PDA

View Full Version : Lebrons working out with Hakeem...

coryd238
08-08-2011, 07:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhwctZt3HiK_Arie5XU43rS8vLYF?slug=ap-heat-jamesinterview

He’s also trying to deliver on his vow to be even better whenever the Heat resume play, saying he’s been in Houston at times this offseason to learn post play from one of the game’s all-time greats, former Rockets star Hakeem Olajuwon.

“I look at what he was able to do throughout his career,” James said. “Unbelievable talent. Multiple champion. Just to see how he was able to dominate in the low post, for me as an individual, I just try to look at some of the things I feel I need to get better at and hit home at it. Our team becomes better if I continue to get better and that’s what it’s about.”

Damn...

arkanian215
08-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Anyone know how much Dwight's post play improved this season?

hard_candy
08-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Perhaps Dream can teach LeBron how not to choke in the fourth quarter while he's at it.

asandhu23
08-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Dnewguy was supposed to post this.

coryd238
08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Perhaps Dream can teach LeBron how not to choke in the fourth quarter while he's at it.

:clap:

IndyRealist
08-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Isn't Hakeem on an NBA payroll?

conway429
08-08-2011, 08:11 PM
^ I don't think so. He's worked with a bunch of NBA players in the past

mavwar53
08-08-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm not a huge LeBron fan but this could take his game so much farther than it is right now, great move by him finally after over a year of questionable decisions.

Ezio
08-08-2011, 08:18 PM
He's finally going to learn how to post up?

naps
08-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice. He will be unstoppable if he can develop his post game.

mjqusoldier
08-08-2011, 08:35 PM
hell still choke

DodgerBulls
08-08-2011, 08:35 PM
If he develops from this experience, it will help the Heat even greater. Also, this is good as he will demand for balls (no pun intended) more which is a must to fully utilize him.

DodgerBulls
08-08-2011, 08:36 PM
hell still choke

You'll never improve in life. Get the message? That is still to be determined.

ewmania
08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
uh oh... lol

this will make this beast even more dangerous than b4

blastmasta26
08-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Good for him. Potentially bad for the rest of the league.

SteBO
08-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I hope he develops it well and becomes an even better player. He needs to somewhat refine his game. Bullying your way through people can only work for so long.

ecorrea
08-08-2011, 08:54 PM
meh. hes been in houston at times... if hes made me wait this long to see a post game, ill wait to believe it when i see it.

Teeboy1487
08-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Lebron should had done this years ago. To me, Lebron is built like a PF that is blessed with the agility and speed of a guard. However, his offensive game is still of a PF. This will do wonders for him if he develops his post game. He is probably always going to be either stronger or quicker than the opposing 3. This will make him so dangerous. You would be forced to double, but with his PG like passing skills, he will find the open man. Just insane :speechless:.

Avenged
08-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Kobe did the same with Hakeem I believe. Good move by Lebron, as a player who is widely known to finish by charging to the rim, adding more moves to his game will only help.

albertc86
08-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Didn't Kobe work with Hakeem a few years ago?

kntresistheheat
08-08-2011, 09:05 PM
This is what he needed all along. All the greats have a post up move ala.. Kobe, magic, Jordan ect.... I just hope he adds a nice fade away and he also has to work on his long jumpers.

Rndy
08-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Lebron with a post game is scary just needs to work on his footwork.

JerseysFinest
08-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Very good for him, will make him even more unstoppable.

He also said he expects for there to be a season this year, which is very telling for me coming from the best player in the league, and someone who is in the know regarding the labor talks.

Bruno
08-08-2011, 10:01 PM
If LeBron can harness these skills properly he will be un-guardable. We'll see how much he takes it to heart, and how much he enacts it during games.

LBJ with a great post game is a scary thought. It is the weakest part of his game, IMO. This is smart, as he ages he'll need to develop a consistent post game with strong fundamentals. You don't carry 270 pounds for eight years and not have it take a toll on your knees. We saw what carrying that kind of weight on a 6'7-6'8 frame did to Artests legs; this is James smartening up and realizing he won't have this explosiveness forever. He went to the right guy.

ManRam
08-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Dwight improved leaps and bounds after last off-season.

LeBron's biggest knock, fundamentally that is, has always been his post up game. While he does get results (a very good PPS on post up plays) it isn't really pretty on the eyes.

Bruno's point about preservation is incredibly noteworthy too. Kobe realized that he couldn't play recklessly all the time and last to 40...and he switched his game up. LeBron will eventually have to as well, and why not learn how to do so early.

The choke jokes are still so hilarious. Wow.

TO Rapz
08-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Wow. Hate on him if you d like, but this is a smart move from him. Like others have said, if LeBron adds a post up game to his already talented game, he ll be almost unstoppable. And I hate LeBron, but its a scary though of him with a post up game. I still think he needs to work on his J more too.

Bruno
08-08-2011, 10:36 PM
LeBron will eventually have to as well, and why not learn how to do so early.

And if anything LBJ is ahead of the curb. He'll be 27 in December of next season, if we have it. Kobe didn't go to dream until he was 30. Unfortunately for Kobe and the Lakers, Bryants serious injuries began the very next season after working with Hakeem in the summer.

It was a great time for Kobe Bryant fans. Pau missed the first chunk of the season, opening up the post for Bryant, who had just spent the summer working with the Dream. Laker fans never saw a more efficient Kobe Bryant. I lost my records on this, but during that stretch Kobe was getting the easiest and most efficient looks of his career, his FG % was hovering around 48%, which is a big deal who is 45% for his career. Unfortunately right after Gasol come back Bryant broke the finger in the shooting hand, and moved back to the perimeter; went back to his traditional efficiency.

If LeBron can have half the amount of success Bryant had with Dreams techniques, and can execute those fundamentals with a healthy and young body the rest of the league is in trouble. I hate hearing about any non-Laker working with Dream, the results can be deadly.

3mikee_
08-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Can't beat em, join em (Kobe/Howard)... good to see he's doing something productive with his time off. Going to be really scary if LeBron can add some skill to his game instead of just being physically dominant over the rest of the league because that's not going to last.

beasted86
08-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Hate now.... crap your pants later.

bearadonisdna
08-08-2011, 10:46 PM
this news makes me dislike hakeem.

GodsSon
08-08-2011, 10:49 PM

Is it hating if people state facts?

coryd238
08-08-2011, 10:52 PM

I don't see anyone hating?

llemon
08-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Very good for him, will make him even more unstoppable.

He also said he expects for there to be a season this year, which is very telling for me coming from the best player in the league, and someone who is in the know regarding the labor talks.

Just curious. What makes you think Lebron is any more 'in the know' regarding NBA labor talks than anyone else in the league?

RZZZA
08-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I like this. If Lebron gets even half as good at posting up as he is at flopping, this will pay dividends.

every comment I make about Lebron has to include a jab, it's in my contract.

beasted86
08-08-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't see anyone hating?
RE:

hell still choke

Sure. :rolleyes:

JerseysFinest
08-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Just curious. What makes you think Lebron is any more 'in the know' regarding NBA labor talks than anyone else in the league?

I didn't say he was anymore in the know than anyone else. I just think he probably has some of the same views as the other players in the L, that's all.

MackSnackWrap
08-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Damn.. Smart move bron. Watch out NBA. Beast just got more beastly!

llemon
08-08-2011, 11:53 PM
I didn't say he was anymore in the know than anyone else. I just think he probably has some of the same views as the other players in the L, that's all.

Then what was 'very telling' about Lebron's statement?

RZZZA
08-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Damn.. Smart move bron. Watch out NBA. Beast just got more beastly!

J.Cole #1

shep33
08-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Finallly... honestly I never understood this with him. He's big, strong, and quick, the guy should be doimating other SF's on the block.

If he learns it... wow.... look out league

topdog
08-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Nice to finally hear something about Lebron trying to improve his game, rather than less basketball related stuff...

MackSnackWrap
08-09-2011, 12:26 AM
J.Cole #1

Debatable. I could live with Cole at 1. Hes dope. Jus think drakes slightly better. Basing this solely of the old drake (Comeback Season/Room For Improvement).

TheRunKiller
08-09-2011, 12:26 AM
maybe he can teach lebron to go right into his post moves instead of holding the ball for 20 secs then chucking up a low % shot.

JordansBulls
08-09-2011, 12:28 AM
What's up, why can't these guys work on there own game?

Yanks All Day
08-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Good for LeBron. He has improved every offseason in some facet of his game, and this is the latest installment. I expect him to be very good on the post this year. I don't see how anyone can criticize him from improving his game under an all-time great.

Chronz
08-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Remember when Emeka Okafor went to Dream? His game improved but not leaps and bounds, Im sure Bron can do more with his teachings but hes already a decent post player. People just want to make **** up and ignore the fact that he commands a double team down there regardless.

Htownballa1622
08-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Hakeem :worthy::love:

Good move for LeBron.

coryd238
08-09-2011, 01:31 AM
RE:

Sure. :rolleyes:

Two posts out of three pages :facepalm: Overreaction

And did I just read that Drake is better than J Cole? LOL

hard_candy
08-09-2011, 03:28 AM
The mental aspect of his game is what's missing. The greatest thrive under, and live for, the biggest moments: fourth quarters of finals games. Not LeBron.

23dragonzord
08-09-2011, 03:39 AM
I doubt he uses it. He'll still shoot 20 foot 2's

hard_candy
08-09-2011, 03:54 AM
The second half of his career will be interesting. He's already on the decline physically--he's not as fast, and he doesn't jump as high.

Can he compensate for this decline with new skills? It's hard to say. I haven't seen dramatic improvement in his game. He's basically a more muscular and stronger version of his younger self.

Yanks All Day
08-09-2011, 04:26 AM
The second half of his career will be interesting. He's already on the decline physically--he's not as fast, and he doesn't jump as high.

Can he compensate for this decline with new skills? It's hard to say. I haven't seen dramatic improvement in his game. He's basically a more muscular and stronger version of his younger self.

Wait what? A 26 year old world class conditioned athlete is in physical decline? I'm not even sure that's remotely close to being true. If anything, he is improving every year.

NBA-GMaster
08-09-2011, 04:29 AM
:clap: Nice!! He could be a complete unstoppable at the post if Kareem trains him to do his signature hookshot..
While waiting for the lockout to end, why dont LeBron try Mutombo (to improve his blocking ability) and Jeff Hornacek or Reggie Miller (to improve his shooting)..

hineswardfan
08-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Good move by Lebron

ne3xchamps
08-09-2011, 07:12 AM

:laugh2: this. also who gives a **** about what lebron is doing? I know I don't.

ne3xchamps
08-09-2011, 07:13 AM

because lebron can't do anything on his own.

sventhedog
08-09-2011, 07:29 AM
i hope it's hakeem teaching lebron how to play and not lebron teaching hakeem how to be a clown.

Evolution23
08-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Scary

kozelkid
08-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Dwight improved leaps and bounds after last off-season.

LeBron's biggest knock, fundamentally that is, has always been his post up game. While he does get results (a very good PPS on post up plays) it isn't really pretty on the eyes.

Bruno's point about preservation is incredibly noteworthy too. Kobe realized that he couldn't play recklessly all the time and last to 40...and he switched his game up. LeBron will eventually have to as well, and why not learn how to do so early.

The choke jokes are still so hilarious. Wow.

I don't think it's as much post game as just his footwork in general. For a player as great as he is, his footwork is pretty poor. He's just lucky he gets away with it due to his freak of nature physical gifts.

BALLER R
08-09-2011, 10:23 AM
improve his post game as much as he wants. that isn't the problem . The problem is he needs to work on his mental toughness

Hawkize31
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM

Orly? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nFBzwqYq48)

synister281
08-09-2011, 11:01 AM
If he ever finds a way to win a championship, his mental state will change and he will win multiple championships. He doesn't need more athletic work, he needs a psychiatrist.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Shoulda done it a long time ago.

mjm07
08-09-2011, 11:04 AM
why can't he improve on his own?

Lebron physically declining...(this is a complete joke btw)

He needs to learn not to choke...

he need to be mentally tough in the 4th quarter...

haters will always hate.

Its funny how Lebrons the most hated man in sports and yet EVERYONE would love for him to be on their favorite team.

This man won 2 MVP's and hasn't reached his full potential.....yet!
Keep on hating fellas its gonna be a fun NBA year(hopefully!)

Sly Guy
08-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure hakeem is the best person to teach LBJ. I think LBJ would have been better suited to learn from an elite wing who had a post game than a legendary C.

Hawkeye15
08-09-2011, 11:12 AM
If LeBron can harness these skills properly he will be un-guardable. We'll see how much he takes it to heart, and how much he enacts it during games.

LBJ with a great post game is a scary thought. It is the weakest part of his game, IMO. This is smart, as he ages he'll need to develop a consistent post game with strong fundamentals. You don't carry 270 pounds for eight years and not have it take a toll on your knees. We saw what carrying that kind of weight on a 6'7-6'8 frame did to Artests legs; this is James smartening up and realizing he won't have this explosiveness forever. He went to the right guy.

this pretty much. And yes, we will see if he takes it to heart

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-09-2011, 11:29 AM
If there's no season next year, Lebron is gonna be a completely different player when it resumes. He will have the best year of his career.

8kobe24
08-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Dare I say "lebron finally gets it?". We shall see...

ghettosean
08-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Come now guy what do you take these guys for Micheal Jordan... LOL!

ghettosean
08-09-2011, 11:44 AM
If there's no season next year, Lebron is gonna be a completely different player when it resumes. He will have the best year of his career.
Says you ;)

The Final Boss
08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Working out 'a couple of times' will NOT improve his post game. It takes years of dedication not a shoot around hear and there, like he's doing.

Btw, he makes this sound like its HIS idea when coaches/media/friends/and family have been harping on this for years.

I can't wait to see him clank'em with that ugly *** shot when he tries turn around jumpers.:laugh:

LoLebron James is, and always will be a clown.

When the athleticism runs out around 30 its going to be comical to watch this scrub rumble down court.

ghettosean
08-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Working out 'a couple of times' will NOT improve his post game. It takes years of dedication not a shoot around hear and there, like he's doing.

Btw, he makes this sound like its HIS idea when coaches/media/friends/and family have been harping on this for years.

I can't wait to see him clank'em with that ugly *** shot when he tries turn around jumpers.:laugh:

LoLebron James is, and always will be a clown.

Whdn the athleticism runs out around 30 its going to be comical to watch this scrub rumble down court.
So you think he's got the Vince Carter syndrome all the talent in the world but not the right work ethic sounds like that could be true though I can't prove it but he sure has V.C's immaturity. Vince said in his prime that he thinks he might be the best player ever and well Lebron called himself (before day 1) "THE KING".

Good for him! I'm sure he is!!!

h2r09
08-09-2011, 11:58 AM
but this isnt negative news about lebron..... why is this being posted?

KingPosey
08-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Good step, he had to learn it, blazing down the key with 5 seconds left wasnt working. Now he has to actually do it, in the games.
Glad he finally listened to EVERYONE around him telling him to learn a post move.

xM1GSx
08-09-2011, 12:00 PM
good move for lbj, just trying to get better and gotta respect that

Slimsim
08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
This will be bad for the league good for miami.

The Final Boss
08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
So you think he's got the Vince Carter syndrome all the talent in the world but not the right work ethic sounds like that could be true though I can't prove it but he sure has V.C's immaturity. Vince said in his prime that he thinks he might be the best player ever and well Lebron called himself (before day 1) "THE KING".

Good for him! I'm sure he is!!!

That's a great example- 2 NBA giants... But 2 mental midgets.

You weather proof your home before the storm, not during. The storm punched James in the mouth buts its too late to repair it. Especially when you're half assing it like he's doing.

Da Knicks
08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
He should of asked Melo to teach him lol, jk this is good for Lebron and he really needs to learn how to post up if he wants to continue being elite when his speed and strenghth winds down. I still think in the long run Melo will be better because he has already mastered the post up game.

Yunqn
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Its annoying how people think lebron posting up is what the heat need..

I never heard one peep about the post and lebron in cleveland.. And neither did anyone on here..

The heat need chalmers to improve and step up and the team needs to learn how to play together..

They didnt get to the finals aa a team they won on talent.. They still dont know how its going to work imo.. Its just to hard to beat lebron and wade for 4 out of 7 games all the time..

Yunqn
08-09-2011, 12:18 PM
This will be bad for the league good for miami.

This isnt going to do **** for the heat really its just another setup where the ball stops in one guys hand and hes tryin to score and the whole team is still standing around.. The team has to work together and decide the roles..

This was never lebrons problem at any point of his career.. But the people at espn think it is all of a sudden .. The only thing that can help lebron that would worry everyfan is for him to break out of his little me world and start working constantly on his shooting and free throws..

That will set lebron on another stage..

justinnum1
08-09-2011, 01:28 PM
This isnt going to do **** for the heat really its just another setup where the ball stops in one guys hand and hes tryin to score and the whole team is still standing around.. The team has to work together and decide the roles..

This was never lebrons problem at any point of his career.. But the people at espn think it is all of a sudden .. The only thing that can help lebron that would worry everyfan is for him to break out of his little me world and start working constantly on his shooting and free throws..

That will set lebron on another stage..

:violin:

nickdymez
08-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Its annoying how people think lebron posting up is what the heat need..

I never heard one peep about the post and lebron in cleveland.. And neither did anyone on here..

The heat need chalmers to improve and step up and the team needs to learn how to play together..

They didnt get to the finals aa a team they won on talent.. They still dont know how its going to work imo.. Its just to hard to beat lebron and wade for 4 out of 7 games all the time..

Because he was younger then. He's going into his 9th season and his legs arent the same.. Its time to change your game.. Jordan did it, Kobe did it, every player great or not should. Besides, if you think a man thats 6'8 270 doesnt need a post game, then your crazy. Him developing that post game will open the court up greatly.

Storch
08-09-2011, 02:09 PM
I like how Lebron's talking. He's taking this last finals loss the right way, and that is to improve to win it next time. Very professional and I like that he's maturing.

For the people that are hating on how Lebron doesn't need a post game, think again. If lebron can post up, all of the players around him can play off the ball. With lebron's superior passing skills combined with a decent low post game you get a deadly combination. If people have to start doubling him in the low post and you still have wade and bosh out there, you are pretty much screwed to pick your poison.

This is coming from a Laker fan that hates lebron. :pity:

beasted86
08-09-2011, 02:12 PM
^Pretty much.

The difference between Bosh posting up and LeBron posting up is Bosh is a way better spot up shooter than LeBron. So it is more beneficial for LeBron to operate in the post.

Kenny Powders
08-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Whenever your not in the best of moods, the NBA forum is always good for a laugh to cheer you up.

Geargo Wallace
08-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Because he was younger then. He's going into his 9th season and his legs arent the same.. Its time to change your game.. Jordan did it, Kobe did it, every player great or not should. Besides, if you think a man thats 6'8 270 doesnt need a post game, then your crazy. Him developing that post game will open the court up greatly.
I love how ppl always add 10-20 pounds when describing LeBron.

Whenever your not in the best of moods, the NBA forum is always good for a laugh to cheer you up.

Yup, some of the bickering here makes me laugh. Anyone who has a problem with LeBron trying to pick up some new moves is ridiculous. It was okay when Kobe did it. It's okay when LeBron does.

Missing56&33
08-09-2011, 04:10 PM
He also needs to work on his FT shooting. I like the fact that he's admitting he needs to work on his game to get better but then once you get better in the post you have to pass out of the double team :eyebrow:

Lebron your game is exposed. :pity:

nickdymez
08-09-2011, 04:11 PM
I love how ppl always add 10-20 pounds when describing LeBron.

Yup, some of the bickering here makes me laugh. Anyone who has a problem with LeBron trying to pick up some new moves is ridiculous. It was okay when Kobe did it. It's okay when LeBron does.

I dont know how much he weighs exactly.. And why bring kobe up?

C_Mund
08-09-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure hakeem is the best person to teach LBJ. I think LBJ would have been better suited to learn from an elite wing who had a post game than a legendary C.

This makes sense to me.
I'm not hating on Lebron or saying he'll never win, never improve, always chokes...blah blah.
I'm just saying that maybe he could have learned more from Barkley or even Pippen on the post game. The Dream was a true C, he got the ball close to the basket and had an amazing array of unguardable shots. But he was also 7 feet tall and didn't have people six inches taller waiting to block his shots. Lebron's post game will probably start at least ten feet from the basket like Kobe and Jordan and will rely on turn-around jumpers and facilitating the offense (passing out of doubles, hitting a cutting Wade, etc.). Hakeem will help him with finishing closer to the rim but I don't see how this could help him as a point forward.

Rosh
08-09-2011, 04:55 PM
LeBron finally manning up. Depending on how effective the training is, it could be devastating for the league. Without making jokes here, I do still think he needs to work on his end-of-game play. This will make him a more effective player throughout the whole game...but if he continues to fail in the end, this improvement will be marginal in the grand scheme of things.

Geargo Wallace
08-09-2011, 07:45 PM
I dont know how much he weighs exactly.. And why bring kobe up?
I'm just proving to some ppl here that LeBron isn't the only player in the NBA that has used a past HOFer to add things to their repertoire. I'm not slighting Kobe at all for that. I'd ask Hakeem for help too.

This makes sense to me.
I'm not hating on Lebron or saying he'll never win, never improve, always chokes...blah blah.
I'm just saying that maybe he could have learned more from Barkley or even Pippen on the post game. The Dream was a true C, he got the ball close to the basket and had an amazing array of unguardable shots. But he was also 7 feet tall and didn't have people six inches taller waiting to block his shots. Lebron's post game will probably start at least ten feet from the basket like Kobe and Jordan and will rely on turn-around jumpers and facilitating the offense (passing out of doubles, hitting a cutting Wade, etc.). Hakeem will help him with finishing closer to the rim but I don't see how this could help him as a point forward.
Hakeem was an undersized C if anything. He was closer to 6'10 than 7 feet. I don't know if you've watched Hakeem play, but he had a helluva turnaround jumper. I don't think getting help from Barkley or Pippen was readily available. And if you're seeking help in the post, why not get help from the best (Hakeem)?

LeBron finally manning up. Depending on how effective the training is, it could be devastating for the league. Without making jokes here, I do still think he needs to work on his end-of-game play. This will make him a more effective player throughout the whole game...but if he continues to fail in the end, this improvement will be marginal in the grand scheme of things.

Might as well use your time in the gym to actually work on things that you can get better at (post game). I don't think that he can work on not "choking." I love how one series labels him a choker. In the grand scheme of things ppl will still find another way to hate on his game. Without the post game and perfect freethrow/3-point shooting he's still the best in the world.

nbajordan
08-09-2011, 09:28 PM
If he develops from this experience, it will help the Heat even greater. Also, this is good as he will demand for balls (no pun intended) more which is a must to fully utilize him.
I love this game :D (http://www.nba-jordan.com/)

beasted86
08-09-2011, 09:45 PM
This makes sense to me.
It's footwork and balance that LeBron needs the most help at, and Hakeem would be the ideal teacher in those categories.

An elite wing post player wouldn't help as much because most of those guys didn't ever have the explosion LeBron does, and had to rely more on post game out of necessity because of age or lack of athleticism rather than like LeBron trying to make his game more dynamic.

LeBron has a few more years before he really needs to perfect his post game out of need.

Underrated Wade
08-09-2011, 10:04 PM
cool. not rlly forum worthy

beasted86
08-09-2011, 10:45 PM

During this lockout everything is becoming new thread worthy.

last stand
08-09-2011, 11:27 PM
kobe beat you to it. if anything kobe gave him the idea

nickdymez
08-09-2011, 11:28 PM

One great player working with another great player is definitely forum worthy

Chronz
08-10-2011, 12:35 AM
This makes sense to me.

According to Hakeem his moves are better utilized by quicker players, but you make a good point about learning from guys of more similar build.

Cal827
08-10-2011, 12:51 AM
This Basically summarizes the NBA fans response:

Heat Fans: :dance:

Most of the other franchises fans': :speechless: :cry: IT'S NOT FAIR!

Bull fans: We gotta bring back Scalabraine after this lockout :cool:

Seriously though, if he develops a post-up game, he'll be basically impossible to stop. Further solidifying his top 50 status in the NBA All-time.

hard_candy
08-10-2011, 02:51 AM
Not one, not two, not three.... :)

Jewelz0376
08-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Good move for Lebron...this will def take his game to another level, because he was pretty bad in the post

hyb152
08-10-2011, 03:33 AM
And how much did Dwight improve on his post game after working with a legend? A LOT. Lebron will be unstoppable. Well he is already but with a post game he'll be insane

MelkyNYY
08-10-2011, 03:46 AM
I wonder if Hakeem lets Lebron leave 12 minutes early before practice is over?

3ballbomber
08-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Alright Hakeem is teaching him moves but who's going to teach him to grow nuts!

sventhedog
08-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Seriously though, if he develops a post-up game, he'll be basically impossible to stop. Further solidifying his top 50 status in the NBA All-time.

seriously though, since you love talking about "if."

if yao/oden was healthy, if kobe/duncan was younger, if mugsy bogues was 7'5, if kwame/milicic were as good as their draft position, if horry missed all the big shots he took, if lebron's brain was a little more useful. unfortunately, all those "ifs" didn't happen.

The Flash
08-10-2011, 08:53 AM

Rose

synister281
08-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Scalabrine's 4th quarter killer instinct > LeBron's

SteBO
08-10-2011, 09:40 AM

This thread is about a guy who's trying to improve his game, and all I've read the past couple of pages is off topic jibberish about his 4th quarter mentality. All to hate on the guy when it isn't warranted :rolleyes: Should've known. Just goes to show you that the man can't win with anyone even when he's trying to better himself as a player.

SwaggaIke
08-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Bron can play on the block, he just needs to develop his confidence, a go-to move & a counter.

Shmontaine
08-10-2011, 11:16 AM
good for lebron to work on his weaknesses....

i'm just not sure why he needs to actually work with hakeem? don't players watch endless film on their opponents? wouldn't film of hakeem be just as useful as working with him directly?? IDK, i just don't get the whole 'working with greats' thing... d12 needed to learn how to be an offensive center, which i understand more than lebron trying to post up. how much is there to learn, really? there's far more to learn from hakeem by studying his film when he was a prime player IMO...

ghettosean
08-10-2011, 11:45 AM
:violin:
Good post thanks for contributing!

MTar786
08-10-2011, 12:33 PM
he's gonna first need to learn how to have good foot work if he wants to learn anything from dream.. is that even possible for lebron?

Chronz
08-10-2011, 01:02 PM

Ignoring your blatant attempt at an insult, your actually on the money here. Scalabrine is one of the few who possess MJ's brain type.

AIRMAR72
08-10-2011, 01:42 PM
bron really needs to learn how to play soccer first than go see the DREAM soccer is the best method or sport to use when your trying to develop leg and foot control and balance planting a foot with defenders around dribbling the ball(soccer word) with the other leg but if but anyone who as seen bron in person u can see that his feet are turnout sideways it would be challange for him vs someone who is pigeon-toed or straight footed (neutral feet alinement), steve nash,manu and kobe and most euro players with good footwork its due to playing soccer it helped me back in my days

jeter4president
08-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm not a lebron fan, but if lebron learns post moves hes going to be unguardable. IMO those of you ripping on him in this thread know this and are just grasping at straws to try to rip on him.

Chronz
08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
bron really needs to learn how to play soccer first than go see the DREAM soccer is the best method or sport to use when your trying to develop leg and foot control and balance planting a foot with defenders around dribbling the ball(soccer word) with the other leg but if but anyone who as seen bron in person u can see that his feet are turnout sideways it would be challange for him vs someone who is pigeon-toed or straight footed (neutral feet alinement), steve nash,manu and kobe and most euro players with good footwork its due to playing soccer it helped me back in my days

Doesnt Yoga help with balance as well?

bulls leakage
08-10-2011, 11:22 PM

Or he could just practice his footwork using drills specifically for basketballl

Jahari Kavi
08-10-2011, 11:32 PM
How one could not even consider the greatest center of all time baffles me...easily the best post moves of ANY big man in the history of the game...and possibly the best defensively when you take into account blocking shots and steals (top 10 in both)..that's why everyone goes to him.....yet his students don't come close to matching his moves....from Yao, Dwight, Kobe, to Bron.........

3ballbomber
08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Bron can play on the block, he just needs to develop his confidence, a go-to move & a counter.
Good post here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i won't count out that any player cannot learn something they don't currently have in their game because with hard work, focus and dedication anybody can learn something new and do it effectively.............question is will Lebron finally give into that hardwork & dedication mentality in order for him to finally learn to post?!?!?!?

nickdymez
08-11-2011, 10:19 AM
How one could not even consider the greatest center of all time baffles me...easily the best post moves of ANY big man in the history of the game...and possibly the best defensively when you take into account blocking shots and steals (top 10 in both)..that's why everyone goes to him.....yet his students don't come close to matching his moves....from Yao, Dwight, Kobe, to Bron.........

Kobes footwork is pretty sick

AIRMAR72
08-11-2011, 11:44 AM

well said BUT the DREAM is a top 3 - 5 player of alltime in my book and former players EYES too micheal jordan actually watch videos ON hakeem which help jordan to develop his ultimate postgame the best bigman in ANY era..long live the DREAM

RaiderLakersA's
08-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Good move by LeBron.

I'm not taking anything from Hakeem, but the guy that LeBron should pattern his low post game after is James Worthy. Worthy's spin to the basket was vicious. With LeBron's size and speed, it would be game over. He could live in the post during the 4th quarter and just kill defenses.

h2r09
08-12-2011, 09:12 AM
as long as it helps lebron feel more comfortable in the post im fine. that is the biggest issue in lebrons game to me. he just didnt feel comfortable in the post at all.

beasted86
08-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Hakeem's a top 4 Center all time, and probably has the most polished footwork we've ever seen from a Center. I don't get why people are saying he shouldn't be learning from him.

:confused:

3mikee_
08-12-2011, 11:46 AM
After working with Hakeem i'm sure he'll feel more comfortable in the post. The reason he doesn't feel comfortable is because he doesn't have any success down there.

SwaggaIke
08-13-2011, 11:42 AM
The reason he doesn't feel comfortable is because he doesn't have any success down there.

Either you're a liar or extremely misinformed. LeBron has as much success in the post as ANY wing. The PROBLEM is he only does it twice a game. When Bosh went down against Chicago LeBron dominated the post for a string of games playing HEAVY minutes at the 4 spot. Spo demanded he play on the block & he had to w/ Haslem & Bosh both inactive. His biggest problem to date has been his WILLINGNESS to post up, not his ability to perform when doing so.

llemon
08-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Either you're a liar or extremely misinformed. LeBron has as much success in the post as ANY wing. The PROBLEM is he only does it twice a game. When Bosh went down against Chicago LeBron dominated the post for a string of games playing HEAVY minutes at the 4 spot. Spo demanded he play on the block & he had to w/ Haslem & Bosh both inactive. His biggest problem to date has been his WILLINGNESS to post up, not his ability to perform when doing so.

Lebron doesn't have a post game.

Not sure if Hakeem will be able to teach what he does.

juno10
08-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Lebron doesn't have a post game.

Not sure if Hakeem will be able to teach what he does.

he's so much bigger and stronger than most sf's he doesn't even need to have one to be successful down there just post up and overpower them after you back them down.

NetsPaint
08-13-2011, 04:53 PM
If he does develop a post game his passing will have a new dimension.

llemon
08-13-2011, 05:19 PM
he's so much bigger and stronger than most sf's he doesn't even need to have one to be successful down there just post up and overpower them after you back them down.

That's the Jason Kidd school of postup basketball, and JK has no postup game.

KingPosey
08-15-2011, 11:35 PM

How come LBJ gains 10 lbs every time someone talks about him?

It showed last year that LBJ's lack of "moves" affected him when he had to manufacture a basket.

The Heat do not have a low post option, Bosh is a spot up shooter.

It makes sense that with his size, strength, and ability, coupled with his lack of moves, and the fact that he can be unguardable physically, that he learn to play with his back to the basket.

He wont be able to blaze down the key forever, and it didnt really work at the end of last year. This is a good thing for him.