PDA

View Full Version : Still Venting About Mike Brown

amos1er
07-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Its summer and all is quiet on the home front. Haven't thought about Laker basketball for a minute now, and when I did I just got a pain in my stomach thinking about Mike Brown as out new head coach. Than pain quickly turned into anger. I mean...what the ****...Mike Brown....We really couldn't do any better than that....Adelman, Coach K, Byron Scott...Brian Shaw would have even been better. The decision was made so quickly too. There was not enough candidates interviewed or serious time spent to come to this decision. It took them literally less than a week of interviews to decide such an important thing. **** Jimmy Buss for this erratic decision and all the grief he has given to the top heads of this organization who have put in decades of hard work and have contributed knowledge that has made this the most successful basketball franchise in the last 20 years. I just hope that Jimmy checks his ego at the door and stops getting into pissing contests with everybody pretty soon, because if he doesn't, he will run this organization into the ground.

Marco22
07-28-2011, 09:56 AM
What's wrong with Mike Brown? Sounds like that's personal.

Leftcoast_yg
07-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Adelman - Ex kings coach, but intriguing
B. Scott - still under contract with the Cavs(wasnt allowed to speak with other teams by the cavs f.o.)
Coach K - Faithful to Duke til death
B.Shaw - Triangle??? No thanks, we need a new look.

Iron24th
07-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Last time I checked,Mike Brown made Cleveland one of the best defense in the league,LBJ choked more than anything Mike Brown could do to save the cavs in playoffs,remember the Finals last june?

We're a vets team,no need to have a wonderful offensive coach,but I take a proven defensive coach all day,guess what,that's what Mike Brown is.

Marco22
07-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Change is good.:up:

Hellcrooner
07-28-2011, 12:01 PM
the only thing that worries me of Mike brown is that he has been hired as a spit in the face on kobe bryant , and because he probably was the only tool that didnt inmediately leave the table conversations once stupid Jimmy "freddo" Buss told them that he is not trading Bynum for dwight and than the offense has to run trough Bynum.

QUICKTRADE
07-28-2011, 12:30 PM
give him a chance as anybody else and lets see how he will handle KB. If he was able to bring Lebrom with one superstar to finals then lets see with 2 superstar KB and Pau plus good center and LO.

8kobe24
07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Mike Brown talked the talk, now only time will tell if he'll walk the walk. I'm gonna give him time before I trash him. To his credit, he had led a real championship caliber team in Cleveland before lebonk tanked/choked.

Lakers_4life
07-28-2011, 01:20 PM
i was't happy about the hire at first but after some time i feel like it could turn out to be a good move. defense and rebounds= championship. stay tuned

Avenged
07-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Mike is in a tough situation and will just have to prove how good he really is. With this Lakers team, it looks like we're on the downfall (due to age), so it's really, in my opinion, going to have to be the players whom make him look good or really bad.

whitemamba33
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
I came here expecting a decent argument on why you didn't think Mike Brown was a good fit to coach this team.

My fault. I'll lower my expectations from now on.

KillaInstinct24
07-28-2011, 06:46 PM
i think last season's sweep to the mavs proves that it has more to do with the team than the coach. i mean come on...it was phil jackson manning the troops. mike brown won't make or break this team. the one thing mike brown does is inspire effort from lesser players, which is something we didnt see from the entire team last playoffs. another thing is, who wants to be the guy who replaced phil jackson? i think mike brown has some giant "coglioni" (balls) to even want to do this. he already knows he will be the scapegoat if they don't win a chip immediately.

UncleBone
07-28-2011, 07:05 PM
give him a chance as anybody else and lets see how he will handle KB. If he was able to bring Lebrom with one superstar to finals then lets see with 2 superstar KB and Pau plus good center and LO.

Please dont mention Pau!

Lakerfan In NY
07-29-2011, 02:17 PM

I agree. If he can do one thing on this team, he needs to instill defense 1st mentality & the rest (offense) will be easy...If the Lakers play defense for 48 minutes they win another two championship.

lakers4sho
07-29-2011, 03:43 PM
I have attacked management decisions in the past, and it looks like I will still be doing that in the foreseeable [ or even distant ] future, but let's first see what Mike Brown is capable of ok? I mean, he's already hired. We can't do anything about it, but to support him. If he indeed fails us, he knows that he will be attacked from all corners with sufficient ammunition. So right now he must be [ or should be? ] planning for some recipe to success.

edit: he sucks, **** him

lakersfan01
07-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Get over it. Adelman isn't that great. Byron Scott, you mean the guy that broke the record for most consecutive losses and has been disgracefully fired twice for being stubborn and not making smart strategy changes? Brian Shaw, why, because fellow Mr. Triangle assistant Kurt Rambis did such a great job in Minnesota? Oh wait, he got fired for having worst record last 2 seasons.

lakersfan01
07-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Please dont mention Pau!

2nd

Hellcrooner
07-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Please dont mention Pau!

he shouldnt be mentioned withouth previously having cleaned your mouth and teeth.

Yep .

amos1er
04-04-2012, 02:47 AM
i told you so!!!

Avenged
04-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Can't bump old threads.. there are more than enough threads about Mike Brown you can post in.