PDA

View Full Version : Question about Adam Lind

Budsfan4life
07-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm new to the boards, just have a question regarding Adam Lind. What happens when he needs a day off. Who else can play 1b? Would they have to call up David Cooper for a couple days.

fatkev78
07-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Edwin

North Yorker
07-24-2011, 11:52 AM
EE and if he ends up being traded I guess it would be Bautista.

GNick
07-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Cooper maybe on the bench next year though

leafswin2011
07-24-2011, 11:10 PM
i have a totaly random question but what do you guys think we could get in terms of a top 3 pitcher and maybe a prospect if we traded adam lind?what teams would be most interested.

Bombtista
07-25-2011, 12:09 AM
i have a totaly random question but what do you guys think we could get in terms of a top 3 pitcher and maybe a prospect if we traded adam lind?what teams would be most interested.

I dont think trading Lind would be in our best interest. He is a top tier first baseman who is good enough to work with us in a winning season which i hope is soon. We have a ton of prospects who would be more realistic for trading for a SP help which i think we really need to do.

John Johnson would be a good guy to trade for and we have lots of minor league guys like Gose, d'Arnaud who i think would be expendable if the right opportunity came up

Rugger
07-25-2011, 12:28 AM
I dont think trading Lind would be in our best interest. He is a top tier first baseman who is good enough to work with us in a winning season which i hope is soon. We have a ton of prospects who would be more realistic for trading for a SP help which i think we really need to do.

John Johnson would be a good guy to trade for and we have lots of minor league guys like Gose, d'Arnaud who i think would be expendable if the right opportunity came up

Although I fully agree with the not trading Lind sentiment there's no way AA trades either Gose or d'Arnaud as both seem tagged for Toronto within 2 years.

If we're looking to trade more likely trades pieces maybe Stewart, Jenkins, Sierra, Farquar (sp?), Mills

Big Hurt
07-25-2011, 08:32 AM
1st base is the easiest to fill.
I am sure Snider, McCoy, JPA, Hill or J-Mac could all play there in a pinch.

Nica
07-25-2011, 10:03 AM
1st base is the easiest to fill.
I am sure Snider, McCoy, JPA, Hill or J-Mac could all play there in a pinch.

I'm guessing Johnny Mac could fill in just about anywhere. If the ugliness continues at 2nd base I wouldn't mind seeing him play there for a stretch.

JMac4PM
07-25-2011, 11:34 AM
I would love for Bautista to play some 1B... i have a HUGE hole at 1B on my fantasy team and if I can move him there thatd fix it.

Polandice
07-25-2011, 12:30 PM

I was also thinking of dealing Adam Lind, and then throwing the bank at Fielder in the off-season.

I think TB would be interested in another hitter and I've heard Upton and Shields been mentioned in rumours.

I think Lind and maybe Snider for James Shields and BJ Upton.

Sign Fielder as a FA and our line up would look like this:

1b- Fielder
2b- Hill?
3b- Lawrie
SS- Escobar
LF- Davis
CF- Upton
RF- Bautista
DH- Thames

SP- Romero, Shields, Morrow, Cecil, Drabek

henderson56
07-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I was also thinking of dealing Adam Lind, and then throwing the bank at Fielder in the off-season.

I think TB would be interested in another hitter and I've heard Upton and Shields been mentioned in rumours.

1b- Fielder
2b- Hill?
3b- Lawrie
SS- Escobar
LF- Davis
CF- Upton
RF- Bautista
DH- Thames

The Rays would never do that lol

Polandice
07-25-2011, 12:44 PM
The Rays are desperate for hitting and will use both Shields and/or Upton to get it. I think that will be a good starting point in a deal.

TO Rapz
07-25-2011, 06:14 PM
I would love for Bautista to play some 1B... i have a HUGE hole at 1B on my fantasy team and if I can move him there thatd fix it.

:laugh2:

3Blueforyou
07-25-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm guessing Johnny Mac could fill in just about anywhere. If the ugliness continues at 2nd base I wouldn't mind seeing him play there for a stretch.

Johnny mac would be the best defensive 1b ever!!!!!! lol but seriously, that man just has talent on that side of the ball.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Batista at first base is waste.

His arm and defense is too good to be a first baseman.

leafswin2011
07-25-2011, 11:28 PM

1b- Fielder
2b- Hill?
3b- Lawrie
SS- Escobar
LF- Davis
CF- Upton
RF- Bautista
DH- Thames

thats exactly what i was thinking with the signing of fielder

es0terik
07-26-2011, 02:16 AM
I like Snider much more than Upton. How about just Lind for Shields.

Though I don't care much for that trade either because there's no guarantee you sign Fielder.

Jay
07-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Typically, I would take Upton over Snider. The problem here is that we have Gose coming up quickly through the ranks and there really isn't anywhere else we can put Upton.

Doesn't matter anyways. We'd supposedly flip Upton to another team in a 3-way deal.