PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love: "Consensus" NBA players were Happy for Heat loss.

dnewguy
07-28-2011, 02:56 PM
During his interview, the Minnesota Timberwolves forward was asked, “Did guys around the league enjoy the fact that the Heat didn’t win the championship?”

You bet, Love responded.

Oh yeah, great amount of joy out of it,.........Plus, for me, they say nice guys, good guys finish last. But Dallas, they just had a slew of great guys and veterans on their team that made for just a great team.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2011/07/kevin-love-nba-players-enjoyed-watching-heat-lose.html

ChiSox219
07-28-2011, 03:00 PM
^he mad

Shmontaine
07-28-2011, 03:02 PM
^^ lol dude... don't know if you ever endorsed him, but i think it's hilarious you hate anyone who says bad things about the heat... omg, not many people outside like the heat... shocker...

they are probably all jealous PSD bulls fans... :)

Chacarron
07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
I love it.

bradyoverrated
"Kevin Love is also a candidate for most overrated PF in the league"

.....but Love lost out to...thats right...Chris Bosh, for most overrated PF in the league.

:'(

Tony_Starks
Sounds haterific to me......

llemon
07-28-2011, 03:04 PM
I'd imagine Kevin Love's statement is relatively accurate.

Shmontaine
07-28-2011, 03:07 PM
I'd imagine Kevin Love's statement is relatively accurate.

:nod:

the decision/celebration left a lot of people rooting for their failure...

Trace
07-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Sounds haterific to me......

The word "hate" has lost all meaning nowadays. :rolleyes:

sixer04fan
07-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Of course. The Heat are the evil empire of the NBA now, and the majority of fans and players were rooting against them.

nycericanguy
07-28-2011, 03:20 PM

Lol for real!

Do people think other players are supposed to be rooting for Lebron & MIA?

The same reason fans dislike what & how the MIA team got together, I'm sure alot of players feel the same way.

LeGacy is Music
07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
YEA He had a big BOWL of HATERADE

Sadds The Gr8
07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
not surprising. everybody wanted them to lose.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-28-2011, 03:24 PM
"Kevin Love is also a candidate for most overrated PF in the league"

.....but Love lost out to...thats right...Chris Bosh, for most overrated PF in the league.

:'(

How is Love overrated? Or do you just like saying every good player is overrated?

Trace
07-28-2011, 03:25 PM
The Miami Heat announced that they were going to win 8 championships. I'm pretty sure the rest of the league took offense to their comments. I don't understand why some of you think Love's comments are out of line?

And honestly, attacking Kevin Love doesn't make his statements any more or less true.

LionsFan..LOL
07-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Outside of the city of Miami who actually wanted the Heat to win is the bigger question?

TO Rapz
The Miami Heat announced that they were going to win 8 championships. I'm pretty sure the rest of the league took offense to his comments. I don't understand why some of you think his comments are out of line?

And honestly, attacking Kevin Love doesn't make his statements any more or less true.

This.

TO Rapz
Outside of the city of Miami who actually wanted the Heat to win is the bigger question?

and this.

nycsports2
ya me 2 lol

pd1dish
07-28-2011, 03:33 PM
whether you think Love is hating or not, that statement is probably 100% true

nycsports2
The Miami Heat announced that they were going to win 8 championships. I'm pretty sure the rest of the league took offense to his comments. I don't understand why some of you think his comments are out of line?

answer here^

pd1dish

all the bandwagon fans who have nothing to do with Miami

Tony_Starks
07-28-2011, 03:37 PM
I get that "the decision" and ensuing celebration brought about all this backlash ok. My thing is at what point do you get over it? It was over the top but at the end of the day it was a celebration for the miami fans. I laughed it off and thought "wow they're cocky" but that was about it. People are on some dramatic stuff like "I hope they never win....EVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!"

Is it that serious?

CHANGO
07-28-2011, 03:37 PM
LOL that's new? We know that a lot of players/people hate the HEAT. So? What's the problem?

BTW this is what I think...

We got 'em goin down for the count, lookin at the ground
That's why we got haters, that's why we got haters
Haters everywhere we go, haters everywhere we go
Haters everywhere we go, where we go haters go...

:D

Cool007
07-28-2011, 03:43 PM
the miami heat announced that they were going to win 8 championships. I'm pretty sure the rest of the league took offense to his comments. I don't understand why some of you think his comments are out of line?

And honestly, attacking kevin love doesn't make his statements any more or less true.

+1.

asandhu23
07-28-2011, 03:49 PM
good ol' dnewguy whining about people hating on his current bandwagon.

llemon
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
I get that "the decision" and ensuing celebration brought about all this backlash ok. My thing is at what point do you get over it? It was over the top but at the end of the day it was a celebration for the miami fans. I laughed it off and thought "wow they're cocky" but that was about it. People are on some dramatic stuff like "I hope they never win....EVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!"

Is it that serious?

Is anything in sports serious?

'fan' is short 'fanatic'.

Trace
07-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Is anything in sports serious?

'fan' is short 'fanatic'.

Sensationalism/Obvious partiality in sports journalism doesn't help either.

topdog
07-28-2011, 03:56 PM
The Miami Heat announced that they were going to win 8 championships. I'm pretty sure the rest of the league took offense to their comments. I don't understand why some of you think Love's comments are out of line?

Seriously. If that doesn't bug you as an NBA player, wtf are you doing in the league?!

I love how guys can act like douchebags and then it's "hate" when people either a. don't want them to succeed or b. simply point out when they are acting like douchebags.

Shmontaine
07-28-2011, 03:58 PM

Is it that serious?

what do you mean?? competitors keep that **** forever.. they use it as motivation... i'm sure most players say exactly that..."i hope they never win" and they will be hated until they break up... only they have the opportunity to ensure that the heat don't win.. fans don't

if you, a miami fan, thought it was cocky, imagine what the players of other teams thought... they will not forgive or forget, it sports... the heat put a bulls eye on their backs for the next 7 years...

Hawkeye15
07-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Love is a hater :)

But I am sure most of the players around the league are just like a normal fan when it comes down to it. And we all know the average fan wants Miami to never win

bradyoverrated
07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
How is Love overrated? Or do you just like saying every good player is overrated?

I was quoting the original posting

SteBO
07-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Kevin Love is dead on here. He isn't "hating" imo and this is just another classic example of people overusing the word. Even if people do hate our team, why does the fanbase care what others think? Let them dislike our team. It doesn't make them better fans, or better people, it's just sports and it was meant to be fun. I think it's time for the Heat fanbase as a whole, not anyone in particular, to just embrace it and accept it for what it is. Our lives as Heat fans would be so much more enjoyable. :)

Rosh
07-28-2011, 04:18 PM
This isn't a surprise, and I'm glad that there's a unified sentiment as such.

Shmontaine
07-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Kevin Love is dead on here. He isn't "hating" imo and this is just another classic example of people overusing the word. Even if people do hate our team, why does the fanbase care what others think? Let them dislike our team. It doesn't make them better fans, or better people, it's just sports and it was meant to be fun. I think it's time for the Heat fanbase as a whole, not anyone in particular, to just embrace it and accept it for what it is. Our lives as Heat fans would be so much more enjoyable. :)

it's really only like 3 heat posters on here..

JonnyBrav000
07-28-2011, 04:21 PM
It's funny how Heat fans are crying over this. If everyone is such a hater, then just brush it off and ignore it. I guess it makes all the Lebron stans uncomfortable to hear people dislike their hero. I'm happy the Heat lost, and if Lebron didn't have such a big mouth and the IQ of a 10 year old, then I and I'm sure most people wouldn't care to root against them next year, but with his reaction after losing the finals, trying to diss the people, I say, the Queen needs to get ready to go down again.

What I love about this is that little by little Dwayne Wade has proven to be the superior player, shouldn't the Heat just trade Lebron for Dwight if they actually want to win???

J-Relo
07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
^^ lol dude... don't know if you ever endorsed him, but i think it's hilarious you hate anyone who says bad things about the heat... omg, not many people outside like the heat... shocker...

they are probably all jealous PSD bulls fans... :)

and I love how much of a hater you are ;) though it's cool, most of us are biased :D

SteBO
07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
it's really only like 3 heat posters on here..
I just don't think this is hate in any way, it's just reality. People dislike the Heat, therefore people are going to root against them. Kevin Love is just stating the obvious.

sixer04fan
07-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Seriously if I hear a Miami fan use the word "hater" one more time I'm gonna flip ****. You're not cool! Shut the **** up!

SteBO
It's funny how Heat fans are crying over this. If everyone is such a hater, then just brush it off and ignore it. I guess it makes all the Lebron stans uncomfortable to hear people dislike their hero. I'm happy the Heat lost, and if Lebron didn't have such a big mouth and the IQ of a 10 year old, then I and I'm sure most people wouldn't care to root against them next year, but with his reaction after losing the finals, trying to diss the people, I say, the Queen needs to get ready to go down again.

What I love about this is that little by little Dwayne Wade has proven to be the superior player, shouldn't the Heat just trade Lebron for Dwight if they actually want to win???
Who's crying? It is what it is and considering we were 2 wins away from a championship, Dwight Howard is unecessary. What is necessary is for LeBron to make improvements in his game and for Bosh to get more involved in the offense.

29$JerZ
Not surprising
That arrogant premature declaration of multiple titles isn't a good way to have the league have your back

I thought the OP had to delete his account. Am I missing something?

Shmontaine
07-28-2011, 04:33 PM
and I love how much of a hater you are ;) though it's cool, most of us are biased :D

The only i do is hold the "king" to high standards, which i guess makes me a hater... i'll give him is props as soon as he earns it..

Hawkeye15
07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Seriously if I hear a Miami fan use the word "hater" one more time I'm gonna flip ****. You're not cool! Shut the **** up!

um, Knicks, Bulls, Lakers, and other teams fans use the term as well.

I actually think Miami fans have the most beef to use that word. Why do people hate the Heat? Is there a legit reason? Its a personal opinion. So we now enter the irrational world.

But when you lay out a foundational post on why Melo isn't as good as Durant, and there are numbers and groundwork for the post, and you get called a hater, now THAT is the ones that annoy me

However, I can't stand the term regardless. But you can't jump on Miami fans for using it because someone can't stand their team even though they have no legit reason for it and then let it slide when someone can't come up with any response(s) to a valid argument about their teams player not getting the credit that individual fan thinks he does, even when the case is laid out in front of them.

sammid21
07-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I guess the reason Heat fans use the word "hater" is because they root for douchebags and watch jersey shore.

Get it thru your heads, people dislike the heat for their arrogance, not because of the actual players. and i used dislike because the real defenition of "your" hate is jealousy. and believe me no one is jealous. Their big egos make it easy to actually hate them, hate as in dislike.

Do you miami fans like egotistical and arrogant people? just a question. and FYI, if Rose or any bulls player became a douche then i'd dislike them, i wouldnt be biased and root for them just because they play for my favorite team.

Shmontaine
07-28-2011, 04:51 PM
um, Knicks, Bulls, Lakers, and other teams fans use the term as well.

I actually think Miami fans have the most beef to use that word. Why do people hate the Heat? Is there a legit reason? Its a personal opinion. So we now enter the irrational world.

But when you lay out a foundational post on why Melo isn't as good as Durant, and there are numbers and groundwork for the post, and you get called a hater, now THAT is the ones that annoy me

However, I can't stand the term regardless. But you can't jump on Miami fans for using it because someone can't stand their team even though they have no legit reason for it and then let it slide when someone can't come up with any response(s) to a valid argument about their teams player not getting the credit that individual fan thinks he does, even when the case is laid out in front of them.

so now it's irrational to dislike a team?? based off what the team has said, and acted like in the past??.. okay man... i guess the majority of nba fans and personnel are irrational... or you are.. :shrug:

SteBO
07-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I guess the reason Heat fans use the word "hater" is because they root for douchebags and watch jersey shore.

Get it thru your heads, people dislike the heat for their arrogance, not because of the actual players. and i used dislike because the real defenition of "your" hate is jealousy. and believe me no one is jealous. Their big egos make it easy to actually hate them, hate as in dislike.

Do you miami fans like egotistical and arrogant people? just a question. and FYI, if Rose or any bulls player became a douche then i'd dislike them, i wouldnt be biased and root for them just because they play for my favorite team.
Really? It's very easy for you to say this dude, because your team hasn't been faced with anywhere near the scrutiny MIA has. I find it very difficult to believe that even if Rose became an arrogant d-bag, that you wouldn't be defending him like a machine.

nycericanguy
07-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Is it that serious?

You're right and it really isn't that serious and I think pretty much everyone is over it.

At the end of the day I don't think Kevin Love or any other NBA player sits around hoping for MIA to lose. But if they had their choice I'm sure they'd prefer to see MIA lose to a good guy like Dirk.

People are passionate about sports, I don't want MIA to ever win... but I wouldn't call myself dramatic over it, I won't lose sleep over it if they win, at the end of the day sports is just a hobby and a way to pass time. but do I want them to win? No of course not.

i think you're making a false correlation by basically saying if you don't want MIA to win you're being dramatic or you're being a hater. People will always have teams they root for in sports, and teams they root against. Wouldn't be fun otherwise.

CHANGO
07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I just don't think this is hate in any way, it's just reality. People dislike the Heat, therefore people are going to root against them. Kevin Love is just stating the obvious.

Exactly...

CHANGO
07-28-2011, 05:13 PM

You sir... Are a HATER...

sammid21
07-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Really? It's very easy for you to say this dude, because your team hasn't been faced with anywhere near the scrutiny MIA has. I find it very difficult to believe that even if Rose became an arrogant d-bag, that you wouldn't be defending him like a machine.

In total honesty, yes i wouldnt like him. I generally dont like douchey people. Arrogance like Jordan or Kobe have is a different type of arrogance. and the confidence they had was different than being a douchebag. For instance. Jay Cutler is a douche and arrogant yet he isnt a show off like LBJ, Bosh and Wade. i guess you can call them conceided and thats irritating to most people.

Every real NBA fan hated the 90s bulls because Jordan would destroy them, so my team was somewhat scrutinized (not to this extent) but because its easy to dislike the 3 douches in Miami.

you are a level headed heat fan so that was more directed at the other blind biased heat fans.

avrpatsfan
07-28-2011, 05:14 PM
^he mad
He gets paid to play basketball, I doubt he's mad. He's right though, who wants to see the bad guys win?

smith&wesson
07-28-2011, 05:21 PM
well imagine your picking teams between your friends. and the three best players are on one team and the scrubs consist of the other teams. would you want them to lose too.

SteBO
07-28-2011, 05:21 PM
In total honesty, yes i wouldnt like him. I generally dont like douchey people. Arrogance like Jordan or Kobe have is a different type of arrogance. and the confidence they had was different than being a douchebag. For instance. Jay Cutler is a douche and arrogant yet he isnt a show off like LBJ, Bosh and Wade. i guess you can call them conceided and thats irritating to most people.

Every real NBA fan hated the 90s bulls because Jordan would destroy them, so my team was somewhat scrutinized (not to this extent) but because its easy to dislike the 3 douches in Miami.

you are a level headed heat fan so that was more directed at the other blind biased heat fans.
Guess I'll take your word for it here. Like I said, some of the hate they get is unecessary, but I'm well aware that some of that was also self-inflicted.

I don't think you'll have to worry about Rose becoming anything like that though. He's too good a kid, and he surrounds himself with the right people, including his mother, who's been there for him. These are things I can't say LeBron has had.

TheHoopsProphet
07-28-2011, 05:29 PM
YEA He had a big BOWL of HATERADE

wouldn't it be a big cup? Only dogs drink out of bowls, unless you are trying to say Kevin Love is a dog? Cause if you are saying Kevin Love is a dog, then you better put a sock in it u racist.

Brooklyn Mets
07-28-2011, 05:30 PM

x2

sammid21
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Guess I'll take your word for it here. Like I said, some of the hate they get is unecessary, but I'm well aware that some of that was also self-inflicted.

I don't think you'll have to worry about Rose becoming anything like that though. He's too good a kid, and he surrounds himself with the right people, including his mother, who's been there for him. These are things I can't say LeBron has had.

I feel bad for Lebron regarding his mother, but then he opens his mouth and respect flies out the window. Unfortunately he is a victim of circumstance. And unfortunately it seems like LBJ is rubbing off on Wade, cuz Wade used to be a humble dude from what i saw/heard. The heat wouldve been less disliked if they didnt overdo their on court/ off court celebrations and from what i see exaggerations. but thats just my point of view

Slimsim
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM

Hawkeye15
07-28-2011, 05:41 PM
so now it's irrational to dislike a team?? based off what the team has said, and acted like in the past??.. okay man... i guess the majority of nba fans and personnel are irrational... or you are.. :shrug:

no, there is nothing to back it up is what I am saying. Not liking something is a personal choice.

But when someone gives a complete post on why Chris Paul is a better player than Derrick Rose for instance, and the only thing the Bulls poster can say because they are now backed into a corner after being beat up in a logical debate, is, "Rose hater", that is 10 times as bad as someone calling a person a hater because they constantly wish failure upon their team and live vicariously thru that teams players for no other reason than the choice they made.

"Opinionated world"- better term for you?

Tony_Starks
07-28-2011, 05:46 PM
You're right and it really isn't that serious and I think pretty much everyone is over it.

At the end of the day I don't think Kevin Love or any other NBA player sits around hoping for MIA to lose. But if they had their choice I'm sure they'd prefer to see MIA lose to a good guy like Dirk.

People are passionate about sports, I don't want MIA to ever win... but I wouldn't call myself dramatic over it, I won't lose sleep over it if they win, at the end of the day sports is just a hobby and a way to pass time. but do I want them to win? No of course not.

i think you're making a false correlation by basically saying if you don't want MIA to win you're being dramatic or you're being a hater. People will always have teams they root for in sports, and teams they root against. Wouldn't be fun otherwise.

Im not making a correlation because first off Im not even a Miami fan. Im just saying for the neutral fan like myself to say they never want to see them win ever is a bit dramatic to me, especially if its just over how they came together. I guess I can get Cleveland fans still feeling that way, even though thats getting a little pathetic at this point too, but not everyone else. When I watched the finals my team wasn't in it so it didn't really matter to me. I was going for Dirk because he was long overdue but when Miami lost I didn't get any special kick out of it or anything.

But as far as the players are concerned I think a great many of them enjoy seeing them lose. To me its kinda lame because its like hey if you want these guys to lose so bad how about you step your game up and get to the finals and beat them?

They brought it on themselves so Im not playing a violin for them trust me but I just wonder do the people that are so ecstatic over seeing them fail realize that like it or not eventually they will get at least 1 ring out of this deal?

claffyT
07-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Kevin love is a hater, i loss a lot of respect for him :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
07-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I can just see LeBron throwing a monster dunk on Love when they play next season, and saying, "hater"

Tony_Starks
07-28-2011, 05:53 PM
I can just see LeBron throwing a monster dunk on Love when they play next season, and saying, "hater"

.... and then D Wade pretending like he's taking Lebrons picture afterwards in pure mockery!

theheatles
07-28-2011, 05:59 PM
i don't think the majority of the players were offended by the heat coming together, i don't think players were offended by the heats celebration pre season, i don't think the players were offended by LeBron saying he's going to win 8 championships, BUT i do think players were offended when LeBron said it was going to be easy and that's why players rooted against them, because for the most part lebron and wade are loved by most other players

Hawkeye15
07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
.... and then D Wade pretending like he's taking Lebrons picture afterwards in pure mockery!

haha

John Walls Era
07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
No ****.

imagesrdecievin
07-28-2011, 06:56 PM

Darth Vader is taking it back!

Kashmir13579
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Where is dalajah? (or whatever his name is)

Kevin Love agrees with us! See, we aren't bad people like you said we were.

Kashmir13579
07-28-2011, 07:30 PM

Who isn't Lebron gonna throw a monster dunk on? Kevins your boy man. get his back.

topdog
07-28-2011, 07:51 PM

Another legit reason not to like the HEAT - no respect for the game. The arrogance, the in-game taunting, ect. is ridculous and they get away with it because they are "superstars." Not saying there aren't plenty of others doing it, but 3 on one team magnifies the problem.

CHANGO
07-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Another legit reason not to like the HEAT - no respect for the game. The arrogance, the in-game taunting, ect. is ridculous and they get away with it because they are "superstars." Not saying there aren't plenty of others doing it, but 3 on one team magnifies the problem.

Yes! I also hate them even if they are in my team. I mean, no other player does that, none of the greats of all time did that.

Hawkeye15
07-28-2011, 09:39 PM

You sir, are a hater

:)