PDA

View Full Version : LA Times Article on Jays

Rugger
07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sns-tsn-aan-tomanc-column2-tor-20110728,0,75922.story

a good read, they believe the Jays could be serious contenders next year, and for years to come, with just one more starting pitcher.

Luca68
07-29-2011, 11:22 AM
wow the la times made an article about us, were making it big lmao :)

Jay
07-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Henderson Alvarez!

North Yorker
07-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Great read, thanks.

Bombtista
07-29-2011, 11:53 AM
That made me smile, good to see people are recognizing what is going on here in Toronto. I think its really something special.

I havnt been so excited about a toronto team ever.... 92, 93 doesnt count for me as i was too young :D

King Rick
07-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Comparing AA to Gillick may have made my day. I'm glad other cities are noticing what we're doing, and that come 2012 "experts" shouldn't expect us to be in the AL East basement anymore

North Yorker
07-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Comparing AA to Gillick may have made my day. I'm glad other cities are noticing what we're doing, and that come 2012 "experts" shouldn't expect us to be in the AL East basement anymore

Experts were picking Balt to finish ahead of us the last 2 years :laugh2:

Watch them all jump on the bandwagon next season

Big Hurt
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I would not discount EE as part of our core.
Dude is raking lately and is still only 28...6 months older than Lind.
Younger than Escobar, and Hill.
I would quite enjoy EE as the DH of the future even as a platoon with Thames.

lmallia
07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I would not discount EE as part of our core.
Dude is raking lately and is still only 28...6 months older than Lind.
Younger than Escobar, and Hill.
I would quite enjoy EE as the DH of the future even as a platoon with Thames.

Sadly, this.

I love Thames as much as anyone but as a pure DH and doesnt have to field, I think EE would actually be a better option.

King Rick
07-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Sadly, this.

I love Thames as much as anyone but as a pure DH and doesnt have to field, I think EE would actually be a better option.

Having Thames DH would make games go by faster... Have you seen him hustle around the bases on a HR? You'd think they were fielding the ball the way he gets around there

BlueJayFanDan
07-29-2011, 02:40 PM
I get the LA Times paper every day and never saw this article in the paper. They never talk about the Jays either :(. Glad to see we are getting love all around baseball now.

Kelly Gruber
07-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Sadly, this.

Except that Thames can actually play the field. Nice that E5 can hit the ball in streaks and all, but to me I'd rather have a guy that can actually play baseball on the roster. Thames can DH and spell the corner OF spots, bringing confidence and intensity to the roster.

jakedajewler
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
I think you'll see either Snider or Thames moved in the offseason as part of a deal to pick up a big time pitcher

lmallia
07-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Except that Thames can actually play the field. Nice that E5 can hit the ball in streaks and all, but to me I'd rather have a guy that can actually play baseball on the roster. Thames can DH and spell the corner OF spots, bringing confidence and intensity to the roster.

Well sure I agree, but when you have a bench of J-Mac, Teahan, Davis, etc.. You take the best bat for your DH, not who can play more positions.

Rugger
07-29-2011, 04:11 PM
I get the LA Times paper every day and never saw this article in the paper. They never talk about the Jays either :(. Glad to see we are getting love all around baseball now.

lol, I sure don't (Cambridge, Ontario here) but was some random work lunch reading that came across it in.

Nofear
07-29-2011, 04:43 PM

Thats because its not an LA Times article as stated. The article is written by the Sports Network and picked up to fill in some missing bandwidth on the website. Read the author and the end courtesy on the article and you'll see.

Theres no "Jays love" going on, we're still just filler material

JoeyBats
07-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Great read. Gets you really pumped for the future.

BlueJayFanDan
07-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Thats because its not an LA Times article as stated. The article is written by the Sports Network and picked up to fill in some missing bandwidth on the website. Read the author and the end courtesy on the article and you'll see.

Theres no "Jays love" going on, we're still just filler material

Awwww sad day :(

Chadsky
07-29-2011, 10:36 PM
I don't know if more moves are in the cards for AA, but we have got to do something with all of the talent we have and the need for another SP. I love the idea of having Cecil, Morrow and Drabek as 3, 4 and 5. But we need another 1 or 2 (obviously we need a closer too). If it's Thames or Snider and another young arm we have to trade then lets just do it and get it over with. Very exciting times. Its so frustrating to think that if we had a normal amount of blown saves, we would be right in the middle of the race!!!

PabloEscobar
07-30-2011, 05:28 AM
I don't know if more moves are in the cards for AA, but we have got to do something with all of the talent we have and the need for another SP. I love the idea of having Cecil, Morrow and Drabek as 3, 4 and 5. But we need another 1 or 2 (obviously we need a closer too). If it's Thames or Snider and another young arm we have to trade then lets just do it and get it over with. Very exciting times. Its so frustrating to think that if we had a normal amount of blown saves, we would be right in the middle of the race!!!

I think Romero/Morrow are more then fine as a teams #2 and #3.

We need that true #1, a guy who can be a slump buster, go into places like Boston and New York and silence a powerfull offence. The problem with that is there just isnt many of these types and almost never available. I think Ubaldo Jimenez is a very good pitcher but doesnt fit this description. I dont expect us to obtain that starter at the deadline and expect us to more get another 1B/2A type (CJ Wilson possibly) in the offseason. I know hes not everyones favorite pitcher but that would make a pretty solid rotation especially if Drabek could get his **** in order for the start of next season. Who knows maybe we actually make a play for Yu Darvish if the Jays staff think hes a legit ace going forward. It will be really interesting to see how the rotation plays out next season with lots of potential scenarios.

ThunderZubb
07-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Ya we need an ace pitcher well why don't we try to make a trade with the phillies for Roy halladay I think this guy is pretty good that is what I heard but I have not watched him play. Do you guys think he would ever play for the blue jays? J/k well I wish AA was our GM four years ago not JP as our GM because AA would of made this Toronto blue jays team a playoff caliber team if AA was GM like 7 years ago or something like that. AA would not of wasted a talented pitcher like Doc years by roiting away in this rotation. Maybe go after Felix from Seattle see if he is on market because trust me if you offer mariners something good for him like three propects than they cannot refuse to not listen or at least give it a thought like starting with drabek and Travis d'araund to start with. I believe in JP as our future catcher for this team so that why I don't mind parting ways with Travis D'araund in a package with Kyle drabek.