PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite team?

Youmad?
07-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Since I'm new here I just wanted to know a little more about you peeps, so I have 5 questions?

1.Who's your favorite NBA team?
2.How and when did you become a fan of that team?
3.Who's your favorite player currently and ever?
4.Most memorable moment your team has given you?
5.Prediction for next year, how many wins/losses, how far will they go etc.

Cal827
07-24-2011, 09:43 PM
This might not end well (especially b/c of what question 2 might result in lol)

Anyways

1. Raptors
2. Since 99 about, started watching sports about then and since they are a local team for me...
3. Ray Allen
4. Great series in 2001 vs the 76ers; although they lost in 7, when Carter put up that potential buzzer beater in the dying seconds of G.7... I think 76er fans can agree that all hearts in Toronto and Philly watching that game collectively stopped lol
5.Rebuild, so 28-54, miss playoffs.... top 5 lottery pick.

itsripcity32
07-24-2011, 09:50 PM
raptors have been "rebuilding" forever..

Youmad?
07-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah hopefully that rebuilding forever results in winning for them pretty soon, totonto need to have a winning franchise

Bulls_fan90
07-24-2011, 09:58 PM
raptors have been "rebuilding" forever..

They have a better future than the Pistons.

pd7631
07-24-2011, 09:59 PM

Philadelphia 76ers

When I was 7 years old my sister and brother in-law took me to the Spectrum to see the Bulls play the Sixers. At the time I loved the Bulls and Michael Jordan (what 90's kid didn't?). Anyway, we went to the game, had my Jordan jersey on, got to see Pippen, Rodman, and the rest of that great Bulls team. Jordan had 48 in 3 quarters if I remember correctly, and I walked out of the building a Sixer fan. The next year the Sixers drafted AI, and that just sealed the deal.

Allen Iverson

Beating the Lakers in Game 1 of the 2001 Finals.

45-50 wins, 5th or 6th seed and a First Round elimination in the playoffs. Our future is bright, but we're not ready to make that next step just yet.

pd7631
07-24-2011, 10:00 PM
This might not end well (especially b/c of what question 2 might result in lol)

Anyways

1. Raptors
2. Since 99 about, started watching sports about then and since they are a local team for me...
3. Ray Allen
4. Great series in 2001 vs the 76ers; although they lost in 7, when Carter put up that potential buzzer beater in the dying seconds of G.7... I think 76er fans can agree that all hearts in Toronto and Philly watching that game collectively stopped lol
5.Rebuild, so 28-54, miss playoffs.... top 5 lottery pick.

I still flat line every time I see that shot go up

PacersForLife
07-24-2011, 10:01 PM
1. Pacers
2. I've been a fan ever since I can remember.
3. My current player currently would probably be Danny Granger, my favorite player ever would be Reggie Miller.
4. Most memorable moment would have to be Reggie's 8 points in 9 seconds.
5. My prediction will probably get me called a big homer, but if we get our starting power forward I think we could go 50-32 (if there is a full season) if we don't sign anybody else or trade anybody I would get more like 41-44 wins.

ryguy2k7
07-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Since I'm new here I just wanted to know a little more about you peeps, so I have 5 questions?

1. Minnesota Timberwolves

2. I was born and raised in Minnesota. The moment I became a fan was when my dad took me to a game when I was in 3rd grade and I got to see K.G., Tom gugliotta, Sam Mitchell and all the classics. The cheerleaders picked me out of thousands of kids in the audience to give a Timberwolves gift pack too.

3. Favorite player currently: Kevin Love. Favorite player ever: K.G.

4. Most memorable moments for me were meeting Malik Sealy (A month before he passed away), Joe Smith, Chris Carr (My friend's personal trainer), and Flip Saunders. Another moment was going to the 2004 playoff game 10 rows back against the SAC Kings and we pulled off a come from behind victory in game 2 of the series.

5. You can't get much worse than the Wolves were last year. I predict (with the addition of Rubio and Williams) that we'll be 32-50. We won't obviouslly make the playoffs but next year, if there's a season, it'll be a huge step in the right direction.

juno10
07-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah hopefully that rebuilding forever results in winning for them pretty soon, totonto need to have a winning franchise

more like retooling lol i dont think we had a reubuild like this in awhile, and don't worry pistons should be rebuilding for awhile

: p

mbthefuture
07-24-2011, 10:12 PM
1.Who's your favorite NBA team? Thunder

i got tired of likeing the cavs because of dumb trades and to many ppl liked bron. ALSO I STARTED WATCHIN MORE BALL ON TV SINCE I HAD A KID AND THEY JUST GREW ON ME QUICK I LOVE THE WHOLE TEAM ...2 years ago.

3.Who's your favorite player currently and ever?kevin durrant

4.Most memorable moment your team has given you?THIS YEAR THE WHOLE PLAYOFFS.... ALOS MY GF BUYING ME A KD SIGNED BALL

5.Prediction for next year, how many wins/losses, how far will they go etc. IDK BOUT WINS... BUT IM PREDICTING THE FINALS WE LEARNED ALOT THIS YEAR

Cal827
07-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I still flat line every time I see that shot go up

lol entertaining series overall though... I know Carter and AI had 50 in separate games (I think Iverson had 2 separate games of 50)

marj987
07-24-2011, 10:31 PM
1.Who's your favorite NBA team? Mavs all time Fav, Nets
2.How and when did you become a fan of that team? After watching them against the spurs game 7 of 2006
3.Who's your favorite player currently and ever? Out of Danillo Gallanari, Marcus Thornton, Travis Outlaw, or Brook Lopez. All time fav is Dirk of course
4.Most memorable moment your team has given you?Winning the NBA finals. :) and this -------->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsjmYyDzYlc
5.Prediction for next year, how many wins/losses, how far will they go etc. 58 - 24.

asandhu23
07-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Golden State Warriors

98. I was a young fan in India and needed a team to follow. Chose the catchiest name. Never knew I was going to move to Bay Area later in my life lol.

Current: Monta Ellis All Time: Wilt Chamberlain

2007 Playoff run

45-37. Make the playoffs but get beat by some team

Slimsim
07-24-2011, 10:51 PM
New York Knicks

Since i was born My whole family root for NY sports teams

Current favorite Player : Knick killer Paul pierce
All time Favorite Player : probably shaq

The 1999 playoff run

48-34 We make the playoffs but lose in game 7 to the Chicago bulls in the first round
HCA bulls

chicago lulz
07-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Bulls
Started watching during the second 3-peat as a kid. Started watching seriously around the beginning of the Tim Floyd/Elton Brand era
Currently: Derrick Rose. Ever: Michael Jordan
Watching MJ's buzzer beater over Russell to end that 3-peat.
Round 1 of the 2008/2009 Playoffs Bulls/Celtics
Being at the 2011 Pistons home game, where the Bulls came back from 30 down to win
Being at the 2011 Rockets home game, where Rose hit the three point buzzer beater to take the game into over time.
50-60 wins. ECF depending on off-season aquisitions.

netsgiantsyanks
07-24-2011, 10:59 PM

1.new jersey nets
2.2002, they were on the same network as the yankees and starting watching them
3.currently:deron williams, all time:jason kidd
4.deron williams trade/devin harris hail mary
5.they make the 8th seed in the east, 40-45 wins at the most, and the farthest they'll go realistically is the 1st round, too much tough competition

Dade County
07-24-2011, 11:01 PM
The HEAT/Dolphins

Early 90's.... I'm born and raised in the County of Dade!

Favorite player, (past) Jordan/ Deion Sanders ... (Now) D wade

D wade brought a championship to the HEAT

The HEAT will win 70+ games, and bring a championship back to Dade County
(last season was just business, no hard feelings)

goldenstater
07-24-2011, 11:04 PM
1)golden state warriors
2)my whole life but i really loved the Bulls and Jordan, loved the W's too cause I am Northern Cali kid born and raised. my Dad was a huge W's fan( whole family really) and eventually i just couldn't help loving them.
3)favorite player is Monta Ellis, Alltime is Chris Mullin and it aint even close, but special shout out to "The original Killer Crossover" and J-Rich.
4) we believe year and Run TMC
5) 30-20 and the 8th seed.:)

Kashmir13579
07-24-2011, 11:07 PM
1. Knicks

2. In 2002 i became a fan. (Horrible timing)

3. My favorite on the Knicks currently is Andy Rautins. My all-time favorite is Jamal Crawford.
3.5 - My current favorite non-Knick is Steve Nash/Rajon Rondo. My all-time favorite player is Gerry Mcnamara.

4. The most memorable moment for me was when the Knicks drafted Andy Rautins in the second round. (seriously)

5. I have literally no idea how well the Knicks will do next year. As the roster stands right now they barely have a team.

Nick O
07-24-2011, 11:15 PM
1.Toronto Raptors
2.early 00's
3.tough... currently i think id say my favorite raptor is Reggie Evans... hard working , hustle underated and just a fun guy to watch....All time... im going to get hate but im STILL a big Chris Bosh fan i mean he didnt leave in the way that Douchebag Carter did and hes an underated player a very good rebounder and a good scorer as well as the best player in franchise history ....
4.one of my earlier Raptor memories was that 76ers playoff series.... memorable but heart breaking.... i also loved their atlantic division title run...
5.sigh....... rebuilding...

marj987
07-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Anyone notics Paul George looks alot like Iman Shupert?

pd7631
07-25-2011, 12:16 AM
this was the first game I ever went to....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUMHZbvnMAA

CBCable
07-25-2011, 12:20 AM
1. Your World Champion Dallas Mavericks

2. All 24 years of my life. Family has had season tickets every year since '93. Watched a lot of truly awful basketball as a kid.

3. The most honest answer to both is Dirk, but choosing a star feels lazy so I'm going to say that handsome devil in my avatar, Mr. Jerry Stackhouse.

4. June 12th, 2011

5. I have no expectations for next year. The goal has been accomplished. Even if we go 0-82 it'll still feel like a victory lap.

RevisIsland
07-25-2011, 01:34 AM

1. Knicks
2. I grew up in NYC so it just sort of happened.
3. Currently 'Melo, all time Bernard King
4. Those late 90's Heat playoff games, they were so intense, and they really got me into basketball.
5. 45 or so wins and a first round playoff loss, we're a year away.

Korman12
07-25-2011, 01:52 AM
Sixers:

Became a fan in 2001 like a lot of kids. I've lived in the area my whole life and was a Jordan fan as a kid, but for some reason 2001 (7th Grade) was when I turned completely Philly sports.

By default AI prime was my favorite Sixer (never got to watch Charles or the other greats). Currently I'll go with Jrue Holiday for the team. But my fav. current nba player is Manu.

Most Memorable Moment? I went with my dad for the second game in the 2001 playoff series against Toronto when Iverson put up 54 points in the win.

Prediction: Pretty much where they were last season, a little above 40 wins (lets say 43).

theheatles
07-25-2011, 03:58 PM
1.Who's your favorite NBA team? Miami Heat
2.How and when did you become a fan of that team? went to my 1st heat game in march 97' vs lakers...shaq and zo were both out with injuries... tim hardaway hit a go ahead 3 to win it after van exel or eddie jones bricked a potential gw...big fan ever since
3.Who's your favorite player currently and ever? Wade/LeBron, Wade
4.Most memorable moment your team has given you? 06' finals
I'm just going to say 85% win rate and winning the championship

WadeKobe
07-25-2011, 04:27 PM
The HEAT/Dolphins

Early 90's.... I'm born and raised in the County of Dade!

Favorite player, (past) Jordan/ Deion Sanders ... (Now) D wade

D wade brought a championship to the HEAT

The HEAT will win 70+ games, and bring a championship back to Dade County
(last season was just business, no hard feelings)

It is posts like these that give us a bad name.

I think 65 is a fair prediction. 70 is possible, but if you go around predicting it you look like an ***.

alencp3
07-25-2011, 04:44 PM

1. Griffers
2. Nba draft 2009
3. Griffin and Griffin
4. Griffin on everybody
5. around 55 wins - will lose in WCF against OKC

--23--
07-25-2011, 06:22 PM
1.Who's your favorite NBA team? Bulls

I became a fan from some of my family members they was huge Jordan fans... I been a fan of the Bulls ever since i can remember watching the NBA which started in the late end 80's-1990.

Fav current player is Melo I been a fan since his college days. Fav player ever is Jordan.

The dynasty in the 90's :cool:

I did good this year i said the Bulls will make it to the ECF b4 the season started and they did. I need to see what trades/signings happen with the Bulls and around the league before i can really make a prediction, But I'll say the Bulls are still a ECF team and would win around 55 games

PacersForLife
07-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Anyone notics Paul George looks alot like Iman Shupert?

Are you sure you know who you're talking about? I don't see any resemblance lol

sventhedog
07-26-2011, 08:09 AM
spurs!

aussie
07-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Hornets

I got a Zo jersey when i was younger so went for the Hornets

CP3, Zo

2007/08 run

No idea have only 5 rostered players :S hopefully playoffs again

GoPacers33
07-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Youmad?

Pacers
When I got around 9-10 so about 2005. One of my first Pacers memories is the brawl
Paul George - Reggie Miller
Sad but the brawl
I say 6th seed 47-25 knocked out first round

Dade County
07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
It is posts like these that give us a bad name.

I think 65 is a fair prediction. 70 is possible, but if you go around predicting it you look like an ***.

I see what you are saying, but I never cared about other people opinions ( a specially *** holes) in
my entire life ( my mom told be I'm just different ) I'm my on man!

Yahweh made me this way (his going to use me in the future, because I am above the influence of man) :D

Miami HEAT 70 wins or more (and if they don't reach that win totally so WHAT!) It's all about the rings!

Don't confuse me with the majority ( The Majority, can't see the forest from the tress)

Shalom!

todu82
07-26-2011, 01:24 PM

Detroit

When they beat the Lakers in 2004 finals

Dwight Howard currently; Michael Jordan all-time.

Beating the Lakers in the 2004 finals

5.Prediction for next year, how many wins/losses, how far will they go etc

36-46, 11th in the East

dnewguy
07-26-2011, 01:31 PM
1.Who's your favorite NBA team? Heat baby
2.How and when did you become a fan of that team? Cos I hated Kobe, I jumped on Shaq's bandwagon (ex lakers fan) and I just like D wade and remained a Heat fan ever since baby
3.Who's your favorite player currently and ever? WADE baby
4.Most memorable moment your team has given you? "And the Miami Heat are Champions of the Basketball world" baby
5.Prediction for next year, how many wins/losses, how far will they go. Championship baby, 62-20 baby.

WadeKobe
07-26-2011, 03:58 PM

Miami Heat

To me, this is what makes sports so fun! I am a Dolphins fan because my family had taken a trip to Sea World over the summer in 1991, and I'd fallen in love with the dolphin exhibit. My parents bought me a stuffed animal dolphin, I named him "Streak", and I slept with him every night....

So when I saw a sports team named "Dolphins"... they were instantly my favorite. It didn't hurt that Dan Marino was slinging the ball around.

I'm a Miami Heat fan because I was 8 and saw them on tv, and they were from Miami like my Dolphins, lol. My father then took me to a game to see them play the Washington Bullets in Maryland/D.C. on Friday, November 24, 1995. Been a fan ever since.

Currently: Wade
Ever: Wade, Mourning, Kidd, Garnett

This one is obvious... 2006 championship!

62-68 wins in the regular season, go to the NBA Finals... hopefully win. This should be our easiest year in the whole run. Things get more interesting next year.

islandprince
07-26-2011, 04:15 PM
1.Who's your favorite NBA team?Bulls
2.How and when did you become a fan of that team? 91
3.Who's your favorite player currently and ever? Derick Rose n MJ
4.Most memorable moment your team has given you? Jordans 55 vs. knicks in 95
5.Prediction for next year, how many wins/losses, how far will they go etc. 62-20 Finals

Brooklyn Mets
07-26-2011, 04:21 PM

1. New York Knicks

2. I was born and raised in Brooklyn right across the street from a handful of basketball courts so as far back as I can remember I have been completely engulfed in the sports world, more specifically basketball and the Knicks.

3. My favorite basketball player of all time is Patrick Ewing. My favorite player who is currently active would be Carmelo Anthony.

4. Larry Johnson four point play.

5. Depending on how everything in the offseason shakes out im saying the Knicks finish anywhere between 5 and 8 in the East with a record somewhere around 50-32. Miami, Chicago, Boston, Orlando are in the top tier. I would put the Knicks and the Hawks right under them. and then I would say teams like Philly, Indy, Milwaukee, etc. not too far behind.

PHXfanCRO
07-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Suns
since 2008.Back then i just started watching basketball so i was watching on youtube some player mixes and saw some Steve Nash mix and it was love at first sight xd so I started watching Suns games to see what can this hairy canadian do and during the proces i became a Suns fan
now:Nash all time:Nash
now the last year PO run was good :D but my all time favorite Suns moment is the 2005 Suns vs Mavs PO series :D
depends if Nash leaves i say around 20 with him ~45 maybe enough for the POs but i hope for a suprise :D

gilly
07-26-2011, 04:40 PM
1.Who's your favorite NBA team? Philadelphia 76ers
2.How and when did you become a fan of that team? 2007? Not 100% though. When I first started following basketball though.
3.Who's your favorite player currently and ever? Currently it's Jrue Holiday, Luol Deng and Vince Carter.
4.Most memorable moment your team has given you? Not too many since I've been a fan if I'm honest.
5.Prediction for next year, how many wins/losses, how far will they go etc. 5/6th seed in the East.

smith&wesson
07-26-2011, 04:42 PM

Raptors
im from toronto, 16 seasons ago when they first came in the league.

right now its melo, all time is probably kobe

most memorable moment was a dispaointment. the raptors were down 2 and had las posession. carter would take the last shot. if he made it the raps would make the first ever ECF's ever. he missed. it sucked. never made it that far again.

next year the raps will be lucky if they win 30 games again. but the good news is they will be a lottery team again in a stacked draft.

life as a raps fan :facepalm:

mjm07
07-26-2011, 04:56 PM
1.Who's your favorite NBA team? Miami Heat
2.How and when did you become a fan of that team? Since Rony Seikley was drafted
3.Who's your favorite player currently and ever? Current: Wade/Lebron Past: Wade/Timmy/Mourning
Watching/celebtrating Game 6 at ESPNZone in Time Square as the Heat win the 2006 Championship. besides me going ape ****... there were a lot of angry mugs in the place hahahahah
60-65 wins, with another NBA finals trip against OKC.

_KB24_
07-26-2011, 05:16 PM

Lakers

During the 85 run, a friend of mine took me to a game against the Blazers I believe and fell in love with the Forum. The building is what got me hooked on to the Lakers :laugh2:

90's was real boring and went through school anyways, but born again Lakers fan in the 00's during the Kobe/Shaq era. 2000 was one hell of a year for all of us in LA, never seen the city so alive till date.

Currently: Kobe
Ever: Shaq, Kobe, Magic, KAJ, and Horry/AC Green

Wow, not necessarily the greatest play/moment I witnessed based on how great it was, but the most special and the context of me watching the Horry winner against the Queens in 02 was amazing. I was with the family at Silver Lake and when to the parking lot to fetch a cooler from car, when I saw a nearly half of lot of people standing around their cars listening to the radio broadcast. I quickly tuned in as well after Shaq missed the tip in and we heard Vlade cleared it out, their were a couple of sighs and gasps, before we heard "Horry for the win....THE LAKERS WIN" word for word. And the place went nuts! :cool:

56-26 1st or 2nd in the Conference.

Bravo95
07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
1. Hawks
2. Hometeam, early '90s.
3. Don't really have a #1 now. All-time, The Human Highlight Film
4. Good: The way they battled vs Boston in the '08 playoffs as heavy underdogs. Bad: I could make a long list here, but #1 is trading 'Nique for gutless Danny Manning when they were the best team in the East.
5. They made it through last season with basically no contribution from the PG position. If Jeff Teague becomes the player that many believe he's capable of, they'll win 50+ games... 3rd-5th seed.