08-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Melo is to Lebron
As Carter was to Kobe

Through 8 seasons:

Carter averaged around 23.6 ppg. on .529 ts%

65.8 win shares and .152 per 48

Melo has 24.8ppg on .545 ts%

56.6 win shares and 0.126 per 48

In his time in toronto he only got out the 1st round once, in his 2nd season in NJ he did get out the 1st round but only b/c of Jkidd.

i think adding Chris Paul to the knicks would have an eerily similiar effect, lol. :D

starksforthree
08-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Btw, I had to do some seriously ****** grunt work with the calculator to get those figures for VC so respect! lol ;.

Kashmir13579
08-04-2011, 04:02 AM
You could've compared 'Melo and Kobe's first 8 years if you were only looking at TS%.

Interesting comparison, but i think 'Melo has more in common with Paul Pierce than he does Vince Carter.

starksforthree
08-04-2011, 04:12 AM
You could've compared 'Melo and Kobe's first 8 years if you were only looking at TS%.

Interesting comparison, but i think 'Melo has more in common with Paul Pierce than he does Vince Carter.

Lol, um huh? How was I only lookin at TS% man?

Need glasses bro? :facepalm: ;.

Pay me 10 bucks and I'll do it, but those figures are a freakin godamm pain in the *** to do hah. ;)

Kashmir13579
08-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Pay me 10 bucks and I'll do it, but those figures are a freakin godamm pain in the *** to do hah. ;)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/

Much easier than using a calculator.

MTar786
08-04-2011, 05:00 AM
pierce never got the recognition he deserved back then.. but everyone thought the sg list went like this

kobe
ai
tmac
vince

pierce
ray allen

eventually it was

kobe
tmac
ai

pierce
allen
vince

i know pierce played the 3.. but was considered the same anyway

Chronz
08-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Melo is to Lebron
As Carter was to Kobe

Through 8 seasons:

Carter averaged around 23.6 ppg. on .529 ts%

65.8 win shares and .152 per 48

Melo has 24.8ppg on .545 ts%

56.6 win shares and 0.126 per 48
I thought you were comparing the gap between Bron-Melo to the gap between VC and Kobe for whatever odd reason somebody would want to do that. BTW VC has a TS% of .531 through 8 Seasons.

As for your comparison its clear the #'s favor VC but lets give Melo some credit here, VC was already 22 his rookie year, his development SHOULD be quicker. That Melo is putting up comparable stats despite being 3 years behind in his development is a more impressive career achievement. Not that this really tells you anything because Vince had such an inconsistent/injury plagued career. VC at his best was CLEARLY better than Melo but Id rather have a reliably healthy Melo throughout 8 years.

In his time in toronto he only got out the 1st round once, in his 2nd season in NJ he did get out the 1st round but only b/c of Jkidd.
Yea but you cant discount his first season with the Nets, it represents a greater stretch of sustained excellence under pressure than anything Melo has ever faced.

I wish uuords were still here to get this point across but what VC did in that stretch with the Nets was legendary. The Nets were a 9-16 team when Vince joined them, they were 12-21 when RJ was lost (on top of Zo).

The notion that the Nets could even make the playoffs was ridiculous given that Kidd was still recovering from MF, so its not as if he led them there.
For the 2nd half of the season VC was basically the 2nd best player in the game. Down the stretch with EVERY GAME being a MUST WIN, Vince averaged 32 on 50% shooting (48. 3P%) for the 8Win month of April.

i think adding Chris Paul to the knicks would have an eerily similiar effect, lol. :D
Yea but then Melo wouldnt be leading them

xcvnxcvxcvxhc
08-04-2011, 07:20 AM
very good web: === http://www.bingstore.us

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike, jordan, prada, also including the jeans, shirts, bags, hat and the decorations.
All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment., After the payment, can ship within short time.

We will give you a discount

WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT

YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

=== http://www.bingstore.us

thank you!!!

Believe you will love it.

We have good reputation, fashion products,

come here quickly== http://www.bingstore.us

Opportunity knocks but once

Evolution23
08-04-2011, 07:21 AM
They play 2 different positions.

Evolution23
08-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Carter was always seen as a player that relied on his jumpshot instead of developing a complete offensive game. He had the talent and skill to be one of the greats but he lacked the mental toughness to get it done when it counted.

oak2455
08-04-2011, 07:30 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/

Much easier than using a calculator.

I think you scared him away.....:D

Evolution23
08-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Can't believe this guy used a calculator. That's just funny!

starksforthree
08-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Lol, actually he didn't "scare" jack crap away, hah, that's just ******** to say man.

I actually have *somewhat* of a life, I'll post here from time to time but it's not like I give a stitch about some random pm's or messages, lol.

Also, I did a calculator b/c I'm smart and I like to show my work rather than just talking alot of ****.

Lastly, I obv. didn't/don't know about that site part, but who the hell knows how to use that damn thing, it's confuzzling as all damn hell...

W/e's.

Btw - to say anything VC has done is "legenday" is bullspit, excuse my language. ;.

That's like saying what Amare did in the 2nd half of the season for Pheonix 2 years ago was "legenday" which is freakin ridiculous, lol.

I actually think Pierce side to side with Marshmeloman is a good idea. :cool:

starksforthree
08-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Lol, just ran this for fun I guess...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=cartevi01&y1=2007&p2=piercpa01&y2=2007

Pierce vs. Carter is eerily similiar, like seriously. Almost equal.... :./

Evolution23
08-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Lol, actually he didn't "scare" jack crap away, hah, that's just ******** to say man.

I actually have *somewhat* of a life, I'll post here from time to time but it's not like I give a stitch about some random pm's or messages, lol.

Also, I did a calculator b/c I'm smart and I like to show my work rather than just talking alot of ****.

Lastly, I obv. didn't/don't know about that site part, but who the hell knows how to use that damn thing, it's confuzzling as all damn hell...

W/e's.

Btw - to say anything VC has done is "legenday" is bullspit, excuse my language. ;.

That's like saying what Amare did in the 2nd half of the season for Pheonix 2 years ago was "legenday" which is freakin ridiculous, lol.

Go look up the answer to this question on your calculator. U mad? :D

Slade123
08-04-2011, 09:45 AM

W/e's.

You say you have a life but then you go ahead and do calculations about two basketball players. :eyebrow:

Chronz
08-04-2011, 11:19 AM
you guys are trolling the OP hard, and yes VC was LEGENDARY during several stretches, I have never seen Melo do anything like that.

Chronz
08-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Carter was always seen as a player that relied on his jumpshot instead of developing a complete offensive game. He had the talent and skill to be one of the greats but he lacked the mental toughness to get it done when it counted.
This makes no sense, how can a player who came into the league as a slasher with limited range be known as not developing his complete game considering he ADDED that range to his attack.

His offensive game was beautiful, he began settling for the jumper after the injuries mounted, which is BTW what people expect from players as they age (to improve their J and reduce wear and tear).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM
VC in his prime was easily better than Melo, cmon people.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM

did you see the young carter?

maddBat
08-04-2011, 11:35 AM

W/e's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRuWTn9p8qY so ur saying that isnt legendary? VC was THE mann n 1 of the most entertaining dunkers the nba has ever seen.