PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Off-Season Playoffs: #3) Orlando Magic vs. #6) Milwaukee Bucks

KnicksorBust
07-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the NBA Mock Off-season Playoff voting. Every summer, between 50-65 PSD users participate in a game where each GM takes on the challenge of running the off-season for an NBA team. Those GM's are free to make trades, signings, pick up team option on players, conduct the draft etc as ways to help better improve their team. What we have here is the results of those GM's hard-work as we have now reached the playoffs.

Keep in mind when voting that teams have changed dramatically through the mock and many teams are operating with completely new starting line ups. So please take the time to look at the teams closely (depth chart and write up) before voting. Try to avoid being a homer and vote simply on who is the better team in the match up.

#3) Orlando Magic vs. #6) Milwaukee Bucks

Orlando Magic have Homecourt Advantage!

Magic Depth Chart:
PG: Kirk Hinrich (30) Luke Ridnour (15), Mike Bibby(1-5), Darius Morris
SG: Wes Matthews (30), Mike Dunleavy (10) Tracy McGrady (10), Sasha Vujacic
SF: LeBron James (38), Mike Dunleavey JR (10), Sasha Vujacic
PF: Kevin Garnett (30), Reggie Evans (15-20), Eduardo Najera (1-5)
C: Javale McGee (30), Kurt Thomas (15), Reggie Evans (3)

Bucks Depth Chart:
PG: Jameer Nelson (33) /Louis Williams (13)/Randy Foye (2)
SG: Tyreke Evans (37) /Jason Richardson (10) /Randy Foye (2)
SF: Paul Pierce (34) /Jason Richardson (8)/ Luc Richard Mbah a Moute (6)
PF: Serge Ibaka (16) /Lamar Odom (29)/Luc Richard Mbah a Moute (3)
C: Samuel Dalembert (25) /Serge Ibaka (14)/Chris Andersen (9)/ Nazr Mohammad (0)

Magic Write-up:

Nelson v. Hinrich
Nelson is a great shooter, but only an average passer for his position. His defense is very porous as well. Kirk had a little bit of a down year, but is still both a tremendous defender and a knock-down shooter. He is a good passer, but LeBron will be doing a bulk of the ball-handling and Ridnour and Bibby coming off the bench will also help in that regard. Kirk notoriously plays amazingly well against Jameer. In the playoffs, Hinrich has held Nelson to 38% shooting from the field and 23% from three. Our depth at PG we feel is a strong asset; Hinrich and Ridnour are both great leaders, defenders passers and shooters.

Evans v. Matthews
Evans has a very bright future. He regressed a good amount his sophomore year. He shot very poorly from the field (.432 eFG%) and posted a PER of 14.4 and 0.036 WS/48. He really was not a huge asset to a team, finishing with only 1.6 total win shares. In contrast, Matthew’s sophomore year was a huge improvement. He scoreed 16 points a game in replacement of Brandon Roy, and the team hardly saw any drop-off. He posted a 15.5 PER and a very impressive 0.126 WS/48, more than triple of what Evan’s posted. He finished with 7.2 WS (Evans had 1.6). He’s a great shooter that will compliment LeBron and our PG’s tremendously.

Pierce v. James
Pierce had one of his most efficient seasons ever last year at the age of 33. However, he’s been on a team with a great passing PG, an amazing shooting SG, and a top 20 player ever at PF. Now, he's in Milwaukee, where he’s the clear #1 option. In addition to that, he doesn't have that great passing PG, that great shooting SG and that Hall of Fame big man. His supporting cast is far weaker and his efficiency will thus go down significantly. LeBron James is the best player in basketball, period. He has very few, if any weaknesses. He can play almost any role on a team too. Most importantly, he’ll be defending Milwaukee’s best player, and since they severely lack offense outside of Pierce, that’s a huge advantage for us.

Ibaka/Odom v. Garnett/Evans
Probably the position with most depth for them, they can come with a great offensive play-maker and counter with a defensive stopper and rebounding machine. However, we can counter with one of the 3 best defenders in the NBA, and a guy who can still score 15 points a game. We can also counter with Reggie Evans, who posted a better TRB% and a better rebound/36 minutes than Kevin Love and everyone else in the league. He’s a monster on the glass, and also a tough enforcer. We feel we match up amazingly defensively, and can easily hold our own, and some, on the glass and offensively.

Dalembert v McGee
This is a clear win for us. McGee was 7th in the league in FG%, 15th in eFG%, probably the best shot-blocker in the game (led the league in BLK%, 2nd in Blocks per game), 15th in Total RB%. Dalembert puts up similar counting numbers, but is not nearly as efficient of a rebounder, shot blocker or scorer. McGee had a 17.4 PER and .115 WS/48 compared to Dalembert’s 14.1 and 0.072 respectively.

Benches: Their bench probably has some big names, but our bench is perfectly balanced. We have great shooters in the back court, and great physical and defensive-minded players in the front court.

More specifically, we have the the 4th and 6th best three point shooters in the NBA last season, in Ridnour and Bibby respectively (44% from three for both). They'll be countering Lou Williams, a streaky shooter and a poor defender. Sasha can also drain threes, and is a great defender.

Dunleavy had an injury-plagued season, but was still very solid when healthy. He posted a Statistical +/- of 1.35, which is significantly higher than other SFs like Gallinari, Marion, Battier, Hill, Batum, Ariza etc. He's a 40% shooter from three, and 46% from the field. Had a PER of 14.6 and an impressive 0.130 WS/48. His advanced stats mirror Richardson's, who is a bigger part of their team (14.9 PER, 0.126 PER). We can throw T-Mac in there for a wrinkle too.

Overall, we feel that our defense is good enough to completely shut down this weak offense. We have two First Team All-Defense Team players, as well as the best shot blocker in the NBA. Hinrich and Matthews are also both plus-defenders. Offensively, we have the best play-maker in the game to go along with great shooters in the back court, and efficient scorers in the paint. It is a perfect mix and compliment for LeBron…and is easily the most balanced team he’s ever played on.

Bucks Writeup:
*Hello PSD…..as you can see, my opponent is the Orlando Magic. Yea, on paper they’re better than us, but can they win the love of the NBA forum faithful? Have you noticed who’s on that team? Lebron James! Or Lebrick. Or LeRobin. Or LeSideKick. Or LeChoke. Or Queen James.Or Lebrick Shames. Or LeDelonteBangedMyMom. Honestly, I don’t care what you wanna call Lebron chokeartist James. He’sLebron James you all love to hate. Lebron James sucks obviously, he’s a choker! BRIAN CARDINAL>LEBRON JAMES. He has as many rings as everyone at PSD combined! He betrayed the city of Cleveland to take his talents down to South Beach? Now he’s taking a walk down the park and bringing the talent to Disney? What a traitor, to be frank Lebron can go eat the poo poo……and like it! and now he’s teaming up with KG the biggest bully? The guy who likes to hit people when they’re down, trash talks, and goes for cheap shots. Why would you want to have this team represent you in the 2nd round against the Bulls. The Bucks are classy, we are titletown godamnit! We have class acts like Lamar Odom representing boi. .....Remember a vote for the Bucks is a vote against Lebron!!!!!!!
The Dallas Mavericks won the championship for anyone that didn’t know. Are they on paper the best team? Not really….when Jason Terry is your 2nd best player wouldn’t expect anything near an NBA championsip. But they beat Kobe and Lebron/Wade because they had 1 very strong point….depth! This is what the Milwaukee Bucks have. Lou Will, Richardson, Moute, and Odom are all capable starters coming off the bench. Lou Will pushes the tempo and has a great drive to the hoop. Richardson expands the floor on the perimeter, Moute shuts scorers down, and what can’t Odom do? Our team is VERY VERY DEEP, and that will help us greatly in this 7 game series.
PG Jameer Nelson vs Kirk Hinrich
Nelson takes this easily. Kirk is barely starting for his real life team going forward. He had a 101 ORTG, 2nd lowest on his team.shows he’s not great at running the floor. His defense isn’t that great either now. He struggled the past few years. His PER has been below 14 the past 4 years, Nelson has never been below 14 in his career. He’s been around 16 the past few years. He has double the win shares offensively and defensively. He can score much more deadlier and has better TS% and eFG% than Kirk. Nelson also has much greater AST%. 33% to 20% showing his capability to create for others. Kirk has been very inefficient recently. He’s far from the player he was a few years ago. Kirk only played 30 minutes once in the playoffs, so he was barely a main factor in the series, and Nelson had to be #2 option. Here, Nelson just needs to spread the ball, and hit some 3’s. He has much less pressure in this situation. Nelson is a better shooter, passer, and defender.

SG: Tyreke Evans vs Wesley Matthews.
INJURIES DON’T COUNT SO TYREKE IS HEALTY. This is one of the matchups I feel gives us a huge advantage. With Tyreke Evans completely healthy, he will have his way with Wesley Mathews. Tyreke is one of the best players at getting to the hoop and will easily get over 20 pts in this matchup. Wesley is an above average three-point shooter, however Tyreke is 6’6 and has a 6’11 wingspan, which he can use to close out on his defender and get deflections off of passes. Tyreke can do it all he’s a triple double machine averaging 20/6/6/ as a rookie! In his 2nd full year, he can improve on that…..playing on a bad team made him take a lot of unnecessary shots hence the efficiency, but with Pierce Tyreke will take more controlled shots=higher percentages. He doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be effective as we’ve seen him be a multiple way player doing many things at once. He can always play point. Wesley is not a good defender, Tyreke will drop a lot of points. Wesley is pretty much equal to our backup wing Jason Richardson in that they are both scoring wings with mediocre defense that should come off the bench. I feel like our backcourt is a huge advantage for the Bucks.

SF: Lebron-Pierce
Obviously Lebron is better, but Pierce is arguably the best complete all around SF after Lebron.(most well-rounded player after Lebron I mean, not #2 SF overall ) He can defend, pass, and score. Plus he’s much much more clutch especially in the playoffs. Pierce shot 49% against Miami this season…..thing is with Boston having so many scorers and slow pace Pierce doesn’t take that many shots he only had 11 per game against Lebron…..he’ll get 16ish attempts a game which equivalates to about 25 ppg….He and Moute together will slow down Lebron. Pierce is a great perimeter defender, while Moute is an amazing drive defender. Lebron will have a tough time getting to the hoop. Sure he’ll still get his 25 ppg but his fg% will defiantly be low and gonna take a lot of extra shots. We’ve seen him choke to Pierce in the playoffs before, and Lebron always has trouble taking care of the ball, he had almost 5 turnovers a game against Pierce. Pierce/Moute/Ricardson make a great combo which is pretty damn close to Lebron. Pierce was amazing last season, he had a 12 WS, and 20 PER! His efficiency was off the charts. A 620 TS%!!!! His ORTG/DRTG difference was +15. He had .2 win shares per game. He will carry the team on his back and come through in the clutch like Vintage Pierce.

PF: Lamar Odom/Serge Ibaka vs Kevin Garnett
These starting forwards (Ibaka) forwards are both good mid-range jump shooters who play superb defense. This is why I believe these two are closer than it might seem. Obviously KG is a much better defensive anchor and has a much better mid range shot, ibaka plays a similar style. With KG getting older, being able to keep Serge off the boards will be hard. They have around equal rebound %. Ibaka also plays tough defense and will make KG work for every point he gets…..I mean KG had 9 win shares to Ibaka’s 7 and a half. KG has a slightly higher PER. Don’t forget Odom too, who probably guards you the most. can Garnett guard him out on the perimeter? Odom will work as a point forward while getting boards off the glass and playing great defense. Odom had more win shares than Garnett last year. He’s so versatile in te sense he can do pretty much everything. He won 6th man of te year for a reason. The Ibaka/Odom combo would be very deadly.

C: Javale McGee vs Samuel Dalembert
Both players here have similar skill sets. Javale and Samuel aren’t great scorers and do lots of their work off of alley oops and offensive rebounds. However, both are very good defenders and can get blocks through help defense. I think both are in the game for the same purpose and will provide the same amount intensity leading me to believe this matchup is pretty equal. McGee is the much better blocker, but Dalembert is the better rebounder. WASH

Bench
Our bench is vastly superior to Orlando’s. As seen in the playoffs this year, having a great bench and balanced pieces can makeup for star power. Louis Williams was a very good scorer last year for the Sixers off the bench. He should definitely be able to outplay Luke Ridnour throughout the course of this series.
Jason Richardson is also a great scorer who will come in and stretch the floor with his three-point ability. Randy Foye is our 3rd backup guard who plays combo. Foye can score points and play the point.
Mbah a Moute is a solid defensive player and he has the size and strength to guard both forward positions. He will be guarding Troy Murphy who is nothing but a volume scorer at this point. In limited minutes his sub-par eFG% and TS% will be a negative factor for the Magic.
Then we have Lamar Odom, the reigning sixth man of the year who can come in and get 15 and 10 as well as multiple assists through his smooth game. He will dominate Reggie Evans out on the perimeter and easily contain him on defense. Our last main bench piece is Chris “Birdman” Andersen who is a solid rebounder, help defender, and brings great energy. He’s got .220 win shares per 48! He should have no problem guarding the elderly Kurt Thomas who isn’t a threat anyways. In total 40 point a game is very possible from the bench along with solid defense. Nazr is could for his use. We believe our bench puts our team over the top.
We have scoring from Lou Will Foye and J Rich, energy from Birdman, passing from Odom and Foye defense in Nazr and Moute….Our bench is one of the best in the league.

Overall we are confident we can at least hang with the Magic and give Lebron a run for his money. Our strong dept favors our chances deep into the game when everyone is tired.

ManRam
07-23-2011, 03:16 PM
I sent MHC my writeup. Let me find it and then stick it in there...

Catfish1314
07-23-2011, 03:18 PM
To clarify, injuries do count. But since Evans is 100 percent healthy now and these are the 2012 playoffs, he is healthy :)

This is actually a tough match-up for the Magic. Milwaukee can lean on Pierce, Evans, and Richardson for a potent dose of offense from the perimeter. LeBron may be a great defender but he can't guard them all at once. Both teams have very strong interior defenses too.

Homecourt advantage, a superior perimeter defense, and LeBron are the difference makers for me. Magic in 6.

Ebbs
07-23-2011, 03:21 PM
I doubt Tyreke would have his way with Matthews it's not that big of an upgrade.

Catfish1314
07-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I doubt Tyreke would have his way with Matthews it's not that big of an upgrade.

A healthy Tyreke is significantly better than Matthews.

John Walls Era
07-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Remember a vote for the Bucks is a vote against Lebron!!!!!!

:laugh:

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2011, 03:28 PM

Tyreke is one of the best players in the league at getting to the hoop. He also has significantly better ball handling, rebounding, and passing abilities.

A healthy Tyreke is significantly better than Matthews.
Agree. Tyreke is easily a top 8 SG when healthy and could probably be top 5 by the end of the year.

Tis' the truth.

Sportfan
07-23-2011, 03:33 PM
The whole paragraph single handedly makes us the team to vote for

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Weak offense? Really ManRam? We have two guys who can get 20 points a night (Pierce, Evans) and three more guys who can get 13-16 a night (nelson, j.rich, odom) paired with three other guys that can get 8-10 in their minutes (LouWill, Serge, Dalembert). Your team is the one with the weak offense if anything. Lebron will get his 25 but who else is going to score. Odom and Serge will easily outscore KG + Evans. Jameer will outscore Hinrich alone. Dalembert + Birdman will definitely match whatever McGee and Thomas put up. Tyreke will outscore Wesley by at least 5 points. The only clear advantage you have at scoring is Lebron over Pierce. We also have J.rich who can get 15ppg for us and LouWill who had 14ppg in limited minutes.

Edit: Also if Jameer is an average passer than Kirk must be one of the worst passers in the league. Then you say Tyreke wasn't a huge asset to his team. WTH is that? He was the only guy on his team who could friggin' score. He had to play like a star or his team wouldn't win. Without Tyreke the Kings would have won even less games.

Chacarron
07-23-2011, 03:42 PM
I like the Bucks here. :shrug:

RevisIsland
07-23-2011, 03:43 PM
I actually really like that Bucks team. Way more talent than what they started with.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2011, 03:46 PM
I actually really like that Bucks team. Way more talent than what they started with.

Thank you. It means a lot. We started off with a decent team and did our best to make them a playoff threat. Unfortunately your vote will not count at this time since you do not have 100 posts. Thank you for the support though.

ManRam
07-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Weak offense? Really ManRam? We have two guys who can get 20 points a night (Pierce, Evans) and three more guys who can get 13-16 a night (nelson, j.rich, odom) paired with three other guys that can get 8-10 in their minutes (LouWill, Serge, Dalembert). Your team is the one with the weak offense if anything. Lebron will get his 25 but who else is going to score. Odom and Serge will easily outscore KG + Evans. Jameer will outscore Hinrich alone. Dalembert + Birdman will definitely match whatever McGee and Thomas put up. Tyreke will outscore Wesley by at least 5 points. The only clear advantage you have at scoring is Lebron over Pierce. We also have J.rich who can get 15ppg for us and LouWill who had 14ppg in limited minutes.

Edit: Also if Jameer is an average passer than Kirk must be one of the worst passers in the league. Then you say Tyreke wasn't a huge asset to his team. WTH is that? He was the only guy on his team who could friggin' score. He had to play like a star or his team wouldn't win. Without Tyreke the Kings would have won even less games.

I don't think your offense is going to cause problems against us. Our defense is amazing. I think we have the best defensive SF and PF in the game. I think we have a top 5 defensive center. Hinrich has made all-defense teams.

Most of my "your offense is weak" boils down to Evans' poor year. Weak? Maybe not. I think it would look weak against us. Our big men can patrol the paint, and our perimeter defenders can contain the shooters.

I didn't say Hinrich was a good passer. I admitted that he won't do a ton of ball-handling.

I said Evans wasn't an asset to "a" team. When all is said and done, he had 1.7 win shares last year :shrug: Sure, he missed a good chunk of time, but his WS/48 was the 11th highest among any player on the Kings last year. That's not impressive.

I may have used a few words that were a bit stronger than they should have been, but at least half my argument isn't "LeBron sucks, don't vote for him" or "look how many childish names LeBron has been called lately, he must not be a good" :shrug:

I can understand people not voting a team with him in a big series...whatever. He "choked" in the Finals (at least he made it). But if people don't vote for this IMAGINARY team because they don't like him, well, that's pathetic.

Sportfan
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
To clarify, injuries do count. But since Evans is 100 percent healthy now and these are the 2012 playoffs, he is healthy :)
Win

This is actually a tough match-up for the Magic. Milwaukee can lean on Pierce, Evans, and Richardson for a potent dose of offense from the perimeter. LeBron may be a great defender but he can't guard them all at once. Both teams have very strong interior defenses too.

Homecourt advantage, a superior perimeter defense, and LeBron are the difference makers for me. Magic in 6.
Nelson and Odom are also decently talented on offense, and I don't think T-Mac, Wesley or Dunvleavy will do anything

Wesley is a solid role player, Tyreke is a very good #2 option.

Catfish1314
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Most of my "your offense is weak" boils down to Evans' poor year. Weak? Maybe not. I think it would look weak against us. Our big men can patrol the paint, and our perimeter defenders can contain the shooters.

I said Evans wasn't an asset to "a" team. When all is said and done, he had 1.7 win shares last year :shrug: Sure, he missed a good chunk of time, but his WS/48 was the 11th highest among any player on the Kings last year. That's not impressive.

Playing an entire season with plantar fasciitis and no jumpshot in your arsenal to compensate will do that to you. Evans is 100 percent healthy now and these are the 2012 mock playoffs.

The Magic win this series, but Evans really has nothing to do with why the Bucks lose.

Sportfan
07-23-2011, 03:52 PM
I agree, get more posts though!

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't think your offense is going to cause problems against us. Our defense is amazing. I think we have the best defensive SF and PF in the game. I think we have a top 5 defensive center. Hinrich has made all-defense teams.

I didn't say Hinrich was a good passer. I admitted that he won't do a ton of ball-handling.

I may have used a few words that were a bit stronger than they should have been, but at least half my argument isn't "LeBron sucks, don't vote for him" or "look how many childish names LeBron has been called lately, he must not be a good" :shrug:

I can understand people not voting a team with him in a big series...whatever. He "choked" in the Finals (at least he made it). But if people don't vote for this IMAGINARY team because they don't like him, well, that's pathetic.

First of all we were just kidding about the Lebron thing. As you can tell from my username I am a Heat fan and a pretty big Lebron fan. Secondly I could say the same thing about your offense. I don't see KG scoring that much on Serge Ibaka. Also his great post defense won't be shown when he is guarding Odom for 30 minutes per game. We will also be playing Serge for 10-12 minutes at center. With his jumpshot he will bring McGee out of the pain leaving it open for Tyreke to get by Wesley or Odom to get by KG. Also I feel we have a top defensive center as well in Dalembert who can get blocks and rebound. Pierce may not be as athletic as Lebron on defense but he is still pretty good. Tyreke Evans is an underrated defender and stronger than most SG he faces. TBH if Lebron doesn't get 25 points a night your team won't win. KG doesn't have the strength, speed, or stamina he used to and as a result he can't be relied on as a consistent number 2 option.

Ebbs
07-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Don't know why MWC thinks he can write Pierce in for 20 a game when playing LeBron with a weaker defensive cast in the post season he is only averaged 17.5 ppg.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=piercpa01

Also Tyreke hasn't even made the playoffs so it seems sort of unlikely you can guarantee him scoring 20+ since his best year was 20.1 PPG in 37 minutes.

ManRam
07-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Playing an entire season with plantar fasciitis and no jumpshot in your arsenal to compensate will do that to you. Evans is 100 percent healthy now and these are the 2012 mock playoffs.

The Magic win this series, but Evans really has nothing to do with why the Bucks lose.

Fair enough. Either way, I don't think Evans v Matthews is a huge advantage for them.

And yes, MWC, our offense isn't other-worldly either, but our defense is. KG did show that if he needs to score, he still can. He took under 12 shots a game last year. That's not a whole lot. He'd get a few more on this team. He was more efficient this past season scoring than he has been for most his career (way above his career averages for eFG% and TS%). I still think Ibaka is a better help defender than man-defender. Even if we can't score a ton down low, I don't think you guys will be able to score at all down low.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Don't know why MWC thinks he can write Pierce in for 20 a game when playing LeBron with a weaker defensive cast in the post season he is only averaged 17.5 ppg.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=piercpa01

Also Tyreke hasn't even made the playoffs so it seems sort of unlikely you can guarantee him scoring 20+ since his best year was 20.1 PPG in 37 minutes.

18-20 pts for Pierce and Tyreke each is very reasonable. Also Tyreke has played with terrible players for his first two years. On the Bucks he will still get the ball as much however with betters players to help him out he can be more efficient. We have a good 3 pt shooter in Jameer, Tyreke can get to the hoop, Pierce can hit that mid-range jumper and still get to the hoop at times, Serge has a solid mid-range jumper, and Dalembert can crash the boards. Not to mention we have another player who can get to the hoop off the bench in LouWill, another 3ball shooter in J.rich, and a very good slasher in Odom. We have enough offensive weapons to keep the scoring going and a very good defensive players in Pierce, Moute, Serge, Dalembert, and Birdman to protect the paint.

Sportfan
07-23-2011, 04:00 PM

frontcourt defense is great no question about that. But the backcourt isn't that great. Our scoring is coming from the point and wings. Lebron's a great defender, but Pierce will score on him regardless. There's no way in hell Tracy McGrady Mike Dunleavy Kirk Hinrich Wesley Matthews Luke Rdnour and Sasha (actually nvm, he makes the defense!) are amazing defenders. Kirk is the only one who might be slightly above average. His DWS and DRTG have been low though, so he's not going to hurt me much. Lebron isn't stopping the entire Bucks team. I like our ability to score

ManRam
07-23-2011, 04:07 PM
frontcourt defense is great no question about that. But the backcourt isn't that great. Our scoring is coming from the point and wings. Lebron's a great defender, but Pierce will score on him regardless. There's no way in hell Tracy McGrady Mike Dunleavy Kirk Hinrich Wesley Matthews Luke Rdnour and Sasha (actually nvm, he makes the defense!) are amazing defenders. Kirk is the only one who might be slightly above average. His DWS and DRTG have been low though, so he's not going to hurt me much. Lebron isn't stopping the entire Bucks team. I like our ability to score

For their careers, LeBron holds Pierce to 22.3 points on 41.2% shooting.

In the playoffs, Pierce has averaged 17.5 points against James shooting 40%.

Pierce scoring on him "regardless" is probably a bit too bold of a statement.

Our bench does not have good defenders, no doubt about it. Never said they were good defenders. They are great shooters though, and that's what we need from them.

But 4 out of 5 of our starters I'd say are elite defenders, that includes Hinrich. You can throw those team-dependent defense stats at me, but he's always been highly regarded as a defender. Matthews is a good defender too. No way is he below average. Suggesting LeBron's defense has to stop "the entire Bucks team" is a funny statement.

Good defenses start from inside out. We have the best inside defense, the rest becomes easier because of that.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2011, 04:11 PM

Our bench does not have good defenders, no doubt about it. Never said they were good defenders. They are great shooters though, and that's what we need from them.

But 4 out of 5 of our starters I'd say are elite defenders, that includes Hinrich. You can throw those team-dependent defense stats at me, but he's always been highly regarded as a defender. Matthews is a good defender too. No way is he below average. Suggesting LeBron's defense has to stop "the entire Bucks team" is a funny statement.

Good defenses start from inside out. We have the best inside defense, the rest becomes easier because of that.

So what will happen when we have Serge at center and Odom at PF? Take McGee out of the lane and leave Odom against KG 1 on 1 off the dribble. Or take Tyreke 1 on 1 with Wesley with an open paint. Or McGee can sit back in the lane and leave Serge for open jumpshots. I'll take those matchups any day of the week.

Ebbs
07-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Yea Kirk had a down year but he was on the Wizards and than the Hawks both were different scenarios. Either way if we are pretending Tyreke can get over the hump of his ****** year last year than why don't we assume Kirk is doing good again since he has been a top PG defender for quite some time.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Yea Kirk had a down year but he was on the Wizards and than the Hawks both were different scenarios. Either way if we are pretending Tyreke can get over the hump of his ****** year last year than why don't we assume Kirk is doing good again since he has been a top PG defender for quite some time.

As Catfish said, "Playing an entire season with plantar fasciitis will do that to you. Evans is 100 percent healthy now and these are the 2012 mock playoffs."
I am not saying Evans will get much better but he will be healthy. A healthy Tyreke Evans is a top 8 SG.

Sportfan
07-23-2011, 04:24 PM

Pierce has a higher TS% than Lebron head to head, Lebron's playoff efficiency isn't that great either.

By amazing defense and able to stop our scorers, i thought you were mplying your defense as a whole my bad. Shooters might not be the right word either.
Ridnour career 3 point %=36%
Dunleavy=36%
McGrady=33%

Not that impressive.

You had no problem throwing around Tyrke's team dependent stats, now it's not right?

And @ebbs, for the past 4 years Kirk has been 10th or worse on his team for defensive rating. His highest DRTG in a season during that time frame was 2.8. His defense has been down for quite some time don't you think, opposed to Tyreke who isn't even close to his prime and was injured for 1 season.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Pierce has a higher TS% than Lebron head to head, Lebron's playoff efficiency isn't that great either.

By amazing defense and able to stop our scorers, i thought you were mplying your defense as a whole my bad. Shooters might not be the right word either.
Ridnour career 3 point %=36%
Dunleavy=36%
McGrady=33%

Not that impressive.

You had no problem throwing around Tyrke's team dependent stats, now it's not right?

And @ebbs, for the past 4 years Kirk has been 10th or worse on his team for defensive rating. His highest DRTG in a season during that time frame was 2.8. His defense has been down for quite some time don't you think, opposed to Tyreke who isn't even close to his prime and was injured for 1 season.

Team stat.

NYKalltheway
07-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Magic, not very easy series though

GhostfaceDrilla
07-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Orlando has LeBron, Garnett and Matthews but have ZERO bench.

Milwaukee has a starting lineup of Jameer Nelson, Tyreke Evans, Paul Pierce, Serge Ibaka and Samuel Dalembert. Their bench has Lou Williams, Jason Richardson and Lamar Odom.

Milwaukee is better but Orlando will win because they have LeBron....

GoPacers33
07-23-2011, 05:34 PM
I went with the Magic cuz Lebron

PDCballa
07-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Why didn't LeBron go to college? Because he couldn't get passed the FINALS!

rapjuicer06
07-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I'll put my two cents in. To say Orlando has no bench is laughable. We have a damn good back up PG who played damn well last year. Dunleavy off the bench living on the 3 point line with everyone worrying about Lebron in the lane kicking the ball out to our shooters, I like those odds. And off the bench we have arguably the best rebounder in the league. Bucks bench is better, but to say we don't have one is a joke. Our starting line up is way better...Nelson was stopped in the playoffs against Hinrich, Evans has never been in the playoffs while Matthews last year played pretty well and also played well the year prior. Evans is a PG, he isn't a great shooter by any means.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Our bench is better at basically every single position. LouWill>Ridnour. J.rich>Dunleavy/T-mac. Odom>Evans. Birdman>Thomas. The only spot you might have an advantage is Dunleavy over Moute but then again Moute would be in the game for defensive purposes whereas Dunleavy is in for his shooting so it is hard to compare the two overall.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2011, 06:56 PM
I personally don't really like the makeup of the Bucks roster. A bunch of 1v1 players, and not alot of playmakers, no inside scoring as well...

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2011, 07:00 PM
I personally don't really like the makeup of the Bucks roster. A bunch of 1v1 players, and not alot of playmakers, no inside scoring as well...

True we don't really have a back to the basket guy who will get big points however neither do the Magic. At this point KG and McGee aren't going to be scoring off the block. KG will get his points off of his mid-range jumper and McGee off of alley oops and rebounds similar to Serge and Dalembert.

AP=MVP
07-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Using the first paragraph of your write up to point out the other team has LeBron is a bad idea

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2011, 07:05 PM
True we don't really have a back to the basket guy who will get big points however neither do the Magic. At this point KG and McGee aren't going to be scoring off the block. KG will get his points off of his mid-range jumper and McGee off of alley oops and rebounds similar to Serge and Dalembert.

But Lebron will live off the line and will create several open jumpshots for all the shooters they have. U guys don't really have anyone that can do that, besides Tyreke somewhat...

Korman12
07-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Orlando's team defense is disgustingly good.

Sportfan
07-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Using the first paragraph of your write up to point out the other team has LeBron is a bad idea
trololololololol

Mr. Baller
07-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Bucks did a real good job, but LeBron doesn't worry about the 1st round :p

Sportfan
07-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Team stat.
exactly, TEAM STAT. so why was he so low on his TEAM?

I went with the Magic cuz Lebron
wtf, that's exactly why you shouldn't vote for them! LeBrick is a choker!

Why didn't LeBron go to college? Because he couldn't get passed the FINALS!
hahahahahahahahahaha good one, you're so funny and this is one of the best jokes i've ever heard go pass the word out to the others you geniusboy!

I'll put my two cents in. To say Orlando has no bench is laughable. We have a damn good back up PG who played damn well last year. Dunleavy off the bench living on the 3 point line with everyone worrying about Lebron in the lane kicking the ball out to our shooters, I like those odds. And off the bench we have arguably the best rebounder in the league. Bucks bench is better, but to say we don't have one is a joke. Our starting line up is way better...Nelson was stopped in the playoffs against Hinrich, Evans has never been in the playoffs while Matthews last year played pretty well and also played well the year prior. Evans is a PG, he isn't a great shooter by any means.
McGee has no playoff experience either, Wesley was a role player in the postseason. My team has 4 championship rings!

Our backcourt beats yours, and your frontcourt beats ours :shrug: Our depth can be a deciding factor pushing us over the top.

Lil Half Dead
07-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Magic easily. They actually look pretty nice right now, I think they favorable matchups.

mightybosstone
07-23-2011, 09:20 PM
That Bucks team is ridiculously deep talent-wise, but they're almost so deep that it hurts them. I'm not sure there's enough minutes to go around for as much talent as they have. Both teams are extremely tough defensively, but the Magic's starting five just has more offensive firepower than the Bucks.

Of all the matchups I've seen, this one might have been the hardest one to vote for, but I take the Magic in seven. I just think their defense would be stifling and I'm not the biggest Tyreke Evans, at all.

jimbobjarree
07-23-2011, 09:39 PM
That Bucks team is ridiculously deep talent-wise, but they're almost so deep that it hurts them. I'm not sure there's enough minutes to go around for as much talent as they have. Both teams are extremely tough defensively, but the Magic's starting five just has more offensive firepower than the Bucks.

exactly my thoughts. They had the assets available to really make a push to win it all, but they didn't know how to use it and sat back on their depth. By the looks of the voting its come back to bite them, a shame because they did such a good job early on in the mock.

Catfish1314
07-23-2011, 09:41 PM
exactly my thoughts. They had the assets available to really make a push to win it all, but they didn't know how to use it and sat back on their depth. By the looks of the voting its come back to bite them, a shame because they did such a good job early on in the mock.

What could they have done? Everybody is so low on Evans right now, he has very little value in these games. Dalembert and Richardson were free agents. The best I think they could have done was like maybe Pierce, Nelson, and Ibaka/Odom for a star wing player. But who would have agreed to that?

PocketKings
07-23-2011, 09:45 PM
What could they have done? Everybody is so low on Evans right now, he has very little value in these games. Dalembert and Richardson were free agents. The best I think they could have done was like maybe Pierce, Nelson, and Ibaka/Odom for a star wing player. But who would have agreed to that?

Yeah, by the time I think they started to actually engage in trade talks again a lot of the contenders with the star players were pretty content unless you self-willingly overly paid for them.

The Bucks did an incredible job and the crazy part is I think they made all their big moves within the first few days of the mock.

Sportfan
07-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Had camp for 3 weeks from late june-mid july so i tried making all the moves i could early on.....just wasn't active enough to pull something big down since it takes too much time to make a trade these days with people being so stubborn.....didn't help that the one trade that I did make later on (3 way, would have been Nash/T. Allen/Pierce/J-Smoove/Dalembert w/ J Rich off the bench) got ****ed up cause of salaries....damn cap rule :(

jimbobjarree
07-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Jrich is a capable starting 2, they could have packaged tyreke with someone else and maybe another one of their bench players for an upgrade somewhere. Theres always a deal if you try hard enough to find it, they could have wheeled and dealed and slowly improved. I dunno, I just feel the roster has a lot of value and potential, but as is isn't good enough. Just my opinion, and I commend the Bucks GMs, they did a great job.

jimbobjarree
07-23-2011, 09:47 PM
ahh just read sportfan, thats fair enough I guess. Impressive job with the bucks though.

ManRam
07-23-2011, 09:47 PM
I'll even admit that I sold Evans lower than he should have been. I loved the kid his rookie year, and I still do. It was just too easy to use his stats from last year against him. Yes, he was injured all year, but even so, he stunk. I think he'll still be a superstar and a half, but I couldn't act like that here. I had to go for the kill. 1.7 win shares was too easy of a stat to use against him.

I think the Bucks maximized their active roster more than just about any other team in the re-draft, besides maybe Golden State. They did a wonderful job.

Depth traditionally doesn't mean a ton in the playoffs, but recently it has gained steam. A lot of teams have run with 7-8 man rotations in the playoffs. The Mavs are a team that is looking to bust up that idea. Depth matters a ton, but I will agree that this Bucks team could have cut down on some of it. A 2-for-1 deal might have done them wonders.

But I applaud my competitors. They did a great job this re-draft :clap: We had it easy because we got LeBron. They didn't get it easy.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Jrich is a capable starting 2, they could have packaged tyreke with someone else and maybe another one of their bench players for an upgrade somewhere. Theres always a deal if you try hard enough to find it, they could have wheeled and dealed and slowly improved. I dunno, I just feel the roster has a lot of value and potential, but as is isn't good enough. Just my opinion, and I commend the Bucks GMs, they did a great job.

I thought they coulda gotten a wicked PF, PG, or C with a Ibaka/Reke or Odom/Reke package.

PocketKings
07-23-2011, 09:55 PM
I thought they coulda gotten a wicked PF, PG, or C with a Ibaka/Reke or Odom/Reke package.

I think in the beginning when they went into wheeling-and-dealing mode to get their roster to where it essentially is that they really could've dealt for a stud PG or PF but after the series of moves they did, they slowed down and really didn't pursue it till it was too late and a lot of the contenders were "set."

jimbobjarree
07-23-2011, 09:57 PM
but we made the dirk trade very late in the day. Theres still deals to be had late in the game.

Sportfan
07-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Pretty much....now that I think about it, I should have just held back on the Pierce deal and make a play for Lebron/Wade.....would have had the perfect role players to complement them in Jameer/Tyreke/Harden/Odom/Ibaka/Perkins etc.....and that trade would absolutely kill my bench, plus Kobe/Lebron/Wade/Durant are the only wings worth that package and 2 of them aren't tradeable.

I'll even admit that I sold Evans lower than he should have been. I loved the kid his rookie year, and I still do. It was just too easy to use his stats from last year against him. Yes, he was injured all year, but even so, he stunk. I think he'll still be a superstar and a half, but I couldn't act like that here. I had to go for the kill. 1.7 win shares was too easy of a stat to use against him.

I think the Bucks maximized their active roster more than just about any other team in the re-draft, besides maybe Golden State. They did a wonderful job.

Depth traditionally doesn't mean a ton in the playoffs, but recently it has gained steam. A lot of teams have run with 7-8 man rotations in the playoffs. The Mavs are a team that is looking to bust up that idea. Depth matters a ton, but I will agree that this Bucks team could have cut down on some of it. A 2-for-1 deal might have done them wonders.

But I applaud my competitors. They did a great job this re-draft :clap: We had it easy because we got LeBron. They didn't get it easy.
Yea I understood, I used it to my own advantage too, got the Kings to send me Tyreke for a cheaper price after I showed him his terrible advanced stats so it worked out for me too :laugh2:

We aren't in a redraft silly goose :p But thanks though, my goal from the beginning was to just make the Bucks a playoff team and I'm glad I accomplished that. Upgraded every position except center! And IMO the Bobcats used their roster even better than I did.

1. I would have gone over the cap getting a stud for Ibaka/Reke....their price is what made them so valuable to me. Plus I made a play to get KG/Boozer/Randolph for the Odom package and they didn't bite.

ahh just read sportfan, thats fair enough I guess. Impressive job with the bucks though.
thanks

Yeah, by the time I think they started to actually engage in trade talks again a lot of the contenders with the star players were pretty content unless you self-willingly overly paid for them.

The Bucks did an incredible job and the crazy part is I think they made all their big moves within the first few days of the mock.
That's the thing though, you can't get a trade without really pushing the other team unless you overpay, and that's just not possible when the only way to connect to PSD for 3 weeks is by phone. Big names were already traded, rebuilding teams got rid of their vets, just can't be done. Plus we had cap problems when we accidentally resigned Moute lol...
Yea, we did lol. Thanks

Might be my last NBA mock, just can't keep up with all of this at this time of the year with my July plans and everything...it was a good run though, hopefully we get a mock trade deadline next year!
Good luck to the magic against the Bulls

PatsSoxKnicks
07-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Despite Lebron, I actually don't think this Magic team is that much different from the teams Lebron played with in Cleveland. KG is obviously a MUCH better defender then anyone the Cavs ever had but offensively, he's slowed down. McGee also provides some great defense and athleticism. But despite what I believe isn't that strong of a cast around Lebron offensively, the Bucks are very meh on offense too. Pierce has got a very tough matchup and going up against Lebron will be "hard scoring" for him. Nice frontline with Ibaka, Dalembert and Odom but not much scoring and Odom is way too inconsistent to really stay in attack mode for a full series. So I ultimately went with the Magic.

Definitely a defensive series.

PS- Whoever did the Bucks write up did a great job haha. I honestly thought that first paragraph would win it for them (with the amount of Lebron hate).

MiamiWadeCounty
07-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Despite Lebron, I actually don't think this Magic team is that much different from the teams Lebron played with in Cleveland. KG is obviously a MUCH better defender then anyone the Cavs ever had but offensively, he's slowed down. McGee also provides some great defense and athleticism. But despite what I believe isn't that strong of a cast around Lebron offensively, the Bucks are very meh on offense too. Pierce has got a very tough matchup and going up against Lebron will be "hard scoring" for him. Nice frontline with Ibaka, Dalembert and Odom but not much scoring and Odom is way too inconsistent to really stay in attack mode for a full series. So I ultimately went with the Magic.

PS- Whoever did the Bucks write up did a great job haha. I honestly thought that first paragraph would win it for them (with the amount of Lebron hate).
:sigh: So did I. I guess the haters are out clubbing on Saturdays :(.

rapjuicer06
07-24-2011, 12:50 AM

Lebron is surrounded by players that compliment him very well. Hinrich is a good three point shooter, as well as Matthews. KG still has that stellar mid range j and McGee is a damn good finisher at the rim. With Lebron's scoring ability and passing ability, he is surrounded by incredible shooting. Going off of last year we have 5 players on this team that shot over 40% from three. That's incredible. To go with the three point shooting abilities, we have arguably the best defense in this mock. Lebron is one of the best defenders for the SF spot in the league, KG is the best defending PF and McGee is top 3-5 defending centers and arguably the top shot blocker in the NBA. Ridnour/Dunleavy/Evans off the bench is great for us. You have a PG who shot well last year, can get you solid playing time and score for ya, but is a great pick and roll PG. Dunleavy is a damn good shooter off the bench and Evans is arguably the best rebounder in the game. 11 some odd rebounds in the limited time he saw? Can you say extra possessions? and with this team, I don't think you want to give them extra chances

Sportfan
07-24-2011, 01:17 AM

thank you very much :bow:...****, the one time the noobs and homers could have been helpful and they leave me out hanging in the dry :pity:

PatsSoxKnicks
07-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Lebron is surrounded by players that compliment him very well. Hinrich is a good three point shooter, as well as Matthews. KG still has that stellar mid range j and McGee is a damn good finisher at the rim. With Lebron's scoring ability and passing ability, he is surrounded by incredible shooting. Going off of last year we have 5 players on this team that shot over 40% from three. That's incredible. To go with the three point shooting abilities, we have arguably the best defense in this mock. Lebron is one of the best defenders for the SF spot in the league, KG is the best defending PF and McGee is top 3-5 defending centers and arguably the top shot blocker in the NBA. Ridnour/Dunleavy/Evans off the bench is great for us. You have a PG who shot well last year, can get you solid playing time and score for ya, but is a great pick and roll PG. Dunleavy is a damn good shooter off the bench and Evans is arguably the best rebounder in the game. 11 some odd rebounds in the limited time he saw? Can you say extra possessions? and with this team, I don't think you want to give them extra chances

He was surrounded by good shooters in Cleveland too. From an offensive standpoint, I don't think they're that different, which is fine considering the elite defensive talent you have. KG + Lebron = Winning on defense lol. Throw in McGee and I'm :drool: at that defense.

thank you very much :bow:...****, the one time the noobs and homers could have been helpful and they leave me out hanging in the dry :pity:

:laugh2: But seriously, I'm honestly surprised you didn't get more votes with that first paragraph. Perhaps the haters don't bother to vote on these types of polls.