PDA

View Full Version : Serge Ibaka- "I can be an All Star in one or two years."

LTBaByyy
07-27-2011, 06:38 PM
http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/sierra/2011/07/27/serge-ibaka-i-can-be-an-all-star-in-one-or-two-years/

SI: Yes, I see it happening in one or two years.

TrueFan420
07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
what else do you expect him to say no i dont think that im that good.

LTBaByyy
07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
He better switch to Center for the Thunder

Dirk
Durant
Gasol
Love
Griffin
Gay
Aldridge
Randolph

tredigs
07-27-2011, 06:42 PM
" ; / " ?

No freaking doubt about it, his potential is absolutely that high. One of the most athletic PF's the game has ever seen, and already developed a mid-range jumper and a more tenacious role around the rim on offense between season 1 and 2. If he works on his man defense to supplement his help D (didn't he already break the record for blocks in a playoff series this past season?) then he's going to be an absolute force.

If he continues to improve his overall game, this (20 yr old) kid could be an AllStar in 2 seasons.

LTBaByyy
07-27-2011, 06:42 PM

I know he is being confident, I am just seeing what yall think

And thought I share

Catfish1314
07-27-2011, 06:43 PM
He has a lot of potential, but the rest of the forwards in the West aren't going anywhere.

Joshtd1
07-27-2011, 06:47 PM
I really like Ibaka's game, think he could be an excellent player...but I can't see him being voted in over Dirk/Griffin/Gasol/Durant by the fans at the forward spot, and who knows if he will be voted in by coaches of Love, Randolph, or Alrdidge.

Swashcuff
07-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Maybe as a C (not going to happen as Perk is the C in OKC with Nazr and Aldrich as his reserves), I'm not sure if he'll make it as a forward ahead of Durant, Dirk, Pau, Love, Aldridge and Randolph.

Lil Half Dead
07-27-2011, 06:50 PM
He needs to put in A LOT of work to beat out all of the other forwards in the West. His game is raw still, but he's not wrong in saying he could be there in a year or 2. Definitely not wrong at all, and I like the confidence from Serge.

LTBaByyy
I really like Ibaka's game, think he could be an excellent player...but I can't see him being voted in over Dirk/Griffin/Gasol/Durant by the fans at the forward spot, and who knows if he will be voted in by coaches of Love, Randolph, or Alrdidge.

Thank you.

It wasnt made to be a knock on him, I just wanted to see how people thought of him putting a 1 or 2 year deadline on it and what yall thought of him

1DROSE1
Possible he's one of the most underrated players in the game, reminds me of a raw Dwight on defense.

LTBaByyy
07-27-2011, 06:56 PM
He would be perfect if he was a center!!!! Just add 10 pounds because:

Westbrook
Thabo
Durant
Green
Ibaka

6th: Harden

Would have gave us a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ibaka and Perkins do the SAME thing

Ibaka is just way more athletic

Byronicle
07-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I doubt it. Sorry fans but I just don't see him as an All Star. A quality defensive player on a good team but an All Star?

Swashcuff
07-27-2011, 07:00 PM

Westbrook
Thabo
Durant
Green
Ibaka

They would never make it out of the West with that and perimeter D is super important in today's NBA you as a Mavs fan should know that better than anyone. If Perkins can revert to his old self defensively they'd be a force to be reckoned with. That line-up you have there would get them no where but early round exits.

PS Ibaka and Perk don't do the same thing. They are completely different players.

ChiSox219
07-27-2011, 07:05 PM

Westbrook
Thabo
Durant
Green
Ibaka

Green isn't good

LTBaByyy
07-27-2011, 07:06 PM
They would never make it out of the West with that and perimeter D is super important in today's NBA you as a Mavs fan should know that better than anyone. If Perkins can revert to his old self defensively they'd be a force to be reckoned with. That line-up you have there would get them no where but early round exits.

PS Ibaka and Perk don't do the same thing. They are completely different players.

For the Thunder?

They do the SAME thing. The Thunder uses them the same way.

Different players okay yes but they are used the same exact way

smith&wesson
07-27-2011, 07:40 PM
sure i can see it.

Baller1
07-27-2011, 07:45 PM
**** yes, he can be. I'd say in 2-3 years though, there's no way he's an all-star next year.

_KB24_
07-27-2011, 08:27 PM
He has the potential, but the pecking order in the Western Conference for forwards is pretty deep.

HouRealCoach
07-27-2011, 08:28 PM

He is suppose to say "Idk only time will tell, until then I will continue to work hard and do my best"

I hate when players say things like this instead of just going out and doing it... He cant even play with his back to the basket yet

Hellcrooner
07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Hope hes right, we could use some new all star, beard dude wont last forever.

Cant wait for his first game Sporting the Red National Spanish team Jersey in a few days.

sventhedog
07-27-2011, 09:23 PM
he was asked that question and he said "Yes, I see it happening in one or two years." it just shows his confidence. it's not like he went out to claim he's an allstar out of nowhere or made 'the decision' or something like that.

Ebbs
07-27-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't really see it. He seems to raw to me.

Hellcrooner
07-27-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't really see it. He seems to raw to me.

Yep he left spain too soon.

he still will thrive in the league because he is a phisical beast, but could have used some more training into finesse and fundamentals.

he still can become an 18 and 11 dude anyway.

Swashcuff
07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Yep he left spain too soon.

he still will thrive in the league because he is a phisical beast, but could have used some more training into finesse and fundamentals.

he still can become an 18 and 11 dude anyway.

So you're saying he could become the best NBA player to ever represent the Spanish national team? Because with his defensive upside if he develops into a 18 and 11 player there is not much of a case that could really be made for any other Spanish player.

championships
07-27-2011, 09:49 PM
I believe he will be. His game will only grow.

dodie53
07-27-2011, 09:50 PM
go to an East team Serge.
;)

Bulls_fan90
07-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Green isn't good

He also plays for Boston now.

Hellcrooner
07-27-2011, 10:02 PM
So you're saying he could become the best NBA player to ever represent the Spanish national team? Because with his defensive upside if he develops into a 18 and 11 player there is not much of a case that could really be made for any other Spanish player.

he has a long way to go to scratch beard dudes quality, and doubt he will.
He will also have the competition of The Golden Boy on the forests too.

Avenged
07-28-2011, 01:51 AM
I can see him being an all-star here and there (not consistently) with potential DPOY in him.

beasted86
07-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I have no problem with him saying it... but, no, he probably won't.

J-Relo
07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Nowitzki and Duncan both retire... Aldridge, Love and Griffin get injured...

Yep, I see where he was going...

beasted86
07-29-2011, 02:02 AM

Even still he'd have Pau Gasol, Al Jefferson, and David West to contend with... All 3 are better than him right now at the PF position. I'd even say Luis Scola is better too.

Like I said, nothing wrong with confidence though.

Hellcrooner
07-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Even still he'd have Pau Gasol, Al Jefferson, and David West to contend with... All 3 are better than him right now at the PF position. I'd even say Luis Scola is better too.

Like I said, nothing wrong with confidence though.

his best chance is be listed at center.

lets say Marc gasol signs with an east team.

Oden and Bynum are injured by allstar time.

Yep, then he may get in.

MJ-BULLS
07-29-2011, 03:22 AM
Its good to have some confidence. Its a possibility, but i dont think so.

GoatMilk
07-29-2011, 03:23 AM
i dont even know why i bother posting
im just copying everyone else saying he probably wont be :P

Bruno
07-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Tough competition at the forward in the West:
Dirk
Durant
Gasol
Love
Randolph
Griffin
Aldridge
Duncan
Odom

MrfadeawayJB
07-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I dont see this happening. A more realistic goal is all-defense

GhostfaceDrilla
07-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Needs to work on scoring and defense. From what I saw in the WCF, Dirk abused him, just walked right by him to get to the basket. Even though I know Dirk is the most unguardable player in the game. Offense isn't that great. He can but has a LOT of learning to do.

GhostfaceDrilla
07-29-2011, 10:18 PM

Dirk still has 4 or 5 years left in the NBA.......

Bruno
07-29-2011, 10:31 PM
I dont see this happening. A more realistic goal is all-defense

x2. I expect him to make defensive teams in 2-4 years.

Landing a spot in the popularity contest will be much harder.

Hellcrooner
07-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Needs to work on scoring and defense. From what I saw in the WCF, Dirk abused him, just walked right by him to get to the basket. Even though I know Dirk is the most unguardable player in the game. Offense isn't that great. He can but has a LOT of learning to do.

yeah well what is he supposed to do.

The moment he lays a single finger anywhere close to dirk he is being called a foul.
So, why try?

beasted86
07-29-2011, 11:19 PM
his best chance is be listed at center.

lets say Marc gasol signs with an east team.

Oden and Bynum are injured by allstar time.

Yep, then he may get in.

I know this as well, but he's not going to be listed as a Center starting exclusively at the PF position next to Perkins at Center.

That would be a really tough sell for the NBA to put him on the Center ballot next year.

THE GIPPER
07-29-2011, 11:31 PM
i think he'll be an all star caliber player but not an all star because pf's are stacked in the west

IndyRealist
07-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Blake Griffin and Kevin Love are virtual locks from here on out to be voted in or a reserve. Dirk is likely an all-star until he retires, as is Kevin Durant. That leaves him competing for one utility spot with LaMarcus Aldridge, Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay, and lets not forget Derrick Williams if we're talking 2 years from now.

IndyRealist
07-29-2011, 11:36 PM
i think he'll be an all star caliber player but not an all star because pf's are stacked in the west

He's not just competing against PF's, but all forwards. He's competing directly against Kevin Durant. I don't see it happening.