PDA

View Full Version : Who is the softest player in the NBA?

Stack_NJNets
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Who do you think is the biggest baby or overall softest player in the NBA?

Things to take into consideration:

1) Injury prone
2) Rebounds per game for their position
3) Public criticism of their organization
4) Toughness (obviously, but things such as screen setting ability)
5) How they use their height advantage
6) Reaction to official's calls
7) Heart, and if they try for what their contract is worth

Couldn't add a poll sorry.

Here's some players I found people think to be soft :

Brook Lopez
Andrea Bargnani
Kevin Durant
Pau Gasol
Yi Jianlian
Mike Dunleavy
Chris Bosh
Vince Carter
Charlie Villanueva
Rashard Lewis....what a contract..

NOT IN ANY ORDER!

juno10
08-01-2011, 04:30 PM
andrea bargnani by far imo

Gators123
08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Bargnani

Sadds The Gr8
08-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Barfnani

Stack_NJNets
08-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Sorry about the poll, "You can only add a poll to a thread within 10 minutes of submitting it."

ewmania
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
jared jeffries

Stack_NJNets
08-01-2011, 04:42 PM
I'll take Bargnani, the guy is 7ft and never takes it in the post. Brookie Monster took it to him in London.

Rego247
08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Rupaul and Bargs.

BrahCake954
08-01-2011, 04:45 PM
kobe is soft

talks the most **** but gets *** kicked by skinny dudes

Evolution23
08-01-2011, 04:47 PM

1) Injury prone

Here's some players:

Brook Lopez
Andrea Bargnani
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Pau Gasol
Yi Jianlian
Mike Dunleavy
Chris Bosh
Vince Carter
Charlie Villanueva

I need to defend my guy here. We will use your scale here to measure if he is "soft."

1) Injury prone - No
2) Rebounds per game for their position - One of the elite rebounders in the game at the sf position
3) Public criticism of their organization- The criticism of the Knicks is not as heavy as it was prior to Amare and Carmelo arriving.
4) Toughness (obviously, but things such as screen setting ability)- I think he is tough but if you mean regarding his defense than you may have a case but only in his Denver days. In his short Knick season Carmelo has played decent to good defense.
5) How they use their height advantage- Complete offensive player that can shoot, postup, go left or right.
6) Reaction to official's calls- Rarely see him losing his cool, hence the name "melo"
7) Heart, and if they try for what their contract is worth- One of the best closers in the game, never afraid of crunch time.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Knicks fans have already arrived:laugh2:

Evolution23
08-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Knicks fans have already arrived:laugh2:

That's right

asandhu23
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
kobe is soft

you must be a lebron fan. how about LeBron whining about fouls after every shot and every possession.

Evolution23
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
andrea bargnani by far imo

dam you Toronto people really hate Bargs. I think he's actually really good, he's just asked to do too much on a team without any stars. If he went to contending team, he could help them win a ring for sure.

Lo Porto
08-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm taking Pau Gasol.

1. He doesn't miss many games, but always has something ailing.
2. Good rebounder.
3. Public criticism - I don't know how this makes someone soft.
4. Toughness - if he wasn't pushed by Kobe, how tough would he be?
5. Height - He's decent here.
6. Reaction to officials - this category on both ends he's the softest big man in the league. He cries when he's barely fouled and cries loudly even when he blatantly fouls. He's the worst big man in the league at crying for what's done to him then crying for getting called for much worse he does to others.
7. Heart - questionable

Ebbs
08-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I think Bargs is near the top.

JayAllDay
08-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Andray Blatche

and it's not even close

3mikee_
08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Andrea Bargnani...never seen a 7 footer average 4 rebounds per game...embarassing

Slimsim
08-01-2011, 05:07 PM
surprised to see Durant on this list but i Guess i go with Bargs

Da Knicks
08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I need to defend my guy here. We will use your scale here to measure if he is "soft."

1) Injury prone - No
2) Rebounds per game for their position - One of the elite rebounders in the game at the sf position
3) Public criticism of their organization- The criticism of the Knicks is not as heavy as it was prior to Amare and Carmelo arriving.
4) Toughness (obviously, but things such as screen setting ability)- I think he is tough but if you mean regarding his defense than you may have a case but only in his Denver days. In his short Knick season Carmelo has played decent to good defense.
5) How they use their height advantage- Complete offensive player that can shoot, postup, go left or right.
6) Reaction to official's calls- Rarely see him losing his cool, hence the name "melo"
7) Heart, and if they try for what their contract is worth- One of the best closers in the game, never afraid of crunch time.

X10 Melo is nothing close to soft, players always talk about how strong he is. Numerous players have said that Melo is one of the strongest players and there is a reason why many call his game bully ball.

ILMindState
08-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Chris Posh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHbiQlPGpQU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15tSDz2c6pA
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27082110

Korman12
08-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Anyone who averages north of 9 rpg shouldn't be considered softer than Bargnani or Calderon,

Knicks21
08-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Melo, Bosh, and Durant should not be on the list.

Dash
08-01-2011, 05:22 PM
LeBron. jk

Bosh.

DoMeFavors
08-01-2011, 05:31 PM
To the OP your list is really bad...
The names on your lists are awful.

coryd238
08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Lol, another example of ignorant Melo hate. Melo is nowhere close to soft. The answer is obviously Bargnani.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Carmelo isn't soft but he is incredibly overrated and is a *****.

Pau Gasol
Chris Bosh
Andrea Bargnani
Brook Lopez
Dwyane Wade (top 5 player but he is such a *****)

smith&wesson
08-01-2011, 06:10 PM

1) Injury prone - No

let me start by saying melo is one of my top fav player in the game. also new york is one 2nd fav team in the nba. just so you know im not hating. melo is my guy too.

BUT when he was in denver a recall him slapping channing frye from behind and then running away as channing frye ran after him. you dont slap someone from behind and then run away.

i still love melo. but i wasnt expecting that from him. it doesnt make him soft but that was a ***** move.

smith&wesson
08-01-2011, 06:13 PM
any ways im a raptor fan but im gonna go ahead and say it. bargnani is probably the softest for his size in terms of rebounding, man on man d, help d, shot blocking and , providing an eterior presence.. he simply sux at those things and they are all things that a player at his position is required to do. he is a good offensive player but he just cant do anything right on the defensive end of the floor.

smith&wesson
08-01-2011, 06:17 PM

Pau Gasol
Chris Bosh
Andrea Bargnani
Brook Lopez

How is carmelo over rated ?

RLundi
08-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Dwight Howard. For all those muscles and powerful dunks, he's never been in any real altercation with another player. Plus he smiles too much.

Of course, I could just be bitter because he's gone after this season.

RLundi
08-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Chris Posh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHbiQlPGpQU

The first comment on this video:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

GodsSon
08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Anyone who averages north of 9 rpg shouldn't be considered softer than Bargnani or Calderon,

Explain to me how Calderon is soft?

Slimsim
08-01-2011, 06:40 PM

just let it go

sventhedog
08-01-2011, 06:50 PM
oden?

jimbobjarree
08-01-2011, 07:00 PM
may as well put Boozer on there. Injury prone, moans and yelps out on the court and severely lacks heart.

hes a bruiser though, which is why he's such an enigma.

Stack_NJNets
08-01-2011, 07:06 PM

1) Injury prone - No

I didn't mean he is soft. You make a valid point as far as on the court. He was a baby while leaving denver though. I shall take him off the softee list.

NFLinLA
08-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Kevin Durant.. dude can barely bench 100 lbs thats soft to me..

GoPacers33
08-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Andrea B

GhostfaceDrilla
08-01-2011, 08:32 PM

What has he done in the playoffs? He's played with Chauncey Billups and Amare and has gotten no where. He is no where near the level of Dirk, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Howard, etc... He is around the 17-22 range. Doesn't even defend and is a chucker.

THE GIPPER
08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
anyone who says melo is soft just does not know what kind of player he is. he thrives in the post and by being more physical than his opponent.

and bargnani is the softest player in the nba

THE GIPPER
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
What has he done in the playoffs? He's played with Chauncey Billups and Amare and has gotten no where. He is no where near the level of Dirk, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Howard, etc... He is around the 17-22 range. Doesn't even defend and is a chucker.

ok so he played with a washed up chauncey, and didnt have amare for this years playoffs. and btw, you mentioned dirk later in your post, what happened the last time melo and dirk met in the playoffs?

GodsSon
08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Now that I think about it, you can add Beasley to this list.

Dade County
08-01-2011, 09:31 PM

Pau Gasol
Chris Bosh
Andrea Bargnani
Brook Lopez

D Wade is a Top 2 in the league ... pimp'in! Get it right.

The first comment on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHbiQlPGpQU

WTF!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh:

THE GIPPER
08-01-2011, 09:39 PM

bahahhaaha

ghettosean
08-01-2011, 09:45 PM

1) Injury prone

Here's some players:

Brook Lopez
Andrea Bargnani
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Pau Gasol
Yi Jianlian
Mike Dunleavy
Chris Bosh
Vince Carter
Charlie Villanueva
Vincent Lamar Carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42F801aTDLI

LOL

ghettosean
08-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Listen to the audio on this second clip (You'll have to turn the volume loud audio is cr@p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0SKOYZHbAk

llemon
08-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Vincent Lamar Carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42F801aTDLI

LOL

What a terrible thing to say about the idol of millions.

ghettosean
08-01-2011, 10:28 PM
LOL... He doesn't even need anyone to touch him to get hurt... LOL... Though I truly think he got injured on that play it's just funny because of how many times he's faked injuries in the past.

sventhedog
08-01-2011, 10:42 PM
depends on how people look at it. for fans bosh is sensitive. but for others, i don't even want to say what bosh is. lol. bosh is pretty soft though.

beasted86
08-01-2011, 10:50 PM

Pau Gasol
Chris Bosh
Andrea Bargnani
Brook Lopez
Cool, that's the first time I've seen someone go out on a limb and call Wade soft.

Your all alone on that front, so I'll say it takes either guts or blind hatred.

zhonguks
08-01-2011, 10:56 PM
input this URL: ★ http://www.jordanforworld.com ★
The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike, jordan, prada, also including the jeans, shirts, bags, hat and the decorations.

All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment., After the payment, can ship within short time.

3 free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the pyapal

==== http://www.jordanforworld.com ===

exquisite watches 75$

90X Extreme Fitness System ONLY ONLY 42 $$$$$$$

jordan shoes $ 32

nike shox $ 32

Christan Audigier bikini $ 23

Ed Hardy Bikini $ 23

Sm ful short_t-shirt_woman $ 15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $ 16

Sandal $ 32

christian louboutin $ 80

Sunglass $ 15

COACH_Necklace $ 27

handbag $ 33

AF tank woman $ 17

puma slipper woman $ 30

90X Extreme Fitness System ONLY ONLY 42 $$$$$$$

Believe you will love it.

we will give you a big discount

Opportunity knocks but once

welcome to: ==== http://www.jordanforworld.com ====

Hellcrooner
08-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Pau Gasol

1) Injury prone NO
2) Rebounds per game for their position GOOD REBOUNDER
3) Public criticism of their organization Never
4) Toughness (obviously, but things such as screen setting ability) if toughness = Dirtiness , throwing elbows and talking smack then he is Soft.
5) How they use their height advantage More thatn Well
6) Reaction to official's calls : Rage
7) Heart, and if they try for what their contract is worth : SOmetimes.

5-2

soft my ***.

beasted86
08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
As a Heat fan I will admit Bosh is one of the softer players in the NBA, but surely not the softest... not even in the top 5.

My recipe for toughness/softness involves these categories-

Reaction to physical play/ability to take contact
Ability to rebound and box out
Willingness to play through injury
Complaining to refs
Willingness to be scrappy and take chippy play from opponents
Heart
Mental toughness to play up to ability in adverse situations

With those categories in mind, Bosh does grade down on a few, but grades very solid in others.

Top 3 softest players has to be Bargnani, Yi, and to get away from bigs, Peja, and of course I have to throw Wince Carter a shout out.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Cool, that's the first time I've seen someone go out on a limb and call Wade soft.

Your all alone on that front, so I'll say it takes either guts or blind hatred.

Yes I hate Wade alot but it has nothing to do with my reasoning.

Wheelchair for a shoulder injury.
Makes fun of Dirk for having a flu like temperature and playing through it only to leave for a while the following game when he simply bumped into Brian Cardinal.
Too much drama queen bull ****.

Dirk has been called soft when he has in fact played through multiple twisted ankles, a few injuries in the Finals which he hit game winners both times, and had teeth lodged in his elbow and would have played had doctors not forced him to leave.

Wade is great. Just a puss.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Pau Gasol

1) Injury prone NO
2) Rebounds per game for their position GOOD REBOUNDER
3) Public criticism of their organization Never
4) Toughness (obviously, but things such as screen setting ability) if toughness = Dirtiness , throwing elbows and talking smack then he is Soft.
5) How they use their height advantage More thatn Well
6) Reaction to official's calls : Rage
7) Heart, and if they try for what their contract is worth : SOmetimes.

5-2

soft my ***.

Every time he drives the lane, he flails like he has been shot. Basically cries everytime an official calls him for something.

He is SOFT.

Hellcrooner
08-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Every time he drives the lane, he flails like he has been shot. Basically cries everytime an official calls him for something.

He is SOFT.

well if he got star calls falling his way he wouldnt complain.

btu he doesnt in fact defenders are allowed to hack him at will with no calls against them.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-02-2011, 12:39 AM
well if he got star calls falling his way he wouldnt complain.

btu he doesnt in fact defenders are allowed to hack him at will with no calls against them.

Doesn't change the fact that he is still soft.

mmmmcheeeese
08-02-2011, 12:41 AM
pau "please don't touch me" gasol

Avenged
08-02-2011, 12:45 AM
kobe is soft

LMAO. what? Is kobe fat now or something?

Kinkotheclown
08-02-2011, 12:52 AM
ET i mean Bosh

Chi StateOfMind
08-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Carlos Boozer

Tanakid777
08-02-2011, 01:04 AM
ok so he played with a washed up chauncey, and didnt have amare for this years playoffs. and btw, you mentioned dirk later in your post, what happened the last time melo and dirk met in the playoffs?

Dirk averaged 29 and 10 while his fiancee was being exposed as a thief and arrested, and his teammates couldn't do as much as commit a foul correctly (Antoine Wright I'm looking at you). lol but Melo did beast in thay series. his D was good too

29$JerZ
08-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Jared Jeffries
No contest

heyman321
08-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Bargnani. He's trash!!! Trade him please.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Darko, aka, "The big vagina" Milicic. I have never seen a 7' footer turn so many 3 footers into 8' fallaways....

GiantsSwaGG
08-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Paul Gasol it's not even close.

Kobe comes second...

Fnom11
08-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Pau Gasol, Bargainai or Yi Jianlian

Yi is actually pretty strong and I've never really seem him do anything strong in a game

KadeB
08-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Skip Bayless would say Pau Gasoft.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Paussy Gasol.

Giraffes Rule
08-02-2011, 01:47 AM
The most popular player on that team I don't like, obviously.

PrettyBoyJ
08-02-2011, 01:50 AM
How is Melo soft? They call him a "bully" on the court -_-

Stuckey#3
08-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Softest? Brook Lopez (all that size and athleticism and nothing to show for it)
Floppiest? Manu
Girliest? Kyle Korver
Best Actor? Paul Pierce (one time he faked his death in the first quarter... the celtics had a funeral service at half time... then in the fourth he came back to win the game without even limping.)

Sadds The Gr8
08-02-2011, 01:54 AM

:laugh:

PacersForLife
08-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Softest? Brook Lopez (all that size and athleticism and nothing to show for it)
Floppiest? Manu
Girliest? Kyle Korver
Best Actor? Paul Pierce (one time he faked his death in the first quarter... the celtics had a funeral service at half time... then in the fourth he came back to win the game without even limping.)

I agree with these two, Kyle Korver and some other guys on the Bulls think they are tough, but won't do anything when it really comes down to it (Joakim Noah for example), not saying Joakim is soft though... he will do stuff in games to make you mad and then when the other player does something back he will run away and try and get you in trouble for it. Just look at the Pacers vs. Bulls series last year. :eyebrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Id0BM9JBM

PacersForLife
08-02-2011, 04:24 AM
Dwight Howard. For all those muscles and powerful dunks, he's never been in any real altercation with another player. Plus he smiles too much.

Of course, I could just be bitter because he's gone after this season.

I like Dwight, I think he could destroy basically anybody in the league if he really wanted to or had to. He has a personality though, where he doesn't want to cause any altercations and just play the game and you gotta respect that too. I agree though, he hasn't really been an any kind of altercations throughout his career at least nothing serious.

Yanks All Day
08-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Europe and every player it has sent to us.

Bruno
08-02-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm taking Pau Gasol.

2. Good rebounder.
6. Reaction to officials - this category on both ends he's the softest big man in the league. He cries when he's barely fouled and cries loudly even when he blatantly fouls. He's the worst big man in the league at crying for what's done to him then crying for getting called for much worse he does to others.
7. Heart - questionable
Not after this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qka2CQfL04

Evolution23
08-02-2011, 05:50 AM
let me start by saying melo is one of my top fav player in the game. also new york is one 2nd fav team in the nba. just so you know im not hating. melo is my guy too.

BUT when he was in denver a recall him slapping channing frye from behind and then running away as channing frye ran after him. you dont slap someone from behind and then run away.

i still love melo. but i wasnt expecting that from him. it doesnt make him soft but that was a ***** move.

Yea to be honest that was a ***** move but idk if one incident like that makes you soft. Also I was going by the Op's criteria for being "soft."

blue collar B
08-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Haven't seen anyone pick Carter. This is a surprise. I second the comment on Bargs, if the Raptors had him at PF and had a decent center he would thrive.

dnewguy
08-02-2011, 09:35 AM
The guy got heart, rebounds well for his position and he's one of the top scorers in his league, arghh enough about me but softness is something invented by the Raptor from Bosh to Bargnani, it's what they are known for.

Mc Uncle Cola
08-02-2011, 10:00 AM
How are you going to make this call for BROOK LOPEZ???

#1 on your list is injury prone. Brook hasn't missed a game in his whole career. He also started every game since game 1 of his rookie season. Brook within the last 2 years has attitude on the court if any of you people actually watch basketball. He is soft because he averages 2 points less then he should in rebounding this past year??? Maybe it has something to do with Kris Humprhies being a rebound machine.

Just because the guy isn't the greatest rebounder in the world doesn't mean he is soft.

Khalifa21
08-02-2011, 10:15 AM
I hate to be THAT Knicks fan but what argument can be made for Melo being called soft?

Defensively the guy needs to improve no doubt, but he's ALWAYS mixing it up in the paint and doesn't complain half as much as some of the other "superstars" in the league. He's also the best offensive rebounder at the SF position (something a "weak" player would be no good at) and has been fairly injury free in his NBA career.

Stack_NJNets
08-02-2011, 04:12 PM
To the OP your list is really bad...
The names on your lists are awful.

It's not exactly my list. I took it from another website. I didn't mean for people to think I was calling their teams star players soft. Hold your tears, and state who you think is the softest. Not who's not the softest. :cool:

Stack_NJNets
08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
how are you going to make this call for brook lopez???

#1 on your list is injury prone. Brook hasn't missed a game in his whole career. He also started every game since game 1 of his rookie season. Brook within the last 2 years has attitude on the court if any of you people actually watch basketball. He is soft because he averages 2 points less then he should in rebounding this past year??? Maybe it has something to do with kris humprhies being a rebound machine.

Just because the guy isn't the greatest rebounder in the world doesn't mean he is soft.

no order.

itsripcity32
08-02-2011, 04:47 PM
d rosssssssssssssse ankle prone excuses

llemon
08-02-2011, 05:02 PM
How are you going to make this call for BROOK LOPEZ???

#1 on your list is injury prone. Brook hasn't missed a game in his whole career. He also started every game since game 1 of his rookie season. Brook within the last 2 years has attitude on the court if any of you people actually watch basketball. He is soft because he averages 2 points less then he should in rebounding this past year??? Maybe it has something to do with Kris Humprhies being a rebound machine.

I'm a Nets fan. Have watched just about all of Brook's games.

Brook's attitude is soft.

Doesn't establish position and gets pushed around easily. Doesn't go to the rim strong nor take the basketball up strong.

Hopefully the weak rebounding this season was a one year thing.

Azzacadabra
08-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Damn wish this was softest coach. Stan Van Gundy aka Paul Bearer would win with flying donuts.

DR_1
08-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Bosh - flop!!!

j-mart
08-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Bosh

Ray_R
08-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I agree with these two, Kyle Korver and some other guys on the Bulls think they are tough, but won't do anything when it really comes down to it (Joakim Noah for example), not saying Joakim is soft though... he will do stuff in games to make you mad and then when the other player does something back he will run away and try and get you in trouble for it. Just look at the Pacers vs. Bulls series last year. :eyebrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Id0BM9JBM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/613931/taj-smile.gif

ink
08-02-2011, 05:43 PM
dam you Toronto people really hate Bargs. I think he's actually really good, he's just asked to do too much on a team without any stars. If he went to contending team, he could help them win a ring for sure.

There are haters in LA who pick Gasol to hate just as there are haters in Toronto to use a few players as their personal pinatas. Glad to see you can see the value of a player like Bargnani. Refreshing after all the constant hate we get about the guy. You hear a lie told often enough and it starts to become the truth ...

This type of thread should really just read "who do you hate?"

That way the obvious Kobe haters can just honestly show their bias, as can the Lebron haters, and everyone else.

Smash the pinata of your choosing.

SteBO
08-02-2011, 05:52 PM
There are haters in LA who pick Gasol to hate just as there are haters in Toronto to use a few players as their personal pinatas. Glad to see you can see the value of a player like Bargnani. Refreshing after all the constant hate we get about the guy. You hear a lie told often enough and it starts to become the truth ...

That way the obvious Kobe haters can just honestly show their bias, as can the Lebron haters, and everyone else.

:laugh2: Good point actually.

For a guy Bargs size, he should definitely be a better rebounder than he has shown, but other than that he's pretty good offensively. I've actually seen him put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket. You would know more than me obviously since you watch him more.

DwayneMVPwade
08-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Bargs

Tony_Starks
08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Chris Bosh by a landslide.

For all those hating on Bargs if he was actually on a decent team it would be a different story...

Icabodia
08-02-2011, 06:18 PM
carlos boozer without an argument. he is the biggest pussbag in the league. for his size he should put up 20/10 without breaking a sweat. and should not disappear in the playoffs. he fails at almost every category on your list

Cal827
08-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Chris Bosh by a landslide.

For all those hating on Bargs if he was actually on a decent team it would be a different story...

lol I don't know about that; people said the same about Bosh while he was here in Toronto lol :D.

I'm going to say Bargs mainly b/c all of his numbers (mainly defensively of course) fell off this year. His defense overall is sub-par, and you would think that if the star of the team leaves (taking about 11 rebounds per with him), that the next big man would gain a few more on his total, rather than lose some lol

1) Has ankle issues... Not too severe though.
2) Around 5 per game. For a 7 foot PF/C, That's pretty damn bad lol
3) The Organization criticized him, and he called it cowardly... Most Raptor fans don't like him... unfortunately some not for his game play.... Scapegoated occasionally along with Calderon.
4) Don't Make me Laugh!
5) Chucking 3s. Issues blocking shots... Uses his height occasionally while in the post.
6) Not really a reaction.
7) This is the biggest issue for most of the Raptor fans. With his height and Range, many believe that if he gave more heart (especially on the defensive end), he could become a 22/7/4 player (he can be a decent passer at times), and get 1+ blocks/steals per game, while being able to pull big men out of the paint. Maybe it would have worked if we had a legitimate center on the inside last year.... As for his contract, I think he's worth it, he makes about 10 mill per year... Not bad for a guy who can get 20ppg. Yes he has his flaws (as I mentioned before), but with some of the contracts out there today and in the past (Curry, O'neal, O'neal, Marbury, Lewis, Arenas), I can't complain about it lol

Cal827
08-02-2011, 07:07 PM

1) Injury prone

Brook Lopez
Andrea Bargnani
Kevin Durant
Pau Gasol
Yi Jianlian
Mike Dunleavy
Chris Bosh
Vince Carter
Charlie Villanueva

NOT IN ANY ORDER!

4 of these guys are/were Raptors lol

JIDsanity
08-02-2011, 07:11 PM
You're confusing soft with terrible play. Soft I.E: Individual who criticizes players with comments they do not have the balls to say to their face. People who hide behind a computer screen.

llemon
08-02-2011, 07:23 PM
You're confusing soft with terrible play. Soft I.E: Individual who criticizes players with comments they do not have the balls to say to their face. People who hide behind a computer screen.

There is terrible play, which is provided by guys like Stephen Graham, then there is soft play, which is provided by guys like Brook Lopez and Vince Carter.

Then there are idiotic posts, as provided by you.

marj987
08-02-2011, 07:25 PM
carlos boozer without an argument. he is the biggest pussbag in the league. for his size he should put up 20/10 without breaking a sweat. and should not disappear in the playoffs. he fails at almost every category on your list

http://media.photobucket.com/image/ROFL/bonnie_jean/Funny/rofl.jpg

KingOf215
08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Dirk.

Just kidding!

Kashmir13579
08-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Tim Duncan. Stop crying, Tim.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I may have already posted here, don't care to check.

Darko. I have NEVER seen a 7 footer who turns 2 footers into 8 foot fallaways, and passes on dunks left and right.

stick2yours
08-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm taking Pau Gasol.

2. Good rebounder.
7. Heart - questionable

I agree pau gasol, softest player in the league. no question about it. Lacks aggressiveness on the court and off the court. (off court im assuming because his chick left him, he was doing something wrong)

Hellcrooner
08-02-2011, 09:56 PM

well other teams dudes i can understand the hate, because well basically how to frgive him for taking the lakers back to relevance after quiet yearfs and winning titles.
It comes with the purple and gold colours.

but sometimes if you read lakers forums its like if the dude had sigend a 20 year 4000 dollars a year deal and was averaging 2 ppg 2 rpg and having the team in the lottery every year since joining....

i guess is true that opinions are like *** holes. everybody has one, and they smell bad.

beasted86
08-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Yes I hate Wade alot but it has nothing to do with my reasoning.

Wheelchair for a shoulder injury.
Makes fun of Dirk for having a flu like temperature and playing through it only to leave for a while the following game when he simply bumped into Brian Cardinal.
Too much drama queen bull ****.

Dirk has been called soft when he has in fact played through multiple twisted ankles, a few injuries in the Finals which he hit game winners both times, and had teeth lodged in his elbow and would have played had doctors not forced him to leave.

Wade is great. Just a puss.
So Wade is soft because he made fun of Dirk, and Dirk is disrespected by fans of other teams? Interesting perspective.

But I was waiting for some type of useful insight as to why you think Wade is soft. Needing a wheelchair for a critical injury like a dislocated shoulder that did indeed need surgery to fix it doesn't really qualify. as legit reasoning.. as you excluded Paul Pierce from your original list when he needed a wheelchair for a non-critical injury that didn't need any surgery. So the double standard rules out that reason immediately.

You disliking a player doesn't make them soft, I'm looking for a reasonable answer for why you think he's one of the softest players in the NBA.

beasted86
08-02-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't think anyone is hating when they call Bargnani soft.

He's called soft because he avoids contact on both ends of the floor: Doesn't use size & strength effectively on offense, and doesn't box out, draw charges, go up strong to contest shots, etc.. on defense. He's also somewhat weak mentally because he doesn't play up to his ability consitently enough. With the right mindset and attitude, for sure he could average at least 7 rebounds like a David West or other stretch 4s who also play away from the basket. Heck, if Channing Frye can average 6.7 a game, no reason he can't do the same. Also being more physical and mentally tough he could be a much bigger force on offense by getting to the line at a higher rate.

MrfadeawayJB
08-03-2011, 12:00 AM
I would say Lopez, Bargs and Gasol are in a league of thier own on this one

beasted86
08-03-2011, 01:05 AM
How come people keep saying Brook Lopez?

He's a poor rebounder, and he does have a history of getting swatted by 6'4" guards at the basket (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr0Mt4S-maY), but he bangs in the paint fairly well to score and contests hard on defense.

llemon
08-03-2011, 01:47 AM
How come people keep saying Brook Lopez?

He's a poor rebounder, and he does have a history of getting swatted by 6'4" guards at the basket (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr0Mt4S-maY), but he bangs in the paint fairly well to score and contests hard on defense.

Don't know what games you've been watching

EaglePride615
08-03-2011, 02:29 AM
one bad series and pau is the softest guy in the nba? wasnt it just a year ago when he was "the best PF in the nba"

the best pf in the nba doesnt get pushed around. i remember seeing him get pretty physical with KG down there at times.

Hellcrooner
08-03-2011, 02:50 AM
one bad series and pau is the softest guy in the nba? wasnt it just a year ago when he was "the best PF in the nba"

the best pf in the nba doesnt get pushed around. i remember seeing him get pretty physical with KG down there at times.

or with dwight the year before.

Stack_NJNets
08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Damn wish this was softest coach. Stan Van Gundy aka Paul Bearer would win with flying donuts.

Paul Bearer :laugh:

Celticsfan2007
08-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Big Baby. Undersized, gets blocked every other shot and crys about every play that doesn't go his way.

All set with this dude, good luck to the team who signs him..

Stack_NJNets
08-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Big Baby. Undersized, gets blocked every other shot and crys about every play that doesn't go his way.

He was like :cry: after KG chewed him up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GXgFC8q32Q

heyman321
08-03-2011, 04:06 PM

Big Baby isn't soft, he's just terribly undersized. It's a miracle they even play him at PF or that he switches onto C's sometimes. So underrated.

beasted86
08-03-2011, 04:46 PM

I don't think anyone who hustles and scraps like Davis can by called one of the softest players in the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCJK1hPpLCE <--this type of hustle is not being soft. A lot of other players would be crying on the ground still.

Lake_Show2416
08-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't think anyone who hustles and scraps like Davis can by called one of the softest players in the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCJK1hPpLCE <--this type of hustle is not being soft. A lot of other players would be crying on the ground still.

not to mention, u cant b soft & dip a prime 380lb Shaq at the age of 14 or 15

ink
08-03-2011, 06:25 PM

You actually expect people to remember a WHOLE YEAR ago?? MVP-worthy to bum in a single season ...

Lakerhead4ever
08-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Funny thing about all this is that most of the players being named are top players.

They say pau is soft..okay, ill take a soft player with rings than a beast with none.

Wade soft..okay he still a top player. So is melo

Bargainai will shoot most big men out of the arena, and the only reason he gets talked down on because he simply isn't a number one option, as he is on the raps.

This being "soft" thing is soo overrated.

Il Mago50
08-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Chris "damn, don't push so hard" Bosh

LosDoyers1
08-04-2011, 01:59 AM
It has to be Bargnani hands down. He's 7 ft tall and he averaged 5 rebounds last year?

Stack_NJNets
08-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Pathetic

theheatles
08-06-2011, 12:02 PM
I would say Lopez, Bargs and Gasol are in a league of thier own on this one

^this...anyone that lists bosh over these guys are blinded by hate

Stack_NJNets
08-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Peja "How do you set a screen?" Stojakovic

Team*Chicago
08-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Hands down, Chris Bosh is the softest in the NBA since he cried from a great a-- whooping during the season and b----ed like a p---- a-- woman about people rolling on his ankles that injuried him.

1) Injury prone

Kevin Durant

NOT IN ANY ORDER!

Kevin Durant is not soft and you are definitely wrong about him about him being soft.

John Walls Era
08-07-2011, 02:56 PM
The so called soft players win, I'll take that. Apparently half the tough players can't play defense either.

RZZZA
08-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Bosh may be soft but he stepped up in the playoffs and delivered

good thing he got all his crappy 1-18 type games out of the way early in the season when it didn't really matter

DR_1
08-07-2011, 04:36 PM

I don't hate Bosh at all, but I think he is pretty soft. That doesn't mean he's not a good player though.

3ballbomber
08-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Clearly it's Lebron. What man given a body of a beast and great talent continues to show fear in the playoffs. SOFT!

Tony_Starks
08-08-2011, 05:37 PM
How could I forget about Big Baby! I remember when KG cursed him out on the bench and he started crying like a little girl!

Also I seem to remember David West mushing Dirk all in the face and him not doing a damn thing about it.....

Voodoo Alchemy
08-09-2011, 01:37 AM
boris diaw

rockbottom2010
08-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Vince Carter by far

BULLSFAN0810
08-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Clearly it's Lebron. What man given a body of a beast and great talent continues to show fear in the playoffs. SOFT!

I agree...to Try and fail is 1 thing,but to go out like he did w his body....mentally soft....

But REAL TALK.....ITS BOOZER...I HOPE ITS HIS TOE, BUT I HATED HIM ON UTAH BC HE WAS SUSPECT and i cried when we got him...i wanted Bosh ovr LBJ and STAT.

Team*Chicago
08-09-2011, 07:37 PM
How could I forget about Big Baby! I remember when KG cursed him out on the bench and he started crying like a little girl!

Also I seem to remember David West mushing Dirk all in the face and him not doing a damn thing about it.....

:speechless: I can't believe these f----- b---- a-- moderators let you hold on to your sig.

Cal827
08-09-2011, 08:18 PM

Or have watched Raptor games over the past 5 seasons :D

Just joking man, Bargs is definitely softer, I mentioned it previously.

king4day
08-09-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm not a Vince Carter fan but he didn't seem soft to me.

llemon
08-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm not a Vince Carter fan but he didn't seem soft to me.

Leads me to believe you haven't watched Vince play very often.

Fireworld
08-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Peja. easy

3ballbomber
08-10-2011, 05:11 AM
I agree...to Try and fail is 1 thing,but to go out like he did w his body....mentally soft....

But REAL TALK.....ITS BOOZER...I HOPE ITS HIS TOE, BUT I HATED HIM ON UTAH BC HE WAS SUSPECT and i cried when we got him...i wanted Bosh ovr LBJ and STAT.
Boozer is pretty soft.

Stack_NJNets
08-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Leads me to believe you haven't watched Vince play very often.

Only tries against Toronto

bmd1101
08-14-2011, 06:44 PM
PP anyone? One of the biggest whiners thats for sure, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysT8RA6JQks

:win:

LA_Raiders
08-14-2011, 07:14 PM
I think you are right on with the list... I might throw Pierce in there too, he always gets "injured"

NBA_Starter
08-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Bargnani

llemon
08-14-2011, 09:38 PM
PP anyone? One of the biggest whiners thats for sure, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysT8RA6JQks

:win:

OH MY GOD!!!!! Somehow, Paul Pierce is now soft.

Some of you guys astound me.

Stack_NJNets
08-17-2011, 09:30 PM
The winner is: BARGS.