PDA

View Full Version : How Upset Would Another Laker Championship Personally Make You?

Tony_Starks
07-22-2011, 11:11 PM
I've seen lots of comments about how "they're done," wont get another one anytime soon and how the next best team is going to take over and so forth. Heard the same comments when they lost to Boston. Same comments when they beat Orlando. Actually I've been hearing them since San Antonio and Sacramento were good back in the day.

Anyway it appears that lots of people seriously dislike seeing these guys win so the question is IF it were to happen again, which is totally in the realm of possibility btw, how upset would that make you?

It appears that as far as teams that no one outside of their fan base wants to see win goes it's 1) Miami, and 1b) Lakers.

This is for the honest folks, some of you guys do keep it pretty real about your respect/dislike for Kobe and the Lakers......

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Very only because they would tie the Celtics in overall championships.

Tony_Starks
07-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Very only because they would tie the Celtics in overall championships.

Yes indeed sir!

netsgiantsyanks
07-22-2011, 11:22 PM
i personally dont care, why would i be upset?

asandhu23
07-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Lakers fans need to learn to suffer like fans of losing teams and feel the joy the losing teams' fans feel when their teams win.

Sadds The Gr8
07-22-2011, 11:25 PM
As long as Miami doesn't win I'm happy. And this is coming from a big time Laker hater.

IndyRealist
07-22-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't think anyone believes they're done unless Kobe retires or they trade Gasol for Darko Milicic. I really wouldn't mind if they got one more. It's hard to hate on someone when they're chasing history.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-22-2011, 11:33 PM
I will also hate it when Kobe GOAT threads would be made in this forum if they win.

DenButsu
07-22-2011, 11:33 PM
This is really a thread?

lakers4sho
07-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Haters gonna hate man, just saying.

Daze9900
07-22-2011, 11:41 PM
As long as Miami doesn't win I'm happy. And this is coming from a big time Laker hater.

this.

mark1125
07-22-2011, 11:44 PM

A) Anyone but the Heat is OK by me. My team sucks right now so I don't have a horse in the race.

B) Wouldn't mind seeing the Lakers win without Phil.

Avenged
07-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Not upset at all. ;) :p

It would make it even sweeter than the 2 most recent ones since a lot more people (on PSD) are writing them off.

CB29
07-22-2011, 11:58 PM
not much at all... but i liked the underdog like dallas this year... honestly we need more rivalries in basketball, i mean the only legit one is lakers/celts... i want a couple of sick teams that haven't won anything to make a lasting rivalry in the finals... don't need that detroit/sa slow basketball... want some up tempo stuff...

RevisIsland
07-23-2011, 12:00 AM
As far as I'm concerned the Lakers can win 10 more titles as long as the Heat don't get one. It's us against them in my mind. Call me a hater (I really am one) but I just don't wanna see those guys win. I at least feel like Kobe and co deserve it.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2011, 12:01 AM
could care less. I would obviously root against them every game they play, but in the end, it doesn't effect my life in the slightest if they win another 40 championships

YourTeamSucks
07-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Idc cause their not gonna win

LionsFan..LOL
07-23-2011, 12:13 AM
My team isn't gonna be in the finals so I don't really give a **** who wins.

NYKnicksAllDay
07-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Well at first I was gonna say I wouldn't care if they would, but come to think of it, I hate seeing any other team win a championship than the team I root for, in any sport.

Kashmir13579
07-23-2011, 03:28 AM
I wouldn't care that much. I certainly wouldn't be upset if they beat The Heat.

Ebbs
07-23-2011, 03:42 AM
Rather have the Heat win.

Catfish1314
07-23-2011, 03:46 AM
Like most people, I'm not fond of the Lakers. But I don't really care who wins the championship if it's not my team. I'm only upset when my team doesn't win the championship.

shep33
07-23-2011, 03:51 AM
I understand why people don't like the Lakers though. Really since 1980 the Lakers have dominated the NBA, and it really hasn't even been close. People want change, which is understandable

Some great franchises over that run include:
-Boston with 4 ships
-Bulls 6 ships
-Spurs with 4

The Lakers have 10 ships, and have been to the Finals 16 times.

That's pretty ridiculous if you think about it. That means that LA since 1980 has been in half of the NBA Finals.

naps
07-23-2011, 04:31 AM
I would be upset only because an overrated Kobe (by kobe homers, not true lakers fans) will be even more overrated and tons of "Is Kobe the GOAT" threads will pop up here on psd. I really like psd and won't feel like reading/posting here because those possible threads.

tredigs
07-23-2011, 04:48 AM
WELL it's not like I'd kill a baby or something!

But I would definitely run over a small child.

MTar786
07-23-2011, 07:20 AM
not much at all... but i liked the underdog like dallas this year... honestly we need more rivalries in basketball, i mean the only legit one is lakers/celts... i want a couple of sick teams that haven't won anything to make a lasting rivalry in the finals... don't need that detroit/sa slow basketball... want some up tempo stuff...

dallas/miami has now become a rivalry.
Both teams beat eachother in elimination contests and that is when a rivalry is born.

But if you meant there will never be a better rivalry than boston/LA then yes, you are correct :)

sventhedog
07-23-2011, 08:06 AM
if you hate kobe and love lebron. you probably prefer choking over championship rings.

who the hell hates winners?

PHX2daDEATH
07-23-2011, 09:07 AM
id be more mad if San Antonio won another one..they wont be winning anymore with that roster they have now thats for sure./...

JordansBulls
07-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Why would anyone pull for the Lakers to win unless you are a Lakers fan? I mean you have at least half the teams in the NBA who haven't even made the finals yet, yet alone won a title. Which is a reason I was cool with Dallas winning it last year or Miami in 2006.

KnicksorBust
07-23-2011, 09:34 AM
If the Knicks are out then it wouldn't make me upset at all. I like to watch history. If Kobe can have a vintage season and lead the Lakers to another title that would make us all re-question his place in history. Give Kobe a 6th ring and another Finals MVP and his All-Time ranking gets really interesting.

SteBO
07-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Couldn't care less to be honest with you. As long as it isn't at the expense of my team, I'm okay. Most people would be happy with that scenario because people are petty and already have their heels dug in the sand, but whatever. The Lakers have had so much success, so it actually makes me fond of them as opposed to disliking them.

NYtilIdie
07-23-2011, 09:49 AM
I'd probably kill Mane right after.

jimbobjarree
07-23-2011, 10:00 AM
not ****ed at all

LakersIn5
07-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Lakers fans need to learn to suffer like fans of losing teams and feel the joy the losing teams' fans feel when their teams win.

but why?

blastmasta26
07-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Do I like the Lakers? No. But I don't really dislike them either. People are far too quick to label people as haters just because they doubt a certain team or player from performing as well as some people project. A Lakers title would only upset me if they beat a team that I like in the Finals.

Dade County
07-23-2011, 10:28 AM
It appears that as far as teams that no one outside of their fan base wants to see win goes it's 1) Miami, and 1b) Lakers.

What's wrong with you people?!

Why have you hoped on the hating is cool bandwagon?!!

Everyone that thinks this way, should be hating on their Owners & the Gm's that run their organization.

Sad *** people ..... smh

knicks4life33
07-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Not upset at all . Each fan should worry about there own team winning unless they have money on the game lol

king4day
07-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Why would ANYONE want to see a team that's won over a dozen championships....win another?
It's like the Yankees. No one wants to see them win cuz they've won enough. I don't blame them.
The Heat are going to be in their shoes soon enough. Boston hadn't won it in forever which is why I didn't care that they won. Plus they had a bunch of guys that never won before.
But LA has no guy you want to see get a ring. They've been to the finals more than half the decade of the 2000's.

king4day
07-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Everyone that thinks this way, should be hating on their Owners & the Gm's that run their organization.

Sad *** people ..... smh

To be fair, no owner or GM could have changed last year. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh decided Miami on their own.

This is why we have the lockout. Because it's nearly impossible to lure a top star agent to Charlotte or Milwaukee. If you do, it's because you severely overpaid (Joe Johnson).

SteBO
07-23-2011, 11:08 AM
To be fair, no owner or GM could have changed last year. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh decided Miami on their own.

This is why we have the lockout. Because it's nearly impossible to lure a top star agent to Charlotte or Milwaukee. If you do, it's because you severely overpaid (Joe Johnson).
If owners are hoping that this lockout or any hard cap is going to change that, then this lockout as a whole is a complete waste of time, because it won't change anything. Can CHA or MIL attract top star FA's? No, but like you said the owners or GM's can't change that. This is why you have to be able to draft correctly, and make smart trades. It's a matter of making better business decisions.

sep11ie
07-23-2011, 11:26 AM
WOW, awesome thread!

NYM-RMCF-DM
07-23-2011, 11:35 AM
I've seen lots of comments about how "they're done," wont get another one anytime soon and how the next best team is going to take over and so forth. Heard the same comments when they lost to Boston. Same comments when they beat Orlando. Actually I've been hearing them since San Antonio and Sacramento were good back in the day.

Anyway it appears that lots of people seriously dislike seeing these guys win so the question is IF it were to happen again, which is totally in the realm of possibility btw, how upset would that make you?

This is for the honest folks, some of you guys do keep it pretty real about your respect/dislike for Kobe and the Lakers......

From what I've been reading in this Thread, the name for it should've been ''How upset would another Miami Heat Championship personally make you?''

Slimsim
07-23-2011, 11:48 AM
I rather see the heats win than the LAkers. that goes for Boston and Chicago as well

nickdymez
07-23-2011, 12:20 PM
if you hate kobe and love lebron. you probably prefer choking over championship rings.

who the hell hates winners?

Thats pretty much what it comes down to.. If you choke, it doesn't matter because your advanced stats say you won.... lmfao.. Or if you choke, its a Team thing.. Even though you play on a team with two All-Stars, one of which is a top three player in the league... Its ok though, Advanced stats.

nickdymez
07-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Why would ANYONE want to see a team that's won over a dozen championships....win another?
It's like the Yankees. No one wants to see them win cuz they've won enough. I don't blame them.
The Heat are going to be in their shoes soon enough. Boston hadn't won it in forever which is why I didn't care that they won. Plus they had a bunch of guys that never won before.
But LA has no guy you want to see get a ring. They've been to the finals more than half the decade of the 2000's.

Im a Dodger fan and i dont mind seeing the Yankees win...

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2011, 12:37 PM

Sad *** people ..... smh

yea, I jumped on a hating bandwagon because I wanna be a cool person:rolleyes::facepalm:

kjoke
07-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Only upset because my team wouldnt have won it then. So id be as upset as if any of the other 29 teams won it.

krazylegz
07-23-2011, 12:38 PM
boston and l.a. can win for the next 20 years...just as long as miami doesnt win one

smith&wesson
07-23-2011, 12:41 PM
id love for kobe to win 2 more rings. i dont really care if the lakers win or lose. I just wanna see kobe win at least 6..

mttwlsn16
07-23-2011, 12:43 PM
**** the fakers

GREATNESS ONE
07-23-2011, 01:01 PM

We do, In football:laugh2:

The Lakers have had some droughts. One thing is for sure there's a lot of die hard fans here but plenty of front-runners of course when they're winning.

1 thing is for sure as long as the Mamba suits up in the Purple and Gold we'll always have a shot at the title. So whether they do pull off another Magic trick and win 1-3 more Championships or if they lose for the next 10years. I'll always bleed Purple and Gold.

GREATNESS ONE
07-23-2011, 01:02 PM
boston and l.a. can win for the next 20 years...just as long as miami doesnt win one

:clap:

Slug3
07-23-2011, 01:11 PM
I think instead of finding out how upset fans would be if the Lakers won, we have started to see how upset they would be if Miami won, lol.

KingsPhillies
07-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Well, since this thread is obviously asking for personal bias, I don't have a problem stating that I die a little inside every time the Lakers win a Championship. I have always hated the Lakers, and I always will. Furthermore, I'm tired of there being little-to-no parity in the NBA. The league has an obvious bias towards the large market teams, and the Lakers have typically benefited the most from that. Same goes for the Celtics. I wouldn't watch a single second of a Lakers-Celtics Finals. I don't "hate" the Celtics as I do the Lakers, but I have no desire to see them win either. But that's just one man's opinion.

PacersForLife
07-23-2011, 01:41 PM

I'm happy if neither wins, I would actually rather see the Heat win than the Lakers. It just gives Lakers fans another reason to be Lakers fans...

TO Rapz
07-23-2011, 02:17 PM
As long as my teams not in the finals (which is almost a guarantee for the next few years at the very least), and the Heat dont win, i could care less who wins.

THE GIPPER
07-23-2011, 02:24 PM
I want new teams to win like dallas winning was great for the league imo

juno10
07-23-2011, 02:29 PM
id be disappointed , these guys win almost every time they had like one losing season in forever and have had the greatest players play for them. id personally be happy if they go through a few seasons of losing.

SportsFanatic10
07-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Only upset because my team wouldnt have won it then. So id be as upset as if any of the other 29 teams won it.

this....although hearing the kobe fans say in every arguement "well kobe has 6 rings" would be even more annoying.

Tony_Starks
07-23-2011, 05:21 PM
I really don't understand the "they win too much, let somebody else win" angle. If every team ran their franchise great then that would be valid but if you have one franchise that has been run great for decades and others thats management consistently screw up for years how can you expect the screwer uppers to win championships? You say you want parity but realistically will Torronto, Indianna, or Sacramento win big anytime soon? Of course not, and deservedly so.

Like with Miami, why would I be mad that they went out and got the best players they could get? Last I checked that's what a Gms JOB is! If they win it all more power to them and props to Pat Riley......

Tree Rollins
07-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't care what anyone says, Kobe Bryant is one of the hardest working players to ever play in the league. He has a horrible personality though and comes off as a douche a lot of times, so a lot of people don't like him. Part of the reason Jordan is so loved is b/c he was such a cool guy. If he was an arrogant ***, would people be so quick to argue and defend him? If Kobe had the personality of a Michael Jordan, he would be considered an undisputed top 5 all-time player. Instead, he has so many haters that no matter what he does, there will always be people looking for every reason to chop him down.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't care what anyone says, Kobe Bryant is one of the hardest working players to ever play in the league. He has a horrible personality though and comes off as a douche a lot of times, so a lot of people don't like him. Part of the reason Jordan is so loved is b/c he was such a cool guy. If he was an arrogant ***, would people be so quick to argue and defend him? If Kobe had the personality of a Michael Jordan, he would be considered an undisputed top 5 all-time player. Instead, he has so many haters that no matter what he does, there will always be people looking for every reason to chop him down.

I don't think you will find a knowledgeable fan alive who doesn't agree that Kobe outworks nearly everyone.

But nobody likes a dominant teamw, outside their fan base. Yankees are the same thing. You either love them, or hate them. There is no in between

C-Style
07-24-2011, 01:04 AM
I don't think you will find a knowledgeable fan alive who doesn't agree that Kobe outworks nearly everyone.

But nobody likes a dominant teamw, outside their fan base. Yankees are the same thing. You either love them, or hate them. There is no in between

A lot of ppl in the US love to watch greatness. I hate Boston teams. Like the Patriots, what they have done in the past is great and I can appreciate.. and I was actually rooting for them when the lost vs Giants. I think that's what made MJ have so many fans cause they saw dominance, greatness.

LosDoyers1
07-24-2011, 03:08 AM
This thread title should be changed to "How upset would Miami winning one title make you?"

I'd love to see those responses!

derekreed33
07-24-2011, 03:43 AM
Don't care.

MVP1
07-24-2011, 03:54 AM
A) Anyone but the Heat is OK by me. My team sucks right now so I don't have a horse in the race.

B) Wouldn't mind seeing the Lakers win without Phil.

I rather have the Lakers winning 5 in row than the Heat winning 1.

Korman12
07-24-2011, 03:55 AM
A little? Not as much as Boston, but that's it.

Pretty much just those two teams.

marj987
07-24-2011, 04:18 AM
I'd be suprised IF! they win another championship cause that window is damn near shut!

Cubby
07-24-2011, 04:27 AM

Honestly, a Heat vs. Bulls rivalry seems very likely. In my opinion it already started.

LakersMaster24
07-24-2011, 04:34 AM
I'd be suprised IF! they win another championship cause that window is damn near shut!

Its funny how last year Dallas got embarassed in the playoffs too, but you guys didnt think the window was "Shut" lol But this year, after winning 2 rings in a row, and just losing this years playoffs, all of a sudden the Lakers are "done".

Cubby
07-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Its funny how last year Dallas got embarassed in the playoffs too, but you guys didnt think the window was "Shut" lol But this year, after winning 2 rings in a row, and just losing this years playoffs, all of a sudden the Lakers are "done".

In my opinion, the Lakers' window isn't shut, but it is very close. Many people believe it's because you have an old team with no good young players other then Bynum who, mind you, is very injury prone. Even when he's healthy, he can't lead you when Kobe is gone.

LakersMaster24
07-24-2011, 04:45 AM
In my opinion, the Lakers' window isn't shut, but it is very close. Many people believe it's because you have an old team with no good young players other then Bynum who, mind you, is very injury prone. Even when he's healthy, he can't lead you when Kobe is gone.

I think the Lakers (with the current squad) still have 2 years left for a shots at a championships. However, if you add a good point guard to that, or if somehow the Lakers land Mr.Dwight Howard, then I think the Lakers will be contenders for at least 4 more years.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-24-2011, 04:55 AM
I don't care.

I hate them but I'm not gonna die if they win. I'll congratulate them on winning.

marj987
07-24-2011, 05:14 AM

1st off : Alot of people thought the window was shut, Hell alot of people didn't even think we had a window! But all the Mavs did was keep rebuilding, that's all that was and they finally did what they were suppose to do in the playoffs..

2nd: I didn't mean it as to say they were "done" I mean as to say they probably need to start rebuilding, just like the Mavs kept doing, to open the window up some more. But that window is close though sorry to say. Maybe I shouldn't have made a post to were it sounded a little insulting.

Jewelz0376
07-24-2011, 05:23 AM
A lot of people on Psd would be mad especially since if the Lakers won another title Kobe would move up to #2 behind Jordan in the media's eyes...

J-Relo
07-24-2011, 05:32 AM
i would cry like a river

LakersMaster24
07-24-2011, 06:10 AM
1st off : Alot of people thought the window was shut, Hell alot of people didn't even think we had a window! But all the Mavs did was keep rebuilding, that's all that was and they finally did what they were suppose to do in the playoffs..

2nd: I didn't mean it as to say they were "done" I mean as to say they probably need to start rebuilding, just like the Mavs kept doing, to open the window up some more. But that window is close though sorry to say. Maybe I shouldn't have made a post to were it sounded a little insulting.

I wouldnt call that rebuilding. Lakers just need a couple of energy players, thats all. Just like you guys added a defensive presence in Chandler.

ackar
07-24-2011, 10:39 AM
I put this in perspective I was not upset that the packers won the Superbowl so if the Lakers won oh well maybe next year for my Bulls. Upset seriously unless i laid down a massive bet it does not matter in the scheme of things.

evadatam5150
07-24-2011, 03:29 PM

Not that I care because I really don't... But as a student of human interaction I find it really intriguing that many *Lakers* haters have issues with them winning Championships because they seem to Win all the time.. I can totally understand that.. What I don't understand is why these same haters don't seem to have that same kind of hater zeal towards the Boston Celtics who have actually won 1 more NBA Championship.. :D

I just find that argument of *the Lakers always win and I'm tired of it* kind of empty as that same passion isn't carried over to a team that has actually earned 1 more ring.. Interesting..

To point though, I really do think it's the end of an era where the Lakers are concerned.. I think they're still good and have a talented starting unit.. Problem is Daddy Buss seams to be taking a back seat to Jim Buss these days and Jim Buss doesn't appear to have the same lust for winning that Daddy has.. The signs have been on the wall for a few seasons now that the Lakers aren't prepared or interested in upgrading where the bench is concerned or making player adjustments when they know they have specific needs. In fact they have let some potentially good fits slide on by whilst believing they had the necessary pieces to get the job done when it was very clear that they didn't.. Obviously money is also playing a big roll in some of these decisions but in the past the money didn't really matter.. Obviously that mentality has changed..

Simply put I don't think the Lakers haters have anything to worry about unless things change drastically in the front office..

fadedmario
07-24-2011, 03:36 PM
This is really a thread?

x2 - Laker fans are in denial. Good luck rebuilding LA.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Not that I care because I really don't... But as a student of human interaction I find it really intriguing that many *Lakers* haters have issues with them winning Championships because they seem to Win all the time.. I can totally understand that.. What I don't understand is why these same haters don't seem to have that same kind of hater zeal towards the Boston Celtics who have actually won 1 more NBA Championship.. :D
I just find that argument of *the Lakers always win and I'm tired of it* kind of empty as that same passion isn't carried over to a team that has actually earned 1 more ring.. Interesting..

To point though, I really do think it's the end of an era where the Lakers are concerned.. I think they're still good and have a talented starting unit.. Problem is Daddy Buss seams to be taking a back seat to Jim Buss these days and Jim Buss doesn't appear to have the same lust for winning that Daddy has.. The signs have been on the wall for a few seasons now that the Lakers aren't prepared or interested in upgrading where the bench is concerned or making player adjustments when they know they have specific needs. In fact they have let some potentially good fits slide on by whilst believing they had the necessary pieces to get the job done when it was very clear that they didn't.. Obviously money is also playing a big roll in some of these decisions but in the past the money didn't really matter.. Obviously that mentality has changed..

Simply put I don't think the Lakers haters have anything to worry about unless things change drastically in the front office..

We are fairly low on posters ages 65+ is why. Hell, even if we include the three chips in the 80's, I don't think more than 5% of the NBA forums is over the age of 30, so those don't really factor in either. Its the same as Yankee haters. When I was a kid and a huge Yankees fan, it was the dry spell they had in the Mattingly era. But everyone hates a winner, if its not their own team. And currently the Lakers have been winning a lot of rings, and they are in a huge market with a lot of outspoken fans. The Spurs for instance are not. So they are treated differently.

I am guilty of not wanting them to ever win a ring again. Especially with Kobe. But if they do, it doesn't effect my life in the slightest. Who cares? Its only sports afterall

fadedmario
07-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Bulls or Heat will probably win it next year anyway. Lakers would get owned by both those teams. I don't think the Lakers could beat OKC in 7 either. Dallas could win it again but I don't see it. Lakers window is shut. Close the book on them. Do we really need this kind of thread?

GeekInThePink
07-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Upset, If my team don't win I'm mad.

evadatam5150
07-24-2011, 03:46 PM

Leave it to Suns Homer to come in and do his level best to justify his own jealous pettiness.. :clap:

Newsflash Homer, Phoenix doesn't have any guy I want to see win a ring either..!!! :D

evadatam5150
07-24-2011, 03:50 PM
We are fairly low on posters ages 65+ is why. Hell, even if we include the three chips in the 80's, I don't think more than 5% of the NBA forums is over the age of 30, so those don't really factor in either. Its the same as Yankee haters. When I was a kid and a huge Yankees fan, it was the dry spell they had in the Mattingly era. But everyone hates a winner, if its not their own team. And currently the Lakers have been winning a lot of rings, and they are in a huge market with a lot of outspoken fans. The Spurs for instance are not. So they are treated differently.

I am guilty of not wanting them to ever win a ring again. Especially with Kobe. But if they do, it doesn't effect my life in the slightest. Who cares? Its only sports afterall

I can get with that.. As I said previously I'm just interested in the reasoning as I find it a bit intriguing.. Obviously I have some truly odd reasoning as to my biases when it comes to sports and teams..

Will 2 BE
07-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Seeing as how i dont gain nor lose anything from them or ay team for that matter i could care less. The only thing Laker fans get is a year of bragging rights and trash talk. I dont lose to much sleep over the it though..... Stupid lockout, instead of discussing free agency we get to make up topics like this

JWO35
07-24-2011, 03:53 PM
If someone would ask me, "U Mad"?

I would say yes...

knicksfan42
07-24-2011, 03:57 PM
You say you want parity but realistically will Sacramento win big anytime soon?

No probably not seeing as how blatantly rigged the 2002 Western Conference Finals was.

So why I hate the Lakers:

1. 2002 Western Conference Finals: Liked them before watching this.

2. Scumbag players (Kobe Bryant in particular)

NYY NYJ NYK
07-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Wouldn't be sad at all

LakersMaster24
07-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Bulls or Heat will probably win it next year anyway. Lakers would get owned by both those teams. I don't think the Lakers could beat OKC in 7 either. Dallas could win it again but I don't see it. Lakers window is shut. Close the book on them. Do we really need this kind of thread?

Ohhhh man, here we go again with these Lakers haters.

2008 = NBA Finals Trip (TAKES ENERGY)
2009 = NBA Champions (TAKES ENERGY)
2010 = NBA Champions (TAKES ENERGY)
2011 = Second Round Exit (Exhaustion)

You just dont understand how hard it is to keep going to the Finals, yet staying fresh, do you? You are one of those people that think that one year of failure is enough to bring down the whole thing. As I said before, last years Mavs (added Chandler) won the ring this year.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2011, 04:30 PM
To Laker fans, let me ask you this. As currently constructed, do you really believe you are a contender? Do you really think Mike Brown is the answer?

Many of us look at an aged roster with a lot of games on their knees, and a team with zero financial flexibility. If the new CBA comes out with no mid level exception, trades are the only thing available. Most of your players make way too much money for their production, and the only player anyone would seriously consider trading for is Bynum, something the Lakers have made very clear they are not willing to discuss.

Brown is a good defensive coach, but watching him on the sideline scratching his head because he just can't figure out why the same play he uses every single possession isn't working anymore, is a painful sight.

Wade>You
07-24-2011, 04:32 PM
As long as Miami doesn't win I'm happy. And this is coming from a big time Laker hater./thread

The NBA: where integrity doesn't matter

LakersMaster24
07-24-2011, 04:35 PM
To Laker fans, let me ask you this. As currently constructed, do you really believe you are a contender? Do you really think Mike Brown is the answer?

Many of us look at an aged roster with a lot of games on their knees, and a team with zero financial flexibility. If the new CBA comes out with no mid level exception, trades are the only thing available. Most of your players make way too much money for their production, and the only player anyone would seriously consider trading for is Bynum, something the Lakers have made very clear they are not willing to discuss.

Brown is a good defensive coach, but watching him on the sideline scratching his head because he just can't figure out why the same play he uses every single possession isn't working anymore, is a painful sight.

See, thats exactly what I mean. All the Lakers need is one guy that can move the team to another level, in the Lakers case its a point guard. Just like with the Mavs last year.

NYtilIdie
07-24-2011, 04:36 PM

"Tomorrow those people still have to wake up and live the same life they had the day before"

-Lebron James :D

Chacarron
07-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Realistically, our chances of winning are not as good as in previous years. The lack of a consistent PG and a good bench will make it difficult for the Lakers to be serious contenders. I would love to say that as long as Kobe is in this team we have a fighting chance, but I don't see Kobe as the same player anymore. I hope I'm wrong and Kobe comes out with a vengeance but I doubt that's the case.

The hiring of Brown is good for the defense and hopefully Bynum becomes a top defender like Howard. I still believe in Pau Gasol as he is only 30 years old and he will have to carry this team more in the coming years.

The new CBA will certainly dictate the faiths of many teams like the Lakers, the Celtics, the Magic and the rest of the elite teams with big salaries in their respective payrolls.

fadedmario
07-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Ohhhh man, here we go again with these Lakers haters.

2008 = NBA Finals Trip (TAKES ENERGY)
2009 = NBA Champions (TAKES ENERGY)
2010 = NBA Champions (TAKES ENERGY)
2011 = Second Round Exit (Exhaustion)

You just dont understand how hard it is to keep going to the Finals, yet staying fresh, do you? You are one of those people that think that one year of failure is enough to bring down the whole thing. As I said before, last years Mavs (added Chandler) won the ring this year.

The first step is admitting you have a problem. DENIAL - see you in the lottery in 2 years. I'm not a Laker hater at all. I just find it funny that LA fans on here need attention because they know their team is on its last leg.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Realistically, our chances of winning are not as good as in previous years. The lack of a consistent PG and a good bench will make it difficult for the Lakers to be serious contenders. I would love to say that as long as Kobe is in this team we have a fighting chance, but I don't see Kobe as the same player anymore. I hope I'm wrong and Kobe comes out with a vengeance but I doubt that's the case.

The hiring of Brown is good for the defense and hopefully Bynum becomes a top defender like Howard. I still believe in Pau Gasol as he is only 30 years old and he will have to carry this team more in the coming years.

The new CBA will certainly dictate the faiths of many teams like the Lakers, the Celtics, the Magic and the rest of the elite teams with big salaries in their respective payrolls.

I have always viewed you as one of the Laker fans on this site that is very fair about his own team and the play of others.

What do you think needs to happen (excluding the new CBA effect, since we have zero clue what it will be) for the Lakers to be true contenders? Obviously Bynum having a career year and Gasol stepping back up would be ideal, as would Kobe having a miraculous bounceback to 2008, but what realistically needs to happen, in your opinion?

Hawkeye15
07-24-2011, 05:18 PM
See, thats exactly what I mean. All the Lakers need is one guy that can move the team to another level, in the Lakers case its a point guard. Just like with the Mavs last year.

how are you planning on getting that PG? Did you actually read the entire post, I alluded to the Lakers being locked down roster wise due to their financial state.

Chacarron
07-24-2011, 05:30 PM
I have always viewed you as one of the Laker fans on this site that is very fair about his own team and the play of others.

What do you think needs to happen (excluding the new CBA effect, since we have zero clue what it will be) for the Lakers to be true contenders? Obviously Bynum having a career year and Gasol stepping back up would be ideal, as would Kobe having a miraculous bounceback to 2008, but what realistically needs to happen, in your opinion?

The bench has to step up. Steve Blake, Matt Barnes and Lamar Odom have to come up big if the Lakers are going to have a chance. When I look at other teams like the Mavs, the Spurs and the Bulls, their bench players are very reliable. The main problem with the Lakers bench however is the lack of athleticism and young players. Sometimes, the game needs a change of pace but the Lakers don't have players that play the uptempo game.

Kobe Bryant has to trust his teammates as well. Both Pau and Bynum are ready for a bigger role and Kobe needs to share the wealth with the rest of the players because he is not playing with scrubs. As selfish as Kobe is, he has shown he can be a great playmaker. There is no denying, the Lakers are better off when Kobe is a distributor and not taking 20+ shots a game.

Kevj77
07-24-2011, 05:36 PM
how are you planning on getting that PG? Did you actually read the entire post, I alluded to the Lakers being locked down roster wise due to their financial state.My hopes are that the improvement comes from within our roster. It might be wishful thinking, but Blake never fit into the triangle and I'm hoping Browns offense will help him fit in and he will play better at PG. The bench will be an issue, but Odom should be solid as usual and Barnes was playing great before his knee injury, he was never the same after hopefully he will be healthy and play like he did before the injury last year. Also there is a reason very few teams have made four straight NBA finals fatigue is a real issue and another was arrogance thinking they could just turn it on when they wanted. Hopefully losing to the Mavs early the way they did will let them rest and they will have a chip on their shoulder. Kobe is in decline, but I don't think his days as a top 5 player are done yet.

I agree that we might not be able to get any help other then vet min types in the new CBA. Still I think the people that think the Lakers won't at least be contenders and will be a lottery team in 2-3 years are in for disappointment. Those are my realistic views as a Lakers fan.

LakersMaster24
07-24-2011, 05:44 PM
how are you planning on getting that PG? Did you actually read the entire post, I alluded to the Lakers being locked down roster wise due to their financial state.

Via trade. Plus we have a promising rookie in Morris.

LakersMaster24
07-24-2011, 05:45 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem. DENIAL - see you in the lottery in 2 years. I'm not a Laker hater at all. I just find it funny that LA fans on here need attention because they know their team is on its last leg.

Oh please. So the teams like the Celtics are not done, but the Lakers are done? Smart.

Tony_Starks
07-24-2011, 08:54 PM

Just the improving of the defensive philosophy will be a huge deal in itself. Also Im guessing that he will probably give Bynum (assuming he's healthy) a little more room to operate. For whatever reason that guy could never get out of Phils doghouse. Then if he let's the young guys they have actually play and finally moves Fish to the bench that automatically makes them more athletic.

Just with those changes there I think it improves them as a team. If they are somehow able to add any talent then I think they have a very solid chance of getting back. Even though Kobe is getting long in the tooth, the core of Gasol/Odom/Bynum are all still young enough where he doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting and can still kinda cruise and pick his spots.

Tony_Starks
07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
My hopes are that the improvement comes from within our roster. It might be wishful thinking, but Blake never fit into the triangle and I'm hoping Browns offense will help him fit in and he will play better at PG. The bench will be an issue, but Odom should be solid as usual and Barnes was playing great before his knee injury, he was never the same after hopefully he will be healthy and play like he did before the injury last year. Also there is a reason very few teams have made four straight NBA finals fatigue is a real issue and another was arrogance thinking they could just turn it on when they wanted. Hopefully losing to the Mavs early the way they did will let them rest and they will have a chip on their shoulder. Kobe is in decline, but I don't think his days as a top 5 player are done yet.

I agree that we might not be able to get any help other then vet min types in the new CBA. Still I think the people that think the Lakers won't at least be contenders and will be a lottery team in 2-3 years are in for disappointment. Those are my realistic views as a Lakers fan.

Thats how I see it. Most of the work will be done with what they have but what they have is still pretty good utilized properly....

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2011, 09:03 PM

Who are you going to trade to get a PG? Lamar is the best piece because the Lakers don't want to trade Bynum. And if you trade Lamar, you would have no bench.

Angelus™
07-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Really dont think so at all. Im very hesitant at having Mike Brown as a coach. I mean really any coach after Phil i would be unsure of.

We certainly cant win a championship with the roster we have now. I personally believe we need to make a big trade to get back to the finals. Not sure how thats gonna happen with the pieces we have now

LakersMaster24
07-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Who are you going to trade to get a PG? Lamar is the best piece because the Lakers don't want to trade Bynum. And if you trade Lamar, you would have no bench.

I think Boston fans should worry about their own age problems and about their "window".

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2011, 11:27 PM
I think Boston fans should worry about their own age problems and about their "window".

Ok I'm worried about that but I'm just making a point though. I may be a bit of homer but I think the Celtics are in a better position than the Lakers especially if there isn't a season this year.

nickdymez
07-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Ok I'm worried about that but I'm just making a point though. I may be a bit of homer but I think the Celtics are in a better position than the Lakers especially if there isn't a season this year.

lmao.. wow, really???

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-25-2011, 12:14 AM
lmao.. wow, really???

It there isn't a season this year(all signs are saying there's a huge chance we won't) and the lockout ends sometime next summer, KG's and Rays contracts come off the books and we have room to add a max contract because of this. But if there is a season this year I like the Celtics more because of the coaching situation in LA. Don't really like the Mike Brown hire for them.

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 12:24 AM
It there isn't a season this year(all signs are saying there's a huge chance we won't) and the lockout ends sometime next summer, KG's and Rays contracts come off the books and we have room to add a max contract because of this. But if there is a season this year I like the Celtics more because of the coaching situation in LA. Don't really like the Mike Brown hire for them.

I agree with the coaching thing.. I honestly think Doc Rivers is a top three coach in the league if not the best. I thought he was better than Phil actually. From day one i hated Mike Brown.. I mean when he was in Cleveland i knew they wouldn't win cuz he's a ****** coach. So i'll give you that. But i think if the lakers add a young efficient pg and a back-up big, then they will be ok.

Now i think that the Celtics age wouldn't be a problem if they weren't plagued by bad injuries. The whole big three maybe less Ray have nagging injury problems i believe... Even Rondo got bit by the bug. We will see, but them dudes have no size man, at all... Thats the biggest thing..

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-25-2011, 12:31 AM
I agree with the coaching thing.. I honestly think Doc Rivers is a top three coach in the league if not the best. I thought he was better than Phil actually. From day one i hated Mike Brown.. I mean when he was in Cleveland i knew they wouldn't win cuz he's a ****** coach. So i'll give you that. But i think if the lakers add a young efficient pg and a back-up big, then they will be ok.

Now i think that the Celtics age wouldn't be a problem if they weren't plagued by bad injuries. The whole big three maybe less Ray have nagging injury problems i believe... Even Rondo got bit by the bug. We will see, but them dudes have no size man, at all... Thats the biggest thing..

Yeah I totally agree with you. Rondo's though was just a freak accident that could've happened to anyone at any age. I'm hoping for the MLE to come back it seems like it won't because of what the owners want. But if there is an MLE we could use it on Dalembert, Carl Landry said the other day he wants to come here as well. I do indeed want one more Celtics Lakers NBA Finals to end the era before both teams do some reshaping to say the least.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2011, 12:32 AM
The bench has to step up. Steve Blake, Matt Barnes and Lamar Odom have to come up big if the Lakers are going to have a chance. When I look at other teams like the Mavs, the Spurs and the Bulls, their bench players are very reliable. The main problem with the Lakers bench however is the lack of athleticism and young players. Sometimes, the game needs a change of pace but the Lakers don't have players that play the uptempo game.

Kobe Bryant has to trust his teammates as well. Both Pau and Bynum are ready for a bigger role and Kobe needs to share the wealth with the rest of the players because he is not playing with scrubs. As selfish as Kobe is, he has shown he can be a great playmaker. There is no denying, the Lakers are better off when Kobe is a distributor and not taking 20+ shots a game.

agreed. I think it will take the efforts of a veteran laced team in perfect harmony to win next year if you are the Lakers. I think its possible obviously, since I think the majority, if not all, of their roster is into the team concept.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2011, 12:35 AM
My hopes are that the improvement comes from within our roster. It might be wishful thinking, but Blake never fit into the triangle and I'm hoping Browns offense will help him fit in and he will play better at PG. The bench will be an issue, but Odom should be solid as usual and Barnes was playing great before his knee injury, he was never the same after hopefully he will be healthy and play like he did before the injury last year. Also there is a reason very few teams have made four straight NBA finals fatigue is a real issue and another was arrogance thinking they could just turn it on when they wanted. Hopefully losing to the Mavs early the way they did will let them rest and they will have a chip on their shoulder. Kobe is in decline, but I don't think his days as a top 5 player are done yet.

I will agree, Blake and Barnes can't get worse, only better. If you are hoping for Brown's offense will help anyone, you have now entered why many think they are done. Brown doesn't understand the first thing about offense.

The roster is still top heavy enough to be a contender, and even with Kobe now being a risk to fall outside the top 5 player area, the Lakers still have a tough front court, and depth that should be better (they have to be).

I just don't know if they can be a real threat this next year. I hope I am right, but expect I will be wrong...

Avenged
07-25-2011, 12:37 AM

Yes. The Lakers are definitely contenders. Favorites? No. But I don't see how they aren't contenders. Too much emphasis is being put on the coach. The talent the Lakers have alone makes them contenders.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2011, 12:37 AM
to those who think the Lakers will improve from within, you do realize that Bynum is the only player you have who could possibly fit that wish, right? If not, than you will be very, very disappointed next season

CityofTreez
07-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Despise the Lakers, and love that Mike Brown is their Coach!

I'd be upset (not gonna lie) but I don't see it happening.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Yes. The Lakers are definitely contenders. Favorites? No. But I don't see how they aren't contenders. Too much emphasis is being put on the coach. The talent the Lakers have alone makes them contenders.

I honestly went back to edit my post, but it had been replied to. Of course they are contenders. But did anyone honestly think the LeBron led Cavs were legit title contenders? There are teams that, of course, will win a ton of games, and in the Lakers case, HAVE won rings, but as currently constructed, would you put more than a couple bucks on their chances?

I wouldn't.

Sadds The Gr8
07-25-2011, 12:50 AM

first time i've ever seen u actually put thought into a post

naps
07-25-2011, 12:56 AM

How are they gonna get a young PG and a backup big again?

naps
07-25-2011, 01:02 AM

+1.

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 01:06 AM

Because you werent talking to me like a robot and just rattling off stats and what not. When im talking basketball with people casually, we dont rattle off advanced stats.. We have actually played basketball at a pretty decent level and judge players on what we see, not what we google... Like ive said before, i dont watch soccer, but i could go to a soccer website and pretend I know whos the best by just lookin at advanced Soccer stats..

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 01:08 AM
You are saying the Lakers will be fine with a young PG and a backup big but not saying HOW? It's like saying if Miami can land Dwight and CP3 they will be fine too. Don't ask me how because I am not a GM :rolleyes:

hahahahhaha.. Does that even make sense? Did i say "If the Lakers got the best big man in the league along with the best point guard they can compete"? You clowns on this site just want to argue..

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Oh, sounds like reality is starting to set in.

oh yea Knick fan?

naps
07-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Oh, sounds like reality is starting to set in.

I know right! Lakers have no money to spend and they have no trade asset as well. I could not understand how they would land a young PG and a bench.

NYtilIdie
07-25-2011, 01:10 AM
oh yea Knick fan?

Um.....yeah.

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Um.....yeah.

lol, in other words your a Knick fan.. A player on my team holds the record for points in your building.... Thats never gonna happen in Staples buddy... Run along

naps
07-25-2011, 01:15 AM
lol, in other words your a Knick fan.. A player on my team holds the record for points in your building.... Thats never gonna happen in Staples buddy... Run along

LOL. Why are you getting mad at him? He did not say anything wrong. You didn't backup what you said because in reality there's near zero chance that happens. You are just insulting a knick fan here with offtopic BS.

NYtilIdie
07-25-2011, 01:16 AM

You say that like it means something to me :laugh2:. You're just a lil salty right now thinking about your crippled future, go take a nap and calm down.

EDIT: Like im not just saying crippled as in financially, like I mean you're future is literally crippled. He's already parking in handicap spots.

CountSackula
07-25-2011, 01:17 AM
I would **** my pants out of sheer joy.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Damn it got feisty lol.

NYtilIdie
07-25-2011, 01:19 AM
^ Truth hurts sometimes.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-25-2011, 01:23 AM
^ Truth hurts sometimes.

lol. But you're right. I don't see the Lakers being able to do much with the team and coach they have.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2011, 01:31 AM
You are saying the Lakers will be fine with a young PG and a backup big but not saying HOW? It's like saying if Miami can land Dwight and CP3 they will be fine too. Don't ask me how because I am not a GM :rolleyes:

Technically the Lakers already have a young point pg in Blake who rode the bench last year and won't be confined to the triangle offense anymore btw.......

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Technically the Lakers already have a young point pg in Blake who rode the bench last year and won't be confined to the triangle offense anymore btw.......

Steve Blake is 31. He ain't young.

gaughan333
07-25-2011, 01:37 AM
In what universe is steve blake a young point guard?

Tony_Starks
07-25-2011, 01:38 AM
He's got a lot of bounce left. For damn sure an upgrade over Fish. Not to mention the jury is still out on if they'll bring Shannon back, I doubt he goes and gets the big payday he's looking for especially with the new cba. Either one as a starter is an improvement in a normal offense.

Lamar Odom is going on 32 btw is still considered a young player. It's not the age it's how well they've maintained......

CityofTreez
07-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Because you werent talking to me like a robot and just rattling off stats and what not. When im talking basketball with people casually, we dont rattle off advanced stats.. We have actually played basketball at a pretty decent level and judge players on what we see, not what we google... Like ive said before, i dont watch soccer, but i could go to a soccer website and pretend I know whos the best by just lookin at advanced Soccer stats..

Hey Benchwarmer. Take a Seat!

naps
07-25-2011, 01:45 AM

First of all, Steve Blake is not young, not even in the hell.

Secondly, that was not what I was commenting at. That guy said Lakers will bring a young PG and a back up big and they will be fine. I understand they might be fine with those additions but I asked him to explain how the Lakers would get those players because they don't any financial flexibility and apparently no trade assets. He came up with "I am not a GM shthead so I don't know."

Tony_Starks
07-25-2011, 01:51 AM

Secondly, that was not what I was commenting at. That guy said Lakers will bring a young PG and a back up big and they will be fine. I understand they might be fine with those additions but I asked him to explain how the Lakers would get those players because they don't any financial flexibility and apparently no trade assets. He came up with "I am not a GM shthead so I don't know."

Going to go out on a limb and say thats not exactly true there pal......

NYtilIdie
07-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Going to go out on a limb and say thats not exactly true there pal......

Well, the only two people I see tradeable that would make the Lakers better and still contenders are Gasol and Bynum.

We know Bynum is un-touchable and I don't know if you can get young talent back for a 31 yr. old Gasol.

I still think Bynum-Howard swap is the best bet.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2011, 02:02 AM
It's all good. I've been hearing Lakers won't win another championship just about every year since Shaq left, but historically they've always proved the doubters wrong. Put it this way, give any coach in the league a core of Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Odom and they'll tell you they got a chance at a title.

NYtilIdie
07-25-2011, 02:05 AM
When you say it like that it sounds like for the rest of our existence, they'll win another title, just not in the Kobe Era imo.

gaughan333
07-25-2011, 02:09 AM
He's got a lot of bounce left. For damn sure an upgrade over Fish. Not to mention the jury is still out on if they'll bring Shannon back, I doubt he goes and gets the big payday he's looking for especially with the new cba. Either one as a starter is an improvement in a normal offense.

Lamar Odom is going on 32 btw is still considered a young player. It's not the age it's how well they've maintained......

By who?

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 02:11 AM
By who?

Rational Human beings

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 02:14 AM

I didnt say that "naps" (Type of name is that).. I said thats what they need... You do two things for me.....

1. Put a texturizer on your hair...
2. Shut up...

gaughan333
07-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Does anyone else here who is not a lakers fan consider lamar odom a young basketball player?

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Does anyone else here who is not a lakers fan consider lamar odom a young basketball player?

I wouldn't call him young, but he aint old...

knightstemplar
07-25-2011, 02:19 AM
why make this thread?

Youmad?
07-25-2011, 02:21 AM

You do know the lakers have only missed the playoffs 2-3 years in their entire history right? They aren't the lions who are constintely losing. I'll tell you what I'll bet my whole house that the lions start rebuilding again first before the lakers even miss the playoffs

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 02:30 AM
lmao@ see you in the Lottery... **** outta here

gaughan333
07-25-2011, 02:40 AM
I wouldn't call him young, but he aint old...
Didn't say he was

nickdymez
07-25-2011, 02:53 AM
Didn't say he was

didnt say you did

Hawkeye15
07-25-2011, 08:38 AM

As I said though, what trades can you make to get an impact player? The Lakers have little wiggle room with a lot of overpaid players, or players who just didn't play well last year that don't look attractive to trade for. They won't trade Bynum. Gasol makes a TON of money. Nobody will touch Artest or Blake, and the Lakers are waaaaaaaaay over the cap. I am just not sure how they make any substantial moves via trade.

JasonJohnHorn
07-25-2011, 08:44 AM
I wouldnt mind. If it was the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, I'd be p!$$ed, but the Gasol/Odom Lakers, I love watching them play. Though I'm not confident that Mike Brown can get the most out of these guys. I love Artest's passion too. Bynum and Bryant, meh, I can do without. Especially since Bynum parked in a handicap spot!

Da Knicks
07-25-2011, 10:08 AM
No probably not seeing as how blatantly rigged the 2002 Western Conference Finals was.

So why I hate the Lakers:

1. 2002 Western Conference Finals: Liked them before watching this.

2. Scumbag players (Kobe Bryant in particular)

this sums it up.

RaiderLakersA's
07-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Upset? Me????

Tony_Starks
07-25-2011, 03:58 PM
As I said though, what trades can you make to get an impact player? The Lakers have little wiggle room with a lot of overpaid players, or players who just didn't play well last year that don't look attractive to trade for. They won't trade Bynum. Gasol makes a TON of money. Nobody will touch Artest or Blake, and the Lakers are waaaaaaaaay over the cap. I am just not sure how they make any substantial moves via trade.

LO is coming off 6th man of the year and in the last year of his contract. A nice trade chip but Im sure they wouldn't just give him away. They were talking about Iggy for LO straight up earlier but Im not so sure that's a huge upgrade. But still a LO/Ebanks/ draft pick package could probably net you a very nice player.......

SteBO
07-25-2011, 04:07 PM
LO is coming off 6th man of the year and in the last year of his contract. A nice trade chip but Im sure they wouldn't just give him away. They were talking about Iggy for LO straight up earlier but Im not so sure that's a huge upgrade. But still a LO/Ebanks/ draft pick package could probably net you a very nice player.......
I'm not convinced of that, but do you have anyone in mind that could really, really help the Lakers that's out there?

Geargo Wallace
07-25-2011, 04:10 PM
I would hate it a lot because of PSD. I respect the 3-peat Lakers because of my boy Shaq. I hate the current Lakers mostly because of Kobe and his Kobephiles.

Crackadalic
07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
doesnt bother me a bit.

LakersMaster24
07-25-2011, 04:25 PM
The fact that all of you are just finding different ways to prove that the Lakers are done, clearly shows that you are still worried about the Lakers as title contenders. :rolleyes:

Tony_Starks
07-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm not convinced of that, but do you have anyone in mind that could really, really help the Lakers that's out there?

You mean as far as FA's or trades? There's plenty of FA's out there and there are marginal trades that can be made, sure. People act like they have to bring in an allstar or something. When you're a Lakers, Boston, or SPurs, the core is intact so all you need are smart moves to contend. No need to try anything drastic, keep in mind they were going for a 3peat and lost to the eventual champs.... not exactly the end of the world.

Gators123
07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
They only thing that would make me upset is all of the new bandwagoners that would join after they won.

Drunken Machine
07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
i would hate the Lakers even more if they won another championship. You have:
- an appealing destination for free agents
- hollywood/celebrity back drop that would appeal to even non-basketball enthusiasts
- big media market
- an owner who wants to spend money to win

as a suffering fan of the pacers, i'm sure all the smaller market teams would love those kinds of luxuries...unfortunately big name free agents tend to go to the big cities. Sorry laker fans, i don't mean to sound bitter and jealous, but u guys are too spoilt.:p

side note: the clippers could easily muscle in on the Laker's territory if donald sterling picked his head out of his *** and actually spent money; probably not happening any time soon.

Byronicle
07-27-2011, 12:15 PM
who cares. lakers are always going to win more championships whether ppl like it or not

KingPosey
07-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Im a Kings fan, so I hate the Lakers, BUT, if they beat Miami, I would kinda like it.