PDA

View Full Version : Beaubois will be the most vital element to a Dallas Mavericks repeat.

franchise99
07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
As an avid Mavericks fan, I really like the Mavericks chances to go on another championship run. As I reflect on the season, you've gotta admit the the Dallas Mavericks are without a doubt one of the best teams in the league. However, if the Mavs hope to win another championship not only should they resign Barea, Chandler, and Butler if possible but they better take advantage of Beaubois, because when it come to young talent the Mavericks simply do not have much of it.

Lets all face a fact, the Mavs don't have many great years left unless they vitalize their youth in Mahinmi, Barea, and especially Beaubois. Roddy had a very disappointing year, but we all have to realize that he just came back from a really tough injury, and he just couldn't rehab in time to have a solid year.

Now most people would think that Roddy is a player that simply does not have the potential to be great, but I'll be the first to tell all of the doubters out there otherwise. Roddy's rookie year was fantastic, I mean come on now what kind of rookie scores 40 points in like 28 minutes. I believe that once Roddy learns how to control his speed and to finish near the basket then he can be a very dynamic and explosive point guard. He has the speed of Devin Harris, the agility and quickness of Parker and an unbelievably phenomenal all around offensive game.

I've known people that referred to Roddy as fragile and unskilled, but come on now, how in the world did he put up 40 points in a game.

Think thats a fluke?

Go back to 2010 when the Mavs were down by 20 plus points, and then one rookie helped us rally back and even take the lead at one point.

Believe I know his sophomore year wasn't legendary, but Roddy has the making of good player without a doubt whether or not he can be great is up to how much time the Mavericks are willing to invest in him.

And i'll bet you that number three will be a valuable asset come next year.

If there is a next year...

Kevin

llemon
07-28-2011, 08:11 PM
That's nice

justinnum1
07-28-2011, 08:11 PM
:yawn:

RC3
07-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Beaubois is overated and so is luol deng.

jimbobjarree
07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
surely a new CBA would be more vital?

Chacarron
07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Welcome to PSD.

CB29
07-28-2011, 08:22 PM
they have a guy named dirk nowitzki's who's probably the most vital element.

Hellcrooner
07-28-2011, 09:14 PM
I would say the Mavs just Traded for a player in order to bury the frenchman and his health issues even more in the rotation.

LakersMaster24
07-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Roddy is over-hyped, I mean he is a good player, but there are many players who could be in his spot and be productive. Dallas didnt have a big problem playing without him. I mean where is he going to get minutes? Terry, Kidd, Barea and Butler are all using up a lot of time.

Ebbs
07-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Beaubois is overated and so is luol deng.

Lolz random but so true and I'm a Mavs fan. So many Mavs fans think Roddy is a superstar in the making but I have doubts on him as a role player at this point.

they have a guy named dirk nowitzki's who's probably the most vital element.

this also.

I would say the Mavs just Traded for a player in order to bury the frenchman and his health issues even more in the rotation.

also this.

Roddy is over-hyped, I mean he is a good player, but there are many players who could be in his spot and be productive. Dallas didnt have a big problem playing without him. I mean where is he going to get minutes? Terry, Kidd, Barea and Butler are all using up a lot of time.

And who knows what happens with Stevenson.

1: Kidd/Barea
2: Terry/Stevenson/Fernandez/Butler/Brewer willl all see minutes at the 2 though Butler will play the 3 also.

Beaubois is in trouble.

LakersMaster24
07-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Lolz random but so true and I'm a Mavs fan. So many Mavs fans think Roddy is a superstar in the making but I have doubts on him as a role player at this point.

this also.

also this.

And who knows what happens with Stevenson.

1: Kidd/Barea
2: Terry/Stevenson/Fernandez/Butler/Brewer willl all see minutes at the 2 though Butler will play the 3 also.

Beaubois is in trouble.

Yup,Stevenson has been great for the Mavs, totally forgot him!

Mishmin
07-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Much like the Nuggets after the trade last year, the Mavs are so deep that they will inevitably lose players. Can't sign em all. But Roddy isn't "in trouble". If they keep him, they keep him. If not, there are many teams that will be happy to sign him.

BlondeBomber41
07-28-2011, 10:11 PM
I still have absolute faith in Roddy Beaubois. He wasn't himself after he came back from that long foot injury, he was hesitant to drive off of his foot and he settled for alot more jumpers. Get him healthy and some more experience and he'll be back beasting. He is a better player than Rudy Fernandez. The first slip up by Rudy next year that gives them a reason to bench him for Roddy could end up costing Fernandez his spot in the rotation to Roddy.

Hellcrooner
07-28-2011, 10:16 PM
I still have absolute faith in Roddy Beaubois. He wasn't himself after he came back from that long foot injury, he was hesitant to drive off of his foot and he settled for alot more jumpers. Get him healthy and some more experience and he'll be back beasting. He is a better player than Rudy Fernandez. The first slip up by Rudy next year that gives them a reason to bench him for Roddy could end up costing Fernandez his spot in the rotation to Roddy.

Oh thats very good, playing under such pressure.
Btw BOTH can play some Pg, and rudy can play some Sf so i think theres minutes for both of them even at the same time on court.

Good to see its not Pau hate but Spaniard hate what theres in stock with you.

Gators123
07-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Why is Roddy so hyped? I see him as a nice role player.

Hellcrooner
07-28-2011, 10:28 PM

no, he has potential to be a very good starter in the league, but injurys are not allowing him too.
And when injurys bug you so often and so young theres no coming back.
Sadly.

heyman321
07-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Beaubois is overrated. A healthy Butler, still going Kidd, healthy Chandler, and Dirk is what they need.

mzgrizz
07-29-2011, 12:05 AM

I'm with you on this one.........he barely made a dent in the last playoff series

Toxeryll
07-29-2011, 12:18 AM
hes so overrated

sep11ie
07-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Grow a sig and I'll attempt to comment on your thoughts.

SNYmets86
07-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Beaubois reminds me alot of barbosa

franchise99
07-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Don't get me wrong obviously Dirk is the best player of the Mavs, but I believe that in future Roddy can help the Mavs tremendously, personally I see him as a solid 18 ppg and 6 assists per game type of guy.

iggypop123
07-29-2011, 03:02 AM
roddy is nothing special. a bit of a chucker. at least barrea penetrates to pass. i still cant beleive cuban once said he would only trade roddy for only kobe and lebron.

John Walls Era
07-29-2011, 03:39 AM
They got there without him the first time. For the little PT he gets, he sure is loved.

marj987
07-29-2011, 04:28 AM
no, he has potential to be a very good starter in the league, but injurys are not allowing him too.
And when injurys bug you so often and so young theres no coming back.
Sadly.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/4566482794_8cd4b7bb5b_o.jpg

dodie53
07-29-2011, 04:38 AM
the mavs will use him as trade bait

marj987
07-29-2011, 04:44 AM
Grow a sig and I'll attempt to comment on your thoughts.

I've been studying you posts, and come to an conclusion that you are a cynical *******. Beaubois has done better than the character in your sig the last two years than McGrady did in the last three.

PurpleJesus
07-29-2011, 05:13 AM
I would think Dirk would be the most vital element to a repeat.

MR.TRIPDUB
07-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Oh thats very good, playing under such pressure.
Btw BOTH can play some Pg, and rudy can play some Sf so i think theres minutes for both of them even at the same time on court.

Good to see its not Pau hate but Spaniard hate what theres in stock with you.
Its not spaniards he hate its you and your hate for dirk. Right bb41?:cool:

sep11ie
07-29-2011, 10:39 AM
I've been studying you posts, and come to an conclusion that you are a cynical *******. Beaubois has done better than the character in your sig the last two years than McGrady did in the last three.

Umm, It's not a T-Mac love sig... Nice try though.

PHX2daDEATH
07-29-2011, 11:47 AM

this and if the suns dangled Nash at some point after the lockout ends (Granted Kidd Retires) The Mavs would offer Roddy in a heart beat.

LakersIn5
07-29-2011, 12:14 PM
so overated. beaubois is a role player. the vital part to the mavs road to repeat is the miami heat and west teams.