PDA

View Full Version : 2012 N.B.A Draft

MELO7NYK/DENfan
07-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I know some of them havnt played a college game yet but its going to be a deep draft class so what players you think can be stars in the nba?

And who are the sleepers you think for this up in coming college season?

Iodine
07-22-2011, 10:49 PM
At one point or another, OJ Mayo, Jerome Jordan, and even Luke Jackson had hype before seasons started. No. Point. At. All.

Tree Rollins
07-22-2011, 11:18 PM
At one point or another, OJ Mayo, Jerome Jordan, and even Luke Jackson had hype before seasons started. No. Point. At. All.

I've never understood comments like this. if you don't think there is a point, then don't comment. Don't click. Don't waste everyone's time by typing a pointless response. He's asking people to take their best guess, which is a reasonable thing to do.

Anyway, James McAdoo has a ton of potential and already has some touch and a little mid-range game that a lot of big guys don't have at his age but might not get huge minutes b/c he's at UNC, so there's a slight chance he won't come out. A semi-sleeper i like though (if you want to call a projected 1st round pick a sleeper) is PG Myck Kabongo who's going to Texas. his quickness and vision are uncanny. I can't see how he can miss in the NBA.

fadedmario
07-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Andre Drummond

PocketKings
07-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Brad Beal is my favorite incoming freshman and he could possibly declare.

I also like James McAdoo a lot.

A guy that could be a real sleeper as an incoming freshman is Myck Kabongo.

The incoming freshman class is pretty ridiculous this year.

A lot of good talent. I could see 15-20 freshmans enter this draft with possibly 8-10 being 1st rounders. Rivers, Beal, MacAdoo, Kabongo, Teague, and Quincy Miller are 6 of them that I can see as potential lottery picks so that itself might even expand the number of freshmans picked.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Austin Rivers(and Danny please make him a Celtic)

uptownfan
07-22-2011, 11:36 PM
I think it's a little early to tell with that draft class. No standouts like LeBron, KG, Kobe, etc. Austin Rivers has the size to be a great PG one day IMO, but he needs to bulk up a little more and get better with his left hand.

For the 2013 draft class Shabazz Muhammad is supposed to be a beast. Ranked number 1 on Rivals and projected number one pick on nbadraft.net. His NBA comparison says a lot too.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/shabazz-muhammad

uptownfan
07-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Austin Rivers(and Danny please make him a Celtic)

That would be so weird for his dad to be coaching him in the NBA. Even playing against him is strange to think about.

PocketKings
07-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Problem with Shabazz is that he has apparently no right hand. He's limited in his ability to be ambidextrous. I think he'll be exposed a bit.

I'm anxious to see how he does in the Adidas Super 64 tournament thats going on right now in Vegas.

cbreezy34
07-22-2011, 11:45 PM
This next draft will be absurd. Harrison Barnes showed hes a star in the making the second half of last season. Im not sure the Kobe/Carmelo comparisons were fair to him earlier before his freshmen season started but he has some serious potential no doubt. His teammate James McCaddo has a lot of potential as well but may need to put on some strength before declaring for the draft. I seem him as a 2 year player were Barnes is a no doubt about it top 5 pick next year.

As someone pointed out before... Kobango has a lot of potential as well... I see a little Rajon Rondo in him as he is extremely quick and has excellent ball handling... but he is still pretty raw offensively. Quincy Miller is another incoming freshmen with a lot of hype. His game is very similar to Kevin Durant and has a good head on his shoulders... I expect him to be a top 5 pick as well. Anthony Davis is the number 1 prospect according to scout and most recruiting services as well as Chad Fords number 1 currently. Im not buying the hype as a top pick next year. Hes 6-11 and runs the floor really well but is skinny as a rail and is still really raw offensively. I see him staying at Kentucky for a few years which is a great thing if you are a Kentucky fan obvisouly.

Austin Rivers has the potential to be something special as well. I think hes gonna struggle a little intially at Duke as Harrison Barnes did but no one has more of a killer instict then this kid. He has that Kobe Bryant cockiness about him and is not afraid to put up shots. I think Coach K is the perfect coach for him as he will improve his shot selection and help him work on the defensive end.

RevisIsland
07-22-2011, 11:49 PM
I love Harrison Barnes. He really came on at the end of last season. I think he'll be a star in the NBA, at the very least a great #2 for a contender. On the other side, I've never been a fan of Perry Jones. I just think he's an athlete. How often do those types of guys actually succeed?

NYY NYJ NYK
07-22-2011, 11:59 PM
I am excited to see Doc Rivers son play at Duke. Think he'll be one of the top players selected next year.

Luca68
07-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Harrsion Barness enough said

JO3
07-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Andre Drummond. I mixture of Amare and Dwight with a pinch of Blake Griffin. What more do you want!

O and Lebryan Nash is going to be awesome, going to put up big #s at OK ST, he has a NBA ready body and reminds me of Melo. He also has a name consisting of 3 of the NBA's BEST.

hyb152
07-23-2011, 05:09 AM
barnes

hyb152
07-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Also my dude JOSIAH TURNER! Freshman phenom PG coming into Arizona. Played school ball with him back in sacramento where he's from. Hell of a player. Played middle school ball with him too and helped us go 37-0 that year. Whooped his asss in madden whenever he came to my house before practices lol. Real chill dude. He's one of the top PG's in the nation for the incoming class and he'll be a one-and-done lottery pick next year. Keep your eyes out for him nxt season

Mishmin
07-23-2011, 06:58 AM
All I know is it's a great looking draft. Hope the celtics can get into that jar of honey.

torontosports10
07-23-2011, 06:59 AM
I just pray to god that the Raptors pick up another 1st rounder in the lotto and draft a SF/PG combo.

Its likely we will be top 5 in the draft again so we will get a stud SF there.

But if we could swing a deal of one of these players (Bargs,Amir,Bayless,Jose,Davis to an extent) and pick up someone a legit PG prospect then Ill be thrilled.

GoPacers33
07-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Drummond and Rivers

mttwlsn16
07-23-2011, 10:33 AM
harrison barnes is gonna be damn good thats for sure

Hostetler
07-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Harrsion Barness enough said

this

Khalifa21
07-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Andre Drummond
James McAdoo
Anthony Davis
Jared Sullinger
Harrison Barnes
Jeremy Lamb
Quincy Miller
Perry Jones
Marquis Teague
Austin Rivers
Michael Gilchrist
Terrence Jones

The 2012 draft is stacked with talent.

carolinaraider
07-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Of course I gotta go with my boy Harrsion Barnes and James McAdoo= Beasts!

IndiansFan337
07-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I know some of them havnt played a college game yet but its going to be a deep draft class so what players you think can be stars in the nba?

And who are the sleepers you think for this up in coming college season?

This is going to be a super college season with so many returning stars and the incoming freshman class. There should be some loaded teams and great games!

alencp3
07-23-2011, 06:47 PM
whoever the clipps (minny pick) select will be the best

JWO35
07-23-2011, 07:26 PM
With the potential of HS Players being able to be drafted, this could be a Draft to remember

gilly
07-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Drummond is the 2012 class, 2013 draft will be his first year of eligibility.

McAdoo will likely be a Marvin Williams type player for UNC this year, first man off the bench. He should stay in beyond the 2012 draft though so he can get playing time and develop at UNC, because Williams left and look at him now. Even if Barnes, Zeller and Henson go, he'll still be on a good team with Kendall Marshall and PJ Hairston.

Barnes should be the #1 pick, and the National Player of the Year. He's the favourite in my opinion and the best NBA prospect (Sullinger is Tyler Hansborough v2). Can't help but compare him to Kobe (gonna get hated on but he has ice in his veins and is a winner). Henson and Zeller should be first rounders too, Henson is a lottery guy for his length.

PocketKings
07-23-2011, 07:45 PM

McAdoo will likely be a Marvin Williams type player for UNC this year, first man off the bench. He should stay in beyond the 2012 draft though so he can get playing time and develop at UNC, because Williams left and look at him now. Even if Barnes, Zeller and Henson go, he'll still be on a good team with Kendall Marshall and PJ Hairston.

Barnes should be the #1 pick, and the National Player of the Year. He's the favourite in my opinion and the best NBA prospect (Sullinger is Tyler Hansborough v2). Can't help but compare him to Kobe (gonna get hated on but he has ice in his veins and is a winner). Henson and Zeller should be first rounders too, Henson is a lottery guy for his length.

Agreed about Drummond. Well honestly there are a few guys who could really benefit from a 2nd year in college but it just won't happen.

Austin Rivers, as much hype and much of a crush so many have on him, really could stick around for a 2nd year to develop his body more to be ready for the pro's.

Kabongo is a guy who I can see sort of like Josh Selby, he's got a lot of potential to be something special but he could also have an okay to bad year and still might jump to the pros, but he could benefit from a 2nd year as well.

Henson to me won't be a lottery guy because there is just so much talent in this upcoming draft.

I'm not a believer in Isaiah Austin much at all but than again of all the elite incoming freshmen class he's the one I've seen the least of.

TO Rapz
07-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Harrison Barnes = Raptor.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-23-2011, 08:43 PM
If the raptors walk away with a stud PG or SF, man oh man we will be like the Thunder. Derozan-Jonas-ED davis-Barnes or Gilchrist and im a happy *** man

MELO7NYK/DENfan
07-24-2011, 04:03 AM
i have a question what ever happen to fab melo he was so hyped up supposed to be the next big man but i didnt see it i thought he would of been a little bit better than what he did last year.

Tree Rollins
07-24-2011, 01:32 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but then i realized that with the lockout the rules on eligibility could definitely change. I think that's why some guys are starting to include Drummond in their 2012 mocks. I know that high school player eligibility is something the players union is going to fight for.