PDA

View Full Version : NFL Preseason Rankings

furmat60
08-09-2011, 08:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/0

They have us ranked at 19th. You guys agree?

ChosenReject
08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
19th is on the low side of where I would rank us. But nothing higher than 15. There still is a lot to prove after a 7-9 season.

Santana4Prez'08
08-09-2011, 09:12 PM
19th is on the low side of where I would rank us. But nothing higher than 15. There still is a lot to prove after a 7-9 season.

think of how much we've upgraded though. i feel that we're so underrated. how are we below the rams? we're a better team then them.

ChosenReject
08-09-2011, 09:16 PM
think of how much we've upgraded though. i feel that we're so underrated. how are we below the rams? we're a better team then them.

Oh, for sure. ESPN just loves St.Louis. Just look at how many St.Louis Cardinals games they show.

shen
08-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Remember ESPN claims we over achieved last year and that Matt is god.

FWBrodie
08-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I'd say it's an accurate and fair ranking. I mean on the one hand they have the stability of having the same head coach, they're building off of a successful season that ended with a ton of momentum, and they've added a lot of quality players. On the other hand anytime you combine so many new variables and give a new quarterback a shot to start there are going to be a lot of doubters and a lot has yet to be proven.

The 4 teams right above the Seahawks and even the Bears a bit further up could easily crash and burn, but they also either have decent talent or have more proven QB's. You could argue we deserve to be above Detroit or Houston, but they do both have a top 5 receiver and a superstar on their defense. The teams beneath us are either going through huge changes or coming off of bad seasons, so the Seahawks do deserve to be higher.

As far as where they rank among the NFC West, I'd say that's about the safest bet right now. Bradford has given no reason to believe he won't improve, and their defense is decent if not promising. Cardinals have lost some talent and looked bad at times last year, but there's plenty to dream on there with Kolb and Wells. I think they probably have a few more holes to fill on their roster though. The 49ers have proven for almost a decade how hard it is to win with a new coach (unless you're Pete Carroll), and they have a lot of instability with Gore being injury prone, Crabtree being crazy, and now being dependent on Braylon Edwards who was arrested again like last week. The average unbiased outsider would probably rank the division that way. No question all 4 teams have varying levels of division title upside though.

kyuss275
08-09-2011, 10:09 PM

Well i am not sure on the rams schedule, but i know the Hawks is tough. Our team is better this year, but our schedule is also harder, a lot harder. For us to go 8-8 we will need some upsets. I think we will go 7-9, but will play better football than last year. The following year we will have an easier schedule with somewhat the same team ( at least on O), which will produce better numbers. I just want to see steady improvement from the start of the year to the end of the year.

Boozerguy47
08-10-2011, 12:05 AM
For a preseason ranking it's fair. It's all riding on T-Jack. We go where he goes.

furmat60
08-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Just want to say that there is a poll on ESPN on who will win the NFC West. Over 28,000 votes, and we're ahead at 33%, with the 49ers sitting at 32%. The Rams are at 23% and the Cardinals are at 13%. Wow, holy ****.

ChosenReject
08-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Nice, gonna be a great year!

DuckHawk
08-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Oh, for sure. ESPN just loves St.Louis. Just look at how many St.Louis Cardinals games they show.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with the Cardinal games! :nod:

DuckHawk
08-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Well i am not sure on the rams schedule, but i know the Hawks is tough. Our team is better this year, but our schedule is also harder, a lot harder. For us to go 8-8 we will need some upsets. I think we will go 7-9, but will play better football than last year. The following year we will have an easier schedule with somewhat the same team ( at least on O), which will produce better numbers. I just want to see steady improvement from the start of the year to the end of the year.

This

Seattle4Ever
08-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Just start Portis :laugh2: **** itttttt.