PDA

View Full Version : Kobe on Lebron: "People need to lay off that kid"

NYtilIdie
08-01-2011, 02:00 AM
George Smith: "There was a lot of venom towards the Heat and in particularly , Lebron James, what do you think about that?"

Kobe: "I think people need to lay-off that kid. I've gotten to know him pretty well playing the Olympic team, I think they need to back up off him and let him play and let him live his life and let him make his decisions. Its tough to be under a microscope like that all the time, so I would like everybody to just back off of him."

George Smith: "I've seen polls where they ask '"They need to blow up the Lakers team"' and i've seen polls where they '"Oh, they need to keep it"', so which is it?"

Kobe: "I think people overreact to certain situations, particularly Laker fans, they're so passionate. So when you don't win its bottom of the bottom. So I think everybody needs to relax and take a deep breathe. We're going to be fine, trust me."

Kobe also said him and Mike Brown have talked plenty of times and said Brown "buttons everything up" and "as players we're all happy".

This was Kobe's interview with ESPN as their "Sunday Conversation".

Raps18-19 Champ
08-01-2011, 02:06 AM
Maybe his ball's soup eaters will listen to him?

RevisIsland
08-01-2011, 02:36 AM
I wonder how many people noticed the veiled insult. He called him a kid. Idk if he actually meant something, but maybe all that time with Phil has taught him a thing or two about mind games.

Baller1
08-01-2011, 02:44 AM
I agree that it could possibly be a subliminal insult, but I really don't think so. Kobe's right, people really need to give the Lebron hate a rest. It's getting really old.

naps
08-01-2011, 02:48 AM
I wonder how many people noticed the veiled insult. He called him a kid. Idk if he actually meant something, but maybe all that time with Phil has taught him a thing or two about mind games.

Really? Trying to stir up another LeBron-Kobe BS? Grow up and learn to read from context.

Chacarron
08-01-2011, 02:51 AM
Really? Trying to stir up another LeBron-Kobe BS? Grow up and learn to read from context.

We haven't had one in a while, though.

ATSW02D16
08-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Everybody's Trippin'

Bruno
08-01-2011, 03:17 AM
He'd know as well as anyone what living under a microscope is like. James and Bryant are the two most polarizing NBA figures of the 21st century.

shep33
08-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Wow... people talking about veiled insults is pretty low IMO. I don't know if your serious or not either, cause we've seen some pretty bad posts regarding when debate comes up between these two guys.

Kobe is what 6-7 years older than Lebron? That's a huge age difference in the NBA people. What should he have said? You guys take things way too far.

knicks_champ
08-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Okay Based Kobe...

LakersMaster24
08-01-2011, 03:28 AM
The thing is, people wouldn't of followed Lebrons every step, if he didn't make claims without backing them up. People sadly, love seeing others fail. When you say I will win multiple championships and don't reach that goal, people will be all over you.

AsiandudePH
08-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Veiled insults = Paranoia

Come on, how old is Kobe? How old is LeBron? I think that alone justifies if Kobe calls him a "kid".

LakersMaster24
08-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Its amazing how Lebron is just 26! He will stay in his prime for at least 5 more years!

MTar786
08-01-2011, 04:33 AM
lol kobe thinks people will listen to him

Storch
08-01-2011, 04:50 AM
lol kobe thinks people will listen to him

did you read the same article as i did? because kobe was asked that question, he didnt go out to preach to the world to follow his words. :facepalm:

even when kobe's being nice, people still hate. shame on you people.

knightstemplar
08-01-2011, 05:03 AM
well lebron shouldnt say
"its gonna be easy"
"not 1, not2..not 7"
or screw cleveland
or be such a sore loser

just go out there and leave it all on the court

Raps18-19 Champ
08-01-2011, 05:16 AM
The thing is, people wouldn't of followed Lebrons every step, if he didn't make claims without backing them up. People sadly, love seeing others fail. When you say I will win multiple championships and don't reach that goal, people will be all over you.

He was being harassed before that.

Many years before his time with the Heat.

nygiants242
08-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Classy words from Kobe :clap:

hyb152
08-01-2011, 05:56 AM

Wtf are you talking about? Lebron and the heat said they'd win multiple rings and it's only been one season. And they lost to the better mavericks team who swept your lakers I might add. You can't criticize lebron for not backing up his claims when it's only been one season since he made those claims. You even said "people sadly love seeing others fail." Well it's people like you that are sadly blowing things out of proportion and jumping to conclusions. It's only been one season since he made those claims so how can you say he hasn't backed those claims up yet and hold that against him when he more than likely will win multiple championships? You can't say he hasnt reached that goal when you know he eventually will. You're jumping to conclusions.

topdog
08-01-2011, 07:12 AM
"Kid" is refering to the fact that he's still in his 20s and has some things to learn like everyone else. Nothing more.

I will lay off Lebron until he does another ******* thing. lol

Mishmin
08-01-2011, 07:49 AM
based god

Hawkeye15
08-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Wow... people talking about veiled insults is pretty low IMO. I don't know if your serious or not either, cause we've seen some pretty bad posts regarding when debate comes up between these two guys.

Kobe is what 6-7 years older than Lebron? That's a huge age difference in the NBA people. What should he have said? You guys take things way too far.

this. Shoot, I refer to anyone 3 years younger than me as a kid half the time.

As for the message, he is right, but it won't happen. LeBron has become the Yankees on an individual basis. Will winning rings help? Maybe. But he is the most hated athlete on the planet, and what's even more pathetic is that people, deep down, love to hate something. May as well be him, right?

DwayneMVPwade
08-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Lebron is the best player in the game today, but he brought all the hate on himself.

3mikee_
08-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Lol at people getting mad about Kobe calling Lebron a kid, that's actually halarious imo.. The thread was about Kobe being on LeBron's side and yet his words get blown up.

As a side note, his second quote I believe is pretty telling of Kobe's mindset. I think the Lakers probably got another serious run left for another ring... Maybe they'll face the Heat in the finals next season (whenever that may be)

gwrighter
08-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I honestly don't give a damn about what is really said by any player. I make my judgements based on what I see on the court. It's been appropriate for while now, people need to lay off LBJ. Nobody owns this man, he is free to say & do what he wants without reticule from overly obsessed fans & the media.

Avenged
08-01-2011, 11:12 AM
This just comes with the territory with being one of the best (if not the best).

And Kobe insulted Lebron by calling him "kid"? Lol. :rolleyes:

TO Rapz
08-01-2011, 11:20 AM
You guys are serious? Only PSD would turn this into an insult..

Shmontaine
08-01-2011, 11:21 AM
if kobe was trying to insult lbj here, he could've done better than "kid"...

GhostfaceDrilla
08-01-2011, 11:38 AM
LeBron better thank Kobe because now all of the Kobe-dick riders are going to hypocritically say that the LeBron hate was never necessary and that it needs to stop.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Anyone who switches teams the way LeBron did is apt to receive a lot of hate. He sat there while his team and their "fans" threw a championship parade in July. How did that work? Oh yeah, my Dallas Mavericks beat LeBron and the Heat (when it should be noted as Wade and the Heat) at their place. Dallas became the first team to win at Miami in the playoffs and beat them in back to back games (3 in a row). LeBron infamously said they were going to win 8 championships, listing them one at a time. The games greatest player won 6. Not 8. 6. LeBron had never won a single Finals game before this. There is nothing wrong with confidence but basically guaranteeing 8 championships when not a single practice had been held is ridiculous. Claiming titles like these and displaying a terrible clutch game throughout the regular season and disappearing in the Finals while Dirk, a true champion and winner, dominated, is going to draw a whole lot of hate. How about him and Wade making fun of Dirk for being sick in the Finals? Dirk is probably the most humble NBA player if not athlete in the world and LeBron is going to make fun of him, in the Finals nonetheless. What did Dirk do? Well he won that game with a game winner including having another game winner with a hurt hand. What did a healthy LeBron do? 17.8 ppg 4.0 turnovers per game 47.8 FG% 32.1 3PT% 60.0 FT% including an all time personal worst 8 point 3/11 FG Game 4. When you are hyped up as being the greatest player or even athlete of all time and you accept it as if it is already true, things like this will draw a lot of hate. I didn't even show his 4th quarter stats which are horrific.

Does LeBron deserve his jersey being burned in streets and extremes such as death jokes, etc...? No. Does he deserve criticism? Certainly, even up to this day. It's his own fault. If he wants it to stop, I have some advice: Stop being so damn cocky, show up in the Finals, and accept the fact that you are not currently or ever will be the greatest of all time. Dirk hasn't said ****. His silence got him a championship en route to whooping LeBron and Wade's *** in the Finals.

Mudvayne91
08-01-2011, 11:55 AM
well lebron shouldnt say
"its gonna be easy"
"not 1, not2..not 7"
or screw cleveland
or be such a sore loser

just go out there and leave it all on the court

Not a fan of the Lakers, but your sig picture is hilarious.

I have to agree with Kobe. I am by no means a fan of Lebron or the Heat, but it's gone way past piling on.

Squad13
08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
:laugh: some people saying its an insult? Jesus christ... He's right Lebron gets way too much HEAT.

Sixerlover
08-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks, Kobe. It's obvious people need to lay off Lebron. He gets hate for everything he does now. And people always bring it back to "well he shouldn't have went to Miami" or "he shouldn't have said not 1, not 2 blah blah" spare me.

Byronicle
08-01-2011, 12:21 PM
yeah man, leave that child alone.

and because kobe said so. thing is winning championships is what made ppl forget about kobe's little rape attempt so lebron is goin to have to win to shut everyone up

smith&wesson
08-01-2011, 12:24 PM

OR maybe lebron is actually just younger then kobe... the guy is looking out for lebron and telling people to lay off and you somehow think he is insulting him..

smith&wesson
08-01-2011, 12:42 PM

As for the message, he is right, but it won't happen. LeBron has become the Yankees on an individual basis. Will winning rings help? Maybe. But he is the most hated athlete on the planet, and what's even more pathetic is that people, deep down, love to hate something. May as well be him, right?

ppl love to hate him.. every one would love to have him on theyre team. but when your team is facing miami you cant help but hate them because it feels unfair that they have 2 phenoms and most teams dont have 1. its just makes you feel like your team has no chance.

LAKERMANIA
08-01-2011, 12:47 PM
He brought all the hate on himself when he went on ESPN and announced to the world that he was screwing Cleveland with no condom on national television.

He also brought on all the hate himself when he said they would win multiple championships, oh and joining a team with both Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh on it...

juno10
08-01-2011, 12:53 PM
He brought all the hate on himself when he went on ESPN and announced to the world that he was screwing Cleveland with no condom on national television.

He also brought on all the hate himself when he said they would win multiple championships, oh and joining a team with both Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh on it...

oh so i guess lakers and celtics are the only teams allowed to stack their teams.

ManRam
08-01-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't think "kid" is an insult.

And he's right. Everything he does is scrutinized...much like Kobe once was. It's worse now with an increase in media, social media and accessibility in general.

LAKERMANIA
08-01-2011, 01:31 PM
oh so i guess lakers and celtics are the only teams allowed to stack their teams.

Ray allen, Pierce, Garnett

Kobe, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom

Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Chris Bosh

Go ahead and TRY to tell me that the heat big 3 isn't better on paper than the Lakers or Celtics big 3..

shep33
08-01-2011, 02:18 PM

Completely agree. I'm not a fan of Lebron in anyway, but I've always said that there is a limit on hate. After the decision I was pretty upset and I thought the NBA would be ruined, so I was angered by his move.

Shortly after there was just too much hate. It's pretty sad, just because we demonize this "kid" for playing basketball. He really hasn't made the world a better or worse place, and that's what bothers me about it.

Hitler, Stalin, Timothey McVeigh, etc.... those guys are evil. When it comes down to it, this guy is playing a game. He's not killing anybody, or physically hurting anyone (outside that kid in his camp). So when people start to hate something/someone to that extent, by cussing at his mom, or just continually harassing him like he's done something to personally hurt you or your family, they have to look into the mirrors and realize what they've become.

He's a great player, not my favorite player, and I don't like the decision thing one bit. But to hate someone for playing a game, that has no impact on yourself or your family's wellbeing, is a bit too much.

juno10
08-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Ray allen, Pierce, Garnett

Kobe, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom

Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Chris Bosh

Go ahead and TRY to tell me that the heat big 3 isn't better on paper than the Lakers or Celtics big 3..

so no one should dare make a team better than them to try to combat them right lakers 3 finals in a row facing teams that were no where near their talent level c'mon facing orlando in the finals almost not fair. and than celtics making it 2/3 years there weren't really any teams that could compete them too much talent on one team.

RaiderLakersA's
08-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Completely agree. I'm not a fan of Lebron in anyway, but I've always said that there is a limit on hate. After the decision I was pretty upset and I thought the NBA would be ruined, so I was angered by his move.

Shortly after there was just too much hate. It's pretty sad, just because we demonize this "kid" for playing basketball. He really hasn't made the world a better or worse place, and that's what bothers me about it.

Hitler, Stalin, Timothey McVeigh, etc.... those guys are evil. When it comes down to it, this guy is playing a game. He's not killing anybody, or physically hurting anyone (outside that kid in his camp). So when people start to hate something/someone to that extent, by cussing at his mom, or just continually harassing him like he's done something to personally hurt you or your family, they have to look into the mirrors and realize what they've become.

He's a great player, not my favorite player, and I don't like the decision thing one bit. But to hate someone for playing a game, that has no impact on yourself or your family's wellbeing, is a bit too much.

Great post. I couldn't agree more.

Even if LeBron was a complete jerk in every sense of the word, he wouldn't be the only professional athlete that was. Some of the great ones were privately, if not publicly.

And true, it is hilarious for anyone to see a veiled insult in the word "kid" in this quote. Kobe wasn't being condescending in any way. Pick the standpoint and Kobe clearly is more senior than LeBron: 1. emotional maturity; 2. physical age; 3. life experience.

If anything Kobe comes across as damn near statesman-like for taking the unpopular stance of supporting LeBron without making any apologies for his actions. Maybe it is time to leave the kid alone.

LakersMaster24
08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Wtf are you talking about? Lebron and the heat said they'd win multiple rings and it's only been one season. And they lost to the better mavericks team who swept your lakers I might add. You can't criticize lebron for not backing up his claims when it's only been one season since he made those claims. You even said "people sadly love seeing others fail." Well it's people like you that are sadly blowing things out of proportion and jumping to conclusions. It's only been one season since he made those claims so how can you say he hasn't backed those claims up yet and hold that against him when he more than likely will win multiple championships? You can't say he hasnt reached that goal when you know he eventually will. You're jumping to conclusions.

Relax. I am talking about RIGHT NOW, you dont know how the media will react to him in the future if he wins a ring. Its not just the Heat thing and the "not 1, not 2, not 3 bla bla" thing. Its also the fact that he claimed he will win a championship in Cleveland and numerous other quotes. I am not a Lebron hater, I think he is a great player, and is the best in the league right now. It is natural to be followed by the media if you are superstar in the NBA. But as I said, when you make a bold claim, and then you dont reach it, and especially when you are someone like LEBRON JAMES, then the media and the society will always remember that and rub it on your face.

LakersMaster24
08-01-2011, 03:26 PM

Depends on your perspective. During the Soviet years, people had Stalin as their idol. People did love him, no matter how cruel he was, or how much innocent blood was shed because of him. During his rule, was when the Soviet Union was at its peak, and the reason to that? His cruelty. He ruled with an iron fist, and that helped him keep the country together, and the world in fear. Here in the USA, anything Soviet = evil. Same thing was in the USSR, AMERICA = HORRIBLE CAPITALIST MONSTER. Its a funny world we live in.:D

SteBO
08-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Very typical of people to think Kobe insulted LeBron. :pity:

Kobe is on point here as well. People do need to lay off LeBron, but it's not going to happen because people already have their heels dug in the sand. It's petty if you ask me, but I'm in the minority here, even in relative measure. All James needs to do is win one championship, and maybe all the hate would be subdued.

Oh wait........ but people will still rag on him for not wiinning 8! :rolleyes: He was clearly just living in the moment on 7/9/10, but as usual most people are blind to that fact.

Evolution23
08-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Kobe is on point here as well. People do need to lay off LeBron, but it's not going to happen because people already have their heels dug in the sand. It's petty if you ask me, but I'm in the minority here, even in relative measure. All James needs to do is win one championship, and maybe all the hate would be subdued.

Oh wait........ but people will still rag on him for not wiinning 8! :rolleyes: He was clearly just living in the moment on 7/9/10, but as usual most people are blind to that fact.

If Lebron starts winning some titles people will calm down because what can you really say to a champion? Of course there will still be your usual haters but you can't really get mad at the haters, they keep things interesting. :)

shep33
08-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Depends on your perspective. During the Soviet years, people had Stalin as their idol. People did love him, no matter how cruel he was, or how much innocent blood was shed because of him. During his rule, was when the Soviet Union was at its peak, and the reason to that? His cruelty. He ruled with an iron fist, and that helped him keep the country together, and the world in fear. Here in the USA, anything Soviet = evil. Same thing was in the USSR, AMERICA = HORRIBLE CAPITALIST MONSTER. Its a funny world we live in.:D

Haha don't get me wrong, your absolutely right about people following Stalin and a lot of people idolizing him. But nobody in history has killed or allowed so many people to be killed than him. I'm not saying that his method of rule wasn't effiicent within the Soviet Union, cause in reality his terrible way of governing people by fear, did actually strengthen the state, so I won't disagree with you there.

I don't think the Soviet Union is evil, and I apologize if it came out that way. If people read about WWII, they'd actually realize that the Soviets turned the tide of the battle (along with Hitler's bad decision making, thank god!). Atleast 20 million Russians died in the 2nd world war, but they out grinded the Germans in the east which also helped cripple the Wehrmacht in the west.

LakersMaster24
08-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Haha don't get me wrong, your absolutely right about people following Stalin and a lot of people idolizing him. But nobody in history has killed or allowed so many people to be killed than him. I'm not saying that his method of rule wasn't effiicent within the Soviet Union, cause in reality his terrible way of governing people by fear, did actually strengthen the state, so I won't disagree with you there.

I don't think the Soviet Union is evil, and I apologize if it came out that way. If people read about WWII, they'd actually realize that the Soviets turned the tide of the battle (along with Hitler's bad decision making, thank god!). Atleast 20 million Russians died in the 2nd world war, but they out grinded the Germans in the east which also helped cripple the Wehrmacht in the west.

Yes yes, I completely agree :up:

GhostfaceDrilla
08-01-2011, 08:04 PM

From what I have seen, you are one of the only Heat fans on here who isn't ignorant and doesn't think that Miami is the only sports team in the world and that the Mavericks got lucky in the Finals. That said, living in the moment by saying you will win 8 championships, which is HIGHLY unlikely, you can't expect not to draw criticism. Will he win one? Probably, yes. Will he win 2 or 3? Maybe. I say he will win 1 or 2. Until they get a bench and players outside of LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and occasionally Haslem and Chalmers, they will not be a dynasty at all. LeBron still has to prove he can come up big when it matters. Yes he carried a **** team to the Finals but he still wasn't good. This year he was awful in the Finals scoring wise and clutch wise.

SteBO
08-01-2011, 08:18 PM
From what I have seen, you are one of the only Heat fans on here who isn't ignorant and doesn't think that Miami is the only sports team in the world and that the Mavericks got lucky in the Finals. That said, living in the moment by saying you will win 8 championships, which is HIGHLY unlikely, you can't expect not to draw criticism. Will he win one? Probably, yes. Will he win 2 or 3? Maybe. I say he will win 1 or 2. Until they get a bench and players outside of LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and occasionally Haslem and Chalmers, they will not be a dynasty at all. LeBron still has to prove he can come up big when it matters. Yes he carried a **** team to the Finals but he still wasn't good. This year he was awful in the Finals scoring wise and clutch wise.
I read nothing in this post that wasn't factual and that I don't agree with. I'm with you 100% here. His team sucked in '07, but there really isn't an excuse now with Wade and Bosh. Granted our supporting cast around those three was awful from what you saw and statistically, but what we had was clearly enough to win, and we couldn't pull it out.

I did expect him to draw criticism for saying "8 championships", I wasn't trying to condone him for those words, though it did sound like in my post that I was. I was just trying convey or imagine the silliness that people would come up with just to hate on the guy even if he were to win a couple titles. Was it self-inflicted? Sure, to a degree. But you and I both know it simply isn't happening, in regards to the "8 titles". I mean, he signed a 6-year deal with an opt out clause after year 4. Numbers don't add up.

sventhedog
08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
kobe also needs to tell lebron to just play. lebron asked for all the attention so don't go whining about getting it. that's common sense, which lebron and also wade seemed to have lost.

C-Style
08-02-2011, 04:53 AM
I dont think ppl truly hate Lebron...I think everyone is just having a little fun at his expense for saying some stupid shyt!

mark1125
08-02-2011, 07:32 AM
With the "decision" predictions, one hour specials, etc, LeBron obviously loves attention. Unfortunately, attention can be good and bad. Since he fell on his face in the finals, he has to know there will be a shitstorm of backlash.

If he won, all of the 7/10 PSD jockriders would STILL be talking about it here for example.

I am over it. However, when Kobe (or other PSD posters) say "leave Baby BronBron alone, I say he and his jockriding friends are getting what they asked for. Attention.

mark1125
08-02-2011, 07:35 AM

With all due respect, I doubt he was living in the moment. Even Heat fans have to admit he is kind of an ego maniac. You are right when you say if he only wins one title, people will rip him for not getting 8.

I don't feel bad for him. He likes attention and he set himself up to get a lot of it. Both positive from the jock riders and negative from the haters.

Heediot
08-02-2011, 07:51 AM
kid, son, dog, cousin.... people use these terms all the time. was it an insult? no, it was a slip of the tongue towards using slang rather than common english.

sports gossip is for biatches. analagous to women watching entertainment tonight. most of y'all need to focus on your own lives.

joepfarley
08-02-2011, 08:22 AM
with the "decision" predictions, one hour specials, etc, lebron obviously loves attention. Unfortunately, attention can be good and bad. Since he fell on his face in the finals, he has to know there will be a shitstorm of backlash.

If he won, all of the 7/10 psd jockriders would still be talking about it here for example.

I am over it. However, when kobe (or other psd posters) say "leave baby bronbron alone, i say he and his jockriding friends are getting what they asked for. Attention.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he beat me to it.

3ballbomber
08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
People will cease to criticize Lebron once he stops being such a douche cake. Show some maturity, stay grounded, act with virtues and you will gain respect....until then you deserve everything you are getting!

ChicagoJ
08-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I think LeBron will earn respect the hard way. When good players underperform they usually take heavy criticism. When they are at the level of LeBron it gets magnified that much more. However, when the day comes that he wins a title he will have earned it which is all I want to see from him and the heat.

sammid21
08-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Some people have a subtle way of insulting people, maybe Kobe said "kid" in a way of saying LBJ is immature... maybe not.

The only way people will lay off LBJ is not by him winning titles, its by him shutting up and playing ball, he also has to lay off the douchey behavior and over the top celebrations on the court. I think it was game 2 of the finals where the Heat were celebrating too early. People hate egomaniacs, LBJ has to earn the respect of people by cutting out the childish egocentric act. its that simple.

SteBO
08-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Some people have a subtle way of insulting people, maybe Kobe said "kid" in a way of saying LBJ is immature... maybe not.

The only way people will lay off LBJ is not by him winning titles, its by him shutting up and playing ball, he also has to lay off the douchey behavior and over the top celebrations on the court. I think it was game 2 of the finals where the Heat were celebrating too early. People hate egomaniacs, LBJ has to earn the respect of people by cutting out the childish egocentric act. its that simple.
No doubt he's egocentric and he appears childish at times. There's no disputing that, but you really don't think that winning a couple titles won't shut them up? Even a little bit?

Still, he has some growing up to do and still doesn't really know how to handle a series loss well.

sammid21
08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
No doubt he's egocentric and he appears childish at times. There's no disputing that, but you really don't think that winning a couple titles won't shut them up? Even a little bit?

Still, he has some growing up to do and still doesn't really know how to handle a series loss well.

If he wins a title or 6 and doesnt clean up his immaturity then people stil wont shut up. It probably would get even more annoying because he can back it up with titles but he would still be immature, and theres nothing worse than an immature person that gets what he wants. Like an annoying conceded rich kid getting something he doesnt deserve because of his behavior.

For me, if he cleans his act up, then I'd stop criticizing him as much and people will follow. (even if he never wins a title) but its a 3 headed egocentric monster you guys have down in miami, and they each probably egg each other on. great players tho

LOOTERX9
08-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Haha KOBE just treated Lebron like his Child by calling Him "KID". That shows Kobe has no real respect for Lebron and he thinks he's above lebron in maturity and in life. But Kobe is wrong if he thinks fans should layoff the Kid cause noway anyone can watch lebron last couple of years in playoffs and not scratch their heads and ask WTF? Is Lebron doing on the court. He seems like he was tanking the games intentionally or just mentally screwed in the brain.

C_Mund
08-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I agree that it could possibly be a subliminal insult, but I really don't think so. Kobe's right, people really need to give the Lebron hate a rest. It's getting really old.

I'd like to agree with you, but every time I start letting go a bit he says or does something else completely immature that brings it all back into the light. It's obvious that it's not jealousy or "hate" as people call it, but there's just not much to like about Lebron other than supreme physical talent.

LAKERMANIA
08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
so no one should dare make a team better than them to try to combat them right lakers 3 finals in a row facing teams that were no where near their talent level c'mon facing orlando in the finals almost not fair. and than celtics making it 2/3 years there weren't really any teams that could compete them too much talent on one team.

Wasn't Orlando #1 defensive team in the league in 2009? And wasn't Boston a better defensive team than the Lakers in 2010? WTF are you talking about?

Hawkeye15
08-02-2011, 07:48 PM
ppl love to hate him.. every one would love to have him on theyre team. but when your team is facing miami you cant help but hate them because it feels unfair that they have 2 phenoms and most teams dont have 1. its just makes you feel like your team has no chance.

eh, I never feel that way. Sure they have Bron, Wade, and Bosh. Then what? I honestly don't enjoy watching the rest of their scrubs play.

But yes, he is the most hated athlete in sports, period. I actually pull for the Heat because of it. I was indifferent to LeBron for the first 5-6 years he was in the league. But now I root for him.

GhostfaceDrilla
08-02-2011, 07:58 PM
eh, I never feel that way. Sure they have Bron, Wade, and Bosh. Then what? I honestly don't enjoy watching the rest of their scrubs play.

But yes, he is the most hated athlete in sports, period. I actually pull for the Heat because of it. I was indifferent to LeBron for the first 5-6 years he was in the league. But now I root for him.

Haslem and Chalmers are alright but Miller, Anthony, Bibby, Jones, Ilgauskus, etc... all suck.

JNA17
08-02-2011, 08:05 PM
and what's even more pathetic is that people, deep down, love to hate something. May as well be him, right?

True, but do you think the hate is justified?

JNA17
08-02-2011, 08:08 PM

A series loss? How about just handling a series? Seriously the guy broke down after game 3.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2011, 08:09 PM
True, but do you think the hate is justified?

I don't think hate is ever justified. The only time I can see it is if someone hurt a loved one. LeBron has done nothing to any of us. Hating him is a useless emotion, and furthermore, an unhealthy one.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Haslem and Chalmers are alright but Miller, Anthony, Bibby, Jones, Ilgauskus, etc... all suck.

and they were both hurt all year. They have all scrubs. If Haslem and Miller are healthy next year, then yes, they have 2 legit NBA role players.

Trust me, I think Bron had plenty of roster support to win a title. But I still can't get onboard with the "super team" theory. He had one more tier 1 player, a tier 2-3 player, and then nada.

JNA17
08-02-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't think hate is ever justified. The only time I can see it is if someone hurt a loved one. LeBron has done nothing to any of us. Hating him is a useless emotion, and furthermore, an unhealthy one.

I don't think it's THAT type of hate. I hate certain people in High School differently then I do hating on Lebron or that WWE wrestler John Cena. I hate certain people in high school because they were just pricks to me and to the people i cared about...or just pricks to everybody else. I hate Lebron because he is not a player I can look up too. I look up players like Michael Jordan, Julius Erving, Larry Bird, Jabar, Hakeem, Kobe, but Lebron? He represents what most people don't like in a role model athlete.

He doesn't show his heart, loyalty, or dedication to the game, he sells himself as the egotistic prick. Now the players i mentioned are also probably egomanics, but they do that **** on the court, not in press conferences or in Lebron's case, "big 3 celebration". Larry Bird says "so which one of you is going come in 2nd" on the court, Kobe Bryant says "gotcha" (just before a shoots and makes a three pointer), Michael Jordan says god knows what on the court. Lebron says "Were going to win not one, not two, not three, not four..." in a celebration about a couple of players acquired on the Heat.

People don't like that, they hate arrogance. Especially in Lebron's case, arrogance that can't be backed up. THAT'S THE TYPE OF HATE people hate him for. Not the "I just want to punch this guy and kill him" hate.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't think it's THAT type of hate. I hate certain people in High School differently then I do hating on Lebron or that WWE wrestler John Cena. I hate certain people in high school because they were just pricks to me and to the people i cared about...or just pricks to everybody else. I hate Lebron because he is not a player I can look up too. I look up players like Michael Jordan, Julius Erving, Larry Bird, Jabar, Hakeem, Kobe, but Lebron? He represents what most people don't like in a role model athlete.

He doesn't show his heart, loyalty, or dedication to the game, he sells himself as the egotistic prick. Now the players i mentioned are also probably egomanics, but they do that **** on the court, not in press conferences or in Lebron's case, "big 3 celebration". Larry Bird says "so which one of you is going come in 2nd" on the court, Kobe Bryant says "gotcha" (just before a shoots and makes a three pointer), Michael Jordan says god knows what on the court. Lebron says "Were going to win not one, not two, not three, not four..." in a celebration about a couple of players acquired on the Heat.

People don't like that, they hate arrogance. Especially in Lebron's case, arrogance that can't be backed up. THAT'S THE TYPE OF HATE people hate him for. Not the "I just want to punch this guy and kill him" hate.

poignant words. I guess I view hate differently. I think hate is a word reserved only for someone that has effected a loved one in a very negative way.

Look, I can't stand Kobe. But I don't hate him. I wish he would never win again, but what effect does it have on my life? None. At the end of the day, it absorbs too much of my emotions to hate an entity that has never been in my life, so why bother?

ldawg
08-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Keep buying Lebron shoes and jersey he don't care what you all got to say as long as you keep the paper flowing, go back to you all petty little lives. Kobe on the other hand need to stop calling these men kids. Kobe act like he is older like Jordan, Magic, Hakeem, Bird etc.. Lebron is not a kid even if he acts like it. The dude look older than my 97 year old grandma on steroids.

ghettosean
08-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Anyone who switches teams the way LeBron did is apt to receive a lot of hate. He sat there while his team and their "fans" threw a championship parade in July. How did that work? Oh yeah, my Dallas Mavericks beat LeBron and the Heat (when it should be noted as Wade and the Heat) at their place. Dallas became the first team to win at Miami in the playoffs and beat them in back to back games (3 in a row). LeBron infamously said they were going to win 8 championships, listing them one at a time. The games greatest player won 6. Not 8. 6. LeBron had never won a single Finals game before this. There is nothing wrong with confidence but basically guaranteeing 8 championships when not a single practice had been held is ridiculous. Claiming titles like these and displaying a terrible clutch game throughout the regular season and disappearing in the Finals while Dirk, a true champion and winner, dominated, is going to draw a whole lot of hate. How about him and Wade making fun of Dirk for being sick in the Finals? Dirk is probably the most humble NBA player if not athlete in the world and LeBron is going to make fun of him, in the Finals nonetheless. What did Dirk do? Well he won that game with a game winner including having another game winner with a hurt hand. What did a healthy LeBron do? 17.8 ppg 4.0 turnovers per game 47.8 FG% 32.1 3PT% 60.0 FT% including an all time personal worst 8 point 3/11 FG Game 4. When you are hyped up as being the greatest player or even athlete of all time and you accept it as if it is already true, things like this will draw a lot of hate. I didn't even show his 4th quarter stats which are horrific.

Does LeBron deserve his jersey being burned in streets and extremes such as death jokes, etc...? No. Does he deserve criticism? Certainly, even up to this day. It's his own fault. If he wants it to stop, I have some advice: Stop being so damn cocky, show up in the Finals, and accept the fact that you are not currently or ever will be the greatest of all time. Dirk hasn't said ****. His silence got him a championship en route to whooping LeBron and Wade's *** in the Finals.

THIS

Honestly if Lebron smartens up and doesn't do stupid idiotic stuff like this while the cameras are on he might be thought of differently by most but he won't fool me I'll always know he's a f*cking @sshole! He's shown it too many times on too many occasions for it not to be true by now!!! I almost wonder what stupid thing he'll do at the start of the season but if it's just playing basketball and talking basketball he might be ok. I'm not even mad about the start of the season with him ingratiating himself and how many championships his trio would get... It's now his continued stupidity and disrespect towards others and that's including the NBA players and fans with his NBA finals comments.

A$$hole! No other word for him!

JNA17
08-02-2011, 08:54 PM
poignant words. I guess I view hate differently. I think hate is a word reserved only for someone that has effected a loved one in a very negative way.

Look, I can't stand Kobe. But I don't hate him. I wish he would never win again, but what effect does it have on my life? None. At the end of the day, it absorbs too much of my emotions to hate an entity that has never been in my life, so why bother?

I'm pretty much on the same boat except with the opposite players XD. If Lebron ever wins a title or not, it won't affect my life. I'm not going to all of a sudden become an angry person if he does win one or be in happy la la land if he doesn't. However, THIS kind of hate imo is entertaining hate. You know, like people that hate Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber. It's not an emotional hate. It's just hate because of the fact it's entertaining to hate on someone who is apart of an entertaining sport we know and love as basketball. We cheer for the people or teams we do like, and boo to the people or teams we don't and hope they fail. Hating on a basketball team (for me, the Celtics) is no different then hating on Lebron.

We also need this hate to keep the entertainment going. In sports, love and hate is important for sports. I mean think about it, would Basketball or any major competitive sport be as entertaining without people hating a certain player or team and then cheering when that team or player happens to lose?

Hawkeye15
08-02-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty much on the same boat except with the opposite players XD. If Lebron ever wins a title or not, it won't affect my life. I'm not going to all of a sudden become an angry person if he does win one or be in happy la la land if he doesn't. However, THIS kind of hate imo is entertaining hate. You know, like people that hate Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber. It's not an emotional hate. It's just hate because of the fact it's entertaining to hate on someone who is apart of an entertaining sport we know and love as basketball. We cheer for the people or teams we do like, and boo to the people or teams we don't and hope they fail. Hating on a basketball team (for me, the Celtics) is no different then hating on Lebron.

We also need this hate to keep the entertainment going. In sports, love and hate is important for sports. I mean think about it, would Basketball or any major competitive sport be as entertaining without people hating a certain player or team and then cheering when that team or player happens to lose?

good points. I can agree with all of this. Basically you are saying that while you may "hate" player A, it doesn't mean you actually have a pure hatred for them, you simply are using the word in a competitive environment. I have no problem with that, and you are exactly right, its what makes sports compelling.

As I said, I root for Bron because I was indifferent to him as a player, enjoyed watching him play, and am against the hatred personally. I won't ever defend his complete inability to speak publically, its a huge weak point. But I will continue to root for him

JNA17
08-02-2011, 09:09 PM
good points. I can agree with all of this. Basically you are saying that while you may "hate" player A, it doesn't mean you actually have a pure hatred for them, you simply are using the word in a competitive environment. I have no problem with that, and you are exactly right, its what makes sports compelling.

As I said, I root for Bron because I was indifferent to him as a player, enjoyed watching him play, and am against the hatred personally. I won't ever defend his complete inability to speak publically, its a huge weak point. But I will continue to root for him

Yeah exactly. You pretty much said it in better wording.

Which reminds me i should probably sleep right now since I took an ambien two hours ago and i suddenly feeling like I'm typing on a type writer...of course I'm not but...

Ok I should go, bye now XD.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2011, 09:12 PM
haha, goodnight JNA17...

YungIce12
08-03-2011, 02:24 AM
For some reason, I don't understand why anyone would take what Lebron said about winning 8 championships serious when he wasn't serious about what he said. There is a big difference between someone saying they are going to win 8 championships at a press conference than saying someone saying they are going to win 8 championships at a Hype Party/Celebration. Even though there shouldn't have been a Hype Party to begin with, there is a time and place to play around and the Hype Party/Celebration was one of them.

ghettosean
08-03-2011, 11:55 AM
For some reason, I don't understand why anyone would take what Lebron said about winning 8 championships serious when he wasn't serious about what he said. There is a big difference between someone saying they are going to win 8 championships at a press conference than saying someone saying they are going to win 8 championships at a Hype Party/Celebration. Even though there shouldn't have been a Hype Party to begin with, there is a time and place to play around and the Hype Party/Celebration was one of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXoiQzBbs5I

"And when I say this I really believe it... I'm not up here blowing smoke at these fans"

So ummmmmmmmmm screw Lebron and Kobe needs to STFU though it was nice to try and stick up for Lebron I'm sure James would do the same for him... LOL.

JWO35
08-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Kobe Bryant is eyeing South Beach as his final destination :eyebrow:

ghettosean
08-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Damn that was actually very insightful.

Nice!

YungIce12
08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXoiQzBbs5I

"And when I say this I really believe it... I'm not up here blowing smoke at these fans"

So ummmmmmmmmm screw Lebron and Kobe needs to STFU though it was nice to try and stick up for Lebron I'm sure James would do the same for him... LOL.

Even with that quote, I'm still not going take what he said about winning 8+ championships based on how he acted; however I will take what he said about winning multiple championships serious.

DoubleDragon
08-03-2011, 02:43 PM

Agreed.
Yeah, people will try anything to turn Kobe's words derogatory. He's always called him "kid", Jordan called Kobe "kid" for those old enough to remember.
Fer chrissakes, he was defending LBJ. Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

ghettosean
08-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Even with that quote, I'm still not going take what he said about winning 8+ championships based on how he acted; however I will take what he said about winning multiple championships serious.
If you really believe that then Lebron needs to STFU.

Agreed?!?

YungIce12
08-04-2011, 11:28 PM
If you really believe that then Lebron needs to STFU.

Agreed?!?

At times he does need to keep shut up not just because the media blows things out of proportion, but because he says and does stupid things at times.