West: Utah Jazz
well let me see here
Devin Harris
Derrick Favors
Enes Kanter
one word:
solid

East:Wizards
As they say a new image is a fresh start.I can name teams in the last decade in each 3 of the 4 major leagues that have made the playoffs in the first time in years on a logo and uni change
MLB:Tampa Bay Rays
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NHL: Washington Capitals*
Ted Leonsis was and still is the Capitals owner and now is the Wizards owner. If John Wall does as well as he did last season with the help of McGee, Jan V, and Singleton and they pick up a few Vet guys then we might be looking at another 4 team southeast playoff

NetSymptom
08-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm willing to admit this is a Homer pick, but I feel the addition of a healthy Deron Williams will help the Nets sneak into a 7th-8th seed in the Eastern Conference.

I think over the past few years we've seen how an elite PG can carry a team through the regular season, so I don't think it's unrealistic to think Deron can get the Nets enough wins to compete for a bottom seed.

Sadds The Gr8
08-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Raptors.

NBA_Starter
08-07-2011, 09:39 PM
West: Utah Jazz
well let me see here
Kemba Walker

????

NYKnicksAllDay
08-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Kemba Walker was drafted by the Bobcats.

j-bay
08-07-2011, 09:52 PM

no wonder it was a mock i was looking at i still pick the jazz to make it

asandhu23
08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Warriors.. if it wasn't for Wilson Chandler introducing David Lee's arm to his teeth, we would have. He ruined the momentum we had.

NBA_Starter
08-07-2011, 09:55 PM

I thought I had missed something :confused:

beasted86
08-07-2011, 10:45 PM
East: Bucks - Captain Jack along with a healthier Bogut will lead them back in
West: Utah - Favors breaks out and Kanter develops a role, they will then have some nice trade bait with Millsap & Okur

TO Rapz
08-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I thought I had missed something :confused:

This.

MackSnackWrap
08-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Raptors.

Hope not. I think one more high lottery pick would do wonders. Derozan. Davis. Valancunias. Rivers/Kabongo/etc????

gwrighter
08-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Hope not. I think one more high lottery pick would do wonders. Derozan. Davis. Valancunias. Rivers/Kabongo/etc????

pray that the season is canceled so that the Raptors can secure another top pick & get Valanciunas all at the same time. Then they have a chance of making the playoffs in 2012-2013.

MackSnackWrap
08-07-2011, 11:44 PM
pray that the season is canceled so that the Raptors can secure another top pick & get Valanciunas all at the same time. Then they have a chance of making the playoffs in 2012-2013.

my fingers are crossed for a high pick :pray: but not at the cost of a season of basketball

beasted86
08-07-2011, 11:57 PM

What makes you think that if the season is cancelled, the Raptors will automatically receive a top pick?

With no season record as a guideline, all teams will be thrown in with "equal odds". Don't be surprised to see the Lakers with a #1 pick and Raptors nowhere near top 10.

juno10
08-08-2011, 12:01 AM
What makes you think that if the season is cancelled, the Raptors will automatically receive a top pick?

With no season record as a guideline, all teams will be thrown in with "equal odds". Don't be surprised to see the Lakers with a #1 pick and Raptors nowhere near top 10.

how the hell do you know this i thought they went by the last season or something.

gwrighter
08-08-2011, 12:03 AM

This has never happend before so anything is possible. But next years draft is looking to be a deep 1 so even landing @ 15 is decent.

beasted86
08-08-2011, 12:11 AM
how the hell do you know this i thought they went by the last season or something.

This has never happend before so anything is possible. But next years draft is looking to be a deep 1 so even landing @ 15 is decent.

I don't know 100% what's going to happen... but I assure you the owners with the fat wallets are not going to just hand over more lottery picks to the owners of losing teams.... as they are the ones who are losing money and have been pushing for this lockout. The owners who are making money would be potentially losing out on a season's worth of profits. Fresh off of losses in profits, they aren't going to just kick back and say "here are more lottery picks, thanks for cancelling our season we would have made money in".

The owners will eventually fight it out amongst themselves when they meet that bridge. But like I said, money talks... don't be surprised to see a NY or LA with a #1 pick and teams like the Raptors nowhere near it.

Cal827
08-08-2011, 12:19 AM

Although this probably would be the most fair way to distribute the assets, I doubt the NBA would do this... The draft is meant for weak teams to improve by drafting young talent with the potential to become a star... Think about a team like LA. They have won 2 of the last 3 NBA championships, and have gotten to 3 of the past 4 NBA finals... Yes, they might be in decline, but they are also one move away from being back at the very top (E.g. Dwight). You don't think that people would be mad if they had equal chances of getting a potential franchise player with teams like Cleveland, Toronto, Washington etc? People want parity in the League. As some would be annoyed if the past NBA champions select first overall based on equal odds.

I think that the NBA would either base it on the previous season, or do something similar to the NHL when they came back... focus on the teams past 2 or 3 seasons and give them lottery balls based on it... this way it gives the edge to the weaker teams to end up with lotto picks... For example, I'm not sure how much you know about hockey, but the perennial powerhouse in the NHL (Detroit Red Wings) only had one ball (just the one awarded to every team) in their post-lockout draft (due to their high playoff seedings and Stanley cup victories) while a team like Pittsburgh (due to their playoff failures over the previous seasons) had 3 or 4... Imagine if they had equal chances, and Detroit landed Sidney Crosby (a franchise center, if you haven't heard of him) over a team that lost 50+ games in past few seasons before. People would be pissed... and people would accuse Stern of rigging the lottery... just like in 1985, 2003, 2008, 2011.... lol

Also consider that Toronto is usually one of the more profitable franchises in the League because we have ownership that watches our cap amounts and we tend to go to games despite our teams records.... don't put us in the same category like some teams such as Cleveland, Atlanta, and Orlando, who spent wayy to much and now are crying about it lol....

It should be interesting to see what they do, but if the season is cancelled and they determine a draft, they might not want to alienate the already pissed off fans in the smaller markets (such as Milwaukee) and possibly lose a franchise or two... but then again, these owners are the definition of greed and I would bet that they wouldn't mind selling each other down the river if they can get a couple of bucks :facepalm:

Assuming that there's a season, I think Either Houston or Milwaukee will make the playoffs... if there's a year lost due to the strike... I'll say Washington.

Gators123
08-08-2011, 12:19 AM

The NBA doesn't even know how the draft will work if their isn't a season.

juno10
08-08-2011, 12:20 AM
I don't know 100% what's going to happen... but I assure you the owners with the fat wallets are not going to just hand over more lottery picks to the owners of losing teams.... as they are the ones who are losing money and have been pushing for this lockout. The owners who are making money would be potentially losing out on a season's worth of profits. Fresh off of losses in profits, they aren't going to just kick back and say "here are more lottery picks, thanks for cancelling our season we would have made money in".

The owners will eventually fight it out amongst themselves when they meet that bridge. But like I said, money talks... don't be surprised to see a NY or LA with a #1 pick and teams like the Raptors nowhere near it.

idk man thats how the nhl did it awhile back,

btw i know this doesn't mean much but raptors aren't losing money top 6 in operating income sorry had to bring that up only thing i can somewhat brag about as a raptors fan:(

rockets-fan
08-08-2011, 12:20 AM
i think its between two teams, and no im not being a homer i honestly believe this...

Utah- kanter will be really good and favors is gunna have a break out year imo...they are solid as anyone...

Houston- i just think how kyle lowry ended las year he will continue to improve and be the face of the franchise...and kevin has been healthy since he joined the rockets so with his scoring and lowry toughness, i dont see why the rockets cant make it...they were right there last season, i think they will just be better this next season

alencp3
08-08-2011, 05:25 AM
Clippers, Jazz and Wizards

P Styles
08-08-2011, 09:32 AM
The Nets can definitely make a 7th-8th seed with Deron for a full season. They also have to cap space to pick up some key pieces once the lockout ends.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Not my Minnesota T-Puppies

wjmoffatt
08-08-2011, 11:06 AM
East: Milwaukee makes it; Philly drops out if they trade A.I

West: Utah and Houston; New Orleans and Denver drop out

PHXfanCRO
08-08-2011, 11:58 AM
suns :$

bootsy
08-08-2011, 12:29 PM
East: Milwaukee makes it; Philly drops out if they trade A.I

West: Utah and Houston; New Orleans and Denver drop out

No. If they trade A.I. they are still a playoff team.

Ironman5219
08-08-2011, 12:53 PM
West Jazz:

I admit that I'm a Jazz fan but if they can stay healthy they have a solid line up
Harris, Hayward, Milsap, Favors, Jefferson
Rookies Burks and Kanter were both high lotto picks and will see a lot of playing time
Vets Miles and Bell and FA fillers fill out the roster. They should be fighting for at least the 7th or 8th seed this year.

The_Pharouh
08-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Warriors

ChiSox219
08-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Clippers, new Thunder

Sactown
08-08-2011, 02:03 PM
KINGS! t-t-teach me how to Jimmer..
If we miss the seasons the Kings will be screwed of a draft pick! <3 you Stern