PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Off-Season Playoffs - #1) New Jersey Nets vs. #4) New York Knicks

KnicksorBust
07-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the NBA Mock Off-season Playoff voting. Every summer, between 50-65 PSD users participate in a game where each GM takes on the challenge of running the off-season for an NBA team. Those GM's are free to make trades, signings, pick up team option on players, conduct the draft etc as ways to help better improve their team. What we have here is the results of those GM's hard-work as we have now reached the playoffs.

Keep in mind when voting that teams have changed dramatically through the mock and many teams are operating with completely new starting line ups. So please take the time to look at the teams closely (depth chart and write up) before voting. Try to avoid being a homer and vote simply on who is the better team in the match up.

#1) New Jersey Nets vs. #4) New York Knicks

Nets have homecourt advantage!

Nets Depth Chart
C- Marcus Camby / DeSagna Diop / Brad Miller
PF- Dirk Nowitzki / Brad Miller / Jared jeffries
SF- Andrei Kirilenko / Ryan Gomes / Rasual Butler
SG- Dwyane Wade / Willie Green / Rasual Butler
PG: Jarrett Jack / Jerryd Bayless / Ronnie Price

Knicks Depth Chart
C: Dwight Howard (38) / Louis Amundson (5)/ Charlie Villanueva (5)
PF: Charlie Villanueva (21)/ Hakim Warrick (17)/ Carmelo Anthony (10)
SF: Carmelo Anthony (30) / Francisco Garcia (18)
SG: Keith Bogans (20)/ Anthony Parker (20)/ Francisco Garcia (8)
PG: Chauncey Billups (35)/ Jimmer Fredette (13)/ Earl Watson

Knicks Writeup:

Congrats to the Nets for creating a very nice team with little to work with in NJ. They have done a great job but we feel that the Knicks are going to pull an upset here in round 2.

PG Matchup: Chauncey Billups (NYK) vs. Jarret Jack (NJN)
Billups has the clear advantage here. Jack isn’t lightning quick to exploit Chauncey’s declining speed and is more suited for the backup PG position. Chauncey had a super efficient season, with a TS% of 62% (5th in the NBA) and he still has enough in the tank to lead this team far in the playoffs. On defense, Chauncey will help to deny Dirk the basketball. We will make Jack hit the shot and not let Dirk get the ball inside the three point line.

SG Matchup: Keith Bogans (NYK) vs. Dwyane Wade (NJN)
Wade has the advantage here, no questions asked. But in the 2010-2011 playoffs Bogans did an admirable job versus Wade. Wade was held to 19 points per game on 40% shooting with 4 TO’s per game by Bogans during the six games. Bogans on our team will need to just shoot the three and play 18-24 minutes of hard nose, tough basketball. Billups will also be guarding Wade when Bogans sits down because he has the size and strength to guard Wade effectively. Also, with Dwight in the paint, driving will be made more difficult. In his four games versus Dwight and the Magic, Wade has gone 9-20, 6-21, 5-12, and 10-18. Only one of those nights did he have a good shooting percentage because of Dwight in the paint. And you might be thinking that he’ll get Dwight in foul trouble, but in the four matchups, Dwight averaged only 3 fouls per game, and that’s with LeBron and Bosh by Wade’s side who also have a propensity for drawing fouls.

SF Matchup: Carmelo Anthony (NYK) vs. Andrei Kirilenko (NJN)
On the surface this may look like an okay matchup for the Nets but it’s not. Over their matchups in the last two years, Carmelo averaged 31 points on 57% shooting, 7 boards, and 4 assists per game versus Kirilenko. Melo also got to the line 9.5 times per game, getting the opposing bigs in foul trouble. Kirilenko? 7 points, on 40% shooting and 4 rebounds. Also, on this team, Carmelo will have a dominant post option in the paint in Dwight Howard so he’ll have less of a burden on the offensive end and he’ll face less double teams than he normally does. Melo will also be able to play help defense on Melo to try to deny Dirk the ball in the paint at times and make AK hit the jumper, which he has not shown the ability to hit consistently. We will also be playing a small lineup at times and move Carmelo to the PF to create a mismatch on offense. Dirk on Melo would be disastrous for the Nets as Melo would get Dirk in foul trouble and have trouble staying in front of him. And if Camby comes to help, it’s an easy bucket for Dwight.

PF Matchup: Charlie Villanueva (NYK) vs. Dirk Nowitzki (NJN)
Dirk’s offensive prowess is undeniable and it’s not secret that Charlie isn’t known as a good defender. But surprisingly Dirk has had a hard time stopping Charlie V in their previous matchups as well. Charlie’s stats versus Dirk when given more than 22 minutes in their last six games are: 20.4 PPG, 8 Rbs, 53% from the field, 48% from 3 point territory. He has pretty much had his way with Dirk on the offensive end as of recent. On the defensive end, Charlie will have the aid of Dwight in the paint and though Dirk can score from anywhere, the Dwight effect is undeniable. In Dirk’s last three games versus Dwight Howard, his shooting was as follows: 10/24, 9/22, 4/13. Dirk has not produced efficiently when Dwight Howard is in the game. And it’s not as if Dwight has faced a great PF defensively. Dwight’s PF playing mates have been Bass, Rashard, Hedo, and Ryan Anderson, none of who are good defenders. Dwight’s effect on defense WILL have an effect on Dirk’s production. Dirk will also be denied the ball by the PG we put on the floor or the SF and make life hell for Dirk.

C Matchup: Dwight Howard (NYK) vs. Marcus Camby (NJN)
We feel that this is the biggest mismatch of the series. Dwight Howard will terrorize Camby in this series. Many don’t even believe that Camby is a starting material Center any more. In their last two matchups Dwight’s averages are: 32 Pts, 13 rbs, 5 blocks, on 67% shooting all while getting to the line at an average of 16.5 times per game. He is going to get Camby or Dirk in foul trouble which will force him to bring in a bench player, and his bench is extremely thin especially at the center position. If Dwight does get doubled, then either Melo will have a field day or the Knicks sharpshooters will drain open threes. Also, Camby has an extremely limited offensive game so Dwight can focus on his help defense on Wade and Dirk, and he has proved that he can make life more difficult for each of them. Now you might be thinking that this will get Dwight in foul trouble, but he was able to alter Dirk’s game while committing only ONE foul per game, and alter DWade’s game while committing only THREE fouls per game. He has proven that he can control his fouls and make life hell for players with his dominance on the defensive end.

Benches: Jimmer/Watson/Parker/Garcia/Warrick/Amundson vs. Bayless/Green/Gomes/Miller/Butler

I think it’s pretty clear who has the edge here. Jimmer can shoot from deep and lead the troops for 10-15 minutes, Parker is a good veteran player off the bench that provides solid D and outside shooting, Garcia is a starting caliber wing who can score a solid 10 ppg, Warrick is a good energizer and offensive player who can score efficiently next to Dwight, and Amundson is a tough player who can sub in for Dwight for 10-15 minutes. Green and Bayless can both score but neither scores rather effectively. Gomes is offensively challenged. He scored 7 PPG in almost 30 minutes per game this year, and he isn’t a great defender, so I don’t expect him to be a game changer of any sort. Butler used to be a very good role player, but he had an absolutely horrific year, partly due to injuries. And who knows how Brad Miller will produce. Camby can’t play more than 25 minutes, so can Miller play 20? And if he does, he’s going to get demolished by Dwight.

The Knicks and Nets both have star power and solid role players around them but one team has the better combination of offense and defense. Dwight has proved that he can alter Wade’s and Dirk’s games with his defense and that will be huge in stopping the Nets as they have no other reliable offensive weapons. Dwight is going to also run rampant on the offensive end. He’ll be guarded by two centers whose combined age is 72. Neither can even hinder him at this point in his career, and that evident in Dwight’s recent meetings with Camby. If they do double Dwight then Melo will have a huge series offensively. He has scored very easily and efficiently versus AK47 and has gotten to the line at will. He will also force Dirk and Camby into foul trouble and force the Nets to bring in either Gomes or Miller which will swing the game in favor of the Knicks. In late game scenarios, we have the most clutch scorer in the league and in a one on one situation, there’s nobody I’d rather have with the ball. Also, when we go small for spurts of the game, we will have a ton of mismatches on offense that will be easy to exploit such as Dirk-Melo. And on defense, a player with Melo’s frame can cause an issue for Dwight- kind of a Stephen Jackson type of situation. And Charlie V at center will cause an issue for Camby because Camby will have to come out of his comfort zone and to the perimeter where Charlie V will either get open looks or solid driving opportunities with no enforcer left in the paint. On defense, Camby is very limited so Charlie won’t be exposed as much as he usually would at the center position. Home court will not be an issue here. The Nets have a very poor supporting crowd, and there are an abundance of Knicks fans in Jersey (like yours truly ) who will help weaken the effect of home court advantage in Jersey.

The Knicks will win this series in 7 games.

Nets Writeup

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who voted for us in the last round, and also good luck to our new foe; Rosh and the New York Knicks.

Quickly onto the math-ups, and why I think we'd win the series:

Point Guard: Jarret Jack/Jerryd Bayless vs Chauncey Billups/Jimmer Fredette- Obviously Chauncey is the big name here, but come on, the guy has aged a lot quicker than a lot of fans thought. He has the name, but I honestly think this will be an even match up, and a position that for once, we actually have more depth at than our opponent. With the Knicks, Chauncey was terribly innefficient, and we are happy if he gets his 17 points a game if he does it shooting a shade over 40%, which he did last season with the Knicks. Then throw in the fact that Chauncey was injured last year, he will probably slow down even more with another season under his belt. And if he does heat up at any point, we can just have Wade cover him, as Bogans isn't exactly the most potent threat for him to cover at his own position. As a starting guard last season, in 28 minutes a game Jack averaged 12-5 on 45 % so he's no slouch. Then we have the backups. Jerryd Bayless vs Jimmer Fredette. Another machup we feel that is a pretty big advantage for us. We have a guard on our bench who could be starting who is extremely quick and explosive against a rookie PG who’s biggest question was fast enough to play defense in the NBA. We feel Bayless will be too fast for Fredette to handle and should be able to provide a big scoring spark for us here. Overall the difference between Bayless and Fredette (since he is an unproven rookie) is more than Billups and Jack which gives us the advantage here.

Shooting Guard: Dwyane Wade/Willie Green vs Keith Bogans/Anthony Parker- The shooting guard match up really isn't fair for the Knicks at all. Bogans didn't have the best of times for the Bulls last season, with a lot of his own team's fans targeting him with abuse. I'm pretty sure you all know how good Wade is, and what he's capable of doing. While the PG match up was close, we are looking at a +20 point advantage for the Nets at shooting guard. Even if he decides to start Parker at SG for this matchup, the result will be the same. Wade averaged 28 PPG against Parker for his career. Basically it won’t matter who they put on Wade, they have no one that can effectively guard him. For the bench we have Willie Green vs Parker/Bogans…whoever they don’t start. Probably a wash if anything, but worth noting that Green was the best scorer out of them even though he played 8 minutes less then Parker. Either way with Wade at SG we have a huge advantage over the Knicks here.

Small Forward: AK47/Ryan Gomes vs Carmelo Anthony/Francisco Garcia forward its more AK v Melo action. These two have been division rivals for years, and have seen a lot of each other. I'm not gonna lie, Melo always gets the best of AK, and has always scored his points. Atleast we have some length to throw at Melo, and can even throw Gomes at him since he has size and won’t be bullied. Also we feel the more Melo has the ball, the less Howard gets it. Overall they are better at the SF position and have the advantage here.

Power Forward: Dirk Nowitzki/Jared Jeffries vs Charlie Villanueva/Hakim Warrick- Once again matchup we have the huge advantage with. We have reigning finals MVP Dirk Nowitzki vs Charlie Villanueva. This one isn’t even close and I don’t feel we need to make a huge writeup over. We have the best PF in the game, and no one can guard him. Charlie V isn’t really that bad, but in this case…well Dirk will make anyone look bad. For the bench we have Jared Jeffries vs Hakim Warrick. This one is probably a wash. Warrick is the better offensive player over Jeffries..which isn’t saying much, but Jeffries is the much better defensive player and is more versatile. We feel that while Jeffries probably wont score more then 4 or 5 a game, he will be able to hold Warrick in check. Huge advantage to the Nets again.

Center: Marcus Camby/Brad Miller/Desagana Diop vs Dwight Howard/Louis Amundson
We wont try to make a case that we have the advantage here since we don’t. They have the best center in the game. What we will say though is that we have 3 7 footers to throw at Howard. 18 fouls to use. We know that Howard has a temper, so maybe if he’s getting fouled so much he’ll lose it and do something stupid. He also is a terrible free throw shooter as we all know, and I have no problem resorting to “hack-a-Dwight” if it came down to it. Between the three of these guys we feel that while Dwight is still a monster, and won’t stop him completely we could atleast limit him a little bit. Also with Melo dominating the ball will Dwight even get enough touches? Either way the Knicks have the advantage here.

Summary: Overall we feel we have the better team. We feel that the advantages we have with Wade and Dirk are more substantial than the ones they have with Melo and Dwight. We also feel feel that even though Billups is better then Jack, the difference with Bayless over Fredette gives us the advantage there. Even though our neither of our benches are anything special, we feel we have the small advantage there as well.

Also in case the Knicks were considering playing small by putting Carmelo at the 4 and starting Garcia at the three…here is our counter for that. We will keep our same lineup, but switch our defense up a little bit. We will put Dirk on Bogans, Wade on Garcia and keep AK47 on Melo. We do not want Dirk having to guard Melo at all, and if he guards Bogans he really won’t have to worry about anything or losing energy on defense. If anything it probably hurts them because they lose some size, and still don’t have anyone to guard Dirk. I would love for them to put Melo on Dirk. Wastes his energy and just will make it harder for him to score.

KnicksorBust
07-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Clearly there was an infraction of the rules with the last vote so in the interest of fairness there will be a 1 day re-vote.

My vote still goes to the Nets. Dirk and Wade would be too much over a 7 game series. They have the experience and versatility to put the Nets over the top.

Will 2 BE
07-26-2011, 09:51 PM
What was the infraction?

tyfreaks brotha
07-26-2011, 10:06 PM
I think one Net fan posted on the Nets board to vote for the Nets and all the sudden they took a big lead. Not sure though

Knicks21
07-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Still have no clue why in the world you would draft Jeffries.

CHANGO
07-26-2011, 10:19 PM
I still vote for the Nets. Great offensive and defensive players. Plus they have two finals MVP.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Still have no clue why in the world you would draft Jeffries.

He signed for the vet min.

He's not that bad for the vet min.

Chacarron
07-26-2011, 10:24 PM
I still got the Knickerbockers.

Evolution23
07-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Still Knicks and I explained the reasons why in the other thread. I guess it got closed or deleted but I dont feel like explaining myself again.

jimbobjarree
07-26-2011, 11:13 PM
just say neutral fans only, or we're just gunna have the same problem

DerekRE_3
07-26-2011, 11:19 PM
to add to what knicksorbust said...also keep in mind it's a ****ing mock. Just because the Knicks are in it, doesn't mean that Knicks fans need to automatically vote for their team. It's not your team...it's not real...

jimbobjarree
07-26-2011, 11:36 PM
to add to what knicksorbust said...also keep in mind it's a ****ing mock. Just because the Knicks are in it, doesn't mean that Knicks fans need to automatically vote for their team. It's not your team...it's not real...

I love how Knicks fans feel they need to concuct some ******** story. Just say you voted for the Knicks cus your a homer, and I'll keep a shred of respect left for you.

Robbw241
07-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Should really only accept votes of people that actually post in this thread rather then vote in the poll.

mightybosstone
07-26-2011, 11:44 PM
The Nets should win this for the many reasons I have already stated. Villanueva = The Suck, Nets' team defense > Knicks team defense, Dirk/Wade in the clutch > Dwight/Melo in the clutch, etc...

roshan3ai
07-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Should really only accept votes of people that actually post in this thread rather then vote in the poll.

I wouldn't mind that :shrug: But it's kinda hard to implement that now

Robbw241
07-26-2011, 11:48 PM
I wouldn't mind that :shrug: But it's kinda hard to implement that now

How would it be hard to implement?

roshan3ai
07-26-2011, 11:55 PM
How would it be hard to implement?

People already voted. We could do that for future matchups though

DerekRE_3
07-26-2011, 11:57 PM
So why is there a re-vote? Are you guys just doing it over and over again until you get the result you want?

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 12:00 AM
didnt realise the crosstown rivalry meant so much to so many people.

juggla53
07-27-2011, 12:04 AM
is dirk planning to log all 48 minutes of the game at the four?

Iodine
07-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Nyets win, nyets always win

Robbw241
07-27-2011, 12:06 AM
People already voted. We could do that for future matchups though

People already voted in the last thread but a reboot was allowed. How can it be justified now not to restart the vote when we are only 30 votes in? Of course I doubt we'd even be in this position if the commishes name was netsorbust

Iodine
07-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Knicks
chacarronsau, Evolution23, juggla53, Kashmir13579, Khalifa21, Knicks21, knicks=love, knicksfan42, Meatmypet, murphturph, nick61391, pebloemer, PocketKings, Rangers331, scutch11, Slimsim, tyfreaks brotha

Khalifa21 is a knicks fan alsp

roshan3ai
07-27-2011, 12:07 AM
People already voted in the last thread but a reboot was allowed. How can it be justified now not to restart the vote when we are only 30 votes in? Of course I doubt we'd even be in this position if the commishes name was netsorbust

:laugh: This is pathetic. He voted for the Nets for crying out loud. If the Nets are the better team then they'll prevail.

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 12:10 AM
netsorbust ftw

PocketKings
07-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Knicks
chacarronsau, Evolution23, juggla53, Kashmir13579, Khalifa21, Knicks21, knicks=love, knicksfan42, Meatmypet, murphturph, nick61391, pebloemer, PocketKings, Rangers331, scutch11, Slimsim, tyfreaks brotha

Khalifa21 is a knicks fan alsp

Chac and myself are Lakers fans just to let you know.

Tyfreaks is a kings fan.

Edit: I dont know about the rest.

Mr. Baller
07-27-2011, 12:14 AM
There shouldnt be a revote, but Nets

chipurmunki
07-27-2011, 12:16 AM
too many homer votes. i have to call bs on this whole damn thing.

roshan3ai
07-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Welp it's all tied up

Robbw241
07-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Mocks and redrafts will forever be a joke until thatcher rid of voting in the NBA forum. Like really what do you expect, get a big market team and pm their fans to vote for you.

chipurmunki
07-27-2011, 12:20 AM
:laugh: This is pathetic. He voted for the Nets for crying out loud. If the Nets are the better team then they'll prevail.

i'm calling bs on this comment, too. they were the better team last time, but the polls got over-run with NY KNICK fans, not impartial voters who look at the MOCK teams.

roshan3ai
07-27-2011, 12:21 AM
It looks like we're going to have to change team names next time. I don't want to win this way

Catfish1314
07-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Mocks and redrafts will forever be a joke until thatcher rid of voting in the NBA forum. Like really what do you expect, get a big market team and pm their fans to vote for you.

I'm pretty sure the admins can monitor the PMs. How do you think people get banned for spamming via PMs?

ABOMB_56
07-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Nets for me for the reasons that I explained in the last thread. Dirk and Wade are two of the most clutch players in the NBA and have severe mismatches which will prevail over a 7 game series

MelkyNYY
07-27-2011, 12:26 AM
The Knicks are nowhere near the Nets. Why is this so close?

Sadds The Gr8
07-27-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm pretty sure the admins can monitor the PMs. How do you think people get banned for spamming via PMs?

don't they get posters to forward the PM's to Mods/Admins? I don't think they can monitor PM's...that's the point of it being private.

Robbw241
07-27-2011, 12:28 AM

Don't think they can. That's why they stress to report everything. Obviously can't know for sure.

roshan3ai
07-27-2011, 12:28 AM

I didn't PM anyone to vote for me. Point blank period. I would never want to win that way.

DerekRE_3
07-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Just let me be the judge. I will be fair aka the winner is the highest bidder. We can do it through paypal.

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Nyets win, nyets always win

There shouldnt be a revote, but Nets

i'm calling bs on this comment, too. they were the better team last time, but the polls got over-run with NY KNICK fans, not impartial voters who look at the MOCK teams.

Nets for me for the reasons that I explained in the last thread. Dirk and Wade are two of the most clutch players in the NBA and have severe mismatches which will prevail over a 7 game series

The Knicks are nowhere near the Nets. Why is this so close?

thanks guys

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Just let me be the judge. I will be fair aka the winner is the highest bidder. We can do it through paypal.

what if I flew over to cali and served you sexually?

DerekRE_3
07-27-2011, 12:41 AM
what if I flew over to cali and served you sexually?

Hmmm...that would mean I wouldn't have to wait till Thursday, our weekly arrangement for that sort of thing. You know what, I'll set for a nice cybersex skype session. But I want the whole fist in there this time.

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 12:42 AM
if you think your up for it, I'm game

Robbw241
07-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Btw I just checked the last poll and there are 8 nets fans total who voted, one of them being myself who voted earlier, chill who had to have voted already since he made the thread, and melkynyy who just gave his reasoning so obviously those 9 votes that got a revote is more like 5.

DerekRE_3
07-27-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm a Kings fan. But most importantly, I'm a fan of the english culture.

Joshtd1
07-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Sorry KoB, I read the PM but Im going to have to bring it out here. There is no reason for a re-vote to happen. The "infraction" literally had nothing to do with us winning. We were up 66-64 by the time the poll closed. The guy that posted the thread MAY have gotten 4 or 5 Nets fans to vote. Plus the 1 or 2 people under 100 posts for us and were looking at maybe 59-60 votes.

Knicks team had atleast 8 people under 100 posts last night when I checked when he was around 40 votes or, so he would be at 56 after you take away those, plus whatever more may have voted additonally.

Knicks fans just keep coming and voting for Knicks like they did last round. The Knicks probably had atleast half of the votes come from their fan base compared to almost everyone with neutral votes for us.

DerekRE_3
07-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Josh, you are a mod. Just rig this thing for yourself. Why else would people become mods? I once wanted to be a mod, then I decided that I could have much more fun getting infractions for making birthday threads for asandhu and such as other stuff.

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 01:04 AM
we all know josh only became a mod to rig for personal glory

Joshtd1
07-27-2011, 01:05 AM
Just wanted to do some quick counting.

Both Knicks and Nets currently have three voters under 100 votes. For Nets: 49erGiantLaker, plangois13 and SirDJ. For Knicks: Nick61391 and Rangers331.

Nets have 4 Nets fans voting for them out of their 23 total, Knicks have 12 out of 19 total.

DerekRE_3
07-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Rigged.

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 01:09 AM
dancing for change

Chacarron
07-27-2011, 01:16 AM

Both Knicks and Nets currently have two voters under 100 votes. For Nets: plangois13 and SirDJ. For Knicks: Nick61391 and Rangers331.

Nets have 4 Nets fans voting for them out of their 23 total, Knicks have 12 out of 19 total.

Nets also have 49erGiantLakers for the under 100 votes.

DerekRE_3
07-27-2011, 01:20 AM
dancing for change

Damn straight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtMweQ3cIIQ&feature=player_embedded

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 01:23 AM
that panda knows how to live life

Joshtd1
07-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Nets also have 49erGiantLakers for the under 100 votes.

3 People, I forgot to look at him.

Will 2 BE
07-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Its funny the thought of the Knicks and Nets having any sort of rivalry only exists on PSD. No one in NYC considers it a rivalry. Least that i know, and ive lived here my whole life.

For that matter im sure no one in the country thinks that its a rivalry. Since im new and my votes wont count ill just abstain, but it would be a close series if it ever happened

MelkyNYY
07-27-2011, 01:37 AM
It's clear that Knick fans are voting for the Knicks for no better reason than because they are Knick fans.

Questions for the Knick GM

1. What happens if Dwight Howard gets into foul trouble? According to your depth chart your contingency plans are Louis Amundson (lol) and Charlie Villanueva (lmao) at the 5. That is absolutely ridiculous. Against a team that features D-Wade you know Dwight is going to be in foul trouble.

2. You're planning on playing Carmelo Anthony at the 4 for 10 minutes a game in this serious? Francisco Garcia (lol) for 18 minutes at the 3? So at any given time your lineup could be:

C: Charlie V, PF: Melo, SF: Garcia, SG: Bogans/Parker, PG: Chauncey/Jimmer? And this vote is close? How are you stopping Melo and Wade? What defense? Are you kidding me?

3. You are playing Jimmer at the point for 13 minutes a game...so basically, for 13 minutes a game you won't have a point guard. cool. What do you plan on doing?

The Knicks are screwed if Dwight gets into foul trouble. Screwed. The Nets are a much more complete team. Even if Dwight doesn't get into foul trouble. they're screwed.

roshan3ai
07-27-2011, 01:44 AM

Both Knicks and Nets currently have three voters under 100 votes. For Nets: 49erGiantLaker, plangois13 and SirDJ. For Knicks: Nick61391 and Rangers331.

I think this point has been stressed to death. I see no point in reiterating it. I already said that I agree that new names should be chosen for voting.

MelkyNYY
07-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Its funny the thought of the Knicks and Nets having any sort of rivalry only exists on PSD. No one in NYC considers it a rivalry. Least that i know, and ive lived here my whole life.

For that matter im sure no one in the country thinks that its a rivalry. Since im new and my votes wont count ill just abstain, but it would be a close series if it ever happened

Just because you have Dwight and Melo doesn't mean you can compete with no defense and no bench. Dwight Howard played 37.6 MPG last season and committed a league leading 287 personal fouls. He committed 3.3 fouls every 37.6 minutes. He lead the league in this category. There will be games in this series (especially with Wade) where Dwight will be in foul trouble and will sit about 10-15 minutes a game.

In the playoffs Dwight committed 25 fouls in 6 games. That's a little over 4 fouls a game. The year before that he committed 59 fouls in 14 games.

Since 2009 Dwight Howard foul totals vs D-Wade

3, 5, 3, 4, 5, 3, 5, 5, 6, 2, 5

What do you do when Dwight hits the bench. Charlie V? Are you kidding me?

roshan3ai
It's clear that Knick fans are voting for the Knicks for no better reason than because they are Knick fans.

1. What happens if Dwight Howard gets into foul trouble? According to your depth chart your contingency plans are Louis Amundson (lol) and Charlie Villanueva (lmao) at the 5. That is absolutely ridiculous. Against a team that features D-Wade you know Dwight is going to be in foul trouble.

2. You're planning on playing Carmelo Anthony at the 4 for 10 minutes a game in this serious? Francisco Garcia (lol) for 18 minutes at the 3? So at any given time your lineup could be:

C: Charlie V, PF: Melo, SF: Garcia, SG: Bogans/Parker, PG: Chauncey/Jimmer? And this vote is close? How are you stopping Melo and Wade? What defense? Are you kidding me?

3. You are playing Jimmer at the point for 13 minutes a game...so basically, for 13 minutes a game you won't have a point guard. cool. What do you plan on doing?

The Knicks are screwed if Dwight gets into foul trouble. Screwed. The Nets are a much more complete team. Even if Dwight doesn't get into foul trouble. they're screwed.

I'll probably respond to this tomorrow as I'm way too tired to now.

Crackadalic
I voted for Boston last time so my vote for the knicks this round has nothing to with me being homer just to let yall know. I explain my reason why i pick them in the last thread

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 01:46 AM
of course wink wink

MelkyNYY
07-27-2011, 01:50 AM
Again. How are the Knicks even in the voting. According to their GM, the following players will be playing bench minutes for the Knicks:

Louis Amundson (5) - is terrible. Doesn't belong in the NBA.
Hakim Warrick (17) - Should probably be starting over Charlie-V
Francisco Garcia (18) - Plays no defense
Anthony Parker (20) - is Anthony Parker
Jimmer Freddette (13) - is their only backup point-guard

This bench is horrendous. It's terrible.

Chacarron
07-27-2011, 01:53 AM
The Nets bench is so good with Diop, Ryan Gomes, Willie Green, Brad Miller and Jerryd Bayless.

If you are going to say the Knicks bench is horrible, you should also point out that the Nets bench is bad.

MelkyNYY
07-27-2011, 01:54 AM
I'll probably respond to this tomorrow as I'm way too tired to now.

No disrespect, I have no idea how you are where you are right now. You have absolutely no bench. And outside of Bogans and Dwight, no one on your team plays defense.

What is your plan for stopping Dirk? Putting Charlie-V on him? LOL

Your plan for stopping Wade is putting Bogans on him for 20 minutes and Parker on him for 20 minutes:

D-Wade 18 career games vs. Bogans: 25.6 PPG, 6.3 AST, 5.4 RB, 1.6 STL, 1.1 BLK
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wadedw01&p2=boganke01

D-Wade 13 career games vs Parker: 28.9 PPG, 6.3 AST, 4.9 RB, 2.1 STL, 1.1 BLK

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wadedw01&p2=parkean01

No one on your team can stop D-Wade. No one. And your answer for Dirk is Charlie V, Warrick, or Melo? GTFO.

MelkyNYY
07-27-2011, 01:58 AM
The Nets bench is so good with Diop, Ryan Gomes, Willie Green, Brad Miller and Jerryd Bayless.

If you are going to say the Knicks bench is horrible, you should also point out that the Nets bench is bad.

It's not a bad bench at all.

Miller + Diop is a solid 20 minutes off the bench (if needed). Miller played 17.6 MPG off the bench for the Bulls last season and was quite productive.

Dirk comfortable plays 40+ minutes a game

I don't understand why Rasual Butler, Ryan Gomes, Jared Jeffries, and Bayless are poor wing players off the bench. Wade can comfortably play 40 minutes a game.

The Nets don't need a bench as much as the Knicks do.

Catfish1314
07-27-2011, 02:00 AM
No disrespect, I have no idea how you are where you are right now. You have absolutely no bench. And outside of Bogans and Dwight, no one on your team plays defense.

Your plan for stopping Wade is putting Bogans on him for 20 minutes and Parker on him for 20 minutes:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wadedw01&p2=boganke01

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wadedw01&p2=parkean01

No one on your team can stop D-Wade. No one. And your answer for Dirk is Charlie V, Warrick, or Melo? GTFO.

Francisco Garcia is a good defender when he's healthy. In fact, he's one of the best shot-blocking 2-guards in the league behind Wade. Anthony Parker used to be a good defender. I honestly didn't see a lick of him this season so it would be unfair of me to say if he still is or not.

I voted for the Nets, but I'm just saying.

MelkyNYY
07-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Francisco Garcia is a good defender when he's healthy. In fact, he's one of the best shot-blocking 2-guards in the league behind Wade. Anthony Parker used to be a good defender. I honestly didn't see a lick of him this season so it would be unfair of me to say if he still is or not.

I voted for the Nets, but I'm just saying.

Right. But Garcia is playing 18 minutes per game against AK47 (mismatch) and only 8 at the 2 where he may or may not play against wade.

The Knicks GM has no answer for Dirk/Wade. None whatsoever. Think about it:

Dwight will get his 22 points against the Nets centers. Maybe even 30 (to be extreme). Melo will get his 25 against AK. Figure 40-50 for the rest of that offensively challenged team (Bogans, Charlie V average 11/8 respectively and wont touch the ball nearly as much with Melo/Billups/Dwight). That's 80-90 points a game. That bench isn't scoring very many points.

Jarrett Jack is a good spot up shooter, Wade will get his 30, Dirk will get his 30, and then you have AK47 who is a force in his own right.

The Nets have a "Big 3" in this series if only because the Knicks can't stop any of them.

NYKalltheway
07-27-2011, 04:29 AM
both teams lack depth, Nets have better starting 5, but D12-Melo-Billups is a nice trio that imo meshes well. Still can't decide who to vote here :p

pebloemer
07-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Which wing players on Orlando are capable of stopping Wade. For some reason Wade only averaged 21.5 ppg on 42% shooting against Orlando throughout the season.. People forget the game isn't played by 5 players playing 1 on 1. It is played 5 on 5.

No one defender is matched up against Wade. Wade can only be limited through team defense. Orlando has a horrible list of defenders over the years, but routinely is a Top 5 defensive team. The defensive impact of Dwight is being highly underestimated here. Against LeBron AND Wade last year, he fouled out once. And averaged 3.25 fouls per game (in almost 40 mpg). The rate he fouled was below his average against Wade and LeBron..

Showing stats how Wade compares to Bogans or Parker is horribly misleading...

pebloemer
07-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Right. But Garcia is playing 18 minutes per game against AK47 (mismatch) and only 8 at the 2 where he may or may not play against wade.

Dwight will get his 22 points against the Nets centers. Maybe even 30 (to be extreme). Melo will get his 25 against AK. Figure 40-50 for the rest of that offensively challenged team (Bogans, Charlie V average 11/8 respectively and wont touch the ball nearly as much with Melo/Billups/Dwight). That's 80-90 points a game. That bench isn't scoring very many points.

Jarrett Jack is a good spot up shooter, Wade will get his 30, Dirk will get his 30, and then you have AK47 who is a force in his own right.

The Nets have a "Big 3" in this series if only because the Knicks can't stop any of them.

What? Is AK playing all 48 minutes at SF? Why would you guarantee that Garcia would play all his minutes against AK at SF? And even you do make that guarantee, you can't go ahead and have AK guarded Melo for 30 minutes at SF. You want your mismatch of AK on Garcia (because AK is such an offensive powerhouse to exploit the mismatch??), then you take your best wing defender off Melo. Do you see the contradiction. AK is a 30mpg player.

How efficiently will these players get their 30? They combined for 48.5 during the season and 52 during the postseason this past year. Adding 8-11.5ppg points randomly does not make your case any stronger.

Jack is a good spot up shooter. But for every good spot up shooter you give me from the Nets, I'll give you two from the Knicks. Not sure how that statement helps your case.

MagicHero3
07-27-2011, 09:42 AM
you need an elite PG to win games. im sry but jarret jack is not a PG that will outperform Billups in leading a team to victories. PLUS you have Melo (best scorer in the league) and DWIGHT (Defensive/rebounding machine).

Dwade and Dirk are both scorers before distributors. they will clash just as did Dwade and Lebron.

MagicHero3
07-27-2011, 09:44 AM
theres literally only 2 good players on the Nets. I dont get how they are getting so many votes.

roshan3ai
07-27-2011, 10:15 AM

Just because you have Dwight and Melo doesn't mean you can compete with no defense and no bench. Dwight Howard played 37.6 MPG last season and committed a league leading 287 personal fouls. He committed 3.3 fouls every 37.6 minutes. He lead the league in this category. There will be games in this series (especially with Wade) where Dwight will be in foul trouble and will sit about 10-15 minutes a game.

In the playoffs Dwight committed 25 fouls in 6 games. That's a little over 4 fouls a game. The year before that he committed 59 fouls in 14 games.

Since 2009 Dwight Howard foul totals vs D-Wade

3, 5, 3, 4, 5, 3, 5, 5, 6, 2, 5

What do you do when Dwight hits the bench. Charlie V? Are you kidding me?

Again. How are the Knicks even in the voting. According to their GM, the following players will be playing bench minutes for the Knicks:

Louis Amundson (5) - is terrible. Doesn't belong in the NBA.
Hakim Warrick (17) - Should probably be starting over Charlie-V
Francisco Garcia (18) - Plays no defense
Anthony Parker (20) - is Anthony Parker
Jimmer Freddette (13) - is their only backup point-guard

This bench is horrendous. It's terrible.

It's not a bad bench at all.

Miller + Diop is a solid 20 minutes off the bench (if needed). Miller played 17.6 MPG off the bench for the Bulls last season and was quite productive.

Dirk comfortable plays 40+ minutes a game

I don't understand why Rasual Butler, Ryan Gomes, Jared Jeffries, and Bayless are poor wing players off the bench. Wade can comfortably play 40 minutes a game.

The Nets don't need a bench as much as the Knicks do.

Looks like you have a lot to say :laugh2:

1. Did you read my writeup? Dwight's average fouls in his games versus Wade: 3. Against Dirk: 1. If he does get in foul trouble, then we'll either play small ball to create mismatches on offense or plug Amundson in there. You say Amundson shouldn't be in the NBA when he has Brad Miller who's a hundred years old and will have to guard Dwight for a portion of the game :laugh2: And when I do play small ball, Charlie will create mismatches at the center position and take Miller/Diop/Camby outside, out of their comfort zone. Amundson is good for 10-20 minutes, he's fine.

2. It's called playing small ball. They have no offensive firepower at the C position. Dirk would be put on Melo which could get him in foul trouble and tire him out. Charlie V could take his matchup outside. Garcia plays SG and SF so I don't see why that's so funny. :shrug: He's a good scorer and defender. Only issue is his health.

3. If Jimmer can't lead the team, I'll put in veteran Earl Watson who can plug in for 10-15 minutes.

4. What are the Nets if Dirk gets into foul trouble? What if Camby gets into foul trouble? You seriously think Miller is stopping him?

How the hell does my team have no defense? Dwight leads a team of scrubs to the number four 4 defensive team in the league, but yeah the defense sucks. Billups: good defender. Bogans: good defender. Garcia: good defender. Melo: good man to man defender.

Again, against Wade this year, he averaged 3 fouls, and thats with Lebron and Bosh on the other side. With Dirk, he only averaged on foul. He can control his fouls.

:laugh2: You call their bench solid but mine horrendous. Garcia is a good defender and scorer. Amundson is fine, none better or worse than having Miller or Diop. And Miller and Diop are playing heavy minutes against the best center in the league.

And if you read my writeup then you'd see that Dirk's game was affected by Dwight alone when it he was guarded by Lewis, Bass, Anderson who are also bad defenders. Same with Wade and Bogans did a good job against Wade in the playoffs.

Also, if you don't know why Jeffries is a bad player off the bench, then you haven't watched any of his games. I can say with confidence he's the worst player I've ever seen. Just awful. He's literally terrible at everything. And for the other's I'll just do what you do for justifying that I had a bad bench.

Miller- Old
Diop- Sucks
Gomes- Offensively challenged
Butler- Old and had a terrible year
Bayless- Bad defender
Willie Green- Undersized two, inefficient at times

You see how I can make his bench sound terrible too?

How is my bench not scoring any points? Garcia in 20 minutes: 10 pts. Warrick in 20 minutes: 8 points. Parker can't hit the three. Jimmer can shoot. They can score just fine. Charlie is going to get a ton more looks on the offensive end with the focus on Melo and Dwight and if they are dominating the game then the Nets will be forced to double and that's open looks for my outside shooters.

AK47 versus Melo in their las 6 games: 7 points, 4 boards. Yeah what a force :rolleyes:

And if you think my team's not scoring then how are they going to score? Dirk and Wade combine for 55. Jack-12. AK- 7. Camby- 4. Diop and Miller combined- 6. Gomes can't score. Butler was awfully inefficient this year. Green won't get many minutes because of Wade. Bayless can score 7. He was terrible off the bench, and his stats are only so good because he got a starting opportunity on the craptors. Yep, that's barely 90 total also. I'm not saying that this is how I think it would play out, but I'm just trying to use your great logic

roshan3ai
07-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Down by 6 ATM

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 10:22 AM
you need an elite PG to win games. im sry but jarret jack is not a PG that will outperform Billups in leading a team to victories. PLUS you have Melo (best scorer in the league) and DWIGHT (Defensive/rebounding machine).

Dwade and Dirk are both scorers before distributors. they will clash just as did Dwade and Lebron.

not necessarily. When you have a ball dominant SG such as Kobe or Wade, you don't want a PG thats gunna have to also have the ball in his hands to be effective. Wade and Jack would easily combine for 10+ assists a game. I actually think our passing/distributing is a lot better than that of the Knicks, when you add in AK's passing ability too, and that we have depth at PG while they dont.

Joshtd1
07-27-2011, 02:47 PM

Derek Fisher and his 5 rings say hi

roshan3ai
07-27-2011, 02:49 PM

I also say hi

Catfish1314
07-27-2011, 03:47 PM

2006: Jason Williams/Gary Payton
2008: Rajon Rondo (before he was top 10)
2009: Derek Fisher
2010: Derek Fisher
2011: Mario Chalmers/Mike Bibby

No you clearly don't.

The_Jamal
07-27-2011, 04:08 PM

No you clearly don't.

lolwut?

Catfish1314
07-27-2011, 04:10 PM
lolwut?

My point was they were in the Finals.

Joshtd1
07-27-2011, 04:15 PM
My point was they were in the Finals.

Also Jameer Nelson who is a solid but not elite PG who played in the finals. Parker in 03 wasnt elite yet, or in 05.

I actually think Jack is a great fit next to Wade. Whats the point of having a ball dominant PG who needs the ball when it will take the ball out of Wade/Dirk's hands.

Joshtd1
07-27-2011, 04:16 PM
I also say hi

O Hi

Catfish1314
07-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Also Jameer Nelson who is a solid but not elite PG who played in the finals. Parker in 03 wasnt elite yet, or in 05.

I actually think Jack is a great fit next to Wade. Whats the point of having a ball dominant PG who needs the ball when it will take the ball out of Wade/Dirk's hands.

And Terry and Harris for the Mavs in 2006. Eric friggin Snow for the Cavs in 2007.

MagicHero3
07-27-2011, 05:15 PM
No you clearly don't.

lol way to pull a "Miami Herald"...guess what YOU LOST THE STUPID FINALS my god!!

Gary Payton- Veteren- jason williams in his prime performed awesome.
Rajan Rondo- did u see how he played that year!? elite status
Dfish- Veteran PG experienced GOOD
Jason Kidd- elite, experienced, JUST WON

CAN you put Jarret Jack in any of those categories? never.

Im just saying the Nets have no big defensive presence compared to the Knicks and also dont have the Scoring Capabilities as the Knicks in this scenario. Prove me wrong. Dwight 2x DPOY. Gimme a break this is bush league.

MagicHero3
07-27-2011, 05:17 PM

your reiterating my point right? D-Fish is def an elite veteren PG.

Chacarron
07-27-2011, 05:19 PM

He is a veteran PG alright, definitely not elite. He comes up big in the playoffs though.

MagicHero3
07-27-2011, 05:22 PM
ok this is officially becoming a popularity contest rather than a basketball contest.

looking at the teams, the Nets have 2 players. seriously. No one else on that team is a threat. Defensively or offensively. Theyre best defensive player is their SG. and no one besides him (especially dirk) plays elite D. You can make the argument for AK but like the writeup said, Melo avgs 30 pts against the dude.

While the Knicks have Dwight on the interior and a solid perimeter defender in billups and Bogans.

im ashamed of you Dirk and Dwade homers. this matchup clearly should go to the Knicks.

MagicHero3
07-27-2011, 05:23 PM
He is a veteran PG alright, definitely not elite. He comes up big in the playoffs though.

thats what i meant sry. Elite not like Hall of Famer but the guys who do big things when it matters. and have proven it.

Joshtd1
07-27-2011, 05:29 PM

Lol elite. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jackja01&p2=fishede01

For such an elite veteran PG, Jack seemed to outplay him while playing 6 less minutes a game.

People arent understanding that while Jack has been a starter, he hasn't been a scrub. He has averaged over double figures while starting, and even for his career is 10.3 PPG scorer in just 27 mpg, on 44% shooting, and is a solid defender.

If Fisher can play a part in the Lakers championships as the starting PG, no reason why Jack cant.

Joshtd1
07-27-2011, 05:42 PM
lol way to pull a "Miami Herald"...guess what YOU LOST THE STUPID FINALS my god!!

Im just saying the Nets have no big defensive presence compared to the Knicks and also dont have the Scoring Capabilities as the Knicks in this scenario. Prove me wrong. Dwight 2x DPOY. Gimme a break this is bush league.

Jason Williams in the finals..8.8 PPG on 36% shooting. Yes very awesome. Gary Payton in the finals..2.7 PPG on 36 shooting.

Rondo in the finals they won: 9.3 PPG on 38% and 6 apg.

Kidd who is experienced and WAS elite won. 13.3 PPG and 7.5 APG. He played a good role in their championship, but was nowhere near elite status like he used to be.

Guess what though..all those PG's weren't elite when they went to the finals, and they were playing next to superstars in which they didn't need to carry the team...or be elite, which is why I see no reason why Jack can't be a good compliment to Wade and Dirk.

Catfish1314
07-27-2011, 06:02 PM

You didn't read my other post genious.

I'll take you seriously when you educate yourself on the correct spelling of those players' names.

roshan3ai
07-27-2011, 06:18 PM

I'll take you seriously when you educate yourself on the correct spelling of those players' names.

:laugh2: Oh Catfish

Catfish1314
07-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Hey it's not someone's name.

DoMeFavors
07-27-2011, 06:44 PM
nets duh

Chill_Will_24
07-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Melo is so overrted. Quite possibly the most overrated SF in the league. He is way too inefficient to really off set the nightmare that is Wade and Dirk, even with an amazing player like Dwight. Dwight is a monster defensively but theres not much you can do defensively against Dirk and Wade.

jimbobjarree
07-27-2011, 11:17 PM
thanks to al that voted :love:

MagicHero3
07-28-2011, 08:17 AM
i like how none of you ppl responding to my post even read my 2nd post...

ok this is officially becoming a popularity contest rather than a basketball contest.

looking at the teams, the Nets have 2 players. seriously. No one else on that team is a threat. Defensively or offensively. Theyre best defensive player is their SG. and no one besides him (especially dirk) plays elite D. You can make the argument for AK but like the writeup said, Melo avgs 30 pts against the dude.
While the Knicks have Dwight on the interior and a solid perimeter defender in billups and Bogans.

im ashamed of you Dirk and Dwade homers. this matchup clearly should go to the Knicks.

ill repost all day. When you have the best defender in the league on your team and one of the highest octane scorers, you have a formula for winning.

MagicHero3
07-28-2011, 08:18 AM

honestly, i could care less if you ever took me seriously or not lol