PDA

View Full Version : Your 2015 Outfield

jmoney23
07-25-2011, 02:26 PM
What do you guys think the Jays outfield will look like in 2015? They have quite a bit of talent between the major league club and all the affiliates, so it will be interesting to see who patrols the OF in the future. For the players who won't be on your list, who could get traded, who might get converted to another position and/or who flames out?

Do not factor in FA signings, trades, IFAs, or any future draft picks to keep your predictions limited to in-house players.

Dol-Fan
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Snider-Gose-Marisnick

if Gose doesn't pan out, Snider-Crouse-Marisnick

BlueJayFanDan
07-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Can we work on the next few years first and worry about 2015 in 2015.

Dol-Fan
07-25-2011, 02:47 PM

Can we post productive responses instead of derailing a thread before it starts? Who cares if it's a extremely preemptive. It's just speculation.

j-mart
07-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Snider-Gose-Bautista

nithanyo
07-25-2011, 03:09 PM
in 06 we had an outfield of Reed Johnson, V.Wells, and Rios. None of them are with us now. I say in 2015 its going to be someone who we draft next season, a player we get in a trade for kyle drabek, and we sign a 36 year old vernon wells to be the veteran left fielder.

miller74
07-25-2011, 03:19 PM
in 06 we had an outfield of Reed Johnson, V.Wells, and Rios. None of them are with us now. I say in 2015 its going to be someone who we draft next season, a player we get in a trade for kyle drabek, and we sign a 36 year old vernon wells to be the veteran left fielder.

Different scenerio, we have actually prospects project to be impact players in the majors by then. Unlike when we had 2 OF who played like All Stars till they got paid.

B2theRY
07-25-2011, 03:46 PM

agreed!

i dont know what im doing tonight
let alone care about 2015

Bombtista
07-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Snider-Gose-Marisnick

Why do you think Bautista wont be out in RF in two years time? He will only be 32 by then still under contract and third will probably be held by Lawrie if all goes as the team seems to be planning.

Also wondering why out of all our prospects you think Gose would be the one to not pan out?

Dol-Fan
07-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Why do you think Bautista wont be out in RF in two years time? He will only be 32 by then still under contract and third will probably be held by Lawrie if all goes as the team seems to be planning.

Also wondering why out of all our prospects you think Gose would be the one to not pan out?

2015? that's more than two years. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bautista DH-ing when he's 34-35. He already has below-average range in right.

Because he doesn't make contact in AA. He's got pretty good plate discipline, but striking out a lot at that level is a bit of a bad sign, as is hitting .260 at the same level. He's a boom-bust prospect, huge potential but high likelihood of busting. It's the same reason why many analysts are weary of putting him on their top 50 lists.

Bombtista
07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I dont know why i assumed 2015 was in 2 years ahaha. its hard to think so far in the future i guess :P

But yeah hopefully he can learn to find his game. I wouldnt rule him out of anything yet though.

Dol-Fan
07-25-2011, 04:23 PM
I dont know why i assumed 2015 was in 2 years ahaha. its hard to think so far in the future i guess :P

But yeah hopefully he can learn to find his game. I wouldnt rule him out of anything yet though.

that's why I put him in my first-case scenario...;)

13Lawrie13
07-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Snider-Gose-Marisnick

Marisnick is much more likely to play centre-field than Crouse is.

Well, at least, I'm assuming so considering Marisnick has played 73 games in centre, where as Crouse has only played 4 and the majority of his time has been spent playing right-field.

BlueJayFanDan
07-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Can we post productive responses instead of derailing a thread before it starts? Who cares if it's a extremely preemptive. It's just speculation.

No need to be rude about it. I would much rather speculate about next year than 4 years down the road dude. All I was trying to say... Why look ahead 4 years? For all we know, Gose, Snider, Knecht, Marisnick, and so on could all be traded by then. For all we know the Rogers Center could burn down in 2013 and we could somehow be moved to Connecticut. For all we know, next draft we draft an outfielder who is 2 years away and will be the next Ted Williams. Its a lot more productive to speculate about next year than 4 years down the road.

es0terik
07-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Snider-Gose-Lawrie
Snider-Marisnick-Lawrie
Lawrie-Snider-Bautista
Thames-Gose-Snider
Thames-Snider-Lawrie

Just some options I can see happening. There's millions of possibilities. We could end up drafting an eighteen year old in 2012 that turns out to be the next Matt Holliday.

- I'd personally like to see if Thames can handle an infield position.
- There's a very high chance that Lawrie ends up in the outfield.
- There's a chance that Bautista can keep it together for another four years.
- There's also a chance that any of the above players can be traded, and in 2015, we might have three players in the outfield whose names we haven't ever heard of right now.

broncosfan_101
07-26-2011, 03:13 AM
No need to be rude about it. I would much rather speculate about next year than 4 years down the road dude. All I was trying to say... Why look ahead 4 years? For all we know, Gose, Snider, Knecht, Marisnick, and so on could all be traded by then. For all we know the Rogers Center could burn down in 2013 and we could somehow be moved to Connecticut. For all we know, next draft we draft an outfielder who is 2 years away and will be the next Ted Williams. Its a lot more productive to speculate about next year than 4 years down the road.

Then quite simply, stay out of a thread called 'Your 2015 Outfield'.

Jay
07-26-2011, 04:08 AM
I'll tell you one thing, Snider is far too streaky for our organization to have enough patience with him to last until 2015. No way I see that happening. He'll probably be included in a future package for a great player when we're on the very cusp of being a perennial contender in the division.

That's the AA plan. ;)

Macedonian
07-26-2011, 05:47 AM
LF - Travis Snider - 1988
LF - Eric Thames - 1986
LF - Marcus A. Knecht - 1990

CF - Anthony Gose - 1990
CF - Jacob Marisnick - 1991

RF - Moises Sierra - 1988
RF - Michael Crouse - 1990

JMac4PM
07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Thames-Marisnick-Bautista

jamjar
07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Thames - Gose - Bautista

Dol-Fan
07-26-2011, 10:43 AM
What do you guys think the Jays outfield will look like in 2015? They have quite a bit of talent between the major league club and all the affiliates, so it will be interesting to see who patrols the OF in the future. For the players who won't be on your list, who could get traded, who might get converted to another position and/or who flames out?

Do not factor in FA signings, trades, IFAs, or any future draft picks to keep your predictions limited to in-house players.

Then quite simply, stay out of a thread called 'Your 2015 Outfield'.

This.

I don't think I was being rude in my response. It was far less kind of you to make an attempt at derailing the thread before it starts. It's all speculation. If you wanna talk about next year, start a thread about it. If you don't want to talk about 2015, stay out of a thread called "Your 2015 Outfield". And in regards to your comment about drafting the next Ted Williams...the thread asked to make projections based on who we have in the system. It's a game. Take part or shut up.

Marisnick is much more likely to play centre-field than Crouse is.

Well, at least, I'm assuming so considering Marisnick has played 73 games in centre, where as Crouse has only played 4 and the majority of his time has been spent playing right-field.

You're right...I was thinking back to old scouting reports that projected Marisnick as a corner outfielder. Then thought of Crouse's high SB numbers this year and put him in centre. Marisnick is definitely the better candidate to play centre in the future.

We have so many outfield prospects it's really impossible to project who will pan out, who will bust, and who will get traded. Nonetheless, these games are fun.

ghost dog
07-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Thames - Gose - Bautista

x2

Macedonian
07-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Colby Rasmus added to the list...
What a list!? Simply: WOW!!!

Travis Snider - 1988
Eric Thames - 1986
Marcus Knecht - 1990
Anthony Gose - 1990
Jacob Marisnick - 1991
Moises Sierra - 1988
Michael Crouse - 1990
Colby Rasmus - 1986

Rugger
07-29-2011, 04:18 PM
outfield is definitely a position of strength for us going forward, be nice to see some middle infield depth but definitely not complaining with what we have.

R. Johnson#3
06-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Randomly clicked a page on forum history and found this haha.

mike_noodles
06-19-2015, 08:29 PM
Lol, only Bautista remains.

superfio
06-20-2015, 12:58 AM
wonder how Eric Thames is doing now, I couldn't find anything on him this year seeing he ripped apart Korean baseball for NC Dinos in 2014

intriguing if AA gives him another crack in future

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2015, 01:16 AM
LOL at some of the names. Especially Snider. I was asking for him to be traded while he was a prospect for years. We got like Brad Lincoln for him I think.

Twitchy
06-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Wow this is a funny list.

R. Johnson#3
06-20-2015, 01:22 PM
It's great seeing Eric Thames on here. He's not even playing anymore!

FlakeyFool
06-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Colby Rasmus added to the list...
What a list!? Simply: WOW!!!

Travis Snider - 1988
Eric Thames - 1986
Marcus Knecht - 1990
Anthony Gose - 1990
Jacob Marisnick - 1991
Moises Sierra - 1988
Michael Crouse - 1990
Colby Rasmus - 1986

Lol

superfio
06-22-2015, 01:45 AM
It's great seeing Eric Thames on here. He's not even playing anymore!

that's absurd, he killed it in Korean league last year why would he hang his spikes after that?