PDA

View Full Version : #4 Center In the NBA? (Volume IV)

Mile High Champ
08-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last three years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. Its is now that time to vote! I would like to start this up once more considering the NBA season is now over and we can get to this discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 2 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

1) Dwight Howard
2) Andrew Bynum
3) Tim Duncan
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2010 Off-Season C Rankings

1) Dwight Howard
2) Yao Ming
3) Andrew Bogut
4) Brook Lopez
5) Andrew Bynum
6) Marc Gasol
7) Joakim Noah
8) Al Horford
9) Al Jefferson
10) Chris Kaman

2009 Off-Season C Rankings

1) Dwight Howard
2) Yao Ming
3) Al Jefferson
4) Shaquille O'Neal
5) Andrea Bargnani
6) Andris Biedrins
7) Emeka Okafor
8) Nene
9) Brook Lopez
10) Andrew Bynum

2008 Off-Season C Rankings:

1) Dwight Howard
2) Yao Ming
3) Al Jefferson
4) Andrew Bynum
5) Chris Kaman
6) Tyson Chandler
7) Shaquille O'Neal
8) Marcus Camby
9) Jermaine O'neal
10) Andrew Bogut

Mile High Champ
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
sorry for the delay, been away the last few days.

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Got to go with Brook Lopez, Bogut has the defensive edge but he misses so many games yearly. Out of all these centers Brook is the best in the post and on offense.

Avenged
08-09-2011, 01:59 PM
I like Al Horford here despite his playoff performance.

Sportfan
08-09-2011, 02:02 PM
WHOREford!!!!

beasted86
08-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Toss up between Horford & Bogut based on who is left.

The_Pharouh
08-09-2011, 02:14 PM
voting for Bogut for the 3rd time

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Lol at the people saying Horford the man avg like 12 pts a game on .423 shooting % for a center that is beyond awful.

beasted86
08-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Lol at the people saying Horford the man avg like 12 pts a game on .423 shooting % for a center that is beyond awful.

Try 55% regular season (way more than Brook). And his playoff matchups were against 3x DPOY Dwight Howard, and Joakim Noah.

You're not making much sense especially when saying that, then picking Lopez

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Try 55% regular season (way more than Brook). And his playoff matchups were against 3x DPOY Dwight Howard, and Joakim Noah.

You're not making much sense especially when saying that, then picking Lopez

Lopez is the better center, he was always doubled the entire season and had to score anyway. He didnt have Jamal Crawford, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith ex to help him. Horford most of the time had room to operate by himself.

Avenged
08-09-2011, 02:25 PM

15ppg on FG% of 55, FT% of 79, TS% of 58, and eFG% of 55.

ALL percentages being higher than Brook.

Khalifa21
08-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Well done for picking a 12 game sample... How about you try his entire career or last season?

53.6% for his career, 55.7% last season.

How about your boy Brook and his paltry 6 rebounds a game for a 7 foot center? No thanks...

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Oh and Horford played PF in the playoffs, Collins was starting center on at Hawks. Horford was on the winning team and put up those kind of numbers.

Khalifa21
08-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Went with Horford but can't go wrong with him or Bogut here.

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Well done for picking a 12 game sample... How about you try his entire career or last season?

53.6% for his career, 55.7% last season.

How about your boy Brook and his paltry 6 rebounds a game for a 7 foot center? No thanks...

Its not like rebounds werent getting pulled down, most of the Nets defense rebounds were pulled down by Humphries. I dont worry about stats because they dont show the team numbers. Humphries has one of the highest rebounding % in the league. Doesnt matter to me since the rebounds were being grabbed I dont care by who. Lopez did his job as being the best offense center in the league.

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Horford. And for the people (Brook Lopez fans) saying he is a PF, why was he not on the PF thread then? Are we not going to vote for him then? Also, why wasn't Lopez on the all-star team 2 years in a row? Oh yeah, because Horford was.

Swashcuff
08-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Horford or Bogut here.... I gave Horford the slight edge. Bogut's offensive inefficiency really hurt him last season.

pebloemer
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Bogut is better than both Horford and Lopex anyways... Bogut here.

I don't get how Bynum can go number 2 with his injury history, but Bogut falls so much because of his. I have Bogut since #2.

Swashcuff
08-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Horford. And for the people (Brook Lopez fans) saying he is a PF, why was he not on the PF thread then? Are we not going to vote for him then? Also, why wasn't Lopez on the all-star team 2 years in a row? Oh yeah, because Horford was.

How could you put a man who played primarily against Cs last season be a PF? Yea its his natural position but it would not be fair to match him up against them when he didn't even play against them for the most part last season. Horford is a natural PF playing the C position quite effectively.

GoPacers33
08-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by DoMeFavors

dude your just a homer

VCaintdead17
08-09-2011, 03:31 PM
dude your just a homer

You voted for Roy Hibbert....

Gators123
08-09-2011, 03:36 PM
you voted for roy hibbert....

lol

Federal Reserve
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
If Tim Duncan was put as a center, Amare should be in the voting poll as well.

Dade County
08-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I have voted for Bogut 3 times now...

kingkenny01
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
voting for Bogut for the 3rd time

I know amen

ewmania
08-09-2011, 03:59 PM
bogut is so underrated in this ... im still upset duncan was put in this catergory because he plays the 4 wayyyyy better than the 5

my vote is for bogut until he is put up

Evolution23
08-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Gota go with the difference maker, Tyson Chandler.

Swashcuff
08-09-2011, 04:15 PM
You voted for Roy Hibbert....

He's one of the biggest homers on here and will NEVER support his choice. He's been choosing Hibbert since #2.

cowboyz180
08-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Tyson Chandler gets my pick... he is more of a game changer than Horford or Bogut....

DwayneMVPwade
08-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Bogut

Hellcrooner
08-09-2011, 04:36 PM
people defiently was not watching the playoffs.

juno10
08-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Lopez is the better center, he was always doubled the entire season and had to score anyway. He didnt have Jamal Crawford, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith ex to help him. Horford most of the time had room to operate by himself.

he's a 7 feet 265 pound center who barley avgs six boards a game he shouldn't even be in the top 5 embarrassing...

Stack_NJNets
08-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Its not like rebounds werent getting pulled down, most of the Nets defense rebounds were pulled down by Humphries. I dont worry about stats because they dont show the team numbers. Humphries has one of the highest rebounding % in the league. Doesnt matter to me since the rebounds were being grabbed I dont care by who. Lopez did his job as being the best offense center in the league.

He was the best offensive center in the league.

Stack_NJNets
08-09-2011, 04:51 PM
he's a 7 feet 265 pound center who barley avgs six boards a game he shouldn't even be in the top 5 embarrassing...

Bargs was no better my friend

Jetsguy
08-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I picked Chandler but gave Bogut consideration as well.

My thinking was

Chandler
Bogut
Horford
Noah
Gasol

juno10
08-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Bargs was no better my friend

lopez is 100x better than bargnani wats your point i didn't even mention barfnani.

ChiSox219
08-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Bogut
Horford
Noah
Nene
Gasol
Jefferson
Gortat

TheRunKiller
08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
it shows you how weak the c position in the nba is when a guy with 1 leg is #2 and a PF is #3 :facepalm:

The_Pharouh
08-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Bogut
Horford
Noah
Nene
Gasol
Jefferson
Gortat

Gortat over Chandler,SMH

Chronz
08-09-2011, 05:44 PM

This is the same thing Knicks fans said about Eddy Curry a few years back, but because your a Nets fan I have more faith in your analysis. Partly because I find them to be more knowledgeable but also because you guys watched Jason Collins for years and saw how his boxing out skills allowed Jason Kidd and the team to rebound at a high level without him gobbling up all the stats.

I have Brook pegged as a poor rebounder both as an individual and a team rebounder but I could be mistaken.

ChiSox219
08-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Gortat over Chandler,SMH

Not a knock against Chandler, Gortat is a great player but since he got very little burn in Orlando, I think only PHX fans know how good he is.

DR_1
08-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Voted for Bogut twice already, my opinion hasn't changed.

DR_1
08-09-2011, 05:49 PM
He was the best offensive center in the league.

:laugh:

SteBO
08-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I've always liked Horford since college, so I pick him here. Can't go wrong with Andrew Bogut either.

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2011, 06:13 PM
I think it should go Bogut, Horford, and Noah in that order. And I'm a Hawks fan (I voted for Horford early in this thread), so giving no homer crap about Bogut before Horford.

Chill_Will_24
08-09-2011, 06:14 PM
:laugh:

Whats so funny?

Brook Lopez is the best and most versatile offensive C in the league.

GoPacers33
08-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Roy Hibbs

SteBO
08-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Roy Hibbs
Care to explain why?

Swashcuff
08-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Care to explain why?

Lol he never will.

It's his style he does the same thing in every single thread. He never has a reason for his opinion other than blatant homerism. Don't try to get an explanation out of him he will just ignore you.

SteBO
08-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Lol he never will.

It's his style he does the same thing in every single thread. He never has a reason for his opinion other than blatant homerism. Don't try to get an explanation out of him he will just ignore you.
Ok. It was worth a try though. :laugh2:

SteBO
08-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Also, to the people not providing insight while vouching for Brooke Lopez, I'll honestly take Nene over him. Nene isn't a great rebounder, but he averages more than Brooke, and is more efficient on offense.

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Also, to the people not providing insight while vouching for Brooke Lopez, I'll honestly take Nene over him. Nene isn't a great rebounder, but he averages more than Brooke, and is more efficient on offense.

Brook Lopez is so good on offense, I know a lot of people dont watch him play like Nets fans because they are never on espn or tnt but he is really good. He is unstoppable in the post. FOr the last 2 years the Nets have had basically no one that could take the double team off of him so he had to score and still put up 20 a game. No one on this list besides Duncan or Dwight would I trade Lopez for.

Bruno
08-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Have any of the Bogut people presented an argument in his favor? A statistical argument?

His 2011 production was extremely average and his efficiency was pathetic. He shouldn't be sniffing the top 5. Regular season PER of 16.7 on a pathetic TS% of .496. His WS/48 isn't flattering.

I don't think he'll recover fully from that serious injury. Again, I'd like to see the argument in his favor, because he sucked last season.

LTBaByyy
08-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Where do yall have Chandler???? He had an amazing year!!!! He was the only center being talked about other than D 12 or Bynum this year

He better not go past #5

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Have any of the Bogut people presented an argument in his favor? A statistical argument?

His 2011 production was extremely average and his efficiency was pathetic. He shouldn't be sniffing the top 5. Regular season PER of 16.7 on a pathetic TS% of .496. His WS/48 isn't flattering.

I don't think he'll recover fully from that serious injury. Again, I'd like to see the argument in his favor, because he sucked last season.

he gets blocks and rebounds he is overated.

SteBO
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM

You voted for Nene I see, so who would you put above Bogut? Al Horford? Just curious as to what your thoughts are on this.

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Last year Yahoo Sports put Brook Lopez as number 3 best Center in the leauge.
Many players have called Lopez one of the best in the league, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant, Shaq, Ron Artest.

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Where do yall have Chandler???? He had an amazing year!!!! He was the only center being talked about other than D 12 or Bynum this year

He better not go past #5

He is overated, I recall last year everyone calling him horrible and a bust. He had a decent year playing next to Dirk who commanded the most attention. Tyson Chandler on a team like the Cavaliers is nothing.

LTBaByyy
08-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Brook Lopez did not have a better year than Chandler!!!! Idk why we are even mentioning him until later

Horford
Chandler
Gasol
Nene
THEN Lopez

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Brook Lopez did not have a better year than Chandler!!!! Idk why we are even mentioning him until later

Horford
Chandler
Gasol
Nene
THEN Lopez

Why is Lopez is back of Chandler, Gasol and Nene? Makes no sense just because they were on better teams? Guess Dwayne Wade in 2008 shouldnt have been a top sg since he was on a bad team.

LTBaByyy
08-09-2011, 07:50 PM
He is overated, I recall last year everyone calling him horrible and a bust. He had a decent year playing next to Dirk who commanded the most attention. Tyson Chandler on a team like the Cavaliers is nothing.

Bahahaha put Brook Lopez on the Cavs and he is NOTHING.

He is just like Bargs. Score points and cant rebound or play defense.

Chandler is the 2nd best defensive center in the league. And not that bad on Offense if you watch him play! He doesnt just catch oops.

He was even voted 2nd or 3rd in DPOY voting by the league!!! Not PSD lol

Don't knock him for the year and playoffs he had

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Bahahaha put Brook Lopez on the Cavs and he is NOTHING.

He is just like Bargs. Score points and cant rebound or play defense.

Chandler is the 2nd best defensive center in the league.

He was even voted 2nd or 3rd in DPOY voting by the league!!! Not PSD lol

Don't knock him for the year and playoffs he had

Chandler was defensive 2nd team which is good but not great, you can talk about defense but what about offense. Chandler provides basically no offense has no post game, cant shoot, he is just atheltic. I dont believe Bargs ever avg nearly 9 rebounds a game. And you said Marc Gasol who had 11 and 7 is better than Lopez please explain that. Chandler was coming off the bench for the bobcats he in no way deserves 12 million a year. I am not knocking Chandlers playoffs he won a championship but does that mean Kendrick Perkins is a top 5 center? Does that mean Derek Fisher is a top 5 pg because of his defense and big shots in the championship last year? Come on your being a homer.

LTBaByyy
08-09-2011, 08:05 PM
He was voted 2nd or 3rd in DPOY of the year

Yes, he was on the Defense 2nd team bc you know why??? The DPOY is Dwight Howard which is at his position!!!

You have not seen Chandler play, he doesnt just catch oops.

He has a post game when he gets the ball!! Did you watch the playoffs????

And he has a mid range shot when he takes it.

His role is not to score on the team, the Mavs needed him to focus on stopping the other teams best post guy

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 08:07 PM
He was voted 2nd or 3rd in DPOY of the year

Yes, he was on the Defense 2nd team bc you know why??? The DPOY is Dwight Howard which is at his position!!!

You have not seen Chandler play, he doesnt just catch oops.

He has a post game when he gets the ball!! Did you watch the playoffs????

And he has a mid range shot when he takes it.

His role is not to score on the team, the Mavs needed him to focus on stopping the other teams best post guy

Ok if his role isnt to score or be one of the best players then simple he isnt a top 5 center. Jason Kidd and Chris Paul are great pgs who made CHandler look better than he is. Jason Kidd did it to former Net Mikki Moore guess he is a top 5 center at that time.

LTBaByyy
08-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Ok if his role isnt to score or be one of the best players then simple he isnt a top 5 center. Jason Kidd and Chris Paul are great pgs who made CHandler look better than he is. Jason Kidd did it to former Net Mikki Moore guess he is a top 5 center at that time.

Are we or are we not basing this poll on last year?

So Kidd made Chandler the player he is last year??

Please explain what he had to do with Chandler being the 2nd or 3rd best defensive PLAYER this past year? Not just center

I think you are looking at Highlights and not actually Chandler's game

Especially in the playoffs

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Are we or are we not basing this poll on last year?

So Kidd made Chandler the player he is last year??

Please explain what he had to do with Chandler being the 2nd or 3rd best defensive PLAYER this past year? Not just center

I think you are looking at Highlights and not actually Chandler's game

Especially in the playoffs

Why do you keep bringing up Chandlers defense? You have just talked about that for your past 4 posts. He is not better than Brook Lopez, Chandler has nothing but rebounding and open dunks and alleys in his way. Nothing else. Why dont they iso it for Chandler and see how well he can do, my bet is nothing close to what Lopez is able to do.

LTBaByyy
08-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Why do you keep bringing up Chandlers defense? You have just talked about that for your past 4 posts. He is not better than Brook Lopez, Chandler has nothing but rebounding and open dunks and alleys in his way. Nothing else. Why dont they iso it for Chandler and see how well he can do, my bet is nothing close to what Lopez is able to do.

You're a hyprocrate.

All you talk about is Lopez offense lol come on now.

Lopez to be honest is a PF

LTBaByyy
08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Howard
Bynum
Duncan
Horford
Chandler
Gasol
Bogut
Noah
Nene
Lopez

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Howard
BynumDuncan
Horford
Chandler
Gasol
Bogut
Noah
Nene
Lopez

You explained your reason for Chandler but explain why the bolded are better than Lopez.

Bravo95
08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
He didnt have Jamal Crawford, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith ex to help him
Anyone who has watched the Hawks' "offense" knows those players are almost a hindrance to Horford. He's being under-utilized and his coach is in over his head, but Horford is the most consistent player on the team.

JIDsanity
08-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Horford
Chandler
Gasol
Nene
THEN Lopez

This. Lopez should be ahead of them, but he did not play like it. At least not last season.

JIDsanity
08-09-2011, 09:15 PM
You're a hyprocrate.

All you talk about is Lopez offense lol come on now.

Lopez to be honest is a PF

Dont know about that. He has one of the best post games for a center in the NBA. Just because he can shoot, that doesn't make him a PF.

beasted86
08-09-2011, 09:26 PM

The Nets as a team weren't a good rebounding team (21st in rebound rate), due likely in part to Lopez stinking on the boards, so I can't buy that "the rebounds were grabbed I don't care by who".

Also the first 7 games Kris came off the bench in limited minutes, and Brook was still a terrible rebounder in that span (6.0 per game), and for the last 8 games of the season when Kris was injured and didn't play at all, guess how much Brook averaged in that span? EXACTLY 6.0 F-in' again. :laugh:

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 09:47 PM
The Nets as a team weren't a good rebounding team (21st in rebound rate), due likely in part to Lopez stinking on the boards, so I can't buy that "the rebounds were grabbed I don't care by who".

Also the first 7 games Kris came off the bench in limited minutes, and Brook was still a terrible rebounder in that span (6.0 per game), and for the last 8 games of the season when Kris was injured and didn't play at all, guess how much Brook averaged in that span? EXACTLY 6.0 F-in' again. :laugh:

Rebounding doesnt make or break you as a center and Lopez was dealing with sickness over last summer and a damaged nerve in his arm and still played all 82 games.

beasted86
08-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Rebounding doesnt make or break you as a center and Lopez was dealing with sickness over last summer and a damaged nerve in his arm and still played all 82 games.

I agree. Rebounding is only 1 aspect of the game, and Lopez is still one of the better Centers in the NBA IMO despite people bashing on him for a bad year in that category.

I just wish you didn't try to make your case for Lopez at the expense of Horford's playoff stats who is clearly better as far as most stats go through the whole regular season

NBA-GMaster
08-09-2011, 10:01 PM
id voted for Bogut and Horford will be no.5..

Chill_Will_24
08-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Except for 12 games with Deron Williams the defensive scouting report on the New Jersey Nets was always "Nobody on their team can score or shoot except Morrow so send multiple bodies at Brook and stay on Morrow." Brook was often double and sometimes triple teamed. He was their only consistent scoring threat so he often played loose on defense probably to avoid fouls cuz his team relies on him so heavily. He was always a bad rebounder but he averaged 8 his first two years so he CAN do it when motivated.

If anyone knows how cuz i dont, look up Brook Lopez stats post break. Even better look up the 12 games he played with Deron. Lopez has always just lacked motivation and who can blame him after the rough three years he has dealt with in NJ.

ChiSox219
08-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Except for 12 games with Deron Williams the defensive scouting report on the New Jersey Nets was always "Nobody on their team can score or shoot except Morrow so send multiple bodies at Brook and stay on Morrow." Brook was often double and sometimes triple teamed. He was their only consistent scoring threat so he often played loose on defense probably to avoid fouls cuz his team relies on him so heavily. He was always a bad rebounder but he averaged 8 his first two years so he CAN do it when motivated.

If anyone knows how cuz i dont, look up Brook Lopez stats post break. Even better look up the 12 games he played with Deron. Lopez has always just lacked motivation and who can blame him after the rough three years he has dealt with in NJ.

He also had the benefit of playing Toronto 3 times during that stretch with Deron, also MIN, GS, DET, CLE, WAS and of the 24 games with Deron only 11 came against playoff teams, 2 against NY (awful defense), 1 against IND and PHI each (.500 or below teams) and 1 against a Chicago team that had nothing to play for (Noah 22 mins vs Lopez 37 mins).

I think Brook will have a great season whenever the league comes back, I'm just saying that the stretch could have just been an aberration.

DoMeFavors
08-09-2011, 10:50 PM
He also had the benefit of playing Toronto 3 times during that stretch with Deron, also MIN, GS, DET, CLE, WAS and of the 24 games with Deron only 11 came against playoff teams, 2 against NY (awful defense), 1 against IND and PHI each (.500 or below teams) and 1 against a Chicago team that had nothing to play for (Noah 22 mins vs Lopez 37 mins).

I think Brook will have a great season whenever the league comes back, I'm just saying that the stretch could have just been an aberration.

Did you just make up BS in your head and write that down? Deron only played 12 games as a Net so after Deron went down Lopez was playing with Jordan Farmar and Ben Uzoh as his pg.
Also it doesnt matter about playoff teams Lopez dropped 30 something on Lakers.

DeShaun Brown
08-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last three years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. Its is now that time to vote! I would like to start this up once more considering the NBA season is now over and we can get to this discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 2 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

1) Dwight Howard
2) Andrew Bynum
3) Tim Duncan
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

If that's the case, then this list is already screwed up. Bynum and Duncan at numbers 2 and 3? Really?! Wow! I can think of at least 9 other guys who I'd rather have than those two.

DR_1
08-09-2011, 11:20 PM
After Bogut:

Noah
Horford
Gasol
Jefferson
Chandler
Lopez
Perkins

*Silver&Black*
08-09-2011, 11:37 PM
After Bogut:

Noah
Horford
Gasol
Jefferson
Chandler
Lopez
Perkins

Bulls fan? Because I think everyone other than Bulls fans (Noah) and Nets fans (Lopez) would take Horford over both of them.

Injuries should be added into this thinking too, in which Bynum and Bogut shouldn't be so high.

Howard
Horford
Noah
Bogut
Chandler
Lopez
Bynum
Gasol
Nene
Okafor

Duncan, David Lee, and Jefferson are more PF.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Tyson Chandler. He is a defensive anchor, a great rebounder and not too bad on offense. Why is Lopez getting votes? He averaged 6 rebounds a game for a 7 foot center. I can do that.

Chronz
08-10-2011, 12:40 AM

Ill make one for them

But he averages more PTS as the main option yo

Bruno
08-10-2011, 12:40 AM
You voted for Nene I see, so who would you put above Bogut? Al Horford? Just curious as to what your thoughts are on this.

I'd put Horford, M. Gasol and Nene above Bogut with confidence. I'd argue that Noah, Chandler are right there with him, perhaps better in terms of on-court defensive impact, although Bogut is still a bit more of a polished offensive post presence than either. Jefferson had a down year, Bargani is very skilled but doesn't really have the impact defensively that the majority of these players have. Lopez is very polished offensively too but he is a pathetic rebounder for his size. In all, I'd only argue with confidence that Horford, M. Gasol and Nene are the more balanced, more impactful centers than Bogut.

I probably should have voted Horford here, but I'm a sucker for Nenes efficiency. I also think he's a slightly under-rated man on man defender. I like Bogut as a player- always try to steal him in fantasy ball but his efficiency is very low and his nagging injuries just never seem to get better. I'm just skeptical that he'll out play a lot of the centers on this list next season. And statistically speaking he didn't outplay 4-5 of them last season either.

Bruno
08-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Ill make one for them

But he averages more PTS as the main option yo

lol, I don't mean to come off as bashing Bogut too hard. I kinda like the guy as a player but his efficiency last season was in the dumper, his nagging injuries never seem to get better and I think several other Cs on our list have stronger defensive impacts as anchors as well.

Chronz
08-10-2011, 01:00 AM
lol, I don't mean to come off as bashing Bogut too hard. I kinda like the guy as a player but his efficiency last season was in the dumper, his nagging injuries never seem to get better and I think several other Cs on our list have stronger defensive impacts as anchors as well.

This is the part where they say hes not efficient because he has no help and would be more efficient if he didnt have to carry the load or if he had better shooters around him.

Anyways that last part stunned me, hes the best defender IMO. On a related note, what the **** happened to this guys passing ability? Wasnt that his selling point in Utah?

Bruno
08-10-2011, 01:24 AM
This is the part where they say hes not efficient because he has no help and would be more efficient if he didnt have to carry the load or if he had better shooters around him.

Anyways that last part stunned me, hes the best defender IMO. On a related note, what the **** happened to this guys passing ability? Wasnt that his selling point in Utah?

I think they might have a point, but even in a more ideal scenario he still doesn't touch NeNe. Nenes TS% is practically 15% points higher. Bogut could possibly go up 5-10% points in TS% with the proper offense (like in '09 when he hovered at 58%), but his FT% sucks.

Maybe not Noah, but I think it's kinda hard to deny Chandlers defensive impact on the Mavs this past season. I won't toot his horn offensively, but he was a damn good defensive anchor.

I don't know whats going on with Jefferson either. I was so high on him two years ago.

XJW18
08-10-2011, 01:30 AM
The man from down under!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ewmania
08-10-2011, 02:14 PM
next vote i'm going for noah

his plays great defense and is pretty decent at the FT Line, thats valuable for any 5

Chronz
08-10-2011, 03:39 PM
next vote i'm going for noah

his plays great defense and is pretty decent at the FT Line, thats valuable for any 5
His D is overrated, what kind of evidence do we have for it being great?

VCaintdead17
08-10-2011, 06:41 PM
How does Brook Lopez have more votes than guys like Chandler and Nene. Hell, even Gortat had a better year than ****** Brook Lopez

MJ-BULLS
08-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I don't really consider Al Horford to be a center.
He's more of a power forward playing center for a team that really needs one. Al Horford should have edged out Andrew Bogut imo.

Bravo95
08-10-2011, 08:57 PM
#4 and #5 should've been Horford and Nene, in either order.

LakersMaster24
08-10-2011, 09:04 PM
People just overrate Brook Lopez...

The next 6 should go like this...

#5 Noah
#6 Nene
#7 Tyson Chandler
#8 Brook Lopez
#9 Marc Gasol
#10 Roy Hibbert (personal choice :p)
(I dont consider Horford a center)

LTBaByyy
08-10-2011, 09:09 PM
How does Brook Lopez have more votes than guys like Chandler and Nene. Hell, even Gortat had a better year than ****** Brook Lopez

:clap:

Gators123
08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
People just overrate Brook Lopez...

The next 6 should go like this...

#5 Noah
#6 Nene
#7 Tyson Chandler
#8 Brook Lopez
#9 Marc Gasol
#10 Roy Hibbert (personal choice :p)
(I dont consider Horford a center)

Why not? Hes Atlantas starting center.

LTBaByyy
08-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Everyone forgot about the season AND playoffs Tyson Chandler had.

If this poll was done at the end of the Finals, he would be no lower than #5!!!!

Bc we had a thread of top 5 centers at the end of the finals and EVERYONE had Chandler in theirs

DoMeFavors
08-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Everyone forgot about the season AND playoffs Tyson Chandler had.

If this poll was done at the end of the Finals, he would be no lower than #5!!!!

Bc we had a thread of top 5 centers at the end of the finals and EVERYONE had Chandler in theirs

Who cares what other people think? If you think Chandler is a top 5 center then thats what you think. Just because other people have opinions doesnt mean you are wrong.

VCaintdead17
08-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Who cares what other people think? If you think Chandler is a top 5 center then thats what you think. Just because other people have opinions doesnt mean you are wrong.

That's what someone says when they don't have a valid argument to back their opinion.

Bruno
08-10-2011, 10:40 PM
IMO
Horford
Nene
Chandler
Bogut
Noah
Jefferson
2-3 players.

DR_1
08-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Bulls fan? Because I think everyone other than Bulls fans (Noah) and Nets fans (Lopez) would take Horford over both of them.

Injuries should be added into this thinking too, in which Bynum and Bogut shouldn't be so high.

Howard
Horford
Noah
Bogut
Chandler
Lopez
Bynum
Gasol
Nene
Okafor

Duncan, David Lee, and Jefferson are more PF.

Noah owned Horford in the Playoffs.

DR_1
08-10-2011, 10:47 PM
His D is overrated, what kind of evidence do we have for it being great?

He can guard multiple positions, stops guys from scoring in the post, and gets a nice amount of blocks to name a few.

Bravo95
08-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Noah owned Horford in the Playoffs.
Horford is the superior all-around player. Objective fans know that. You wouldn't see him pulled off the court in key situations.

DR_1
08-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Horford is the superior all-around player. Objective fans know that. You wouldn't see him pulled off the court in key situations.

That wasn't Noah's fault that the group on the court was playing well.

Chronz
08-11-2011, 02:57 PM
He can guard multiple positions, stops guys from scoring in the post, and gets a nice amount of blocks to name a few.
Yea see I dont find him to be a great post defender at all, if you look at his counterpart #'s they are nearly as productive as he is. His #'s in the post arent any better, they are very mediocre compared to bigger anchors like Bynum/Bogut/Perkins so I dont think hes any kind of post stopper.

I know he can do certain things, like switching onto perimeter player (his #'s in Isolation are elite for a bigman) but if hes so good why didnt his team miss his defense? They didnt skip a beat on D when he went down, I suppose having Asik and KT as your backups will negate your presence but if he were as great as hes made out to be there would be some kind of slippage.

You look at any other anchor and they have much stronger cases defensively.

What I do think is that Noah is underrated Offensively, hes no go to guy but hes alot like Chandler in that he can finish effectively only hes a MUCH better passer.

LakersMaster24
08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Why not? Hes Atlantas starting center.

Because if Atlanta had a good center, he would play power forward. The only reason he is a center is because Atlanta doesnt have any quality centers.

Swashcuff
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Because if Atlanta had a good center, he would play power forward. The only reason he is a center is because Atlanta doesnt have any quality centers.

Well that makes him a C in these rankings. He played the position almost exclusively. He may be a natural PF but he played the C and did so effectively against other Cs not PFs.

Bravo95
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Actually it's more like: Because the Hawks have Josh Smith, who cannot be trusted to play small forward for an extended period of time, Horford plays center.