PDA

View Full Version : Never Forget...

TheHoopsProphet
07-27-2011, 10:23 AM
It's time to sit back, drink some orange juice, and reminisce my friends. Lets look back at one of the finer moments in NBA basketballing history...

Coming out of the 1990 NBA draft selected 24th overall by San Antonio, was the greatest thing to come out of Russia since Vladimir Nabokov, and renowned NBA superstar Dwayne Schintzius.

Though he never settled on any team throughout his nomadic career, if pushed to be on the ballot for Hall of Fame voting, he would most likely retire as a Nyet. Playing for New Jersey from 1992-1995.

And though he never won a title, he came close in his first season with the Nyets playing alongside basketball-bouncing legends Sam Bowie and Derrick Coleman, taking the series against Brad Daugherty’s Cleveland Lebronivers to the full five games, and setting a career playoff high 10 pts in a winning effort in Game 4. Cleveland would move on to play legendary a-hole Michael Jordan and the Bulls to get swept to the eventual champions, so Schintzius’ Nyets nearly had a chance to take on the world champions.

Perhaps the 19th greatest 24th overall pick over the last 20 years, he retires under this distinction with elite company (including fellow NBA’ers Felipe Lopez - who backed up rapper Carlos Arroyo for the Jazz for a few years – and Brian Cook – perhaps the only teammate who was able to gain the respect of Colby “Captain Crunchtime” Bryant and tame him)

He leaves the NBA thunderdome with career averages of .429% TS and 2.7 ppg in 217 games played in 8 seasons.

To Dwayne Schintzius,

R.I.P. my brotha

:flag::flag:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ySYaMVhSX4:flag::flag:

sep11ie
07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Before I even read this, just wanna say..."I'm excited!"

Hellcrooner
07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
once i started reading the poll i knew it had to be you.

king_of_limbs
04-16-2012, 03:15 AM
http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/april/former-spur-dwayne-schintzius-passes-away-at-43.html

wow. r.i.p.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Free hoops:pray: