PDA

View Full Version : late game situation for memphis...

EaglePride615
07-23-2011, 12:06 AM
i posted this in the grizzlies section but they dont really post there so im going to post it here and hope it doesnt get moved.

ok lets assume that they keep rudy gay and zbo. who gets the ball for the game winning shot?

i have to go with zbo after what he showed in the playoffs.

RevisIsland
07-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Zbo's the franchise player now, I think they should try to trade Gay for Iggy, that'd be a hell of a defensive team.

sventhedog
07-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Zbo's the franchise player now, I think they should try to trade Gay for Iggy, that'd be a hell of a defensive team.

that'd be a hell of a dumb trade. i'm sure you can get iggy's defense from someone else cheaper. the only reason a team would trade for iggy is if the sixers accept a bad contract.

North Yorker
07-23-2011, 08:26 AM
NO NOT THIS GUYYY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg)

even as a Raps fan, this was hilarious :laugh2:

GoPacers33
07-23-2011, 09:08 AM
RudyGay

gwrighter
07-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Rudy Gay obviously. Zbo would be double teamed in the post/high post.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2011, 10:15 AM
conley, or marc gasol.

zbo and gay will be double teamed wich mean one of those two is going to be free of mark.

but....oh i forgot.....this is not fiba its nba and coaches are never wise enough to do any of this ...they have to catter to star system and tv and hype up "stars" with the clutch replay in tv.

so my answer is: Whoever is selling more jerseys.

blastmasta26
07-23-2011, 10:36 AM
that'd be a hell of a dumb trade. i'm sure you can get iggy's defense from someone else cheaper. the only reason a team would trade for iggy is if the sixers accept a bad contract.
Not really, Iggy's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. He's also a top 2 passing forward, his contract is not that bad when you see how valuable a player he is.

IndyRealist
07-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Not really, Iggy's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. He's also a top 2 passing forward, his contract is not that bad when you see how valuable a player he is.

There's a decided lack of players with defensive skill in the NBA, let alone the level of Igoudala. Jump shooters are a dime a dozen. Plus Rudy Gay's contract is ridiculous, so this trade should be a no-brainer.

On the OP, Mike Conley should take the shot. Randolph will definitely be doubled, and Gay will have the best perimeter defender on him. PG's are generally the worst defenders in the NBA, and Conley will get by his guy 4 times out of 5. Now if he shoots or draws a double to get someone else open, that's dictated by the defense. But the ball should be in Conley's hands.

EaglePride615
07-23-2011, 09:44 PM
conley, or marc gasol.

zbo and gay will be double teamed wich mean one of those two is going to be free of mark.

but....oh i forgot.....this is not fiba its nba and coaches are never wise enough to do any of this ...they have to catter to star system and tv and hype up "stars" with the clutch replay in tv.

whoever is selling more jerseys. cmon im a heat fan and lebron sold more jerseys, but i want wade taking the shot 100% of the time, unless lebrons game has completely changed.

and considering on game winning shots the "clutch" guy from the recent era, being kobe, is shooting well under 50%.

http://www.82games.com/1011/10LAL5.HTM

id much rather have my best defender guarding their best guy instead of leaving someone wide *** open. that makes zero sense.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2011, 10:43 PM
whoever is selling more jerseys. cmon im a heat fan and lebron sold more jerseys, but i want wade taking the shot 100% of the time, unless lebrons game has completely changed.

and considering on game winning shots the "clutch" guy from the recent era, being kobe, is shooting well under 50%.

http://www.82games.com/1011/10LAL5.HTM

id much rather have my best defender guarding their best guy instead of leaving someone wide *** open. that makes zero sense.

it was a n ironic remark

NetsPaint
07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
NO NOT THIS GUYYY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg)

even as a Raps fan, this was hilarious :laugh2:
That's great:laugh2:.

LosDoyers1
07-24-2011, 03:10 AM

Yeah, Tony Allen and Igoudala would make a great tandem defensively, but Gay at least stretches the floor offensively.

If you're going to get Allen/Igoudala, Memphis better switch to a more up tempo offense...

MrfadeawayJB
07-24-2011, 04:56 PM
As a grizz fan this is a tough decision. Assuming each player is guarded 1 on 1, i would go with Gay. He is one of the few players in this league who's jumpshot is unblockable. Z-BO is a slim 2nd option, but only because he settles for too many jumpers imo

LTBaByyy
07-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Rudy and its a no brainer

Before he got hurt he was sooooooo clutch for the Grizzlies with Randolph looking for rebounds

smith&wesson
07-24-2011, 05:45 PM
1a
1b

mzgrizz
07-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Have to go with Rudy
He's way too clutch in those situations

Punk
07-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Rudy Gay easily.

Randolph will not and cannot always be the first option. Eventually teams will find ways to defend him and Gasol.

Rudy Gay is still the first option.

AsiandudePH
07-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Either Rudy or Zbo. Depends on who has the best match up.

Trace
07-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Mayo, Rudy or Zbo.

Sly Guy
07-25-2011, 09:58 AM
conley, or marc gasol.

LOL, so true. Funny thing is, coaches seem to understand that fact when playing defense, but offense they're clueless. And we wonder why 'stars' FG% drops 20 points in the final 2 minutes of games.