 WC teams

OC Knights #11
08-10-2011, 12:47 AM
No. Players like Stephen Curry, Dorrell Wright, and Ekpe Udoh are very valuable. Ellis and Lee are not that great and are both tweeners.

I stand corrected. Both L.A teams are better than Golden State in my opinion.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-10-2011, 12:49 AM
I stand corrected. Both L.A teams are better than Golden State in my opinion.

Udoh is the only defensive player on the team and he is a very good shot blocker. Wright has good size and even though his stats are inflated, he is a good scorer.

lol, please
08-10-2011, 12:52 AM
The Warriors now have a more accomplished staff, I think Mark Jackson will be successful in transforming the team into a defense orientated team, even with Ellis remaining. I do want Klay Thompson to see some time on the court with Curry though.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Why would you make a thread directed only towards W's fans... in the NBA forum? :confused:

brewboy288
08-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Who the hell are the "W's"?

beasted86
08-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Warriors will be in the playoffs, and will repeat the upset of #1 seeded Mavericks.

beasted86
08-10-2011, 01:25 AM
I love how people act like Ellis didn't play a vital role in the Warriors getting to the playoffs a few years.

From the way haters talk about this guy, you'd think he was a team cancer impeding an otherwise playoff worthy roster. SMH. If Ellis has too big a role because the rest of the team sucks at scoring, it's not his fault.

But last I checked he's their best scoring threat despite his average (not bad, just average) efficiency. Curry and/or David Lee can't be your #1 scorer... you will still lose, just lose worse than Ellis as the #1 scorer.

recap5
08-10-2011, 01:44 AM
If Ellis is traded I think Lee and Curry can easily pick up the scoring load.

asandhu23
08-10-2011, 01:52 AM
If Ellis is traded I think Lee and Curry can easily pick up the scoring load.

Curry can't. He is not quick enough or powerful enough to defeat defenders as a main option on the scoring end. Thing is both Ellis and Curry are undersized... Ellis is very fast and athletic but Curry isn't.

People seriously underrate Ellis' ability to draw defenses away from his team mates allowing them open shots at the perimeter.

beasted86
08-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Ellis just needs a more appropriate role. He's not preventing anyone from going anywhere.

iFYouSeekAmy
08-10-2011, 02:07 AM
WestCoastSportz should come in and enlighten us with a whole passage on how Ellis should be traded and why Curry should stay. Not to mention, he would also attach his creative but ridiculous trade ideas which would involve trading the whole roster besides Curry.

lol, please
08-10-2011, 02:33 AM
I think Ellis should stay and work with Curry.

TrueFan420
08-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Why would you make a thread directed only towards W's fans... in the NBA forum? :confused:

this

as a dubs fan... no. they have let me down time and time again and while i will always cheer for them i will wait to see them prove they can win before i get my hopes up.

GSW Hoops
08-10-2011, 11:45 AM
If they can stay healthy, yes.

Lloyd Christmas
08-10-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm guessing a few Warriors players will lead their respected China/Turkey/Greese/etc teams to the playoffs. As for the NBA there will be no season.

theheatles
08-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't bet on it...

smith&wesson
08-10-2011, 12:19 PM
mavs
lakers
thunder
grizzlies
spurs
blazers
nuggets
clippers
warriors
rockets
timberwolves
kings
jazz

they really can make it if they have a better record then 5 of these teams blazers, nuggets, clippers, rockets, timberwolves, kings & jazz

thats not impossible. the western conference isnt exactly what it use to be.

todu82
08-10-2011, 12:31 PM
No, they'll make it close but ultimately they miss the playoffs.

GoPacers33
08-10-2011, 12:38 PM
No

topdog
08-10-2011, 12:56 PM
I really don't like Jackson as a head coach. He's the biggest reason I see them missing the playoffs again.

Missing56&33
08-10-2011, 02:15 PM
I really don't like Jackson as a head coach. He's the biggest reason I see them missing the playoffs again.

He's a rookie head coach. He has no clue as to what he's getting into. He has a lot of insight to the game but he's going to realize that the game and the players have changed a lot from when he was playing and that's when hes' going to become frustrated......the Warriors are a run and gun type of team and MJ is a PG oriented style head coach......he's going to be teaching but they are not going to be listening. Not next season anyway.

Chill_Will_24
08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
If Derrick Rose can lead a team to the playoffs Monta Ellis can too. Ellis is so underrated

Swashcuff
08-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I love how people act like Ellis didn't play a vital role in the Warriors getting to the playoffs a few years.

From the way haters talk about this guy, you'd think he was a team cancer impeding an otherwise playoff worthy roster. SMH. If Ellis has too big a role because the rest of the team sucks at scoring, it's not his fault.

But last I checked he's their best scoring threat despite his average (not bad, just average) efficiency. Curry and/or David Lee can't be your #1 scorer... you will still lose, just lose worse than Ellis as the #1 scorer.

Ellis just needs a more appropriate role. He's not preventing anyone from going anywhere.

Very very well said and so true.

People tend to put Monta down as if he's the reason for the Warriors being in the position they are but this is a team game and until the Warriors can start to get it together and have roles set and clear for each player and said players finding their niche Monta cannot be the one to blame.

llemon
08-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Monta made the playoffs once, and averaged 8 points on 39% shooting in his two playoff series.

sf-fanatic
08-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Monta made the playoffs once, and averaged 8 points on 39% shooting in his two playoff series.

He's talking about getting the team to the playoffs, which he did when he had his best statistical year in the regular season.

llemon
08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
He's talking about getting the team to the playoffs, which he did when he had his best statistical year in the regular season.

Really? '06-'07 was Monta's best statistical season? By what measure?

marj987
08-12-2011, 09:50 PM

Disagree.
Al the warriors need are a couple of defensive players and they can make a push for a playoff spot.

NetsPaint
08-13-2011, 05:10 PM
It's interesting to think about, most people I've seen say they'd rather keep Curry than Ellis, probably because of age and potential, and I do understand it. Actually it might be better to keep Ellis between the two (hopefully they keep both). It's not like Ellis isn't young. Age gets too much hype a lot. By the time Curry is Ellis' age how do you know he'll be more valuable?

Only people who don't watch/pay attention to what Ellis did last season thinks he's a chucking ballhog. He ran the team well at PG. He's a good passer, exceptional scorer, athletic, and makes big shots.

Their backcourt could be nasty, they need to develop and have the right role for each of them. There's Warriors fans who said the offense needs to go through Lee more, maybe their right. Lee is a VERY talented offensive player. Aside from scoring and rebounding, he's a very good ball handler and passer. Not common with guys his size.

I don't know about Playoffs. I wouldn't count them out.

lol, please
08-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Disagree.
Al the warriors need are a couple of defensive players and they can make a push for a playoff spot.

agreed. I think we have an excellent shot this year.

llemon
08-14-2011, 10:50 PM
agreed. I think we have an excellent shot this year.

In that case, Good Luck

MTar786
08-14-2011, 11:38 PM
lakers
mavs
thunder
spurs
grizzlies
blazers
nuggets (we dont know whats happening with jr smith or nene)
Clippers
---
new orleans
golden state

* teams in bold are a lock for the playoffs imo

I guess golden state has a shot.. but i think its more of the clippers, nuggets and Hornets spots to lose more so than golden states spot to win

Sactown
08-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Don't forget about the Kings!!

likemystylez
08-15-2011, 01:26 AM
I'm guessing a few Warriors players will lead their respected China/Turkey/Greese/etc teams to the playoffs. As for the NBA there will be no season.

ever????.... he said the next season mark jackson coaches the warriors... which could be 2016-2017? do you think the nba will never start up again??

Crackadalic
08-15-2011, 02:00 AM
They could. Mavs,Lakers,Spurs,Thunder,Blazers and Memphis are locked. The last two are up for grabs IMO

sf-fanatic
08-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Really? '06-'07 was Monta's best statistical season? By what measure?

nvm i got the years mixed up 07-08 was his best year but u cant say he didnt contribute to the playoff push in 06-07

mttwlsn16
08-15-2011, 06:47 AM
mark jackson lol

mttwlsn16
08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
If Derrick Rose can lead a team to the playoffs Monta Ellis can too. Rose is so overrated

fixed

mttwlsn16
08-15-2011, 05:37 PM
lakers
mavs
thunder
spurs
grizzlies
blazers
nuggets (we dont know whats happening with jr smith or nene)
Clippers
---
new orleans
golden state

* teams in bold are a lock for the playoffs imo

clipps r a lock for next season

llemon
08-15-2011, 05:43 PM
nvm i got the years mixed up 07-08 was his best year but u cant say he didnt contribute to the playoff push in 06-07

Yes, basketball is a team sport.

ChaseHamels
08-15-2011, 06:02 PM
W's: going to the playoffs our next season with Mark Jackson?
What are your thoughts W fans.

I really hate you as a poster and probably as a human as well.