PDA

View Full Version : Wade offered $2 million/month to play in China

dnewguy
08-05-2011, 10:48 AM
The Chengdu Daily is reporting that Chinese Basketball Association team Zhejiang Guangsha has offered the Miami Heat guard $2 million per month to play in Hangzhou, where Wade visited last week.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/report-links-wade-to-2-millionamonth-china-offer-538910.html

LongIslandIcedZ
08-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Wade is better than Kobe!

Shmontaine
08-05-2011, 10:59 AM
lol...

this is a direct response to the new rule coming out... wade will have to play the entire season, no opt out clause if the nba resumes... all chinese teams have to up their offers if they want nba players... won't help...

kobe would draw the same if not more publicity in china...

SteBO
08-05-2011, 11:15 AM
lol...

this is a direct response to the new rule coming out... wade will have to play the entire season, no opt out clause if the nba resumes... all chinese teams have to up their offers if they want nba players... won't help...

Exactly.

nygiants242
08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
That's a nice amount of cash. He obviously won't take it though.

sixer04fan
08-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Do it! Don't be a *****!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
now dnewguy is trying to bait laker fans hmmmm.....

Dade County
08-05-2011, 11:40 AM
This is just the introduction phase of what's about to happen...

Phase 2 is in progress ( phase 1 was the lock out )

It's not about individual players people, it's about one day an NBA team will be playing regular season games overseas. So that those nations people can actually see these great players play in person, (not just every 2 to 4yrs) this will change sports as we know it.

The future is almost here.

Basketball is already globalized, but just imagine a new league; Where yearly international competition is the norm. This will create heated rivalries on a world wide skill, this will bring in millions of new fans instantly.

I wonder which NBA team will take on that challenge "ummm"... Maybe the one that everybody loves to hate. Maybe thats why they were created.

Conspiracy Theorist ... :p

smith&wesson
08-05-2011, 12:18 PM
he should play till november and come back.

OnslaughtXX6
08-05-2011, 12:38 PM
His international popularity will skyrocket if he takes this contract.

dolfan2909
08-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Exactly.

You do know that davone bess is number 15 and Roberto Wallace is 18 right?

Chacarron
08-05-2011, 01:03 PM

I thought he was already doing so in previous threads. :shrug:

SteBO
08-05-2011, 01:34 PM
You do know that davone bess is number 15 and Roberto Wallace is 18 right?

Yes I do know that, but I couldn't care less. I found it on advanced google images and liked it, so it doesn't matter to me.

RZZZA
08-05-2011, 01:46 PM
ooooh, Chengdu. The ancienct capital of Liu Bei's Han Kingdom.

I'd go there for sure, China is such an interesting place and Sichuan province, Cheng du would be an interesting place to visit.

oh he'd play in Hangzhou, not chengdu. Oh well. should still do it

Shmontaine
08-05-2011, 01:55 PM
ooooh, Chengdu. The ancienct capital of Liu Bei's Han Kingdom.

I'd go there for sure, China is such an interesting place and Sichuan province, Cheng du would be an interesting place to visit.

oh he'd play in Hangzhou, not chengdu. Oh well. should still do it

as a bulls fan, i would love to see him accept... i just don't see him giving up on the entire nba season (the heat, Lebron, & bosh) after all the hoopla of 2010-11...

Cano4prez
08-05-2011, 01:56 PM

New and interesting this is

RZZZA
08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
why would he have to give up an NBA season? They're paying him monthly. It's like a highly paid summer vacation in China.

Shmontaine
08-05-2011, 02:02 PM
why would he have to give up an NBA season? They're paying him monthly. It's like a highly paid summer vacation in China.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2011-07/nba-overseas/story/new-rule-could-prevent-nba-players-from-heading-to-china

“The CBA isn’t the NBA’s backyard,” an anonymous league source told Sina Sports. “If we didn’t make a rule about players playing here temporarily, then they’d all just leave in the middle of the season. That would affect our season greatly.”

An official statement from the CBA probably won’t come until a policy meeting in August, according to the report.

“I think trying to attract superstar players to the league isn’t a good thing,” Ye Xiangyu, GM of Zhejiang Guangsha, said. “Once they leave, there won’t be any players left on the market. That would affect a team across all aspects.”

A rule prohibiting out-clauses would make it extremely unlikely that an NBA star would want to play in China. And in light of a FIBA ruling that out clauses must be included in overseas deals signed by NBA players, it could effectively prevent players under NBA contracts from going to China.

RZZZA
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
it's in everybodys best interest to have that out-clause for big NBA stars like Wade and Kobe, I think.

there's still a lot of money to be made off these guys if they come over with an out-clause in their contract, the alternative is to not have them come over at all, and nobody benefits then

Trace
08-05-2011, 02:15 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2011-07/nba-overseas/story/new-rule-could-prevent-nba-players-from-heading-to-china

this sounds reasonable.

Bruno
08-05-2011, 08:46 PM
lol...

x2.

Get ready for some serious stone-walling.

shep33
08-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah, he has to stay there the entire chinese season if he decides to do this. Probably won't, unless he wants the money.

LakersIn5
08-05-2011, 11:09 PM
he would be earning 24mil a year. DO IT WADE!