PDA

View Full Version : Switching big 3

lorenz00
08-02-2011, 10:57 PM
BIG Three(Wade,Bosh,James) of the Miami Heat Switch to LA Big Three (Bryant,Gasol,Bynum)

What do you guys think will be the result of this?

Does Lakers Big 3 which is Bosh,Wade,James Will win? or does Miami Big 3 win, which is (Bryant,Gasol,Bynum)

Lakers Roster
Derrick Fisher/Steve Blake
Dwayne Wade/ Shanon Brown
Lebron James/ Matt Barnes/ Ron Ron
Odom/ Devin Ebanks
Bosh/Theo Ratliff

Vs

Heat Roster
Mario Chalmers/Mike Bibby
Kobe Bryant / Eddie House
James Jones / Mike Miller
Pau Gasol / Udonis Haslem
Andrew Bynum / Joel Anthony / Erik Dampier

Who would win? and Chances of their NBA champion?

RLundi
08-02-2011, 11:01 PM
New Lakers will win. Bryant, Gasol and Bynum are worse than LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Not only that but the Heat have a pathetic supporting cast.

Lakers with Heat's big 3 win easily.

Hellcrooner
08-02-2011, 11:03 PM
new heat wins and probably wins it all, it gives them what they lacked a REAL center

TheRunKiller
08-02-2011, 11:14 PM
whatever team has wade bosh & lebron

lorenz00
08-02-2011, 11:21 PM
The thing is that NEW(Lakers) Front court is really weak, i aint bias but i would have to go new heat , because its more of a complete team to me!

Sixerlover
08-02-2011, 11:26 PM
New Heat suddenly have a devastating front court. But I'm still going with Wade / Bron / Bosh..

LeBron has pretty much owned Kobe since 2008 in head to heat matchups (5 of the last 6?) so I'm still taking him

HouRealCoach
08-02-2011, 11:28 PM
New Heat actually have players that can hold defense and also BAckup big men... Bosh, Ebanks and Odom just wont do it Im sorry

Kobes a Killer
08-02-2011, 11:53 PM
New heat have what current lakers lack; shooters!!! Good shooters at that, jones miller and chalmers was proving late last season he can knock down the 3 ball. Also new heat have a defensive point guard something current lakers lack. New lakers have same problems they had on the heat lack of size, and on top of that they lost their shooters. New heat all day long, call me a laker homer all you want, you know I'm right

Kashmir13579
08-03-2011, 12:00 AM
New heat have what current lakers lack; shooters!!! Good shooters at that, jones miller and chalmers was proving late last season he can knock down the 3 ball. Also new heat have a defensive point guard something current lakers lack. New lakers have same problems they had on the heat lack of size, and on top of that they lost their shooters. New heat all day long, call me a laker homer all you want, you know I'm right

The only shooter they are trading is Kobe. :confused:

I don't think i saw Miller made a shot btw. I'm sure he did, but i must have been looking away from the T.V during those handful of possessions.

beasted86
08-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Assuming everyone is healthy on both teams, New Heat IMO wins the matchup, barely. They have better front court depth, but would get terrorized on the wings by Wade & LeBron, so I could just as easily rule this the opposite way. Kobe would have to be their defensive stopper as Miller & Jones are barely average. Bynum would have to go into defense mode, and stop looking for offense... which is a hard thing to get him to commit into that role, he needs touches or he seems unmotivated.

I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be, but who is coaching each team?

Also to add, I think neither team would be favored to win the championship. Both could, but neither would be favored. New Lakers would have to run uptempo, and that doesn't work in the playoffs. New Heat have no defense on perimeter which you really need precise rotations in the playoffs and 1 on 1 defenders. Either could not beat the Mavs IMO.

Hellcrooner
08-03-2011, 12:43 AM
New Heat IMO wins the matchup. They have better front court depth, but would get terrorized on the wings by Wade & LeBron. Kobe would have to be their defensive stopper as Miller & Jones are barely average.

problem is whatever abuse lebron makes on jones will be countered because odom and bosh would not hold pau and bynum.

add that fisher is probably the WORST defensive Pg in the game now, chandler would run circles around him forcing wade to help him leaving a highway to kobe every possesion.

beasted86
08-03-2011, 12:55 AM
problem is whatever abuse lebron makes on jones will be countered because odom and bosh would not hold pau and bynum.

add that fisher is probably the WORST defensive Pg in the game now, chandler would run circles around him forcing wade to help him leaving a highway to kobe every possesion.

Chalmers has improved on offense through the playoffs, but I don't think he's 'running circles' around anyone. But overall I slightly favor the New Heat because assuming everyone is healthy, they are more balanced.

Then again, as I edited my response... I'm not so sure how awesome LeBron & Wade would be under a legit offense by Phil Jackson, or how ballhogish Kobe becomes once he no longer has a guided gameplan by Spoelstra's "just play" offensive schemes at times.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-03-2011, 01:05 AM
whatever team has wade bosh & lebron

The team that had LeBron, Wade, and Bosh lost in the Finals this past year.

naps
08-03-2011, 01:13 AM
New Lakers will win a series by 4-0.

Let's put it this way. Would you take--

1. Blake, Brown, Artest, Odom, Ratlif

OR

2. Chalmers, House, Miller, UD, Joel?

Obviously option 1.

Kobe-Gasol-Bynum couldn't even beat LeBron-Wade-Bosh even after playing with option 1 (Lakers supporting cast). How on earth they would beat LeBron-Wade-Bosh when they will have Lakers supporting cast with them? Not to mention LeBron-Wade-Bosh>>Kobe-Gasol-Bynum.

RaJAxTWa
08-03-2011, 01:54 AM
i would like the better question of switching the lakers big 3 with the celtics big 3 more of a debate IMO its the new lakers team for sure btw

RaJAxTWa
08-03-2011, 02:05 AM
cause the reason why the lakers are good is because of their depth..if u say the new heat team u obviously are a heat hater and i am one too but im atleast admitting to the heat big 3 with the lakers depth is unstoppable they would be a dynasty then

beasted86
08-03-2011, 03:22 AM
New Lakers will win a series by 4-0.

Let's put it this way. Would you take--

1. Blake, Brown, Artest, Odom, Ratlif

OR

2. Chalmers, House, Miller, UD, Joel?

Obviously option 1.

I think those rosters are mostly equal if everyone is healthy. Artest, Brown, and Blake are overrated, and living off past reputation (Brown is just overrated).

But, the flaw of the above New Lakers depth chart (excluding Odom because he is the starter in the above scenario) is their depth is at the wings and guards where Wade & LeBron are. They have no backup PF, and a weaker backup C (Anthony >>> Ratliff). Get Bosh in foul trouble, and I realistically don't see how the New Lakers box out and score on the inside.

playmaker_41
08-03-2011, 04:17 AM
i hate both these teams...

Yanks All Day
08-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Well, Andrew Bynum would obviously get injured at some point, so it's kind of like trading Wade-LBJ-Bosh for Kobe and Pau, meaning the new Lakers win handily.

todu82
08-03-2011, 12:38 PM
The Heat would win.

Storch
08-03-2011, 01:20 PM
The new Lakers win it for me. Bron wade and bosh would thrive under a real coach in phil jackson.

naps
08-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I think those rosters are mostly equal if everyone is healthy. Artest, Brown, and Blake are overrated, and living off past reputation (Brown is just overrated).

But, the flaw of the above New Lakers depth chart (excluding Odom because he is the starter in the above scenario) is their depth is at the wings and guards where Wade & LeBron are. They have no backup PF, and a weaker backup C (Anthony >>> Ratliff). Get Bosh in foul trouble, and I realistically don't see how the New Lakers box out and score on the inside.

How did the Heat (Bosh and Joel) beat Gaosl and Bynum last season twice? I mean Bosh flat out dominated the Lakers front court during their 2 meetings last season (24 ppg/11 rpg). And both time without UD. Mean Bosh-Juwan f'king Howard-Joel dominated Gasol-Bynum-Odom for christ sake.

Bosh-Odom is faaaaaaaaar better than Bosh-Joel. I don't see the difference except new Lakers having more depth everywhere.

Da Knicks
08-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Size matters a team with Pau, Bynum, J-Anthony, Haslem would make life hard for the smaller pf trying to defend. I say the new Heat team not big three would win, Bosh at center is just a big no no.

naps
08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Size matters a team with Pau, Bynum, J-Anthony, Haslem would make life hard for the smaller pf trying to defend. I say the new Heat team not big three would win, Bosh at center is just a big no no.

See my post above. Lakers front court dept was not a problem for undersized Miami front court last season.

naps
08-03-2011, 01:49 PM
And top of that new Lakers' perimeter D will simply suffocate the opponents.

Da Knicks
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM
See my post above. Lakers front court dept was not a problem for undersized Miami front court last season.

You are not considering fisher being the pg and being a very slow defender who would get beat and not have Pau and Bynum there to bail him out. Two small forwards playing pf and c is not a recipe for success, i know that Bosh and Odom are tall but they are just not bangers by any means. Chalmers would help the heat out by being able to keep his man in front of him and eventhough he is very overrated Kobe would not have to waste too much energy on d.

naps
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
You are not considering fisher being the pg and being a very slow defender who would get beat and not have Pau and Bynum there to bail him out. Two small forwards playing pf and c is not a recipe for success, i know that Bosh and Odom are tall but they are just not bangers by any means. Chalmers would help the heat out by being able to keep his man in front of him and eventhough he is very overrated Kobe would not have to waste too much energy on d.

please take a look at both teams perimeter and then talk. It's not even close. And about front court if Bosh-Joel can beat Gasol-Bynum 2 times out of 2 times, then Bosh-Odom can them rather easily. Bosh dominated the Lakers front court last season (24/11).

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-03-2011, 02:15 PM
New Lakers. I like their depth more than the new Heat.