PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Off-season Playoff Matchup #2) Chicago Bulls vs. #7) Philadelphia 76ers

KnicksorBust
07-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the NBA Mock Off-season Playoff voting. Every summer, between 50-65 PSD users participate in a game where each GM takes on the challenge of running the off-season for an NBA team. Those GM's are free to make trades, signings, pick up team option on players, conduct the draft etc as ways to help better improve their team. What we have here is the results of those GM's hard-work as we have now reached the playoffs.

Keep in mind when voting that teams have changed dramatically through the mock and many teams are operating with completely new starting line ups. So please take the time to look at the teams closely (depth chart and write up) before voting. Try to avoid being a homer and vote simply on who is the better team in the match up.

2) Chicago Bulls vs. 7) Philadelphia 76ers

Bulls have Homecourt Advantage!

Chicago Bulls Depth Chart - Player (Minutes Per Game):
PG: Derrick Rose (38) - Rodney Stuckey (10)
SG: John Salmons (8) - Jason Terry (32) - Rodney Stuckey (8)
SF: Danny Granger (36) - John Salmons (12)
PF: Carlos Boozer (32) - DeJuan Blair (16)
C: Joakim Noah (34) - Ben Wallace (10) - DeJuan Blair (4)

76ers Depth Chart
PG: Jrue / Blake
SG: Battier / Gordon / Delfino / Hopson
SF: Beasley / Artest / Delfino
PF: Brand / Varejao / Beasley
C: Lopez / Biedrins / Kwame

BullsWriteup:
Starting 5's:
Chicago: Rose - Salmons - Granger - Boozer - Noah
vs.
Philadelphia: Holiday - Battier - Beasley - Brand - Lopez

We fell we have the better 1st and 2nd options in the starting lineups. We have good team defense and have players who compliment each other. Finally got Granger who can take the ball out of Rose's hands and give somebody else who can create. We feel that Granger will start playing better defense under Coach Thibs, just as Derrick Rose did.

Now onto our opposition, the 76ers. They have good compliments and have a nice starting 5. The only problem we think the 76ers hav e is no TRUE #1 options on their team. They have Beasley and Lopez, but they were 2nd options on the worst teams in the league.

Edge: Chicago Bulls

Benches:
Chicago: R. Stuckey - J. Terry - (J. Salmons) - D. Blair - B. Wallace
vs.
Philadelphia: S. Blake - B. Gordon - R. Artest - A. Varejao - A. Biedrins

We are going to run a 9-man rotation with Salmons being the main back-up SF. We feel we are very versatile and can put out many different lineups. We have a top 10 SG off the bench who will be getting the majority off the minutes. We have a good mix of offense and defense, and youth and veterans.

The 76ers have a nice bench with big names, though Blake, Artest, Gordon, and Biedrins all had down years last year, and Varejao was injured most of the year. They have a great mix of offense and defense and have great post defense.

Edge: Wash

Overall:
We feel that we have a better overall team. We have great 1st, 2nd, and 3rd options. We finally obtained other playmakers around DRose who are good shooters. We feel there is no way to stop Rose - Terry - Granger - Boozer - Noah in crunch time. Just too many weapons to stop.

The 76ers will provide a BIG 1st round challenge for us because they have an unbelievable mix of offense and defense. They only have 1 problem, no true #1 option. We feel in the end, that is the biggest difference. We have the better #1, 2, and 3 options.

Edge: Chicago Bulls[/QUOTE]

The 76ers did not send in a writeup.

PocketKings
07-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Disappointed that the 76ers didn't send in a write-up... :\

RevisIsland
07-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I love that Bulls team. Perfect mix of offense and defense, and they have some depth.

Catfish1314
07-23-2011, 03:14 PM
The strength of that Sixers team is depth and the Bulls may have even better depth than they do. Bulls have too much firepower, a superior defense, and homecourt advantage.

I'm pretty sure their center is Brook Lopez though.

greg_ory_2005
07-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Bulls just have too much.

sep11ie
07-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't think that 6ers team is good at all.

Bulls sweep and my pick to win it all right now.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Bulls. And how did that 76ers team even get into the playoffs?

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Bulls would sweep.

homestarunner93
07-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Disappointed that the 76ers didn't send in a write-up... :\

Why would I waste my time when I clearly am not going to win the matchup?

KnicksorBust
07-24-2011, 01:52 PM
35-0. Ouch.

tredigs
07-24-2011, 01:55 PM
7 seed? That sixers squad would win 13-18 games. Hate to see the non-playoff teams.

mightybosstone
07-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah, as good as the Bulls team is, looking at Philly, it's pretty clear how much better the West is than the East.

knicks=love
07-24-2011, 02:20 PM
i actually like the bulls team. even though they would try to rape you for everything you had in any trade, they made this team better in my opinion. terry and granger stick out to me more than anything and i love those additions.